"Now that your hand's better,
"现在你的手恢复了
who's gonna shake all the paint around here"
谁来帮我们这摇油漆呢"
Okay, that is in questionable taste.
好吧,这品位真是太奇葩了
It was a gift from the guys for passing my firearms requalification.
这是同事们庆祝我通过持枪资格审查送的礼物
Far as I'm concerned, under the circumstances,
我觉得,在这种情况下
they can joke all they want.
随他们怎么开玩笑都行
Well, you know I'm happy for you, too, right?
我也为你高兴,知道吗
Prove it. A bunch of us are getting together after work Friday.
那就证明给我看,我们周五下班有个聚会
You should come.
你也该来
Your partner, too.
带上你的搭档
Is that why you asked me here?
你叫我来就是为这个吗
To invite us to a party?
请我们去参加聚会
Actually, I was hoping to catch you and Holmes.
其实我有事求你和福尔摩斯帮忙
A few months back, I was working a homicide out of East New York.
几个月前,我在办一起纽约东区的谋杀案
Drug dealer named Quame Martenz
一名叫夸米·马坦兹的毒贩
shot and killed a neighborhood kid.
枪杀了一个社区里的孩子
We've liked Martenz for other shootings before,
我们怀疑马坦兹和先前的另几起枪杀案有关
but this is the first time a witness was willing to talk.
但这是第一次有目击者愿意开口作证
At least she was at first.
至少她一开始愿意
Name's Nicole Watkins. She's 18.
她叫妮可·沃金斯,18岁
ADA's office called me this morning,
助理地检官今早联络我说
said she got cold feet.
她又害怕退缩了
Told the DA's Office to stop calling and dropped out of sight.
她让地检署不要再打给她,人也不见踪影
You think Martenz threatened her?
你认为她被马坦兹威胁了
It's a good guess.
这是合理猜测
DA's Office issued a material witness order,
地检署下达了关键证人强制令
but no one can find her.
但没人知道她的行踪
Thought maybe you guys could lend some extra eyes?
我想也许你们能帮忙留意一下
I'm guessing if she doesn't testify, Martenz walks.
如果她不愿作证的话,马坦兹又能逍遥法外了
Probably.
也许是的
All right, I will let you know if we come up with anything.
一旦我们有发现,我立刻通知你
We find her, you're making me a Martini with that thing.
要是我们找到她,你就用那玩意帮我摇一杯马提尼酒
Morning, Sherman.
早啊,谢尔曼
Miss me?
想我了吗
Who's there?
谁在那
Please... stop.
请住手
I don't want to die.
我不想死
Name's Barry Granger.
死者名叫巴瑞·格兰杰
MD, Ph.D. DOA.
医学院博士,到达时已死亡
Lab assistant found him like this this morning,
实验室助理今早发现他的时候就是这样
with this suicide note in his lap.
膝盖上放着自杀遗言
"I'm sorry it's all true.
"抱歉,那都是真的
"I can't live any longer with what I've done.
我无法容忍自己的所作所为
Barry."
巴瑞"
Helium is common in labs like this.
对于这样实验室来说,氦气很常用
And as morbid as it sounds,
虽然听着有点变态
it's supposed to be a good way to go.
但这的确是自杀的好方法
Your body doesn't even know it's not receiving oxygen.
你的身体不会有缺氧反应
You just go to sleep. And you never wake up.
你只是睡了过去,但再也不会醒来
In other words,
换句话说
at least by appearances, this man used what was handy
至少表面看来,这个男人用了工作地点
in the workplace to provide himself with a convenient exit.
随手可得的东西方便地了结了自己
But of course you have your suspicions.
当然,你们一定发现了可疑之处
Or else we wouldn't be here.
否则也不会叫我们来
Granger was the first one in this morning.
格兰杰是今早第一个到实验室的
Lab assistant found him alone.
实验室助理到的时候发现只有他一个
Sweaty running clothes.
汗湿的运动服
Shower stall in there is wet.
淋浴间里是湿的
So Dr. Granger ran to work.
所以格兰杰博士是跑步上班
And then changed here.
然后在这换了衣服
Who does that before killing themselves?
谁会在自杀前这么做
It's not like a suicidal guy would worry about staying in shape.
一心求死的人还有心思锻炼身体吗
So what do you think?
你觉得是怎么回事
Someone put a gun to his head, forced him to do this?
有人用枪指着他,逼他这么做吗
Nothing quite so clumsy.
凶手没那么笨
Have a look at this.
来看看这个
Tacky residue on the bottom of the door.
门缝底下和地板上
And on the floor...
有粘性的残留物
as if someone has taped the gap shut.
应该有人用胶带封住了门缝
I need something powdery that won't kill us.
给我弄点毒不死我们的粉末
Surprise me.
随便你拿什么
Care to tell us what you're doing?
介意告诉我们你在干什么吗
Just a moment.
再等会儿
I think you're right.
我认为你说得对
Dr. Granger was murdered.
格兰杰博士是被谋杀的
He was asphyxiated with gas while he showered.
他在淋浴的时候,吸入某种气体窒息死亡
Most likely with helium so the M.E.'s findings
很有可能是氦气,这样尸检结果
would match the narrative that we were meant to believe.
就和表面看起来的吻合
The killer taped three hoses--
凶手用了三根软管
une, deux, trois--
一根,两根,三根
under the doorway. Sealed the gap with tape.
从门缝下通入气体,并用胶带封死门缝
Once the victim had lost consciousness...
等被害人失去直觉以后
he was dried, clothed, and staged.
把他擦干,穿上衣服,摆成这个样子
Any security videos?
有监控录像吗
There's none in the lab.
实验室里没有
The staff says that's 'cause the work was confidential.
工作人员说因为实验的内容涉及机密
I did notice a few on the way in, but...
我来的路上注意到有几个探头,但
Given the knowledge of the lab and the victim that this murder demonstrates,
从凶手对实验室的了解和布置出的假象看
it's likely the killer knew how to avoid them.
很可能凶手知道怎么逃避摄像头
I'm gonna pull the security video.
我去调取监控录像
I'll let you know if we get lucky.
如果走运有线索,立刻通知你们
Excuse me...
不好意思
Any idea what "It's all true" refers to?
你知道"那都是真的"指的是什么吗
A few weeks ago, Dr. Granger published
几周前,格兰杰博士发表了一篇
the results of a study that we were doing.
有关我们正在研究的课题成果的论文
Last week, a reader e-mailed the journal it was in,
有个读者上周发电邮给发表论文的杂志
and said the results were faked.
声称实验结果都是伪造的
Were they?
到底是不是呢
I wouldn't know.
我不清楚
But, uh, he was up in arms about it.
不过他对此非常恼火
An accusation like that can ruin a guy's career.
这样的指控足以毁了一个人的学术生涯
What were you studying?
你们是研究什么的
Is something troubling about that question?
回答这个问题有什么困难吗
No, I want to help.
不,我想帮忙破案
I-I just don't know what I'm allowed to say. I signed an NDA.
我只是不知道我可以透露多少,我签过保密协议
Surely you can tell us about the contents
那你应该可以告诉我们格兰杰博士
of Dr. Granger's article-- that's been made public.
论文的内容,反正那都发表了
Perhaps you give us the name of the person who asked you
那不如你告诉我们谁让你签的保密协议
to sign the NDA and we can pose our questions to them?
我们直接去问他
This has to be the craziest day of my life.
这真是我一生中最糟的一天
I'd say Barry Granger had a crazier one.
要我说巴瑞·格兰杰的更糟
Barry was my friend.
巴瑞是我的朋友
I'm devastated.
我万分悲痛
But I'm also personally screwed by all this.
这一切来得太突然了
So excuse me if I'm a little shell-shocked.
所以请原谅我有些情绪失控
Would you be so kind as to explain your relationship
你愿意解释一下你和格兰杰博士的关系
to Dr. Granger and the work he was doing.
以及他所从事的研究吗
I'm sure we'll feel awful for you momentarily.
我们此刻对你的遭遇深表遗憾
That device that you're holding
你手上拿的仪器
is a breathalyzer that detects cancer.
