手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 新闻编辑室 > 新闻编辑室第一季 > 正文

新闻编辑室第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第9集 模拟辩论

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Backup generators should have come on already.

备用发电机早该启动了
Maybe it just needs a minute. It doesn't just need a minute.
也许需要等一会儿,根本不需要等,
It's an emergency generator that's supposed to make a seamless handoff
应急发电机本该无缝切换
so if this happens during a show.
以防在直播时停电
Herb? Power's out in the whole building.
赫布,整栋楼都停电了,
It's been explained to me 19 different ways
他们用19种方式向我解释过
how we can never lose power in the studio.
演播室里绝不会停电
What about all the redundancies?
冗余电源呢
There was a round of budget cuts before you got here.
你来之前,台里刚削减了预算
And they cut some of the redundancies... Don't say it.
削减了一些冗余电源...别说了
because they thought they were redundant.
因为他们觉得有些多余
Okay.
好了
That's a good sign right?
这是个好兆头,对吧
Those are battery powered.
那些灯是电池供电的
When should I start to worry?
我该开始担心了吗
I'd have started already.
早该了
Electricians are on their way.
电工马上就到
We lost power in the studio.
演播室里停电了
What makes you say that?
你是怎么发觉的
Everybody listen up. It's the whole building.
大家听好,整栋楼都停电了
We've sent for maintenance to check on our generator.
我们找了维修人员来检修发电机
They should be here in a minute. They've got to walk up 25 floors.
他们马上就会到,他们得爬25层楼,
Okay they should be here in a couple of hours.
好吧,他们几小时内就到
Neal I want you to be in charge
尼尔,你来负责
of rationing battery life for laptops and cell phones.
笔记本和手机的电池配给
I have a question. Yes?
我有个问题,什么,
What if the power doesn't go back on?
要是不来电怎么办
I don't think that's a realistic possibility.
你觉得这可能吗
I don't mean ever. I mean
又不是说永远不来电
what if the power doesn't go on by showtime?
要是到节目播出的时间还没来电怎么办
Do we have a contingency? No.
有应急方案吗,没有
Mac?
麦肯
A miracle.
奇迹
A miracle happens.
奇迹发生
We become a team again.
我们回归为一个团队
We all hate this right?
大家都讨厌这样,对吧
We're gonna hate it more after 10 minutes of no air conditioning.
再停上10分钟空调,就更讨厌了
No not the power outage.
不,我不是说停电
We hate what we're doing.
我们讨厌,自己正在做的事
We hate that we're covering casey Anthony and Anthony Weiner.
讨厌自己报道凯西·安东尼和安东尼·韦纳
We hate that we have to do it to save the ratings.
讨厌自己为了挽救收视率,而出此下策
We hate that we have to bump important stories.
我们讨厌自己,为此而砍掉重要新闻
And we're starting to be not very pleasant people to be around.
渐渐地,我们变得难以相处
Guys this is real.
这是真的
I'm not making this up.
不是我编的
Just a minute ago when I was prepping
就在刚才,我正准备
for a pretape with that idiot who's still sitting in the studio...
给还坐在演播室里的那蠢蛋做预录时
Are you talking about me? No!
你在说我吗,不是,
Yes. When I was prepping for her pretape I said
就是,在我准备给她做预录时,我说
"God please show me a sign that I'm not doing a big thing badly."
"上帝请给我个指示,我是不是大错特错了"
And right that second all the power went out.
就在那一刻,停电了
And so obviously I thought "There's my answer."
我当时想,"这就是他的回答"
Raise your hand if Mac's freaking you the hell out right now.
谁被麦肯吓着了,请举手
No listen to me!
不,听我说
Just tell us how we do the show if the power doesn't
告诉我,如果不来电我们怎么做节目
By being a team again. And that was God's plan.
回归为一个团队,这是上帝的计划
Keep God out of this and talk more about electricity.
别提上帝,说说供电的事
We do the show outside right in the plaza.
我们去外面的广场上做节目
How? Yeah we can do this.
怎么做,是啊,我们能做到,
What do we need? A desk a camera
我们需要什么,一张桌子,一台摄像机
some microphones and a way to beam a signal into space.
几支话筒,还有发射信号的装置
The grips take apart the anchor desk.
工作人员把主播台拆了
And carry it down 25 flights?
然后搬下25层楼吗
You bet your ass they do.
绝对没问题
We can use a single tripodmounted handheld.
可以把便携机架在三脚架上
We park a sat truck out there. That's right.
在外面停辆卫星车,没错(将节目信号传至同步通信卫星,再传至电视台的设备)
Run the video and graphics through Washington. Yes!
录像和图像从华盛顿那边播,没错,
I'm in your sight line the whole time
我会保持在你视线中
in your ear and standing next to camera.
站在摄像机旁,用耳机给你指示
I'll have a laptop with a constant iNews connection.
我找一台笔记本,时刻连接着iNews (对新闻素材进行非线性编辑的软件)
How do we get power to editors to run the Avids?
非线编设备的供电怎么办
What did they do in Apollo 13?
阿波罗13号的太空员是怎么做的
They shut down all the power in the command module
他们关闭了指令舱的电力
and siphoned it into the LEM.
进入了登月舱
I don't think that's gonna work here.
这招对我们没用吧
What would they have done if there was a hardware store in space?
如果太空里有五金店,他们会怎么做
Buy a generator. We're gonna buy two.
买发电机,咱们要买两台,
One goes in an Avid bay and the other stays downstairs.
一台给非线编设备供电,另一台演播现场用
What time does the sun set tonight? 8:37.
今晚太阳几点下山,8点37分,
Why in the world would you know that?
你怎么会知道这种事
One of those things.
个人爱好
We'll need HMIs with gels for the top half hour
前半小时用带滤光片的HMI灯(HMI:一种弧光灯,效果接近日光,而白炽灯光为黄色)
and incandescents for the bottom half.
后半小时用白炽灯
We need the NYPD for security
由纽约警局负责安保
and we need to trust each other.
我们要互相信任
Does anybody think we're not good enough to pull this off?
有谁认为我们没本事做到吗
No!
没有
Should I still be sitting here?
我应该继续坐在这儿吗
I'm so sorry Sandy.
不好意思,桑迪
I know you had your heart set on entertaining us
我知道你决心要和我们分享
with private details of a man you were sexting with
你的色情短信对象的隐私细节
and maybe a "Playboy" Spread
或是他的《花花公子》版面
but we're not able to do pretape.
但现在没法做预录了
So if you want to do the show you're gonna have to do it live.
你若想上节目,就只能做现场
I already committed to FOX
我已经答应FOX台了
and no offense but it's a bigger audience.
无意冒犯,但他们的观众更多
Shoot! Does anybody think we can't do this?
该死,有谁认为我们没本事做的
No! This is a blessing in disguise.
没有,塞翁失马,焉知非福,
I say the power going out is the best thing that ever happened to us.
照我说,这场停电反倒是"福"
I say the power going out is what is gonna save this...
照我说,这场停电即将拯救...
Son of a bitch!
你妹啊
You're a freaking riot you know that?
你耍我啊你
I meant to tell you
我跟你说
you should use the word bombshell more
今晚凯西·安东尼的报道
in the Casey Anthony coverage tonight.
你该多用几次"出人意料"
Sandy you're back in business.
桑迪,我们继续
Great. Let's go.
好极了,来吧,
Bombshell after bombshell today
今日凯西·安东尼
in the trial of Casey Anthony for the murder of
被告谋杀两岁亲生女儿凯丽的庭审中
her twoyearold daughter Caylee.
连连出人意料
Casey's brother Lee Anthony took the stand
凯西的兄长李·安东尼出庭作证
to testify about the events of the night of July 15 2008
描述2008年7月15日晚发生的事
when Caylee was reported missing.
即凯丽被报失踪当晚
Watch and listen. It's riveting stuff. Roll five.
仔细看,很精彩,进五号视频,
When you asked your sister
当你问你妹妹
why won't you allow us to see Caylee
为什么不让你见凯丽的时候
what do you recall her saying?
还记得她怎么说吗
I told Detective Edwards that she said...
我告诉爱德华警官,她说...
I'm paraphrasing...
这不是原话
"Because maybe I'm a spiteful bitch."
"可能因为我是个狠毒的贱人"
Lee Anthony described his odyssey that month
李·安东尼描述了那个月
trying to find his missing niece.
寻找外甥女的艰苦历程
Oddly he was never questioned
奇怪的是,辩方称,他曾猥过凯西
about the defense's claim he molested Casey.
但他从未因此受到盘问
For the latest we're joined live from Orlando
最后,我们连线ACN在奥兰多的记者
by ACN's Selena Machado.
赛琳娜·玛奇朵
Can you describe how you're feeling right now? No.
你能描述一下现在的感受吗,不能,
Selena how did Casey seem today
赛琳娜,在兄长陈词过程中
during her brother's testimony?
凯西看起来如何
Well her demeanor was different with Lee
她跟李在一起时的行为举止
than it was with her mother.
与跟母亲在一起时截然不同
The normally outspoken Democratic New York congressman
坦率直言的纽约民主党议员
is suddenly tonguetied and evasive.
突然变得吞吞吐吐,含糊其辞
Here he is again today with "The Today Show"'s Luke Russert.
今天他又上了卢克·卢瑟特的《今日秀》
Roll 16. That's not a picture of you?
进16号视频,那不是你的照片吗,
You know I can't say with certitude.
我不能确定
My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated.
我的电脑被黑了,照片可能是伪造的
Pictures can be dropped in and inserted.
也可能是拼接而成的
Someone committed a prank on me.
是有人对我恶作剧
Somehow got access to my Twitter account
