"Title One of the Stafford Act:
《斯塔福德法案》第一条
'Emergency' means any occasion or instance for which,
"紧急情况"是指在经总统指定的
in the determination of the president..."
场合和情形下...
"Determined" By the president.
指定权在总统
Any instance? As long as we can make the argument
有先例吗, 只要我们能说明这些措施
that this saves lives and protects health and safety.
能拯救生命,保护人民安康就行
Well, unemployment leads to crime,
失业导致犯罪
to malnutrition, to improper medical care.
营养不良,以及恶劣的医疗待遇
There's no doubt it'll be challenged in the courts.
这种说法肯定会在法庭上遭到攻击的
Well, even so, by the time that happens,
就算最终闹上了法庭
people will see what America Works looks like.
那时人们也会见识到美国就业法案了
Tell me, in your legal opinion...
告诉我,从法律的角度说
is there enough leeway here?
你们觉得有足够的回旋余地吗
Yes, the language is sufficiently vague.
有的,法案用词足够模糊
But just to be clear, this is completely unorthodox.
不过我们得说清楚,这么做实在是前所未有
No president has ever tried to reappropriate funds this way.
从没有哪个总统试过这么筹集资金
Thank you, gentlemen, that's all I need.
谢谢各位,今天就到这里
The states won't go for this. Too radical.
各州不会支持的,太激进了
And if I call just one governor
哪怕有一个我联系的州长
who says no and leaks it to the press,
拒绝了我然后向媒体泄露了风声
Congress will be on my ass before I get this out of the gates.
还没等我正式提出,就会被国会穷追猛打
But, the District of Columbia...
但是,哥伦比亚特区
No governor. Just you, the mayor.
没有州长, 只有你,一个市长
Now, Barney, I know this puts you out on a ledge.
巴尼,我知道这会让你冒很大风险
I love it. I love everything about it.
我喜欢,每个条款我都支持
We have to fight Congress
我们不得不跟国会争夺
for every dollar in our budget, each year.
我们预算里的每一分钱,年年如此
If my people see me take the money they won't give us...
如果选民看到我从他们嘴里抠出钱来
well, I just won reelection.
我就能赢得连任
This is why you put a brawler like Barney Hull in office,
这就是你让巴尼·豪尔这样的强人当选的原因
aside from paying a debt.
不只是还他人情
Add up 50 governors and 535 members of Congress,
把全美50位州长和535位国会议员加起来
you don't come close to the gumption of one bold mayor.
也赶不上一位有进取心的大胆市长
I want people registering for jobs in every part of the city
我希望全城各处的人都赶紧去注册找工作
as soon as possible, before the court challenges bubble up.
越快越好,趁法院还没发难
What about one big tent right in front of the Capitol?
在国会大门口支个大帐篷怎么样
Make Congress see the people
让国会看看人民
line up all the way back to the Lincoln Memorial.
排队找工作排到林肯纪念馆的大场面
Can we do something by July Fourth?
能在国庆日出手吗
You bring the fireworks, I'll bring the people.
你只管放烟花,我找人来捧场
Good morning. Please, sit.
早上好,请坐
I know Remy has just briefed you all,
我知道雷米已经向各位介绍过情况了
so, aside from the Secretary of Homeland Security,
那么除了国土安全部部长
who is no longer with us, does anyone else object to this plan?
已经离职之外,还有谁持反对意见吗
Good. Until a new secretary is confirmed,
很好,在新国安部长上任之前
FEMA will report directly to me. Thank you all very much.
联邦应急管理局将直接对我负责,谢谢各位
Unemployment doesn't
失业不能
constitute a natural disaster, Mr. President.
算作是自然灾害,总统先生
The Stafford Act gives me full authority
《斯塔福德法案》授权我
to define an emergency.
定义紧急状况
But, sir, we've only got about three billion left
但是,先生,我们的赈灾基金
in the Disaster Relief Fund,
只剩下30亿不到了
and we're about to go into hurricane season.
而飓风季眼看就要来了
So we use the three billion that's there,
我们先用这现成的30亿
and if a hurricane hits,
万一飓风来袭了
Congress replenishes the funds, just as they always do.
国会定会拨款补充赈灾基金,他们一向如此
When it comes to a disaster, every hour counts, sir.
灾害发生后,每分每秒都极其珍贵,先生
If we're waiting around for Congress--
如果还得等国会那边
Mr. Silva, this is moving forward.
希尔瓦先生,这事就这么定了
People could die, Mr. President.
平民会死伤惨重的,总统先生
People are dying because they don't have jobs.
平民要是没工作,也会活不成的
Slower than a flood or an earthquake, but dying just the same.
虽然比死于地震洪水慢,但一样是死
You can't compare unemployment to a cat four hurricane.
您怎么能拿失业和4级飓风相提并论
I came to your office
我来你办公室找你
because I want this to remain your office.
是希望你能继续坐在这个位子上
There's a reason three presidents have kept you here.
连续三任总统都让你留任不是平白无故
You're dedicated, you're relentless,
你专心致志,坚持不懈
you're exceptionally competent.
而且工作能力极为优秀
If we have to stretch dollars even further,
如果我们需要精打细算
you're the man to do it.
找你准没错
It's either you or someone far less experienced.
如果你走人了,就得找没经验的新人了
The two of you head to Iowa at the end of the week.
两位周末就要去爱荷华了
That's right. Eighteen counties this trip.
是的,这一趟要去18个县拉票
By January, I plan on hitting all 99.
希望一月之前能走遍全州99个县
John will join me at every event until his husband is released.
约翰会和我一起出席活动,直到他丈夫获释
Have you had any contact with Michael since his arrest?
自从迈克尔被捕后你和他联系过吗
The Russian government has refused.
俄罗斯政府拒绝了
They won't let him speak to a lawyer.
他们甚至不让他见律师
That's why it's important John join me.
所以约翰和我站在一起意义重大
We need to keep the pressure up on Moscow.
我们必须对莫斯科持续施压
You know, gay rights is controversial
在全国许多地方,同性恋权益
in many parts of the country.
都是极具争议性的话题
Do you think that appearing with Corrigan's husband
您不担心和科里根的丈夫站在一起
could possibly hurt you?
会对您的选情不利吗
I think the American people want a candidate who doesn't dodge,
我认为美国人民想要一位不逃避问题的候选人
who is truthful about where she stands.
会诚实表达自己的立场
Not someone who shies away from controversy.
而不是回避争议
It's one thing to shy away from controversy.
回避争论是一回事
It's another thing to court it.
引发争论是另一回事
Well, Michael was arrested for speaking his mind.
迈克尔因为直抒己见被捕
If defending free speech is controversial, then...
如果扞卫言论自由有争议,那么...
we're no better than Russia.
我们不比俄罗斯好多少
I wish that there were
我希望我们的政府里
more people in our government defending it.
有更多人去扞卫言论自由
Are you talking specifically about the Underwood Administration?
你指的是安德伍德政府吗
I think the president could do more.
我认为总统可以采取更多措施
You know, the White House has said hat they've been speaking
白宫表示他们已经直接与
directly with the Kremlin, that they, and I quote here:
克里姆林宫方面沟通,他们原话是
"Have to tackle this issue as it relates to the larger "
必须解决这一问题,因为这关系到
diplomatic relationship between the two nations."
两国之间更重要的外交关系"
Then why haven't we seen any evidence of those talks?