叫做呼气式癌症测试仪
Well, I read about that being possible in theory.
我读过有关这可以在理论上实现的文章
Dogs being able to smell when their owners have cancer.
狗能嗅出他们的主人罹患癌症的味道
Apparently cancer cells give off different gasses than healthy ones.
显然癌细胞会释放出一种和健康细胞不同的气体
And this device is meant to detect them in your breath.
而这个仪器可以从你的呼气中探测出这种气体
Your company holds the patent?
你的公司拿到专利了吗
Dr. Granger's connection?
这和格兰杰博士有什么关系
He was running clinical trials.
他负责临床实验
A hundred subjects known to have lung cancer,
100个实验体患了肺癌
a hundred who don't.
100个没有
It's a blind study to see if The Hound gets it right.
是个随机双盲实验来证实"猎犬"的有效性
"The Hound?"
"猎犬"
Uh, it's just a working name.
这是我们暂定的
We had to call it something.
总得取个名字吧
We understand that an anonymous tipster
我们了解到有匿名人士声称
claimed that Dr. Granger falsified his results.
格兰杰博士伪造了实验结果
It works.
实验成功了
But that accusation changed everything.
但铺天盖地的指责改变了一切
Now no one believes the study.
现在没人相信实验结果
A month ago, analysts were calling that a billion-dollar invention.
一个月前分析师们说这是价值十亿美元的发明
And today, my investors are pulling out.
而现在,所有投资人都撤资了
Might I ask you your whereabouts this morning around 6:00?
我能问一下今天早上六点你在哪里吗
I'm simply coming around to your point.
我理解你说的这些
The scandal you're referring to may have cost you a fortune.
你所说的流言,可能会使你的财产缩水
If Dr. Granger did falsify his results,
如果格兰杰博士的确伪造了实验结果
perhaps someone killed him in anger.
那也许就是有人一气之下杀了他
I'm the last person who would've hurt Barry.
我是世界上最不可能伤害巴瑞的人
That detector is my life's work.
这项研究是我毕生的心血
Barry didn't falsify anything.
巴瑞没有伪造任何数据
Barry didn't jaywalk.
巴瑞不会跨越学术道德底线
He was a good guy.
他是个好人
And besides, can you imagine if the police
再说,你能想象如果警察今早
hadn't seen through that suicide note?
没有识破他遗书的猫腻的后果
It would have completely legitimized the accusation.
会让那些指责流言彻底成为事实
Sorry, you still haven't answered my question.
抱歉,你还没回答我的问题
Your whereabouts this morning?
今天早上你在哪里
I was with my girlfriend.
我和女朋友在一起
I spent the night at her place.
我在她那里过夜
And that's cause for secrecy because...?
这个有什么秘密可言吗
I'm in the middle of a divorce.
我正在离婚中
Your affair's been going on longer than your wife is aware.
看来你的地下情比你妻子所知的还久
If she finds out, her lawyers'll have a field day.
如果她知道了,她的律师会拿此大做文章
I never would've hurt Barry.
我永远不会伤害巴瑞
I was counting on him to help,
我还指望他帮忙
help me dig out from under all this.
把我从泥潭里拖出来
And now...
但现在...
My girlfriend's name
我的女朋友叫
is Sloan Teller.
斯隆·特纳
I'll give you her number so you can talk to her.
我把她的电话给你,你可以跟她确认
I just ask that you don't tell my ex.
但拜托你们千万不要告诉我前妻
Hank Prince's girlfriend backed him up.
汉克·普林斯的女朋友证明了
Said she was with him all morning.
今天早上他的确在她那里
Not surprising.
不奇怪
He was telling the truth when he said he'd be better off
他说的是实话,巴瑞·格兰杰活着
with a live Barry Granger than a dead one.
比死了对他有益处得多
Well, score one for cheating husbands.
出轨渣男赢得一分
Hank Prince may be a very naughty boy,
汉克·普林斯可能是个渣男
but he may also be remembered for giving the world a great innovation.
但他也可能因为伟大的新发明被世人记住
Based on Dr. Granger's study,
根据格兰杰博士的研究
"The Hound" appeared to be quite promising--
"猎犬"计划很有前景
or at least it did until his research was called into question
或至少在有匿名人跳出来声称
by an anonymous tipster.
他伪造结果之前很有前景
Correction. Pseudonymous.
更正下,是用假名的人
The tipster goes by the name
举报者用的名字是
Adam Peer-A Peer.
亚当·皮尔, A·皮尔
And from what I've learned,
据我所知
he's been quite an irritant to the research community.
他在科研界有很大的影响力
He reads scientific and medical journals;
他会阅读科学和医学期刊
he spots errors and fraud from the comfort of his undisclosed sofa,
坐在舒适沙发上,挑剔出错误和舞弊
and then e-mails his criticisms via an anonymous server.
然后通过匿名服务器发表他的批判
Oh, sounds like something you would do.
听起来像是你会做的事情
Comparison proudly embraced.
多谢你的夸奖
He is, at heart, a fellow detective.
真心说,他是学术界的侦探
And one whose track record is quite good.
过去的战绩相当优秀
He's incited a number of embarrassing retractions.
他煽动了很多人撤资研究项目
But you obviously find him far less interesting than I do.
但你明显没和我一样觉得他很有趣
I'm waiting for some information
我在等关于贝尔正在找的
about that girl that Bell's looking for.
那个女孩的消息
Nicole Watkins.
妮可·沃金斯
Yeah, well, apparently she had a favorite teacher.
已经知道她有个很喜爱的老师
Kind of a surrogate dad. He's retired now.
类似某种恋父情结,现在退休了
I thought maybe she would get in touch with him.
我觉得她可能会联系他
The school's supposed to text me his address.
那个学校该把他的地址给我发来了
Oh! By the way, Bell is having a party this Friday.
对了,贝尔这周五有场聚会
I thought that we could...
我觉得我们...
Captain is E-mailing us a video clip from the lab's security.
警监把实验室的监控视频剪辑发来了
No luck spotting our killer entering or exiting,
不幸的是,完全没发现凶手进入或离开
but the cameras did catch Dr. Granger arguing
但监控拍下了两天前格兰杰博士和
with an unidentified woman two nights ago.
一个不明身份的女子争执的画面
Take a look.
你看
Mm, looks pretty heated.
似乎很激烈
Dr. Granger...
格兰杰博士
made a number of calls from his cell phone
生前在同一天里
to the same number in the days leading up to his death.
给同一个手机号打了很多电话
A woman named Dalit Zirin.
一个名叫达利特·兹琳的女人
The last of these calls is one hour before this argument.
最后几个正是在争执前一个小时打的
You think that's the woman in the video.
你觉得她就是视频里的那个女人
Well, we can find out.
我们可以去确认下
I'm sorry, it's just...
抱歉,就是...
I can't believe Barry is dead.
不敢相信巴瑞死了
May I ask how you and Dr. Granger knew each other?
我能问下你和格兰杰博士是怎么认识的吗
We went to college together.
我们是大学同学
Barry...
巴瑞
he had a thing for me.
对我有好感
But the feeling wasn't mutual.
但并不是两情相悦
I didn't mind back then.
我当时并不觉得反感
It was cute.
感觉挺好的
Then last month, I guess he looked me up online.
然后上个月,我猜他是在网上关注我
I had to tell him I still wasn't interested.
我不得不告诉他,现在我还是没兴趣
I mean, it took some voice-raising for him to get the message.
他得知这个消息可能有点愤怒
Is something wrong?
哪里不对吗
No. Thank you for your time.
没有,谢谢你能抽出时间
Our condolences for your loss.
请节哀顺变
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay, cameras everywhere, high-tech locks;
好吧,到处是监控,高科技锁
obviously not a travel agency.
明显不是一个旅行社
And I think she was lying about her relationship with Granger.
我觉得她在和格兰杰博士的关系上说谎了
Agreed and agreed.
两点我都同意
Can't say for certain, but given their cover,
不能说完全肯定,但在这种掩护下
I would guess some sort of smuggling operation.