盗窃了我的推特账号
and right away put up a picture
然后立刻贴出一张艳照
that made fun of the name Weiner.
开"韦纳"这名字的玩笑(weiner也有"香肠"的意思)
Hey we can be doing mock debate prep during this.
我们可以利用这段时间准备模拟辩论
Hey debate prep.
准备辩论吧
You don't have to watch this.
你们没必要看这个
We don't know for sure what happened here.
我们不能确定到底发生了什么
I spoke earlier today with Sandy Witless
今天早些时候,我采访了桑迪·惠特斯
a bartender... Whiddles like carving wood.
一名酒吧招待...惠德斯,就像刻木头,
Excuse me Sandy Whiddles a bartender here in Manhattan
抱歉,桑迪·惠德斯,曼哈顿酒吧招待
who had been tweeting with congressman Weiner for the past several months.
她与韦纳议员在推特上聊了数月
Here's that interview. Roll 22.
下面是采访内容,进22号视频,
Thank you for speaking to us Sandy. Thank you.
谢谢你接受采访,桑迪,谢谢,
When did you become a Twitter follower of the congressman?
你几时开始在推特上"关注"议员先生的
Let me say first that I was more than a follower.
首先声明,我不仅仅是"关注"了他
We had a relationship which is obvious when you read the texts.
我们有暧昧关系的,一看聊天记录便知
Does he usually smoke at his desk?
他常在主播台上抽烟吗
I have copies of the texts right here.
我有聊天记录的打印稿
I know you're eager to read the tweets.
我知道你很想念出那些聊天记录
We'll get to those in a moment. Okay because...
我们一会再说,好的,因为...
Did the congressman ever talk to you or tweet to you
议员先生可曾亲口提及,或私信你
anything that he was working on in one of his committees?
任何关于他在委员会里的工作事宜
No. I have copies of the tweets right here.
没有,我有聊天记录的打印稿
Two minutes and 20 seconds in the C block to educate the public
只有2分20秒来教育大众,还是在第三段
on most irresponsible economic inaction in my lifetime.
这可是我平生所见最不负责的经济不作为
I know it's all upside down because of Casey Anthony.
我懂,全是因为凯西·安东尼案
Once ratings are back up...
一旦收视率回升...
We're committing journalistic malpractice.
这是新闻渎职罪
Fortunately there's no such thing.
幸好,没有这种罪
How great would it be if there was?
要是有的话,该多好
I can understand your frustration.
我能理解你的挫败感
What's your thing again? It's a website for trolls.
你要做什么来着,一个钓饵者的网站,
They get together and talk about their conquests.
他们聚在一起谈论各自的钓饵战利品
And I want to produce a story and Mac's given me the goahead
我想制作一个新闻故事,麦肯准许我
to go to the next level. Go on the website?
继续深入下去,加入那网站,
Yeah but I can't get in the conversation
对,但我没法打入内部
till I can point to another website and show how I've...
除非我能展示,我在另一个网站...
Been an asshole? Yes.
干了混事,是的,
I have to go onto a message board and disrupt the conversation
我必须去留言板里捣乱
to the extent that havoc ensues.
制造出巨大混乱
Then I can go on the troll website and brag about it.
然后我就能去钓饵网站炫耀了
But you don't want to do something or say something
但你不想用你的言论
that would hurt someone you don't know. Right.
中伤陌生人,对,
You want to say things that would hurt me.
你想用言论来中伤我
Yes.
是的
What website?
什么网站
You've heard of EconomyBrain.com?
你听说过经济头脑网吗
Yes it's a financial news aggregate blog and discussion forum
听过,是集合财经新闻的博客和论坛
that attracts an intelligent level of debate.
充满了高水平的辩论
And the commenters have a very high opinion of your analyses.
许多评论员都对你的分析,评价很高
So you'd like my permission to...
所以你是想我允许你...
Jump in there and invent heinous and incendiary lies about you
冲进论坛,煽动造谣,诽谤你
end the intelligent debate and start a whole new one
终结高水平辩论,开启一个新话题
about say whether or not you're a whore.
比如,你是不是个婊子
My dad has friends who are economists too
我爸也有些经济学家朋友
So with Father's Day just around the corner
父亲节近在眼前
this'll save me the trouble of shopping for him.
看来我不用费事给他买礼物了
I know.
我明白
Just print out the whole whore debate and
我只要把婊子辩论的全文打出来
put it in a nice frame for him.
好好裱起来,送给他就行了
It would be my first story
这是我的第一则报道
and I really think it's a good one.
我真的觉得这故事很棒
I think so too.
我有同感
Just let me know when it's over.
结束了告诉我
You're the greatest. I really am.
你是最棒的,我还真是,
This is Hang Chew's.
这家店叫"杭州"
The staff adopted it as their hangout
员工常来这儿玩
'cause they get cheap food and drinks until 9:00.
因为这里九点前,都有便宜食物和饮料,
Can you spell that? NINE OC
怎么拼,鸡咦偶,九,
Okay.
算了
Is it important that you treat me like I'm an asshole?
你把我当做混蛋,真的那么重要吗
I wouldn't say important so much as...
与其说是重要,不如说...
I know you'd agree it would be better It just sort of feels right.
我相信,你也认为,就是感觉好,
to keep our personal past out of this. Yeah.
还是公私分明比较好,没错,
That said I'd like to point out that you broke up with me too.
那我要指出,你也甩过我
Listen Brian...
听着,布莱恩...
I broke up with you we got back together
我甩了你,又和好了
and then you broke up with me. Those are the facts.
然后你又甩了我,这是事实
I sure hope we're on the record for this.
真希望这些能记录在案
And during the second act you were with Will behind my back.
和好之后,你却背着我和威尔在一起
Once again I was with you behind Will's back.
再说一遍,我是背着威尔和你在一起
Yeah and it makes me feel great when you say that
你这么说,我感觉好多了
but I do think we should stick to the story.
但我们还是得忠于事实
The story is this: Will is a heavyweight
事实就是,威尔是重量级的人物
and for a long time he was pretending to be a lightweight
却在很长一段时间里,伪装成轻量级
because lightweights get higher ratings.
因为轻量级的收视率更高
Yes.
没错
Will's a lonely guy isn't he?
威尔非常寂寞,不是吗
Is he... He's lonely.
他怎么会...他很寂寞
He doesn't care about ratings because of the money.
他在意收视率,不是因为钱
He cares about ratings because the audience makes him feel less lonely.
他在意收视率,是因为观众能消解他的寂寞
What do you plan on writing about Brian?
你打算写些什么,布莱恩
I don't know yet.
我还不知道
I have to talk to Sloan. Excuse me one second.
我得找斯隆谈谈,失陪
He is a lonely guy.
他的确很寂寞
I don't know if that started around the time
我不知,他的寂寞是否因为
I told him I'd been sleeping with you
我向他坦白,跟你偷情的事
but I'll bet it didn't help.
但至少也是火上浇油了
Governor Pawlenty
波伦蒂州长
the possibility exists that New Hampshire will become
新罕布什尔州可能将成为
the 23rd state to pass righttowork legislation.
第23个通过《工作权利法》的州
As president would you support a federal righttowork law?
您若当选,会支持《工作权利法》成为联邦法吗
You should have this. Give me a second.
你应该答得上,让我想想,
Try for much of my life
比如,从我有记忆起
my father was a Teamster truck driver.
我爸就是国际卡车司机兄弟会的一员
My brothers and sisters were in Unions.
我的兄弟姐妹都加入工会
I was in a union.
我也加入了工会
We grew up in a bluecollar town.
我们在一个蓝领小镇长大
We live in the United States of America.
我们生长的土地叫美利坚合众国
Governor we know where we live.
州长,我知道我们住哪儿
Would you support...
你会支持...
People shouldn't be forced to belong to or be a member of any organization.
人们不该被迫归属或加入任何组织
Yes I strongly support righttowork legislation.
是的,我强烈支持《工作权利法》
That's what an answer sounds like.
这才像个回答的样子
Can I talk to you a sec? Yeah.
我能和你谈谈吗,好,
Just the fact that they're debating
仅仅因为他们还在辩论
whether or not to raise the debt ceiling... I'm trying.
是否提高债务上限...我在争取
I need to find a Casey Anthony guest no one else has
我得找一个凯西·安东尼案的独家嘉宾
and hopefully I won't be able to do it.
但愿别让我找到
I'll be rooting against you. Good.
祝你霉运,谢谢,
You doing all right over there? With him?
你和那边聊得还行吧,和他吗,
Yeah. Yeah.
是啊,还行吧,
'Cause you give me the signal and I can just get in there
只要你给个暗示,我就立马过去,
and you know. What?
然后,你懂的,懂什么,
I don't know. Okay.
我也不知道,好吧,
Debt ceiling. Yeah.
债务上限,记住了,
Just hang in there one more day.
再多坚持一天
It's not one more day. It's another month.
多的不是一天,而是整整一个月
The mock debate's tomorrow.
模拟辩论就在明天
And once that's over
可是,过了之后
we need the numbers to protect you from Leona.
我们还需要收视率,以防莉安娜炒了你
Not if Charlie's guy can do it for us.
有查理那人帮我们呢
And if he doesn't turn out to be credible?
万一他不可靠呢
Then... I don't know. Let's take it one day at a time.
那...管他呢,先过了今天再说
And get a guest that's promotable.
还有,找个有看点的嘉宾
What are the flowers?
花是怎么回事
Nothing.
没什么
Who are they from? I don't know.
谁送的,我不知道,
They didn't come with a card?
没附带卡片吗
They did. The card wasn't signed?
附了,卡片上没署名吗,
It was. Was it another threat?
署了,又是恐吓信吗,
No. What am I missing?
不是,那我就不懂了,
Do you really want this on your plate right now?
