手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 诉讼双雄 > 诉讼双雄第四季 > 正文

诉讼双雄第四季 (MP3+中英字幕):第12集 路易抢哈维的案子

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Professor gerard.

吉拉德教授
I came to ask for a favor. The answer is no.
我来请你帮个忙,我不会答应的
Which is why I brought this.
所以我带了这个来
You know.
你知道了
And you talk a big game,
你高谈阔论
but you're just as human as everyone else,
但你其实也只是一个普通人
you smug son of a bitch.
你这自以为是的混蛋
Louis.
路易
What are you doing here? Leaving.
你怎么来了,我要走了
That way I don't have to look at either one of you two liars.
这样我就不用看着你们两个骗子了
Oh, my God, he knows.
天呐,他知道了
He doesn't just know.
他不仅知道了
He's a name partner.
还成了冠名合伙人
She came to me and lied to my face.
她跑到我面前对我撒谎
She did it to protect me
她这么做是为了保护我
I'm gonna keep hammering on her
我打算继续打击她
until you break.
直到你崩溃
With a new name comes a new beginning.
新的名字带来新的开始
Here's to our newest name partner, Louis Litt.
敬我们最新的冠名合伙人吧,路易·利特
Louis has something on you.
路易掌握了你的把柄
Daniel Hardman embezzled money from the firm,
丹尼尔·哈德曼挪用律所资金
and I covered it up.
我为他遮掩了
Why couldn't you trust me with that before?
你之前为什么不能信任我,告诉我
Because I didn't know how you'd react,
因为我不知道你会有什么反应
Jessica,
杰西卡
your secret is safe with me.
我会帮你保密
I thought we were done with rooftop conversations.
我以为我们现在不搞屋顶谈话了
Some things require privacy.
有些事得私下说
I haven't heard you say that
这话自你半夜策划
since the midnight coup of Schmidt, Gordon, and Van Dyke.
夺下施密特高登范·戴克律所就没听你说过了
You done?
闹够了吗
It wasn't a joke.
我不是在开玩笑
Neither is this.
我的事也不是玩笑
I told Jeff Malone I helped cover up
我告诉杰夫·马龙我帮忙
Daniel Hardman's embezzlement.
掩盖了丹尼尔·哈德曼的挪用公款
Why the hell would you open that time capsule?
你为什么要提那件旧事
Because he knew the explanation
因为他知道我们给
we gave the partners about Louis was bullshit,
其他合伙人做出的关于路易的解释就是鬼扯
and I had to tell him something.
我只能告诉他点什么
You could've told him it was none of his business.
你可以告诉他那不关他的事
Harvey, I didn't bring you here
哈维,我叫你上来
to get relationship advice.
不是为了寻求感情建议
I brought you here to tell you what I did
我只是叫你上来告诉你我做了什么
in case it ever came up.
以防这事哪天提起
No, you didn't.
才不是
You brought me here because now
你叫我来是因为这下
you have to get Louis to back you,
你得让路易配合你的说辞
and you knew you'd be mad at me
你知道我说了不好听的忠言
when I told you what you didn't want to hear.
你就会生我气
You're right. I don't want to hear it.
没错,我不想听
How do you think it's gonna go
你觉得如果我告诉路易
when I tell Louis he holds
他能一手
the fate of my relationship in his hands?
毁了我的恋情,会怎么样啊
How do you think it's gonna go
你觉得等马龙
the first time Malone brings up Louis' blackmail?
提起路易敲诈的事,会怎么样啊
I don't care.
我不管
Well, I'll tell you how it's gonna go.
我告诉你吧
Louis is gonna look back
路易会回过头来
with his beady little eyes and say, "Embezzlement?
贼眉鼠眼地说,"挪用公款
That's not how I got my name on the wall."
我才不是因为那个成了冠名合伙人呢"
And the shit's gonna hit the fan anyway.
到时还是要天下大乱
You know what?
告诉你
You can be a real son of a bitch.
你有时候真混蛋
Yeah, but instead of being pissed at me,
是啊,但你与其气我
why don't you take a look in the mirror?
不如去照照镜子吧
Because we held out an olive branch,
因为我们伸出了橄榄枝
and after Louis hears this,
但路易一听说这事
he's gonna take that branch
他就会夺下那根橄榄枝
and beat the shit out of us with it.
用它抽死我们
Louis.
路易
Professor Gerard? What are you doing here?
吉拉德教授,你怎么来了
I've got a small legal matter to attend to.
我有件小小的法律事务要处理
Well, is it anything I can help you with?
我能帮上忙吗
Actually, I'm here to speak with Harvey.
其实,我是来找哈维的
I understand.
我明白
You're looking for a name partner.
你是要找冠名合伙人
Well, you can't quite see it from here,
在这里是看不见
but if you walk back about ten feet,
但如果你倒退十步
take a gander to your left,
往左边扫一眼
you'll see I've gotten a little recognition
你就会看到我得到了认可...
I appreciate that, but as I said,
我懂了,但我说了
I'm here to speak with Harvey.
我是来找哈维的
So are we gonna talk about that little welcome speech
我们要谈谈杰西卡给路易的
that Jessica made for Louis?
欢迎致辞吗
We don't have to talk about it
我们不用谈
because Louis isn't going to accept it.
因为路易不会认栽的
Why not?
为什么
Because it'll be a cold day in hell
因为他永远不可能
when he can accept being Maverick to my Iceman.
承认我是冰人,他只是小牛
Don'tdon't you mean Iceman to your Maverick?
你是说反了吧
No, I don't.
没有
You actually want to be Iceman over Maverick?
你比起小牛更想做冰人吗
Who got the trophy? Who's the better pilot?
谁拿到奖杯了,谁是更好的飞行员
The one who got the trophy. Wrong.
拿奖杯的那个,错
Because in the end, Maverick saved Iceman,
因为最后,小牛救了冰人
and if he hadn't, trophy boy would be sitting
否则,奖杯男现在就躺在
on the bottom of the Indian Ocean right now.
印度洋海底了
Where he'd still be the man.
那他也还是更厉害
According to you.
那是你的看法
According to me is the only "according to" that matters.
我的看法是唯一重要的看法
Here we go.
又来了
Maybe, but according to me,
或许吧,但我的看法是
Viper was the real hero of that film.
毒蛇才是电影里的真英雄
What?
怎么了
You think I'm too old to know Top Gun?
你以为我太老没看过《壮志凌云》吗
What I think is,
我认为
you have no business being in my office.
你不该进我办公室
Are we gonna do this in front of your associate?
我们要当着你初级律师的面吵吗
We don't have to do anything in front of anybody.
我们不用当着谁的面做什么
You just have to go.
你得走了
Harvey...
哈维
I need a lawyer.
我需要个律师
Louis' office is down the hall.
路易的办公室就在走廊那头
I don't want Louis.
我不要路易
I want you. That's funny.
我要你,真搞笑
The last time you saw me, you told me
你上次看见我时,你说
I wasn't fit to practice law in your ivory tower.
我不配在你的象牙塔里做律师
What I told you was,
我是说
is that you'll sacrifice ethics for wins,
你会为赢官司而放弃道德
and right now I'm not in my ivory tower,
而我现在不在象牙塔里
and I need a win.
我需要赢官司
I knew it.
我就知道
You're just like everybody else.
你跟别人没什么两样
The ends don't justify the means
不择手段是卑劣的
until it's your ass on the line.
除非是你自己有危险
Do you think I like asking you for help?
你以为我喜欢向你求助吗
I think this Liberty Rail thing must have you by the balls.
我觉得自由铁路公司的事一定要你命了
So you know.
你知道了
I know after their train derailed,
我知道他家火车脱轨后
you were appointed to assess the victims' compensation formula,
你被指派去估计受害者赔付金额
and I know after you did,
我知道在此之后
some of those victims hired a lawyer
有部分受害人雇了律师
and opened an investigation.
展开了调查
Then you also know they found nothing.
那你也知道他们什么都没发现
Then the question is, why are you here?
那问题是,你为什么要来
The TSA found $25,000 in my luggage
我宣布改变赔付金额估计那天
the day I announced I was changing the formula.
运输安全管理局在我的行李里找到了两万五千块
So now you're being accused of accepting a bribe.
现在你被指控受贿了
Which I did not do.
但我没受贿
Well, good luck proving that, Professor,