我猜他们从事走私活动
One can imagine any number of scenarios
可以想象出任一场景中
where Granger saw something he shouldn't have,
格兰杰博士看到了他不该看的东西
got himself killed.
然后因此被杀
I'm also quite confident there were concealed weapons
我也很肯定,在每个人触手可及的地方
within reach of every individual in there,
都有隐藏着的武器
notable exceptions being us.
都在悄悄监视我们
Explains the hasty exit.
所以你才匆忙离开
Normally, I'm a fan of confirming if I'm right,
通常情况下,我绝对会亲自求证我的正确性
but I think it's best to contact Captain Gregson
但现在我觉得最好还是联系格雷森警监
and let him bring reinforcements.
让他带着增援来
It's Nicole Watkins' school.
是妮可·沃金斯的学校发来的
They sent me the address of that retired teacher-Manny Rose.
他们把那个退休教师曼尼·罗斯的地址发来了
You should go.
你该去一趟
The captain says he'll get a search warrant,
警监说他会去申请搜查令
but it might take a couple of hours to find a friendly judge.
但要几个小时才能得到结果
I'll contact you when I hear from him.
他那边有消息我就联系你
Okay.
好的
I know it's a long shot, Mr. Rose,
我知道希望不大,罗斯先生
but it sounded like Nicole got really close to you.
但听起来妮可和您很亲近
It looks like a lot of your students do.
看起来您的很多学生都和您很亲近
I try to help them when I can.
我竭尽所能去帮助他们
Sometimes it's just believing in them.
有时只是给予他们信任
Sometimes it's helping them stay alive.
有时是帮助他们活下去
Is there any chance that you've seen her or been in touch with her?
你有没有见过她或和她联系过
She's here?
她在这儿
I'd avoid using the words "Police" or "Testify."
我会避免"警察"或"作证"之类的用词
At least at first.
至少一开始不这么说
Nicole? I'm Joan Watson.
妮可,我是乔恩·华生
I'm friends with Marcus Bell.
我是马库斯·贝尔的朋友
I was hoping we could talk.
我想和你谈谈
You promised.
你保证过的
I promised not to tell anyone you were staying here,
我保证不告诉任何人你在这儿
and I didn't.
我也没说
Miss Watson found you all by herself.
华生小姐是自己找到你的
I told the DA's Office I don't want to talk anymore.
我告诉过地方检查官我不想再说了
They're not the ones who sent me. Marcus did.
不是他们派我来的,马库斯让我来的
He just wanted to make sure you're okay.
他只是想确保你没事
I'm not.
我有事
There are people out there that want to kill me.
外面有人想杀我
If you're being threatened, there are measures...
如果你被威胁了,当局会采取措施
Measures... - that the department can take to protect you.
措施,来保护你
Measures aren't good enough.
措施是不够的
Not anymore.
不再有用了
You're pregnant.
你怀孕了
Captain.
警监
Are you sure you e-mailed me
你确定你邮件给我的
the right address of that travel agency?
旅行社的地址是对的吗
Quite sure.
很确定
This place is empty.
这地方是空的
Not just unoccupied. I mean, cleared out.
不仅仅是空置的,是被清空了
I can't say I'm surprised.
意料之中
I've continued my own search for information on Ms. Zirin.
我在继续查找关于兹琳女士的信息
Over the last several years,
在过去的几年里
she's done an impressive job of not existing.
她在隐藏行踪上做得很出色
My apologies for the inconvenience.
抱歉添麻烦了
At least we've confirmed
至少我们已经确认了
that they were up to something untoward.
他们遇上了些麻烦事
I'll find out who owns the building,
我会找出建筑的所有者是谁
get the name on the lease.
在租约上找到名字
If I find out anything interesting, i'll give you a call.
如果我找到任何线索,再打给你
Thank you.
谢谢
Ms. Zirin.
兹琳女士
At my home.
来我家了
May I come in?
我能进来吗
Depends on your intentions.
取决于你的意图
Well, obviously, you realized I'm not a travel agent.
很显然,你发现了我不是一名旅游中介
I'm Mossad.
我为摩萨德工作(以色列情报部门)
And what is the Israeli intelligence community's
以色列情报部门对
interest in Barry Granger?
巴瑞·格兰杰有什么兴趣
None, actually.
事实上没有
But let me in and I'll tell you who I think killed him.
让我进来,我会告诉你我觉得是谁杀了他
The part about me and Barry meeting in college was true.
我说巴瑞和我在大学认识的是真的
Columbia.
哥伦比亚大学
Barry was pre-med, I was computer science.
巴瑞是预科医学生,我学的计算机科学
Your citizenship? Dual.
你的国籍,双重
I was raised here mostly, but my parents are Israeli.
我是在这里长大的,我父母是以色列人
So why are you here?
所以你为什么来
I'm here because I care about Barry.
我来这儿是因为我关心巴瑞
He is my friend.
他是我朋友
And because you left me very little choice.
而且你让我没有多少选择
Oh?
为什么
I know you're still prying.
我知道你还在打听
Better that I just tell you
我直接告诉你
and get you to look for Barry's killer in the right place.
让你在正确的方向上找杀害巴瑞的凶手更好
Well, since you're obviously in the mood for sharing,
既然你这么愿意分享
perhaps you'd like to tell me what you and your colleagues
也许你能告诉我你和你同事们
were up to at the travel agency.
在旅行社干些什么
Nothing the American government would frown on.
不是让美国政府不爽的事情
Nothing they're aware of, either.
也不是他们有所察觉的事
So if it wasn't your affection Barry was after, what was it?
所以巴瑞若不是想表达对你的爱慕,那是什么
Someone sent an e-mail to a medical journal accusing him of fraud.
有人给医学周刊发邮件控诉他欺诈
Adam Peer. That was a pseudonym.
亚当·皮尔,那是化名
Barry wanted me to find out who really sent it.
巴瑞想让我找出来到底是谁发的
He knew what I really did.
他知道我的真实身份
We were in a relationship when I was first recruited.
当我最初被招募的时候我们在拍拖
But I told him no.
但我拒绝了他
He was asking me to break multiple laws.
那样做我要触犯多条法律
So Dr. Granger spent his final days looking for Adam Peer,
格兰杰博士在生前最后几天在找亚当·皮尔
and you think Adam Peer killed him for his troubles.
你觉得亚当·皮尔因此而杀了他
Well, whoever Peer is,
不管皮尔是谁
he may value his secrecy enough to kill for it.
他觉得自己的秘密足以让他杀人
When I heard what happened to Barry,
当我听说了巴瑞的遭遇
I felt terrible about turning him away.
我觉得当时不该拒绝他
So I broke some laws after all.
所以我最终还是犯了法
I couldn't identify Peer, but I did hack the servers
我无法确认皮尔的身份,但我黑了几家
at some of the journals he'd written to.
他投稿的杂志的服务器
Those are all the e-mails I could find.
这些是我能找到的所有邮件
You're giving them to me because...?
你把它们给我是因为
Well, thanks to you, my unit's being reassigned.
拜你所赐,我的单位被调去别处了
So you can take it from here.
现在你来接手吧
You seem to know what you're doing.
你看起来知道自己在做什么
Maybe you can find the person who killed Barry...
也许你能找到杀巴瑞的人
and see that they pay.
让他们付出代价
She know who the dad is?
她知道孩子父亲是谁吗
Her boyfriend.
她男友
He's working two jobs,
他打两份工
he wants to support them...
他想照顾她们
Well, it's gonna be tough.
会很难
You were right. She's a good kid.
你说的对,她是个好孩子
But when she promised to testify,
但当她答应作证时
she didn't know what she was getting herself into.
她并不知道要面临什么局面
Now that she's pregnant...
现在她怀孕了
I mean, she wants to have a future and not just for herself.
她要考虑将来而且不只是为她自己
You said she was crashing with some old teacher?
你说她和以前的老师住在一起
Yes. His name is Manny Rose.
是的,他的名字是曼尼·罗斯
Manny Rose?
曼尼·罗斯
What, you know him?
怎么,你认识他
Personally, no.
我个人不认识他
But I know the legend.