那我们为什么还没看到这些对话的证据呢
When I'm president, the American people can rest assured
我当选总统后,美国人民可以放心
that I will take my oath
我会认真履行
to defend and protect our citizens seriously.
扞卫和保护我们人民的誓言
What do you think of her? What, Dunbar?
你觉得她怎么样, 什么,邓巴吗
Yeah.
对
I believe that the administration could do better...
我相信这届政府能做得更好
You worked for Underwood. Not anymore.
你为安德伍德工作过, 现在不了
I won't be offended.
我不会生气的
Uh, I like a lot about what she has to say.
我很喜欢她说的这些
Would you vote for her?
你会投票给她吗
I don't know. I might.
不知道,可能吧
Yeah. Probably would.
是啊,很可能会
How soon? Tomorrow.
多快, 明天
We're gonna get hit hard on this.
我们会在这件事被强烈抨击
Better than getting hit on Corrigan.
总好过在科里根的事上被抨击
You saw Vieira?
你看《维埃拉秀》了吗
Dunbar's smart.
邓巴很聪明
She's running against us before we're even running.
她在我们参选之前就与我们作对
She'll attack us on the FEMA thing, too.
她也会在联邦应急管理局这事上攻击我们
Then let her. At least we're controlling the narrative.
那就让她攻击,至少是我们控制舆论
When we first spoke, you mentioned early fall.
我们第一次谈时,你说初秋
Look, Dunbar's got momentum because no one's challenging her.
听着,邓巴势头强盛是因为没人挑战她
But once we drop the FEMA plan,
但我们一宣布联邦应急管理局的计划
that'll take her off message.
就会盖过她的报道
And your candidacy will distract her. It's a one-two punch.
然后你宣布候选资格也会分散她注意,连环出击
We'll start bleeding away the woman's vote.
我们会开始抢走女性选民的选票
I'm just not sure how smart it is to rush into a campaign
我不确定现在几乎毫无准备
with so little preparation. This isn't a real campaign.
就宣布参选是否有利, 那又不是真的参选
But it needs to look like one.
但要看起来像真格的
I thought you wanted to be on my ticket.
我以为你想跟我一队呢
It's my reputation at stake.
我要赌上声誉
I don't want to look foolhardy. Look, no one
我不想看起来有勇无谋, 听着,没有人
Mayor's announcing in the morning.
市长明早将会宣布
Seth's working with his office.
赛斯在跟他办公室合作
You see, Jackie, this is perfect timing.
你看,杰姬,现在是最佳时机
The FEMA plan goes into action,
联邦应急管理局计划开始实施
you announce in a couple of weeks, you say you had to run.
你几周后宣布参选,说你必须参选
President Underwood is being reckless with FEMA.
安德伍德总统在联邦应急管理局恣意妄为
You come out against me
你出面反对我
and America Works and you steal Dunbar's thunder.
和美国就业法案,然后抢了邓巴的风头
And then I flip-flop
之后等到我退出
when I pull out and you put me on the ticket?
与你一同参选,不是态度大转弯吗
By then, 50,000 people will have jobs,
到那时候,五万人将拥有工作
and it won't look like a flip-flop.
那就不像是态度大转弯了
It'll look like you saw the light.
而是你豁然开朗
Now, look, why don't you go off with Remy
听着,你跟雷米一起出去
and you discuss the details,
讨论一下细节
and just give it some thought before you decide.
在你决定之前再考虑一下
Thank you, Mr. President. Let's talk in my office.
谢谢,总统先生, 来我办公室谈吧
My biggest concern is funding.
我最大的担心是资金
I couldn't fly coach to Iowa.
我总不能坐普通舱去爱荷华
I'll get you some PAC money rolling your way.
我会给你找一笔政治行动委员会资金来铺路
Should be enough to get you started.
应该足以让你启动参选了
If I run, it shouldn't be half-ass.
如果我参选,就不能虎头蛇尾
Which is why we should talk about this.
所以我们得好好谈谈这个
You want a candidate with a family.
你想要有完整家庭的候选人
We are after the woman's vote.
我们要抢的就是女性选民的选票
Alan and I have already talked about it.
艾伦和我已经讨论过了
You have?
是吗
Yeah. We joked about getting married on our first date.
对,我们第一次约会时开过结婚的玩笑
I get two kids without the stretch marks.
我不用生产就能有两个孩子
And when I mentioned I might run, it stopped becoming a joke.
当我提到可能参选时,这就不再是玩笑话了
Is Alan open to it?
艾伦能接受吗
It was his idea. And what about you?
那是他的主意, 那你呢
We do love each other.
我们深爱彼此
He seems like a good guy.
他看上去是个好人
He is. And his children are wonderful.
是的,他的孩子也很棒
You should think about getting hitched.
你也应该考虑结婚
Should we talk timeline?
我们要谈谈时间表吗
For marriage? The campaign.
结婚的吗, 竞选
This is far from an offer. This is a conversation.
这可不是提议,这是会谈
And it's a conversation that never happened.
而且是个从没发生过的会谈
I took the back door in, I'll take the back door out.
我会秘密行事,不会到处招摇
We keep you off the payroll this quarter.
本季度工资单上没有你
You start officially September 30th.
你9月30号正式任职
Next quarter's FEC filings. It's fine.
下个季度的选举委员会文件才会有我,可以
What are you thinking in terms of salary?
关于工资你有什么想法
Twenty-two thousand per quarter.
每季度两万二
That's way below what I'm worth. Even in this state.
就算我这样,也不只值这个价
What do you think's appropriate?
你觉得多少合适
Two-fifty and three points on the ad-buy.
两万五加上3%的广告投入
That's beyond our means. No, it's not.
我们负担不起, 不,你们担得起
It's a drop in the bucket from your estate.
这只是你财产的九牛一毛
You said you wanted in because you believed in this campaign.
你说你想参加是因为你对这次竞选有信心
That's right. Sounds like it's more about money.
没错, 现在看来你是为了钱
It's about being valued. Two-fifty and the points is a bargain.
我希望被重视,两万五和少量广告投入并不多
I want to work for you, just not as a beggar.
我想为你工作,而不是向你乞讨
We don't trust you yet, Doug.
我们还不信任你,道格
We don't even halfway trust you, so you are a beggar.
可以说根本不信任你,所以你就是在乞讨
And you shouldn't trust me... until I prove myself.
我还没证明自己,你也应该不信任我
That's a gamble you don't get to take
你不拿出筹码
without putting chips on the table.
就不能冒这个险
Cynthia and I will discuss.
我和会辛西娅谈的
Thank you for your time.
感谢你抽空
Let me check first.
我先看下外面
Okay, it's clear.
行,很安全
What do you think? Why take the gamble?
你怎么看, 为什么要冒险
I don't want us to start making decisions
我不想一开始决策
from a position of weakness. That is how you lose.
就处于劣势,只会过亏
I think we're inviting the fox into the hen house.
我觉得这是引狼入室
Anyone who wants to be a mole
要是间谍会
accepts the first offer without question.
毫不犹豫地接受条件
He's negotiating.
他却讨价还价
So you actually believe him?
所以你相信他了
Not necessarily.
半信半疑
But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have value.
但这不代表他没有价值
Yeah, we're not gonna need any of these.
这些我们都需要
We're gonna keep these right here.
全都放在这里
Kate Baldwin, the one and only.
