Previously on Elementary...
《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
He's only loved one person
据我所知
in his life, as far as I can tell,
他一生只爱过一个人
and she was murdered.
而她却惨遭杀害
My name is Moriarty.
我的名字叫莫里亚蒂
I believe we're overdue for a chat.
我相信这对话久违了
Moriarty said you weren't to be harmed,
莫里亚蒂说不能让你受伤
but then, a few hours ago, she tried
但几个小时前
to have me killed. "She"?
她试图杀了我,"她"
Moriarty.
莫里亚蒂
So who was the man I spoke to on the phone?
那跟我讲电话的那个男人是谁
You talked to one of my lieutenants.
跟你说话的是我的一个副手
He has, over the years, played the role repeatedly.
多年来他一直扮演这个角色
You said
你说
there was only one person in the world
世上只有一人
who could surprise you.
能让你感到意外
Turns out there's two.
看来是有两个
I'm going to get a coffee with a guy from True Romantix.
我要去和真爱网上认识的一位男士喝咖啡
I told him I only have an hour, so
我和他说我只有一个小时的空闲时间
if he is a dud,
所以如果他很没劲的话
I will be back soon.
我很快就回来了
I'm certain it will be a profound experience
我肯定你俩
for the both of you.
会共度愉快的时光
Are you out of clean laundry?
你没干净衣服穿了吗
Enjoy.
自个儿慢慢玩吧
We have spilled much ink, you and I,
你与我,我们花费很多笔墨
in our discussion of human connection...
来讨论人际关系
and we're no closer to understanding
但自我们通信开始
than we were when the correspondence began.
却从未增进共识
I often feel as if I'm standing
我总感觉自己好似
on one side of a wide chasm,
站在大峡谷的一边
shouting across,
大声呼喊
and wondering if the response I hear comes from you,
思考我所听见的回复,是来自于你
or if it is my own voice echoing back to me.
还只是自己的回声
It seems to me, on my side of the canyon,
在我这边的峡谷
that the search for unity with another
寻求他人的相伴
is the font of much of the world's unhappiness.
似乎是这个世界大部分不幸的根源
I watch as Watson, eager as ever to extract some meaning
我眼见华生一如既往地渴望
from the prevailing social conventions,
从普遍的社会习俗里,找出其中意义
endures a series of curated mating rituals.
经历了一场又一场安排好的相亲
It seems to me that she's incrementally
而在我看来,每次相亲归来
less content each time she returns from one.
她的不满反而会递增
I conduct myself as though
我把自己定位为
I'm above matters of the heart,
虽然超脱于世俗感情
chiefly because I have seen them corrode people I respect.
主要因为我曾亲眼见证它毁了我所尊敬的人
But in my candid moments,
但在我真性流露的时刻
I sometimes wonder if I take the stance I do because love,
我有时会思考自己这么想是否因为爱
for lack of a better word,
鉴于我找不到更贴切的词汇
is a game I fail to understand,
是一场我无法理解的游戏
and so I opt not to play.
所以我选择全身而退
After all, if I truly had
毕竟,如果我的信念
the purity of all my convictions,
当真如此纯粹
I wouldn't regret so many of the things i've done.
我便不会为这么多自己的所作所为而后悔
Nor would I persist,
我也不会
against so many of my better instincts,
违背自己许多明知更好的直觉
in this correspondence.
坚持与你通信
I find you a challenge,
我把你视为挑战
one that, in spite of all that you've done,
一个尽管罪行累累
continues to stimulate.
却仍能刺激我的挑战
And so the conversation, futile though it may finally be,
所以这番对话,就算最后可能是一场徒劳
continues, and we are left to wonder:
仍在继续,我们共同思索
have we simply failed to find the answers to the questions
只是我们无法找到迷惑我们的
that preoccupy us...
问题的答案
or can they not be answered at all?
还是它们其实根本无解
Fortunately for both of us,
你我都该庆幸的是
the world always presents the next diversion...
这个世界自会把萦绕其中的问题
the next elaborate distraction from the problems that vex.
推向下一个转折,下一个错综复杂的转变
We're good.
准备完毕
Kayden.
凯敦
The victim's name was Max Fuller.
死者名叫麦克斯·福勒
British national, some kind of old money.
英国公民,家财万贯的富豪
His ancestors built the railroads
他的祖先建造了连通
that connects London and Manchester.
伦敦和曼彻斯特的铁路
Sometime after midnight,
昨天午夜后
they disabled the alarm,
他们破坏了安保系统
got past a state-of-the-art deadbolt
穿过了一扇装有最先进的门闩
and a steel-plated cage door.
而且是钢板制成的大门
They encountered Mr. Fuller
他们在上楼
on their way upstairs
去凯敦·福勒卧室的途中
to his daughter Kayden's bedroom.
遇到了福勒先生
Mrs. Fuller woke up about an hour later,
大概一个小时后,福勒太太起床
discovered her husband was gone.
发现她丈夫不见了
Went out to the stairs,
走到楼梯这的时候
found the body.
发现了尸体
Did the kidnappers leave a note?
绑匪留下讯息了吗
Nothing. The FBI's on their way down now.
没有,联调局的人正赶过来
I'd like to see the child's bedroom, please.
我想看看孩子的卧室
No caller I.D.
没有来电显示
Just a question mark.
只有一个问号
Mrs. Fuller,
福勒太太
are you up for this?
你准备好了吗
Hello?
喂
Good evening, Mrs. Fuller.
晚上好,福勒太太
Who is this?
你是哪位
My name hardly matters.
我的名字并不重要
Suffice it to say that you and I are about to embark
重要的是我们接下来要谈的
on a brief but intense affair.
简短而又要紧的事
Would the other parties present care to announce themselves?
在场的其他人不做一下自我介绍吗
This is Captain Tom Gregson
我是纽约警局的汤姆·格雷森警监
of the NYPD. I'm listening.
我在听你的电话
Congratulations on beating your federal colleagues to the scene.