但我知道他的传奇
When I was... I don't know, ten or eleven,
当我还是,大概十岁十一岁时
he was a history teacher over at Rooker High.
他是洛克高中的历史老师
Couple bangers showed up one day,
一天一帮混混出现
tried to drag one of his kids out of his class.
试图把他的一个学生拽出教室
They didn't know Mr. Rose also helped coach the JV baseball team.
他们不知道罗斯先生同时是JV棒球队的教练
Chased 'em off with a bat.
直接拿球棒把他们赶了出来
He seemed like a good man.
他看起来是个好人
Yeah, I didn't realize Nicole knew him.
我不知道妮可认识他
Guess there's a lot I didn't know about her.
我猜她有很多事我不知道
Oh, you're still going over those?
你还在看这些东西
When an Israeli intelligence operative
当一位以色列特工
hands you a collection of illegally obtained e-mails,
交给你一些非法获得的电邮内容
you don't just skim them, Watson.
你不能只是浏览它们,华生
I don't understand why you're just taking her word for it.
我不明白你怎么就相信她的话了
I take no one at their word.
我不信任何空口白话
But Adam Peer's gone to quite extraordinary lengths
但是亚当·皮尔费了那么大的劲
to conceal his true identity.
隐藏自己的真实身份
A little murder hardly seems out of bounds.
一桩谋杀似乎也不为过
An Officer Mulgrew called for you.
一位叫马尔格鲁的警官打电话找你
I assume you've taken on another investigative side project?
我猜你又接了一个小案件
Actually, no.
其实不是
He's helping me with a gift for Marcus.
他在帮我给马库斯准备礼物
Which reminds me: We never finished talking...
这倒提醒我了,我们还没说完...
Zirin and her team effectively disappeared last night.
兹琳和她的团队昨晚消失了
She didn't have to come here.
她不需要来这里
She could've been on her merry way.
她大可以一走了之
Why do you keep doing that?
你为什么总这样
Doing what? Cutting me off
什么,只要我提起
whenever I talk about Marcus's party.
马库斯的聚会你就打断我
You did that to me yesterday, too.
你昨天也是这样
Because I'm not going to the party.
因为我不打算去参加聚会
Why don't you want to go to the party?
你为什么不想去
I'm sorry, sorry, have we met?
抱歉,我们以前见过吗
Hi, hi. My name is Sherlock. I'm a recovering drug addict.
你好,我叫夏洛克,恢复中的吸毒者
You know, you bear a striking resemblance
你和我之前遇到的
to a sobriety counselor I once knew.
一位戒毒陪护长得很像
What's that you say? Triggers abound in bars?
你说什么,酒吧是危险地带
I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was in a bar.
抱歉,我不知道是在酒吧里
Mullane's-I heard it from the captain.
穆兰酒吧,我从警监那里听说的
Is that really why you don't want to go?
你真是因为这个才不去的吗
You know, there are certain milestones--
知道吗,有些纪念里程碑
an officer making detective, a retirement, a wake,
譬如警官升警探,退休,苏醒
an injured man returning to full duty--
受伤的人回归就职
which belong to the police, right?
这些只属于警察
It's their night.
这是他们的夜晚
It's their chance to raise a glass surrounded by their brethren.
是他们和同胞举杯同庆的机会
It is a fraternity to which--
这是类似同学联欢会的事情
my countless contributions notwithstanding--
尽管我有在其中付出
I will always remain an outsider.
但我依然只是个外人
And given my role in starting Detective Bell down his detour,
并且鉴于是我导致贝尔警探受伤调职
it seems inappropriate
我去庆祝
that I be part of celebrating his return.
他的回归显得并不那么合适
Okay, I get it.
好吧,我明白了
Okay, so if Adam Peer is so prolific,
所以,如果亚当·皮尔揭露了这么多伪研究
why have they not been able to track his writing location yet?
为什么他们还没有追踪到他的住址
He employs a technique called "Onion routing."
他采用了一种叫洋葱路由的技术
A message passes through multiple servers,
一条信息通过数个服务器
each one with encrypted instructions
每一个都会对信息进行加密
for passing it on to the next step.
然后再传送到下一地点
Now, no single layer has any knowledge of the other steps,
每一层加密之间并不互通
making it virtually impossible
所以追踪原地址
to trace the letter back to its source.
显得异常困难
This is the Toproxefin case.
这是托洛芬案件
You're familiar with it?
你熟悉吗
It's a painkiller that the FDA rejected about four years ago,
这是药监局四年前禁止的某种止痛剂
after the drug company sank millions of dollars into it.
而当时药品公司已为此投入数百万美元
That was Adam Peer.
那是亚当·皮尔干的
It was his first. Now you're impressed.
是他的第一次,你没想到吧
No, it was a big deal.
当时可是个大事
When it came out that researchers cherry-picked their data,
当时证明研究人员选择性递交研究数据
they only disclosed positive results,
他们只公开了正面的结果
and they hid the fact they knew it caused nerve damage.
隐藏了药物会导致神经伤害的事情
This drug company, Merrill-Grand,
这家药物公司,美林格兰德
ended up paying a huge fine.
最终付了一大笔罚款
Well, there was a researcher who,
当时有一位匿名研究员
who tried to warn upper management about the misconduct but...
试图向高层揭发不正当行为,但没成功
You said this was Adam Peer's first?
你说这是亚当·皮尔的第一次
Don't serial anythings usually start close to home?
连环犯罪不都是从自家附近开始的吗
Toproxefin was an embarrassing chapter...
托洛芬是一个污点
for me and for the whole company.
无论是对我,还是全公司
But it was never willful fraud,
但这并不是有意欺瞒
not at the corporate level.
不是公司有意隐瞒大众
Sometimes when there's that much money at stake,
有时面临资金链即将断裂
you develop a kind of selective deafness.
你就会选择性失聪
Yes, well, you say tomato...
你随意解释都行
We're not here to judge you.
我们不是来批判你的
Miss Buckner, you were in charge of new products at the time?
巴克纳小姐,你是当时新产品的负责人
We thought you could tell us about the researcher
我想你能不能跟我们说说是哪位
who first raised concerns about the drug.
研究人员首先对产品提出质疑的
Because the police think he killed someone.
因为警察认为他杀了某人
We just want to ask him some questions.
我们只是想问他几个问题
Okay.
好
His name is Lawrence Cranford.
他的名字是劳伦斯·克兰福德
He was a neurochemist on one of the study teams.
他是科学小组里的神经化学研究员
He quit after his warnings were ignored.
在他的警告被无视后就辞职了
Do you know how we can find him?
你知道我们怎么才能找到他吗
He dropped out of sight after that.
他之后就没有音信了
Did you or anyone else at Merrill-Grand
你和美林格兰德里的人
ever consider that he might be Adam Peer?
有没有想过他可能就是亚当·皮尔
Of course we did.
当然有过
When the whole thing happened,
当整个事件发生后
our investigators tried to find him.
我们的调查员试图去找他
But he'd moved.
但他搬走了
It was like he'd gone off the grid.
就好像他完全消失了
And then when the FDA rejected it
而当药监局对此药物下禁令后
and the drug was dead anyway,
项目就黄了
we just dropped the whole thing.
我们也就不管这事了
I can get you what we have on him.
我可以把我们找到的资料给你
Nicole's at the doctor's.
妮可在医生那
It's only a couple of blocks away.
就在几个街区外
She should be here soon.
她应该很快就能回来
I remember this park when I was a kid.
我还记得小时候的这个公园
You couldn't even walk through it.
当时完全不敢穿过去
Looks nice now.
现在看着不错
This dealer, Martenz...
这个人,马坦兹
how bad?
有多坏
He's pretty bad.
挺坏的
Deals crack, heroin...
做大麻,海洛因的生意
works in Cypress Hills.
主要活动在赛普里斯山
He uses kids as go-betweens,
他利用小孩来运货
so it's tougher to pin him down.
所以很难抓到他
Sorry, I have to ask...
抱歉,我得问一下
is that the bat?
这是冠军球棒吗
No.
不是
I'm not that proud.
我没那么自负
That's a gift from a kid I used to coach.
