More water, ma'am?
再来点水吗,夫人
Yes, please.
好的
How much longer, Ben?
还要多久能到,本
Estimated four hours and 16 minutes.
预计还有4小时16分钟
Some breakfast, maybe? The usual?
来点早餐吗,跟往常一样
That would be wonderful. Thank you.
那太好了,谢谢你
Only about an hour until sunrise.
还有一小时就日出了
Last chance for those Northern Lights.
看北极光的最后机会了
I could tell you about
我可以跟你讲
working at a movie theater, some paper route.
在电影院工作,送报纸什么的
Riding my bicycle five miles
蹬着自行车骑五里路
to deliver seven papers for ten dollars a month, but...
为了一个月十美金,给七家送报纸
the truth is, I didn't have a bicycle,
但事实是,我没有自行车
and I spent more time sneaking into the movie theater
比起检票我更多时间是花在
than tearing tickets.
溜进放映厅看电影
So what was it, then?
那究竟是什么
My first job? Oh, that can't go in the book.
我的第一份工作吗,那不能写进书里
Why not?
为什么不行
I worked for a man who grew cannabis in the back woods.
我给一个在林子里种印度大麻的人打工
A weed dealer?
大麻贩子吗
No, a farmer. Uncle Henry.
不是,种地的,亨利叔叔
He wasn't my uncle, but that's just what everybody called him.
不是我亲叔叔,只是所有人都这么叫他
What did you do for Uncle Henry?
那你替亨利叔叔做什么
I packaged the product.
我装货
For some reason, he trusted me with the scales.
不知怎么他信任我做称重
And did you... partake of the product?
那你,有没有揩油
No. Good old Uncle Henry,
没有,老好人亨利叔叔
he fertilized his crop from his own septic tank.
他用自己的化粪池给作物施肥
But it was a good job, though. I saved up a lot of money.
但工作不错,我攒了不少钱
It's how I bought all my books
我在桑蒂诺四年的书费
my entire four years at The Sentinel.
就是这么攒下来的
Tell me about The Sentinel.
跟我讲讲桑蒂诺
What was your first job?
你的第一份工作是什么
No, no. Book's not about me.
别岔开话题,这书不是讲我的
The hustler in Scorpio.
《天蝎》里的男妓
That was you, wasn't it?
那是你吧
What makes you think that?
为什么这么觉得
Don't writers write what they know?
作家不是都写自己熟悉的事吗
The hustler's based on a friend of mine.
男妓的原型是我的一个朋友
I didn't turn tricks.
我不接客
I just... waited in the hotel lobbies
只是在酒店大堂等着
in case he got into trouble.
以防他惹上麻烦
Tough life for a teenager.
挺艰苦的少年生活啊
Better than digging around in dumpsters.
总比露宿街头好
What happened to him? Your friend?
他后来怎么样了,你的朋友
He died.
他死了
Was it AIDS, like in the book?
跟书里一样死于艾滋吗
Suicide.
自杀
Why didn't you write it that way?
书里怎么不这么写
Because it was fiction.
因为那是小说
Because... suicide is too selfish.
因为自杀太自私
Let's talk later.
稍后再聊
I have a few things I gotta run over with Claire.
我有些事得跟克莱尔谈谈
Sure.
好的
It's a tight schedule,
安排很紧
so we may not be able to speak until the flight back.
可能在回程之前都说不上话了
No worries. First time in Moscow.
没事,第一次去莫斯科
I've got a date with Gorky Park and Swan Lake.
我还想去高尔基公园和天鹅湖呢
How's it going?
进展如何
Cathy emailed me the statement.
凯茜把声明发邮件给我了
We got the Kremlin to tone down the language.
我们让克林姆林宫缓和了措辞
Do you think Corrigan will say it?
你觉得科里根会说吗
I'm sure he'll hate every word, but if it means coming home...
他肯定会恨里面每一个字,但如果能回家
The only reason that Petrov is considering this is
佩特罗夫肯考虑这事的唯一原因
because we have leverage in the UN.
就是我们在联合国有筹码
You're both confident that this is rock solid?
你们都确定这事没问题吗
If Petrov doesn't cooperate, the Secretary-General
要是佩特罗夫不配合,等我们一到美国
will call an emergency session the moment we land in the States.
联合国秘书长就会立即召开紧急会议
Let's hope we don't have to play that card.
但愿不用走这条路
Just don't give too much away.
但不要让步太多
Oh, listen, he's been marginalized in the Security Council,
他这段时间在安理会受到排挤
he's detaining an American citizen,
他扣押了一名美国公民
he wants to wash his hands of.
他也想洗白
I think we'll find that we're dealing with a much more reasonable man
我相信我们这回能遇到一个比之前来访华盛顿
than the one that visited Washington.
更通情达理的总统
We fly back with a peacekeeping deal and Corrigan.
我们会带着维和协议和科里根一起回来
Lemons to lemonade.
把困境变成美事
I think we should give Corrigan our suite on the way back,
回程的时候把我们的套间给科里根住吧
give him some privacy from the press.
别让媒体去打扰他
Yeah, that's a good idea.
可以,好主意
Have you slept at all? No.
你有睡过吗, 没有
Eaten anything? Not yet.
吃过了吗, 还没
Here.
给
Come see this.
看这个
Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
是不是这世上最摄人心魄的风景
Earth to Max.
别发呆了,麦克斯
You seem distracted.
你好像有点心不在焉
Yeah, maybe a little.
是啊,可能有点
Is it Kara?
是因为凯拉吗
Kara? What?
凯拉,什么啊
You should ask her out. I know she'd say yes.
你应该约她出去,她会答应的
It'd be good for you. Meet new people.
这对你有好处,结识新的人
I can't. I don't trust myself yet.
我不能,我还不信任自己
What do you mean?
这是什么意思
Hey, Max.
麦克斯
Tell me.
说吧
You promise you won't judge?
你保证不会看扁我
I won't, I promise.
我不会的,我保证
Well, after she left,
她离开我之后
there were a lot of nights of drugs and women.
有很长一段时间我沉迷于毒品和性
And some of the women, I don't even remember.
有些女人我根本都不记得
And Kara's a nice girl, so...
而凯拉是个好女孩,所以
But you're not that person anymore.
但你已经洗心革面了
There were some dangerous situations.
之前有几次挺危险的
It was all really fucked up
情况很糟糕
and I wasn't always safe.
而且我没每次都采取保护措施
Well, have you gotten tested?
你去检查过吗
No.
没
Well, then you need to be tested.
那你得去检查下
I know, but it scares the shit out of me.
我知道,但我不敢去
Well, sure. Do you want me to go with you?
是啊,你想让我陪你去吗
No, I don't.
不,不用
There's a free clinic in Towson.
