Both victims work for ZBZ Security.
两名死者都是ZBZ保安公司的员工
Company has a contract
这家公司承包了
with the Turtle Bay Historical Society right next door.
隔壁海龟湾历史社团的安保工作
Now, nothing's missing from the museum.
博物馆什么都没丢
We're canvassing the area
我们正在这片区域
for the gun, shooter, any possible witnesses.
搜寻凶枪,行凶者和可能的目击者
So, thoughts?
有什么想法吗
Holmes? Thoughts?
福尔摩斯,有想法吗
Sorry, sorry.
抱歉
I was waiting for Miss Watson.
我在等华生小姐
I'm training her to analyze every environment
我在训练她用真正侦探的锐利视角
with the keen eye of the true detective.
分析每一次的凶案环境
Watson, thoughts?
华生,有想法吗
Looks like both men have been shot in the chest one time.
看样子两名死者都是胸口中枪,一枪毙命
Judging from the scuff marks on the concrete,
从地面痕迹来看
looks like they chased the suspect up here,
他们追着嫌犯来到这里
who then fired twice and then ran.
嫌犯开了两枪之后逃跑
It's tough to say where he went.
很难判断他去了哪里
The reason it's difficult to say where he ran
很难判断他去了哪里
is that no one ran anywhere at all.
是因为他哪儿都没去
Here we have two deceased gentlemen,
这里有两位死者
both of them wearing the uniform of ZBZ.
都穿着ZBZ的制服
Or so it would appear.
或者看上去如此
This man's patches were recently sewn on,
这人的臂章是最近才缝上去的
and his clothes are store-bought,
他的衣服是店里买的
not made by a uniform company.
而不是制服公司统一定做的
So he was posing as a guard.
所以他在假扮保安
Nothing is missing from the museum,
博物馆什么都没丢
so we assume that he was looking for access to the parking lot.
那我们假设他是为了进停车场
It's easy to rifle through the cars
穿成保安的样子
if you look like you work for the security firm.
要翻查车辆就很容易了
Now, what was in his pockets? Pockets?
他口袋里有什么,口袋
Pockets.
口袋
Yeah, see, you thought he was a victim,
看,你以为他是受害者
so you were looking for identification.
所以会找身份证
But here we have one, two, three, four
但现在我们有一,二,三,四
car registration cards.
四张车辆登记证
Each one has the owner's address on it.
每张都写有车主的地址
See the game?
明白了吗
Pick an expensive car, then you call an associate,
挑辆高档车,打给同伙
who burgles the home of its owner while they're out.
趁屋主不在家入屋行窃
This man is a real security guard.
这人是真的保安
He saw this fellow lurking around, followed him.
他看到假保安行事鬼祟,就跟了过来
Bad man shoots good man.
坏人向好人开了一枪
Good man, while still alive,
好人还没死
wrests control of gun from bad man, fires one shot.
把枪夺过来,向坏人开了一枪
Here we are.
就成这结果了
One more thing.
还有一件事
His cell phone.
他的手机
You're gonna check the last number he dialed;
你要看他最后一通拨出的电话
that's his partner.
那就是他的同伙
He's probably robbing a place right now.
说不定这会儿正在别人家行窃呢
Would you like to talk to the burglar?
你想跟那个小偷说话吗
According to this, his name is Loco Maurice.
根据电话本,这人叫洛克·莫里斯
You mustn't allow your failure to discourage you.
你不能因为这一次的失败而丧失信心
Didn't fail. Not discouraged.
我没失败,也没丧失信心
You didn't solve the case, but you did notice
你没破案,不过你确实注意到了
the incongruity of the scuff marks.
地面痕迹不一致
The next step is learning
下一步就是学习
to extrapolate your way to the truth.
推理出真相
Detection is not just a skill, Watson.
查案不仅是一种技巧,华生
It's a point of view.
更是看问题的角度
You must train yourself to be alert
你必须训练自己时时注意
to the bizarre, the unusual,
奇怪的,不寻常的
that which has no place in any given picture.
与周围格格不入的事
Like that stretch limo
比如那辆加长型豪华轿车
with the driver staring straight at us?
司机还直盯着我们看
Sherlock Holmes?
您是夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗
My name's Crabtree.
我叫克雷布里特
We got your name from a Mr. Musgrave in London.
我们从伦敦的马斯格雷夫先生那听闻大名
Local police told us we'd find you here.
这里的警察告诉我们能在这找到您
You say "we".
你说"我们"
All I see is a you.
你却只身一人
I'm a driver and attaché
我是莱登工业
for Mr. Gerald Lydon of Lydon Industries.
杰拉尔德·莱登先生的司机兼随从
You know the company?
您知道这家公司吗
You make everything from Scotch Tape
你们从透明胶带,到金刚钻焊接钻头
to diamond-tipped drill bits.
什么都做
Well, we have all the tape and drill bits that we need.
我们的胶带和钻头都够用了
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Mr. Lydon has a proposal for you.
莱登先生想给你一个提议
I sit before you a lucid man.
坐在你面前的是个聪明人
Vital, I might say.
可以说是很重要的人
I hold 18 patents
我58岁时
and I can do 11 pull-ups at age 58.
拿到了18项专利,能做11次引体向上
And I own exactly 16 forks.
而我正好有16把叉子
I'm not entirely sure
我不太明白
what we're supposed to be comparing.
我们要比较什么
Well, the point, Mr. Holmes, is that in my good moments,
福尔摩斯先生,重点是,在我的黄金时期
I'm every bit the man I was.
我无所不能
But there are fewer and fewer of those
但现在却每况愈下
because I have dementia.
因为我得了痴呆症
And it's getting worse,
情况越来越糟
which is why Ms. Tompkins is following me around.
因此汤普金斯女士才一直陪着我
You have my condolences.
深表同情
I don't want your condolences.
我不要你的同情
I want your help.
我要你帮忙
Have you ever heard
你听说过
of hereditary cerebral amyloid angiopathy?
遗传性脑淀粉样血管病吗
Hereditary CAA.
遗传性CAA
It's a genetic disorder.
是种遗传病
Less than 20,000 cases recorded.
全世界不到两万例
Dementia is one of the early symptoms.
痴呆就是早期症状
And death is the final symptom.
死亡是最终症状
And when it comes to me, it will complete my murder,
而对我来说,这样就能成功谋杀我
because somebody did this to me, and I need you to find out who.
有人害我得此病,我要你查清是谁
So, it's a hereditary disorder.
这是种遗传病
You have to be born with it.
意思是你生来就有
And there's no history of it in my family.
我没有这个家族病史
They can do a lot of things in labs now, you know.
现在实验室里什么都能研究出来
And I've consulted with some of the top geneticists,
我咨询过几名顶尖的遗传学专家
and they tell me that it's possible
他们告诉我有可能
that somebody gave me this disease,
是别人害我得这病的
because they want me out of power!
因为他们要赶我下台
With all due respect,
恕我直言
maybe these geneticists are right.
也许这些遗传学专家说得对
"Possible" does not mean "likely".
但"有可能"不表示"会发生"
It just means it's not impossible.
只代表不是没有可能
That's what my family says, that's what the police say,
我家人也这么说,警方也这么说
that I'm paranoid, that I'm delusional.
他们都说我疯了,有妄想症
I hate to say this, but those are also symptoms of CAA.
