Mrs. Schroeder, what exactly is the nature
施罗德夫人,您与努基·汤普森
of your relationship to Nucky Thompson?
的关系是什么样的
I had a ribbon.
我有个发带
You've been following me around for days.
你都跟踪我好几天了
What do you want? I think you already know what I want.
你想干什么, 你知道我想干什么
Yesterday morning a truckload of beer barrels
昨天早上,一整车的啤酒
was loaded into a garage behind my home.
被装卸到我家后面的车库里
Eddie, get the sheriff on the phone.
埃迪,接通治安官
7,000 clams, Mickey.
那可是七千美元,米奇
Where's our fuckin' money? Nucky Thompson.
我们的钱在哪儿努基·汤普森
One of his ward bosses makes a nice fat collection
他背后的一个政界名流每周五
every Friday.
都会收一大笔钱
I've got hotels that no one can get to.
我的旅馆没人能去
We need paved highways.
我们需要平整的高速公路
The people of Jersey City
泽西城的市民
need highways just as much... Jersey City my balls!
需要高速公路, 去他的泽西城
Let's not let party politics
我们不能让党派政治
affect what's best for the people.
左右民众的最高利益
Torrio don't like headaches.
托里奥不喜欢麻烦
I think he's already got one.
我看他已经有麻烦了
I know you took a shine to her,
我知道你喜欢上她了
but she's got till Friday.
最晚周五要走人
Did Mr. Thompson not speak with you today?
汤普森先生今天没有找你谈话吗
About what?
谈什么
You said I should come to you if I had information.
你说过如果我有发现就来找你
Nobody move! This is a raid.
谁都不许动,这是突击搜查
Your country's greatest foe.
视作国家最大的敌人*
Mr. Thompson?
汤普森先生
I've no time for games, Margaret.
我没时间玩了,玛格丽特
Margaret?
玛格丽特
Say, fat chops, you got the time
死胖子,知不知道几点了
or did you eat your pocket watch?
你是不是把怀表吞了
Bug off, you little shit. Fuck you.
一边去,小畜生, 去你妈
Son of a bitch!
狗娘养的
C'mere, you little guinea bastard.
给我站住,小兔崽子
Come back here.
别跑
I'm not gonna take that shit. Get over here.
我要给你好看,站住
Was that nice, daddy?
刚才销魂吗,老爹
Who makes you feel good?
谁让你这么销魂的
You do, kid.
当然是你,宝贝
Me and nobody else?
除了我没其他人吗
'cause I see how the other girls look at you.
我看到有不少姑娘勾引你
But I'm your little tiger cub.
但我才是你最爱的虎宝宝
You just make me want to run around the jungle.
你总能让我活力四射,青春勃发
And...
然后
Pounce!
突然猛扑
Ow, jesus!
老天
What the hell's wrong with you?
你发什么神经
I'm your little tiger.
我是你的虎宝宝嘛
Then I should use a goddamn whip.
那我就该用鞭子好好抽打你
Don't be mad, daddy.
别生气嘛,老爹
I can't help it. You just make me wild.
人家忍不住嘛,是你让我野性爆发
I'm fucking bleeding.
我都见血了
Can I put some gauze on it? Forget it.
要不要我帮你包一下, 别管了
Just don't get so carried away. Huh?
以后别这么毛躁了,行吗
Mrs. Schroeder.
施罗德夫人
I was wondering if we might speak about a private matter.
有个私人问题,不知能否向您请教
A man has made me an offer.
有个男人向我提出一桩交易
Of what nature?
交易什么
Financial? Domestic?
购买物品,雇你做仆人
Sexual?
还是肉体交易
Yes.
肉体的
Who is he?
是谁
He runs things.
他来头很大
He'll provide for me
他愿意向我和我的孩子
and my children. Will he marry you?
提供任何帮助, 他愿意娶你吗
I wouldn't think so.
我觉得不会
There are various words for that sort of woman,
若你同意必会授人口实
none of them are flattering.
且其言语多不善
He'll provide, ma'am.
他会提供一大笔钱,夫人
Do you know why I live in Atlantic City?
你知道我为什么要留在大西洋城吗
No.
不知道
Mr. McGarry owned a quarter interest
我先生麦克加里拥有宾夕法尼亚
in an oilfield in Titusville, Pennsylvania.
泰特斯维尔的油田四分之一股份
A man from the Standard Oil Company made him
标准原油公司用一大笔现金
a large cash offer for his share.
购买了他的股份
And so Mr McGarry
于是麦克加里先生
built a 16room mansion on the shore.
用这笔钱建造了十六室的海景别墅
Six months later he was dead of influenza.
六个月后他却死于流感
I now live in a smaller house on Raleigh Avenue.
我现在住在罗利大街一所小房子中
It suits my needs
感觉十分安逸
and I have the freedom to devote myself to matters I consider important.
而且可以全力进行我的人生大计
The movement.
妇女运动
Temperance was meant to protect women, Margaret.
禁酒本意是保护妇女,玛格丽特
But the ballot box will free us.
但投票权会彻底解放妇女
Only one more state
现在仅剩最后一州
for complete ratification.
没有通过我们的议案
I've no mansion to sell, ma'am.
我也无意妥协,夫人
Which is why you must do as you see fit.
你只需做到问心无愧
You owe no one else an explanation.
没必要跟他人解释
This contains
这本书
useful knowledge.
十分有用
I highly recommend that you read it.
我特别推荐你阅读一下
Give me one of those.
给我一根
Here.
给
How about you call in sick tonight?
要不你今晚请个病假
Don't you ever get tired?
你难道就不累吗
Not with you, I don't.