祝你能证明这一点,教授
because it won't be with my help.
因为我不会帮你的
I was wrong about you, Mr. Specter.
我看错你了,斯佩克特先生
I never thought that you wouldn't represent somebody
我没想到你会因为你不喜欢客户
just because you didn't like them.
而拒绝代理
Well, you're wrong again.
那你又错了
I don't like you, but I'm not representing you
我不喜欢你,但我之所以不接你的案子
because you did something shady,
是因为你做了些见不得光的事
and I'm not screwing over crash victims
我不愿为了博你喜欢
for the likes of you.
而去折磨那些受害者
You know I didn't do this.
你知道我没有做那种事
What I know is you showed yourself in.
我所知道的是你自己跑过来的
You can show yourself out.
现在你也可以自己出去
Hey, I didn't want to say anything
我不想在吉拉德面前说什么
in front of Gerard, but has it occurred to you
但你有没有想过
that you're an idiot if you don't take this case?
如果你不接这个案子你就是个傻瓜
Last year, you were shitting yourself
去年,你怕他发现你的事
he'd find out about you,
怕到都要尿裤子了
and now you think we should work with him?
现在你确认为我们应该跟他合作
No, I wasn't worried he'd find out.
不,我当时不是担心他发现
I was worried about Louis.
而是担心路易发现
Gerard didn't bat an eye at me back then,
吉拉德那时都没有正眼看我一下
and he didn't just now.
现在也不会
But we get him out of this
但如果我们帮他拜托了困境
and he ever does find out about me,
如果他以后发现我的事
he's gonna owe us.
他会欠我们一个人情
Mike, that man is never gonna compromise his ethics
迈克,那个人绝不会因为我们帮他脱困
just because we got him out of a jam.
就做些道德上的妥协
Never gonna compromise his ethics?
绝不会做道德上的妥协
You just said he took a bribe.
你刚说他接受了贿赂
So what does that have to do with anything?
那跟这些有什么关系呢
It has everything to do with everything
这其中的关系很大
because you don't think he did it.
因为你认为他没有那样做
So what? So what?
那又怎样,那又怎样
That means you're not turning him down
那说明你拒绝他根本不是因为
because you think he's shady.
你认为他是个见不得光的小人
You're...
You're turning him down because you have
你拒绝他是因为
a Henry Gerardsized chip on your shoulder.
你对亨利·吉拉德还有怨气
I do not have a chip on my shoulder.
我没有怨气
You sure sound like you do,
听起来像有
which makes you worse than an idiot.
这把你变得比傻瓜还糟
It makes you a jackass.
你就是个蠢货
Excuse me? You heard me.
你说什么,你听到了
You know that he divided that money fairly,
你知道他分配赔偿金很公平
which means that you're just
这意味着你只是
I don't care what it means,
我不在乎这意味着什么
and I don't need a lecture from you.
我也不需要你的说教
Apparently you do,
显然你很需要
because you're about to screw over
因为你差点就要为了
a bunch of innocent people
跟某个伤害过你感情的人较劲
just to stick it to some guy who hurt your feelings.
而危害很多无辜人的生活
That's not something I ever thought
我从来没想过会对你
I'd be saying to you.
说出这种话
Look who it is,
看看这是谁啊
the woman who put me in my place.
一个成就现在的我的女人
What now?
又怎么了
You want me to sign a piece of paper
你想让我再签个什么文件
admitting that I was the man on the grassy knoll?
承认我就是那个坐在草堆上的守望者吗
I meant what I said at the ceremony, Louis.
庆典上的话我都是发自肺腑的,路易
You mean the ceremony that you only had
你是说那个为了糊弄我
in order to trick me?
才搞的庆典吗
I had it because you demanded it,
我举办庆典是因为你要求了
but I'm not here to talk about that.
但我来不是谈那事的
I'm here to talk about Jeff Malone.
我来是想谈谈杰夫·马龙
What about him?
他怎么了
You may be aware that he and I are
你也许发现了他和我
Fifty Shades of Grey? I'm aware.
五十度灰吗,我发现了
I'm gonna let that go
这话我不跟你计较
because you may also not be aware
因为你也许不知道
that I had to lie to him.
我必须要对他撒谎
He doesn't know about Mike, does he?
他不知道迈克的事,对吧
No.
不知道
But he does know you committed a crime
但他知道你犯了罪
and that you resigned
然后辞了职
and now your name is up on the wall.
但现在你的名字高高的挂在了墙上
What'd you tell him?
你怎么跟他说的
I told him you found out
我告诉他你发现了
that I covered up Daniel Hardman's embezzlement
我隐瞒了丹尼尔·哈德曼挪用公款的事
and that you used it to strongarm me.
然后用这件事要挟我
And now you want me to protect another one of your secrets.
然后你现在想让我保守你的另一个秘密
It's the same secret, Louis,
是同样的秘密,路易
and you have just as much invested in it as I do.
你跟我深陷的程度是一样的
No, I don't, because I don't care
不,不是,因为我不在乎
if your relationship with Jeff survives or not.
你和杰夫的关系能不能维持下去
What do you want, Louis?
你想怎么样,路易
I want something for continuing to cover your ass.
我想要长期帮你保守秘密的好处
You got something. You got your name on the wall.
你已经得了好处,你的名字挂在墙上了
Now I want the respect that comes with it.
现在我想要与之匹配的尊重
Meaning?
意思是
I want one of Harvey's clients.
我想要哈维的一个客户
Which one?
哪一个
That's between me and Harvey.
那是我和哈维之间的事
Okay.
好吧
I agreed to meet.
我同意见面
I hope it's not just so you can tell me
我希望你不只是要再强调一遍
more about what a horrible person I am.
我是一个多糟糕的人
I came here to tell you that I changed my mind.
我来是要告诉你我改变了主意
So you admitted to yourself that I didn't do this?
所以你自己也承认了我没有做
I've admitted to myself that you came to me
我承认了你来找我
because this case needs rulebending,
是因为这个案子不能循规蹈矩
and you're gonna tell me why right now.
并且你马上就要告诉我这其中的原因
The money.
那笔钱
Yes, the money.
是的,那笔钱
If you weren't bribed,
如果你没有受贿
where the hell did you get that $25,000 from?
那你是从哪里得来的那两万五千块
You know where it came from.
你知道那是从哪里来的
It's the same thing you tried to
和你去年用来勒索我的
use to blackmail me last year.
事情是一样的
Let me get this straight.
让我把事情理一理
You have an explanation for the money
你这笔钱的来源
that would get you out of this whole thing.
有一个完美的解释
But I can't use it.
但我却不能用
Where are you going?
你要去哪
To get you out of this.
去帮你摆脱麻烦
Welcome to the real world, Professor.
欢迎来到现实世界,教授
I need you to find out everything you can on Garrett Brady.
我需要你帮我收集有关加勒特·布雷迪的一切消息
Absolutely. Who's Garrett Brady?
没问题,谁是加勒特·布雷迪
The guy on the other side of Gerard's suit.
吉拉德案子的另一方
Wait a second.
等等
Does this mean you took his case?
这是不是意味着你接了他的案子
You know that means I took his case,
你知道这意味着我接了他的案子
and I don't want to hear any gloating.
我也不想听到任何的沾沾自喜了
Gloating? No, no, no, no, no.
沾沾自喜,没有,没有
I'm not I'm not gloating.
我没有,我没有沾沾自喜
I'm merely recognizing the fact that
我只是意识到
you completely changed your mind
你彻底改变主意
based entirely on what I said.
完全是因为我的劝说
Which is gloating. "Potayto," "Potahto."
这就是沾沾自喜,算一个意思吧
But as long as you're gonna think of it that way,
但鉴于你还是会照自己方式想问题
I might as well point out
所以我还要指出
that since you listened to my lecture,
因为你听取了我的教诲
maybe you should start calling me Professor.
所以也许你该称我为,教授
I'm gonna start calling you unemployed
如果你想不出吉拉德不在场证明之外的办法
if you don't figure out a way around using Gerard's alibi.
我就要称你为失业者了
Wait, we can't say where the money came from?
等等,我们不能说出钱的来源吗
No, we can't, because he was playing backroom poker,
不能,因为他是玩底下扑克赢来的
and if that comes out, Harvard fires him.
如果被发现,哈佛会炒了他