我很不想这么说,但这些也是CAA的症状
Look, they tell me that you're the best.
他们说你是最好的
Mr. Holmes, what will it cost to buy you over to my side?
福尔摩斯先生,你要怎样才答应帮我
I only take cases when I believe I'm acting in good faith.
我只在确信有疑点时才会接下案子
Now, since I think that naturally occurring dementia
而现在我觉得非人为造成的痴呆
is by far and away the most likely explanation
显然是你这种情况最好的解释
for your plight, I would not be doing that.
所以我不会接这案子
Would you pull over, please, Crabtree?
能请你靠边停车吗,克雷布里特
I really am truly sorry.
我深感抱歉
And I wish you the best of luck.
也祝你好运
I read the last stack of books.
你给我的那堆书我看完了
No questions... asked.
没什么问题,要问
But, uh, Jeremy Bentham is a utilitarian philosopher.
但杰里米·边沁是个功利主义哲学家(英国哲学家)
That has nothing to do with being a detective.
这跟做侦探有什么关系
Bentham is the father of modern criminology.
边沁是近代犯罪学之父
He said that crime is the result of free will.
他说罪案是自由意志的产物
Uh, you're gonna put the acid away
我们去开门之前
before we answer the door, right?
你会把酸收起来的,对吧
Delivery for you, Mr. Holmes.
您的快递,福尔摩斯先生
Thank you, Crabtree, but I'm afraid I...
谢谢,克雷布里特,恐怕我...
Oh, my God.
老天爷啊
Is that...?
这是...
A bee in a box? Yes, it is.
盒子里的蜜蜂,的确是
Fairly unimpressive as far as bribes go.
这该是最无法收买人的贿赂了吧
Not if you're an apiculturist.
养蜂人可不会这么说
That's an Osmia Avoseta-- solitary bee
这是石巢蜂,一种独居蜂
famed for building exquisite nests from flower petals.
以用花瓣筑成精致的蜂巢而闻名
It's on the verge of extinction.
已经快绝种了
Crabtree, this is exquisite.
克雷布里特,这太贵重了
I cannot accept it.
我不能接受
Please tell Mr. Lydon not to contact me again.
请告诉莱登先生不要再找我了
I told him you are a man of convictions.
我跟他说过,你是个立场坚定的人
Perhaps now he'll believe me.
也许现在他会相信了
This is ridiculous. Single stick is your hobby.
太荒谬了,单棍是你的爱好
It's not gonna help me solve crimes.
又不能帮我破案
Aim for the pate.
瞄准头顶
Good morning, Captain.
早上好,警监
Are you in bed with a guy named Gerald Lydon?
你是不是跟杰拉尔德·莱登扯上关系了
He tried to hire me. I declined.
他想雇我,不过我拒绝了
Well, that's not what he thinks.
他可不这么想
You should get down here. He's asking for you.
你得过来一下,他要见你
Why?
为什么
I don't know, but we just arrested him.
不知道,不过我们刚把他逮捕了
He shot his driver-- guy named Crabtree.
他枪杀了他的司机,克雷布里特
He's being charged with murder.
现在被控谋杀
Lydon says he can't remember.
莱登说他记不起来了
His nurse witnessed the whole thing, though.
不过他的护士目睹了一切
There was some kind of episode..
他貌似发病了...
Yeah, well, I've been patient. Excuse me.
好了,我够有耐心的了,请让开
I want to see my father!
我想见我爸爸
No-Hey, that's not gonna happen, okay?
不行,这是不允许的,懂吗
Your dad killed somebody. This is a crime scene.
你爸爸杀了人,这是凶案现场
You guys got to step back.
你们得退后
My father is sick.
我父亲有病
Lydon's sons.
莱登的儿子
They're hands-on.
他们很有经验
Anyway, he's asking for you.
总之,他要见你
Says you're the only one he'll see.
他说他非你不见
Crabtree worked for me for 23 years.
克雷布里特为我工作了23年
I know his partner; I helped them adopt their daughter.
我认识他的另一半,还帮他们收养了女儿
I don't know how I could think that he would hurt me.
我不明白怎么会觉得他要伤害我
I'm-I'm having a hard time holding on
我现在很难分清
to what's real and what isn't.
事情的真假
Uh, this-this conviction
我确信这病
that someone did this to me...
是别人加害于我
...I don't know where it comes from.
我不知道怎么会有这种想法
And maybe it is a delusion, but everything in my life
也许真是妄想,但我生活中的一切
feels so slippery, except for that.
都显得很不可靠,除了那个想法
That feels solid.
我对它深信不疑
Help me!
帮帮我
Hey, why do you have the box with the bee in it?
你怎么拿着这个装蜜蜂的盒子
We took Gerald Lydon's case.
我们接手了杰拉尔德·莱登的案子
We did?
不是不接的吗
Well, frankly, I couldn't say no to him.
说实话,我难以拒绝他
It would have felt like denying a dying man his last wish.
就像要拒绝垂死之人的遗愿
We are taking this home,
我们先把这个带回家
and then we're going to the genetics lab
然后去那个为他确诊的
which confirmed his diagnosis.
遗传实验室
At Watt Helix, we always say our work isn't just about genetics.
在瓦特遗传学实验室,我们的工作不仅围绕遗传学
It's about healthier food. It's about a longer life.
还包括更健康的食品,助你延长寿命
It's about you.
我们要造福每一个人
Utter pabulum.
纯粹的精神鸦片
You'd think corporate science would maintain
这会让你觉得商业科学
some vestige of dignity.
还残存着一丝节操
His portrait was painted by Kirian Boyd;
他的肖像是基里安·博伊德画的
that's impressive.
真厉害
This place is a tower of ego.
自负的感觉无处不在
So, you're Sherlock Holmes?
看来,你就是夏洛克·福尔摩斯了
And Joan Watson, right?
你是乔恩·华生,对吧
Yes. Hi.
没错,你好
I'm Raph Keating; I'm president here.
我叫拉斐尔·基廷,是这里的总裁
This is Natasha Kademan.
这位是娜塔莎·凯德曼
She heads up the medical research team.
她领导着医疗研究小组
'Tash, meet Holmes and... Watson.
小塔,跟福尔摩斯和华生问声好
Natasha Kademan. I know that name.
娜塔莎·凯德曼,我听过这个名字
You wrote your dissertation
你发表过一篇名为
on "The Warrior Gene", did you not?
《勇士基因》的专题论文,是吧
Ms. Kademan conducted a study which many say
凯德曼女士进行了一项研究
isolated the gene responsible for sociopathic behavior.
号称可以隔离诱发反社会行为的基因
Sterling work.
很棒的工作
And why are you plowing these fields?
但现在你怎么搞起这个了
My funding dried up.
资金短缺
The receptionist said you have a question about Gerald Lydon.
接待员说你们想了解杰拉尔德·莱登的事
Lydon thinks someone gave him CAA?
莱登说有人害他得了CAA
Did you know about this?
你知道这事吗
Sure. He used to talk about it when he came in.
当然,他刚来时经常挂在嘴边
It sounded... delusional.
听起来像是妄想
And it may well be.
可能吧
But Mr. Lydon insists that geneticists,
但莱登先生坚持说
whose names escape him at the moment,
某些遗传学家的话
assure him that it is technically possible.