恭喜你比联调局的同事抢先到现场
When they arrive, please tell them that this can be
等他们到了,请告诉他们
a simple transaction, provided no one mucks it up.
只要没人捣乱,这会是场简单的交易
The price for the safe return of Kayden Fuller
凯敦·福勒安全回家的代价
is $50 million.
是五千万
I know that voice.
我认得这声音
$50 million.
五千万
It's Moriarty.
是莫里亚蒂
Could you tell me...?
能告诉我...
Moriarty is a woman and she is in jail.
莫里亚蒂是个女人,正在服刑
It's the man who pretended to be Moriarty.
这男人假扮成莫里亚蒂
The one who tried to hire us.
之前想雇我们的那个人
Consolidate the funds and be ready
筹集资金
to issue payment, Ms. Fuller.
准备付款,福勒女士
I'll be in touch with further details.
我会通知你进一步的细节
It does sound like him.
的确像是他的声音
Was he on long enough? Did you get anything?
通话时间够长吗,查到什么了吗
Captain.
警监
The man you just spoke with
刚刚跟你对话的人
is one of Moriarty's lieutenants.
是莫里亚蒂的手下
As in your Moriarty?
你那位莫里亚蒂
I've spoken with him before myself.
我以前跟他说过话
I'm quite certain.
我很确定
Moriarty's agents do not act without her leave.
莫里亚蒂的手下都是听命行事的
She's somewhere in this.
她一定也参与其中
I would like to speak with her.
我想跟她谈谈
You can't just walk
你不能就这样
into the supermax wing at Newgate.
走进纽盖特高度戒备的监狱
It shouldn't be overly difficult.
其实也不难
I know for a fact I'm on her list of approved visitors.
我在她的批准访客名单上
Well, I'll work on that.
我会处理的
How do you know that you're on her list of visitors?
你怎么知道你在她的访客名单上
There must be 30 letters here.
这里肯定有30封信吧
27. The first one arrived
27封,第一封是在我们
shortly before we left for London.
出发去伦敦前不久寄来的
Moriarty sends them to a post office box I maintain in the Bronx.
莫里亚蒂寄到我在布朗克斯的那个信箱
I've no idea how she learned of it.
不知道她是怎么知道那里的
I began to reply after the fifth one.
第五封之后我开始回信
She said she was on the verge of quitting the correspondence.
她说她快要放弃给我写信了
And you didn't want that? Of course not.
而你不希望如此,当然
Whatever my history with the woman,
不管我和这女人有什么恩怨
she remains a criminal genius.
她都是个犯罪天才
Her mind and her methods are worthy of study.
她的想法和方式都值得研究
Oh, so all this is in the name of science?
所以这全是出于科学研究
Of course.
是的
Any detective would relish the chance
所有侦探都想要这个机会
to analyze how she thinks.
一探她脑中究竟
I'm a detective.
我是个侦探
You didn't show me these letters.
你没给我看这些信
You hid them in a beehive.
你把信藏在了蜂窝里
This exchange is an entirely good thing.
这种通信是件好事
I've maintained a relationship with Moriarty,
我跟莫里亚蒂保持联系
which in turn, should make it easier to learn
反而让我们更容易
what Faux-riarty is up to.
查清"假"里亚蒂是谁
Faux-riarty?
"假"里亚蒂
The man who pretended to be Moriarty.
假扮莫里亚蒂的那个男人
Do you have a better name for him?
你有更好的名字吗
Captain.
警监
We're on.
搞定了
The three of us can see your girl in the morning.
我们三个明早能去探监了
Excellent. Shall we drive out together?
好极了,我们开一辆车去吗
Holmes, she's not in Newgate anymore.
福尔摩斯,她已经不在纽盖特了
Brooklyn Navy Yard?
布鲁克林造船厂
I thought it was all malls and condos now.
我以为现在都建成了商场和公寓
Not quite. Government still owns some of it.
没有,政府还拥有一部分土地
You have no idea the rabbit hole
你不知道昨晚你让我办的
you sent me down last night.
是什么麻烦事
Nobody's answering my questions, not exactly.
没人正面回答我的问题
Reading between the lines,
字里行间的意思是
the feds keep this section restricted.
联调局把这片区域戒严了
We're headed into a black site.
我们要去黑牢
Those are your words, not mine.
这可是你说的,不是我
The FBI and Scotland Yard are working together
联调局和苏格兰场正协力
to build a case against Moriarty.
落案起诉莫里亚蒂
She hasn't admitted to being at the center
她不承认参与
of any criminal conspiracies, but she has admitted
任何犯罪阴谋,但她承认了
that, uh, various pieces of information have made it to her.
手头有很多犯罪信息
She's been trading on that ever since we turned her over.
我们将她移交之后她就一直在利用这些信息
So she's secured herself some more comfortable digs.
她是给自己找了个更舒服的住处
Yeah. "Concessions have been made."
是的,"我们做出了让步"
That's how the SAC put .
战略空军司令部是这么说的
Captain Gregson? I'm Ramses Mattoo.
格雷森警监,我是拉姆西斯·马图
I dot the Is around here. How do you do?
这里我负责,你好
Please follow me.
请跟我来
The facilities can scale up or down depending on the needs
这地方能按当下需求增大或减小规模
of the moment, but right now we've only got one guest.
但目前我们只有一位住客
This woman has planned God knows how many murders,
天知道这女人谋划了多少凶杀案
and you give her her own warehouse?
你们还让她一个人住整间仓库
As I understand it, the pieces of intelligence
在我看来,她手头的情报
she's offering have been game changers.
可以颠覆整个游戏
If it's any consolation to you, she's not living in luxury.
如果能安慰你的话,她的居住条件并不好
She gets her art supplies
我们每天早上
and a copy of the Ledger every morning.
给她送绘画用品和《纽约账报》
I only keep her locked in.
我只负责把她关在这里
You seem like a competent man, Agent Mattoo.