Are you kidding me?
不是开玩笑吧
He's an ethics professor, and he's breaking the law?
他是伦理学教授,却破坏法律
Where the hell do you think my chip comes from?
你以为我的压力是哪来的
Well, if we can't use his alibi,
如果我们不能用本有的辩护
how are we supposed to get him out of this?
又怎么帮他摆脱官司呢
I don't know, Professor,
我不知道,教授
but you're the one who wanted us to take this case,
但是,是你要我们接手这个案子的
so why don't you use that big brain of yours
所以为什么不好好利用你硕大的头脑
and find a solution?
想出解决办法呢
You're giving me Henry Gerard.
把亨利·吉拉德的案子给我
What?
什么
I saw him. I want him.
我看到他了,我要他
You got him. He's mine.
你接了他的委托,把他给我
That's not the way it works, Louis.
这样做可行不通,路易
I'm afraid you'll have to find yourself another boyfriend.
你恐怕得另找一个男朋友
Oh, this is exactly how it works.
这样做必须行得通
You talked to Jessica, didn't you?
你去跟杰西卡谈过了,是不是
Sure did, and she used me to cover her ass,
当然,她利用我给自己擦屁股
so I get one of your clients in return.
所以我要你的一个客户作为回报
You want one of my clients, we can talk about that,
你要我的一个客户,这个可以谈
but Gerard's staying with me.
但是吉拉德不能给你
Please, don't pretend
得了,别装得好像
like you actually care about him.
自己真心在乎他
He can't even stand you.
他甚至都忍不了你
Louis, I just offered to consider giving you
路易,我已经说了要考虑给你
one of my clients,
我的一位客户
so I suggest you let Gerard go.
你就放过吉拉德吧
No, I'm not letting anything go,
不,我不放过任何人
because it doesn't make any sense.
因为没道理那么做
Not only can't he stand you.
他不但忍不了你
He doesn't respect you because he's got things...
还很不尊敬你,因为他...
What did you just say to me?
你刚才说什么
I said he doesn't respect you.
我说他并不尊敬你
Well, you know what?
猜怎么的
He definitely doesn't respect you,
他也绝对不会尊敬你
because when he told me he needed a lawyer,
因为他跟我说,他需要律师的时候
I tried to send him your way,
我试图把他推给你
and his exact words were,
而他说
"I don't want Louis. I want you."
"我不要路易,我要你"
Fine.
很好
Then I'll just take another one of your clients.
那就给我另一个客户吧
You're not taking a thing. You just said that I could...
你什么也得不到,你刚刚说...
Look, I don't give a shit what I just said, okay?
我不在乎刚才说过什么
My clients are my clients.
我的客户就是我的客户
And you don't get out of my office
如果你不在三秒钟内
in the next three seconds,
离开我的办公室
something's gonna happen between you and me,
你我之间一定有事发生
and I guarantee it won't end with you
而且我保证,此事一旦发生
keeping all of your teeth.
你的牙肯定保不全
No.
Just turn around and walk right back out that door.
回去,别进来
Harvey. Did you hear what I said?
哈维,你听到我说的了吗
I did, but apparently, you didn't hear
听到了,但显然你没听到
what Jessica said about wiping the slate clean.
杰西卡所说的息事宁人
And apparently, you didn't hear what I said,
显然,你也没听到我说了什么
because I just told Louis he could have one of my clients.
因为我刚才跟路易说,可以给他一位客户
And three seconds later, you told him he couldn't.
三秒之后你又跟他说不行
because I realized that
因为我意识到
I'm paying for Jessica's mistake.
我是在为杰西卡的错误买单
No, Harvey, you were willing to pay for her mistake
不,哈维,是你愿意为她买单的
right up until Louis said Gerard doesn't respect you.
直到路易说吉拉德不尊敬你
Oh, that has nothing to do with it.
跟那个没关系
You can lie to yourself all you want,
你可以自欺欺人
but I'm not gonna let you bullshit me.
但我才不会让你糊弄我
What the hell are you talking about?
你在说什么鬼话
Henry Gerard is the one person you respect
亨利·吉拉德是你尊敬的人之一
who never respected you, and Louis touched that nerve.
而他却不尊敬你,路易碰到了你这根敏感神经
And I told you that has nothing to do with it.
我说了,跟那个没关系
You really think that?
你真心这么想吗
I don't think it. I know it.
不是这么想,就是这么回事
Then you know what, Harvey?
这么说来,哈维
You're no different than Louis,
你跟路易没区别
because you have a chance to help us all move on,
因为你本来有机会帮我们渡过难关
and you are blowing it off out of pettiness,
而你却因为一点小事毁了一切
which is exactly what Louis would do.
路易就是这种人
What do you want from me, Donna?
你要我怎么做,唐娜
I want you to be a grownup
我要你成熟点
and do what you said you'd do in the first place.
做你承诺要做的事
You got something?
有进展吗
Yeah, we've been overlooking the obvious.
是的,我们忽略了最明显的事
Yeah, I'm not in the mood for 20 questions.
别让我一个接一个问问题
Give it to me.
赶紧直说
Unless you're traveling internationally and don't report it,
除非你在不上报的情况下出国
carrying cash on board a plane
否则带现金上飞机
isn't a crime.
不算犯罪
Great, except for the fact
很好,但事实是
that Gerard's not being charged with smuggling.
吉拉德没有被指控走私
He's being sued.
而是被起诉了
Right, but my point is,
没错,但我想说的是
how did Garrett Brady even find that out?
加勒特·布雷迪是怎么发现的呢
Well, he found out because Gerard
他发现了,是因为吉拉德
was detained by the TSA.
被运输安全管理局扣住了
Who talked to him for five minutes
运安局只跟他谈了五分钟
and then sent him on his way.
然后就放他走了
Those searches aren't a matter of public record.
这种调查根本不会被记录在案
Exactly. Holy shit.
没错,该死
Brady bribed the T.S.A..
布雷迪贿赂了运安局
Which isn't only illegal.
这不仅违法
It makes that report totally inadmissible.
而且能让那份报告被驳回
You figured this out on your own?
是你自己想出的这个办法吗
Well, I would've done it faster,
我本可以更快搞定的
but I had to order some sushi.
可是我实在想先点份寿司吃
"Would've done it faster."
"本可以更快搞定"
That's what you said your first week here,
你第一周来上班就是这么说的
except it was pizza instead of sushi.
只不过最后说的是匹萨,不是寿司
Yeah, I'm growing.
是的,我成长了
You mean Rachel taught you how to eat.
你是说,瑞秋教会了你什么叫吃东西
Like I said, I'm growing.
我说了,我成长了
Hey, Donna, I'm a little busy at the moment.
唐娜,我现在很忙
Too busy to take on this?
忙得顾不上接这个吗
What's that?
那是什么
Just the first client that Jessica gave Harvey
只不过是哈维当上冠名合伙人以后
when he made name partner.
杰西卡给他的第一个委托人
Harvey said he wouldn't let me have any of his clients.
哈维说他不会给我任何委托人的
No. He said he would.
不,他说会给你
But then instead of taking him up on it,
可随后你不仅不接受
you went ahead and shit on his feelings.
还伤了他的感情
Please. Harvey doesn't have feelings.
拜托,哈维根本没有感情
That's not true, and you know it.
这不是真的,你明明知道
And you of all people should know that a person
而且你应该最清楚人在伤心的时候
can overreact when they're hurt.
会反应过度
If you're referring to me,
如果你在含沙射影地说我
I do not overreact when
我可没有反应过度...
Okay, whatever you say, FattyBaldy.
随便你,胖子神探
Okay, get the hell out of my office and
够了,从我办公室滚出去...
Fine, you have a small, legitimate point.
好吧,你说得稍微有那么一点小道理
I really hurt his feelings?
我真的伤到他的感情了吗
Yeah, you really did.
是的,千真万确
But then he realized he was overreacting
但然后他意识到他反应过度了
and that this was a chance for us all
他意识到这是一个能让我们大家
to get back to where we were.
重归旧好的机会
You swear that is the first client
你能发誓那是他当上冠名合伙人之后
that Jessica gave him after me made name partner?
杰西卡给他的第一个委托人吗
I swear.
我发誓
Leave me the file.
把档案给我吧