你现在真的要管这些事吗
The flowers aren't for me they aren't from me
花不是给我的,也不是我送的
they're just living in my office for a little while.
只是在我的办公室暂存一下
Can you be satisfied with that?
这个解释你满意了吗
Are they for me? Let's go.
是送给我的吗,走吧,
Speaker Gingrich. Yes?
金里奇议长,在
As a candidate for the Republican nomination for president
作为共和党提名的总统候选人
you signed a fidelity pledge promising to be faithful to your wife.
您签署了一份誓言,将忠于你的妻子
Now hold it right there.
请你打住
Didn't you also make that same pledge at your three marriage ceremonies?
您不已经在三次婚礼中,许下了同样的誓言吗(金里奇在第二次婚姻尚未结束时便与第三任妻子出轨)
I find it absolutely disgusting that the liberal media...
我很厌恶自由派媒体,这么...
Fine. No that would be his answer.
够了,不,那是候选人的回答,
I know. Are these guys gonna be ready for tomorrow?
我知道,你们准备好明天的辩论了吗
Absolutely.
绝对的
We blow the mock debate
若模拟辩论搞砸
we've been doing Casey Anthony and Anthony Weiner for nothing.
那我们对凯西和韦纳的报道,就都白费了
They understand.
他们明白
The debate is the only reason we're scared of the numbers.
这场辩论是我们担心收视率的唯一原因
Right. The only reason.
没错,唯一原因,
Right.
没错
We need a Casey Anthony guest no one else has.
我们要找个凯西·安东尼案的独家嘉宾
Let me start here.
我先问大家
By any chance does anyone know anyone who knows anyone
你们中有谁认识谁认识谁
who knows Casey Anthony?
认识凯西·安东尼的
Who?
My roommate Lisa went to high school with her.
我室友利萨和她是高中同学
Are you kidding me? No.
你没开玩笑吧,没有,
Why didn't you...get her on the show.
你怎么不...找她上节目
She's already been approached by everyone including the agent.
很多人都找过她了,包括那个经纪人
Dylan Kagin. She doesn't want to talk.
迪伦·卡金,她不想上节目,
Convince her. She really doesn't want to talk.
说服她,她真的不愿意,
Be a producer. Do you want me to talk to her?
拿出制片人的样子来,你想让我去找她吗
No I can do it.
不用,我能行
When you've got her booked let me know so they can start the promos.
约到她就通知我,以便开始前期宣传
Do whatever you have to do.
要不择手段
Okay.
好了
I like it. I do. But does it say Tonys?
我真的很喜欢,但它跟托尼奖相配吗
Well it's the Tonys.
这可是托尼奖
You're gonna be the youngest person there by about 50 years.
你比所有到场者平均年轻50岁
You know what I mean right?
你懂我的意思吧
I think it looks spectacular on you.
我觉得你穿上美极了
It's so hard. I'm just not sure it's for the Tonys.
太纠结了,我不确定它配不配托尼奖
What about Galliano?
加利亚诺怎么样
We um we stopped carrying Galliano
我们自从他...
after he you know came out in support of the Holocaust.
支持犹太大屠杀后,就不卖他家衣服了
I mean I don't agree with him
我当然不赞同他
but that's no reason to condemn him for life.
但也没必要判他死刑吧(指的是服装品牌停售)
If only the Germans had had the same attitude.
要是德国人当年也这么宽容就好了
I told you on the phone...
我电话里跟你说过了...
I know that's why we came in person. We?
我明白,所以我们才亲自来,我们,
I'm just here in charge of morale. I'm with a customer.
我只是来助阵的,我有客户
We're not in a hurry. We're actually in a huge hurry.
我们不急,其实非常急,
And I'm actually at my job where I work on commission.
我的工作是佣金制的
And I'm with a customer so I'll be done when she's done.
所以要等客户挑完了,我才有空
Is that her? You mean the only person in the store?
是她吗,店里还有别人吗,
Yeah. Yeah.
哦,是她,
Miss I'm just a random heterosexual guy from off the street
小姐,我就是一路过的直男
and I think that dress looks great on you.
我觉得,你穿这裙子美极了
Don't even look at anything else.
不要再挑了
Buy that dress and wear it out of the store.
买下来吧,就这样穿出去
He's just a... Don't worry.
他只是...无视他吧
It would have meant more if you'd said you were gay.
你还不如说自己是同性恋
Why is that?
为什么
I think I'm gonna try on the Di Santo.
我想试试那件蒂桑托(Ines Di Santo:着名加拿大婚纱时装品牌)
Sure. Can I get you another glass of wine?
当然,我再给您来杯葡萄酒
Ooh I'd love that. Thank you.
太好了,谢谢
They're counting on me. You'd be a big exclusive.
大家都指望我了,你是大独家
It's what's called a get. It's promotable.
这叫做亮点,可以大肆宣传
And we need things that are promotable
我们现在恰恰需要亮点
so we can get daytime viewers to stay with us for the story.
来吸引日间观众继续看节目
Not for nothing but you've never used any of those words before.
不是我说你,你从来没用过这些词
Well sure I have. But not in that order.
我当然用过,只是说的顺序不同而已
Guys it makes me sick.
这简直令人发指
It's an unspeakable horror that's happened.
发生在她身上的事,是惨剧
It's not a television show and I'm not joining the cast.
不是连续剧,我也不想掺和进去
And by the way a week ago you guys would have said the same exact thing.
况且,一周前,你俩也会这么说的
A week ago we weren't fu... This is bananas!
一周前,我们没完蛋...美爆了
Well the bodice hugs your body perfectly.
腰部剪裁完美贴合您的曲线
Look how it shows off your legs. See that?
看,还能秀出您的腿
I do. You just got two inches taller.
的确,还更显高挑了,
Okay but the big question... Does it say Tonys?
但重点还是...配不配托尼奖
Miss. Oh God.
小姐,天啊,
That dress screams Tonys.
这件礼服散发着托尼奖的气息
You're gonna win in that dress.
你穿着它,一定能获奖
Oh God no. I'm not a nominee.
不不,我没有被提名
That's how good the dress is.
穿上它,就能获得提名
You wear that dress and they'll just start throwing Tony Awards at your head.
穿上它,托尼奖杯就会不断向你砸来
You I promise will have skull contusions
我保证,你穿上它去参加典礼
if you wear that dress to the Tonys.
一定会被砸得脑浆四溢
I'd be terrible at this job.
我干这行肯定要完蛋
Yeah I have a McQueen that you may love.
我还有一条麦昆,你可能会喜欢
And you know what? If you take it right now it's on the house.
这样吧,如果你现在要了,店家白送
I'm afraid it's not. Well then it's on me.
我可不白送,我来出钱,
It's $11000. For a dress?!
1万1千块,就一条裙子,
Once again I work on commission.
再说一遍,我是佣金制
That's three times what I paid for my car.
够我买三辆车了
Let me know if you need any help in there. Thank you.
需要我就叫我,谢谢,
A week ago we weren't screwed.
一周前我们没有完蛋
I knew her that's it. We cut third period together.
我曾经认识她而已,我们一起逃过课
Will's gonna treat you very gently.
威尔会对你很温柔的
Well guess what did she kill children during Spanish?
他会问什么,她在西语课上杀过孩子吗
You can provide insight No I can't.
你能帮我们了解她,我不能,
No I can't. I can't provide insight.
我不能帮你们了解她
I have no earthly idea how she
我完全没有任何头绪
how this could have happened.
为什么会发生这种事
I can't provide insight and
我不能帮你们了解她
I can't stand the people who think they can.
更鄙视那些自认为了解她的人
Lisa I need a little help with these buttons.
利萨,能帮我扣扣子吗
Sure.
来了
You know what these pants cost me?
你猜这条裤子值多少钱
$30. That's right.
30块,没错,
And they look just as good as the ones that cost $40.
样式丝毫不比40块的差
You think they're kissing in there?
你觉得她们是在里面接吻吗
Do you think they're kissing in there?
你觉得她们在接吻吗
If I was a woman I'd spend the whole day kissing other women.
我若是女人,肯定整天都在吻其他女人
I don't understand gay men or straight women.
我理解不了男同和直女
You know you're talking out loud right?
你知道自己说出声了吧
Take a look. I think it's whimsical and romantic but it's still chic.
照镜子看看,大胆浪漫,又不乏时髦
I love it. Look how it defines your waist.
我非常喜欢,看它将腰线衬托得多美,
I love it! We have a winner.
太爱它了,就这么定了,
Can we accessorize? No I'm sorry miss.
来找些配饰吧,不行,抱歉,小姐,
We need to speak to Lisa for just one minute.
我们需要和利萨谈一谈
You can browse in the accessories section
你可以先去配饰区挑选
and we'll give her right back to you.
稍后她就来
This isn't her fault it's ours.
这不是她的错,是我们的
Please patronize this store. What?
请多光顾本店,什么,
Take a look at the jade earrings and I'll be right with you.
去看看翡翠耳环吧,我马上就来
Okay.
好吧
Am I not making myself clear?
你听不懂我的话吗
Lisa look at me.
利萨,听我说
You know that there is no way we'd be asking you
你知道,若非事关紧要
to do something like this if it wasn't important.
我们绝不会这样贸然找你
We got ambushed by the trial at the worst possible time.
我们在关键时刻,被这案子拖了后腿
There's a new debate format we want to show to reps from the RNC tomorrow.
明天我们要向RNC代表,展示新的辩论形式( RNC (Republican National Committee):共和党全国委员会)
And if we can't keep the ratings going up it's not gonna matter.
倘若收视率上不去,一切都白费了
We've been working on this for months and it's important.
我们为此努力了一个月,兹事体大
And it's a good thing for everybody.
而且是利国利民的大好事
We can debate whether the ends justify the means...
我们可以辩论,能否不择手段...
Will and Mackenzie are counting on you?
威尔和麦肯兹都指望着你吗
I don't have anything to say.
可我不知道说什么