你看起来是个能干的人,马图探员
I'm sure you're aware
你一定知道
that your charge is a vile seductress.
对方是个卑鄙的迷人精
She's capable of manipulations
她能操纵人心
I can only describe as mind-bending.
乱人心智
I've been briefed.
听说了
As for the "seductress" part,
至于"迷人精"的部分
I'm the only one who interacts with her,
只有我能跟她直接交流
and I've been screened for suitability
而我经过了层层筛选
to this particular inmate.
能应付这位犯人
The brass is confident I can resist her charms.
上头相信我能抵抗她的魅力
How in the hell do they screen for that?
这要怎么筛选
He's saying he isn't interested in women, Captain.
他的意思是他对女人没有兴趣,警监
It's not a bad idea, actually.
这主意倒不错
But seduction isn't the only game she knows how to play.
但她精通的可不止是引诱
It's really remarkable.
太了不起了
Excuse me?
你说什么
I knew she was talented,
我知道她才华出众
but as far as I can tell,
但就我看来
she captured everything.
她捕捉到了一切
You look a bit tired.
你看起来有点累
You look a bit evil.
你看起来有点邪恶
Joan.
乔恩
Of course, Sherlock's told me
夏洛克告诉我
you're doing well.
你最近挺好的
Although I'm sorry to hear your efforts
不过抱歉听到你寻找
to find a soul mate haven't been fulfilled.
灵魂伴侣的尝试还没有结果
I'd, um, hoped to show you my work someplace less bleak.
我希望能在不这么暗的地方向你展示我的作品
More conducive to conversation.
那样会更有助于谈话
Perhaps if you come see me in a year?
或许你可以一年后再来看我
In a year you will be serving multiple life sentences.
一年后你就会在监狱里服刑了
Captain,
警监
I've been scouring the paper for answers,
我有仔细在报纸上找答案
but I have to admit,
但不得不承认
I haven't the foggiest idea why you're here.
我对你们此行的目的一头雾水
It happened too late for the morning edition.
案子没来得及刊登在早报上
A seven-year-old girl by the name of Kayden Fuller
一位叫做凯敦·福勒的七岁女孩
was abducted last night.
昨晚被劫持了
The kidnappers murdered her father,
绑架者杀害了她的父亲
and they're asking for $50 million.
并且要求五千万美元的赎金
You recognize that name?
你对这名字有印象吗
Of course. Uriah Fuller built the railroads
当然,乌利亚·福勒建造了
that connect London to Manchester.
链接伦敦和曼彻斯特的铁路
But if you're here because you think I took the girl,
但如果你们认为是我绑架了小女孩
you're going to be disappointed.
你们会失望的
I'm afraid that a kidnapping for ransom has
我觉得为了赎金的绑架
quite a few moving parts. Too many for my tastes.
有太多变数,不合我的口味
Why, then, did your lieutenant make the ransom call?
那为什么是你的助理打的索要赎金的电话
You know the man I'm referring to.
你知道我指的是谁
You had him call Watson and I, pretend to be you.
你曾让他假装你的口气打给我和华生
Yes, he always was ambitious.
是的,他一直很有野心
I, um, could give you his name, of course.
我当然可以给你们他的名字
His likeness,
他的长相
the names and faces of those he likely recruited.
他可能招募的人的名字和长相
If you do help us, I'll continue our correspondence
如果你真能帮我们,我会继续我们的通信
for as long as you're incarcerated.
只要你还在监禁期内
You're going to do that anyway.
你反正都会这么做的
My hosts have a list of favors that I'd like.
我的监管人有我想要的东西的清单
If they'd review it, grant me a few,
如果你们查阅后批准我一些
well, then I'd be happy to lend my insights.
那我很愿意和你们分享我的想法
This needn't be unpleasant, you know.
不用不开心
You'd be back with Mom and Dad soon enough.
你很快就会回到妈妈和爸爸身边了
But I'd very much like to get to know you.
但我很希望能了解你
And cribbage is a brilliant way to do that.
克里比奇牌戏是一种增进了解的绝佳途径
Excuse me a moment, Kayden.
稍等我一下,凯敦
What do you turn up?
你怎么来了
It's just, the boys are getting a bit jumpy.
伙计们有点坐立不安了
It'd help morale if I could tell 'em something.
如果我能告诉他们什么对士气会很有帮助
Tell them we all stand to profit handsomely from this.
告诉他们我们都会从中收获颇丰
Everyone's wondering, any word from her yet?
每个人都想知道,有她的消息了吗
She's in federal custody, Clay. It'll take time.
她被羁押着,克雷,需要时间
But we'll hear from Moriarty soon enough.
但我们很快就会有莫里亚蒂的消息了
You okay?
你没事吧
It's the first time you saw Moriarty since...
这是你自那些事后
everything.
第一次见莫里亚蒂
That had to be hard.
一定很艰难
I did not expect her to cooperate.
我没有期望她能合作
Of course, I was hoping
当然,我曾希望
she might reveal something inadvertently.
她也许能不经意地透露些什么
I didn't mean "Hard" As in a difficult problem to solve.
我说的艰难并不是指案子的苦难程度
I meant emotionally hard.
我指的是情感上的艰难
Oh, but it's all science to you, right?
不过对你来说没什么区别,对吧
I'm just curious: what was the empirical value in writing
我只是好奇,和她通信时提到
to her about my dating life?
我的约会经历有什么实际价值吗
Excuse me. Well...
打扰一下,这个嘛...
I'm looking for Captain Gregson.
我找格雷森警监
Oh, my good Lord.
我的天啊
Why have you brought her here?
你为什么把她带到这儿来
Considering the dire circumstances,
考虑到严重的后果
the government's agreed to a favor.
当局答应帮个忙
I've decided to help you after all.
我最终决定帮你们
For the duration of this investigation,
在这案子的调查期间
the NYPD has the full use of my knowledge and faculties.
纽约警局可以全权使用我的知识和能力
I'm certain we'll work well together.