这是我之前指导的一个孩子的礼物
He's in the minors now.
他在打青少年联赛
Arm like a cannon.
手劲堪比大炮
Nicole'll come around, Detective.
妮可会想通的,警探
I'll see to it.
我可以保证
Actually, Mr. Rose...
其实,罗斯先生
that's not why I came. I, uh...
这不是我来的原因,我
I wanted to tell her it's okay. I understand.
我想要告诉她没关系,我理解
She doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to do.
她不需要做任何不愿做的事
The DA's Office has their guy,
检察官有了嫌疑人
and there's other evidence.
还有些其他的证据
They'll just have to make the best case they can.
他们会尽全力而为
And who knows, maybe Martenz'll plead out,
说必定马坦兹会自己坦白
do a little time.
去蹲蹲监狱
Doesn't feel right
去劝说她作证
to try to talk her into testifying.
总感觉不太好
Martenz killed a boy.
马坦兹杀了一个男孩
A good boy.
一个好孩子
She can explain to a jury exactly what happened.
她可以向陪审团说明到底发生了什么
I'm sorry. I'm getting called away.
抱歉,我得走了
It's another case.
是另一个案子
Would you tell her what I said?
你能转告她我说的话吗
Thanks for the water.
谢谢你的水
No luck finding Lawrence Cranford?
运气不好,没找到劳伦斯·克兰福德吗
Worse luck. Did find him.
运气很差,不过找到他了
Lawrence Cranford was apparently so disgusted
劳伦斯·克兰福德对于
by his experience with big pharma--
他以前的工作经历感到很耻辱
and I quote from his resignation letter to Merrill-Grand:
我引用一下他给美林格兰德公司辞职信里的话
"...A company so poisoned by profits
"这个公司只痴迷于赚钱
"that even the few good souls who remember
以至于那些愿意为人类健康事业做出贡献的
why they got into health care are silenced"--
为数不多的好人也被禁言了"
that he drove to Mexico,
他开车去了墨西哥
took up surfing, and settled in Baja,
玩起了冲浪,在巴哈定居了
where he was killed
也是他死的地方
by a rash of unseasonably rough waves in 2012...
2012年被一次突如其来的大浪吞没
placing my degree of certainty
所以我可以百分之百确定
that he is not Adam Peer at around 100%.
他不是亚当·皮尔了
Bullet-riddled man.
弹痕累累的人像
Is the decor in here not American enough for you?
你是觉得这里的装饰不够美国味吗
We could get some Rockwells,
我们可以挂洛克威尔的画
deep fat fryer...
买个油炸锅
No, this is the gift i was telling you about, for Marcus.
不是,这是我说过的给马库斯的礼物
It's the target from his requalification test.
这是他重新上岗测试时打的靶子
Officer Mulgrew is a firearms instructor.
马尔格鲁警官是枪械教官
He pulled it for me.
他帮我弄出来的
It's a nice grouping.
成绩不错
Other potential Adam Peers?
有其他可能是亚当·皮尔的人吗
Each of them, at some point today.
他们看上去都有可能是
Other researchers, executives at Merrill-Grand
美林格兰德公司其他参与
involved in the development of Toproxefin.
研制托洛芬的研究员和经理
So you think Adam Peer was someone else inside the company.
这么说你觉得亚当·皮尔是公司里的另一个人
Unfortunately, I've also already eliminated each of them,
不幸的是,我也把他们每个人都排除了
as either a coconspirator in the fraud
他们要么是这个骗局的共谋者
or unaware of it until after the scandal broke.
要么就是丑闻爆出后才知道的
Lawrence Cranford is the only individual
劳伦斯·克兰福德是唯一一个
who knew that his teammates were concealing negative data,
知道他的小组成员隐瞒了不利数据的人
but was not himself part of the deceit.
但他自己并没有参与其中
Well, it has to be someone else he told.
那肯定是他告诉过别人
According to his own e-mails,
根据他的邮件记录
he only told a handful of higher-ups
他只告诉过几个上司
who rejected his warnings.
而他们驳回了他的警告
Unless, of course, one of them didn't.
当然,除非其中有人没驳回
"...even the few good souls
"以至于那些愿意
who remember why they got into health care..."
为人类健康事业做出贡献的为数不多的好人"
He wasn't talking about himself.
他不是在说他自己
One of the higher-ups tried to do the right thing
他的某个上司想要做正确的事
and Cranford knew it.
克兰福德知道了
Ms. Buckner!
巴克纳女士
Oh, I'm sorry,
抱歉
I'm actually late for an appointment...
我有个会快要迟到了
No, no, I'm sure you can spare us a moment.
不不,我想你能抽出一点时间的
Alternatively, we could head up to your superiors
否则,我们就去你上级那里
and share with them our suspicions
跟他们说我们怀疑
that you're Adam Peer.
你就是亚当·皮尔
In 2008, you headed a panel
在2008 你领导了一个小组
examining the corrosive effect of profit margins on American health care.
研究利润率对美国民众健康的腐蚀作用
And you must have known this would go over poorly
而且你一定清楚如果你的新老板知道了
with your new bosses,
会很不高兴
'cause you left it off your resume when you applied here.
所以你来这里求职时没有把那段经历写进简历
How did you...?
你怎么知
When Lawrence Cranford shared his concerns about Toproxefin,
劳伦斯·克兰福德对你说了他对托洛芬的担心
you wanted to stop the drug. But you couldn't.
你想要把这药叫停,但是你不能
Not without losing your job.
除非你连工作也不要了
You created adam Peer as a way to blow the whistle anonymously.
你编造了亚当·皮尔这个人来当匿名举报者
And when your bosses still thought
当你的老板们还以为
it was someone inside the company,
这个人是公司内部的员工时
you were able to deflect suspicion,
你就可以摆脱嫌疑了
because you were the one in charge of finding him.
因为你就是负责找出这个人的人
According to the files you gave us,
根据你给我们的文件
you sent your investigators looking for Cranford.
你派了调查员去找克兰福德
He looked the part, but you only needed to run out the clock.
他的确去找了,但你所需要的只是拖延时间
As soon as the FDA rejected the drug,
只要食品及药物管理局驳回了这款药
you were also the person who called off the search.
你就可以停止寻找克兰福德了
I'm quite certain a thorough scan of your computer
我很确定如果全面扫描一下你的电脑
would reveal some of Adam Peer's footprints.
就能找出亚当·皮尔的痕迹
We don't have a warrant, but...
我们没有搜查令,但是
we're betting that your employers
我们肯定你的老板们
will cooperate without one.
即使见不到搜查令也愿意配合
You're only half right.
你只说对了一半
Because I'm only half of "Adam Peer."
因为我只是半个亚当·皮尔
You have a partner.
你有一个搭档
Had.
有过
Barry.
巴瑞
The two of us were Adam Peer together.
我们两个人一起才是亚当·皮尔
The murder victim Barry Granger.
那个凶杀案的死者巴瑞·格兰杰
I would never have hurt him.
我绝不会伤害他的
And you already know he didn't hurt himself.
而且你也知道了他不是自杀的
I'm sorry, but...
很抱歉,不过
if you thought Adam Peer killed him...
如果你觉得是亚当·皮尔杀了他
you were wrong.
那你就错了
I already told your consultants
我已经告诉你的顾问们了
this e-mail didn't come from us.
这封电邮不是我们发的
I didn't send it,
我没发过
and Barry obviously didn't discredit himself.
而且巴瑞很显然也不会败坏自己的名声
Someone hijacked our pseudonym
有人利用了我们的假名
and used it to attack Barry's study.
破坏了巴瑞的研究
That's quite a hobby you two had going.
你们干的这事可不简单啊
How did it start?
怎么开始的
Barry and I met at a conference
巴瑞和我是在托洛芬丑闻
about a year before the Toproxefin scandal.
爆发前一年的一个会议上认识的
We shared a lot of the same concerns...
我们交流过许多对某些问题相同的担心
including the influence of money on good science.
其中包括金钱对科学的影响
So you came up with the idea of Adam Peer together.