跟你一起永远不累
Like you do with the other girls.
跟其他姑娘也这样吧
Well...
其实
Not tired exactly. No?
不是累不累的问题, 不是吗
What is it then?
那是什么
It's nothin'.
是空虚
It don't work.
我没反应
That horse cock? Please.
那么大的家伙什,得了吧你
I'm serious.
我说真的
You're the first broad in years
这么多年来你是第一个
who put any lead in my pencil at all.
能让我重振雄风的女人
You don't have to flatter me, dear. I ain't, honest injun.
不要油嘴滑舌, 我真心的
Couple years ago I had an affliction down there.
几年以前我下体胀痛的厉害
It got better, but then...
后来好些了,但是
I dunno.
不知怎么
It just didn't work no more.
我就再也没有反应了
Then you met me.
直到你遇到了我
And then I met you.
直到遇到了你
Yeah?
喂
What kind of way is that to answer a telephone?
有你这么接电话的吗
A.R. So?
罗斯坦啊, 那么
I guess you haven't made it up to Saratoga.
我猜你还没去萨拉托加吧
Yeah no, not yet.
是,还没去
How'd you know where I was?
你怎么知道我在哪里
I have a crystal ball, Charlie. You know that.
查理,你知道我有个魔幻水晶球
I see...
我看见
You're not wearing your trousers.
你现在连裤子都没穿
So what gives?
你有什么事
I've been waiting for a report on Mr. Darmody.
我在等达莫迪先生的报告
Right. Yeah well, um,
这样啊
I can't really speak to that now.
我现在不方便跟你谈这些
I wouldn't think so, considering the company you've been keeping.
是吗,你睡的女人又不会多管闲事
Hey, can I call you back?
我能等会再打给你
I'm with his wife right now.
我跟他老婆在一起
No, you're not, Charlie.
不是这样的,查理
You're with his mother.
那是他妈妈
A kid and a skinny fella
在木板路光天化日下
in broad daylight on the Boards.
被一小屁孩和竹竿男抢了
I'm still thunderstruck. In this day and age.
我仍然惊魂未定,在今天还会发生这种事
They're not from your ward, you're sure about that?
你确定不是你辖区的人干的
No, I know every tick on the hind of every dog.
确定,我对我手下了若指掌
Maybe over to Boyd's turf. They had a dago look.
也许是博伊德手下,像是意大利佬
And what look is that?
那是什么样
Feebleminded.
满脸呆像
I'll get the boys cracking, Nuck.
我会派人去查,努克
If there's a nickel of your money in a nun's cooze
只要没找回钱来
we'll shake it loose. Why don't we let Eli handle it?
这事就不算完, 交给伊莱解决吧
And put a steak on that.
拿东西好好敷敷
On the Boardwalk, Eli,
在木板路发生这种事,伊莱
100 yards from my suite.
离我的套房只有一百码远
And laying in wait too. Obviously.
明显蓄谋已久
That was his last stop.
那是他收账的最后一家
Nobody from A.C. Would be dumb enough to pull a stunt like this.
大西洋城没人会蠢到惹这种事
These fuckin' Italians though...
那些欠扁的意大利佬
they don't respect the rules.
他们就从来不守规矩
Luciano is he still hanging around?
卢西亚诺还在城里吗
Who? Rothstein's torpedo, the greaseball.
谁, 罗斯坦的混蛋,那个外国佬
I'll give you three to one
我跟你打包票
He's either behind this or knows who is.
他要么是主谋,要么肯定知道内幕
So is he?
他还在吧
Is he what? Hanging around!
在什么, 在城里
He comes and goes. I got other fish to fry besides him.
他来无影去无踪的,我还有别的大鱼要钓
Well, fry them already! I don't want this happening ever again...
他已经是大鱼了,我不想再发生这种事
Where some guinea pissant
被那些小角色们
gets the idea that he
知道了他要
Knock, god damn it. I did.
进来要敲门, 我敲了
Well, knock like a man. I think I should not disturb you.
用点劲, 我知道不该打扰您
Then why are you? A Frank Hague,
那还进来干什么, 是弗兰克·海牙
the mayor of Jersey City. I know who the fuck he is.
泽西城市长, 我他妈知道他是谁
He wishes to tell you he has spent
他想让我告诉您,为了见您
several nights waiting at the Hotel Shelburne.
他在谢尔本酒店候了几天几夜
He does not wish to spend many more.
他不想再等下去了
Unless you see him soon.
除非你能马上安排会见他
There are many roads to Rome,
他说条条大路通罗马
But there will be only one through New Jersey."
但只有一条经过新泽西
Set up a dinner or something.
安排我跟他吃个饭什么的
Ja.
好的
And you bring that dago in.
你去把那意大利佬带进来
Careful. What if you miss?
小心点,要是失手了怎么办
The trick is not to, so I don't.
诀窍就是别失手,所以我不会的
Are you fucking crazy?
你他妈疯了吗
Over there you never played fivefinger fillet?
你在那边不玩这种游戏吗
We did. I'm just sayin'.
当然玩,我只是说说而已
We were more interested in winning the war.
不过我们更看重战争中的胜利
Go ahead.
露一手吧
For old times.
算是往日重温
Johnny's coming.
强尼来了
Hey Johnny, how you doing?
强尼,你好啊
I got a cracked molar is how I'm doing.
我有颗臼齿烂了,你说我好不好
Did you see a dentist? For what?
看牙医了吗, 有啥用
Might as well yank it out yourself, right?
还不如你自己拔了,是吧
We're sitting down with Sheridan,
我们要跟谢立丹谈谈
Getting outta greektown.