我确信我们可以合作愉快
I'm told you rely heavily on consultants.
我被告知你们十分依赖顾问们
Given your history, I can understand why you wouldn't
鉴于你们之间的历史,我可以理解
want to take her up on her offer.
你为什么不愿意接受她的提议
When Ms. Moriarty was first taken into custody,
当莫里亚蒂女士一开始被羁押时
RFID chips were implanted in both her hands.
射频识别芯片已经被注入了她的双手中
She can't move five feet without us knowing.
她不可能离开我们的视线五英尺的范围外
She's gone.
她跑了
Just thought you should get used to hearing that.
只是觉得你应该熟悉听到这话
Chips aren't going to stop her.
芯片可阻止不了她
As you can see,
如你所见
she has been equipped with special security bracelets;
她被装备了特殊的安全手环
like handcuffs that are not connected.
就像是没有连接的手铐一样
Handcuffs that don't connect. Shoot me now.
没有连接的手铐,杀了我吧
They're incapacitants.
它们装着失能麻醉剂
Stun guns pointing right at her.
眩晕枪直对着她
Each with a payload of 50,000 volts that can be triggered
每一只都有五万瓦特的有效载荷
by any member of the detail with the touch of a button.
可以被任何小组成员用按钮激发
Then you've taken her out before, haven't you?
你们之前带她出来过,是吧
Captain, inviting this woman into our investigation
警监,邀请那个女人加入调查
would be, in a word, idiotic.
用一个词形容就是愚蠢
The kidnappers are being led by her former lieutenant.
绑架者们是由她的前助理领导的
He is, in all likelihood, operating under her orders.
他十分可能是根据她的命令行事的
During her incarceration, Ms. Moriarty has had zero access
在监禁期中,莫里亚蒂女士不可能接触到
to technology that would allow her
任何可以让她和外界
to communicate with the outside world.
联系的技术和设备
She's been allowed to write letters, but only to you.
她被允许写信,但只能写给你
So unless you are passing instructions to her old assets...
所以除非是你把指令传给她的老部下...
She could've helped us from her cell, couldn't she?
她本可以在监禁处就能帮助我们,不是吗
Given us the names, information we needed?
提供给我们名字,我们需要的信息不就行了
Why bring her here?
为什么要把她带到这儿来
As per her request; obviously,
很显然是她的要求
part of the deal she just struck with your superiors.
她和你们的上司达成的交易的一部分
The building that you're keeping her in,
你们关押她的建筑
it might not be a prison,
可能就不是个监狱
but it did seem adequately secure.
但看着还算坚固
She'd have a much easier time trying to escape
但在外面,她逃跑的机会
whilst out and about, no?
不是更多了吗
The bottom line is that she has cashed in some big chips
她的底线是带上监控的芯片
to be an active participant.
做主动参与方
Her preference is to work with you.
她更倾向于跟你们合作
If you don't take her... FBI will.
如果你们不要她,联邦调查局也会要
His name is Devon Gaspar.
他的名字是德文·贾思巴
He's former British military intelligence. And yet,
他以前是英国军情局的
were you to ask for his records,
但如果你跟他们要他的记录
they would deny that he ever existed.
他们甚至不会承认他的存在的
Devon has several aliases that I'm aware of.
据我所知,德文有好几个化名
I've already shared them with Mr. Mattoo.
我已经都告诉马图先生了
I've also prepared some sketches of the men I believe
我还准备好了几个我觉得
he may be working with.
可能和他联手的人的素描图
Well, obviously, we can't
好吧,但显然
distribute these to the media.
我们没办法把这些给媒体
If they're legit,
如果这些是真的
that would spook the kidnappers.
显然它们会打草惊蛇
But we can put them out in-house.
但我们能在内部流通这些图片
We'll issue a FINEST message.
我们会发布一条内部信息
And every cop in the city will get an e-mail.
所有市里的警察都会收到这封邮件
I'll make sure the Bureau does the same.
我会让局里一起行动的
Excellent. Then I do believe we're finished here.
很好,我想我们就到此结束了
Lovely to see you, as always,
很高兴见到你,一直到是
but we have a terrified little girl to find.
但我们有个受惊吓的小女孩要找
Our best to the gang at the warehouse.
代我们像牢里的兄弟问好
Actually, I was rather
事实上,我更想
hoping to take a look at the crime scene.
去犯罪现场看看
We did promise her
我们确实向她
access to the Fuller residence.
保证过可以接触福勒家
That is our next stop.
那是我们的下一站
Actually, we have more important things to do.
事实上,我们还有更重要的事要做
For example, checking that even one iota of the information
比如说,查证她提供给我们的信息
she's given us is true. You know what?
是否属实,不如这样
I will go with them to the house, you take care of that.
我跟他们一起去福勒家,你去查证信息
Um, if anything comes up, I will call you.
如果有什么线索,我再联系你
Quite lovely, isn't she?
她真可爱,不是吗
I can only imagine how frightened she must be.
我无法想象她该有多么害怕啊
You can stop pretending to care now.
你可以不用再继续假装在意了
The others can't hear you.
其他人也听不到你在说什么
Would you be surprised to learn
对于你曾出现在我脑海中
you've been on my mind, Joan Watson?
你会感到惊讶吗,乔恩·华生
Not really.
不怎么惊讶
I don't typically misread people, but...
我一般不会读错人
you're more clever than I initially estimated.
但你比我一开始预计的要聪明
More interesting.
更有趣
If you weren't, I would never have been caught.
如果不是,我也不会被抓
I think you're giving me too much credit.
我觉得你太高估我了
It's what you crave, is it not?
那不是你想要的吗
Acknowledgment from a superior mind?
来自更高级智慧的承认
Evidence that you matter?
你很重要的证明,不是吗
Why else pursue a partnership with a man like Sherlock?
不然怎么会有人想跟夏洛克做搭档呢
Actually, the partnership was his idea.
事实上做搭档是他的想法
That bothers you, doesn't it?