陶森市有家免费诊所
Plenty of my friends go there.
我好多朋友都去那儿看病
You just walk in... I get it! I get it.
你就直接过去, 知道了,知道了
I could go with you tomorrow if you want me to.
我明天可以陪你一起去,如果你想的话
I don't need a mother.
我不需要你教我怎么做
Hey, I'm not trying to mother you.
我不是在对你说教
I just-I care about you and I want you to be safe.
我只是,我关心你,希望你平安
Just
你就
Max.
麦克斯
Max!
麦克斯
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Thank you for releasing Mr. Corrigan.
谢谢你释放科里根先生
It means a great deal to us.
这对我们意义重大
And I'm sure a great deal to his loved ones.
对他的爱人肯定也意义重大
We all want the same things. This is just a first step.
我们拥有相同的诉求,这只是个开始
Mr. Litsky, my Chief of Staff, will escort you to the facilities.
我的幕僚长利特斯基先生会护送你去监狱
Shall we? Mr. President.
请吧, 总统先生请
Thank you. After you.
谢谢, 你先请
So... we start over.
那我们重新开始
As though we meet for the first time.
就好像这是我们第一次见面
Please.
请坐
Promise him a prison. A prison?
保证他会建一座监狱,监狱
A brand new federal corrections facility.
一座新的联邦监狱
Why would his constituents want convicts in their backyard?
他的选民为什么会希望选区里住进罪犯
They don't.
他们不希望
They do want jobs in their backyard.
但他们希望选区里有更多工作
He's been trying to get federal funding for years.
多年来他一直在争取联邦政府的拨款
Birch has fought him on it.
博奇一直否决他的申请
Tell him you'll get Birch to come around.
告诉他你能让博奇回心转意
If that doesn't work,
如果这说服不了他
hint there might be a place for him as Transportation Secretary.
暗示说有可能任命他为交通部长
He's owned by the auto industry.
他是汽车产业的代言人
His stance on carbon emissions is deplorable.
他在二氧化碳排放问题上的立场简直气人
Then balance him out with whoever you have running the EPA.
那就用环保署署长的人选来制衡他
I am not ready to make cabinet commitments this early on.
现在就定下内阁人选我觉得为时过早
It's not a commitment. You're just open to considering him.
这不是定下人选,你只是愿意考虑他
Doug? We should get started.
道格,得开始了
Use the auto industry to your advantage.
把汽车产业转化为你的优势
Whoever Winkowski supports,
不论温考斯基支持谁
every superdelegate backed by Ford and Chrysler follows.
福特和克莱斯勒的所有超级代表都会跟随他
And if that doesn't work,
如果这还没用
tell him you're considering Dick Butler for Transportation.
告诉他你交通部长的候选人里有迪克·巴特勒
He hates Butler.
他讨厌巴特勒
I gotta go. Let me know what he says.
我得挂了,告诉我他的答复
You're here to work on your body, not work on your work.
你来是为了锻炼身体,而不是工作
When the boss calls...
上司打来的
Well, while you're on my turf, I'm the boss.
你现在由我负责,我说了算
Let's get in there and lie down on the mat.
快进去躺到垫子上
Yes, ma'am.
是,女士
Michael. Mrs. Underwood.
迈克尔, 安德伍德夫人
Claire.
叫我克莱尔就好
You've been treated well?
他们对你好吗
Very well, as you can see.
很好,如您所见
Thank you, Mr. Litsky,
谢谢,利特斯基先生
but I'd like to hear it from Mr. Corrigan.
但我想听科里根先生自己说
Yes, they've treated me well.
是的,他们对我很好
You've seen a doctor? I have. Yesterday.
你看过医生吗, 昨天看过
You look thin. I've always been thin.
你看起来很瘦, 我一直很瘦
The president asked me to see you in person
总统让我亲自过来
to share the good news.
告诉你这个好消息
The terms of your release have been finalized.
你的释放条款已经敲定了
We'll be bringing you home with us tomorrow.
我们明天就带你回家
I thought you'd be pleased.
我以为你会高兴
What are the terms?
条款是什么
There will be a joint press conference.
我们会举行联合新闻发布会
With Petrov? Yes, both presidents.
跟佩特罗夫吗, 是的,两位总统一起
The agreement asks that you make a brief statement.
协议要求你做一个简短声明
I'm sorry, um, the type is too small and I don't have glasses.
抱歉,字太小,我也没戴眼镜
We offered glasses to Mr. Corrigan-- They did.
我们为科里根先生提供了眼镜, 是的
Mine broke during the arrest.
我的在被拘捕时弄坏了
The other inmates don't get glasses.
其他犯人没有眼镜
I didn't want special treatment.
我不想受特殊待遇
We provide glasses to anyone who needs them, Russian or American.
我们为所有需要的人提供眼镜,不论国际
That is a lie.
这是个谎言
I will read it.
我读给你听
It says, "I, Michael Corrigan,
上面写着, "我,迈克尔·科里根
apologize to the citizens of the Russian Federation
就违反俄罗斯联邦法律
for breaking your laws.
向俄国公民道歉
I regret my part in exposing minors
我不该向未成年人
to nontraditional sexual attitudes.
宣扬非传统性取向
I am grateful to President Petrov
我很感谢佩特罗夫总统
for the clemency my release demonstrates,
宽容地释放了我
and for allowing me to return to the United States."
并允许我回到美国"
Who wrote it?
谁写的
It's the result of extended negotiations
这是国务院
between representatives of the State Department
与俄罗斯外交部之间
and the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
深入谈判后的结果
I'm sorry, I can't say it.
抱歉,我不能做这个声明
I know it's far from ideal, Michael.
我知道情况很不理想,迈克尔
There is no ideal. Other than repealing the law.
除非废除法律,不然不可能理想
May we have a moment?
能让我们单独待会儿吗
President Petrov asked me to remain with you.
佩特罗夫总统让我陪着您
And I'm asking you to give us a moment.
我请你让我们单独待一会儿
Mr. Litsky? I'm assuming this cell is bugged?
利特斯基先生,这间牢房被监听了吧
I know nothing about the facilities.
我对这里并不了解
Where is it? Mrs. Underwood.
在哪里, 安德伍德夫人
If Mr. Corrigan and I are to speak privately,
科里根先生和我要想真正地单独谈话
I would like to be assured that it is truly private.
我需要保证对话的私密性
Show me where the bug is.
告诉我监听设备在哪里
Подойти.
进来
ГоспожаАндервудпросилаубратьмикрофон.
安德伍德夫人要求拆掉监听器
Прямосейчас,еслиможно.
如果可以的话,这就拆
Thank you.
谢谢
They're not going to repeal the law.
他们不可能废除法律
The statement is a prerequisite for your release.