所以你们想出了编造亚当·皮尔这个身份的办法
At first, it was just a way to expose Toproxefin.
起初,我们只是想用他曝光托洛芬
And it worked. We got away with it.
而且成功了,没人怀疑我们
And then, a few months later,
后来,几个月之后
Barry was reading an article in another journal
巴瑞在一本期刊上看到了一篇文章
and he noticed that some pictures
他留意到里面有几张
of tissue samples were duplicates.
组织样本的图片是复制的
Adam Peer already existed,
既然有了亚当·皮尔这个人
so we used him again.
我们就又利用了他
And then we started looking for things.
之后我们就开始寻找这类事
Plagiarism,
剽窃
data that was too perfect...
太过完美的数据
Before we knew it, Adam Peer had become
不知不觉之间,亚当·皮尔就成了
something bigger than either of us.
比我们俩都重要的人物
Why didn't you say something
格兰杰博士被害时
when Dr. Granger was killed?
你为什么不说明情况呢
Because it would have meant
因为那样的话
undoing all the good that Adam Peer had done.
就会让亚当·皮尔所取得的成果付之东流
If it came out that you were
如果别人知道了
an exec at a big drug company,
你是一家大医药公司的经理
it would've looked like any rival study you'd debunked
那么你所曝光的所有竞争对手的虚假研究
was motivated by greed.
就会被认为是为了公司的利益
Barry and I talked about coming forward
在他被指控欺诈后,巴瑞和我
after he was accused of fraud.
谈过要澄清我们的身份
He refused,
但他拒绝了
even to clear his own name.
就算这是为了澄清他自己的名誉
He knew that eventually his work would defend itself.
他知道最终他的成果会证明自己的
So when he died, I...
所以他死了之后,我...
I did what I thought he would have wanted.
我做了我觉得他会希望我做的事
Which was nothing.
也就是什么都不做
Can you account for your whereabouts wednesday morning about 6:00 A.M.?
你能说说周三早晨六点左右你在哪里吗
Uh, I was just coming off of a red-eye from San Francisco
我那时刚下从旧金山回来的飞机
with about a half-dozen of my colleagues.
和六七个同事在一起
Their numbers are in my phone;
我手机里有他们的电话号码
they'll confirm it.
他们可以证明
You're gonna tell them, aren't you?
你要告诉他们,是不是
You're gonna tell everyone the truth about Adam Peer.
你会告诉所有人亚当·皮尔到底是谁
The device that Dr. Granger was testing could save countless lives.
格兰杰博士在测试的仪器本可以拯救无数的生命
And the person who attempted to decry it was an imposter, so...
而谴责它的人是冒名顶替的,所以...
how could we not?
我们怎么能不说呢
So why go to the trouble of discrediting Barry Granger
既然不管怎样都要杀了巴瑞·格兰杰
when you're going to kill him anyway?
为什么要那么麻烦让他名誉扫地呢
To explain the suicide?
为了解释自杀吗
Perhaps the target wasn't Dr. Granger,
或许目标不是格兰杰博士
but his work.
而是他的成果
Consider the combined effect of the killer's plan:
考虑到凶手计划的综合效果
you lob an accusation of fraud and then stage it to look like
制造一项欺诈的指控,然后假装
Granger killed himself in shame.
格兰杰羞愧自杀
So you think this is corporate espionage?
所以你觉得是企业间谍干的
Loathe as I am to admit it,
虽然我不愿意承认
Granger's benefactor Hank Prince
但格兰杰的资助人汉克·普林斯
may be right when he sees himself as the victim in all this.
可能真的像他自己认为的一样是个受害者
I can't believe it.
难以相信
Barry was Adam Peer.
巴瑞就是亚当·皮尔
Just not the one who called your invention into question.
但不是质疑你们发明的那个
We've notified the journal his study appeared in
我们已经通知了发表他成果的期刊
the e-mail accusing fraud was, in fact, fraud itself.
指责其欺诈的邮件本身就是假的
Might not be the same as having Dr. Granger back to clear his name,
可能跟让格兰杰博士回来澄清自己的名誉不大一样
but it should reassure your investors
但也可以使你的投资者们安心
and expedite the vetting of the good doctor's work.
帮助博士的研究审查通过
Thank you.
谢谢
You have no idea how much time you've just saved me.
你不知道这节约了我多少时间
But... what now?
但,现在怎么办
Obviously, "Adam Peer" Didn't kill Barry, so who did?
很显然,亚当·皮尔没有杀死巴瑞,那是谁呢
We believe it was someone who had motive to attack you and your work.
我们觉得是一个有动机攻击你和你的成果的人
Is it safe to assume the Hound has competition?
猎犬有竞争者吧
Well, of course.
当然有
Any particular rivals spring to mind?
有哪些比较突出吗
I'll write you a list.
我给你列张单子
Mr. Rose.
罗斯先生
Everything all right?
一切还好吧
I had a talk with Nicole this morning.
我今早和妮可谈了谈
I told her that I thought that testifying was the right thing to do.
我告诉她我觉得应该站出来作证
It did not go well.
结果并不好
She left.
她走了
Went to stay with family of hers upstate.
去跟她北部的亲属住了
Sorry to hear that.
很抱歉
But, you know, like I told you the other day...
但我那天跟你说了...
she needs to do what she needs to do.
她只需做她该做的事
I want to take her place.
我想代替她
What?
什么
I want to testify in her place.
我想代替她作证
Nicole and I must've talked a thousand times. about what she saw that night.
那晚她看到了什么,妮可和我说了有千百遍
I know every detail, inside and out.
我每个细节都知道
You understand that's perjury, right?
你明白这是作伪证,对吧
You could go to jail, i could lose my shield...
你会去坐牢,我会丢掉我的警徽
and do you really think Martenz's attorney wouldn't see right through it?
你真以为马坦兹的律师不会看穿吗
You coming forward, months after the shooting,
枪击发生几个月后,正好在妮可退出之时
just as Nicole backs out?
你站了出来
He'd eat you alive on the stand
他会当场把你生吞活剥
and Martenz would still go free.
马坦兹依旧会被无罪释放
Mr. Rose, I'm confused.
罗斯先生,我很迷惑
I-I know you.
我了解你
I know how much you did for your school, your community...
我知道你为你的学校,你的社区做了多少
How much?
多少
How much have I done?
我做了多少
Would you want your child to go to Rooker High?
你会想让你的孩子上洛克高中吗
Would you want to raise them in my neighborhood?
你会想在我的社区养育孩子吗
You really don't think you made a difference?
你真的觉得自己的努力没有任何作用吗
Quame Martenz shot that boy right in front of Nicole.
夸米·马坦兹当着妮可的面枪杀了那个男孩
Didn't care that he had a family that loved him.
不在乎他还有爱他的家人
Didn't care what that would do to Nicole.
不在乎他的所作所为会对妮可产生什么影响
I have poured my life's blood into this neighborhood.
我把我毕生的心血都奉献给了那个社区
Never did anything but the right thing.
总是做正确的事
You know, I stood up to 'bangers, too, once.
我有一次也反抗了黑帮成员
I was 12.
我那时12岁
They tried to get me to join up.
他们试图拉我入伙
They beat me half to death.
把我打得半死
But you know what?
但你知道吗
I didn't end up in any gang.
我最终什么黑帮也没有加入
And neither did a lot of kids.
很多孩子都是
It's because of you.
就是因为你
Look, go home, okay?
听着,回家吧,好吗
Let me worry about Martenz.
让我来操心马坦兹
We don't get him this time,
我们这次抓不到他
we will get him the next.
下次一定能抓到
You have my word.
我保证
Well, from what I can tell, the company closest
就我所知,另一个最可能
to getting another cancer-detection device on the market is called Radner Science.
研发出癌症检测器的公司叫做拉德纳科学
They're one of the biggest medical device companies in the world.
他们是全球最大的医疗器械公司之一
Who's winning?
谁赢了
I'm having second thoughts.
我反悔了
About? Tomorrow night's festivities.
反悔什么,明天晚上的欢庆会
I'm pleased for Detective Bell.
我为贝尔警探感到高兴
He's accomplished quite a lot in these last few months.