这让你不高兴了,是吗
I confess to not understanding it.
我承认我确实不能理解这一点
But... I'm drawn to things I don't understand.
但,我总是被无法理解的东西吸引
Same as Sherlock.
就像夏洛克
Once I've figured you out, I'll move on.
一旦我弄清楚了你,我就会放手
Same as Sherlock.
就像夏洛克
Is that why you've been writing him?
所以这是你一直跟他通信的原因吗
Because you want to... understand him?
因为你想要,理解他吗
Part of it, I suppose.
有这部分原因,我猜
And the rest?
那另一部分原因呢
What do you think?
你觉得呢
You think you're in love with him.
你发觉自己爱上他了
Only you can't be sure,
但你没办法确定
because as much as you claim to know about the world.
因为不管你觉得自己多么了解这个世界
Love is something
爱却是你
you don't quite get.
无法琢磨透的东西
You'd be surprised what I'd do for love.
你不知道我有多能为爱疯狂
Nothing crazy people do surprises me.
疯子做什么事都不会让我吃惊
I write to Sherlock
我写信给夏洛克
because he's the only person on the planet
因为他是这个星球上唯一
I can really talk to.
能与我交流的人
He writes to me
他写信给我
because I'm the only one he can talk to.
也是因为我是唯一能与他交流的人
The only one he can ever truly relate to.
唯一能真正懂他的人
If you still don't understand that,
你也许现在不能理解
you will someday.
以后你会明白的
I promise.
我保证
What's with the...?
这是怎么了
Telephone? I have felt compelled
电话吗,我今天已经
to hang up on a good few many people today.
强迫自己挂了好几通电话
I dug it out of the closet so I could do it with more emphasis.
我从柜子里翻出来的,能让我挂得更有力
Oh. And who was that you were you just talking to?
是嘛,那你刚才在跟谁打电话呢
Old friend from Interpol.
国际刑警组织的一个老朋友
Didn't sound like a friend.
听着可不那么友好啊
He, like many of the other people I've spoken to today,
和今天前几个通话对象一样
was unable to confirm that any of these men
他也没办法确认莫里亚蒂提供
are who Moriarty claims them to be.
给我们的那几个人的身份
Devon Gaspar is a ghost.
德文·贾思巴就是个不存在的幽灵
This is just busywork
她就是想让
for us and the other agencies investigating the kidnapping
我们和其他调查绑架案的机构忙起来
so that she has time to plan her escape.
她好趁机策划逃跑
Okay, so, let's move off of these for a while.
好吧,我们可以暂时把这些事放一边去
The captain said that every officer in New York
警监已经把他们的照片邮件发给
would get these via e-mail.
全纽约的警察了
They'll keep their eyes peeled, you and I can go back
他们会睁大眼睛注意一切可疑人员的
over the evidence from the abduction.
我们两个就可以好好看看绑架案的证据
Did you say everything you wanted to say today?
你今天把想说的话都说完了吗
To Moriarty?
跟莫里亚蒂
That is why you accompanied her to the Fuller residence, is it not?
难道这不是你今天陪她去福勒家的原因吗
So you would have a private dialogue with her?
让你有机会跟她好好谈谈,不是吗
Well, you have been hogging her for the last few months.
你不是已经独占她好几个月了吗
I told you. I have merely been...
我跟你说过了,我只是在
Studying her. Right.
研究她,我知道
You have feelings for her,
你对她有感情
and that is perfectly normal. I have nothing of the sort.
这非常正常,完全没有
Irene was the love of your life.
艾琳曾是你的挚爱
That is why, in spite of everything,
所以,尽管发生了那么多事
you can't quite give her up. I get that.
你还是没法放弃她,我能理解
But I also know that you're only gonna get hurt in the long run
但我也知道,长时间下去你只会受到伤害
because there is no Irene. There is only Moriarty.
因为根本就没有艾琳,只有莫里亚蒂
And Moriarty is never gonna change.
而莫里亚蒂永远也不会变
3-1-David, 3-1-David,
呼叫31D 呼叫31D
you have a 10-10 disorderly male,
有一名妨碍治安的男性
corner of 155th and Riverside.
在第155大街和河岸大街的交汇处
Suspect wearing a gray hoodie.
嫌疑人穿着一件灰色帽衫
Please check and advise.
请前去检查
Dispatch, this is 3-1-David. We're on our way.
总部,我是31D 我们这就去
Sir, how we doing today?
先生,你还好吗
You're up.
该你上了
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Buddy, how you doing?
伙计,你还好吗
This one's locked.
这部手机有密码
Got another phone here.
这还有一部
There's a handsome devil.
画得还挺帅
I'd say it's a pretty good likeness, wouldn't you?
让我说还真是挺像,你觉得呢
I would.
我也这么觉得
CSU said there were two shooters,
犯罪现场小组说有两名枪手
him and one other guy.
除了他,还有一个人
They led Molina and Kelty into an ambush.
他们引诱莫利纳和凯尔迪进了埋伏
You said Officer Molina's cell phone was missing.
你说莫利纳警官的手机不见了
The second shooter took it.
另一个枪手拿走了
Why?
为什么
All they had to do was lie low until they got their money.
他们本来只要低调地等赎金就行了
Instead, two of them pop out and shoot a couple of cops.
然而其中两个人却跑出来杀了两个警察
If that makes any sense to you, please tell me.
如果你能想到什么理由,请告诉我
'Cause it sure as hell doesn't make any sense to me.
因为我怎么也想不通
I don't know. I'm thinking maybe it's time
我也不清楚,我在想或许是时候
that we put those sketches out to the media.
把那些肖像发给媒体了
Can I see your cell phone?
我能看看你的手机吗
The finest message. It goes to only policemen.
绝妙的信息,只有警察有
That's what they wanted.
这才是他们想要的
That's why they ambushed the officers.
所以他们才埋伏了这些警官
It was the only way they could see Moriarty's sketches.
只有这样才能看到莫里亚蒂画的肖像
Why would they want to see them?