使他确信在技术上那是可能的
You diagnosed his condition,
你们诊断了他的病情
your lab has researched the disease extensively.
你们实验室对这种疾病做了全面的研究
Is it?
可行吗
I guess if you had unlimited money,
我想如果你们有花不完的钱
a great lab,
和一个好的实验室
you probably could do it.
也许的确能做到
The CAA comes from a mutation of the APP gene.
CAA来自于APP基因的变异
There may be seven people out there
大概有七个人
that might be able to crack it.
有能力破解这种变异
Could I have their names and addresses, please?
可以把他们的姓名和住址给我吗
Seriously?
你说真的
Hey, what's this?
这是什么
You're a detective now; you tell me.
你现在是侦探,你说呢
Uh, it looks like
看来
you left your dry cleaning ticket for me. Yes.
你把干洗票留给我了, 是的
The reason being... as well as being colleagues,
理由是... 除了同事关系以外
we are now embarking on a quite unusual domestic partnership,
我们还有一层非同寻常的家庭伙伴关系
so we should aggregate our errands, not duplicate them.
所以家务事我们该分工合作,避免重复劳动
So, I get the dry cleaning and you get what?
那么,我去取干洗的衣物,你呢
I shall clean our refrigerator once monthly. Agreeable?
我会一个月清理一次冰箱,同意否
You should pick that up early.
你最好早点取
We're leaving for Norway tomorrow.
我们明天要去挪威
What?
什么
I've been delving into
我深入研究了一下
our "Magnificent Seven" Geneticists,
七大遗传学家
and I have discovered a connection
从中发现了一个
which merits further exploration.
值得深入挖掘的联系
This is Dr. Ingvald Moller.
这位是因瓦德·摩勒博士
He runs a lab in Oslo,
他在奥斯陆有家实验室
which specializes in the study
致力于罕见的
of rare genetic disorders.
遗传紊乱研究
He looks very...
他看起来很像
Scandinavian. He does.
斯堪的纳维亚人, 确实
Now, his lab is affiliated with the National University,
他的实验室隶属于国立大学
which means it's publically funded, and yet Dr. Moller
也就是公立的,可是最近摩勒博士
recently put a down payment on a home on the Geiranger Fjord,
在盖朗厄尔峡湾给一栋房子交了首付
which was once owned by the Norwegian royal family.
那里曾经属于挪威皇室
Lovely place.
很不错的地方
Well outside what a public servant could afford.
完全不是一个公务员能负担得起的
And interestingly, his loan papers were cosigned
有趣的是,他的借贷文件
by one Carter Lydon.
是卡特·莱登担保的
Okay, so you think that Carter paid this guy to figure out
好吧,你的意思是卡特花钱雇他
how to give his father CAA. Interesting.
让他爸患上CAA 挺有意思的
But why do we have to go to Norway?
不过我们为什么非得去挪威
Carter Lydon lives right here.
卡特·莱登就住在这里啊
I would rather question a scientist
我更愿意盘问一个科学家
than a businessman.
而不是商人
And Norway has fjords and glaciers,
而且挪威有峡湾和冰川
and women reared on a diet of wild-caught salmon.
那里的女人都是吃野生鲑鱼长大的
Oh, that explains it.
这才是重点吧
Looks like a molecule.
像是个分子结构图
"The thing itself"-- that's a weird way to put it.
"事物的本质" 措辞真奇怪
The Warrior Gene.
《勇士基因》
The Warrior Gene-- where's the dissertation?
《勇士基因》 那篇专题论文在哪
This is Natasha Kademan's monograph.
这是娜塔莎·凯德曼的专论
I seem to remember something in the conclusion.
我记得在结论里有什么来着
"When it comes to understanding sociopathic behavior,
"若要理解反社会行为
understanding the warrior gene is paramount.
最首要的是理解勇士基因
It is the thing itself."
这才是事物的本质"
So Natasha sent this.
所以这个是娜塔莎发的
She knows what's going on.
她知道发生了什么事
Now she's panicking.
现在她很恐慌
Now she's trying to figure out her next move.
现在她在想下一步该怎么做
And if she's as smart as she seems to be,
如果她真有那么聪明
now she's realizing we are her best option.
现在她该意识到我们是她最好的选择
Ms. Kademan?
凯德曼女士
Hello?
有人在吗
We found electrician's tape covering the lock
我们发现一个后门的锁头上
on one of the back doors.
包着电工胶布
It looks like someone slipped in to commit a burglary,
看来是有人溜进来行窃
found Ms. Kademan working late.
发现凯德曼女士在加班
What were they trying to burgle, blood samples?
他们想偷什么,血样吗
No, I think not.
我看不是吧
Ms. Kademan's murder was connected
凯德曼女士的死和
to the Gerald Lydon case.
杰拉尔德·莱登的案子有关
The Gerald Lydon case is closed.
杰拉尔德·莱登的案子已经结案了
I'm not talking about the murder of his chauffeur.
我不是指他司机的谋杀案
I am talking about the investigation into who gave
我是指调查是谁
the man a substance which induced his CAA.
给他下毒诱发CAA的事
Our most promising suspect at the moment
目前最大的嫌疑人
is Lydon's son, Carter.
是莱登的儿子,卡特
CAA is inherited; you can't just give it to somebody.
CAA是遗传病,不可能随便就让人得了
Ms. Kademan thought it was possible.
凯德曼女士觉得这可以办到
In fact, she thought that's exactly what happened.
实际上,她认为事实就是如此
You believe her?
你相信她吗
She made someone nervous enough
她让凶手紧张得
to stab her half a dozen times.
整整捅了她六刀
I'm inclined to explore further.
我想再进行深入调查
I can also tell you
我也可以告诉你
this was no robbery.
这绝不是抢劫案
That portrait...
那幅肖像画
was done by Kirian Boyd.
是基里安·博伊德画的
It is by far the most valuable object in here.
它是目前所知这间屋子里最贵重的东西
Oh, but it was until it was stained
不过它沾上了几滴凶手的血之后
with several drops of the killer's blood.
价值也大打折扣
The victim's blood is all over the place.
这里到处都是死者的血
What makes you think that came from the killer?
为什么你会觉得画上的血迹是凶手的
Excellent question.
问得太好了
Watson.
华生,你来
Well,
那个
the spatters on the floor indicate that she was
地上溅开的血迹形态表明
facing away from the portrait when she was stabbed.
她在被害的的时候并不是面对着这幅画
Um, all of her wounds are on her anterior side,
而鉴于她所有的伤口都在正面
so it's tough to see how her blood ended up on the portrait.
所以很难想象她的血会溅到画上
Um, now if she tried to fight back, then...
但如果她试图反击的话,那...
Then it's easy to see how a blow to the killer's face
那就很容易想象对着凶手的迎面一击
might result in those stains.
会把血溅到画上
Kudos, Watson.
值得表扬,华生
Adequately done.
描述得充分细致
Oh, my God.
老天
'Tash.
小塔
Who's that?
那是谁
Victim's fiance?
死者的未婚夫
Came down for the I.D..
过来指认尸体
I knew that she was working with a dementia patient
我知道她在为一个叫杰拉尔德·莱登的
named Gerald Lydon, but 'Tash never told me
痴呆症病人治疗,但小塔从没告诉过我
that she thought somebody dosed him.