凯特·鲍德温,久仰久仰
I thought I heard somebody in here.
我好像听到这里有人
Welcome to the White House. Or welcome back, I should say.
欢迎来白宫,或者应该说欢迎回白宫
It feels smaller than I remember.
这里比我记忆中小
Where do they have you sitting? Right there, second row.
他们安排你坐哪里, 这里,第二排
I would've thought you wanted first row.
我以为你会想要第一排
I heard you spit when you talk.
我听说你说话会飞吐沫
What's the president speaking about tomorrow?
明天总统会讲什么
You don't waste a minute, do you? No.
你真是不浪费一分一秒, 没错
I gotta say, I was surprised
实不相瞒,我很惊讶
that the Telegraph sent you to cover the White House.
《电讯报》会派你来采访白宫
I mean, who leaves the London bureau?
谁会离开伦敦分社呢
Ayla was a protégée of mine.
艾拉是我的爱徒
I see, so now they bring in the big guns.
明白了,他们把老师父请来了
Just one gun, but big enough.
就来了个师父,资历也够老
Don't get any ideas. About what?
别打我的主意, 打什么主意
This is gonna stay around my neck.
这个记者证我不会摘的
You can't boot two reporters in a row from the Telegraph.
你不能连续解雇两个《电讯报》的记者
Certainly not two women. I have no desire to do that.
更不能是两个女记者, 我没这个意思
It's an honor to work with you.
和你一起工作,我很荣幸
Pulitzer, Peabody.
普利策奖,皮博迪奖
Get yourself a Nobel, you'll have a trifecta.
再拿个诺贝尔奖,就是三料冠军了
Oh, you're almost charming.
你可真会说话
Kate, I'm not your enemy here.
凯特,我不是你的敌人
You punished Ayla for doing good work.
艾拉没做错,你却惩罚她
She hit hard and you hit back. Fair enough.
她发力,你反击,很公平
Well, I'm gonna hit twice as hard as she ever did
我会加倍发力
because I can and because someone should.
因为我可以,也应该这么做
I look forward to it.
放马过来吧
You're such a terrible liar. I'll see you bright and early.
你真不会说谎,我们明早见
You got a minute?
有时间吗
Sure.
有
Here's the draft for the statement tomorrow.
这是明天声明的草稿
I want it to be perfect.
想让你斧正一下
Congress will fire back, all guns blazing,
国会肯定会火力全开,回击我们
and I'm sure Dunbar will make a meal and a half out of it.
邓巴也肯定会大作文章
But I gotta say, I feel good. To be on the offensive.
但我觉得准备进攻的感觉很好
If I can't scrape the money together behind the scenes,
如果不能秘密东拼西凑出这些钱来
I'll rob the bank in broad goddamn daylight.
我就光天化日之下抢银行
We'll cram America Works down their throats and watch them choke.
我们要强行逼迫他们通过美国就业法案
Enough tiptoeing.
不再谨小慎微
Here.
给
Oh, these changes are good.
这些改动很棒
It makes me happy to see you excited.
看你这么兴奋,我也很高兴
I feel free again.
我又能松口气了
I wish I felt the same. The resolution?
真希望我也能, 还在忙提案吗
Just some last minute hand-holding, but...
还有些最后的安抚工作,但...
I think we'll get there.
我相信我们会成功的
I have complete confidence in you.
我完全相信你
Do you like this room? It's fine.
你喜欢这间房吗, 还不错
You know, I haven't spent the night here yet.
我还没在这儿过过夜呢
Maybe I could-- My plane leaves at seven.
也许我可以... 我明早七点飞机
I should probably get some sleep.
我得睡一会儿
You watch the news tomorrow. Should be fun.
明天记得看新闻,会很有意思的
I will. Good night.
我会的, 晚安
Seventeen years, I served the Metro Police.
17年,我在警局工作17年
I've seen robberies and murders.
我见过杀人抢劫
I've seen the blight of drugs.
见过毒品的瘟疫
I've seen little kids
我见过小孩子
whose only meal each day was the one they get at school.
每天只能吃到从学校领到的一顿饭
You know what's at the root of all that?
知道这种事的根源是什么吗
Folks don't have jobs!
因为人们没有工作
There are 60,000 unemployed people in Washington.
华盛顿有六万失业人口
It's a disaster.
这是场灾难
And it's a disgrace here in the nation's capital.
更丢脸的是,这是国家的首都
So this morning, at the president's urging,
所以今早,在总统的敦促下
I am declaring a state of emergency in the District of Columbia.
我宣布哥伦比亚特区进入紧急状态
And I am formally requesting three billion dollars
并正式申请从联邦应急管理局赈灾基金
from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to put people back to work.
拨款30亿,用以安排人们重回岗位
Motherfucker.
混帐东西
Anyone, and I mean anyone,
任何人,真的是任何人
who registers for work in the District of Columbia
只要在哥伦比亚特区注册求职
will be guaranteed a job.
就保证可以得到工作
I'm working with my cabinet to increase workforce
我在跟内阁努力增加
devoted to infrastructure, maintenance and repair.
基础设施建设,保养和修理方面的就业岗位
The Defense Department
国防部
will ramp up recruitment and civilian employment.
会增加探员招募和文职人员招聘
And any private sector companies who hire AmWorks registrants
任何雇佣美就法注册人员的私人企业
will get up to $45,000 toward the yearly salary
将得到每个岗位每年
of each job that they create.
四万五千美元的薪水补贴
Our goal is full employment within twelve months.
我们的目标是12个月内全员就业
Our hope is that success in Washington
我们希望华盛顿的成功
will convince Congress to fund America Works nationwide.
能说服国会在全国供资支持美国就业法案
Now, I'll take a few questions.
现在,我会回答几个问题
Mr. President!
总统先生
Madam Ambassador. A word, please.
大使夫人,借步说一句
Excuse me.
抱歉
We are withdrawing support of the peacekeeping resolution.
我们要收回对维和提案的支持
Why? Because Israel is.
为什么, 因为以色列要收回
Palestine is open to the plan, but without consensus...
巴勒斯坦愿意接受计划,但不达成共识...
This came directly from Jerusalem?
这是耶路撒冷直接表示的吗
Yes, the foreign minister. Nothing came from Eliana?
是的,外交部长, 伊莉安娜说什么了吗
No, but I came to speak to her.
没有,但我是来找她谈的
I'll speak to her myself. Thank you, Hasan.
我会亲自跟她谈,谢谢你,哈桑
Thank you, Ambassador.
谢谢你,大使
Moscow is threatening to sell arms to Iran.
莫斯科威胁说要卖武器给伊朗
They always make that threat.
他们时常这么威胁
The feeling in Jerusalem is that this resolution
耶路撒冷方面的感觉是这个提案
may push them over the edge. It's not worth the risk.
也许会逼他们铤而走险,不值得冒险
Why didn't you come to me? The vote's in two hours.
你为什么不来找我,还有两小时就要投票了
I got the call 30 minutes ago.
我30分钟前刚接到电话
Russia doesn't want to be humiliated
俄罗斯不想丢面子
because we did this without them.
因为我们绕过了他们
You know it's a bluff on their part.
你知道他们就是虚张声势
The prime minister feels that this vote is just symbolic.
总理认为这次投票只是象征性的
That the US won't actually contribute troops.
美国不会真的出动军队
No, we will absolutely follow through once it's passed.