You won't be asked anything you don't know the answer to.
你不知道的,我们不会问
Okay what do I do?
好吧,我要做什么
Come to the newsroom at 7:00 tonight.
今晚7点到演播室来
Oh thanks. I owe you one.
谢谢,这次算我欠你的
I owe you more than one.
我欠你更多
Let's go.
走了
Um I don't know if it was clear from my emails and phone calls
不知道我在邮件和电话里说明白了没
but I've been wooing you.
我一直在追求你
Still trying to get that second first date.
依然想实现我们的"初次约会"
And yet I can tell from the way you're staring at me
但是,从你瞪我的眼神,我看出来
right now that this isn't the best moment.
现在不是说这事的时候
You see that? I was able to tell without your saying anything.
瞧,我能透过你的眼睛读懂你的心
Our minds are in sync.
我们心有灵犀
But there's not an ounce of quit in me
不过我不会轻易放手的
so I'll woo you when... What the hell are you doing?
我会等你有空...你在搞什么飞机,
All right then. 7:00 it's a date.
那就定在7点,不见不散
Not really.
算了
I'm not crazy.
我不是神经病
Thank you.
谢了
Yeah? You wanted to see me?
进来,你找我,
It's 100 degrees outside. You're wearing a jacket?
外面有100度(38℃)你穿外套干嘛
Because it's Ice Station Zebra in my office.
因为我的办公室正在上演《大北极》
If you have any fresh fish you need to store.
你要是有新鲜活鱼要冷冻...
Those are yours.
那些是给你的
They were delivered for you this morning.
今早送来给你的
Jim signed for them and looked at the card
吉姆签收后,读了卡片
which you can see isn't in an envelope.
卡片没装在信封里
Jim signed for them?
吉姆签收的
He said Maggie didn't see. She wasn't around.
他说玛姬没看到,当时她不在
Maggie and I have broken up a lot in the last year and a half.
我和玛姬一年半以来分分合合
I've...
我...
I've gotten that sense.
我察觉到了
When we break up... You go out with other women.
我们分手后...你开始约会其他女人
Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
这有什么不对吗
I'm not judging you. Then we get back together.
我又没批判你,后来我们和好了,
Do you tell the other women that you've gotten back together with your girlfriend?
你告诉那些女人,你和女友重归于好了吗
We're talking about people that I've been on one or two dates with.
这些人我只约会过一两次而已
Does Maggie know that you've been out with other women?
玛姬知道你和其他女人的事吗
No.
不知道
Does Gina know that you're with Maggie?
姬娜知道你跟玛姬和好了吗
Jenna.
是洁娜
Jenna. These are from her name is Jenna.
洁娜,送花的...她叫洁娜
You remember when I didn't care at all
你记得吗,我以前从不过问
about the lives of the people who worked here?
工作伙伴的私生活
Yeah. Those were the days.
记得,那是旧事了,
Time to go. Yeah.
该走了,来了,
Uh I can't walk through the newsroom with these.
我拿着这些出去不太好吧
I'll take care of it. Thanks.
我会处理的,谢了,
Hey Don. Yeah?
唐,怎么,
I'm doing the right thing right?
我这么做是对的,对吗
To do a little wrong to do a big right.
为小恶,成大善
Get the debate.
拿下辩论会
Was that Shakespeare? Almost.
莎士比亚吗,差不多(出自《威尼斯商人》原句为To do a great right do a little wrong.)
Okay. And I'm doing the right thing?
好吧,我这么做,对吗,
No. You're either lying to Maggie or you're lying to Gina.
不对,你要么在骗玛姬,要么在骗姬娜
Jenna. And I just backed you up with almost Shakespeare.
洁娜,亏我引用莎士比亚来挺你
You couldn't throw me a bone?
你就不能礼尚往来吗
I've got to go.
我得走了
That was a cliche. I know.
太老套了,我知道,
But if you stand in the rain without a jacket you're gonna get a cold.
正如你赤身站在雨中,就会感冒一样
And if you have a physically abusive father
如果你父亲有虐待倾向
who abandons you and your family
并抛弃了你,抛弃了家庭
you're gonna be 1000 times more sensitive to betrayal
你对背叛的敏感度,就会比
than the average person who's already extremely sensitive to betrayal.
对背叛极敏感的正常人,还高出一千倍
I miss encyclopedias.
真怀念百科全书
I always wanted to have a full set of encyclopedias.
我一直想要一套百科全书
You know you pull down S off the shelf
从书架上取出"S"那一本
flip to a page you read about I don't know
翻到其中一页,便能读到
Salic law and why a woman can't inherit the French throne.
萨利克继承法,解释为何法国没有女王
You can Google it. That's my point.
谷歌也查得到,我正想说这个,
You have to know what you're looking for.
你得清楚,自己想查什么
You can't browse for anything anymore.
网上没法随意浏览
Anyway last night I was looking up signal intelligence intercepts
然后昨晚我上网查,拦截信号情报
and whether they leave a fiberoptic footprint.
是否会留下光纤足迹
Is it important that I know what that meant?
我需要明白这些是什么吗
No. We've got a whistleblower who's giving us a big story
不用,有人向我们揭发惊天内幕
and we have to vet him.
所以我们得核实
But what happened was I was reading about fiberoptic footprints
但问题是,在我研究光纤足迹时
and a couple of clicks later
随手点了几个链接
I was on a relationship advice website called Help Me Rhonda.
进了一个叫"朗达帮帮忙"的情感救助网站
A woman wrote to Rhonda saying that her husband was cheating on her
一个女人给朗达留言,说她的丈夫背叛了她
and Rhonda suggested that the woman had to examine
朗达却认为,这女人应该审视
what her role was in the cheating.
自己在背叛事件中的角色
It made me crazy.
看得我抓狂
Do you think it could possibly have been the woman's fault?
这怎么可能是那女人的错
Are we saying that now?
现在流行这么说吗
What I don't believe is that a couple clicks
我不相信,随手点了几下
took you from fiberoptic footprints to Help Me Rhonda.
就从光纤足迹到了"朗达帮帮忙"
If you went to a relationship advice website just say so.
如果你上过情感咨询网站,直说就行
It was the middle of the night. There was nothing else to read.
大半夜的,没有别的网站可看
Except the entire rest of the Internet.
网上能看的,多了去了
Do you and Rhonda honestly believe
你和朗达真的相信
that I share some of the blame or even a small part of
有一部分,很小一部分
the blame for Mackenzie cheating with Brian?
麦肯兹和布莱恩偷情的责任在我吗
Do you? No.
你觉得呢,不在我,
Fine.
好吧
'Cause that's about the dumbest thing I've ever read.
那是我见过的最蠢的评论,
And I'll tell you what else I don't even think Rhonda's her real name.
而且,我觉得朗达不是她的真名
Yeah look. Maybe it is.
听着,可能是真名,
I don't know. But she's a moron.
我不知道,但她是个白痴
You weren't part of the equation.
整件事都与你无关
Ruined a perfectly good Beach Boys song.
毁了多好一首海滩男孩的歌
Wait what do you mean?
等等,你什么意思
I can't really assess someone I haven't met.
我不能评估没见过的人
Then why did you say it?
那你为什么那么说
Because I can assess someone I haven't met.
因为我可以评估没见过的人
My father left me volumes on the two of you.
我父亲留给我,两大本关于你俩的记录
I had to get an extra filing cabinet.
我又买了档案柜才装下
How was I not part of the equation?
整件事怎么能与我无关
Mackenzie got dumped by Brian. She got rejected.
麦肯兹被布莱恩甩了,她被拒了
People react to that in different ways.
不同人的应对方法不同
When Brian started calling her again
布莱恩再找她的时候
she saw the chance to get unrejected and she took it.
她看到挽回拒绝的希望,就接受了
You weren't even part of the equation.
你根本不在考虑范围内
But once she got unrejected she realized
但是挽回拒绝之后,她发现
that she wasn't in love with Brian in the first place
她原本就不爱布莱恩
that she was in love with you and she confessed the whole thing.
而爱的是你,于是便向你坦白了
Not right away. Who cares about not right away?
不是立刻坦白的,谁在乎是不是立刻,
When she thought you were going to propose to her...
当她以为,你要向她求婚时...
Do you remember when I came in here yesterday without an appointment
还记得昨天,我没有预约就来找你
and interrupted your session with another patient?
打断了你另一位病人的咨询吗
I do remember that. It was yesterday.
我记得,才过了一天
And you said that the trick was to forgive Mackenzie.
你说解决方法是原谅麦肯兹
Yeah. I actually know that.
是,我其实知道,
Intellectually in my brain I know Mackenzie deserves to be forgiven.
我脑子里心里都知道,我理应原谅麦肯兹
I understood everything you said.
我明白你说的每句话
I understand she's taken every punishment I've given her
我明白,她承受了我对她一次次的惩罚
including having Brian hang around the office and write his story.
包括让布莱恩在编辑室乱转,写报道
I understand she's completely devoted to the show.
我明白,她全心全意为这节目
I understand mistakes. I understand time has passed.
我明白人都会犯错,明白已经过去很久
I understand all of that. So why can't I forgive her?
我都明白,为什么我还是不能原谅她
Because you weren't rejected.
因为你遭受的,不是拒绝
You were betrayed.
而是背叛
How's it going Sampat?
怎么样了,桑帕特
Well the problem with people who post on EconomyBrain
对付经济头脑网的评论员,有点难度
is they're not easily distracted.
很难转移他们的话题
Damn those economists and their adult attention spans.
可恶,经济学家的注意力那么集中干什么
They're not making it easy for me.
对付他们真不容易
But a popular discussion at the moment
但当下的讨论热点是
is a recent article projecting US credit rating fallout