他们为什么会想看这些
And how would they even know they're out there?
他们怎么会知道有这些肖像
You sent a finnest message, Captain.
你传达了一条绝妙的信息,警监
Moriarty sent an even finer one.
莫里亚蒂传达的信息更妙
Robert Baden-Powell.
罗伯特·贝登堡
Who's Robert Baden-Powell?
谁是罗伯特·贝登堡
Founder of the Scout Movement
童子军运动的发起人
and Lieutenant General in the British Army in the early 1900s.
也是二十世纪早起英国陆军的中将
He concocted a means of concealing messages
他发明了一种在树叶和蝴蝶的
in entomological drawings of leaves and butterflies.
昆虫学绘图中隐藏信息的方法
He called it "Weaponization of the pastoral."
他称之为"田园武器化"
You weaponized your sketches, didn't you?
你把你画的肖像武器化了,是不是
Hid information in them for Devon Gaspar
在肖像里给德文·贾思巴和他的手下
and the rest of your merry band.
隐藏了信息
No, of course not.
不,当然没有
I've already started to notice some quirks
我已经注意到在一些细节处
in some of the finer details.
有些扭曲
The arrangement of Gaspar's stubble, for example,
比如说贾思巴的胡须
is quite peculiar. Or at least it is upon closer examination.
非常独特,至少经过仔细检查是这样的
The length of the lines, the spaces in between--
线条的长度,间隔的空间
they form a pattern. Within the pattern, a message.
它们组成了一个图案,而图案里隐藏着信息
You are behind the abduction of Kayden Fuller.
你就是凯敦·福勒绑架案的幕后黑手
Sherlock...
夏洛克
You're responsible for what happened to these policemen last night.
昨晚那些警察发生的事都是因为你
No, I'm trying...
不,我在试着...
Stop lying to me!
别再对我撒谎了
I will decode these. You know I will.
我会破解的,你知道我会的
So why don't you save us both a lot of time and trouble
所以为什么不省点时间,避免点麻烦
and just tell me your endgame, hmm? Who knows?
直接告诉我你的目的,谁知道呢
You might even be able to trade your cohorts' whereabouts
你或许还能用你同伙的位置
for some more privileges.
再交换点特权
I can only imagine what you would get
我只能想象凯敦·福勒安全回家后
for the safe return of Kayden Fuller.
你能获得什么
Devon Gaspar's on the line.
德文·贾思巴在线
He called the front desk and asked to speak with us. Come on.
他打给前台要求跟我们对话,走吧
This is Captain Gregson.
我是格雷森警监
Good to hear your voice, Captain.
很高兴听到你的声音,警监
I imagine, after yesterday's unpleasantness,
我猜经过昨天的不愉快
you're quite cross with me.
你对我挺恼火的
But understand, it became necessary when I realized
但请理解,当我发现你去找我们的老朋友
you'd turned to our old friend for assistance.
帮忙的时候,这通电话就很有必要了
I'm sorry?
不好意思
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
We've been watching you.
我们一直在监视你们
Your station. We know she's there.
你们的警局,我们知道她在那里
It's why we set upon your men.
所以我们才袭击你的人
To determine the degree to which we'd been exposed.
来看看我们暴露的程度
So... now you know what we know.
所以... 现在你知道我们都知道什么了
Then I guess you won't mind if I start calling you Devon?
我猜你不会介意我叫你德文吧
A good a name as any.
这是个好名字
But your knowing it won't stop me and my colleagues
但你知道这不会阻止我和我的同伴
from disappearing tomorrow.
明天消失的
I don't care where you go, Devon.
我不在乎你要去哪儿,德文
I just want the little girl back.
我只想要那小女孩回来
Oh, she's the other reason why we called.
她是我打电话的另一个原因
She has been asking to speak with her mummy.
她一直要求跟她妈妈说话
Begging, really.
应该说是乞求
Well, Mrs. Fuller isn't here with us,
福勒夫人不在这里
but bear with us. I'm sure we can...
但是听我说,我想我们肯定能...
Mommy,
妈妈
I miss you.
我想你
I'm afraid. I want to come home.
我害怕,我想回家
Plea... Hope you got all that.
求... 希望你们都听清楚了
And I hope there won't be any surprises awaiting us tomorrow.
也希望明天不会有什么惊喜等着我们
Until then.
到时见
I don't care what she's promised your government.
我不管她对你们的政府承诺了什么
Her time as a consultant is over.
她的顾问时间到此为止
You heard him.
你听到他的话了
Okay, so, if your answer key is right,
如果你的解密方法是对的
then all Moriarty tried to pass along in these sketches
那莫里亚蒂想通过那些肖像传递的信息
is a bunch of numbers.
就是一串数字
GPS coordinates?
卫星定位系统坐标
Yeah. For...
对,是一个
a location
位于斯瓦巴德
in the heart of... Svalbard,
中心区域的地点
which is a remote island off the northern coast of Norway.
这是个挪威北海岸线外的荒岛
Well, you thought all along this was about Moriarty escaping.
你觉得这些都跟莫里亚蒂的逃跑有关
Maybe that's where Gaspar and his team are supposed to take her.
也许贾思巴和他的人就是要带她去那里
A fine hypothesis.
不错的假设
If indeed escape is still in her agenda.
如果她仍然打算逃跑的话
You don't think it is anymore?
你觉得她已经不想逃了
The woman is a riddle wrapped in a mystery
那个女人是和我滚过床单的
inside an enigma I've had sex with.
一个难解之谜
I would be lying if I said I was the strongest assessor
如果我说我是最了解她动机的人
of her motives at this point.
那我一定是在撒谎
Are you expecting someone?
你在等人吗
Paperboy.
报童
It's almost 9:00 at night.
现在都快晚上九点了
I've asked him to gather me hard copies of The New York Ledger.
我让他给我收集《纽约账报》
Anything and everything from the last two weeks.
过去两周的所有报纸
Why?