不,一旦通过,我们绝对会坚持到底
The prime minister has his doubts.
总理有他的疑虑
I'm sorry, it's out of my hands.
抱歉,这不是我能控制的
Claire?
克莱尔
Ambassadors, I need you to withdraw the resolution.
各位大使,我需要你们撤回提案
We lost consensus.
我们不能达成共识
I need to postpone the vote until we get it back.
我需要推迟投票,到我们重新达成共识
Secretary Travers is a good example.
特拉弗斯部长是个很好的例子
Homeland Security?
国土安全部
Former secretary, I should say. He's done?
应该说是前部长, 他下台了吗
They haven't announced, but Steve called me.
还没宣布,但史蒂夫打电话给我了
Said he stood up to the president on this FEMA nonsense.
说他在联邦应急管理局的事上反对总统
Homeland Security has jurisdiction over FEMA now.
国土安全部对联邦应急管理局有管辖权
Right. The president demanded
是的,总统当场
his letter of resignation right then and there.
要求他提交辞职信
This is all off the record. Yeah.
这些都是非正式对话, 明白
Paul's got a big mouth. So it's true?
保罗真是个大嘴巴, 所以是真的吗
This is off the record? Completely.
现在是非正式对话吗, 绝对是
Let me call you on my encrypted phone.
我用加密电话给你打
My number is blocked, so--
我的号码有屏蔽,所以...
This is Homeland Security. I have your number.
这里是国土安全部,我有你电话
Incoming call. Press the pickup bu--
有电话呼入,按接听键...
Mr. Secretary. It's true. I resigned.
部长先生, 是真的,我辞职了
Why are you still in the office?
那你为什么还在办公室
Punching the clock until the White House wants to go public.
点卯撞钟等白宫公布
Why wouldn't you go public yourself,
如果你反对那项政策
if you're so against the policy?
为什么不自己公布消息
I serve at the pleasure of the president.
我是为总统服务的
I have Landry on background.
兰德里已经提供了信息
I'm writing about the resignation.
我要写关于辞职的报道
And I can't stop you. But there won't be a quote from me.
我无法阻止你,但你不能引用我的话
Don't let the administration off the hook.
别让政府逃脱责任
This an opportunity to speak out.
这是发表反对意见的机会
You don't have the career I've had
能做到我这一步
by criticizing your bosses publicly,
不是靠公开批评上司
no matter how strongly you feel.
不管你觉得自己多厉害
Talk to Arnie Silva, the FEMA Administrator.
和联邦应急管理局的局长阿尼·希尔瓦谈谈
He's more disgusted by all this than I am.
他比我更反感这一切
People's lives are in the balance. And he doesn't care.
事关人命,他却不管不顾
Our projections for the next 12 months.
这是我们接下来12个月的预测
We're in a La Ni?a phase,
我们正处于拉尼娜时期
which means falling temperatures in the Pacific.
也就是说太平洋温度下降
We expect at least two major landfalls this season.
我们预计本季节至少要发生两次大型山体滑坡
Homes destroyed, billions in damage,
家园被毁,损失上亿
tens of thousands without power.
成千上万人断电
And that's just hurricanes. If we get a major earthquake,
这还仅仅是飓风的危害,要是碰上大地震
or flood, or forest fire...
或者洪水,再或森林火灾
It's all in there.
都在这里面了
Has he asked you to resign?
他曾要求你辞职吗
He threatened it.
他威胁过我
But I said I'd cooperate.
但是我说我会配合
Why?
为什么
Nobody has more experience.
没人比我更有经验
I couldn't forgive myself if I left.
如果离开,我不会原谅自己
But you just said, if the Relief Fund is depleted, then--
但是你刚才不是说,如果救济金耗尽
People will suffer.
那人们会受难
But on my watch, fewer will suffer.
但在我的照管下,受难的人能少些
I need a quote, Mr. Silva.
我需要引用你的话,希尔瓦先生
I can't do that.
我做不到
People could die, you have a responsibility.
人们可能丧生,你有责任
The president has built a culture of silence and fear.
总统创建了一种静默与恐惧交织的氛围
That can end with you.
你可以结束它
That folder will speak louder than anything I could say.
这个文件夹比任何话语都更有说服力
Two front page bylines on the same day for Ms. Baldwin?
同一天头版两篇报道都出自鲍德温女士吗
You kicked out a pit bull and you let in a dragon.
真是踢走只斗狗,放进条火龙来
I didn't think the Telegraph would send someone like her.
我没想到《电讯报》能再派一个她这样的
Well, maybe you just didn't think.
也许你是根本没考虑
You wanted me to implement discipline, sir.
您让我管束他们,先生
To send a message. And so I did.
传递讯息,我做了
Well, they've sent back an even stronger message, haven't they?
他们的回应更强烈,是不是
I take responsibility for that, sir,
我对此负有责任,先生
and I will do my best to keep her in line.
我会不遗余力让她听话的
Your best?
不遗余力
It's their top bureau chief. She's untouchable.
她是他们的总编辑,谁也碰不了她
I don't want to pretend that I can control her 100 percent.
我不想假装我能百分之百控制她
Travers? Denied speaking with her,
特拉弗斯, 他否认曾与她谈话
but it must be him.
但是肯定是他
I don't think anybody else in the cabinet would.
我想内阁中再没别人会了
Let's confirm his resignation.
我们确认他辞职一事
No point in keeping it a secret now.
现在还保密没意义了
Tell Steve he can vacate his office.
告诉史蒂夫他可以把办公室清空了
And what about Silva?
那希尔瓦呢
The details on the disaster projections are very inside baseball.
关于防灾预测的细节相当专业
We can't fire him! If there's a hurricane,
我们不能炒了他,如果飓风来了
he's the only guy
他是唯一能
that can keep a disaster from becoming a catastrophe.
阻止灾难变成浩劫的人
And what's Dunbar saying? Nothing yet, publicly.
邓巴说什么, 还没有公开表示
She's probably letting this play out.
她可能想让好戏演到终场
Letting me dig my own grave.
让我自掘坟墓
We have to sell America Works.
我们必须推销美国就业法案
It should sell itself once we get people employed.
等人们有工作,就不需要别的吹捧了
Well, that's the idea, but we don't stop there.
是要这效果,但我们不能止步于此
Commercials and billboards? On whose money?
广告和公告牌, 用谁的钱
And even so, we need more than ad-buys.
即使这样,广告也不够
We need... We need the philosophy behind it.
我们需要...挖掘它背后的深意
We need something of substance. We need something...
我们需要实质性的东西,我们需要...
We need something that will capture the imagination.
我们需要能启发想象力的东西
Either of you play Monument Valley? What's that?
你们玩《纪念碑谷》吗, 那是什么
It's a video game. I don't play them, sir.
是一款游戏, 我不玩游戏,先生
I sold my Xbox on eBay. It was too addictive.
我在易趣上把Xbox卖了,,玩着太上瘾
No, it's not a console game.
不,不是单机游戏
You both read this
你们都好好读一读
and then tell me that you wouldn't want to play this.
然后告诉我你不想玩这个
I'd say there's nine consultants
我敢说全国只有九个顾问
in the country who truly know foreign policy.
真正懂得外交政策
Me, I'm number one.
而我,是首席
Me in a coma is number two.
失去意识的我是第二名
But that still leaves seven who are cheaper.