她认为是有人对他下毒
I'm-I'm a geneticist, too, so I'm pretty sure
我也是遗传学家,所以我肯定
she would've said something.
如果她有发现一定会告诉我
Honestly, I thought you were gonna ask me
老实说,我还以为你们会问我
about that guy Benny.
那个叫本尼的人
Benny?
本尼
Cordaro?
科达罗
Cordero?
还是科德罗来着
He was in prison for stabbing someone
他在小塔研究勇士基因期间
when 'Tash was doing her warrior gene research.
因为故意伤人罪入狱
He claimed that she used his blood without permission.
他声称她未经允许就使用了他的血样
He came down here, like, a month ago to scream at her.
他大概一个月之前来这里,对她大吼大叫
Well, we'll look into it.
好的,我们会跟进调查的
Oh, I haven't seen those since organic chem.
上完有机化学课后,我就再没见过那些模型
Natasha thought you could induce CAA.
娜塔莎认为CAA可以人为诱发
You think that's how you do it?
所以你才摆弄这些模型吗
Certainly seems possible.
看来完全有可能
But this-Oh, don't touch.
但这... 别乱碰
Obviously, this is a rendering of a molecule,
显然,这是一种分子的结构示意图
but the elements aren't labeled, so I can't tell which molecule.
但元素并没有标注,所以我不知道是哪种分子
Until I do, I can't say for certain.
在我知道之前,我还不能肯定
Well, she did give you a list of the best geneticists
她不是给了你一份全球最顶尖的遗传学家名单
in the world; have you thought about asking one of them?
你不能找他们其中一个问问吗
You mean our pool of suspects?
你是说去问我们的嫌疑人吗
Hmm. If I haven't decoded this thing by morning,
要是明早我还没破译这个示意图
we'll send it to someone unconnected with the case.
我们就去找个和案子无关的人问问
I worked hard on that dinosaur.
我费了好大劲才搭好那个怪物
I spent some time with that picture Natasha sent last night.
昨晚我研究了一下娜塔莎发来的那张图片
I figured out most of the elements,
我推测出了大部分的元素构成
and then the rest I sent on to my old genetics professor.
剩下的我请教了以前的遗传学教授
In the middle of the night?
大半夜去请教
Well, he has insomnia, so he's always up
他有失眠,反正两点到四点
2:00 and 4:00 anyway.
也总是睡不着
You were romantically involved
你和你的遗传学老师
with your genetics instructor.
关系不一般啊
Jerry was amazed by this.
杰瑞对这张图很是惊讶
He said it was like looking at something
他说感觉就像在看
out of Leonardo da Vinci's sketchbook.
列奥纳多·达芬奇的写生簿
It's a man-made chemical
这是多环烃族的
from the polycyclic hydrocarbon family.
一种人工合成化合物
It's like we thought.
就如我们所想
This is a mutagen
这是一种能够
that targets the stretch of the genome
诱导控制遗传性CAA的
that is responsible for hereditary CAA.
基因组突变的诱变剂
That's quite beautiful.
干得真漂亮
So,
所以
all we have to do now is prove
我们现在只要能证明有人
that someone paid a genius to develop this
花钱请了一位天才开发了这种物质
and then used it on Gerald Lydon.
并把它用在了杰拉尔德·莱登身上就行了
That should be a fascinating day's work.
那真是让人着迷的工作
It's cold. Did you pick up my sweaters?
好冷,你去取了我的毛衣吗
Seriously?
你说真的吗
I will thank you for the molecular formula
等我足够暖和了之后
when I'm sufficiently warm to do so.
会为分子式的事向你道谢的
Hi.
你好
She say, "Wait one second, almost commercial".
她说"等一会,马上放广告了"
She say she never seen you before.
她说以前没见过你
Uh, I'm here for a friend.
是啊,我是替朋友取衣服
Wow, that's quite a coat.
那件大衣真厚实
It's warm.
也很保暖
Um, don't you want money?
你不收钱吗
She says $75.
她说75块
For four sweaters?
四件毛衣就要这么多
Okay, $19 then.
好吧,那19块
Um, could I get a receipt?
可以给我一张收据吗
No.
不可以
So, Benny, you're saying
本尼,你说
you were mad at Ms. Kademan.
你对凯德曼女士很恼火
Hell yeah, I was mad at her.
没错,我对她很恼火
I signed up for her study to get brownie points
我报名参加了她的研究
with the parole board.
为假释赢点印象分
She called me an incurable sociopath.
她说我是无药可救的反社会分子
You think that didn't add time to my sentence?
那不是摆明了要让老子加刑吗
So you went to Ms. Kademan's office a few weeks ago
所以你在几周前去凯德曼的办公室威胁她
to threaten her, and last night you killed her.
然后在昨晚杀了她
No.
我没有
You don't have an alibi.
你没有不在场证明
Yeah, but it wasn't like that.
没错,但我没干过
What's with Main Moon Dry Cleaning?
那个主要月亮干洗店是怎么回事
I'll admit the new management is not much for efficiency,
我承认新的经营模式不够高效
but I find them charming.
不过我觉得挺有意思
That's Benjamin Cordero.
那个就是本杰明·科德罗
Career blackmailer, general blackguard.
职业敲诈犯,典型的流氓
Also innocent of the murder of Natasha Kademan,
但不是杀害娜塔莎·凯德曼的凶手
which I would very much like to get back to solving.
所以我又要重新推理了
We don't need your DNA, genius.
我们不需要你的DNA 自作聪明的家伙
You're a convicted felon.
你是个有前科的罪犯
We got a sample on file.
我们有你的样本记录
Which means you got a very short window
给你考虑是否和我们合作的
to cooperate with us.
时机非常短暂
So, you want to make a statement?
所以,你有什么要说的吗
You delay, but time will not!
你可以拖延,但时不我待
That's a quote--
那是引用名人名言
Benjamin Franklin. I know who said it.
本杰明·富兰克林说的, 我知道是谁说的
I just don't know why you're shouting it through the mirror!
我只是不知道你为什么要在镜子后面吼
This crime has a certain elegance to it.
这个案子是经过精心设计的
It involves careful planning, scientific innovation,
它包括周密的计划,科学的研究
a country home in the Norwegian Fjords.
还有挪威峡湾的乡间基地
That prosaic individual has no place in it.
那个凡夫俗子不可能有这个本事
He had beef with Natasha Kademan.
他和凯德曼有过节
He's been to jail for a stabbing.
还因为伤人罪被判刑
Okay by you if we run his DNA?
我们查一下他的DNA你没有意见吧
It's not my place to tell you your job.
我没资格指导你的工作
But by the time you get your results back,
但等你们拿到检测结果的时候
I will be that much closer to proving that someone,
我已经离发现真凶更进一步了
most probably Carter Lydon working in concert
最有嫌疑的是卡特·莱登
with a Norwegian geneticist,
他和一个挪威遗传学家合作
poisoned Gerald Lydon with a hitherto
用一种迄今为止不为人知的化合物
nonexistent compound
毒害了杰拉尔德·莱登
and then murdered Natasha Kademan
在娜塔莎·凯德曼发现
when she found out what they were up to.
他们的计划后,杀了她
Oh, I take it back.
我收回我刚才的话
Your version sounds much more plausible.