为什么
Because it is the only newspaper Moriarty had access to
因为莫里亚蒂被关押期间
during her so-called "Incarceration."
只能看到这一份报纸
I strongly suspect the communication between Moriarty and Gaspar
我强烈怀疑莫里亚蒂和贾思巴之间的通信
has been two-way.
是双向的
Prior to her generating the sketches,
在她画出那些肖像之前
she had no way to send a coded message from custody.
她没法把加密信息传出去
But she could have received one
但她可以通过报纸上
via advert in the paper's classified section.
分类板块中的广告来接收信息
Pillock. He left them by the kitchen door.
皮尔洛克,他把报纸放在厨房门口了
Did you see Moriarty today when...
你有没有看到今天贾思巴让凯敦·福勒
Gaspar put Kayden Fuller on the phone?
接电话时莫里亚蒂的表情
She seemed angry.
她看起来很生气
I had just determined that she sent Gaspar a message via the sketches.
我刚刚认定她用画给贾思巴传达了信息
Well, I've seen that look before.
我见过那种表情
I've been on the receiving end.
有人曾用这表情看着我
Looked like she wanted to kill the guy.
似乎她想杀了那家伙
Well, you're up late.
你这么晚还没睡
Rather hard to relax now that you're keeping these bracelets on me here.
你让我戴着这些手环我很难放松
Heaven for fend I trigger them in my sleep and electrocute myself.
我怕在睡梦中触发它们把自己电死
If you hadn't pulled that trick with the sketches,
如果你没有耍那些肖像的把戏
we wouldn't have to take extra precautions.
我们就不用采取额外的措施
Ah. So you think Sherlock was right.
所以你觉得夏洛克是对的
I sent the originals to the NSA.
我把原画送到国安局
It only took them a few hours to find those numbers you'd hid.
他们很快就发现了那些隐藏的数字
I've been thinking about what you said the other day.
我一直在想你那天说的话
About... feelings I might still have for her.
关于我可能对她还有感觉
You were right, as you so often are in such matters.
你是对的,毕竟你总是陷入感情问题
Despite everything, I do continue to feel a certain...
不管怎样,我确实还是感受到某种
pull.
吸引力
In my weaker moments,
在我比较脆弱的时候
I've entertained the notion that she might be able to change.
我很希望她能够改变
I suppose because I've undergone a transformation of my own.
可能是因为我自己经历了改变
I was, until as recently as two years ago,
两年前我还是个
a drug-addled misanthrope. Today, I'm sober.
吸毒的厌世者,而现在我戒毒了
I've cultivated not one but several meaningful relationships.
我已经建立了不止一段有意义的关系
The woman has never been anything less than obsessed
那个女人一直很执着于我们之间
with our many similarities.
众多的相似点
I suppose I thought...
所以我认为
she could undergo a metamorphosis of her own.
她也能经历一场转变
Would it surprise you to learn that
如果你知道我在被扣押在
during the course of my internment here,
这里的时候想出了十七种逃脱的方法
I have devised exactly 17 means of escaping?
你会不会很惊讶
Six of which can account for the extra precautions like my...
其中六种可以不受额外措施的影响
bracelets.
比如这手环
I can only come up with ten.
我只能想出来十种
You see something?
你看到什么了吗
To the naked eye, it is an advert for a used car.
对普通人来说,这是个二手车广告
But there are indicators of an Ave Maria cipher.
但这里有圣母颂密码的标记
It's a cryptographical technique
是一种由一位名叫约翰内斯·特米乌斯的
devised by a priest named Johannes Trithemius in the fif...
牧师发明的加密技术,出现在第五...
What is it?
怎么了
I was wrong.
我想错了
Moriarty is not the architect of the plot to kidnap Kayden Fuller.
莫里亚蒂不是绑架凯敦·福勒的幕后黑手
She's one of its victims.
她是受害人之一
Did you know that glass is a very poor conductor of electricity?
你知道玻璃是电的不良导体吗
It's often used to insulate power lines.
它经常用来隔离电线
Most of the jars my paints come in...
给我送来的颜料罐绝大部分
are glass.
都是玻璃的
All I'd have to do is break one,
我只需要打碎一个罐子
jam the shards between my wrists and the electrodes on the restraints.
把碎片放到我的手腕和电极之间
I'd probably cut myself quite badly,
也许会划伤自己
but my bracelets would be neutralized.
但我的手环会失灵
Gaspar set this entire affair in motion
贾思巴加密的信息传达给莫里亚蒂
with a coded message to Moriarty.
引发了这一整件事
The first part of the message reads,
第一段信息是
"You know what I want. Tell me where it is."
你知道我想要什么,告诉我在哪
The coordinates. So,
那些坐标,所以
whatever Kaspar's after, it's hidden in Svalbard.
贾思巴要找的东西藏在斯瓦巴德
Exactly. $50 million ransom is just a fig leaf.
没错,五千万的赎金只是个幌子
Although, I'm sure he'll be happy enough to have that.
但我觉得他也会乐意拿到赎金
His actual quarry
他真正的目标
is whatever moriarty has directed him towards.
是莫里亚蒂指引他去找的东西
You said Moriarty was a victim. What did you mean by that?
你刚说莫里亚蒂是受害者,什么意思
The final part of his message.
他的信息的最后一段
"Be prompt. Your daughter's life hangs in the balance."
快点,你女儿现在命悬一线
Kayden Fuller is Moriarty's daughter?
凯敦·福勒是莫里亚蒂的女儿
28 hand.
28分的手牌
Well done.
干得不错
Go ahead.
前进吧
Take Fourth Street.
拿下第四大街
Cutthroat rules suit you, I see.
看来残酷的规则适合你
Get under the bed.
躲到床底下去
Don't open the door for anyone.
别给任何人开门
Go.
去吧
Oh, no, no.
不,不
No.
不
Clay?
克雷
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm sorry. She...
真对不起,她...
She told me to shoot him.
她要我开枪杀他
She?