离开希腊街
How come?
为什么
I gave you the chance. I don't need the money,
我给过你机会了,我不要钱
I don't need the aggravation.
也不要事态恶化
It was a a whattaya? An oversight, that's all.
这只是次失误,仅此而已
You want to put me in a war?
你想把我拖入战争里
That's why I brung you out from fucking rooklyn?
我他妈把你带离布鲁克林就为这个
You watch the door. You drive my car.
好好给我看门开车吧
And you
还有你
Are you smart?
你有脑子吗
Are you?
有吗
Go clean the buick.
去把我的别克清理下
Fucking micks.
操他妈的爱尔兰人
No offense. They crawl up outta the bog,
没说你啊,他们从烂泥里爬出来
Come in here, my house, and spill blood
爬到我家来,还杀了我的姑娘
'cause that one don't know how to do business.
就因为那蠢货不懂怎么做生意
I think it's a mistake, johnny.
我想是误会,强尼
What's with this Johnny shit?
你谁啊,居然敢叫我强尼
Mr. Torrio.
托里奥先生
To get out of greektown completely...
关于彻底离开希腊街的事
We made headway at that barAnastos'.
我们在那酒吧取得了进展,阿纳斯托那家
What kinda money did that joint bring in?
那地方经营情况怎么样
Good. Not great, but it's a foothold.
还行,不算很好,但起码算是个据点了
I know you don't want a war,
我知道你不想卷入战争
But retreating?
可临阵退缩
How does that look?
这面子上过不去吧
We should talk to them, Mr. Torrio.
我们该跟他们谈谈,托里奥先生
We should come to an understanding.
我们该达成谅解
What's that supposed to mean?
什么意思
I wish I'd known you were coming,
我要是早点知道您要来就好了
Sir. I would have prepared something.
至少可以准备准备
It's a surprise field office review, Nelson.
这是突击寻访,尼尔森
Lack of notice is precisely the point.
要的就是出其不意
Of course.
当然
I told you this isn't a damn storage room.
告诉过你别把这当储藏室了
Clear out!
把东西都清理出去
The report I mentioned in my wire, sir.
长官,这是我在电报中提过的报告
I had planned to mail it.
我准备寄给您来着
Well, you certainly have plenty of stamps.
至少邮票是够用的
You're placing Enoch Thompson at the head
你把伊诺克·汤普森列为了
Of a criminal organization controlling atlantic county.
操控大西洋城的犯罪组织首脑
I believe I've established a pervasive pattern
我已经调查清楚了
Of illegality as it relates
以他为首的
to alcohol with him at the very center.
非法贩酒犯罪行为的普遍模式
Where are the financial records?
有账本吗
The corroborating witnesses?
有证人吗
What do I take to the district attorney?
我拿什么去说服地方检察官
I'm asking for the resources to build that case.
我需要您派出人力物力来支援立案
I need numbers, Nelson!
我要真实可见的数字,尼尔森
Bottles broken by the thousand,
比如数以千计的破碎酒瓶
Trucks, boats and stills seized and put out of commission.
或者被扣押的运酒车船
There's also a capital crime there.
报告里还有条死罪
I don't see it. Thompson sent James Darmody
我没看见, 汤普森派詹姆斯·达莫迪
To steal back a shipment of whiskey
去偷回已经发货的威士忌
he sold to Arnold Rothstein.
他卖给阿诺德·罗斯坦的
Darmody and an unnamed accomplice executed five men.
达莫迪和一个不知名的同谋杀了五个人
Then Thompson pinned the murders on Hans Schroeder.
汤普森却把这栽赃给了汉斯·施罗德
What is this obsession with the Schroeder character?
这个施罗德是哪根葱
Sir?
长官您说什么
You requisitioned the immigration file on his wife?
你居然申请查看他太太的移民证明
I'm only being thorough, sir.
我只想确保万无一失,长官
You're a prohibition agent, not bulldog drummond.
你只是个禁酒探员,不是辣手神探
Bring me numbers.
我要有用的数据
What time is it?
几点了
About half 3:00.
三点过半了
3:30.
三点半
3:30.
三点半
It's 3:30, bearcat. Get a wiggle on.
三点半了,赶紧滚
Don't go overboard.
别过分啊
You don't want me to sound american.
你不想让我学美国口音
No, I don't think I do.
对,我不想
An irish maiden, that's what you'd like.
你喜欢的是爱尔兰少女
And what would you like?
那你喜欢的又是什么
I haven't thought about it.
我还没想过
That's a lot of bunk.
会有很多你想都不敢想的东西
What'll my neighbors say?
我的邻居们会怎么说
They're not gonna be your neighbors anymore.
你不用再跟他们做邻居了
Do you give all the widows new flats?
你会给所有寡妇都提供住所吗
I help out where I can.
能帮就帮
And what happened here?
这是怎么回事
A hunting accident.
打猎时出了意外
Who was hunting whom?
谁打谁的猎
I have to pick up the children
我得去接孩子们了
And get back to work. No, you don't.
还得回去工作, 不,你不用工作
And then what am I?
那我成什么了
Are you sure I can't slice something, peel something?
真的不用我帮忙吗
You're a guest. You get up and I'll break your legs.
你是客人,敢乱动我就打断你的腿
他说什么
没什么,他想帮忙
Al told me about your friend
阿尔,跟我说了你那个朋友的事
The poor girl down at the restaurant?
在旅馆惨死的那个可怜的姑娘
Pearl she's a waitress.
珍珠,她是个女服务生
Right yeah.
对
Such a tragedy, my god.