但是还剩下七个逊于我的呢
I value good counsel,
我重视良言
and I'm smart enough to know what I don't know.
我也有足够脑子知道自己的欠缺
What would be your assessment of us so far?
截至目前你对我们的评价如何
You're making a big stink out of this Michael Corrigan thing,
迈克尔·科里根的事你处理得一团糟
but that's just surface.
但这还只是表面上的
You have to understand why Corrigan got arrested.
你得明白科里根为何被捕
Petrov's appealing to his traditional base.
佩特罗夫想迎合传统观念人群
No. This is about the Jordan Valley.
不,这与约旦河谷有关
I don't follow.
我不太明白
Retaliation.
复仇
It goes back to the summit a couple of months ago.
这得回溯到几个月前的峰会上
Look, this... is the Jordan Valley.
这里是约旦河谷
All right, hold on, I'll make it easier.
等一下,我放到大屏幕上去
That's the Valley. Right there.
这是河谷,在这里
Occupied by Israel since 1967,
1967年以来一直归以色列
it's been a major roadblock
一直是与巴勒斯坦之间
in any peace accord with the Palestinians.
任何和平协定的拦路虎
Underwood sends peacekeeping troops, the Israelis leave,
安德伍德派了维和部队过去,以色列人走了
the Palestinians are happy. It's not that simple.
巴基斯坦人开心了, 没那么简单
Everyone gets hung up on this little patch of land ten miles by 40,
所有人都为这个小地方牵肠挂肚
but you have to look outwards,
但你得往远了看
past Jordan and Syria, past Iraq.
跨过约旦,叙利亚还有伊拉克
Here... to the Caucasus.
这里,到高加索山脉
That's Russia's sphere of influence.
这里是俄罗斯的地盘
They don't see the peacekeeping force as a Middle East issue.
他们不觉得维和部队是中东问题
They see it as strategic deployment of US troops
而是觉得这是美国军队的战略调度
less than a thousand miles from their southern border.
离他们南部边界不到一千里
So you're saying Corrigan's a pawn, a play for leverage?
你的意思是,科里根只是一枚棋子
More of a first salvo.
更像是打响的第一枪
Moscow wants to show it's serious about fighting this resolution.
莫斯科要表明对反抗提案是来真的
Now, if I had to guess,
要我猜的话
Underwood tried to bring Russia into the mix during the summit.
安德伍德在峰会时本是想拉拢俄罗斯
Get involved early on as partners.
成为合作伙伴
And when Petrov didn't play ball,
但佩特罗夫不肯合作
Underwood went on the offensive, which is a huge gamble.
安德伍德就能转守为攻,是场豪赌
Tell me how. Nobody wants UN troops there.
怎么说, 没人想让联合国军队过去
Not the Israelis, not the Palestinians,
以色列人不想,巴基斯坦人不想
not the Arabs.
阿拉伯人也不想
They're playing along because the US is pressuring them.
他们合作都是因为联合国的施压
But just one little thing needs to go wrong,
但只要有一点差错
and you've got a tinderbox where everyone's holding matches.
所有人都拿着火柴等着点你的炸药包
So why is he following this course of action at all?
那他为什么要采取这样的行动
Because he's smart.
因为他很聪明
You just said-- He's being too smart.
可你刚说, 他是聪明过头
If it pays off, hey, he wins a Nobel Prize. But...
要是这招行得通,他能拿诺贝尔奖
if it backfires, he leaves himself wide open.
但行不通的话,他毫无反击之力
And that's when you need to hit him hard.
到时你得火力全开抨击他
A disastrous foreign policy that made the world more dangerous.
让这个世界更危险的灾难性外交政策
And he had his wife with zero foreign policy experience
他让他毫无外交经验的妻子
lead the goddamn charge. I'd like to bring you aboard, Joe.
主掌大局, 我想让你加入,乔
When can you start? I believe I already did.
你什么时候能开工, 我已经开工了
I'll get the paperwork over to you later today.
今天稍后我会把文件给你拿来
Let me ask, who referred me?
我想问下,是谁推荐的我
You have quite a reputation. Yeah, for being an asshole.
你声名在外, 是啊,声名在外的混蛋
Somebody you respect must have recommended me highly.
肯定是你尊敬的人大力举荐了我
A former Underwood staffer.
安德伍德的前雇员
I never worked with any of his people.
我没跟他的人共事过
Which is one of the reasons he recommended you.
这也是他举荐你的原因之一
Touché.
有道理
What is this?
这是什么
A list of the Russian officials who will be sanctioned
如果你们卖给伊朗一丁点武器
if you sell a single truckload of arms to Iran.
就将遭制裁的俄国官员名单
I didn't even make the top ten.
我都没进前十
These sanctions can and will escalate.
制裁会进一步扩大
And then what?
然后呢
We'd build a coalition to impose their own sanctions.
我们联合起来,实现对他们的制裁
And then what?
然后呢
Alexi,
亚历克西
you know what an economic crisis that would be for Russia.
你明白这会在俄罗斯造成怎样的金融危机
Like the trade war you waged with China?
就如你们和中国打的贸易战一样吗
Except in our case, only three percent of exports go to the US.
只不过我们只有3%的出口额是给美国
And Europe needs our natural gas.
欧洲需要我们的天然气
They won't forfeit that over a few short-range missiles to Iran.
他们不会因为几个给伊朗的短程导弹放弃这些
You don't want to challenge us
你不会想在恐怖主义国家武器
on the armament of a terrorist state.
这种问题上挑战我们
We'll never be presented with that problem.
我们永远不会出现这种问题
You can't assure the Israelis you'll provide troops.
你不能向以色列人保证提供军事支援
The President doesn't have the support of either party in Congress.
国会两党都不支持总统
No troops, no Israel.
不出兵就没有以色列支持
No Israel, no consensus.
没有以色列支持就没有共识
No consensus, no resolution.
没有共识,提案就没戏
I will get this resolution passed.
我会让提案通过的
Don't underestimate my ability or desire to do so.
不要小瞧我的能力和决心
I've indulged your enthusiasm long enough.
我放任你的热情够久了
You've bit off more than you can chew, Claire.
你有点好高鹜远啊,克莱尔
Leave this to the professionals
交给专业人士来处理
and let your little resolution die a painless death.
你的小提案也能死得痛快点
The truth is, you have no business being ambassador
事实就是,你不是当大使的料
any more than I do being First Lady.
就跟我不是当第一夫人的料一样
That's a very nice dress, by the way.
裙子不错
"She stabbed the floor with a broom. "
她用扫帚捅地板
Karaoke every Wednesday.
每周三卡拉OK之夜
Some tone-deaf drunk girl mutilating Britney Spears.
有个音痴醉妞会唱毁布兰妮的歌
She knew they couldn't hear the broom in the bar below.
她知道楼下酒吧听不到楼上捅扫把的声音
But we all need a ritual, and this was hers.
但我们都需要一种形式,而这是她的
Three short thrusts, wood on wood,
捅三下,木头对木头
a hollow sound which accomplished nothing.
完全没有作用的空洞之声
David would be home soon.
戴维马上就到家了
'It's too hot,' he'd say. She opened the window.
他会说, '太热了' 她打开了窗户
The music was so loud, she couldn't ignore it."
音乐非常大声,她无法忽略"
Here.
给你
Aren't you gonna buy the new one?