你必须发表声明才能被释放
There are no negotiations here, Michael.
没有商量的余地了,迈克尔
That part already happened.
谈判已经结束了
What about the 27 others?
其他27个人呢
They're not American.
他们不是美国人
Well, if they're not gonna be released, neither should I.
如果不释放他们,我也不该被释放
There's nothing we can do for them.
对于他们我们无能为力
You're the First Lady, and the ambassador to the United Nations.
你是第一夫人,还是美国驻联合国大使
And you're telling me there's nothing you can do?
你却告诉我你无能为力
I refuse to believe that.
我不相信
Michael, it was hard enough to negotiate just for your release.
迈克尔,争取到你的释放就已经很艰难了
You'll have to drag me out of here
恐怕你得把我拖出去了
because I'm not giving that statement.
因为我不会做那个声明
It's just words.
这只是几句话
Words you can disown the moment you're back on US soil.
等一回到美国本土,你就可以否认这些话
Petrov's gay propaganda law?
佩特罗夫的反同法
That's just words, too.
那也只是言语
So, command and control rotation.
指挥与控制权的轮换
Semi-annually, after the first year.
第一年之后每半年一次
We pushed for immediate rotation,
我们希望能立即轮换
but the Israelis have-- No, of course.
可是以色列人... 当然
We need to earn their trust.
我们需要赢得他们的信任
But we would never make any major decisions
但是,做出任何重大决定之前
without consulting your generals first.
我们都会先跟你的上将商量
As long as there is transparency and communication.
只要能保证透明性,保持沟通就好
Well, that's the key to this entire enterprise.
这正是整个项目的关键
Then after the first year is fine and, uh...
只要平安度过第一年
troop numbers look agreeable,
驻军数量也合适
are you sure you can procure this many on your end?
你能保证派来这个数目吗
Yes. I don't need Congress for that.
是的,我不需要通过国会
No, but the funding.
的确,但资金怎么解决
It comes out of the DOD budget like any regular deployment.
与其他派驻一样从国防预算里拨
Now, infrastructure and logistical supplies for your troops,
至于你方军队的基础设施建设和后勤
well, we can add that expense as ancillary support.
这份支出可以算作辅助设施
We can pitch in.
我们能出点
Well, whatever you could spare would certainly be welcome.
不管你们能拿出多少我们当然都欢迎
But... that brings us to the elephant in the room.
不过还有一件我们都在考虑的事
Missile defense.
导弹防御
Now, I can accept a partial scale-back in Poland.
我能接受波兰那边的部分削减
And it doesn't have to be... announced.
这可以不公开
But we need to consider the Czech Republic.
可我们得考虑捷克方面
Tell me your concerns.
说说你的顾虑
Япросилнаснебеспокоить.
我说了不要打断我们
Your wife values privacy.
你夫人很重视隐私啊
Excuse me?
你说什么
We were talking missile defense.
我们正谈导弹防御呢
Why did you bring up Claire?
怎么提起克莱尔了
She's... talking privately to Corrigan. It's no matter.
她正与科里根密谈,没什么大不了的
Is there something wrong?
出什么问题了吗
I hope not.
希望没有
Now, missile defense.
回到导弹防御上来吧
A statement for the Russian media. That's all it is.
就是一份说给俄国媒体听的声明而已
Let me ask you something.
我问你
Would you read that statement if you were me?
你要是我的话,会读这份声明吗
Yes, I would.
是的,我会读的
You'd thank a man who says you're dangerous to children?
你会感谢一个说你对孩子有威胁的人
You don't have to mean it. You just have to say it.
不必出自真心,只需说出来
I went on a hunger strike for six days.
我绝食抗议了六天
Then I stopped.
然后我停了下来
Too hungry. I couldn't go on.
饥饿使我难以坚持
One of the others that, uh, I was arrested with, Sergei,
跟我一起被捕的,有个叫塞尔盖的
hung in there for 28 days.
他坚持了28天
They decided to force-feed him,
他们决定强迫他进食
and they finally agreed to let his mother visit.
并终于同意他母亲看望他
Turns out it was too late, on both counts.
可这都太晚了
Lots of news stories about me.
关于我的新闻铺天盖地
None about Sergei.
却没有关于塞尔盖的
A man dies and it's like nothing happened.
一个人就这么悄无声息地死了
Because he's Russian.
就因为他是俄国人
I can't abandon the others in here.
我不能抛弃其他被捕的人
Or the millions of people out there
还有外面成千上万
who are told the way they are born is wrong.
被人说他们生来就有问题的人
But back home, you can share Sergei's story.
但回家后你可以讲出塞尔盖的故事
That doesn't do anything for him or the others.
这对他或其他人无济于事
We will drag you out if necessary.
如果有必要,我们会把你拖出去
You don't have any power over that.
在这事上你无力反抗
But the one thing I do have power over
但是,我可以自主的
is not making that statement.
是不发表这份声明
Okay.
好吧
What if I can get them to change the line
那如果我让他们修改
about nontraditional sexual attitudes?
关于非传统性取向这句呢
That's what bothers you most, right?
这才是最困扰你的部分,对吧
You can't parse this. It's all or nothing.
这不是文字游戏,要么做到底,要么不做
That's not how politics works.
政治不是这么搞的
But it's how revolution works!
但革命都是这样的
How are things going?
进展怎么样了
May I speak with you for a moment?
我能跟你说句话吗
Чтоеслинебудетсогласования.Тоибудетипусть.Все.
如果达不成一致,那就算了,就这样
What are you up to? What do you mean?
你有什么目的, 你指什么
Corrigan.
科里根
Tell me what's wrong.
告诉我发生什么了
You wanted him to refuse. To embarrass me.
你就希望他拒绝,从而使我难堪
Your wife told him not to make the statement.
你夫人叫他拒绝发表声明
That is ludicrous.
简直荒唐
You came here with false intentions.
你是带着虚情假意而来
No. Viktor, we knew that he might be stubborn.
不,维克多,我们都料到他会很顽固
But this is a man with strong beliefs.
但此人毕竟信念坚定
This statement is important to me.
这份声明对我意义重大
Well, if anything, Claire is trying to convince him to make it.
克莱尔肯定正努力说服他发表声明
Then why did she ask for the surveillance audio to be removed?
那为什么她要求把监听设备拿走
I don't know.
我不知道
Perhaps so he wouldn't feel on the spot.
或许是想让他放松
But, look, I wouldn't worry about this just yet.
但是,不用担心这些
Claire is very persuasive.
克莱尔很有说服力
Let me be very clear.
我把话说明白
If there is no statement, there is no deal on any front.
他不发表声明,任何协议都免谈
Not between us. Not for him.
我们的协议,关于他的协议都取消
He gets tried, convicted, sentenced.