天呐,太可怜了
to get hit by a streetcar. You want to talk to that driver,
居然被车撞死了, 你得跟那司机谈谈
Make sure he's more careful in the future. Yeah.
确保他以后会小心开车, 是啊
How many links, Princeton?
高材生,你吃几根
Uh, just one will do.
一根就够了
I'll give you three. He's a grown man, Al.
我给你弄三根, 他是大人了,阿尔
He knows what he wants.
他知道自己的食量
And he'll take what I give him.
我给多少他就得吃多少
Sonny?
你呢,桑尼
Leave him. He's in his own world.
别管他了,他玩的正高兴呢
Sonny, dinner.
桑尼,该吃饭了
Fucking kid.
死孩子
Come on, baby. Time to eat.
来,乖乖,该吃饭了
You know I may not talk italian, but I know what "Stupido" Means.
我也许不会说意大利语,可我能听懂蠢字
Some house I got a guinea for a mother,
瞧瞧我这破家,一个英国老妈
A mick for a wife and a dumbbell for a son.
一个爱尔兰老婆,还有个蠢儿子
Don't call him that. I got a little boy myself at home.
别那么说他, 我也有个儿子
Yeah? Do you have a likeness?
是吗,你有他的照片吗
Not with me. He's a little guy,
我没带,是个小家伙
dark eyes like his mom.
深色的眼睛像他妈妈
A real chatterbox.
整天叽叽喳喳没完没了
But he comes when you call him at least, huh?
起码你打电话的时候他会去接吧
Mostly. He's got a mind of his own though.
大多数时候会接,不过他也有自己的想法
You like your eggs, sonny?
你喜欢鸡蛋吗,桑尼
I told you he's a dopey little bastard.
我就说吧,他是个迟钝的小杂种
I got it. I got it, okay?
我来,我来
Alors, how about
那么,这个
This?
怎么样
No.
不好
Perhaps madame could describe it better to me.
女士,也许您能再描述下您想要的款式
Why does anybody buy underwear?
怎么会有人想买内衣裤
Some women wish to hide, others wish to reveal.
有的人是想遮羞,有的人则是想诱惑
Well, I want it in lights.
我要能让人眼前一亮的
Something vampy
要若隐若现
And sheer
要薄如蝉翼
With a cutout right here.
这里要开个口
A moment please.
请稍等
You got some job, sister.
你这工作真了不起
I've done worse. I bet you have.
我做过更差的, 我猜也是
And voila.
看这个
I want to see what it looks like. On her.
我想看看她穿上效果如何
You don't wear a brassiere?
你不穿胸罩吗
I've tried them. They're not comfortable.
我穿过,但是穿起来不舒适
You should try again. You're saggy.
你应该再试试,你的胸部已经下垂了
You've had children, you can tell.
你一定生过孩子
You look like the kitchen help,
看起来像厨房女佣
A quickie bent over the table.
桌子上的快饮
He doesn't seem to mind.
他好像并不介意这些
You don't know very much, do you?
你也不确定是吧
You'd be surprised.
你会大吃一惊的
They raised him a good Catholic boy.
他被养成是优秀的天主教徒
And every once in a while
每当他
he starts thinking he might go to hell,
开始考虑他可能会下地狱的时候
and that he'd better change before it's too late.
他都会想要悬崖勒马
But all I gotta do is this...
而我需要做的只是这样
and this...
然后这样
And then he doesn't feel so Catholic anymore.
他就不再想着圣母了
When I was girl in Ireland,
我小时候在爱尔兰时
a raggedy man would come round every spring
一名衣衫褴褛的人每年春天
with a little bantam rooster.
都携一只矮脚公鸡而来
He'd trained it to peck out "The Mountains of Mourne"
他训练它在胸前的玩具钢琴上
on a toy piano that hung off his chest.
啄出"莫恩山脉"
So?
然后呢
Well, the first year he came,
他第一年来的时候
we all of us, the girls in that place,
在场的所有人
we thought it magical.
都认为这很神奇
The second year, we laughed behind our hands
第二年时,我们都掩嘴嘲笑
at the odd man in his tatters.
这个奇怪的人和他的烂摊子
And the third year, we didn't even go.
到了第三年,我们甚至都不去了
Because "The Mountains of Mourne"
因为那只公鸡
was all that little rooster could ever do.
就只会啄"莫恩山脉"
So what's the point?
你想说什么
That maybe your cunny
也许你的阴道
isn't quite the draw you think it is.
没有你想象的那么吸引人
I quit.
我辞职
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, let me help you, Mr. Kessler.
我来帮您拿吧,卡斯勒先生
Oh no, please.
不,不用了
Come, children, come.
孩子们,跟紧了
Emily, Teddy, be careful. Don't break anything.
艾米莉,泰迪,别弄坏了东西
They break, it will be fixed.
弄坏了也会被修好的
Uh, the kitchen has food to start.
厨房里食材已经备齐
The dining, a bathroom,
进餐,沐浴
upstairs there is room for the boy, a room for the girl
楼上是少爷房,小姐房
and the master bedroom.
和主卧室
It's very beautiful.
这儿真漂亮
Yes good. Missus, I go now.
是的,太太,我该走了
Do I wait for Mr. Thompson?
我要等汤普森先生吗
Uh, he will call.
他会打电话的
Is he nice to you, Mr. Kessler?
他对你好吗,卡斯勒先生
Nucky? Yes, he is nice.
努基吗,是的,很好
Mr. Thompson is a very nice man.
汤普森先生是位很好的人
Are you trying to sass me, you greasy cocksucker?
你想占我的便宜吗,你个鬼佬混蛋
I thought you was all about manners.