You two go ahead. I haven't decided yet.
你们两个先点吧,我还没想好
Actually, we're not here for the falafel.
实际上我们不是来吃法拉费的
We're here to introduce ourselves.
我们来向你自我介绍
Mike Ross.
迈克·罗斯
Harvey Specter.
哈维·斯佩克特
We represent Henry Gerard.
我们为亨利·吉拉德辩护
Well, in that case, let me buy you two lunch,
这样的话那还是让我请你们吃午饭吧
because I'm about to come into an unexpected windfall.
因为我马上要赢一场出乎意料的大官司了
Well, I guess that's your thing
看来你经常这样啊
paying people off.
贿赂别人
I hope the TSA got more than some shitty falafel.
我希望你贿赂运管局用的不是劣质法拉费
What the hell are you talking about?
你们到底在说什么
I'm talking about this.
我在说这个
Bribery?
行贿
Ironic, isn't it?
多讽刺啊,不是吗
You suing Professor Gerard for accepting a bribe
你因为受贿而起诉吉拉德教授
when you're the one paying off federal employees.
结果你才是向联邦雇员行贿的那个人
Allegedly paying, Counselor.
仅是被指控行贿,律师
You don't want to slander me.
小心起诉你们诽谤哦
So you admit it. I don't admit a thing.
所以你承认了,我什么都没承认
Your client sold out victims of a train derailment.
你们的委托人从火车出轨受害人身上牟利
He's going to pay.
他必须付出代价
You may not be willing to admit anything here,
你现在可能不愿意承认任何事
but you'll have to in front of the judge.
但到了法官面前你就得承认了
Because I've drafted subpoenas
因为我准备申请传唤
for every TSA employee on duty that night.
那晚当班的所有运管局雇员
Drop the case, Mr. Brady.
撤诉吧,布雷迪先生
Are you threatening me?
你们这是在威胁我吗
No, we're informing you.
不,我们只是告知你
Well, let me inform you.
那让我来告知你们
In case you forgot, the TSA falls
希望你们没忘记,运管局
under the Department of Homeland Security,
归属国土安全部管辖
which makes this a national security issue.
因此这属于国家安全问题
This has nothing to do
这跟国家安全
with national security, and you know it.
一毛钱关系都没有,你心知肚明
All I know is the government found
我只知道政府在一位乘客身上
a large sum of cash on a passenger.
发现了大量现金
Now, how they came to know that,
至于他们是怎么知道的
how they proceeded to investigate that,
他们接下来怎么调查的
or what they did with that information
或者他们拿这一消息怎么办
is the government's business.
都是政府的事
And that's what you're going with?
你就打算拿这个当挡箭牌吗
That's not what I'm going with.
不是我打算拿这个当挡箭牌
That's what they're going to go with.
而是他们会拿这个当挡箭牌
So you can call up as many TSA agents as you like,
所以随便你们传唤多少运管局探员
but they're not gonna be saying a thing.
他们一个字都不会说的
And you can buy your own damn falafel.
你们还是自己买法拉费吧
I need Cutie Pie Cosmetics.
我需要魅力派美妆的资料
You want to try that again?
你又想来找茬吗
I have a meeting with Joan Walsh tonight,
我今晚要和琼·沃尔什见面
and I need her files.
我需要她的档案
Joan is Harvey's client.
琼是哈维的委托人
Not anymore. Since when?
不再是了,从什么时候开始
Since it doesn't matter,
从什么时候开始不重要
because I'm name partner,
我可是冠名合伙人
which means when I say I need something,
这就意味着我说我需要什么
your response should either be,
你的回答应该是
"How high?" or "Can I have another?"
"要多少"或者"还需要别的吗"
Fine.
好吧
There are a few things that you should know
你需要知道几件事...
You see, what I know is
我需要知道就是
your boss seems to think
你老板以为
all it takes to impress Joan Walsh
只要让唐娜安排一顿上等的晚餐
is getting Donna to make a fancy dinner reservation,
就能打动琼·沃尔什
but I'm going to impress her with so much legal domination
而我却会用我超凡的法律能力打动她
that by the end of the night,
等今天晚上结束的时候
all she's gonna be able to say is,
她压根不会记得
"Harvey Specter who?"
哈维·斯佩克特是老几
Okay, that's a mistake A mistake?
好,这就是一个错误... 错误吗
Oh, I get it.
我明白了
You're trying to impress me
你是想用你的法律能力
with your legal domination
来打动我
to prove that you're not just a paralegal
证明你不是小小的律师助理
but an associate.
而是名合格的律师
No, Louis. I'm
不是的,路易,我...
See, I don't care what you call yourself.
听着,我根本不关心你怎么看自己
So unless you did such a shitty job,
所以除非你糟糕到
the files are unreadable,
把那份档案写得狗屁不通
hand 'em over to me right now.
否则就赶紧交给我
That's more like it.
这样才像话
What's this?
这是什么
I know you have to work tonight,
我知道你今晚需要工作
but you also need to eat.
但你也需要吃东西
I wouldn't call this just eating.
这可不只是吃东西
Well, you deserve better than paper plates.
一次性盘子可配不上你
I don't mind paper plates.
我不介意一次性盘子啊
Oh, I know you don't.
我知道你不介意
I just said you deserve better.
我只是说它配不上你
Is that Ropa Vieja?
这是炖牛肉吗
I made it myself.
我亲手做的
Which means you got it at the Cuban place
也就是说你是从四十街和莱克斯街交叉口
that I love on 40th and Lex.
那家我最喜欢的古巴餐厅买来的
By myself.
亲手买来
What did I do to deserve this?
我干了什么获此殊荣
I don't know.
我不知道
I'm just...
我只是...
feeling closer.
觉得咱俩关系进了一步
Because I confided in you.
因为我信赖你
Because the walls are coming down,
因为你的心防正在坍塌
and I can feel it.
我感觉得到
What did I do to deserve you?
我何德何能拥有你
Well, we can talk about that
我们可以边吃这顿
over this delicious meal that I made all by myself.
全部由我烹制的晚餐,边谈这件事
To us.
敬我们
And then I said, "Helen,
然后我说, "海伦
that's no Pomeranian.
那不是纯种博美犬
That's a Pomimo.
而是混血博美
You've been had."
你上当啦"
That is hilarious.
太搞笑了
Really, dogs, they are
真的,狗狗啊,它们...
they are so fascinating.
它们真是太迷人了
Do you have many dogs, Louis?
你养了很多狗吗,路易
Hell, no.
才没有
Building regulations it's a cluster of fff...
因为楼规不让养,真是群混...
I've been fighting them for years.
我和他们斗争好多年了
Oh, that's horrible. Yes.
太可怕了,是啊
As is what's going on with your stock.
说到你股票现在的状况
Louis, we're having dinner.
路易,我们在吃晚饭呢
Put that away. No, no, no.
把那玩意拿开,不不不
But I just thought you'd be interested to know that
我只是想着你可能会有兴趣知道
we could skyrocket the share price
我们可以让股价飙升
Right now what I'm interested in
现在,我只对
is having another Manhattan
再点一杯曼哈顿鸡尾酒
and hearing what's on the dessert list.
以及听听甜品单上有什么感兴趣
You don't need a list. Get the Crème br?lée.
你不需要看单子,点法国焦糖蛋奶冻就好
Now, this stock issue, I have
现在,这个股票问题,我有...
Fax the papers to my office,
把文件传真到我办公室
and I'll review them when I get home.
然后等我回家了再看
When you get home?
等回家再看
What the ff...
搞什么...
What the hell did we come to dinner for, then?
那我们到底是为什么出来用晚餐
For this.
为了这个啊
What this?
"这个"指什么
This.
这个
Okay.
好吧
I don't know how Harvey handled these quarterly reviews,
我不知道哈维是如何处理这些季度报告的
but I Oh, Harvey...
但是我... 哈维...
was magnificent.
他真是太棒了
Truth be told, I was a little disappointed
老实说,当我听说将由你来代替他
when I heard that you'd be handling this
处理这件事时
instead of him,
我有点失望
but I haven't seen your chacha yet,
但我还没看过你跳恰恰舞呢
so the jury's still out.
所以尚未有定论
That was a lawyer joke.
这是个律师笑话
Yep. Got it.
是的,我听明白了
Yep.
没错
Listen, Joan,
听着,琼
I think you're gonna be really glad
我觉得你真的会很庆幸
that it was me here tonight,
今晚在这里的是我
because I already sent a letter to your board.
因为我已经送了封信给你的董事会了
And I You did what?
然后我... 你干了什么
I notified them of this.
我通知了他们这件事
That's
那就是...
what I'm trying to tell you.
我一直试图告诉你的事