他会接受审判,被定罪,被判决
Now, I asked Mr. Litsky to inform them both.
我已经让利特斯基先生通知他们了
I have complete confidence in my wife.
我对我妻子信心十足
And Viktor, you must know, this isn't part of any plan.
维克多,你要清楚,这不是什么计划的一部分
That's it.
就这样
There's no flexibility with regard to the statement.
这份声明没有讨价还价的余地
You don't cooperate, you go to trial.
你不配合就得接受审判
Good. They can't keep me from speaking in court.
正好,他们不能阻止我在法庭上发声
What about your husband?
那你丈夫怎么办
You've spoken to John?
你和约翰谈过了
I let him know we were hopeful.
我跟他说我们抱很大希望
How is he?
他怎么样了
He's worried about you.
他很担心你
He wanted to come with us,
他本想跟我们一起来
but that wasn't possible, for obvious reasons.
但这明显不可能
I promised to call after I saw you.
我保证见过你就给他打电话
I was thinking... you'd call instead. From Air Force One.
我其实想让你在空军一号上亲自给他打电话
He'll understand.
他会明白的
He misses you, Michael.
他很想你,迈克尔
I miss him. I miss a lot of things.
我也想他,我想念很多东西
My parents. My friends. My dog.
我的父母,我的朋友们,我的狗
More than two square feet of sunlight.
牢房外的明媚阳光
But it's the life we chose.
但这就是我们选择的生活
It's what our bond is built on.
我们正是因此才走到一起的
John has been very vocal back home.
约翰在国内媒体上非常活跃
All he talks about is your release.
一直在呼吁释放你
You're causing him pain. And you don't have to.
你在让他痛苦,而你没必要这样做
And he didn't have to marry me.
他当初也没必要与我结婚
That's selfish. Maybe.
这话太自私了, 或许吧
But so is contradicting everything I believe in
但为了离开这间牢房就否认我信仰的一切
just to get out of this cell.
也同样自私
I think what you're doing is more selfish.
我认为你现在这样做更加自私
It's about ego.
这是你的自尊心在作祟
Proving something to yourself.
你想向自己证明一些事
And a man back home is hurting because of it.
被你留在家里的那个男人却因此而痛苦
John is weak. He'd say the statement in a heartbeat
约翰的意志很薄弱,换他在这里待几天
if he spent more than a few days in here,
肯定会毫不犹豫地读那份声明
which is why I'm here and he's not.
这也正是我在这里而他不在的原因
If he thinks I'm being selfish, so what?
如果他认为我这是自私,那又如何
Either he accepts it or he doesn't.
随便他能不能接受
Isn't that what marriage is about?
这不正是婚姻的意义吗
Accepting your partner's selfishness?
接受你配偶的自私
You of all people should understand.
你最应该理解这一点吧
You know nothing about marriage.
你根本不了解婚姻
You think it's about... sacrifice?
你认为婚姻的意义是...自我牺牲吗
I think it's about respect.
我认为婚姻的意义是彼此尊重
And you're not respecting his pain.
而你没有尊重他的痛苦
His pain doesn't matter.
他的痛苦无关紧要
How can you say that?
你怎么能这么说
Because mine doesn't either.
因为我的痛苦也无关紧要
You know what I've been asking myself
你知道自绝食抗议以来
ever since the hunger strike?
我一直在问自己什么问题吗
Am I truly willing to die for this?
"我真的愿意为此去死吗"
I don't know the answer to that question.
我不知道这个问题的答案
But at least I have something that I care enough about
但至少有一件事能让我足够在乎
to even ask the question.
以至于问得出这样的问题
Have you asked that of yourself?
你这样问过你自己吗
What are you willing to die for?
你愿意为何而死
Are you ready yet, Mrs. Underwood?
您准备离开了吗,安德伍德夫人
Not yet.
还没有
How much longer, if I might?
恕我问一下,还要多久
Please inform the President
请通知总统先生
I won't be leaving until Mr. Corrigan comes with me.
科里根先生跟我走之前我是不会离开的
You can't stay here, Mrs. Underwood--
您不能留在这里,安德伍德夫人
Pass along the message, would you?
请转达我的话,好吗
We can't have the First Lady staying--
我们不能让第一夫人留在...
You're not going to forcibly remove me.
你不能强行让我离开
So, please, do as I ask.
所以请照我说的去做
What are you doing? Viktor is beside himself.
你在干什么,维克多都快气疯了
You need to convince him to let go of the statement.
你得说服他放弃那份声明
Look, you have to assume we're being overheard.
你得考虑到可能有人在监听我们的谈话
This is not a secure line.
这电话可不是保密线路
Anything I'm saying, I'd say to Petrov himself if he were here.
我所说的话完全可以当着佩特罗夫的面说
I thought you were convincing Corrigan to make the statement.
我以为你在劝说科里根做声明呢
Francis, I'm doing my best,
弗兰西斯,我在尽一切努力
but we need to come at this from both sides.
但我们必须两边一起努力
Well, he's adamant.
他很固执
He's not gonna back down and I don't blame him.
他不会让步,而且我也不怪他
Corrigan's adamant, too.
科里根也很固执
The entire deal hinges on this.
整个协议都取决于这件事
Now, Viktor made it very clear what his needs are,
维克多把他的要求说得很明确
and we made promises before we--
而且我们之前也保证过...
I'm trying to salvage the situation.
我正在努力挽回局面
There isn't much time.
没多少时间了
We're scheduled to get back on the plane tomorrow
我们定好了明天回到飞机上
and the press expects Michael to get on with us.
媒体都等着迈克尔也上飞机
Viktor, if you're listening to this,
维克多,如果你正在听
please know I'm advocating on your behalf.
请明白我一直在为你说话
But you might want to consider letting the statement go.
但你或许应该考虑放弃这份声明
He's not gonna do it, Claire.
他不会那样做的,克莱尔
Just talk to him, Francis.
好好和他谈谈,弗兰西斯
If he won't let it go,
如果他不愿放弃
see if he'll tone it down some more.
看能不能把语言再缓和一些
He doesn't want all of this to fall apart either.
他也不希望这一切功亏一篑
All right. I'll see what I can do.
好吧,我尽力试试
I'll keep you posted.
有消息我会通知你的
Oh, this is great. Thank you.
这太好了,谢谢
If I could have a receipt...
能给我一张收据吗
Oh. Excuse me. Sorry. I appreciate it.
不好意思, 谢谢
Hey, Max.
麦克斯
I'm here at the clinic.
我在诊所
Are you okay? You sound--
你没事吧,你听起来...
I'm scared. They're about to take the blood sample.
我好害怕,他们马上要抽血了
Can you come?