我认为您非常讲礼仪
I treat people as gentlemen
我都是以礼相待
until they prove otherwise.
除非有人先行为有失
All you've proven is you're a thieving little prick
你的举动体现你就是个卑鄙的小偷
who shows up where he doesn't belong.
出现在你不该来的地方
Since when do you need permission to look at the ocean?
从什么时候开始,看海需要申请许可了
To look at my ocean?
看我的海吗
Since your boss tried to
自从你老板试图
lift 100 grand out of my pocket.
从我手里翘走十万美元
Mr. Rothstein don't see it that way.
罗斯坦先生可不这样认为
Mr. Rothstein don't run this town.
罗斯坦先生可管不到这里
No, he runs New York. Maybe you heard of it.
但他管着纽约,也许你听说过
You like it around here though, do you?
但你喜欢的是这,不是吗
I like the view between that gash's legs.
从双腿间的深沟中看挺好
You're referring to Gillian Darmody?
你指的是吉莉安·达莫迪吗
Is that her name?
她叫这名字是吗
I'll fucking bury this in your fucking head.
我他妈的要烧了你这烂脑袋
Get the fuck off me!
你他妈的放开我
Mrs. Darmody is free to do as she pleases,
达莫迪太太自由地做她想做的事
Not always to her benefit.
经常随意为之
But I strongly suggest you treat her
但我强烈建议你
in every particular with the utmost regard.
对她抱有极大的尊重
Charles, right? Lucky.
查尔斯是吧, 拉吉
Lucky.
拉吉
Everything you see here, it's mine.
你在这里看到的一切都是我的
Buy a drink, place a bet, ride the fucking ferris wheel.
酒水,赌博,摩天轮什么的
And if you steal I ain't took nothing.
如果你偷了, 我没拿任何东西
If you steal, Charles,
查尔斯,如果你偷了
From my men,
我手下的
You steal from me.
就是偷了我的
So tell the pack of guineas you came down here with
转告和你一起来的意大利佬
and tell your boss in New York.
和你在纽约的老板
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Jesus Christ!
天呐
What the fuck are you doing?
你他妈干什么呢
You said to knock in a manly fashion.
您说过要使劲敲门的
Well, leave the door on the hinges.
那也别把门敲烂了
What do you want? Mrs. Schroeder.
你想干什么, 施罗德夫人
Yes?
怎么了
Is very happy with the accommodations.
很喜欢那个住所
Good.
很好
You can go.
你可以走了
Thank you very much, Mr. Thompson,
汤普森先生,非常感谢您
for showing me how it's done here.
为我展示这里的规则
It's open.
门开着呢
Hey, kit. You don't really want to
你好,宝贝, 你不想
be in here all by yourself, do you?
一个人待在这里吧
I think I do.
我想
She left this in my room.
她把这个留在我房间里了
Thanks.
谢谢
Hey, come down and sit with us.
下来和我们一起坐吧
I will.
我会的
A few minutes.
等会就去
She's not there.
她搬走了
You're looking for that one, she's gone.
你找那个人,她搬走了
You are? Edith Mauer.
你是谁, 伊迪丝·玛乌尔
Missus. Mrs. Mauer,
太太, 玛乌尔太太
Where is she?
她在哪儿
Off drinking champagne, I wouldn't be surprised.
戒香槟协会吧,这不稀奇
Why do you say that?
为什么这么说
She's out all hours,
她总不在家
Expects me to watch over her brats.
让我帮她看小孩子
And she works for French people. The Ritz.
她为法国人工作, 丽思吗
Nothing but the best for her.
挺适合她的
Pretty high opinion of herself?
你对她评价很高
Butter wouldn't melt.
她干得很出色
And not four months a widow.
根本不像守了四个月的寡妇
He was a lovely man.
他是个可爱的人
Mr. Schroeder?
施罗德先生吗
He always brought us the dayold crullers.
他总给我带来隔夜的小煎饼
And just now... Yeah?
而刚才, 怎么了
A blue limousine pulls up and carts them off
一辆蓝色豪华轿车把她们接走
her and her children.
她和他的孩子们
A rolls? How's that?
一辆劳斯吗, 如何
The limousine a RollsRoyce?
豪华轿车劳斯莱斯吗
It certainly was.
没错
She did something wrong, didn't she?
她做错了什么事了吧
Is there anything else you can tell me?
你还有什么要告诉我的吗
Yes.
有
She's a whore.
她是个婊子
Mae Murray, that's who you look like.
你像梅·默里(美国女演员)
You really think so? Sure I do.
真的吗, 是的
"The Taming of Kaiser Bull."
《驯服凯瑟公牛》(梅·默里主演)
Maybe I'll take you to the pictures.
也许我该带你去拍电影
Classy, huh?
很典雅吧
I was a kid, there was a sign outside
当我还是个孩子时,外面有个标识牌
"No dogs or irish."
"狗和爱尔兰人禁止入内"
Now I can buy this fucking joint.
而我现在这是我的了
You're an inspiration to us all.
您鼓舞了我们
Go on, search them.
继续,搜身
After the stunt you pulled, you don't trust me?
你耍了花招后,还不信任我吗
No I don't.
不信
They're clean.
无凶器
Tip her good. She's a real beauty, this one.
多给她点小费,她可是美女
Thanks.
谢谢
Any time.
不客气
So? So what?
然后呢, 然后什么
Now we search you fellas.
轮到我们搜你的人了
It was you who called this meet, not me.
说要会面的人是你,不是我
And I'll tell youse right now I am packing heat. We all are.
实话告诉你吧,我们都带着枪呢
No, that wasn't the deal.
当初可不是这样说的
You want to hash this out or not?