你不买新的吗
I will, on my Kindle. But will you please sign this?
我会买电子书,但你能在这本上签字吗
L-E-S-L-E-Y Who should I make it out to? Lesley. L-E-S-L-E-Y.
写给谁, 莱斯莉
Scorpio totally changed my life.
《天蝎》改变了我的生活
The energy and the anger... It's my favorite book of yours.
那种力量,愤怒,是你的书里我最喜欢的
Probably my favorite book, period.
应该是我最爱的书
Make sure you read the new one. Yes.
一定要读新的, 好的
Who should I make it out to?
要写给谁呢
It's a perversion of the Stafford Act and you know it.
这是对《斯塔福法案》的曲解,你心里清楚
It's a reading of the Stafford Act. We read it differently.
这对《斯塔福法案》的解读,我们的解读不同
You can't just raid funds
你不能占用
that Congress appropriated for a specific use,
国会调拨用于特定用途的资金
then use them however you want. Clearly, I can.
任意按你的想法使用, 显然我可以
This is a direct challenge to Congress, Mr. President.
这是在直接挑衅国会,总统先生
Bob and I have agreed.
鲍勃和我已经同意
Both parties will fight you on this.
两党都会在这个问题上反对你
Well, at least I'm cultivating bipartisanship.
那至少我促进了两党合作
Gentlemen, I don't want to do this,
先生们,我不想这样做
but what choice have you left me?
但你们给我留了什么选择余地吗
Our branch is here to check yours.
我们立法部门就是要审核你的行政部门
If we didn't feel America Works warranted taxpayer money,
如果我们认为美国就业法案不配使用纳税人的钱
then it's not fit to be law. Now, look.
那就不能立法, 听我说
This is the first time that the leaders of both parties
这是两党领导人第一次一起
have met with me in one room,
跟我同处一室会面
and not because I didn't invite you, because you declined.
而不是因为我没邀请过你们,而是你们拒绝了
So, now that we're here, let's make the most of it.
既然我们都在这里,那就充分利用这次机会
I'm willing to walk back on FEMA
我愿意在联邦应急管理局方面退让
if we can discuss putting AmWorks on the floor.
如果我们能对美就法进行投票
You bullied us on the Education Bill.
你们在教育法案上威逼过我们
And the government freeze.
还有政府停摆
It's not gonna work this time.
这次不会成功的
You watch it work and then tell me it didn't.
你看着它成功了,却告诉我没有
We're drafting a law, saying this use of the DRF is illegal.
我们要起草法律,说这样使用资金是违法的
And who's going to enforce that law?
谁来执行这项法律
We were ready to impeach one president.
我们曾准备弹劾一位总统
We'll do the same with you if necessary.
如果有必要,也会对你采取相同措施
And put Donald Blythe in this office?
然后让唐纳德·布莱斯坐进这间办公室吗
You know he's not up for the job.
你们也知道他干不了这份工作
Congress would get killed for malpractice.
国会会因为失职而被抨击
As crooked as you may think I am,
不管你们认为我有多狡诈
you know I can handle the pressure, and you know Donald can't.
你知道我可以顶住压力,而唐纳德不行
So pass your law, I'll veto it.
你们通过法律,我也会否决的
And when you overrule me in the Senate,
等你们在参议院否决我
we'll let the third branch decide.
我们就让第三方来决定
Don't declare war on Congress, Mr. President.
别向国会宣战,总统先生
Not on Congress. I'm declaring war on atrophy.
不是向国会宣战,我是向衰退宣战
But these days, who could tell the difference?
但现在谁又能看出区别呢
So how about this?
不如这样
I'll order a pizza.
我叫份披萨
When it gets here, I bring it into this room...
到了之后,我拿进这个房间
with a paper towel draped over my arm.
我手臂上披一条纸巾
Voilà. Just like... room service.
来了,就像客房服务
You don't let your kids eat pizza.
你不让你孩子吃披萨
Well, because I've seen what it does to a carotid artery.
因为我已经看过了那对颈动脉的危害
And you're not my kids.
而你又不是我的孩子
Do you think they like me?
你觉得他们喜欢我吗
They adore you.
他们崇拜你
Matt asked if you could teach him how to drive.
马特问你能不能教他开车
Really? Yeah.
真的吗, 当然
He says you'd be less judgmental.
他说你不会那么苛刻
Do you want to get married?
你想结婚吗
To you, or in general?
跟你还是笼统来说
I'm serious.
我是认真的
So where'd this come from?
从哪冒出的想法
We've talked about it.
我们都谈过了
We say "I love you."
我们说"我爱你"
I want a husband. You want a wife.
我想要个丈夫,你想要个妻子
This works, the two of us, don't you think?
这样行得通,我们俩,你不觉得吗
It's very romantic. Aren't we past romance?
非常浪漫, 我们不是浪漫过了吗
I bought you a ring.
我给你卖了个戒指
Why didn't you say anything?
你为什么都没说
It's the element of surprise.
不然怎么是惊喜
That's kind of the point, isn't it?
不就是要有惊喜吗
It's in my glove compartment. I can go get it if you want.
在我的储物箱里,你想要的话我去拿
No, I want you to order the pizza.
不,我要你定披萨
We can do the whole ring thing tomorrow.
明天再弄戒指的事
When did you get in?
你什么时候回来的
Couple of hours ago. Well, come and sit down.
几小时前, 过来坐吧
I feel like I haven't seen you for what, has it been three days?
我觉得我好像有三天没见到你了
Four, I think.
我想是四天
It's just all been a big blur.
都记不清了
Same in New York.
我在纽约也一样
Any luck?
有好消息吗
They're like a broken record, Francis.
他们跟复读机似的,弗兰西斯
Do I need to call the prime minister?
需要我给总理打电话吗
Oh, I think it's gonna take more than a phone call.
一通电话可能解决不了
Tell me. That's not why I'm here, actually.
说说吧, 其实我不是为这个来的
Hang on, hang on.
等等,等等
So much has been going on in the past few months,
过去几个月发生的事太多
we hardly have time to talk.
咱俩都没时间聊聊了
Here, use this.
用这个
I feel bad about the other night
那晚你要睡我的床
when you wanted to sleep in my bed.
我不该赶你走
Oh, that. You shouldn't.
不用自责
I just
我就是
I don't know why I started sleeping in there.
我也不知道为什么在那边睡了
Well, if I remember correctly, you had a cold.
没记错的话是你感冒了
But why I stayed.
但为什么没回去
You don't have to explain.
你不用解释
I want you to know that I love you.
我想说我爱你
It has nothing to do with that.
不是因为这个
I love you... as much as ever.
我像以前一样爱你
Not another word.
不用说了
Let's finish talking about Israel in the morning.
明早继续谈以色列的事吧
You said more than a phone call?
你说一通电话解决不了
They need it in stone, Francis, that we'll contribute troops.
他们需要承诺,弗兰西斯,真的出兵
An executive order. Congress won't be happy.
行政命令, 国会肯定不乐意
Well, they're already not happy.
反正已经不开心了
I spat in one eye, I might as well spit in the other.
恶心了他们一次,就不在乎第二次了
Consider it done.
没问题
Thank you. Thank you for your support.
谢谢,谢谢你的支持
Thank you so much. Thank you.
非常感谢,谢谢
Thank you. Oh, sure.
谢谢,可以啊
Did you get it?