你能来吗
Please, I'm really scared, Lisa.
求你了,我真的好害怕,丽萨
Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I'll be there as soon as I can, okay?
好的,好的,我尽快赶过去,好吗
Yeah. Just hold tight.
嗯,等着我
Hey, um, I need to go. Do you mind taking care of all this?
我得离开,你能照看一下这里吗
Okay, thank you.
好,谢谢
Good news, Mr. Orsay. You're negative on all fronts.
好消息,奥尔西先生,你所有检测均呈阴性
There are the results, for your records.
这是检测结果,供您保留
I've got some literature if you like, on protection,
这里还有一些小册子,关于保护措施
preventative strategies, how to avoid high-risk encounters.
防护举措,如何避免高危接触
No, thank you, I'm... I'm good.
谢谢,不用了
Yeah, actually, I will take those.
那个,我还是拿着吧
I'm positive.
是阳性
I just I can't-I can't be alone right now.
我现在不想一个人待着
Come with me. Come with me. Okay?
跟我来,跟我来吧
Stamper. You're good.
斯坦普, 你真厉害
He said yes?
他答应了
Took a couple of hours, but he's on board.
耗了几小时,但他加入了
Did you have to bring up Butler?
你提到巴特勒了吗
The prison was enough. Great.
监狱就够了, 太好了
Who's your next target?
接下来你要谁
Willis Morrison, Twelfth District.
威利斯·莫里森, 12区
Ohio. I have his file at home.
俄亥俄,他的资料在我家
I'll call you in an hour.
我一小时后打给你
Surprise, surprise. You're on the phone again.
稀罕啊,你又在打电话
I'm on my time now, not yours.
这是我自由时间,不归你管了
You outta here?
你要走吗
Yeah, you were my last appointment.
嗯,你是我最后一个预约
Did that work today help?
今天的复健有什么用吗
It did. I feel great.
嗯,我感觉很棒
Well, you're making great progress.
你的进步很大
And when you're fully recovered, you know,
等你完全恢复了
we'll have that cell phone surgically removed from your ear.
我们会做手术把粘在你耳朵上的手机切除掉
See you later.
回见了
But isn't it even more powerful coming from me?
但我来说不是更有力吗
It would ring hollow. The words must come from him.
会很空洞,那些话必须他说
But no one will believe he means them, anyway.
反正也没人会相信他是真心
Whether he means them doesn't matter.
他是否真心无所谓
The fact that he says them shows respect for our laws.
但如果他说了,就表明他尊重我们的法律
I wish he'd make the damn statement too,
我也希望他能发表声明
and maybe he will. But if he doesn't,
他或许会的,但如果他不肯
you're willing to let all the work
你就愿让我们今天
we've accomplished today go down the drain
达成的一切协议都付诸东流吗
because of one loud-mouth protester
就因为一个大嘴巴抗议者
over a law you can't possibly believe in?
和一项你肯定也并不认同的法律吗
No, you're right. I don't believe in it.
你说得对,我是不认同
Two of my cabinet ministers are gay.
我两个内阁成员还是同性恋呢
My ex-wife's nephew is gay,
我前妻的侄子也是
the one who is basically like a son to me.
那孩子我视如己出
Personally, I don't care.
我个人根本不在乎
So if you don't care,
既然你不在乎
let's haul him out and put him on the plane.
就让我们带他离开监狱,上飞机吧
Look, I don't want our deal to fall apart any more than you do.
听我说,我也不希望我们的协议泡汤
Your wife was right on the phone.
你妻子在电话上说得对
But there is more than just our deal for me to consider.
但我要考虑的不仅是我们的协议
I need to show strength.
我得显示出力量
No one's going to see this as a weakness.
不会有人将此视为软弱
On the contrary, you'll be applauded for letting him go.
恰恰相反,你放他走只会受到赞誉
By who? Hm? The West?
谁的赞誉,西方吗
You don't understand Russia, Mr. President.
你根本不了解俄罗斯,总统先生
If people don't like the job you're doing,
如果大家不喜欢你的工作表现
they vote you out of office.
他们就会把你赶下台
If they don't like the job I'm doing, they topple statues.
如果他们不喜欢我的工作表现,他们会推翻塑像
Blood is spilled. Chaos takes over.
流血争斗,天下大乱
Is the gay propaganda law barbaric? Yes.
反同法是不是很无理,是的
Of course it is.
当然了
But religion, tradition,
但宗教,传统
for most of my people, it's in their bones.
对大部分国民,那深入骨髓
This law was passed for them.
这项法律,是为他们而出台
I have to represent my people the same way you do.
我得像你那样,代表人民的意愿
And if there is no cost to Corrigan's actions,
如果科里根不为自己的行为付出代价
many of my people will feel betrayed.
很多人会感到遭背叛
There won't be a revolution because you freed one man.
不会因为你放了一个人,就引发革命
Revolution sneaks up on you, one small step at a time.
革命是一点点,一步步兴起的
I don't take chances, even with the smallest of steps.
我不能冒险,即使是很微小的一步
No stone left unturned when the First Lady's in town.
第一夫人一到,全员出动啊
Can I ask you something?
能问你个问题吗
If you pass the salt.
能把盐递给我吗
How did Michael Corrigan become Michael Corrigan?
你是如何变成今天这样的
Gay? An activist.
同性恋吗, 活动家
I'm sure you got a briefing from the FBI.
联调局一定给你介绍情况了吧
Yes, but I would like to hear it from you.
是的,但我想听你说
A friend of mine, and this is in the early '90s,
早在90年代初期,我一个朋友
she invited me to go with her to a community organizing meeting.
她请我去参加一个社区集会
I had nothing better to do, so I said okay.
我闲来无事,就去了
We get there and there's maybe 12 people in the room, tops.
我们去了,屋里至多就12个人吧
It was pretty sad, actually.
那场面真的很可怜
And the guy speaking is talking about garbage.
而演讲人的讲话主题是垃圾
Garbage? Recycling.
垃圾, 废物回收
And the guy is putting all 12 of us to sleep.
这家伙让所有12人都昏昏欲睡
What he was saying made sense, but... zero charisma.
他说的话确实有道理,但毫无号召力
It was worse: anti-charisma.
甚至可以说是排斥力
But I noticed he had this habit of, uh...
但我注意到他有一个习惯
tilting his head when he was making an important point.
当他说到重点时会歪头
It was... it was so endearing.
真的很惹人爱
It was like this.
就像这样
Like...
像这样
I couldn't help it. I fell in love with him right then and there.
我无法控制自己,当场就爱上了他
This was John?
演讲人是约翰
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
真是恍如隔世
Well, he's pretty charismatic on TV.
电视上的他挺有号召力的
He learned charisma. I learned how to think.