还想不想谈了
I don't like this, Johnny.
我不喜欢这样,强尼
If I wanted to kill youse,
如果我要杀你们
you wouldn't have made it through the front door.
你们连门都进不来
All right.
好吧
Relax. Everything's gonna be fine.
放松,不会有事的
Sorry for the ruckus,
很抱歉引起了骚动
but ask anybody who knows me,
但你可以找个熟人打听打听
Charlie Sheridan ain't a fella takes a threat lying down.
查理·谢立丹不会对威胁视而不见的
We were expanding our reach. It wasn't so much a threat.
我们只是扩大地盘而已,算不上什么威胁
Dipping our toes in the water.
常在河边走,哪能不湿鞋
And youse got all wet. At least your whore did.
所以你们都湿了,至少你那小贱人是的
She was 18 years old. What?
她才十八岁, 什么
The girl. So youse want to get sentimental?
那女孩, 所以你就感情用事了
Anastos, the Greek fella youse beat on?
阿纳斯托,你揍的那个希腊人
You cracked his jaw.
你敲碎了他的下巴
He can't eat regular for another month.
害得一个月他才能正常吃东西
Let's just say the whole thing
我们就把这一连串的事当成是
was an unfortunate series of misunderstandings.
误解产生的悲剧,一笔勾销吧
Fine.
好吧
I'm sorry about the girl.
那女孩的事我表示遗憾
Your mugLiam,
你的打手,利亚姆
it'd be nice to hear that from him.
我更想这话从他嘴里说出来
Liam works for me.
利亚姆听我吩咐
I told him to pick a whore and he did,
我告诉他找个妓女,他照做了
in order so that I could make my point.
只是为了证明我是对的
And you did and it's done. Over.
反正都做了,就这样吧
Let's talk turkey.
我们谈正经事
Fine.
可以
In the interest of keeping good relations,
为了表示和平共存的诚意
I'll give youse a threeblock territory starting on Halstead
我划给你们从豪斯塔德
between Randolph and Monroe.
兰多夫到门罗之间三个街区的领地
There's some good joints there,
那有很多娱乐场所
real busy, so you should make a decent buck.
很繁华,所以你们肯定能大捞一笔
The rest of the delta meaning anything between
至于哈里斯·博克和蓝岛三条街
Harrison, Polk, Blue Island and
以及交界处的一切
Ho! What the fuck?
他妈的,那是什么
Nobody fucking move. Easy.
都他妈别动, 别紧张
His boot! The fuck's he got in there?
他的靴子,里面藏了什么
It's a knife.
是把刀
I thought you fucking searched them.
你们不是都搜过他身
You sneak a blade into a meet,
你偷偷带了匕首来会面
what the fuck you trying to pull?
你们到底想干吗
You fellas got guns.
别忘了你的手下都有枪
I forgot I had it on me. I'm sorry.
我不记得把它带在身上了,抱歉
Maybe I cut your throat with it...
也许,我该用它割破你的喉咙
next time you'll remember.
下次你就有记性了
What's this?
这是干什么用的
It's called a skull crusher.
这叫碎颅锥
It's for cracking walnuts.
敲核桃用的
I'll crack a few with it, let you know.
我会用这玩意儿试试的
Let's have a drink
大家喝一杯吧
Let bygones be bygones. All around.
一切既往不咎
I'm gonna visit the head. I'll bring the car around.
我去见头儿, 我去把车开过来
Thanks, sweetie. Here's for you. Thanks.
谢谢,甜心,这是给你的, 谢谢
What happened to the blonde? She's on coffee break.
那个金发美女去哪儿了, 休息去了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Oh, Christ.
上帝啊
Come on, wrap it up.
快点,包起来
You prick. Fuck.
你太卑鄙了, 滚
Go, get out of here, go!
走,快点离开这儿
You piece of shit, c'mere.
你个人渣,终于落到我手里了
I think you'd agree that Greektown belongs to us now.
现在你同意希腊街是我们的了吧
What are you up to in there?
怎么在里面这么久
Are you ill?
生病了吗
I was luxuriating.
我在享受啊
I like making you happy.
我喜欢讨你欢心
Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
再谢谢你
And thank you.
最后谢你一次
That'll take some getting used to.
这个,一时半会还真难适应
Hello.
你好
Yeah.
是我
God damn it.
该死的
Tell him I'm on my way.
告诉他我已经在路上了
Is something wrong? Just business.
出什么事了吗, 公事而已
You know who Hardeen is?
你知道谁是霍丁吗
Should I?
你看我像知道的样儿吗
He's Houdini's brother.
他是霍迪尼的弟弟,霍迪尼:历史上最伟大的魔术师
But he's just as good.
但他同样出色
He's opening tonight at the Globe.
今晚他在环球大剧院首演
I have to turn up.
我必须出席
Business again, is it? Mmm, partly.
又是公事,对吗, 差不多
I'd like you to come with me...
我想让你和我一起去
see the act.
看演出
We'll have a light supper with him after, just us.
结束之后和他吃顿便饭,就我们几个
With Mr. Hardeen?
和霍丁先生一起吗
His wife maybe too. At the Marlborough.
也许还有他夫人,在马尔堡
These show people, some of them are a lot of fun.
有些表演者很有趣
Houdini's brother.
霍迪尼的弟弟
Does he escape from things as well?
他也表演逃脱术之类的吗
I'll bet he escapes from the dinner check.
我猜他会逃避付账
A good man is hard to find
好男人真难寻
You always get the other kind
往往事与愿违
Just when you think...
当你想
Sorry, fellas. Private party.
抱歉,伙计们,这是私人聚会
Pick a gal though. Enjoy yourselves.