你的观点听起来更合理
Sorry, you think there's actually something
你们认为我父亲的事
to my dad's story?
另有蹊跷吗
We do.
是的
And we think that elements within the company
我们认为公司内部的一些事情
may be responsible.
可能与其有关
Elements? What elements?
事情,什么事情
I'd rather not say.
我还不能说
What I would like
我希望
is root access to your company's servers.
得到进入公司服务器的权利
We may be able to build a case by tracking e-mails.
这样也许能通过追踪邮件找出问题
Uh, I mean, I don't know if I can do that, guys.
我不知道我能否帮到你们
I mean, there are big changes coming here.
公司正在进行大范围调整
I don't even know what job I'm gonna have next week.
我都不知道下周我的工作会是什么
Your job? We're talking about your father.
你的工作,我们在说你父亲的事
My father doesn't need your help.
我父亲不需要你们的帮助
That's for him to determine.
这由他说了算
Thanks for your text. Mm-hmm.
谢谢你的短信, 不客气
And actually, it's not my dad's decision.
事实上,这不是我父亲的决定
He was declared legally incompetent this morning.
今早他已被诊断为无行为能力的人
Your services are no longer needed.
你们的服务结束了
Get out.
出去
Actually, our contract with your father calls
事实上,我们和你父亲的合同规定
for termination in writing, countersigned by both parties.
服务关系终止需要双方签字的书面证明
Sign here.
签在这里
It worked.
有效果
The thing with the termination letter.
那张终止合作的纸
I mean, obviously we don't even have
尽管我们并没有和
a contract with Gerald Lydon,
杰拉尔德·莱登签合同
but I noticed that Carter bites his nails.
但我发现卡特有咬指甲的习惯
People who bite their nails tend
喜欢咬指甲的人也会
to chew writing implements as well.
有咬笔头的习惯
Well, he never asked for it back.
他没把笔要回去
You know, maybe we can get a DNA sample.
所以我们可以从笔上提取DNA样本
If he killed Natasha, then we've got him.
如果他是凶手,我们就有证据了
I just need a plastic bag.
我只是需要一个证物袋
Not a bad gambit, Watson, though a hair sample would be better.
是个不错的开始,华生,但头发样本更好
A hair sample?
头发样本
What do you want from me?
你想让我做什么
Nothing. I have a sample already.
没什么,我已经有样本了
Carter, like many people who slick their hair back,
和大多数向后梳头发的人一样
carries a comb, so I picked his pockets.
卡特随身带着梳子,我偷来了
If you want to be a detective,
如果你想成为一名侦探
you should get in the habit of carrying evidence bags.
就该养成随时带证物袋的习惯
Detective Bell.
贝尔警探
We may well have cracked the case.
我们可能很快就能破案了
Benny Cordero's DNA came back a match
本尼·科德罗的DNA
for the blood at the scene.
和犯罪现场的血液相吻合
I hate to burst your bubble,
可能要让你扫兴了
but we're booking him for murder.
但我们已经定罪了
There's no my blood. No way, no how.
现场有我的血迹,不可能
It's not even possible.
这不可能
Look, we test 13 different genetic markers.
我们检测了13组基因标记
Every single one of them was a perfect match.
每一个都和现场血迹完全吻合
Then somebody set me up.
那就是有人陷害我
Look, I know this looks bad.
我知道这看起来像我干的
Doesn't look like anything.
不是看起来
We know what happened.
我们知道发生了什么
It's over.
案件结束了
W-What if I did have an alibi?
如果我有不在场证据呢
I live in this courtyard building,
我住的地方是庭院式建筑
and the couple across the way,
住在对面的夫妻
they don't close their blinds that much.
不怎么拉窗帘
I notice stuff
我发现
with the husband and the nanny.
丈夫和保姆偷情
Just holding hands first, then some kissing.
先是拉着手,之后是接吻
So the night the Kademan lady got killed,
凯德曼被杀那晚
I got my camera out, I put the zoom lens on.
我拿出照相机,安上变焦镜头
So you're saying your alibi is that you were home,
所以你的不在场证据是你在家
taking blackmail shots of one of your neighbors?
偷拍你的邻居,想用此敲诈他们
Well... yeah.
就,是啊
Are these the same sweaters I picked up yesterday?
这是我昨天取回来的毛衣吗
You're a detective now. You tell me.
你现在是个侦探,你告诉我
Yes, same sweaters.
是的,一样的毛衣
You left them outside my room by accident?
你是碰巧丢在我门口的吗
I was setting up to practice my calligraphy
我刚拆开干洗的衣服时
at the same time i was unpacking the dry cleaning.
正在准备练习书法的用具
There was a mishap.
不小心弄脏了
We agreed that you were in charge of the dry cleaning,
我们同意由你负责干洗问题
but we didn't say how often you'd have to go.
但并没说你多久要做一次
Fine, well, I'm picking another place.
好吧,我换一家干洗店
When they're your clothes,
如果是你的衣服
you're free to go wherever you like.
你随意选干洗店
My clothes have to go to Main Moon.
我的衣服一定要送到主要月亮去
I'm sensitive to the chemicals in dry cleaning,
我对于干洗用的化学剂很敏感
and they use only the gentlest emollients.
他家用的是最温和的柔顺剂
Really? Yes.
真的吗, 是的
Now, as much as I love dry cleaning,
现在,尽管我喜欢干洗这个话题
I'm trying to get some thinking done.
但我正在想别的问题
Oh, so you still think Benny Cordero didn't kill Natasha?
你还是不相信凶手是本尼·科德罗
Never mind the fact that no one plans a blackmail
首先,没有人能在同一个晚上
and commits murder on the same evening,
计划勒索和谋杀两件事情
the man has no connection to the Lydons,
其次,这人和莱登家族没有联系
and his supposed victim
而受害者
texted us the formula for inducing CAA
在被刺前20分钟
and got stabbed 20 minutes later.
将诱发CAA的分子结构发给了我们
Can't be a coincidence.
这不可能是巧合
I'm trying to think of alternative explanations.
我在思考其他解释
Possibility one
解释一
is obvious, which is why Mr. Cordero
很明显,就像科德罗
put it forth himself.
辩解的那样
Someone got ahold of his blood
有人拿到了他的血液样本
and then planted it at the crime scene.
把它布置在案发现场
Not unheard of,
也不是没发生过
but also an investigative dead end.
但是无法继续追查
I can't prove that it didn't happen.
我不能证明这事没有发生过
I get absolutely nowhere looking into it.
完全无从下手
There's no evidence that anyone other than Benny Cordero
没有证据表明当晚除了本尼·科德罗
was at Watt Helix that night,
还有人在瓦特遗传学实验室出现
which is why I'm considering possibility two.
我从这个角度思考第二种可能性
It's blank.
纸上是空白的
Possibility two has stubbornly refused to reveal itself.
解释二一直不愿意现身
Well, keep staring at the wall.
继续盯着墙看吧
I'm sure it's hiding in there somewhere.
它也许藏在某个地方呢
Hi again.
你好
Little accident with the sweaters.
干洗毛衣
Slow day yesterday?
昨天生意不好吗
She say, "Why you ask that?"
她问你为什么这么问
So she understands English, she just doesn't speak it?