他学会了如何号召别人,我学会了如何思考
We rubbed off on each other well.
我们互相磨合得不错
I didn't know you'd been together so long.
我不知道你们在一起这么久了
Twenty-one years.
21年
Only been married for five because, well, we couldn't earlier.
只结婚了五年,因为之前我们没法结
Francis and I just celebrated 28.
弗兰西斯和我刚庆祝完28周年结婚纪念日
Over half your life.
超过你半辈子了
That's true. I haven't even thought about that.
没错,我还从未这么想过
You were young.
你结婚时还很年轻
Twenty-two.
22岁
You ever regret it?
你后悔过吗
No. No. I love Francis.
不,不后悔,我爱弗兰西斯
Now more than ever.
如今更甚以往
I regret it.
我后悔了
Committing to someone before I even knew who I was.
在还未完全了解自己之前就与人定下终身
We didn't take legal vows,
我们并未进行合法宣誓
but we had our own version.
但我们有自己的方式
Stupid. Why?
真的很傻, 为什么
Because all I've ever done is hurt him.
因为我给他的就只有伤害
Um, kept him in my shadow, cheated on him, you name it.
让他待在我背后,劈腿,各种各样
Well, it's the history that counts,
两人相濡以沫的岁月最重要
not the other things, right?
而非其他事情,对吧
That's true. No substitute for history.
没错,过去无可替代
But it's unfair to him.
但对他不公平
I don't believe in fairness.
我不相信公平
I don't think you do either, even though you fight for it.
我认为你也不相信,即便你在为之奋斗
And I don't believe you love your husband more than ever.
我不相信你对你丈夫的爱更甚以往
How could you possibly know?
你怎么知道
Takes one to know one.
将心比心
John and I haven't slept with each other in almost two years.
约翰和我已经两年没上过床了
We don't even sleep in the same bedroom.
我们甚至都分房睡了
We've talked about separating, but we never follow through.
我们谈过分居的事,但终究没那么做
It seems wrong to fight this hard for marriage equality
为了婚姻平等努力至今,我们自己却离婚了
and then get divorced.
感觉不太好
Bad for business.
于事业无益
Honestly, I don't think it's how humans are built.
说实话,我认为这违背人性
To be with each other for 50 years.
在一起五十年,白头偕老
You don't have that option either, do you?
你也没得选,对吧
How do you mean?
什么意思
Well, if you wanted something else,
如果你不想继续下去
that would be really bad for business.
对你们的事业会是致命打击
You should eat.
你得吃点东西
Said the snake to Eve.
蛇对夏娃也这么说
Eat your apple. The world won't end.
吃你的苹果吧,世界不会就此终结
You need to get on the phone and tell her to leave.
你得给你夫人打电话让她离开
She wouldn't listen to me even if I did.
即便我打了她也不会听
She's dead set on convincing this guy for your benefit.
她现在一门心思要为你说服这家伙
I'll have the guards escort her out if necessary.
必要的话,我会让保安护送她出来
They will not lay a finger on my wife.
他们休想动我夫人一根手指
You'd actually prefer that, wouldn't you?
你其实更希望如此吧
So you could tell the world
这样你就能告诉全世界
we dragged the First Lady out by her hair.
我们拉着第一夫人的头发,把她拽了出来
I'm finding it more and more difficult to tolerate your paranoia.
我实在是越来越难以忍受你的多疑
I could say the same of your lies.
我对你的谎言也一样
When I lie to you, you'll never know it,
我撒谎时,你绝不会发现
and it will be for a good reason.
而且肯定是有个好理由
Corrigan doesn't fall into that category.
科里根可不算
I should never have invited you here.
我就不该邀请你来访问
You and I can work together. This afternoon is proof.
你我可以协作,今天下午就是证明
I would've been better off holding my ground.
我就应该坚守我的立场
And forcing us to pass the resolution?
然后逼我们通过决议案吗
The United Nations? They mean nothing to me.
联合国,我才不把他们放在心上
If they meant nothing to you, you would have held your ground.
如果真是这样,你就会坚守立场了
But you want to be respected abroad as much as you are at home.
但你希望在国外和在国内一样受到尊敬
And I came here out of respect, Viktor.
而我是怀着敬意而来,维克多
And I sympathize with the situation you're in.
我对你的处境感同身受
That we're both in.
我们都深陷其中
Let's not let Michael Corrigan
不要让迈克尔·科里根
dictate the course of nations.
决定国际形势的走向
Can we at least discuss
我们至少讨论下
what a statement from me might look like?
如果由我发言应该怎么说
You look exhausted.
你看上去精疲力竭
I didn't sleep much on the plane, so...
我在飞机上没怎么睡
You should go back.
你回去吧
There's no reason for you to be in here with me.
你没必要跟我一起待在这里
I'm not leaving.
我不会走的
You're more stubborn than I am.
你比我还固执呢
Why won't you let me help you?
你为什么不让我帮你呢
I've made my demands clear.
我的要求很明确
Michael, let me tell you what's going to happen
迈克尔,我告诉你如果你不肯
if you refuse to make this statement.
发表声明会发生什么吧
You'll help no one.
你谁都帮不了
In fact, life will get worse
事实上,其他那些跟你
for the others you were arrested with.
一起被捕的人会陷入更糟的境地
Petrov will feel embarrassed. He will arrest more people.
佩特罗夫会感到丢脸,会逮捕更多人
He will pass worse laws.
会通过更可怕的法律
He's not going to let some American homosexual dictate his policy.
他不会让一个美国的同性恋左右他的政策
This man is ruthless.
此人十分无情
You think he's gonna become reasonable suddenly
你以为如果这事不成
when all of this falls apart?
他就会突然讲理了吗
You're being naive!
你太天真了
And you're letting other people suffer because of it.
而且你还让别人为你的天真付出代价
Don't undo what you've fought so hard for.
别毁掉你一直以来的努力
You think you can shame me. But you can't.
你以为你能激我同意吗,你做不到
I'm giving you the truth.
我是在告诉你实话
I don't care how that makes you feel.
我不管你对此有什么感受
But do yourself the favor of hearing what I said.
但帮自己个忙,听进去我的话
I heard you. I hope so.
我听到了, 希望如此
I can't betray myself. What would I be then?
我不能背叛自己,那我成什么了
You'd be a politician. And that's what you are.
政客,你本就是政客
Let the others do all the yelling and screaming.
让其他人去吼叫呐喊吧
You want change? Then learn how to compromise.
你想要改变,就得学会妥协
Be a fucking adult about this, Michael.
成熟一点,迈克尔
I need to think. Okay? I need time.
我得想想,好吗,我需要时间
The plane leaves tomorrow.
飞机明天就起飞了
You should go back. I need time to think alone.
