How did you get this number?
你怎么拿到我电话号码的
That's not important. It's important to me.
这不重要,我觉得很重要
Charlie this is the first of several calls
查理,这是我们建立联系的第一通电话
and its only purpose is to demonstrate my credibility as a source.
只为证明我作为线人的可靠性
How about you tell me your name?
那你应该把名字告诉我
Call me Deep Throat.
叫我"深喉"就好(水门事件中向《华盛顿邮报》透露幕后信息的秘密线人的代号)
I'm not calling you Deep Throat.
我才不会叫你"深喉"
That's a sacred pseudonym.
"深喉"是个神圣的化名
And by the way Deep Throat gave Woodward
再说,深喉在给伍德沃德的
his name on the first call.
第一通电话里就自报了身份
He said "Hi this is Mark Felt.
他说,"你好,我是马克·费尔特
I'm the deputy director of the FBI
我是联邦调查局副局长
and I want to talk to you about this story you're writing."
我想跟你谈谈你的报道"
So who is this? I don't care what you call me.
你到底是谁,随你怎么称呼,
Call me late for dinner.
叫我不速之客好了
I'm not calling to give you a tip.
这通电话不是给你提供消息的
I'm simply establishing my credibility.
只为建立我的可信度
But you're not establishing your credibility.
你有在建立可信度吗
I'm about to. Go ahead.
少安毋躁,说吧,
In roughly 90 minutes you're going to get an email from the White House
大约90分钟后,你会收到白宫的电邮
telling you to get to work.
让你开始工作
I am? That's it.
是吗,我说完了,
Should I be telling people to get to work now?
我该让手下,马上行动起来吗
And do what? You tell me.
做什么,你告诉我啊,
If I could I would have already.
我若能告诉你,早就说了
I'm not trying to play a game.
我不是在逗你玩
I have 7:30.
现在是七点半
At 9:00 Eastern you're going to get an email
东部时间九点,你就会收到来自
from White House Press Secretary Jay Carney
白宫新闻发言人杰·卡尔尼的电邮
telling you to get to work.
让你开始工作
And when that happens you'll know that I was for real.
那时,你便知我所言不虚
Is anyone in danger? No.
谁出什么事了吗,没有,
If someone's in danger and you're not telling...
如果有人出事了,你却不告诉...
No one's in danger Charlie. This isn't a scary call.
谁都没出事,查理,这不是恐吓电话
I'm just establishing my credibility.
我只是在建立可信度
Why? Why do you need me to believe you're credible?
为什么,你为什么要我觉得你可信
Hello?
喂
What was that? I don't know.
什么事,我也不知道,
You should probably say a few words.
你应该说两句
Really? Yeah.
真的吗,是的,
What do I say? What do you want to say?
说什么,你想说什么,
"Please get out of my home"?
"请从我家滚出去"
Everyone Will wants to say a few words.
各位,威尔要和大家说两句话
I really don't. But here you all are
我没啥好说的,但你们都在
in my apartment socializing.
在我家,社交玩乐
Coworkers friends family...
同事,朋友,家人
in my apartment
在我家
just like in my nightmares.
跟我噩梦里一样
This is a party to celebrate the one year and one week anniversary
今晚的派对是为了庆祝"晚间新闻"2.0
of what we used to call "News Night" 2.0.
一年零一周的纪念日
Remember that?
还记得吗
I think we're up to about "News Night" 174.0
算下来已经快要"晚间新闻"174.0了
but I'm confident we're gonna get it right one of these days.
但我相信,有朝一日我们会功德圆满
So have a good time at the party.
大家尽兴地玩
And please please know from the bottom of my heart
最后,容我说句心里话
that I'm not gonna think it's rude if you leave early.
我绝不会怪罪大家提前离开
Good? Goose bumps.
怎样,鸡皮疙瘩一地,
Resume being here.
接着玩吧
Okay this is an Australian actress.
这是位澳大利亚女演员
Nicole Kidman. No she was in "Spiderman."
妮可·基德曼,错,她演过《蜘蛛侠》
Time. Let me see.
时间到,我看下,
It's Christian Bale.
答案是克里斯蒂安·贝尔
English "Batman"
人家是英国人,演的是《蝙蝠侠》
And a man.
而且是个男的
Who am I thinking of?
那我描述的是谁
"Sunshine" by Jonathan Edwards Sunshine go away today... ?
阳光今天要离开?
Up chickens. Down chickens.
抬爪,放爪, ("Up Chicken Down Chicken"猜硬币在谁手里,猜错就要喝一杯)
It's not there. Not there.
不在这儿,不在这儿,
How much does it cost? I'll buy it
需要多少钱,我买了
The time is all we've lost I'll try it
失去的只是时间,我认了
He can't even run his own life
他连自己的人生都无法掌控
I'll be damned if he'll run mine
又如何来掌控我的人生
Sunshine
阳光
Sunshine go away today
阳光今天要离开
I don't feel much like dancing...
我不想跳舞
Just to be clear for you youngsters
跟你们这些孩子说清楚了
this isn't recreational. It's medicinal.
这不是用来爽的,而是医疗用品
When I was a junior in high school
我上高二的时候
I was already throwing a 74mileanhour fastball
就能投出时速74英里的快速球
which puts a lot of stress on your landing leg.
给落地腿造成很大压力
I also have epicondylitis in my elbow
我肘部还有上髁炎
due to my messyouup breaking ball.
因为我经常投出迷惑性的曲线球
You know if you just want to bake that's okay with me.
你想嗑就嗑,不用解释
You don't need to go to WebMD to come up with symptoms.
不用去WebMD找症状瞎编(www.webmd.com提供众多医疗保健信息)
I don't want to bake.