有一篇文章预测,债务上限谈判僵局
as a result of the debt ceiling standoff.
将导致美国信用评级下降
Yes I heard that on the news. No wait I didn't.
是,我听新闻说了,等等,没有
I heard about Casey Anthony instead.
我听到的是凯西·安东尼案件
Well that's where I jumped in.
这时我就跳出来了
I said if I can balance my checkbook
我说,连我都懂得清算个人收支
why can't the government balance its budget?
政府怎么就平衡不了预算呢
Mary Mother of God am I sick of that insane analogy.
圣母玛利亚,我受够了你这没谱的比喻
Balancing your checkbook is to balancing the budget
清算个人收支,相比平衡政府预算
as driving to the supermarket is to landing on the moon!
就像开车去超市,相比火箭登月
See?
I got you a little upset. Yes.
我惹你生气了,是
So once they were hooked on telling me how stupid I am
一旦他们上钩,批评我有多蠢
I steered things in your direction. How?
我就把话题往你那儿带,怎么带,
You really want to know? No.
你真想知道,不想,
Good. Tell me anyway.
很好,还是告诉我吧,
I said the media and government are in a conspiracy cahoots...
我说媒体与政府勾结...
Conspiracy cahoots? I have to sound authentically moronic.
勾结,我得装得像白痴,
How are the media and the government in a conspiracy cahoots?
媒体与政府怎么勾结了
By shoving your breasts in our face.
它们勾结,把你的胸,挤到大家眼前
Many angry posters came to your defense. Good.
很多义愤填膺网友替你辩护,好,
So I created a second user account. Of course.
于是我注册了一个小号,当然了
And asserted it wasn't your breasts that were so compelling
说引人注意的不是你的胸
it was your blatantly slutty body movements.
而是你殷勤风骚的肢体动作
What evidence do you use...
你用的什么证据...
I posted a link on your Wikipedia page detailing your rise
我引用了你维基页面上的链接,详述你
from smalltown stripper to bigtime financial news reporter.
从小镇脱衣舞女到明星财经播报员的经历
My Wikipedia page doesn't say that.
我的维基页面没那条
Check again.
刷新一下
You're going to see an emotional response
你将看到我脸上的情感反应
on my face and a physical response directed at yours.
以及针对你的脸的肢体反应
It worked.
挺奏效
After two hours I had economic PhDs posting in all caps.
两小时后,一群经济学博士都用大写回复
And then the site administrator froze the thread.
然后网管就冻结了网页
All right. And this is enough to get you accepted
好吧,这足以让你进入
into the fraternity of the pitiful? Almost.
可怜人兄弟会了吧,差不多,
There's a sort of pledge process for the fraternity of the pitiful.
还差一个宣誓流程,就能加入可怜人兄弟会
And this will get me to level one.
这能让我打到第一级
Once I do that I can get to level two
那之后,我就能达到第二级
and swim with the professional trolls.
然后混进专业钓饵者之中了
You're gonna be a good reporter.
你会成为优秀记者的
And I like that someone is working on news stories.
很高兴,总算还有人关心新闻
Well for what it's worth
其实
I could really get behind a government that was in a cahoots conspiracy
我还真希望政府在密谋
to shove your breasts in our face.
把你的胸,挤到大家眼前
Reedit my Wikipedia page!
把我的维基页面改回去
Soon.
我会照办
He's on his way.
他马上就到
All right what do you know so far?
你目前知道些什么
You got Lisa for tonight.
利萨今晚会上节目
They've already started promoing it.
已经开始做预告宣传了
What do you have on the NSA source?
国安局的线人,查到些什么
He's not rock solid.
这人不靠谱
Shit.
该死
He didn't do well on his latest psych assessment.
他最近的一次精神鉴定,结果不佳
Oh Christ. They lowered his security clearance.
上帝啊,他被降低了的安全级别,
He also violated a restraining order.
他还违反了限制令(限制令:被限制人不得接近或联系另一方当事人)
An exwife? Yeah.
前妻,对,
And he was arrested for solicitation in 1979.
1979年他还因教唆罪被捕
If you had this guy on a witness stand...
你要是把他放在证人席上
I wouldn't put him on a witness stand.
我不会把他放在证人席上
Wait a minute. He didn't score well on his psych exam
等等,他在心理测评中表现不佳而已
but they didn't fire him.
又没被开除
They just lowered his security clearance.
只是被降低了安全级别
Yes he's stalking his exwife and
他是跟踪了前妻
yes he tried to pick up a hooker
他的确还试图招妓
but that doesn't mean he's lying about the NSA.
但并不表示他揭发国安局,是在撒谎
All we have are the transcripts of his testimony
我们手上只有他的证词
and his testimony doesn't mean anything to me yet.
他的证词对我来说尚不可信
Keep working.
继续调查
Excuse me. Which one of us?
打扰一下,找哪位,
Both.
都找
I'm gonna speak in code. Why?
我要用暗语交流,为什么,
Because neither of you can suggest to a guest what they should say on the air.
因为你们两位都不能干涉嘉宾的现场发言
Okay. I understand. You do?
我明白,你明白吗,
We've got Lisa. We've promo'd her.
我们请来了利萨,也做了宣传
She's done her job. She still has to show up.
她的任务算完成了,她还是要出镜,
But you don't care what she says once she does.
但你们并不在意她开口说什么
I don't.
我不在意
So do me a favor. This is for me.
所以,你为我办一件事
Get some statistics on the number of missing children cases this year?
查一下今年儿童失踪案件的统计数据
Yes please. And leave them for me in the hair and makeup room.
对,然后送到化妆间去"给我"
You understood that?
你懂了吗
Yeah I cracked your code.
我懂,我破解了你们的暗语
Jim tell her
吉姆,跟她说
she needs a little blush to accentuate those gorgeous cheekbones.
加点腮红可以突显她美丽的颊骨
She refuses to listen.
她不听我的
I'm not auditioning for "Dancing With the Stars."
我又不是参加《星随舞动》
My cheekbones are fine.
我颊骨就这样挺好
She's fine.
是挺好
Could you give us the room a second?
您能出去一会儿吗
We're in a Vulcan mind meld again.
我们又心有灵犀了一次
I can tell this is a bad time to ask...
我看得出来,现在不方便问...
Maggie's my best friend.
玛姬是我最好的朋友
She's actually my only friend I think.
其实我就她一个朋友
And I'd chop off my ears before I'd hurt her.
我宁愿自割双耳,也不会伤害她
You're basing this all on the premise that...
你之所以这么说是因为...
Don's a good guy who's not in love with her.
唐人很好,但他不爱她
She knows it.
她也知道
You're on deck pal.
伙计,你有戏了
I've been on deck for a year. I'm nobody's second choice.
我有戏都一年了,我可不是谁的备胎
Neither am I.
我也不是
Well I... I wasn't implying...
其实,我不是这意思...
How are you doing? Fine.
准备得如何了,不错,
Listen why don't you take a look at this?
你看看这个吧
You can take that out there with you if you want.
需要的话,可以带进演播室
Keep it right on the desk.
放在桌上
Will and Mackenzie won't mind?
威尔跟麦肯兹没意见吧
I'll see you after.
稍后见
I was gonna say... I want to learn this.
我其实想说...我现在要记东西
Please. Yeah.
好吧
Thank you.
谢谢
You don't have to say anything you don't mean.
你不想说的,可以不说
Okay.
好的
I'm joined now by Lisa Lambert
我身边的是利萨·郎博特
a friend of Casey Anthony's from high school.
凯西·安东尼的高中好友
Good evening Lisa. Good evening.
晚上好,利萨,晚上好,
Did you know Casey well? I didn't.
你很了解凯西吗,不了解,
And neither did any of the other people showing up on TV claiming they did.
电视上那些自称了解她的人,也一样
But you took classes with her?
但你跟她一起上过课,是吗
Yes. Did she ever lose her temper?
是,她发过脾气吗,
Yeah and when she did we all said
发过,她每次发脾气,大家就会说
"Oh my God she's gonna kill her baby one day."
"上帝啊,总有一天她会杀了自己的孩子"
Fair enough. Let me ask you...
好吧,我想问
There were 80 million children reported missing last year.
去年有8000万儿童失踪
Actually I think you mean 800000.
我猜,你是想说80万
Yes.
80 million would be way too many.
8000万太夸张,
And I understand. But this one involves a murder.
我明白,但本案牵涉到谋杀案
Olivia Garcia
奥利维亚·加西亚
was one year old when she mysteriously died at her babysitter's house.
离奇死于保姆家时仅一岁
But Olivia Garcia had brown skin
但由于奥利维亚·加西亚是棕色人种
so we're not that interested.
所以大家都不关心
Same with Triumph Skinner
黛安芬·斯金纳也是一样
a sevenmonthold africanAmerican
一个七个月大的黑人婴儿
who was rushed to the hospital with a crushed skull.
因头颅破裂,而被紧急送至医院
For some reason he's not keeping Nancy Grace up at night.
不知为何,他没能得到南茜·格蕾丝的关注
Where are you getting these facts?
你从哪得知这些
Google.
谷歌
Jariel Alexander died
洁莉尔·亚历山大的死因是
after being knocked unconscious by his mother's boyfriend
他妈妈的男友将他毒打至晕
then scalded with boiling water
又惨遭开水浇淋
after soiling his pants at dinner.
只因为晚饭时尿了裤子
But Jariel's mother isn't pretty
但洁莉尔妈妈并不漂亮
so what do we care?
于是我们也不关心
I think you're making a very good point.
你的观点很独到
Then I'd like to make one more.
我还想再说一点
What if Casey Anthony had wanted an abortion?
要是凯西·安东尼曾想过堕胎呢
She didn't want an abortion! Don't.
她没想过堕胎,打住,
She told you that?
她告诉你的吗
No I haven't spoken to her in years. I'm just asking.
不是,我们多年没联系了,我只是这么问
Is this you? No.
这是你写的吗,不是,
Do the people who care so deeply
有些人深切关心
about the life of a microscopic piece of biology