你回去吧,我需要时间独自想想
Clear my head. I'm not leaving here without you.
清空思绪, 你不走,我也不走
I need time!
我需要时间
Just... lie down for a little bit.
你躺一会儿吧
Just get some rest.
休息一下
I just can't talk anymore. Okay.
我不想再跟你争了, 好吧
Okay, I will.
我躺会儿
For a few minutes.
就一会儿
Thanks.
谢谢
There's treatment now.
这病现在可以治的
The thing that angers me the most
最让我生气的
is that I let her do this to me.
是我让她这么对我
Did you feel that way about your ex?
你对你前任也是这个感觉吗
The pain that just consumes you?
那痛苦能把你吞噬
For a while, yeah.
有一阵吧
Still, on bad days.
心情不好时还能感觉到
What was she like?
她什么样
Sorry, you don't have to...
抱歉,你不非得...
No, I don't mind.
没事,我不介意
She was...
她...
She'd had a tough life.
她以前挺不容易
She had a lot of baggage. Which I did, too.
有很多负担,我之前也是
We started out as friends and then we moved in together.
我们起初只是朋友,后来搬到一起住
And then it just happened.
然后就发生了
We fell in love.
我们相爱了
And I don't know, I guess...
我说不清
I felt stronger with her.
跟她在一起,我觉得自己更强大了
And I think she felt the same way.
我觉得她也有这种感觉
And I guess maybe it was naive,
或许是我天真
but I thought that together, we could let go of all that baggage.
但我以为我们携手前进,可以放下那些过去
Then we'd just be us.
就一起做我们自己
Well, why did she leave?
那她为什么离开了
She said everything was happening too quickly.
她说这一切太快了
Have you spoken to her... since?
你之后再联络过她吗
Nope. She stopped coming to the fellowship.
没有,她再也不去团契了
I stopped by her apartment once,
我去过她公寓一次
her landlord said she was gone.
房东说她走了
Just no idea where she is?
你完全不知道她在哪吗
We used to lie in bed and fantasize about where we'd go
我们以前会躺在床上,幻想如果有选择
if we could go anywhere. Paris, Australia, Timbuktu.
我们会去哪,巴黎,澳大利亚,廷巴克图
That was Rachel, the far-off places. I didn't need that.
瑞秋就这样,渴望远走高飞,我并不需要
Where would you go?
你想去哪
The Jimenez Trail.
希门尼斯山路
Where is that?
在哪啊
New Mexico.
新墨西哥州
Cuts across the whole state.
穿过整个州
It's got hot springs and waterfalls.
一路上有温泉,瀑布
We used to say we'd go there, hike it,
我们以前曾说要去,徒步
find a good spot, build a cabin.
找个好地方,建个小屋
I'm sorry, we shouldn't be talking about me.
抱歉,不该净说我的事
I asked.
是我问的
That tea smells good.
茶闻着挺香
I think I'll have some, too.
我也来杯好了
This looks good.
可以
You say every word. Of course.
每字每句吗, 当然
And then you take him directly to the plane.
然后直接带他上飞机
Viktor... thank you.
维克多,谢谢你
But the Czech Republic,
但是捷克共和国
I want all the missiles gone, not just a scale-back.
所有导弹都要撤走,不光是部分撤离
You can keep something in Poland for show, but that's it.
波兰可以留点做个样子,但仅此而已
Agreed.
同意
So, we have a deal?
我们达成协议了吗
Including everything we discussed about the Jordan Valley.
包括我们讨论过的所有关于约旦河谷的事项
Yes, of course.
是的,当然
Then we have a deal.
那我们达成协议了
Господи.
天哪
Надоееотсудавыводить.
立刻把她带出去
Спустиегоскромно.Пошли,пошли!
快把他放下来,快,快
Come, Mrs. Underwood.
走吧,安德伍德夫人
Please. You shouldn't be here.
走吧,您不该待在这儿
Mrs. Underwood.
安德伍德夫人
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
Would you like to lie down for a bit? Change your clothes?
你想先休息下吗,换身衣服
No, I can do that on the plane.
不,我上飞机再换吧
Well, you go straight there.
你直接去吧
We have the press conference to do.
我们还有新闻发布会要开
I should be with you, Francis.
我该跟你一起,弗兰西斯
We have that handled.
我们能处理
I'd like to say something. A few warm words to his family.
我想说点什么,抚慰他的家人
Yes. Yes, of course.
好的,当然可以
I'll echo your sympathy and then...
我也会表示惋惜,然后
then say that I was planning on releasing him today.
然后说我今天本打算释放他
I'll thank you for your... your generosity.
我会感谢你的...大度
How tragic this has been.
整件事真是悲剧
And then a few words about the Jordan Valley,
再提下约旦河谷
or if you'd prefer to announce our agreement.
或者你想来宣布我们的协议吗
No, no, it's fine if you do.
不用,你说就行
Would you... mind if your people
你介意让你手下
showed me a draft of your remarks?
给我一份你声明的简稿吗
Yes, I'll have them draft something right now.
当然,我马上让他们开始起草
And yours, too, Mrs. Underwood?
你呢,安德伍德夫人
Yes. It's fine. Whatever you want.
好的,听你的
Ladies and gentlemen...
女士们先生们
Good morning.
早上好
Mrs. Underwood would like to start by saying a few words.
安德伍德夫人想先简单说几句
As you all know, Michael Corrigan was found dead
如你们所知,迈克尔·科里根今天早上
in his cell this morning.
被发现死在自己的牢房里
He had hung himself.
他上吊自杀了
Michael and I spoke briefly yesterday.
迈克尔和我昨天简单谈了一下
He was being treated well and was grateful to President Petrov
他一直得到善待,也很感激佩特罗夫总统
for granting his imminent release.
即将批准释放他
We don't know why... Michael chose to do what he did.
我们不知道迈克尔自杀的原因
We all wanted nothing more than for Michael to come home today
我们本都满心希望迈克尔今天能回家
and we offer our heartfelt condolences
我们向他的家人和亲友
to his family and his loved ones.
致以最衷心的哀悼
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you, Mrs. Underwood.
谢谢你,安德伍德夫人
Mrs. Underwood?
安德伍德夫人
I didn't just speak to him yesterday,
我不单是昨天跟他谈过话
I was there when it happened, asleep.
事情发生时我也在场,睡着了
He hung himself with my scarf.
他是用我的围巾上吊的
I do know why Michael decided to take his own life:
我知道迈克尔为什么决定结束自己的生命
because he didn't want to lie.
因为他不想说谎
And I can't dishonor him by telling a lie now.
我现在不能再用谎言玷污他
Claire...
克莱尔
I was trying to convince him to say that he broke the law,
我本想劝说他,让他承认他违了法
to thank President Petrov.