去找个妞,玩得开心点
He's a genius, this kid.
这孩子,他真是天才
Fucking strategy. They'd come after us eventually.
非常有谋略, 他们最后会找来的
"Us"? So you're sticking around?
"我们" 难道你一直在原地打转吗
I could use a dozen like you.
我真该用些像你这样的人
The balls on this mick.
这个爱尔兰人有胆有识啊
Fucking Ruggiero. Who's that?
该死的卢杰里奥, 是谁啊
The puppet with the sword.
一个傀儡,拿着把剑
In Sicily. Whap!
在西西里区,一记重击
I'd just like to say
我想说的是
that Jimmy Darmody's a standup guy.
吉米·达莫迪是条汉子
When he ain't on the floor pissin' himself, that is.
当他不是被吓的趴在地上屁滚尿流的时候
A few weeks ago I'm up in his room,
几周前,我出现在他房间
I squeeze a shot off as a joke.
闹着玩,朝他开了一枪
Next thing he's practically humping the floor.
然后他就趴在了地板上
Swear to god.
我说的是真的
But y'know, he was over there in France
但是你们知道吗,当时他在法国
and I heard there wasn't one paddy
我听说,没有一个爱尔兰人
that could scrub a latrine whiter than our Jim.
比吉姆刷厕所更干净
Here's to him. Salud.
这杯酒敬他, 干杯
Not like you, huh?
我可不像你
Captain Capone?
卡波尼上校
Hand to hand with the kaiser himself.
和德皇肉搏
That is how you got your scars,
所以脸上留下了伤疤
Right, Al?
对吗,阿尔
Unlike some of us, I don't need to brag about what I did.
我不像某些人,不需要自吹自擂
The lost battalion.
你们打了败仗
He got so lost he thought Brooklyn was in France.
他输的太惨,竟然以为布鲁克林在法国
All week you got me cooling my heels.
这一周,你让我满心期待
In a deluxe suite at the Shelburne. You don't like it?
在谢尔本的豪华套房,不满意吗
I'm a simple man. All I need is a bed,
我是个简单的人,我想要的只是有张床
the love of a good woman and an envelope about so thick.
有个好女人爱我,还有这么多钞票
I made sure you got all three.
我保证你得偿所愿了
That you did, my host.
作为主人,你做得很好
So are you gonna fight me on this road appropriations bill?
那么,这次修路拨款你还要反对我吗
I got mouths to feed up north, too.
北部的人我也要满足
There's plenty for both of us, so let's be fair with each other.
我俩都能大捞一笔,对彼此公平点吧
You don't have enough friends in Trenton these days?
最近在特伦顿没交到什么朋友吗
I got a man I'm sending to the White House.
我准备把一个人送进白宫
That's a friend worth having.
这朋友还算值得交
"Ladies and gentlemen,
"女士们,先生们"
the green thumb of the Garden State "
欢迎花园之州的能工巧匠
senator Walter Edge."
参议员沃尔特·艾治"
So he's not the great emancipator.
他不算是最伟大的解放者
But he'll pay off for me.
但是他会给我回报的
And if the two of us shake hands on the road money,
如果我们两个在修路基金上达成一致
he'll pay off for you.
他也会回报你的
Where are we going after this?
吃完饭我们去哪
Tonight?
今晚吗
You got something more important? 'cause I can head home.
你有什么重要的事吗,麻烦的话我就回家了
You wanna see Hardeen? Who?
你想看霍丁的表演吗, 谁
Houdini's brother, but he's just as good.
霍迪尼的弟弟,不过和他哥哥一样优秀
I was gonna take my girl.
我要带我的女朋友去
What, I'm the third wheel?
什么,那我是电灯泡吗
I'll get you a date.
我会给你找个伴的
Only one?
就一个吗
Who is it?
谁
Who's there?
谁在那儿
Supposing I was the Fuller Brush salesman?
以为是卖富勒刷子的推销员吗
What's behind your back? My hands.
你背后是什么, 我的手
Don't get cute! What are you holding?
别装蒜,你拿的是什么
What are you worried about, tough guy?
你在怕什么呢,硬汉
SteaksChicago's finest.
这是牛排,芝加哥最好的牛排
They packed them in salt.
他们把牛排用盐腌好包起来
When we met first time, you said you liked 'em.
我们第一次见面的时候,你说你喜欢吃的
Do you wanna come in?
想进来坐坐吗
Drink?
喝点什么
I get stupid I drink too much, run off at the mouth.
我喝多了会脑子不清醒胡言乱语
That stuff you said in front of the boys
你刚才在大伙面前说我的那些话
About me and the war?
关于我当兵时候的事
It makes me look bad.
让我很难堪
That ain't how you treat a buddy.
不能那样对待你的哥们儿
Is that what we are?
我们是哥们儿关系吗
What did you think we were?
你以为呢
Accomplices.
共犯
It's the same thing, right?
意思是一样的,对吗
Those steaks have one of the girls fry them up with eggs.
那些牛排,找个姑娘用鸡蛋去煎
Not too long. Or, you know,
不要煎老了,或者
Come around the house,
到我家来
Whenever, we'll make them there.
随时都行,我们给你煎牛排
Yeah sure.
好的没问题
Thanks.
谢谢
Okay then.
那就没事了
He's deaf, you know.
他是聋子,你知道
My boy Sonny.
我儿子桑尼
I know.
我知道
It fucking kills me to
我一想到他的遭遇是因为我的
think he's being punished for the shit I done.
所作所为带来的报应时就痛不欲生
Take him to a doctor, Al. They can't fix it.