他最近几个月成就了很多事
He deserves to be feted.
值得庆贺
Okay, first things first.
好吧,首先
Are you worried about being in a bar?
你担心待在酒吧里吗
I'm not worried about triggers.
我不担心犯酒瘾
I'm worried I'll distract.
我担心我会分心
As I said... He would not have invited you
正如我所说... 如果他不想看到你的话
if he didn't want you there.
也不会邀请你了
Misanthropy was so easy, Watson.
厌世真是太容易了,华生
Elegant.
非常优雅
I miss it sometimes.
有时还挺怀念那种感觉的
Captain?
警监
I thought you'd want to know
我想知会你一声
that guy that was working with Barry Granger,
与巴瑞·格兰杰共事的人
Hank Prince, he's at the station.
汉克·普林斯,现在正在警局
Did something happen?
发生什么事了吗
You could say that.
可以这么说
His estranged wife was shot dead
他已分居的妻子
a few hours ago, in her home,
几小时前被发现死于家中
with a gun registered to him.
凶枪是普林斯的
He's under arrest for murder.
他以涉嫌谋杀的罪名被逮捕
I didn't hurt my wife, okay?
我没有杀我妻子
I would never hurt my wife.
我绝不会杀她的
That why she took out a restraining order
那三个月前她申请了对你的限制令
against you three months ago?
又是怎么回事
Her lawyer put her up to that.
她的律师让她那样干的
We had an argument on the phone, okay?
我们在电话里吵架了
That was it. Well, according to her statement,
就是吵架,但根据她的说法
the argument got heated, you argued about the divorce,
争吵非常激烈,你说要离婚
and you told her you weren't gonna let her take a dime.
而且你跟她说,你不会给她一分钱
She was being unreasonable.
她那时候在无理取闹
Look, for the last time,
我再说一次
I was in a cab with my girlfriend
安德里亚被杀的时候
when Andrea was shot.
我与女友正坐在出租车里
Her name is Sloan Teller.
她叫斯隆·特纳
We were going from her place to my place.
我们从她家出发去我家
You got a medallion number, driver's name,
还记得出租车牌照和司机名字吗
anything at all we can use to confirm your story?
以便我们证实你的话
'Cause the whole "my girlfriend is my alibi" thing
因为找女友做不在场证明
is starting to wear a little thin.
实在没什么说服力
I got a receipt, I think.
我记得有出租车发票
I-I-I would've left it on my counter when I got home.
回家的时候估计放在桌上了
Are you two seriously just gonna stand there?
你们俩真就打算在那干站着
Tell him what you told me today.
告诉他你们今天跟我说的
We went to see Mr. Prince
我们的确去见了普林斯先生
because we believe someone was targeting him and his work.
因为我们怀疑有人盯上了他和他的仪器
You hear that?
听到没有
Someone is after me.
有人在害我
Someone who wants my device to fail.
有人想破坏我的仪器
First they wrote that letter to discredit Barry's study.
他们先写信来质疑巴瑞的研究
Then they killed him.
然后又杀害了他
But your people saw through all that,
你的手下看穿了他们的把戏
so now they're framing me for Andrea's murder.
现在他们是拿安德里亚的死来陷害我
She was killed with your gun.
她是被你的枪打死的
Which must've been stolen from my home.
肯定是从我家偷的
They found it on the coffee table a few feet from Andrea's body, right?
枪在离尸体不远的咖啡桌上发现的对吧
Tell me, what kind of idiot would I have to be
你说说,我是多白痴
to kill my wife with my own gun
才会用自己的枪打死妻子
and then just leave it behind?
再把它留在犯罪现场
You know what?
告诉你们
I'm done talking.
我不打算再说什么了
I-I want my lawyer.
我要见律师
Either this guy did the dumbest job shooting his ex I've ever seen,
要不就是这家伙实在太傻枪杀了他前妻
or someone's doing a really good job ruining his life.
要不就是陷害他的人实在太高明
The man developed a machine for detecting cancer via exhalations,
他发明了通过呼吸检测癌症的机器
I don't think he's dumb.
我觉得他应该不傻
You think he's telling the truth?
你觉得他说的是实话
Someone's setting him up?
有人要陷害他
He had motive to kill his wife,
他有杀妻动机
there were no signs of forced entry,
犯案现场没有强行进入的痕迹
so she probably knew her attacker,
所以她很可能认识袭击者
his gun was the murder weapon.
他的枪是凶器
But there were no prints on it, and he does have a point.
但枪上没有指纹,他说的也有道理
He'd have to be an idiot to kill her this way.
这样杀害妻子简直太蠢了
Well, I'm gonna send a team to his house to find that receipt.
我会派一个小分队去他家找发票
We don't find it,
如果没找到
he better pray you two figure out
他最好祈祷你们能够发现
who's gunning for him.
到底是谁在陷害他
I'm dreaming this, right?
我在做梦吧
You're not seriously waking me up again.
你不是又来扰我美梦了
The detectives who searched Hank Prince's home
如他所言,搜查汉克·普林斯家的警探
found the taxi receipt, just like he said they would.
在他家找到了出租车发票
They identified the cab driver. They showed him photographs
他们又找到了出租车司机,给他看了
of Prince and his girlfriend, Sloan Teller.
普林斯和女友斯隆·特纳的照片
He I.D.'d the both of them.
司机认出了他们两人
Remembered them vividly, mostly Ms. Teller, vividly.
印象非常深刻,尤其是特纳女士
I haven't even met her, and I can picture her vividly.
我也没见过她,但我也对她印象深刻
But so what? The guy has an alibi.
那又怎样,他虽然有不在场证明
He could've hired anyone to shoot his wife.
但完全可以雇别人杀他妻子
Would you hire someone to kill someone for you,
你会去雇一个杀手
go to the trouble of establishing an alibi,
并且不辞劳苦地制造不在场证明
and then hand that person your gun to commit the crime?
然后又把你的枪给他来暴露自己吗
For the time being, Mr. Prince has been released from custody.
普林斯先生暂时被释放了
And until a better theory presents itself,
如果没有更好的解释
I believe we must continue operating under our previous assumption
我想我们不得不继续先前的猜测
that someone is targeting Prince in an effort to undermine The Hound.
也就是有人故意陷害普林斯来搞垮猎犬计划
I get that framing the head of a company for murder
陷害公司负责人谋杀可以严重影响公司发展
could throw a hitch in his business plan,
这个道理我懂
but it's a hell of a long way to go.
但我看没有这么简单
Precisely the reason that I think
这也就是为什么
we need to focus our attention on an individual
我认为我们应该把注意力集中在
disposed to going to such lengths.
愿意费这么大周折的那个人身上
Last night, you mentioned
昨晚你提到
a likely home for our corporate saboteur,
有个疑似想破坏猎犬计划的对手
a company called Radner Science.
叫拉德纳科学公司
I wasn't even sure you heard that.
没想到你都听到了
Well, not only did I hear it,
我不仅仅是听到了
I spent most of the night considering it,
还花了一晚上来思考这件事
and I have concluded that I agree.
我的结论是同意你的看法
I read the autobiography of its CEO,
我看了公司总裁的自传
Charles "Call me Chuck" Hammond,
查尔斯·哈蒙德,请叫我查克
and he's just the kind of Sun Tzu-quoting,
他就是《孙子兵法》里提到的那种
take no prisoners corporate executive that one might
格杀勿论,赶尽杀绝
expect to ignore all boundaries of moral decency.
为达目的,不择手段之人
Plus, the company is developing a device
此外,这家公司也在开发一种
in direct competition to The Hound.
与猎犬相竞争的仪器
However, from what I can infer from the Internet,
不过,我从网上了解到
they may be as much as one year behind in the race. Come on.
他们的研究整整落后了一年,快点
Are you okay? You seem hyper.
你还好吗,看着很亢奋
I may have had a coffee or three with my tea this morning.
我今早可能在茶里掺了一到三杯咖啡
Are you joking about this?
你在开玩笑吗
Two lives have been taken,
两条人命都没了
a third is on the verge of ruination.