没有能力去感受
with no ability to experience physical or emotional suffering
肉体或精神痛苦的微小生物体
care at all about a twoyearold who was born to a mother
与此同时,他们可曾关心过
who didn't want the child and was unable to care for her?
年仅两岁,生母却不爱不怜的孩子
Help her out of this.
帮她圆场
Lisa I just want to be clear for the viewers
利萨,我想在此明确一下
that you're not saying Casey's only two options
你不会是想说,凯西只能选择堕胎
were abortion or murdering a toddler.
或者亲手杀掉自己的孩子吧
I'm saying that there's an undiscussed and unappreciated cruelty
我只是说,逼迫一位不想生子
in forcing a child to be born to a mother
且无力抚养孩子的母亲生下孩子
who doesn't want the child
是非常不负责任
and isn't capable of raising the child.
也是非常残忍的
Okay let's get back to what Casey was like in high school.
好了,请谈谈凯西在高中时是怎样的人
Where's a power outage when you really need one?
这时怎么就不停电呢
What's wrong?
出什么事了
You all right? Yeah.
你没事吧,没事,
How'd they know where you were?
他们怎么知道你在这儿
Her Facebook page.
Facebook页面
Shut the page down. I'll take care of it.
赶快关闭页面,我会搞定的,
Is she all right? Where's Lonny?
她还好吗,朗尼在哪,
You shouldn't be out alone.
你不该一个人出来的
You all right? Yeah.
你们没事吧,没事,
Are you mad I didn't tell you I was gonna do that?
你气我没打招呼就在节目上那么说吗
No.
不生气
I know you're prolife.
我知道你是反对堕胎的
I'm not pro throwing a brick through a window.
我也反对往人家窗户上砸砖头啊
There are gonna be local news trucks here any second.
本地新闻媒体估计马上就会赶到
Get her out of here. You too.
让她快走,你也是,
Is that your boss? The owner of the shop?
那是你老板,店主吗
I'm gonna talk to her.
我去跟她谈谈
This should have been me and not you.
这一切本该由我来承担
Come on. Let's go.
我们走
Teddy is there something different about these pants?
泰迪,这裤子是不是有点怪
Different from what?
怎么个怪法
Every time I wear that suit I mean every time
每当我穿这套西装时,真是每一次
I put both my legs into one side of the pants.
我都会把两条腿伸进同一条裤腿里
One side of the pants?
同一条裤腿
I stand up I put one leg into one side
我站起来,一只脚伸进裤腿里
and then I take my other leg
然后我提起另一条腿
and I'm certainly aiming for the other side of the pants
仔细瞄准另一条裤腿
but I get stuck.
但每次都穿错
And I'm asking if there's something
我想问个明白
not so much wrong but different about those pants.
不是大问题,但它是不是有点怪
You can't put your pants on
你自己裤子穿不好
and you think there's something wrong with the pants?
居然好意思说是裤子的问题
All right get out.
你赢了,出去
Adam Roth is here. Yes.
亚当·罗斯来了,太好了,
Adam! Rock star.
亚当,大明星,
How you doing man? I'm good.
最近怎么样啊,我很好,
How's Emily? The whole family's great.
艾米丽可好,全家人都很好,
David got into Stanford so thanks for the recommendation.
大卫被斯坦福录取了,多谢你的推荐信
I wrote him a pretty bad recommendation.
我在推荐信里说了不少他的坏话
I'm surprised they took him.
斯坦福居然还愿意收他
They must not care that much about what you think.
看来斯坦福根本不把你当一回事
This is my partner at the RNC.
这是我在共和党委员会的同事
Tate Brady. Nice to meet you.
塔特·布雷迪,幸会,
How do you do? Excellent.
你好吗,好得很,
Charlie Skinner Mackenzie McHale
查理·斯金纳,麦肯兹·麦克黑尔
this is Adam Roth.
这位是亚当·罗斯
Will talks about you
威尔常提起你
like you were bunkmates at summer camp.
就像你们是夏令营上下铺的兄弟一样
Well we were but the summer camp was the White House
确实是,不过夏令营指的是白宫
and there was no bunk or sleep of any kind.
那儿也没有什么上下铺,更别提睡觉了
I was Bush 41's body man right out of college
我大学毕业就做了老布什的个人助理
and Will was writing greeting cards or something in the communications office.
威尔在白宫通讯处,负责写贺卡
I wrote serious policy speeches.
我写的是正经的政治演说
For the Muncie Chamber of Commerce.
给曼西商会写的,曼西为印地安那州一城市
They were good speeches.
演说稿是真的不错
And the president adopted Will as the fourth son he never had.
总统还认了威尔当他的第四个儿子
The president knew my name and that's thanks to Adam.
总统知道我的名字而已,这还是多亏了亚当
I'm sorry. This is his partner Greg Brady.
抱歉,这位是他的搭档,格雷格·布雷迪
Tate. I'm sorry Tate.
塔特,抱歉,是塔特,
Everybody sit down. Anybody need coffee or anything?
大家都坐下吧,要喝点咖啡吗
I'm okay. I'm good.
不用了,不用,
So we're glad to see your numbers rebounded from last week.
很高兴看到你的收视率回升了
We hadn't been covering Casey Anthony
我们之前没报道凯西·安东尼案
and half our audience went to HLN.
所以一半的观众跑去看HLN台了
But we started covering it and things stabilized.
开始报道凯西案后,收视就回升了
Well good because we were about ready
那就好,我们差点打算
to offer a debate to Nancy Grace.
把辩论交给南茜·格蕾丝
So the rules of the debate are pretty simple.
电视辩论的规则非常简单
There is some room for you to make a few choices but not much.
某些方面你可以自由选择,但余地不大
Everybody gets an opening statement.
每人都有一段开场陈述
Everybody gets at least two questions
每人至少要回答两个问题
with 60 seconds to answer
有60秒时间作答
and it's up to you whether you want to offer someone a rebuttal.
由你决定,是否允许辩友反驳
We had something different in mind.
我们另有想法
What'd you have in mind?
什么想法
Adam how many hours did you and I spend
亚当,你还记得我们曾多少次
talking about how flawed the debates were?
讨论说,辩论制度有多差劲
Especially the primary debates?
尤其是初选辩论
A lot of hours.
很多次
Well now you and I are in a position to do something about that.
现在你我有机会,改善这一制度了
Follow me.
跟我来
The questions have to be tougher.
问题必须更尖锐
They have to be able to square their campaign rhetoric with facts.
他们的竞选口号,必须有事实为证
They have to be stopped when they're not answering the question.
不正面回答问题的,就要立即打断
And they have to be called out when their answers contradict the facts.
回答与事实不符的,就要坚决指出
Guys get in place.
各就各位
Our job is to find the two candidates
我们的职责是找出
who'll give the voters the best competing arguments
能给予选民最佳论点的两位候选人
and I don't believe we're seeing that.
但目前的体制,做不到这点
We have to put the candidates on a witness stand.
我们必须把候选人摆上证人席
Would you have them swear an oath?
是不是还得让他们宣誓
Just let 'em do it.
让他们演示一遍吧
If baseball players testifying about steroids
棒球运动员在众议院小组面前
in front of a House Subcommittee are subject to perjury
作证兴奋剂事件时,说假话会被判伪证罪
I don't know why presidential candidates aren't.
总统候选人更改如此
But I'm not reaching for the stars
我不想要上天摘星
I'm reaching just an inch higher.
只想做一点小改变
Welcome to Princeton University in Princeton New Jersey
欢迎到新泽西州的普林斯顿大学
for the fifth debate in the 2012 Republican primary race
参加2012年共和党初选的第五轮辩论
cosponsored by Atlantis Cable News
本次辩论由亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻
and the Republican Party of New Jersey.
与新泽西州共和党联合举办
At which point we'll explain the rules
这个时候,我们将解释规则
which is there are no rules.
也就是没有规则
I question a candidate until I'm done.
我向候选人提问,直到我满意为止
They can each make an opening statement.
他们每人都有开场陈述
Beginning with you Congresswoman Bachmann.
从你开始,巴赫曼议员
Hi my name is Michele Bachmann.
我的名字是米歇尔·巴赫曼
I'm a former federal tax litigation attorney
我曾是联邦税收诉讼律师
the owner of a successful company and also a member...
掌管一家成功的企业,同时也是
Hang on. Is that supposed to be a Michele Bachmann impersonation?
等等,他是在模仿米歇尔·巴赫曼吗
No nobody's doing impressions. This isn't an "SNL" sketch.
没有模仿的成分,这又不是《周六夜现场》的表演
These people have spent two months studying stump speeches
他们花了两个月的时间,研究政治演说
interviews ontherecord statements
访谈,公开声明
previous debate performances
以及过往的辩论资料
in order to come as close as possible to answering
希望尽可能地按照
our questions the way the candidates would.
候选人的思维模式来回答问题
After the opening statements we'd move to questioning.
开场陈述过后,进入提问环节
Senator Santorum you said that
桑托勒姆议员,您曾说
your campaign is about freedom
您竞选的口号是自由
and that 20 years from now you don't want to be telling your grandchildren
您不愿在20年后,无法向您的儿孙解释
how America once was free.
美国曾是自由的国度
Name three freedoms you had the day before
请说出奥巴马总统就职之后
President Obama was sworn in that you don't have now.
您丧失的三种自由权利
Obamacare to begin with.
首先是奥巴马医改
Obamacare is the most egregious...
奥巴马医改是最恶劣的...
Have you had to change doctors?
您被迫更换过医生吗
May I finish? No sir.
能让我说完吗,不,先生,
Have you had to change doctors? No.
您被迫更换过医生吗,没有,
Has anyone in your family had to change doctors?
您的家人,被迫更换过医生吗
Has there been any change at all in health care for you or your family?