Why the hell would you do something so patently stupid?
你为什么要做这种显而易见的蠢事
Stupid?
Hey, I didn't become name partner being stupid.
我可不是靠卖蠢当上冠名合伙人的
Didn't you?
不是吗
Two members of my board
董事会中的两名成员
are about to reach their term limits.
马上就要到任期年限了
At least one is being circled by Glamour Cosmetics.
其中至少有一人已被魅力美妆公司选定了
You have just notified that person of a product
你刚刚把一个我研发了数年的产品
that I've had in R & D for years,
告诉了那个人
and now they can trade information
而如今他们可以拿这个信息到我最大的
for a seat on the board of my biggest competitor.
竞争对手那里去换取董事会席位了
Joan, I didn't know
琼,我不知道...
Tell me, Mr. Litt,
告诉我,利特先生
did you actually graduate from law school,
你真的是从法学院毕业的吗
or did you just buy your way onto the letterhead?
还是花钱买的文凭
Yeah, you better put that bag down,
你最好把包放下
because we're staying all night.
因为我们整晚都要待在这里了
Didn't go well with Joan, did it?
琼的事情进行的不顺利,是吧
No, it didn't, because you sandbagged me.
是不顺利,因为你拖了我后腿
I didn't sandbag you.
我没有拖你后腿
Well, then what do you call not telling me
那你怎么称呼"没告诉我
that Glamour was circling her board members?
魅力美妆在挖她董事会成员"这一行为
I tried to tell you,
我试着告诉你来着
but you couldn't hear me through all of your rage.
但是你在狂怒之下什么也听不进去
What I'm not hearing
我现在没听见的
is the sound of you putting your bag down,
是你把包包放下的声音
because the board members are meeting tomorrow afternoon,
因为明天下午董事会成员就要开会了
and I only have until then to fix this.
而我必须在那之前补救这件事
And you want me to help you?
你是想要我帮你吗
You're the associate on this case, aren't you?
你是这个案子的律师,不是吗
So now I'm an associate? Hey, you know what?
现在我又成律师了,你猜怎么着
Now is not the time to get into it.
现在不是讨论这个的好时候
No, now is exactly the time to get into it,
不,现在恰恰是讨论这个的好时候
because you have taken every opportunity possible
因为你抓住每一个机会
to make me feel like I am nothing,
让我觉得自己一无是处
and now, even though you want something,
而如今,就算你有求于我
you're still treating me like I'm nothing.
你还是不把我当回事
I'm treating you like every other associate.
我对你和对其他每一个律师没什么不同
That is bullshit, and you know what?
放屁,你猜怎么着
Even if it were true,
就算真是这样
you didn't used to treat me that way.
你以前不是这样对我的
I didn't used to know you lied to me on a daily basis.
那是因为我以前不知道你每天都在欺骗我
Louis, it would serve you right
路易,假如我拿上包走人
if I take my bag and leave you here
回家到我爱的人身边,留你一人在这里
and go home to the man that I love.
也是你活该
So you're not gonna help.
所以你是不打算帮忙了
No, I'm gonna help you,
不,我会帮你的
but not because you deserve it.
但不是因为你理应得到我的帮助
I'll do it because I am an associate,
我会帮你,是因为我是一名律师
and I am a professional,
而且我是专业的
which means I am capable
这意味着为了做好我的工作
of putting the personal aside in order to do my job.
我能够将私人情感放在一边
And one of those, please.
麻烦再要一个那个
Just what I was in the mood for.
我正好想要来一个
Ah, you're getting a bagel.
你要买百吉饼
That means you kicked ass.
那意味着你成功了
Which I did.
的确如此
You called up the TSA,
你是打了电话给运管局
busted up their national security defense?
攻破了他们国家安全级别的防线吗
No, I used their defense.
不,我利用了他们的防线
Gerard's gonna testify under seal
吉拉德会在保密的情况下作证
because it's a matter of national security.
因为这事关国家安全
And the Judge bought that?
法官会信吗
What's not to buy?
当然会信了
The TSA made the argument for us.
运管局为我们铺好了路
And what did Brady say?
布雷迪怎么说
That's the best part about it.
这是最精彩的部分
He doesn't even know it.
他完全不知情
It's a matter of national security.
因为事关国家安全
We testify under seal,
我们在保密情况下作证
the Judge realizes that Gerard is a degenerate gambler...
法官意识到吉拉德是个堕落的赌徒
But a fair mediator.
但也能当个调解员
The case gets dismissed, and Garrett Brady
这个案子被驳回,加勒特·布雷迪
and Harvard Law never know it happened.
和哈佛法学院根本不会知道这件事
You thought of all of that on your own?
这都是你想出来的
You think you're the only one who can come up
你以为只有你能想出一个
with an intelligent solution?
聪明的解决办法吗
You are 1 for 400
我们共事这么久
in the time we've worked together.
四百个案子里你也就能想出一个
Okay, smart guy, since I did your job for you,
好了,聪明人,既然我替你干了你的活
you're gonna do my job for me.
你就得帮我做我的
You want me to prep Gerard
你想让我帮吉拉德做取证预演
because you don't want to sit in a room
因为你不想跟他共处一室
and listen to him talk for two hours.
听他唠叨两个小时
I didn't want to 15 years ago,
十五年前我就我不想
and I don't want to now.
现在更不想
We only get one shot at this,
我们只有一次机会
and his testimony better be rock solid.
他的证词一定要无懈可击
Thanks.
谢了
Oh, yeah, sure, help yourself!
拿走吧,别客气
Dick.
混蛋
I see you haven't slept.
你一宿没睡啊
I have a lot of work that needs attending to.
我要处理的事太多了
I bet you do, considering the phone call
我猜也是,鉴于今天早上
I got from Joan Walsh this morning.
我接到了琼·沃尔什的电话
She called you?
她给你打电话了
She wanted to know what the other name partners
她想知道某位冠名合伙人浑水摸鱼的事
were going to do about the one that screwed the pooch.
另一位冠名合伙人要怎么处理
Oh, come on, that is not fair.
得了吧,这不公平
I didn't have all the information
我没拿到所有的信息...
You had enough information
你倒是有足够的信息
to make a deal to get her from Harvey,
跟她谈条件,把她从哈维手里抢过来
and part of that deal was you backing me with Jeff.
条件当中还包括瞒着我和杰夫
Oh, so that's why you're here.
你是因为这个才来的
You don't trust I'm still gonna do it?
你不相信我能搞定
Because you haven't done it yet,
因为你到现在都没搞定
and you have a history of making poor decisions
而且事情没按你的设想发展的时候
when things aren't going your way.
你不止一次做出错误决定了
The only poor decision I've made is agreeing
我唯一的错误决定就是同意
to cover for you in the first place.
帮你隐瞒真相
You didn't think that was such a bad idea
你用这件事当把柄为自己谋利的时候
when you were using it to get what you wanted.
你也没觉得有什么不好啊
And now you're threatening to take that thing away.
现在你在威胁我夺走我的成果吗
Louis, you want to keep Joan,
路易,你想留住琼
that's on you,
那是你的事
but I held up my end of the bargain.
但我在履行我们的交易
You better hold up yours.
你最好别玩砸了
I just want to go over it one more time, Professor.
我只是想在回顾一遍,教授
How much money was in that pot?
赌注有多少钱
I'm tried of going over it.
我已经回顾烦了
Why do we have to keep replaying
为什么我们非得一遍又一遍地
every moment of this game?
从头回想呢
Because your entire case depends on it.
因为它是整个案子的关键
My case depends on the fact that I won that money gambling,
我的案子取决于那些钱是我赌博赢的
not whether I won it with a flush.
我是不是用同花赢得很重要吗
Your case depends on the judge believing you,
案子想获胜的关键是法官相信你的话
and if he finds any holes in your testimony, then we
如果他在你的证词里找出任何漏洞,那我们
I gave you the names of everyone I knew at that game.
我把赌桌上所有人的名字告诉你
But none of those men were there when you won that money.
但你赢得那些钱的时候他们都不在
I can't help it if I didn't get the name of the guy I beat.
我不知道手下败将的名字,我也没办法