第三起命案极有可能发生
It's not really a joking matter.
这可不是开玩笑的事
You do admit you know
你承认你知道
about Hank Prince and the two murders.
汉克·普林斯和两起谋杀案
Of course I do. It's my job to know.
我当然知道,这是我的份内事
Because your cancer-detecting products are in competition.
因为你们的癌症检测产品正在互相竞争
I don't know what sort of weird cloak and dagger world
我不知道你生活在什么奇怪世界里
you live in, but in mine,
但在我的世界里
we don't go around killing our competition.
我们不会去杀死竞争对手
We don't have to because there is and always has been
我们不需要杀人,因为永远都有
a pretty damn effective alternative.
比杀人更好的选择
And what might that be?
是什么
Buying them.
直接并购
I have a whole floor full of analysts
我有一整层楼的分析员
whose job is to do nothing more than pay attention
他们唯一的工作就是留意那些
to start-ups like Hank Prince.
像汉克·普林斯这样的业界新秀
We watch, we wait, we prepare a bid,
我们观察,等待时机,准备出价方案
and then when all this dust settles,
待一切尘埃落定
if his device is any good,
如果他的仪器足够好
we pay him handsomely for his company.
我们就高价买下他的公司
We put the words Radner Science on the side of his Hound,
把他的猎犬变成拉德纳科学的产品
and nobody's happier than me.
没有人比我更乐见其成了
Make sense?
说得通吧
Entirely.
很有道理
Yes, our apologies for interrupting your breakfast.
很抱歉打扰了你的早餐
You've been most helpful.
你给了我们莫大的帮助
Are you crashing? You look like you're crashing.
你睡着了吗,你看上去像是睡着(下降)了
No, I'm ascending, actually.
不,相反我是在上升
I believe I've determined who has the strongest motive
我相信我已经知道谁最有动机
to hurt Hank Prince. Who?
伤害汉克·普林斯了,谁
Hank Prince.
汉克·普林斯
Captain.
警监
Care to explain why photographs
能劳烦解释一下为何
of my client and his girlfriend
我的委托人及其女友的照片
have been taped to those chairs?
被贴在椅背上吗
What's this?
这是什么
We met Chuck Hammond this morning. Colorful chap.
我们今早见到了查克·哈蒙德,有趣的家伙
He was kind enough to give us this.
他很好心地给了我们这个
It's is Radner Science's
是拉德纳科学
financial analysis of your company,
对贵公司作出的财务分析
complete with a handy graph plotting its projected value over time.
还包括公司不同时期预估市值的有用图表
If The Hound proves to be as successful
如果猎犬真像巴瑞·格兰杰的
as Barry Granger's research suggested it would be,
研究所说的那般成功
you stand to become a very wealthy man.
你就会获得巨额的财富
Your problem is that you were in the middle of a divorce.
但问题是你正处于离婚纠纷之中
Your wife's lawyers were busy trying to figure out
你妻子的律师团正忙着计算
how much you would be worth in the future
你将来的财富总额
so they would know how much you would have to share.
以决定你应该分出多少财产
You wanted your future to disappear,
你希望你将来的财富消失
but only temporarily.
但只是暂时性的
You came up with a tidy plan.
于是你想出了这个周密的计划
Impersonate Adam Peer to suggest
借亚当·皮尔之名
that Dr. Granger falsified his results.
称格兰杰博士伪造了研究结果
Then murder him, stage it as a suicide,
然后杀了他并设计成自杀
simultaneously removing the one man
一举两得地除掉了唯一一个
who could defend his work
会为自己的研究辩白
and legitimizing the accusations of fraud.
从而让你的骗局露馅的人
Once the divorce was finalized
一旦离婚的事板上钉钉
and the company was out of your wife's reach,
你妻子再也无法捞到公司的好处
well, Barry's work would be vindicated.
巴瑞的研究会被证明无误
The company's value would skyrocket,
公司的价值立刻飙升
and you would be able to keep your millions.
你就能保住那些财富了
Your company's value was gonna rebound too quickly.
只是贵公司的价值回升速度太快
You were still dead set against sharing
而你死都不愿意让你妻子
anything with your wife,
分得一杯羹
so you went to plan B--
于是你采用了备用计划
you killed her.
杀了她
Realizing that as the estranged husband,
你知道作为一个与妻子分居的丈夫
you would inevitably be the prime suspect,
毋庸置疑你会被列为首要嫌疑人
you hatched another devious plan.
所以你狡猾地设计了另一出戏
You framed yourself for a murder you actually committed.
你把自己做的案嫁祸给自己
The other day, we told you that we thought someone was targeting you.
那天我们说可能是有人盯上你了
You took that idea and ran with it.
你就顺水推舟
You murdered your wife
谋杀了你妻子
because you thought it fit with the narrative of our case.
因为这正符合此案的逻辑
You were being framed by someone who wanted to destroy you.
你被陷害了,那人想置你于死地
You're forgetting my client
你们忘记我的委托人
has an alibi for both murders.
在两起谋杀案时都有不在场证明了
You interviewed Sloan Teller and the cab driver yourselves.
是你们给斯隆·特纳和出租车司机录口供的
Ms. Teller wouldn't be the first girlfriend to falsely alibi
特纳女士也不是第一个为杀害老婆的男友
a guy for his wife's murder.
伪造不在场证明的人了
And as far as the cab driver goes...
至于那个出租车司机
This is the actual partition from the cab in question.
这就是那辆出租车里的隔离板
Have a look through it.
你们自己看看
Would it surprise you to learn that upon being reinterviewed,
你应该不会觉得惊讶,再次接受问话时
the cab driver admitted that he barely saw the gentleman in the backseat.
司机承认,他几乎完全没看到后座上的男士
His attention was far more focused
他的注意力全放在
on the provocatively dressed Ms. Teller.
穿着性感挑逗的特纳女士身上了
As you intended.
正如你希望的那样
We got a warrant for Ms. Teller's apartment.
我们获准搜查特纳女士的公寓
Turns out, she spent most of the day yesterday
发现她昨天大部分时间都在
on TrueRomantix.Com,
真爱网上
specifically searching for guys
专门找你这种身高
about your height, build and hair color
体形及发色的男士
who might be interested in going on a date with her last night.
看谁有兴趣昨晚跟她出来约会
Once we discovered that,
我们发现了这点之后
she flipped on you pretty quick.
她很快就把你供出来了
Bell.
我是贝尔
Hey, man.
你好啊
Yeah, that was mine.
对,是我的
When?
什么时候
The way it was described to me,
据他们跟我说
Mr. Rose walked up to Mr. Martenz on Euclid Avenue and...
罗斯先生去欧几里德大道找马坦兹先生
no warning, just emptied his weapon.
什么都没说,就向他开枪
A couple of Martenz's friends returned fire.
马坦兹先生的几个朋友开枪反击
Both were declared dead at the scene.
两人均当场丧命
Did you know him?
你认识他吗
Only the legend.
只知道他的传奇
And there was me thinking the party would be inside.
我还以为派对是在里面呢
Hey.
你来了
I wasn't sure you'd come.
还以为你可能不来了
Well, neither was I.
我也不确定来着
Had I known this would be the extent of the revelry,
要是我知道你所谓的狂欢就是这样
I might have committed much sooner.
我可能早就答应了
You ever have one of those nights?
你也经历过这样的夜晚吗
My fair share.
很多次
I worked my ass off to get back,
我拼尽了全力回到这个岗位
really back.
回到原来的状态
Harder than I've worked at anything my whole life.
我这辈子都没经历过更难的事
Everyone in there
里面的所有人
is expecting me to be happy tonight, but...
都觉得我今晚应该开心,但...
Yeah.
我明白
The work we do...
干我们这行
there's often a price.
总是有代价的
I don't know.
不知道
I guess I'm just...
我想我只是
not ready to go inside yet.
还没准备好进去
Well, don't.
那就别进去
Not yet.
过会儿再说
There's a coffee shop on the corner.
拐角处有间咖啡厅
That an invitation?
你是在邀请我吗
Well, they'll still be here when you're ready.
反正等你准备好了他们也还在