您与家人的医疗保健有任何变化吗
I'm talking about Obamacare now.
我说的是奥巴马医改
My question was name three freedoms that you had
我的问题是,请说出奥巴马就职之后
the day before the president was sworn in that you don't have now.
您所丧失的三项自由权利
Mr. Speaker you just said that if you're elected
议长先生,您宣称只要当选
the price of gas will be $2.50 a gallon.
油价将降至每加仑2.5美元
How does the US President control the price of oil?
请问,美国总统如何能操纵油价
Governor you've said that as president
州长,您曾称,当选总统后(米特·罗姆尼曾任麻萨诸塞州州长)
you will never apologize for America.
将永远不会代表美国道歉
This question is in two parts.
我的问题有两部分
Name an instance in which the president has apologized for America
请列举,哪位总统曾代表美国道歉
and can you imagine no instance
还有,您能想象美国总统
in which a US president should apologize for America?
在任何情况下,都不该代表美国道歉吗
Mr. McAvoy I find it reprehensible that the liberal media
麦卡沃伊先生,我在此谴责自由派媒体
would try to pit Republicans against one another.
挑拨共和党人,令大家互相刁难
And I for one won't stand by while it happens.
对此,我不会袖手旁观
This is the Republican primary Mr. Speaker
这是共和党初选,议长先生
and you're running for the nomination.
您正在争取提名
It wasn't my idea to pit you against anyone. It was yours.
让您们相互刁难的不是我,而是您们自己
Congressman Paul I'd like to discuss
保罗议员,我想与您讨论一下
the newsletters you wrote and sold starting in the 1990s.
您在90年代初所写并出售的信件
I've already said everything I have to say.
我该说的都说了
I never wrote those letters and I never even read them.
我从没写过这些信,也从未读过
They had your name on them. They had your signature on them.
上面有您的名字,还有您的签名
You made money from them. And in 1996
您靠它们赚了一笔钱,还于1996年
you defended them to the "Dallas Morning News."
在《达拉斯晨报》上为之辩解
I don't like pretending... Stop. Everybody stop.
我不喜欢装作...停下,都停下
There's no need to go along any further.
没必要继续下去了
I see where you're going.
我看明白了
Adam. Listen...
亚当,听我说,
Is there someplace we can talk privately?
我们可以借一步说话吗
Take my office.
去我办公室吧
Adam.
亚当
I think they really liked it.
我猜他们很喜欢
You did a good job everybody. Give me a minute.
大家都干得很棒,我先失陪了
I told you this guy... This guy what?
我告诉过你,这人,这人怎么了,
Wasn't on the team.
不站在我们这边
He's on the team okay? Hang on.
他是,等等,
The team I'm on is the voters'
我站在选民这边
and smart qualified people disagreeing about issues.
站在有识之士这边
Your plan was to embarrass the candidates.
你打算让候选人难堪
I want candidates who can answer those questions.
我希望候选人能回答这些问题
And if they know they're going to be
假如他们明白
held responsible for the nonsense they're shouting on the stump
要为自己胡说八道的演说负责
they'll be forced to stop shouting nonsense.
就不会继续胡说八道了
This guy has lost his mind. He hasn't.
这人疯了,他没有,
Adam this is exactly what we always talked about.
亚当,这正是我们一直探讨的
This is what we dreamed of.
是我们一直梦想的
We said we need real campaign reform
一场真正的竞选改革
and a way of letting Americans hear the two best competing arguments.
让民众听到,最佳的两种观点相互交锋
Nobody could stand up to that kind of questioning.
没人经得起你那种提问
You think that was brutal questioning? It really wasn't.
你认为我的问题很苛刻,一点不苛刻,
And you honestly believe the candidates would submit themselves to this?
你真心相信,候选人会愿意接受
They should welcome it. I don't believe what I'm hearing.
他们应该表示欢迎,真不敢相信,
Any candidate who can handle a cross
谁若能应付得了这种交叉诘问
is gonna find himself at the top of the polls in the morning.
第二天的民调,一定领跑
And we should welcome it 'cause it'll clear out the clown car
我们也该欢迎,撇开各种儿戏
and give us a serious discussion among serious candidates.
让认真的候选人来场严肃的讨论
The only person who would welcome it is him.
唯一会欢迎的,只有他
This is about him.
他只是为自己
He wants to look tough by making the candidates look like idiots.
为了体现自己厉害,把议员们弄得像白痴
No he doesn't. I have known this man for 25 years and I vouch...
他不是,我认识他25年了,我保证
I don't care what you vouch for.
不管你保证什么
I am not allowing the goddamn press
我绝不允许天杀的媒体
to make fools out of our candidates.
嘲笑愚弄我们的候选人
I'll remember that the next time you bitch
你以后别再向我抱怨
about how the press never vetted Obama.
媒体对奥巴马太客气
We're not agreeing to this format.
我们不同意这种辩论形式
You are going to abide by the rules that we give you
你得照我们的规矩来
and I don't want Mackenzie McHale producing it for you.
另外,我不要麦肯兹·麦克黑尔来制作
What are you talking about?
你说什么
I want the old Will McAvoy.
我想要原来的威尔·麦卡沃伊
Not the thing she turned you into.
而不是被她改变了的你
I know all about that lady.
那女人我太了解了
Get out. Will come on. You need the debate.
滚,威尔,你需要这场辩论,
Of course he can use Mackenzie.
他当然可以用麦肯兹
These guys have been compromising and compromising all week
这些人一周以来不断妥协
so we could host a debate that made some sense and did some good.
只为了做出一档有意义的辩论会
Well I'm sorry to hear that because it was all for nothing.
真可惜啊,全白费了
We need ACN. No we don't.
我们需要ACN,不需要
They've got the independents.
他们手里攥着无党派
He's not the only anchor at ACN.
他又不是ACN唯一的主播
Don Keefer. Yeah?
唐·基佛,在,
How would you and Elliot Hirsch like to have one of the debates?
你和埃利奥特·赫什来办辩论会如何
Eat me.
做梦
Mr. Skinner I'm trying to be as... When Don says "Eat me"
斯金纳先生,我已经...唐说了"做梦"
that's usually the end of the conversation.
你就不用再废话了
Sloan Sabbith.
斯隆·莎碧斯
You want to be a star? Me?
你想成为新星吗,我吗,
Yeah. Fuck you.
没错,去死,
I hate these guys.
我恨这帮人
I don't know why you don't.
真不懂你怎么不恨他们
And I'll be in the car.
我在车上等你
I'm really sorry.
真的很抱歉
I can't be out of work.
我不能丢工作
Tuition at Stanford is... No I know.
斯坦福的学费...我明白
It was good seeing you.
见到你真高兴
You too.
我也是
All those things we talked about...
我们当年讨论的种种
Yeah.
我知道
Don't let 'em push you around.
别任他们摆布
You take it easy.
你好好保重
I'm sorry everyone.
对不起,各位
We lost the debate.
辩论会没了
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
We've got about an hour to air. Let's put it together.
还有一小时直播,开始准备吧
He'll cave. He'll agree to the debate on their terms.
他会投降,接受他们的规则
No he won't. You romanticize Will.
他不会,你把威尔浪漫化了,
That mock debate was about him.
模拟辩论,全是为了他
He was the star. He attacked his...
他为了出名,攻击自己的...
He didn't attack anybody.
他谁都没攻击
He asked questions that the candidates should be able to answer
他提的问题,候选人本该回答得上
and that the voters should be able to hear them answer.
选民也该听听,他们如何回答
He didn't cower and he wasn't Ed McMahon.
他没有退缩,他也不是埃德·麦克马洪
Thinking there was even a remote chance...
居然以为有一丝的机会...
Maybe it was naive. It wasn't naive it was hubris.
也许是天真了些,根本不是天真,是目中无人,
It was gutsy and you're just jealous.
他很勇敢,你就是嫉妒
Jealous of what? You know fuck you Mac.
嫉妒什么,去死吧,麦肯
I've spent this week letting you kick my ass from here to the Chrysler Building
整个星期,我一直忍着你的冷嘲热讽
because you were selling out every 15 minutes
因为你每隔15分钟就主动投怀送抱
to get your hands on something you didn't get.
想挽回以前没有得到的东西
And you were embarrassed by it in front of me.
在我面前,你还觉得丢脸
He doesn't want you.
他压根不想要你
Please don't talk about my personal life.
请不要讨论我的私生活
I'm sort of a key player in it.
我也算是其中的主角
Is it all right if I talk about my personal life?
我能讨论自己的私生活吗
Yes I broke up with you.
没错,我甩了你
I'm the first guy ever to break up with a woman.
我是第一个甩了女友的男人
And then I came back. Also unprecedented.
然后我回头了,也是史上第一例
Did he come back?
他回头了吗
I don't know yet.
我还不知道
Seriously? After four years?
没搞错吧,都四年了
In "Castaway" Helen Hunt got remarried in less time than...
《荒岛余生》里,海伦·亨特再婚的时间都比...
I never would have gone with the Casey Anthony story.
我绝对不会报道凯西案
I don't care how much of my audience I was losing.
我不在乎流失多少观众
And he's gonna cave on the debate too.
辩论会他肯定也会屈服
Are you sure about that? I am absolutely sure about that.
你确定吗,我坚信,
You know what I like about Will?
你知道我喜欢威尔什么吗
He's not absolutely sure about anything.
他从不坚信任何事
He struggles with things.
他有内心斗争
He's never certain he's right and sometimes he's not.
他从不确信自己正确,有时他确实错了
But he tries hard to be.
但他努力做到正确
He struggles with things.