让他感谢佩特罗夫总统
But he refused, because he didn't want to leave
但他拒绝了,因为他拒绝离开那里
until the law was repealed.
除非法律被废除
Until the Russians who were arrested for the same crime
除非那些因同样罪名被捕的俄罗斯人
were also released.
也得到释放
Michael was willing to die for what he believed in.
迈克尔愿意为他的信念而死
Thank you, Mrs. Underwood. He was brave.
谢谢,安德伍德夫人, 他很勇敢
And his voice deserves to be heard. That's enough.
他的声音理应被听到, 够了
If it weren't for this unjust law,
如果不是因为这不公的法律
and ignorance and intolerance of your government,
还有你们政府的无知,狭隘
Michael would still be with us.
迈克尔也不会离开我们
Shame on you, Mr. President.
你真可耻,总统先生
My wife has been under a...
我妻子过去这一天
great amount of stress these past 24 hours.
一直压力很大
She's clearly in shock.
她显然还余惊未消
My apologies to President Petrov and to the Russian people.
我向佩特罗夫总统和俄国人民道歉
If you'll excuse me, I need to be with her now.
恕我失陪,我得去陪我妻子
Claire. Don't, Francis.
克莱尔, 别,弗兰西斯
It's imperative that I speak to him.
我必须跟他说话
Well, keep trying, Cathy.
继续打,凯茜
If Petrov won't get on the phone with me,
如果佩特罗夫不接我电话
then I'll speak to Bugayev.
那我就跟布加耶夫谈
Whoever will get on the phone with me, then.
那就任何愿意跟我通话的人
All right. Thank you.
好,谢谢
Your coffee, sir.
您的咖啡,先生
Thank you, Ben.
谢谢,本
Mr. President. Later.
总统先生, 待会儿的
I just got off the phone with Cathy. The deal's off.
我刚跟凯茜通完话,协议取消了
Everything we negotiated.
我们谈好的一切都推翻了
We have to discuss the next move.
我们得讨论下一步
I know what I did. It seemed impulsive,
我知道我做了什么,看起来是很冲动
but it wasn't-- It happened. Let's move on.
但并不是... 事已至此,我们继续吧
If you have something you would like to say, Francis...
如果你想说什么,弗兰西斯
I just want to minimize the damage.
我只想尽量减少损害
If Petrov won't come around,
如果佩特罗夫不肯回头
we have to move forward with the resolution at the UN.
我们就得推进联合国的决议案了
We're prepared for that.
我们已经准备好了
Good. Thank you. Try to get some sleep.
很好,谢谢,尽量睡会儿吧
Shouldn't you be in the back, with the press?
你不是该在后面跟媒体在一起吗
I'm not press. You're not staff either.
我不是媒体, 你也不是工作人员
My apologies.
抱歉
Mrs. Underwood?
安德伍德夫人
You did the right thing.
你做得对
I know you're angry.
我知道你很生气
You should be.
你有权生气
But I had to do it.
但我必须那么做
Is this some sort of apology,
这算是道歉
or you need to get something off your chest?
还是你想一吐为快
I want you to try and understand.
我希望你能努力去理解
Understand?
理解
What you did was beyond-- I know.
你所做的超出了... 我知道
You're not only the First Lady, and an ambassador,
你不只是第一夫人,大使
you're also my wife.
你也是我妻子
In what order? Oh, come on, Claire.
什么顺序, 拜托,克莱尔
I said what I said for him.
我所说的是为了他
Not for myself, not for us.
不是为我自己,不是为我们
I felt we owed him more than a few false words.
为了他,我们也不该做一份虚伪的声明
So you want me to forgive you? To say that it was okay?
你是要我原谅你,告诉你没关系吗
No. Because I can't do that.
不, 因为我做不到
I'm not asking you to.
我没这意思
Then why are we even discussing it?!
那我们为什么还要讨论这个
Because I want you to know why.
因为我想让你知道原因
I don't care why.
我不在乎原因
I don't care what your reasons are.
我不在乎你的原因是什么
There is no reason that can possibly convince me
没有任何原因
that you should have sabotaged a peace plan we spent months on!
让你有权毁掉我们耗费数月推行的和平计划
It was a political mistake.
我犯了个政治错误
Yes, I admit that. But if I had said nothing,
是的,我承认,但如果我什么都不说
his death would have meant nothing.
他的死就毫无意义了
No. Not death. Don't give him that.
不,不是死,他那不叫死
Suicide. No.
是自杀, 不
Something undeniable. I was not gonna try and deny it.
无法否认的事情,我不会否认的
I don't even understand that. If you'd give me a chance.
我都不明白你什么意思, 如果你肯给我机会
I gave you a chance with the recess appointment,
我已经给了你机会,休会任命
with the resolution, with handling Corrigan.
决议案,还有跟科里根谈
He didn't have a choice, Francis. We cornered him.
他别无选择,弗兰西斯,我们把他逼入绝境了
He did have a choice. Not in his mind.
他有选择, 在他看来没有
No one forced him to protest in Moscow.
没人逼他在莫斯科抗议
And we sure as hell didn't ask him
我们也绝对没有让他
to tie your scarf around his neck!
用你的围巾上吊自杀
If you had spoken to him...
如果你跟他谈过
and heard what he had to say
听听他的话
Oh, what, I would have had some moral epiphany?
怎么,我就会豁然开朗吗
Yes, you would have. I don't think so.
是的,你会的, 我不这么认为
Because I'm the President of the United States
因为我是美国总统
and I can separate the big from the small.
我能分清孰轻孰重
He wasn't small.
他并不轻
He was a coward and I'm glad he's dead.
他是个懦夫,我很高兴他死了
He had more courage than you'll ever have.
他比你勇敢得多
Do you really want to discuss courage, Claire?
你真要讨论勇敢吗,克莱尔
Because anyone can commit suicide,
因为任何人都可以自杀
or spout their mouth in front of a camera.
或是在摄像机前口无遮拦
But you wanna know what takes real courage?
但你知道什么才叫真正的勇敢吗
Keeping your mouth shut, no matter what you might be feeling.
无论内心有何感受,都能管住嘴巴
Holding it all together when the stakes are this high.
形势如此严峻,仍能不乱阵脚
We're murderers, Francis.
是我们杀了他,弗兰西斯
No, we're not. We're survivors.
不,不是的,这叫适者生存
If we can't show some respect for one brave man
如果我们不能对这个勇敢的人表示敬意
and still accomplish what we set out to do,
而继续完成我们原本的计划
then I'm disappointed in both of us.
那我会对我们俩都很失望
I should've never made you ambassador.
我就不该任命你做大使
I should've never made you president.
我就不该让你当上总统
What are you looking at?
看什么看,