她能听懂英语但不会说吗
I'm only asking because, uh,
我问是因为
that mink coat is in the same exact place
那件貂皮大衣挂的地方跟
it was yesterday, so that means
我昨天来时一样,也就是说
that hasn't been turned on since I left.
我走后一直没生意
She say, "Slow day yesterday."
她说昨天生意不好
Do dry cleaners get robbed a lot?
干洗店经常被抢吗
I just noticed that you have
我只是发现
six very expensive security cameras here
你店里有六个很昂贵的摄像头
and then two more at the front door.
门口还有两个
Seems like a lot.
似乎太多了点
They came when we buy place.
我们买下这个地方的时候就有了
Problem?
有问题吗
No, that's not...
没有
That's not a problem.
没问题
Thanks.
谢谢
I figured it out.
我明白了
I-I'm sorry to interrupt,
不好意思打扰一下
um, but I know exactly what you were up to.
但我知道你的目的是什么了
I sincerely doubt that.
我表示怀疑
Would you excuse us for a moment?
能给我们几分钟吗
There is a reason why you keep sending me to Main Moon.
你不断让我去主要月亮是有原因的
They don't do any business, they don't even know
他们根本不做生意,他们不知道
how much to charge, and they have a load of security cameras.
收多少钱,他们还有很多摄像头
There's definitely something going on.
里面一定有猫腻
Watson, I admire your enthusiasm.
华生,我很欣赏你的热情
I have no idea what you're on about.
但我不知道你在说什么
You wanted me to notice.
你想让我注意到
I wanted my sweaters.
我想要我的毛衣
Now, I know I have counseled you to be alert,
尽管我建议你警觉一点
but that doesn't mean that there is a conspiracy lurking
并不是说每件事情后
behind every door.
都有阴谋
Okay, so what are you up to then?
好吧,那你在做什么
After you went to bed, I spent a good hour
在你去睡觉之后,我花了整整一小时
trying to reckon how an innocent man's blood
想要弄明白,为什么一个无辜的人的血
could wind up at the scene of a murder
会跑到谋杀现场去
if it wasn't planted there.
如果不是故意布置在那的话
Then I remembered something that you said.
然后我想起你提过的一些事
The late Mrs. Kademan gave us a list
已故的凯德曼小姐曾给过我们一份
of the top geneticists in the world.
世界顶尖遗传学者的名单
Why not ask them?
为什么不问问他们呢
Everyone, say hello to Miss Watson.
各位,向华生小姐问好
Hi.
你好
Good morning.
早上好
I left Dr. Moller from Norway off the list.
我把挪威的摩勒教授从名单中除掉了
Now, the others were a bit confused at first,
现在,其他人刚开始都有点迷惑
but after I posed the problem to them,
但当我把问题告诉他们后
we had quite a lively discussion, didn't we?
我们进行了激烈的讨论,对吗
Yes.
没错
Turns out, there is another possibility.
我们发现,还有另外一种可能性
Jurgi, would you please explain your breakthrough
尤尔吉,可以请你向华生小姐解释下
to Miss Watson?
你的重大突破吗
It's quite simple, really, though I should give you
这实际上非常简单,但是我应该给你
a grounding in cellular biology.
补充些细胞生物学的基础知识
Another time perhaps, Jurgi. Actually, you know what,
也许下次吧,尤尔吉,实际上
I'll call you all back. Thank you.
我会再打给你们,多谢
He's a brilliant man, a little bit long-winded.
他确实才华横溢,但也有点絮叨
Gist of it is: law enforcement runs
要点如下,执法机关会进行
a standard DNA test
一个标准DNA测试
called STR analysis.
叫做STR分析
It's actually a bit imprecise.
它实际上不是很准确
It tests 13 loci against each other,
它只比对十三组基因座
when there are countless possibilities.
但其实还有其他无数种可能性
All assembled agree that technology has advanced
我们所有人都认为现在科技已经足够发达
to the point where you could manufacture
发达到可以制造出
a match of 13 loci.
匹配的十三组基因座
So you're saying you can fake a DNA sample?
所以你是说你可以伪造DNA样本
All you would need is access to a top-tier lab
你所需要的是能够使用顶级实验室的设备
and access to someone's genetic code.
并搞到什么人的遗传密码
And I'm not just saying that you could do it,
而且我并不是说你可以做到这件事
I just regathered my round table to tell them
我刚刚重新组织了圆桌会议并告知他们
that in this case, someone did do it.
在这个案子里,有人确实这么做了
How could you possibly know that?
你怎么可能知道呢
I called in a favor
我请法医官的
from the medical examiner's DNA lab.
DNA实验室帮了个小忙
They provided a sample of the blood found
他们提供了一份在娜塔莎·凯德曼
at the scene of Natasha Kademan's murder
谋杀现场发现的血液样本
for a full workup.
来做一个全面检测
A friend of Jurgi's at Columbia handled the analysis.
尤尔吉一个在哥伦比亚的朋友做了分析
All 13 loci tested in STR analysis
STR分析里所检测的十三组基因座
were a perfect match for Benny Cordero,
与本尼·科德罗完全匹配
but there were no other loci at all in the sample.
但在这份样本里完全没有其他任何基因座
So you're saying someone stripped a blood sample
所以你是说有人从血液样本中
of its genetic material
把遗传物质分离出来
and then created a match for the loci
然后将那些他们知道警方会检查的
they knew the police would check?
基因座改造成与某人匹配的样子
Only a geneticist would be able to carry that out.
这只有遗传学家才有可能完成
It seems like everyone connected to this case is a geneticist.
看起来所有与本案相关的人都是遗传学家
But only one pointed us in the direction
但只有一个人一开始将我们的注意力
of Benny Cordero in the first place.
转移到了本尼·科德罗身上
So, this morning, my consultant
今天早上,我的顾问
marches into my office
冲进我的办公室
and says the damndest thing.
告诉我一件愚蠢至极的事
He thinks it's possible to manufacture a DNA sample.
他认为DNA样品是有可能被人为制造的
Thing is, he was right.
而且,他一点都没错
The blood that we found
在你未婚妻谋杀现场
at the scene of your fiancee's murder,
找到的血迹
it didn't belong to Benny Cordero.
并不属于本尼·科德罗
It was just designed to look that way.
它只是被设计成看起来是他的而已
Well, that sounds kind of crazy.
这听起来有点疯狂吧
Now, you work for Ubient Pharmaceuticals, right?
你在尤比安特制药工作,对吗
I bet they have nice labs.
我打赌他们一定有很棒的实验室
What are you saying?
你到底想说什么
Paul, come on.
保罗,别装了
We know the sample was faked.
我们知道那样品是伪造的
We know you pointed us
也知道是你最先让我们
at Benny Cordero in the first place.
注意本尼·科德罗的
We know you had access to his genetic makeup
还有你可以通过你的未婚妻
via your fiancee.
接触到他的基因组成
We know your employer
还知道你的老板
has probably the top lab in the city.
拥有可能是市里最好的实验室
We also have a pretty good idea
而且我们还非常清楚
of the equipment you'd need to manufacture
制造冒牌DNA样品你需要
a fake DNA sample.
哪些设备
Now, we can get a court order to look at it,
现在,我们可以拿到法院指令去检查
but as it turns out, we don't need to.
但是后来发现,我们并不需要
We shared everything
我们把所知道的信息
we know with your bosses.