他一直挣扎着
God!
上帝啊
Will are you all right?
威尔,你还好吗
Could somebody help Will put his pants on?
能来个人帮威尔穿裤子吗
I don't think this is gonna work out.
我觉得这事没戏
The story? Yeah.
报道吗,对,
That's Will's call.
威尔说了算
Excuse me.
失陪
How's it going there?
你怎么样了
There's something off with these pants.
这些裤子有问题
I think maybe considering everything that's gone on here this week
我觉得考虑到这周的状况
you should reconsider having Brian write the piece.
你应该重新考虑,让不让布莱恩报道
Can you handle him being here? I can handle him being here.
你对他在这有意见吗,完全没问题,
But I think... I brought him in here to punish you.
但我认为...我找他来,是为了惩罚你,
I know. I think I may have also brought him in here
我知道,我把他找来,也为了,
so you could see a sidebyside comparison. You're an idiot.
让你对比一下我俩,你脑子进水,
Hey these are really hard pants. Not the pants.
这些裤子真的有问题,不是说裤子,
I have cooperated with and been the engine behind an instant
我配合,甚至主导了这系列行动
dismantling of everything we've built and everything we stand for.
毁了我们的成就,和我们的信念
I've ignored serious stories so we can get down in the gutter
我无视正经的报道
with the Casey Anthony circus and the Anthony Weiner distraction.
去蹚凯西案和韦纳的浑水
And I've done it all while Brian's been standing over my shoulder
我这么做时,还有布莱恩在背后盯着
because you put him there.
因为你把他找来了
And you pass on the debate because that guy insulted me?
你还因为那人侮辱我,就放弃了辩论会
Who are you?!
你到底是谁啊
I don't know where your head is at at any given moment!
我都快不认识你了
I am this close to losing it! I think I have!
我就差这么一点就疯了,我已经疯了
I think it's happening right now!
现在就要崩溃了
Settle down. I will not settle down!
冷静,我不要冷静,
I should though. I should settle down.
我该冷静,我该冷静
Remember your first day here the BP spill?
还记得你来这第一天吗,英石油泄漏
Yeah.
记得
Remember when I said throw out the rundown?
记得我叫你取消原来的报道计划吗
Yeah. Did you think that was cool?
记得,你觉得那很酷吗,
Yeah.
很酷
Throw out the rundown.
取消原来的报道计划
Wait no.
等等,不要
We still need the numbers. We've got to protect you from Leona.
我们依然需要收视率,以免给莉安娜借口
Yeah I can't live with a 15yearold girl being the toughest guy at my desk.
我受不了在主播台上,被15岁的姑娘比下去
Are you talking about Lisa? Yeah.
你是说利萨吗,对,
She's 26. They all look 15 to me. Sloan.
她26了,我看谁都像15,斯隆
Are you sure about this? Not at all. Sloan.
你确定吗,一点也不,斯隆,
Yeah? If I ask you the right questions
在,如果我提问适当,
can you talk about the debt ceiling for two segments tonight?
你今晚能围绕债务上限,谈上两整段吗
I don't even need the questions. Get ready.
你都不需要提问,去准备吧,
Can you handle Brian being here a little while longer?
布莱恩再待一阵子,你能挺住吗
I can handle anything.
我什么都不怕
Jellyfish. I don't like jellyfish.
水母,我不喜欢水母,
Brian. Yeah?
布莱恩,什么事,
Just write the truth okay? Just write the truth.
只写事实行吗,只写事实
We're throwing out the rundown and leading with the debt ceiling.
取消原来的报道计划,用债务上限作开场
You get all that? Yeah.
都记下了吗,嗯,
Is it working?
有用吗
No. They're laughing at me.
没,他们都在笑我
They think I'm a smalltime troll.
觉得我是个业余小钓饵
That's got to hurt. It does.
你得多伤心啊,很伤,
It's too bad you're not the guy who left the death threat for Will.
真可惜,给威尔发恐吓信的,不是你
That's a dangerous area.
那可是危险区
Yeah.
没错
Jim?
吉姆
Yeah?
Whatever happened with you and Lisa?
你和利萨怎么了
Uh she doesn't want to go out with me.
她不愿和我约会
I gave it a try.
我试过了
A try?
试过
Yeah.
"Gather ye rosebuds." You know what that means?
"花开堪折"你懂吗,
It's the first half of the first line of a poem by Robert Herrick.
是罗伯特·赫里克一首诗中第一句的前半句(17世纪英国"骑士派"诗人,此为其诗《劝淑女趁良缘》)
What's the second half?
后半句是什么
"While ye may."
"直需折"
"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may."
"花开堪折直需折"
I'm gonna.
我会的
"Then be not coy but use your time
"莫因娇羞惜爱怜
and while ye may go marry.
趁此春光嫁少年
For having lost but once your prime
等闲负了青春约
you may forever tarry."
此生难再觅良缘"
I won't.
我不会的
Okay.
很好
First we have to do the show. Yeah.
但先要把节目做好,好,
You're 100% sure?
你百分之百肯定吗
It was a year ago. It was over a year ago.
那都是一年前的事,一年多了
He was the new guy in the office
他是办公室里的新人
and Don and I were in a terrible place.
那时唐和我闹僵了
So I had a stupid crush on him for five minutes.
我对他犯了五分钟的花痴
He was nice to me even though I was mean to him
他对我很好,尽管我对他很刻薄
so I thought maybe he liked me too.
所以我以为,他可能也喜欢我
But that's just over
但那都结束了
and he's really trying hard with you.
他真的很努力在争取你
So if you like him... Of course I like him.
所以如果你喜欢他...我当然喜欢他
There's no way to fix the air conditioning.
这空调没法修
Your choices are 90 degrees or 30 degrees.
要么90度(32℃)要么30度(1℃)
Who's here at midnight?
都半夜了,会是谁
Hello? Hey it's Jim.
你好,是我吉姆,
Come on up.
上来吧
We never got to the God question.
可惜我们没机会问"上帝"问题
Bachmann said that God told her to run
巴赫曼说上帝让她去竞选
and Maggie wanted Will to ask her what God's voice sounded like.
玛姬想让威尔问她,上帝的声音是怎样的
I think it would have sealed it for us.
这主意八成能让咱们歇菜
If every network said "We're not playing by your rules.
要是每家电视网都说,"我才不遵守你的规矩
You're playing by ours"
你得遵守我的"
We'd raise the level of debate overnight.
辩论的水平一夜就会提高
It wasn't as crazy as it sounded.
这没听起来那么疯狂
It was exactly as crazy as it sounded.
这正和听起来一样疯狂
Good luck.
祝你好运
I wanted to talk to... Hey man.
我想跟...伙计
Hey Don.
I did... I didn't know that you'd...
我...我不知道你会在...
Maggie talked me into it.
玛姬说服我了
I'm sorry?
你说什么
You don't have to pitch me.
你不用再劝我
Maggie talked me into it.
玛姬已经说服我了
Let's go for a walk. Listen...
出去走走吧,听着...
Let's go.
走吧
Nice ending don't you think?
这结局真棒,不是吗
He had a whole speech he didn't get to use.
他准备了一大段话,都没用上
Don?
What is it?
怎么了
He said "I wanted to talk to"
他说,"我想跟..."
and then I cut him off.
然后我打断了他
What are you...
你在说什...
Lisa wasn't the one he came here to see.
他想见的人不是利萨
I don't...
我不...
He signed for the flowers.
花是他签收的
What?
什么
I have to explain something.
我得向你坦白
Tonight you're mine
今夜,你属于我,
Completely
从身到心
Congresswoman Bachmann to you.
巴赫曼议员,请问
Elvis or Johnny Cash?
您更喜欢猫王还是约翰尼·卡什
Oh that's really tough.
这太难了
That's really... both. Both.
这太...两个都喜欢
Both? Yeah I've got "Christmas With Elvis" On my iPod.
都喜欢,对,我iPod里就有《和猫王过圣诞》
All right now we know what's on the congresswoman's iPod.
好,现在我们知道议员听什么歌了
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
今夜,浓情之光在你眼中闪烁,
Will you still love me tomorrow
明天你是否依然爱我,
Is this a lasting treasure
这会是恒久的宝藏,
Charizma?
你发什么疯
Or just a moment's pleasure
抑或是瞬间的情酿,
Can I believe
我能相信,
The magic of your sighs ?
你那令人着魔的叹息吗,
Will you still love me tomorrow
明天你是否依然爱我,
This is Lonny.
我是朗尼
Lonny it's Neal. Yeah?
朗尼,我是尼尔,什么事,
I'm sorry to call you so late but I need to tell you
抱歉这么晚打给你,但我有事要告诉你
about something that's on my computer right now.
我在电脑上看到一些东西
I've been working on this story
我最近在做一个报道
and without going into too many details...
细节我就不说了...
Is love I can be sure of ?
此情此爱,我可否相信,
So tell me now
请现在回答我,
Cause I won't ask again
因为我不会再问,
Will you still love me tomorrow
明天你是否依然爱我,
I'd like to know that your love
希望我能确信,
Is love I can be sure of ?
你的此情此爱,天地可鉴,
So tell me now
请现在回答我,
Cause I won't ask again
因为我不会再问,
Will you still love me tomorrow
明天你是否依然爱我

重点单词   查看全部解释    
defended [di'fend]

想一想再看

vt. 辩护;防护 vi. 保卫;防守

联想记忆
sensitive ['sensitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的

联想记忆
waist [weist]

想一想再看

n. 腰,腰部

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
claim [kleim]

想一想再看

n. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物

 
permission [pə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 同意,许可,允许

联想记忆
liberal ['libərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 慷慨的,大方的,自由主义的
n. 自

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
credible ['kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可信的,可靠的

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 新闻编辑室

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。