带他去看医生,阿尔, 他们治不好他
It's... it's in the blood.
这病,跟血液有关
I play the mandolin.
我给他弹曼陀林
Sing to him.
给他唱歌
Put his hand right here.
把他的手放在这儿
He feels it.
他能感觉到
But he doesn't know what it is.
但是不知道是什么意思
Just...
一定
Keep at it.
不要放弃
Medicine now,
现在的医疗技术
They're finding new things every day.
发展得很快,日新月异
Hey, what's...
好了,那什么
flat beer and that Sheridan prick
跑了气的啤酒和那个傻帽谢立丹
got in common?
有什么共同点吗
No head.
都没脑子
I came up with that myself.
我自己想出来的
Here's a Japanese sandman
有一个日本睡精灵*
sneaking on with the dew
随着清晨的露水偷偷到来*
Just an old secondhand man
有个老男人*
He'll buy your old day from you
他会买走你的旧日时光*
He will take every sorrow...
他会带走你的忧愁*
A lot of noise from a little box.
那个小玩意儿发出的噪音真吵
Which one are we talking about?
你是在说哪个小玩意儿
Oh, you're a devil at heart, Mr. Hague.
你的想法真邪恶,海牙先生
So what's your pleasure, you republican son of a bitch?
那你喜欢什么呢,你这个共和党混蛋
I want the highway. Two lanes coming south from Newark
我要修高速公路,两条从南边尼瓦克来的路
and a straight shot to the Pennsylvania border.
还有一条直达宾夕法尼亚边界的路
New york and Philly? Can we shake on it?
纽约和费城, 我们能达成一致吗
You're putting a big bet on Walter Edge.
你把宝都压在沃尔特·艾治身上了
Maybe. I wouldn't.
也许吧, 我就不会
Why not?
为什么
Because he's a silent partner in a paving company.
因为他是一家铺路公司的匿名合伙人
Where?
在哪儿
It doesn't really have an address, but let's say
没有确切地址,但是可以确定的是
It's Jersey City where your roads aren't.
它在你不打算修路的泽西城
Why are you telling me this, Frank?
你为什么把这告诉我,弗兰克
'cause guys like Edge will come and go.
因为像艾治这样的人飘忽不定
But bosses? Like us?
但是老板们,像我们这样的
We're here to stay.
我们的根基在这里
Trade him silver for gold
用金子换银子
Just an old secondhand man
但是这个老男人
Trading new days for old.
用新生活换旧生活
"'Pussycat, pussycat, what did you there?'
"'小猫咪,小猫咪,你在那里干什么'
'I frightened a little mouse under the chair.'"
'我在椅子下面吓跑了一只老鼠'
They're usually asleep by 9:00,
他们平常都九点睡觉
So they shouldn't be any trouble.
所以不会很烦人的
No trouble at all. I love babies.
一点儿也不烦人,我爱孩子
I sit for most of the other young ladies too.
我也为其他夫人照看孩子
I don't usually...
我一般不会
I'm seeing Hardeen tonight.
今晚我要看霍丁演出
Oh yes, very nice.
是吗,真不错
Excuse me.
不好意思
Hello? Missus.
你好, 太太
Mr. Kessler.
卡斯勒先生
Did I not have the time right?
是我记错时间了吗
The time? Of The show.
时间, 演出的时间
Mr. Thompson said you'd pick me up.
汤普森先生说你会来接我的
Missus, Nucky wishes to say he is busy tonight.
太太,努基本来想亲自打电话来说他今晚很忙的
I'm sorry?
你说什么
Tonight he has business.
他今晚有公事
He said to tell you.
让我转告你
Very well.
那好吧
He will call.
他会打电话给你的
Ma'am?
太太
I'm Annabelle, your neighbor across the way?
我叫安娜贝拉,住你对面的邻居
Oh, Margaret Schroeder.
我是玛格丽特·施罗德
Are they yours? Yes.
是你的孩子吗, 是的
Emily and Theodore. Hello, sweethearts.
艾米莉和西奥多, 你们好,甜心们
Hello. Aren't you gorgeous?
你好, 你真漂亮
Mrs. Charlton told me she was looking after them.
查尔顿夫人告诉我她在照看他们
I was wondering if I could
我在想能不能把我的孩子
throw mine in as well.
也放到这边一起让她照看
This is Ruby.
这是卢比
Go on, sugarplum,
去吧,宝贝儿
Meet new friends.
去认识认识新朋友
Doll is pretty.
娃娃真漂亮
Would you mind? Us girls all help each other out here.
你会介意吗,我们这样的女人都会互相帮助
Which girls? You know
什么样的女人, 你懂的
The concubines.
情妇们
My fella just called. He's all hot and bothered.
我的男人刚打电话来了,他很烦躁不安
I didn't have time to make arrangements.
我没时间安排了
I promise I'll do the same for you.
我保证以后会给你帮忙的
Is this the three bedroom?
这里有三间卧室吗
Uh, yes it is.
是的
Your fella's certainly sweet on you.
你的男人真爱你
Inspection card immigrants and steerage passengers
移民和统舱乘客登记卡
Margaret Rohan
玛格丽特·罗汉
Pregnant
孕妇
Passenger's State at time of disembarkation
乘客下机时身体情况
Vomiting, Vaginal bleeding, miscarriage
呕吐,阴道出血,流产
Oh god. There you go.
上帝啊, 就是这样
I like that.
我喜欢那样
What's going on behind those baby blues, hmm?
你怎么这么忧郁呢
I try to be good. I really do.
我努力做个好人,真的很努力
It's too late to be good tonight, dolly.
今晚再想做好人可晚了,宝贝儿