Which is why your story needs to be rock solid.
所以你的故事必须无懈可击
Okay.
好吧
Go ahead.
继续吧
So I ask you again, Professor,
所以我再问你一遍,教授
how much money was in the final pot?
最终局的赌注有多少钱
Roughly $12,000.
大约一万二
And you won that hand.
然后你赢了
As I said before, I won,
就像我说过的,我赢了
and then I cashed out.
然后我将筹码兑现
And what did you have again?
你的牌是什么来着
A queenhigh flush.
Q同花
And who did you beat?
输家是谁
I told you, I didn't get his name.
我说过了,我不知道他的名字
Okay, so what did he have?
那他的牌是什么
Two pair, queens over sixes.
Q和6的双对
Wait a second.
等一下
You said before that the man next to you
你之前说你旁边的人
folded with two queens up,
手里有两个Q
and now this guy has two queens,
现在这人手里又有两个Q
and you had a queenhigh flush?
你还是个Q同花
I said that the man next to me
我之前说我旁边的人
folded with two kings.
手里是两张K
No, you didn't.
不,你不是这么说的
You heard me wrong.
你听错了
No, I didn't.
我没听错
Is this part of prepping me,
这是预演的一部分
or are you accusing me of something?
还是你在指控我
I'm trying to get your story to line up.
我在帮你把故事捋顺
My story does line up. Not to me, it doesn't.
我的故事没问题,我觉得有问题
Look, young man, if you're gonna sit over there
年轻人,如果你坐在这
and call me a liar
说我是骗子
I'm not calling you a liar,
我没说你是骗子
but if you say tomorrow what you said today,
但如果你明天照今天这么说
we're gonna be in a lot of trouble,
我们的麻烦就大了
because where I come from,
因为据我所知
there are only four queens in a deck.
一副扑克只有四张Q
I said two kings,
我说的是两张K
and I'm gonna say that again tomorrow.
我明天也会这么说
So you do your job,
做好你的工作
and I'm gonna do mine.
我也会做好我的
He's lying.
他在撒谎
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Gerard's story about winning all that money
吉拉德那个打扑克赢钱的故事
playing poker is bullshit.
纯属一派胡言
All right, slow down. What the hell happened?
好吧,慢点说,到底发生了什么
I did the math, and the hands don't add up.
我算过了,玩家手里的牌对不上
What do you mean you did the math?
什么叫你算过了
I mean first he said that he drew a queen on fourth street,
他先是说第四张牌抓到的是Q
and then when I pressed him about it, he
之后我跟他确认的时候...
Wait a second.
等一下
This conclusion is based on him recalling hands
你这结论是根据他在盘问时
under crossexamination?
他回忆的牌得出的
Harvey, I got kicked out
哈维,我在大西洋城
of Atlantic City for counting cards.
因为算牌被赶出去过
I know this shit.
我了解这种把戏
It doesn't mean he's lying.
那也不能说明他撒谎了
I got a little experience with that too,
我对这种情况也有点经验
and I'm telling you, he was.
我告诉你,他撒谎了
Or maybe he's tired. Or maybe I'm right.
或许他只是累了,或者我猜对了
Or maybe you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
或者你根本不知道你在说什么
Why are you defending him?
为什么你总是维护他
Because you asked me to.
是你叫我替他辩护的
Look, Harvey,
哈维
I'm not saying that he took a bribe.
我没说他受贿了
I'm just saying that he didn't get that money playing poker.
我只想说他那笔钱不是玩牌得来的
Well, unless he admitted that, he's testifying tomorrow.
除非他承认了,否则明天还得出庭作证
Since when do you stick your head in the sand?
你从什么时候开始成了鸵鸟
Did he admit it? No, he didn't.
他承认了吗,没有
But he screwed up the details, and he shouldn't have,
但他什么细节都对不上,这不应该
because people who are telling the truth get it right.
如果说的是真话,可不会这样
And you know it.
你心里也清楚
What's that?
那是什么
Jacks full of fours.
对J三张四,满堂彩
I can see that, but why
我知道,但为什么...
Why is it staring you in the face?
为什么把它们摆在你面前吗
It's what I threw down the last time I won a huge hand.
我上回就靠这一手赚了一大笔
It was six weeks ago, and I can remember every hand
那是六个礼拜前,我还能记得
that every player at that table had.
那张桌上每一个玩家的每一手牌
Now, if you won money the other night,
如果你那天晚上赢钱了
you'd remember it too.
你也会记得的
I do remember,
我记得啊
and as I explained to your associate
就像我跟你的律师说的...
Yeah, stop bullshitting me.
够了,别糊弄我了
Where the hell did that money really come from?
那笔钱究竟是从哪里来的
'Cause if you don't tell me the truth,
如果你不说真话
I'm canceling that hearing right now.
我就取消明天的听证会
It came...
钱是从...
from a student of mine.
我一个学生那儿来的
For what?
做什么用
In exchange for changing his grade.
让我帮他改成绩
Jesus Christ. For $25,000?
我的天,要两万五
He was going to fail my class,
他就要挂了我这门课
and that would've stopped him from getting an offer from
这会影响一些公司录取他...
You goddamn hypocrite.
你这个伪君子
You preach about ethics, and you do this?
你满嘴道德伦理却做出这种事
This is about ethics.
这与道德伦理有关
And you don't have any idea why I did it.
你根本不知道我为何如此
I don't care why you did it.
我才不在意你的动机
I care about what you're making me do,
我只关心你让我做了什么
because I am not suborning perjury.
我是不会去做伪证的
Well, you tell me that you've never done anything worse.
你敢说没做过比这更过分的事吗
I knew it.
我就知道
You would do it for someone else...
如果是其他人你就帮了这个忙
but not for me.
但就是不会帮我
You know what, Professor?
你知道吗,教授
There's a small part of me that actually thought
其实我内心还是有一点点指望
that you came to me because you thought I'm the best,
你觉得我是最好的律师才来找我
but you just think I'll do whatever it takes to win.
但你竟然以为我会为了赢不择手段
Isn't that what makes you the best?
不就是这样你才是最厉害的律师吗
Get someone else to do your dirty work,
找其他人替你做这些卑鄙勾当
because I'm not suborning perjury.
我是不会替你做伪证的
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Getting my blood flowing.
促进我的血液流通
I've been sitting here all night,
我在这里坐了一晚
and restless leg syndrome kills 14 people every hour.
每小时有14个人死于下肢不宁综合症
I don't think that's accurate.
我觉得这数字不太准确
I don't care what you think. What do you have?
我不管你怎么觉得,有进展吗
I found a way to fix things with Joan.
我找到能够挽回琼的方法了
Okay, you're arguing anything in R & D
好吧,你想说研发部门的东西
is the intellectual property
是自主知识产权
of the person who suggested the product?
产权属于产品的建议者
Until such time that the results become public.
直到研发结果公布于众
Which they did the second I sent the board that letter.
我向董事会递信那一刻就公开了
Except board members are subject
但董事会成员受
to the nondisclosure agreement.
保密协定约束
Well, the board members haven't signed
他们并没有签署
a nondisclosure agreement.
保密协定啊
Yet.
是还没
What's to stop them from refusing?
万一他们不愿意签怎么办
Nothing, but if they do,
不怎么办,如果他们不签字
then the noncompete kicks in.
非竞争条款就派上用场了
Preventing them from revealing the contents of my letter
在受到诉讼威胁的情况下
under threat of prosecution.
他们不能公布那封信的内容
Specifically corporate espionage.
尤其是公司间谍活动
Oh, my God. You got this idea from
我的天,你这个点子是从...
Our bylaws. My bylaws.
我们的章程里来的,我写的章程
Rachel, holy shit, this is...
瑞秋,我的天,这真是...
acceptable.
可以接受的方法
I think the word you're looking for is "Awesome."
我觉得你想说的那个词是"了不起"
Well, the word I'm saying is, "Get out,
我想说的是"出去
because I have a meeting to prepare for."
因为我有个会要准备"
You know what, Louis? I have been working all night.
你知道吗,路易,我为此工作了整晚