她
She knows things.
她知道我的事情
I've got family, too.
我也有家人
I don't want her coming for 'em.
我不能让她伤害他们
How'd you find us?
你怎么找到我们的
I know the properties we hold.
我知道我们有哪些房产
I know you need to house and feed a seven-year-old.
也知道你得让七岁的孩子有吃有住
That takes space.
这需要地方
I know that when Montgomery was killed
还有你们之前突袭警察
while you ambushed those police,
蒙哥马利被杀时
they found clay subsoil on his boots.
警方在他靴子上发现了黏土底土
Just like the kind we found seeping into the foundations here.
跟我们在这里发现的渗入地基的土一样
The girl's safe.
小女孩很安全
Get on with it, would you?
继续动手吧
Or do you plan to let me bleed out?
还是你打算让我流血至死
Oh, I'm afraid I've got something a little less passive in mind for you.
恐怕我为你准备的死法没那么消极
Believe it or not, most of this blood is Moriarty's.
信不信由你,大部分的血是莫里亚蒂的
She shorted out her bracelets,
她把手环弄短路
dug these implants they gave her out of her,
挖出了他们植入的芯片
and somehow used Mattoo's handprint
还不知怎么用马图的手印
to get herself out of here.
离开了这里
And what about Mattoo?
那马图呢
He's in bad shape-- stable-- but they think he's gonna make it.
他伤得不轻,情况稳定了,医生说不会有大碍
So, she didn't kill him?
她没杀他
She didn't kill anybody on her way out of here.
她出去的时候谁都没杀
Mattoo's the only one she even confronted.
只有马图跟她有正面冲突
There's quite a bit of blood here.
这里的血挺多的
She'll need medical attention.
她需要就医处理伤口
We checked the hospitals. There's nothing.
我们查了医院的记录,没有发现
She's got a 40-minute head start on us.
她领先了我们四十分钟
Any ideas?
有什么想法吗
She's gone to fetch her daughter.
她会去接她女儿
This is Sherlock Holmes.
我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
I'd like to see you.
我想见你
Tell me where you are, and I'll come.
告诉我你在哪,我这就过来
The Bronx. A condemned building near Van Cortlandt Park.
布朗克斯区,范科特兰公园旁有座废弃的大楼
Top floor.
我在顶层
Tell the police they can wait outside.
告诉警察他们可以在楼外等着
You're the only one who can come in.
你只能一个人进来
Your daughter?
你女儿呢
Sent away, resituated.
送到别的地方去了
You've done the maths, I assume.
我猜你已经算过时间了
She was born well before I met you.
她早在我们认识以前就出生了
An indiscretion at the start of my career.
是我在事业最初几年太过轻率的结果
Even as I carried her to term,
我还在怀着她时
I knew that motherhood would not mix well with my...
就知道当个母亲跟我的本性
proclivities.
不太相符
Some sources of mine told me
从某些渠道我得知
that the Fullers were having trouble conceiving a child of their own.
福勒夫妇无法生育
It wasn't hard to arrange a match.
安排他们收养我女儿并非难事
How did Gaspar learn of her?
贾思巴怎么知道她的
No idea.
不知道
I assume the girl's real father needs a lesson in discretion.
看来孩子的生父得学学怎么保守秘密了
What's on the island of Svalbard?
斯瓦巴德岛上有什么
The coordinates I gave Devon are the location of a vault.
我给德文的坐标是一个保险库的位置
Copies of all the seeds on the planet are stored inside,
里面存放了地球上所有种子的复制品
in the event that the earth's flora needs to be restored
以便发生了灭顶之灾后,复原地球上的
after a catastrophe.
植物群
But that's not what Gaspar expected to find there.
但这不是贾思巴想找的东西
I maintain...
我保存了
a dossier of interesting facts.
一些有趣事实的档案
I assembled most of them myself.
大部分是我自己收集的
Some were passed down to me by a mentor
还有一些是一位跟我
who shared the same enthusiasms I do.
有同样爱好的导师留给我的
Even if I directed Devon to the right place,
就算我指引德文去了正确的地方
he hadn't the wit to use my book properly.
他也没有足够的智慧正确使用我的档案
So, you sent him hunting above the Arctic Circle,
所以你让他在北极圈上瞎转悠
just so you would have time to move against him.
好让你有足够的时间想办法对付他
It was a risk, but I've always been willing
的确有些冒险,但我总是愿意
to bet on my abilities.
相信我的能力
And in this instance,
而这一次
I had the added benefit of assistance from the keenest mind I've ever met.
我还算上了我所认识的最聪明的人的协助
All's well that ends well, right?
结果好一切都好,对吧
You need an ambulance.
你需要救护车
You could have run.
你本可以逃跑的
And live as a fugitive? Why?
然后一辈子当个逃犯吗,干嘛要这样
The world's corruption runs deeper than even you know.
这世上的腐败远远超出你的想象
No need to skulk about.
没必要偷偷摸摸的
I'll be a free woman soon enough.
要不了多久我就能重获自由了
Your letters have meant a great deal to me.
你的来信对我意义重大
I find them influencing my decisions
我发现它们总是出其不意地
in the most surprising ways.
影响我的决定
You could have killed Agent Mattoo.
你本可以杀了马图特工
And from your perspective,
对你来说
it would have been the expedient thing.
这本是权宜之计
And yet, to you, it would have been repugnant.
可对你来说,这却是被唾弃的
Tell me, is that how you learned to be one of them?
告诉我,你就是这样学会跟他们一样的吗
By learning to care
学着在乎
how your actions seemed in the eyes of another?
别人怎么看待你的所作所为
I'm not sure I am one of them.
我不觉得我跟他们一样
She needs a hospital.
她需要去医院
I just got off the phone with Captain Gregson.
我刚跟格雷森警监通完电话
She lost a lot of blood, but she's gonna make it.
她失血很多,但应该没有大碍
You all right?
你没事吧
I am. Thank you.
没事,谢谢