拍到了吗
Thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢,非常感谢
Thank you. Thank you for your support.
谢谢,谢谢你的支持
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,先生
I liked your speech, Ms. Dunbar.
我喜欢你的演讲,邓巴女士
And I've heard more than a few.
我听过的演讲可多了
I appreciate you saying that, sir.
非常感谢,先生
I know Iowans aren't easily impressed.
我知道爱荷华州人不容易取悦
What you said about integrity?
你之前怎么说正直来着
Well, if you can bring that to Washington, I'll caucus for you.
你要是保证做位正直的总统,我就帮你拉票
One supporter at a time. That's how we'll win this.
一次争取一票,选举就得这样
And that young man? I feel for him. He's an inspiring individual.
那个小伙子,我替他难过,挺鼓舞人心的
John, there's someone I want you to meet.
约翰,来见见这位先生
Your name, sir? Clive Reynolds.
您叫什么, 克莱夫·雷诺兹
Mr. Reynolds, nice to meet you. I'm praying for your husband.
雷诺兹先生,幸会, 我在为你丈夫祈祷
It's awful he's still stuck there. Stamper's in the cafeteria.
他还在俄罗斯真是可惜, 斯坦普在餐厅
Thank you, Mr. Reynolds. Thank you.
谢谢,雷诺兹先生,谢谢
Thank you for your support. Thank you for coming out.
谢谢你们的支持,谢谢你们前来
You could've just called.
打个电话就好了
I hate July Fourth in DC.
我讨厌在华盛顿过国庆
Plus, I wanted to see you in action.
还想看看你怎么拉选票
What'd you think?
怎么样
I need her to leave.
她得离开
I'll meet you at the car.
车上见
Heather-- Cynthia.
希瑟, 辛西娅
Read that.
看看吧
Mrs. Underwood asked me to destroy it.
安德伍德夫人要我毁掉
I didn't. You should have.
我没照做, 应该毁掉的
She lied on national television.
她在全国电视上说谎了
I am not running that sort of campaign.
我不会用这种手段竞选的
But it's good to know it's available.
至少你知道手里有招了
I would never do that to another woman,
我绝不会那么对一个女人
and neither would Cynthia.
辛西娅也不会
Cynthia was a good choice for your manager.
选辛西娅做竞选经理挺不错
She'll run a top-notch operation.
她肯定能经营好团队
But you need someone who's willing to do the things
但你需要有人做一些
that people like her won't do.
她下不去手的事
When you asked me for a job,
你要我聘用你的时候
you said you wanted to turn over a new leaf.
你说你想翻开新的一页
I have a certain skill set, Ms. Dunbar.
我的技能很单一,邓巴女士
For me, turning over a new leaf
对我来说,翻开新的一页
is using my skills for the right reasons.
就是为好事业使用我的技能
Like putting you in office.
比如帮你当选
One-fifty. One point on the ad-buy.
15万,广告投入的1%
No points.
广告投入不行
But I'll do a hundred thousand win bonus
但帮我赢得提名权
if we get the nomination.
给你十万奖金
I hope I came over here for some good news.
希望你是说好消息的
I'm in. You can tell the president.
我加入,告诉总统吧
August 19th.
8月19号
We wanted you to announce a lot earlier than that.
我们要求的宣布时间比那早很多
No, not the announcement. This.
不,不是宣布,是这个
Cardiology's good money.
心脏病医生挺阔啊
Aren't you gonna say congrats?
你不恭喜一下吗
I've never seen you be this girly.
从没见你这么少女心
It's a fucking diamond. I'm allowed to be a little girly.
这他妈是钻戒啊,少女一下怎么了
Congratulations. I'm happy for you both.
恭喜,我为你们俩高兴
Are you?
真的吗
Sorry. That wasn't fair.
抱歉,我不该那么说
Maybe we should talk about dates for announcing the campaign.
也许我们该谈谈宣布竞选的时间
Yeah, I have a few ideas. Let me pull up my calendar.
对,我想到几个时间,让我看下日程表
Week after next seems to be the best option.
看来下下周最合适
You have plans tonight?
你今晚有约吗
For the fireworks?
去看烟火
Alan and I are taking his kids.
艾伦和我准备带他的孩子们一起去
Right. Makes sense.
好吧,也对
You were saying, about a week after next?
你刚才说下下周吗
The Ambassador's inside. You want me to go in there?
大使在里面, 你想让我进去吗
She's just putting on makeup.
她只是在化妆
I can wait until she comes out.
我可以等她出来
She's going straight to her plane. If you don't mind.
她会直接去机场,如果您不介意的话
Alexi.
亚历克西
The day got away from me, so I have to head down to DC
今天过得太快,得马上去华盛顿
for the July Fourth celebration.
参加国庆庆祝活动
You may consider me an Ambassador from the men's room.
你可以当我是男卫生间的大使
Don't make me laugh. I'll have to start over.
别逗我笑,否则我就得重化
Good? Quite.
怎么样, 很美
Alexi, I think we've gotten off on the wrong foot.
亚历克西,我们之前一直互有敌意
We need to find a better way to work together.
我们得找到个更好的合作方法
You're letting go of the resolution?
你要撤回提案吗
Eyes? Perfect.
眼妆呢, 堪称完美
It's always nice to have a man's opinion.
能听到男人的想法总是好事
You were right, by the way.
顺便说下,你是对的
Israel won't back us unless we commit troops.
只有我们派兵,以色列才会支持我们
You called my bluff, Alexi,
你识破了我的虚张声势,亚历克西
and I shouldn't have insulted you with one in the first place.
而我就不该如此,这是侮辱你
I'll be outside when you finish.
我去外面等你了
The President signed an Executive Order this morning.
总统今早签署了一份行政命令
Five thousand US military reassigned
五千名美国士兵被派往
to permanent standby for UN Peacekeeping operations.
长久待命支援联合国维和行动
Jerusalem has been informed.
耶路撒冷已知晓此事
Your husband doesn't have that kind of authority.
你丈夫并没有这种权利
It's occupied territory. He's not deploying on sovereign land.
那是占领区,他并未向他国领土派兵
So, as Commander in Chief,
作为三军统帅
he doesn't need Congressional approval.
他不需要得到国会批准
Israel's back on board again, Alexi,
以色列又与我们同一阵线了,亚历克西
so the moment you sell arms to Iran,
只要你们向伊朗出售军火
we will shoot the planes out of the sky, the trucks off the road,
我们会击落运输机,击翻货运卡车
and the ships out of the water.
击沉所有货船
Now... maybe you'd be able to afford sanctions...
也许你们不怕遭到制裁
but you sure as hell can't afford a war.
但你们绝不敢挑起战争
Come back to the table. Engage us in good faith.
重新回到谈判桌上来,与我们真诚谈判
Or the resolution goes to a vote next week.
否则下周提案就将进入表决环节
I have always been willing to talk.
我一直很愿意与你磋商
Not you and I. President to president.
我不是说你与我,是总统间的对话
Oh, and we need Michael Corrigan released, also.
我们还需要你们释放迈克尔·科里根
I'll communicate your message to Moscow.
我会将你的讯息传达给莫斯科
Please. Hand me a towel, would you?
麻烦了,能给我递张纸巾吗
What a gentleman.
真有绅士风度
You ever been to the White House before?
你以前来过白宫吗
When I won the National Book Award.
当我得国家图书奖的时候
Nancy was a fan. I'm surprised.