And this gets your ass out of a major sling,
这解救你于水火
so instead of dismissing me,
所以与其赶我走
you should be asking me to come with you.
你该让我跟你一起去
Excuse me, Miss Professional.
抱歉,专业小姐
You wanted me to treat you like every other associate.
你不是希望我对律师一视同仁吗
Now I am. By acting as if I did nothing?
现在就是,好像我什么都没干似的
No, by acknowledging you did acceptable work.
不,认可你做的工作就是一视同仁
Letting you come with me is something
让你和我一起去这种事
that I would only do for you if we were friends,
是我把你当朋友才可能发生的
which we are not.
但我们不是朋友
You canceled the hearing.
你取消了听证会
You were right.
你说得对
He was lying.
他撒谎了
I'm sorry.
真遗憾
You know, I knew he was a hypocrite
在我发现赌博的真相后
after I found out about the gambling.
我发现他是一个伪君子
I never thought he'd sell out Harvard.
可我从来没想过他会出卖哈佛
What are you talking about?
你说什么
He did take the bribe,
他确实受了贿
but it had nothing to do with the accident victims.
但与意外的受害者无关
He did it to change someone's grade.
他受贿帮一个学生改成绩
Why would he do that?
他为什么要这么做
What difference does it make?
这动机还重要吗
Either way, he was gonna let me suborn perjury.
无论如何他都要我替他做伪证
It makes a difference because we still have to win this case.
如果我们要赢这案子,动机当然重要
Oh, I don't give a shit about winning this case.
我才不在乎这个案子能不能赢
I've never heard you say anything like that before.
我从来没听你这么说过
Youyou care about winning every case,
每一个案子,每一场比赛
every game, every argument.
每一次辩论你都想赢
Did you hear me?
你听见我说的了吗
He was gonna let me suborn perjury.
他要让我去做伪证
And so would every client you have
如果能就此逃过一劫
if they thought they'd get away with it.
你所有客户都会要求你这么做啊
He's not every client.
他不是其他的客户
No, he's the one you hated in the first place.
他是你之前就很讨厌的人
I didn't hate him. Harvey, what is going on here?
我没有讨厌他,哈维,到底怎么了
I thought he was better than us.
我以为和我们比,他是个好人
I sat in that class and listened to him talk
我坐在教室里听他讲课
about what kind of lawyers we should be,
讲我们以后应该成为什么样的律师
and I always let him down because I knew
而我总是让他失望因为我知道
that wasn't the kind of lawyer that wins.
他说的那种律师不会赢官司
And I wanted to win.
但是我想要胜利
So I'd argue with him,
所以我跟他争论
and he'd look down on me.
所以他鄙视我
And now instead of you letting him down,
但现在不是你让他失望
he let you down.
是他让你失望了
He turned out to be no better than any of us.
最后证明他并没有比我们好到哪里去
So then let's make him better than us.
那就让我们把他变成一个好人
Miss Walsh.
沃尔什小姐
You are not on my schedule today.
我今天没安排要见你
Ah, ah, Miss Walsh, please take a look at this.
沃尔什小姐,请看下这个
What is it?
这是什么
It's a chance to make things right.
这是个弥补错误的办法
You cannot call board members employees
你不能把董事会委员当做普通雇员一样
based on them having access to an expense account.
因为他们还拿着报销单
Not just an expense account.
不只是报销单
They have corporate cards and standing offices,
他们还有公司信用卡和常设办公室
which, as defined by section 14.2
这些都在国内税收法规的
of the Internal Revenue Code,
第14.2栏里注明了的
makes them employees.
表明他们就是一般的雇员
Well, Mr. Litt,
利特先生
seems I won't be demanding a new point person after all.
看来我不需要再指定其他律师了
I'm glad to hear that.
很高兴听您这么说
Are you?
真的吗
Of course I am.
当然
You're my first client as name partner.
你是我成为冠名合伙人后的第一位委托人
You're very important to me.
您对我来说非常重要
Well, I suppose we'll find out the truth
反正再有人成为新冠名合伙人的时候
when someone else makes name partner.
我就知道你是不是真的这么想了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
I'm not an idiot.
我不傻
I know that no one in your firm wants to deal with me.
我知道我在你们律所是个烫手山芋
That's not true.
并没有
In fact, I fought for you.
事实上,你是我争取来的
You may have thought you were fighting for me,
你可能以为你是费力争取的
but I know that Jessica dumped me on Harvey,
但我知道我是杰西卡扔给哈维的
and it seems that the second you made name partner,
看起来你一成为冠名合伙人
Harvey did the same thing to you.
哈维就把我扔给了你
Oh, you didn't know that, did you?
哦,你不知道啊
Then maybe we were meant for each other,
那看来我们是挺有缘的
since we're both left out of the club.
因为我们都是被抛弃的那个
You betrayed me.
你背叛了我
You make this big speech about repairing our friendship,
你滔滔不绝地讲了一堆要修复友谊
and all it was more words.
结果只是说说而已
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
You convinced me to take Joan,
你说服了我去接下琼的单子
while conveniently leaving out the fact
然后顺便省去了你其实
you're doing Harvey a favor.
是在帮哈维的事实
That's not why I did it, Louis.
路易,那不是我这么做的原因
Well, just tell me right now, can he stand her?
好,那你现在告诉我,哈维受得了琼吗
No, but he was gonna keep her
他受不了,但他是打算留着这个单子的
because you
因为你...
Hurt his precious feelings. I know.
伤害了他宝贵的感情,我知道
I felt so awful about that.
我觉得很抱歉
You know what, Louis? You should.
你知道吗,路易,你真该感到抱歉的
And while you're at it, you should feel pretty awful
并且,你也该对你现在对我的所作所为
about being a dick to me right now.
而感到抱歉
You lied to me again.
可是你又骗了我
No, Louis. I fought for you...again.
我没有,路易,我是又为你争取了一次
No.
你没有
You made Joan sound important.
你让琼听起来很重要
"The first client that Jessica gave Harvey
哈维成为冠名合伙人的时候
when he made name partner."
杰西卡给他的第一位客户
She is important, Louis, but you can't see that
她的确很重要,路易,但是你不懂
because you didn't want a client.
因为你想要的不是客户
You just wanted to take something away from Harvey.
而是从哈维那里夺走些什么
What I want is respect.
我要的是尊重
Then get out of your own way
那就别再一意孤行了
and get on the goddamn team.
加入我们,和我们合作
You mean the team that kept Mike's secret from me?
你是说那个瞒着我迈克秘密的小团体吗
No, Louis!
不,路易
I mean the team that protected its own,
我是指那个会保护成员的团队
because that's what teams do.
因为团队就应该这样
And, you know, I shouldn't even be telling you this
而且,我本不应该告诉你这个的
because she wasn't going to,
因为她没打算告诉你
but if you need a little bit more evidence
但是如果你需要更多的证据
of what we do for each other,
来看我们都为对方做了些什么
then take a look at Rachel,
那就看看瑞秋
because she got Katrina a job.
因为她给卡特里娜找了份工作
What? That's right.
什么,正是
Your former associate,
你之前的律师
and you've been treating Rachel like shit.
但是你却对瑞秋肆意践踏
So, if you're done yelling at me,
所以,如果你吼够我了
then I suggest you go fix one of the thousand things
我建议你在最近搞砸的那么多事里挑一个
that you have screwed up lately,
好好修补一下
because the rest of us, we are done fighting for you.
因为我们已经不想再为你争取什么了
Mr. Ross.
罗斯先生
Ah, you must be Ian.
你肯定是伊安了
And, please, don't call me Mr. Ross.
千万别叫我罗斯先生
Mike is fine. Ah, sure.
叫迈克就好,没问题
Hey, thanks for your call, Mike.
多谢来电,迈克
Pearson Specter is a great firm.
皮尔逊斯佩克特是家很棒的律所
Ah, well, you're a great candidate.
你也是个很棒的候选者
I'm a little curious why you're still interviewing.
我很好奇为什么你还在面试
I heard you had a solid offer at Skadden.
我听说斯卡登确定要雇你了
I do, but Skadden Arps is no Pearson Specter.