跟你的老板分享了一下
They gave us access.
他们直接给了我们权限
Our crime scene unit is processing the lab
此时此刻犯罪现场小组正在搜查
as we speak.
实验室
You may think you've covered your tracks,
你也许认为你将痕迹都藏好了
but if you made the sample there,
但如果你是在那制作的样品
we'll find it.
我们一定会找出来的
Why did you murder your fiancee?
你为什么要杀死你的未婚妻
Right after we got engaged,
就在我们订婚之后
'Tash and I had complete genetic workups done.
小塔和我完成了完整的基因诊断方法
Natasha asked them to check
娜塔莎要求他们检查
us both for the warrior gene,
我们两个有没有勇士基因
the gene that she isolated in her research--
就是那种她在研究中分离出来的
just being thorough.
只是谨慎起见
Turns out, I have it.
结果发现,我有那基因
My DNA says I'm a sociopath.
我的DNA说明我是一个反社会人格
She said it wouldn't change anything, but...
她说这并不会改变什么,但是
I could feel her pulling away.
我能感觉到她在逐渐疏远
Then the late-night phone calls started,
然后就开始半夜打电话
the long hours at work.
长时间的工作
She was moving on.
她继续她的生活
Moving on and stepping out.
慢慢远离我的生活
You think she was cheating on you?
你认为她对你不忠吗
A guy knows.
我很肯定
And I even had a name.
而且我连名字都知道了
Lincoln Dunwoody.
林肯·邓伍迪
I knew that she was planning to leave,
我知道她想要离开
and she doesn't get to make that call.
但这不是由她说了算的
So you're saying you murdered her out of jealousy?
所以你是说你因为吃醋而杀了她
I guess I knew for a while that it was gonna end like this.
我想我早就想到事情会这样收场
That's why I made the blood.
所以我才制作了血液样本
But last Tuesday,
但是上周二
she called to cancel our dinner date
她打电话来取消我们的晚餐约会
on my birthday.
就在我生日当天
That was it.
我忍不下去了
So where does Carter Lydon fit in?
就是这时卡特·莱登介入的吗
The formula for inducing hereditary CAA?
为诱发遗传性CAA而制定的方案
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在说什么
I'm talking about the plan to poison Gerald Lydon.
我说的是毒害杰拉尔德·莱登的计划
Look, I killed 'Tash.
是我杀的小塔
Okay? I am telling you that.
行吗,我全坦白
But I don't know how to induce CAA.
但我不知道怎么诱发CAA
I don't even remember what it stands for.
我甚至不记得它是什么的缩写
I caught most of the Reeves stuff from the bullpen,
里夫斯的事我在犯人候审处听了个大概
then Bell filled me in on the rest.
贝尔也把余下的告诉我了
Look, I know you thought it was all connected
我知道你觉得所有这些都是有联系的
and that finding Natasha's killer
而找出杀害娜塔莎的凶手
was gonna help explain
将有助于我们弄明白
what happened to Gerald Lydon,
发生在杰拉尔德·莱登身上的事
but it didn't work out that way.
但事情并不总随人愿
But we do have a murderer in custody,
但我们确实拘留了一个杀人犯
and you got around a fake DNA sample.
而且你也解决了伪造DNA样品的问题
Strange name.
很奇怪的名字
Did you know there's no one called Lincoln Dunwoody
你知不知道在整个纽约都没有一个
in the whole of New York?
叫林肯·邓伍迪的人
At first, I thought Natasha Kademan's
起初,我以为娜塔莎·凯德曼的
paramour was using a fake name for their affair.
情夫在与她交往时使用了假名
But...
但是
...when you separate the two names,
如果你将这两个名字分开
treat them as two surnames rather than
把他们看成是两个姓而不是
one nonexistent person,
一个并不存在的人的话
you get a very interesting result.
你会得到一个很有趣的结论
This Lincoln family
这个林肯家族
has a long history of generous philanthropy.
在慷慨的慈善事业上有着悠久的历史
So, too, does this Dunwoody family.
而且,邓伍迪家族也是一样
The Lincoln family's patriarch is James Lincoln.
林肯家族的元老是詹姆士·林肯
He recently retired
他最近退休了
after a sudden and unexpected diagnosis
在很突然并出人意料得被诊断为
of cerebral amyloid angiopathy.
大脑淀粉样血管病之后
There's no history of the disease in his family.
他没有任何该病的家庭病史
That is weird.
这确实很奇怪
I don't think Natasha Kademan was having an affair at all.
我根本不认为娜塔莎·凯德曼在偷情
I think she was trying to expose a plot to poison these men.
我认为她是在试着揭露毒害这些人的阴谋
Well, you only know of two cases, right?
但你只知道两个例子,不是吗
I mean, CAA is incredibly rare,
我是说, CAA确实极为罕见
but that could be just a coincidence.
但这也很可能只是巧合
What if there was a third person stricken?
假如还有第三个中招的人呢
Is there?
有吗
I don't know.
我不知道
But I do know that a woman called Greta Dunwoody
但是我的确知道一名叫格蕾塔·邓伍迪的
recently retired as president of her family's foundation.
女人刚刚以家族基金会的董事长身份退休
She's dropped off the society pages,
她突然很少露面公众活动
and no one is quite sure what's happened to her.
也没知道到底发生了什么事
Well, we need to find her.
我们得找到她
Apparently, the family's keeping shtum.
显然其家人对其三缄其口
But read the list of grants.
但是读读这个捐款清单
Well, they just donated $20 million to St. Bede's Hospital.
他们刚刚向圣比德医院捐了两千万美元
If she was sick, I would say
如果她生病了,我觉得
that would be a good place to start looking.
可以从那里开始找她
Ms. Dunwoody?
邓伍迪女士
They told us we'd find you in here.
他们说能在这里找到你
Um... these are for you.
这些是给你的
They're beautiful.
它们真漂亮
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're not my son, are you?
你不是我儿子吧,对吗
No, we... we just thought we'd check in on you.
不,我们只是想来看看你
Oh, that's nice.
你们人真好
Do you mind if I practice?
你不介意我练习吧
I have to keep practicing
如果我想进入茱莉亚音乐学院的话
if I want to get into Juilliard.
就得多多练习
Amazing.
厉害
The brain decays, but muscle memory remains.
大脑衰退了,但是肌肉记忆还在
Gerald Lydon wasn't the only target.
杰拉尔德·莱登不是唯一的目标
Someone's poisoning these people.
有人在毒害这些人
You're cleaning the fridge out now?
你居然现在清理冰箱
It's my half of our agreement.
这是在履行我的那一半责任
Well, I was hoping you could help me figure out
我希望你能帮我想出
who's giving rich people CAA.
是谁让那些富人患上CAA
Yes, that was first on my list.
是的,那个曾是我最优先要解决的
Now the refrigerator.
现在则是冰箱
You have a suspect. Who?
你有嫌疑人了,谁啊
You're a detective; you tell me.
你是个侦探,你来告诉我
Fine. Uh...
好吧
Okay, it's not Carter Lydon.
不是卡特·莱登
I mean, he has a motive to want his father sick,
他有想让他父亲得病的动机
but he has no reason to attack strangers.
但是他没有理由陷害陌生人
Maybe he cosigned that loan for that guy in Norway
也许他为那个挪威家伙的贷款担保
because he wanted him
是因为他想让那人
to help with his father's case.