南茜是书迷, 真是出乎我意料
That story doesn't exactly revere family values.
那个故事可跟家庭价值没什么关系
She's got the astrologer in her.
她流着占星家的血
I think she liked the title more than anything.
我觉得她最爱的就是标题
Scorpio was a very good book.
《天蝎》这书很不错
Still pays the rent. Have a seat.
够糊口而已, 请坐
Why am I here, Mr. President?
为什么让我来,总统先生
Remy briefed you.
雷米跟你解释过
He said you needed a book. He didn't say about what.
他说你需要本书,但没说题材是什么
America Works.
关于美国就业法案
Not just the policy, but the origins.
并不只关于政策,还有它的起源
How a boy grew up in a dirt-poor shithole
一位出身贫寒的少年
and climbed his way out through hard work.
是如何努力工作攀上人生巅峰
A story of dignity. The pride that comes with one's labor.
一个关于尊严的故事,为努力工作而自豪
Propaganda. You could call it that.
政治宣传, 也可以这么说
This sort of thing... it's not in my wheelhouse.
这种文章,我并不擅长
You need a salesman, not a novelist.
您需要推销员,而非小说家
"Whoever you are, whoever you think you are, "
不论你是谁,不论你以为自己是谁
believe that you're also a silent princess.
想象你是位沉默的公主
Your name is Ida.
名叫艾达
Your journey is one through a forgotten landscape
你的旅程将发生在一个被人遗忘的世界
of twisting staircases and morphing castles,
那里满布着扭曲的阶梯和变形的城堡
atop floating stones defiantly crossing an angry sea,
你将踩着浮石去征服怒海狂涛
within dimly-lit caverns cobwebbed with ruins
在昏暗的灯光下探索废墟遍地的洞穴
M.C. Escher could only grasp at in a dream state."
莫里兹·艾雪在梦中才能窥见这样的世界"
You read my video game reviews?
您读过我写的游戏评测
I tend to play shoot-'em-ups.
我经常玩清版射击游戏
The indie games don't really interest me.
对独立游戏并不感兴趣
I need adrenaline and action.
我需要刺激与战斗
But when I read this, I had to try it.
但当我读了这个,我一定要玩玩看
If you can convince me to
如果你能仅通过一百字
be a silent princess with just a hundred words,
说服我做一位沉默的公主
imagine how many millions you can convince with this book.
想想看你这本书将能说服几百万人
You are a salesman, Thomas.
你就是推销员,托马斯
I wasn't trying to sell anything. Just describe my experience.
我也没想推销什么,就是讲下我的感受
That's exactly what I want you to do with my story.
我也要你这么对待我的故事
No sales pitch, just your honest curiosity.
不要粉饰,讲一下你的好奇就好
Besides, these kinds of books are always so boring, so safe.
再说,这种书都很无聊,太保守
I want something different, something... unique.
我想要点不同的,独特的
Your voice.
用你的文笔
I don't even know if I believe in your program.
我都不知道自己相不相信你的计划
Come with me. I want to show you something.
跟我来,给你看点东西
You build it and they come.
种了树,大家自然会来乘凉
Today, the Washington Mall is the real Field of Dreams.
今天的国家广场是梦想之地
Three thousand people have registered
今早开门之后
since we set up shop this morning.
来了三千人注册
Now that's what I call a Fourth of July party!
这才叫国庆节聚会
And we're gonna keep the party going 'round the clock, 24/7,
这个聚会会不眠不休,一直办下去
till everyone in DC who wants a job
直到首都每个想求职的人
can make their way down here and sign up.
都来这里注册过
Have a look.
看看吧
Do you see that line of people? The AmWorks tent.
看到那队伍了吗, 美就法的帐篷
It stretches from there all the way to the Lincoln Memorial.
从那儿一直延伸到林肯纪念碑
They started lining up before sunrise.
天还没亮就开始排队了
It's really something.
真了不起
Thomas, at best, I'm going to be a footnote in history
托马斯,帮不到他们,我最好也就做个
if I can't help those people. At worst, I'll be a joke.
历史的脚注,搞不好还会成笑柄
I am those people.
我跟他们一样
I want you to tell that story.
我希望你把这个写下来
What do you say?
怎么样
I don't know. What's your gut say?
不知道, 你的直觉呢
That you don't add up, and I'm intrigued.
你的话好像不太对劲,但我很感兴趣
But not sold. Not yet.
但还没说服你, 还没
Well, I'll pay you well, and at the very least,
钱是肯定不会少了你的
this sort of access is worth its weight in gold, isn't it?
这种活儿一向能捞一笔
Sir, the First Lady's back.
先生,第一夫人回来了
I have to go give my Fourth of July speech before the fireworks.
我得在放焰火之前致辞
How quickly would you need the book? By January.
您要多久写完, 一月之前
I've never written anything in less than a year.
我写东西一向要一年多
Well, you don't strike me
我看你的样子
as someone who shies away from a challenge.
不像见了挑战就退缩的
I'd need to be able to write it the way I want to write it.
我得按我自己的方式写
Absolutely. Look, take your time. Enjoy the view.
没问题,多待一会儿,看看风景
Meechum will show you out when you're done.
看完了密查姆会送你出去的
And I promise, if you say yes, you won't regret it.
我保证,你答应了绝不会后悔
No writer worth his salt can resist a good story,
有水平的作家都不会拒绝好故事的
just as no politician can resist making promises he can't keep.
就像政客总忍不住乱许诺言一样
Viktor, we'd be honored to accept the invitation.
维克多,能邀请我们万分荣幸
Yes, I agree, there's much to discuss.
是的, 要谈的事太多了
I'll have my office reach out to the Kremlin.
我会叫我的办公室联系克里姆林宫的
We'll find dates that work for both of us.
安排一个都方便的日期
Thank you.
谢谢
Well, you should get some sleep. It's late over there.
你该睡了吧,那边都好晚了
Good night.
晚安
Hold off on the vote?
还不肯说投票的事
Until we sit down. But we keep it in our back pocket.
等谈了再说,不过可以算到手了
Michael Corrigan?
迈克尔·科里根呢
They're going to release him when we visit.
等到访的时候释放他
You made a miracle happen.
你造就了奇迹
We did.
是我们
...each unique citizen contributes to our future.
每一位独一无二的公民都影响着未来
Can you turn that up?
能大点声吗
Our forefathers, when they declared independence,
我们的先辈宣布独立时
understood the power of the individual,
就理解个体的力量
the value of self-determination.
自主的价值
They freed us from tyranny.
他们把我们从暴政中解放出来
They proved... He is a tyrant.
他们证明了... 他就是暴君
I don't know, there's a lot of people out there.
谁知道,那里那么多人
He might be onto something.
他也许做对了
Executive Order for UN troops? He's out of control.
下令调派联合国驻军吗,他疯了吧
At least he's doing something. Walker didn't do shit.
至少他还有行动,沃克什么都没干
I think we replaced a dud with an atom bomb.
我们弹劾了个哑炮,换了个原子弹
They had to fight to secure their freedom.
他们的自由是抗争得来的
And now we have to fight to maintain it.
我们也要通过抗争保住自由
The freedom to work.
工作的自由
The freedom to live with dignity.
体面地活着的自由
The freedom to hope.
希望的自由
Thank you, and God bless the United States of America.
谢谢你们,天佑美国,