对,但斯卡登阿布斯不是皮尔逊斯佩克特
Are you sure it's not because
你确定不是因为
you're worried they'll find out that you failed
你担心他们会发现你挂了
Professor Gerard's legal ethics class?
吉拉德教授的法律职业道德课
What? Oh, shit.
什么,我去
You don't know.
你不知道啊
He hasn't changed your grade,
他收了你的两万五千块
but he still has your $25,000.
但是他没有给你改成绩
Who the hell are you?
你到底是谁
I'm exactly who I said I was.
我说我是谁就是谁
The only thing I left out is that
我没告诉你的是
Professor Gerard is my client.
吉拉德教授是我的客户
Well, he can't be in trouble for this.
那他不可能因为这个惹祸上身
I'd know.
我知道
He's not.
不是这个
He's being accused of accepting a bribe
他被指控在进行联邦仲裁期间
while conducting a federal mediation
收受贿赂
because of this.
就因为这个
That's not my problem.
那不是我的问题
It's your problem now,
现在是你的问题了
which is why you're gonna sign this.
所以你得签了这个
What is that?
那是什么
It's a sworn affidavit
是份誓言证词
stating the money that you paid Gerard is a loan.
说明你给吉拉德的钱是借款
Well, what happens to my grade?
那我的成绩怎么办
It stays the same because Henry Gerard
保持原样,因为亨利·吉拉德
doesn't take money to change grades.
没有收钱改成绩
That's bullshit. We had a deal.
胡说八道,我们有协议
Yeah, well, consider this your first lesson in the real world.
把这看作你在现实世界的第一课吧
Deals change.
协议会有变
I don't care what world it is.
我不管什么世界
I'm not signing anything.
反正我什么也不签
That's too bad,
那太糟了
because the truth will come out.
因为那样,事实会被披露
And this way, you're failing a class
照我的办法,你只是挂门课
instead of getting thrown out of school
而不会因贿赂教授
for bribing a professor.
而被丢出学校
It's up to you, Ian.
全任你选了,伊安
You want an F,
你想收下一个不及格成绩
or do you want to not have a legal career at all?
还是彻底丢掉法律职业生涯
So I sign this, and the bribery allegations are gone?
我签了这个,贿赂指控就没了吗
And no one ever knows a thing.
也没人会知道
But I still have to pay Ian back the money.
但我还得把钱还给伊安
That's the way loans work.
借款就是这样
You say that like I am a monster.
你说话的语气好像我是怪物
I say it like it's true.
我的语气是说那是事实
You know...
你知道吗...
you never let me tell you what the money was for.
你从没让我说明钱是做什么的
You didn't listen to me when I told you I don't care.
你没听懂,我说过我不在乎
Who's the monster now?
那谁是怪物呢
I don't care because you always said
我不在乎是因为你总说
the circumstances don't matter.
背景情况并不重要
Well, do you care that after Mike grilled me,
那你在乎迈克盘问我之后
I was so impressed with him
我对他印象深刻
that I wonder why I'd forgotten him.
好奇我为什么会忘记他吗
So I looked through my old records,
于是我去看了旧档案
just to see how he did,
想看看他成绩怎么样
but I couldn't find any record of him
但找不到任何关于他
ever being in my class.
听我课的记录
Just like they're not gonna find any record
就像他们也不会找到任何
of you accepting a bribe from a student.
关于你收学生贿赂的记录一样
You saying we're even?
你是说我们扯平了吗
I'm saying you got a twoforone,
我说你这回一箭双雕
because they're also not gonna find any record
因为他们也不会找到任何
of you gambling last year.
你去年赌博的记录
That's why you came to see me back then, isn't it?
所以你那次找我是为这个,对吗
You didn't want anyone to find out about him.
你不希望任何人发现他的情况
I'm not gonna tell you why I came
我不会告诉你我去年找你
to see you last year, Henry,
是为了什么,亨利
because the circumstances don't matter.
因为背景情况不重要
You really did pay attention in my class.
你确实好好听我的课了
A lot more than you think.
比你认为的认真多了
I'm sorry I let you down, Mr. Specter.
很抱歉我让你失望了,斯佩克特先生
Professor...
教授...
don't worry about paying back that loan.
不用担心还钱的事
I got it.
我来搞定
Louis...
路易
what can I do for you?
有什么需要我帮忙
The question isn't what you can do for me, Jeff,
问题不是我要你帮什么忙,杰夫
but it's a matter of what you're gonna do,
而是你要怎么做
which is cut the bullshit right now.
也就是告诉你不要胡说八道
What? You heard me.
什么,你听到了
I know Jessica told you about Hardman.
我知道杰西卡告诉你哈德曼的事了
Yeah, she did tell me,
是,她是告诉我了
and I have refrained from coming to see you
我也出于礼貌,扼制了自己
about blackmailing her out of courtesy.
没有因为你勒索她而去找你
Courtesy?
礼貌
You haven't so much as wished me a congratulations.
你都没有祝福恭喜我
You want me to kiss the ring, Louis,
你还想让我祝贺你上位(吻你戒指),路易
after what you did?
在你做了那些事情之后
You're damn right I do,
说得对,我做了
because I don't care how it got up there.
因为我不在乎上位的手段
My name is on that wall.
我的名字现在在墙上
And if I had a crowbar handy...
如果我现在有跟撬棍
I would pry it off.
我会去亲手把它撬下来
Well, Jeff, you don't.
杰夫,你没有撬棍
So the question you got to ask yourself is,
所以你该问自己的问题是
"Do you want to stick with the team?"
"你想继续在团队里吗"
Because my name is up there to stay
因为我的名字就在墙上
whether you like it or not.
无论你喜欢与否
Thanks for meeting me.
多谢你来见我
What's going on?
怎么了
I wanted to thank you for making me take Gerard.
我想谢谢你让我接了吉拉德的案子
What happened?
出什么事了
What makes you think something happened?
你为什么会觉得出事了
Because I know you,
因为我了解你
and I know you don't have moments of selfreflection,
我知道你不会做自我反思
let alone have a drink with someone to tell them about it
更不会跑出来跟人喝酒告诉他你反思了
unless something happened.
除非出了事
You know what? Something did happen.
是有事
I dealt with some shit,
我处理了件烂事
and I'm trying to thank you for it
我想为此谢谢你
because it turned out to be a good thing.
因为烂事结果变成了好事
I think the word you're looking for is "Closure."
我觉得你想说的词是"终结"
That's your word.
那是你的词
The word I'm looking for is,
我想说的是
"You're welcome, Harvey.
"不客气,哈维
That's nice of you to say."
"很高兴听到你说这个"
Thanks, Harvey.
谢谢,哈维
Good.
很好
Now listen to me.
你听我说
For a minute there, I thought
有那么一瞬间,我以为
you were gonna tell me that he knows.
你要告诉我他知道了
What?
知道什么
Maybe I'm crazy,
也许是我偏执
but when I was prepping him, for a second, he looked at me,
但我帮他准备证词时,有次他看着我
and I thought,
而我在想
"He's suspicious."
"他怀疑我了"
And then you called,
之后你又打电话
and after everything that's happened already, I
在发生这么多事之后,我...
It's fine, Mike. He doesn't know.
没事,迈克,他不知道

重点单词   查看全部解释    
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
luggage ['lʌgidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 行李

 
prosecution [.prɔsi'kju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 实行,经营,起诉

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
guarantee [.gærən'ti:]

想一想再看

n. 保证,保证书,担保,担保人,抵押品
vt

 
resigned [ri'zaind]

想一想再看

adj. 认命的,顺从的,听任的 动词resign的过去

联想记忆
recognition [.rekəg'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 认出,承认,感知,知识

 
embezzlement [im'bezlmənt]

想一想再看

n. 盗用,挪用,侵占

 
corporate ['kɔ:pərit]

想一想再看

adj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的

联想记忆
ethics ['eθiks]

想一想再看

n. 道德规范

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 诉讼双雄

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。