帮他处理他父亲的案子
So who does have motive to attack
那么谁有动机会陷害
three seemingly unconnected strangers?
三个看似毫无关联的陌生人呢
The victims are three rich people.
三个受害人都很有钱
They all have charitable foundations.
他们都有慈善基金会
The only people that would benefit
唯一能从因CAA病倒的
from wealthy philanthropists coming down with CAA
富裕慈善家身上得利的
are the people raising money to study the disease.
也只有为了研究这个疾病而筹款的人
Induce CAA in some of New York's wealthiest,
让纽约最富裕的人患上CAA
then sit back and wait for donations to flow in.
然后什么也不用管,就等捐款流入就行了
Not all the victims would contribute,
不是所有受害者都会捐款
so you'd have to dose more than one.
所以必须向不止一人投毒
Did you know the Lincoln Foundation
你知道吗,林肯基金会
gave a rather generous grant
向瓦特遗传学研究所的实验室
to the research labs at Watt Helix?
捐赠了一笔不小的数目
Natasha's company.
娜塔莎的公司
She was a whistle-blower.
她是个告密者
There's got to be, what, 50 people
那里得有,多少,五十个人
working in research there?
在那里做研究工作吧
But how many of them are capable of inventing
但是有多少人有能力发明出
an entirely new molecule which attacks a specific gene?
能攻击特定基因的完全新型的分子
Well, it's got to be the smartest person there.
肯定是那里最聪明的人
Of course,
当然了
that person might not still work there on a daily basis.
那人可能现在不用每天去那里工作了
Mr. Watt,
瓦特先生
did you know that before Ms. Kademan was killed,
你是否知道在凯德曼女士被杀之前
she was working to expose a scandal?
她正要揭发一个丑闻
It's quite a story.
这故事可精彩了
She thought that someone at Watt Helix
她认为瓦特遗传学研究所里有人
was inducing mutations in wealthy people
在富人身上诱导基因变异
to attract funding for research into CAA.
以吸引到CAA的研究经费
We think she was right.
我们认为她是对的
That's... shocking.
这,太震惊了
I assume you have evidence.
你们有证据吗
Whoever developed the molecule was brilliant.
研发出这个分子的人才华横溢
A towering intellect.
智慧超群
Someone a lot like you.
就像你这样的人
I hope that's not an accusation.
我希望你这不是在指控
Brian Watt is a decorated physician.
布莱恩·瓦特是位出色的内科医生
He has a sterling reputation.
他品格优秀
Why would he risk that for... whatever you're describing?
为什么他会为了你说的这个冒风险
We spent a good deal of time
我们也花了好长时间
puzzling over that ourselves, didn't we? Yeah.
思考这个问题,不是吗
We came up with a theory, but we couldn't be sure of it
我们有一个猜想,但直到了解你的详细情况
until we got a good look at you.
我们才得以真正确定
You have hereditary CAA, don't you, Mr. Watt?
你有遗传性CAA 对吗,瓦特先生
That's why you're semi-retired, and that's why
所以你处于半退休状态,这也是为什么
you haven't said a word since you came in.
你从进来开始就没说一个字
We know it's in your family.
我们知道你家族有相关病史
Probably why you got into genetics in the first place,
这或许就是你一开始投身于遗传学的原因
find a way around the death sentence
试图找到能避开流淌于
that you carry in your DNA.
你DNA中的死刑的方法
But you got sick.
但是你发病了
Research wasn't going fast enough.
研究进度不够快
So in your more lucid moments,
所以在你神智尚且清醒时
you hatch a plan to attract bigger and bigger money.
你想出了一个能圈到很多很多钱的计划
All you'd have to do
你要做的就是
is to introduce the chemical you developed
把你研发出的化学物质
into someone's I.V.
导入到某人的静脉中
All the victims had procedures at Stuyvesant Memorial,
所有受害者都在司徒韦桑纪念医院做过手术
a hospital where you still hold privileges.
就是你仍保有特权的医院
You're wrong.
你错了
Well, then, you won't mind
那么,你不介意
if we take a look inside your home, will you?
我们去你家看看吧,对吗
'Cause there won't be any more of the chemical
因为那里不会有更多的投毒
needed for further attacks.
所需要的化学物质
We have team of detectives heading to his home
此时此刻,我们有一队警探
as we speak.
正赶往他的家
Entrepreneur Dr. Brian Watt
实业家布莱恩·瓦特医生
has been charged in a bizarre string of poisonings.
被指控跟一系列离奇的投毒案有关
Watt has been arrested this morning outside the corporate...
今早瓦特在其公司外被捕
Hi there. Are my sweaters ready?
你好,毛衣洗好了吗
I didn't think so.
我不认为
This is Detective Bell from the NYPD.
这是纽约警署的贝尔警探
I told him about the world's worst dry cleaner's,
我向他描述了世界上最糟的干洗店
and he got curious.
他很好奇
Do you know who bought this place
你知不知道是谁从
from the Korean couple who used to own it?
这店以前的韩国老板手中买走了这地方
It's a shell company.
是家空壳公司
I can't even pronounce it,
我都不会读那个音
but my friends at the NYPD know all about it.
但是我在纽约警署的朋友知道一切
They think it's linked to smuggling,
他们认为那家公司涉嫌走私
human trafficking... other fun stuff.
人口贩卖,还有其他的犯罪行为
So now I know why you're so terrible at dry cleaning.
我现在知道为什么你们的干洗这么糟糕了
Because the only thing your owners want you to clean
因为你们的主人想让你们洗的
is their money.
只是他们的钱
And given all the security cameras you have in here,
考虑到你们这里所有的监控摄像头
I bet if we execute this search warrant we brought with us,
我敢说如果我们执行这张搜查令
we'd find plenty of it. Is that true?
一定能发现不少东西,对吧
All right, get up. Put your hands behind your back.
站起来,把双手放在背后
I did it!
我做到了
Close that door immediately!
赶紧关上门
What's up?
怎么了
I was examining the osmia avosetta
我正在观察杰拉尔德·莱登
that Gerald Lydon gave me, and it got loose.
给我的石巢蜂,它飞出来了
Oh, so there's an almost-extinct bee flying around in here?
所以这里关着一只快要灭绝的蜜蜂吗
Yes, and I would rather it didn't get out.
是的,我希望它不要飞出去了
Okay. Well, I took care of it.
好吧,我解决了
That dry cleaner you sent me to,
你派我去的那家干洗店
you deduced what they were up to.
你推理出了他们的阴谋
Bell sent in somebody to search it, and everybody's arrested.
贝尔派人去搜查那里,逮捕了所有人
Thought I was gonna have to send you back there
我还以为得再派你去那里三次
three more times. Well done.
才能解决呢,干得好
Why didn't you tell me when I came to you yesterday?
为什么昨天我问你的时候你不告诉我呢
I wanted you to...
我想让你
learn to trust your own instincts.
学会相信自己的直觉
Good detective knows that every task, every interaction,
好的侦探知道每个任务,每次互动
no matter how seemingly banal,
无论看起来多平淡无奇
has the potential to contain multitudes.
都可能包含大量信息
I live my life alert to this possibility.
我时刻警惕着这种可能性
I expect my colleagues to do the same.
我期望我的同事也能做到