我不想嗑
I'm telling you I was an awesome high school athlete
都跟你说了,我高中时是体育健将
but it's left me in constant physical pain in my knee and elbow.
但是膝盖和手肘留下了永久的伤病
And experts say that medical marijuana relieves the pain and inflammation
专家说,医用大麻能缓解疼痛和炎症
with fewer side effects than prescription pain killers.
副作用还少过处方的止痛药
Which experts? The ones on WebMD.
哪个专家,WebMD上的,
Anyway thank you and thank your friend in LA
总之,谢谢你和洛杉矶的朋友
for getting this for me.
给我弄来这个
No problem. He said they're pretty strong.
小意思,他说这玩意儿很强劲
So you should just break off a quarter and eat that.
掰四分之一吃就够了
And when this guy says they're strong they're strong.
他说强劲的话,就是真的很强劲
I ate two.
我吃了两块
Okay. Well enjoy yourself
好吧,尽情享受吧
and we'll see you in 12 to 14 hours.
我们12到14小时后再见
It's fine. I have incredibly high tolerance.
没事的,我的耐药性特强
That's why I can't feel the Vicodin.
维柯丁(止痛药)吃了完全没感觉
You took Vicodin and then ate two cookies?
你服了维柯丁,还吃了两块吗
He's fine. You're fine.
他没事,你没事的
Just stay away from anything dangerous.
离危险物远点
Electricity. You know outside.
别碰电器,别出门
I'm fine. I don't feel it at all.
我好得很,一点感觉都没有
You will. We'll see.
会有的,走着瞧,
My body has the physical tolerance of 10 men.
我身体的耐药性是普通人的十倍
Doctors have called me a medical marvel.
医生都说我是医学奇迹
Yeah I'd just lie down.
你还是乖乖躺着吧
But if you want to see a real marvel
你要是真想见识奇迹
Kaylee is going to play Jim at Guitar Hero
凯莉要跟吉姆比"吉他英雄" (一款为吉他爱好者专门设计的音乐游戏)
and Kaylee is gonna be blindfolded.
凯莉还要蒙住眼睛
You should come watch. I will.
你应该去看看,我会的,
Look at this. It's from Mike Tapley.
看这个,麦克·塔普莱发来的
"I'm available. Call me."
"我有空,打给我"
That's how you ask someone out?
哪有这么约人的呀
"I'm available. Call me."
"我有空,打给我"
What time do you have?
你的表几点了
8:25.
8点25
Ooh boo I just buzzed.
我手机响了
Can you check my phone? It's in my back pocket.
帮我看一下,在后面口袋里
It might be Jim's mom begging me to stop.
可能是吉姆妈妈求我停下来
I can play an actual guitar.
我会弹真的吉他
All you have to do is declare my supremacy and I'll stop.
你只要认输求饶,我就停了
It's your incoming Twitter feeds.
是推特订阅来了
Oh read them to me.
念给我听
And someone tell me if Jim's holding back tears.
吉姆是不是在强忍泪水
Someone named Monster has a link to some epic photographs.
一个叫怪兽的,贴了几张巨牛的照片
Steve Martin says "I like my antiques new."
史蒂夫·马丁说,"古董还是新的好"
And the Rock's tweeting
巨石强森的推特说
"Just got word that will shock the world.
"刚听说了震惊世界的消息
Land of the free home of the brave.
自由之土,勇士之家
Damn proud to be an American."
当美国人真他妈骄傲"
I guess "Fast Five" just won the weekend.
看来《速度与激情5》这周票房称霸了
No that means he's coming back.
不,说明他要回归擂台了
The Rock is coming back to lay the smack down on Triple H.
巨石强森要回来击败三H
Stop playing. You lost like 10 minutes ago.
别玩了,你十分钟前就输了
Somebody said you were in here working on a Sunday night
有人说你周日晚上在这工作
during a party and I had no trouble believing it.
还是在派对时间,我丝毫不惊讶
I was just securing the video overnights.
我在监督通宵视频
It's okay.
没什么的
It's weird how the video overnights
好奇怪,怎么通宵视频
look so much like the MetsPhillies game.
看上去那么像棒球赛
Isn't it?
是吗
It's Lisa. You should take it. It's okay.
是利萨,你接吧,没关系,
She's supposed to be here. Maybe something happened.
她早该到了,可能出了什么事
I'm sure she's just blowing up her hair.
她八成是在炸头发
Blowing out her hair? Is that what it is?
是"吹"头发,是这么说吗,
Yeah. Take the call.
是的,快接呀
I think she's gone.
她好像已经挂了
Hi Lis'.
利萨
Hey did I call the wrong computer?
我打错了吗
No your man is right here.
没,你男人在这儿
He was just watching some porn. Nope.
他在看黄片,没有,
Where are you? Five minutes away.
你在哪,还有五分钟,
I'm walking. I've got FaceTime on my phone.
我正在一边走一边手机视频
Can you see me?
看得到我吗
You should be looking in front of you
走路时应该看着前面
while you're walking or you're gonna...
否则容易...
Are you okay? No worries. No worries.
你没事吧,没事,
Okay have a good night. You okay?
祝夜晚愉快,你没事吧,
Yeah I walked into a pedestrian who also has FaceTime on his phone.
没事,我撞上了一个也在电话视频的人
Please don't cross any streets.
千万别过马路
I was gonna call you and then I saw you were online.
我本想打电话,正好看到你在线
Aren't I coming to a party? Absolutely.
你们不是在派对吗,当然,
I just needed to do some work. Watch some porn.
我有点工作要做,看黄片,
MetsPhillies?
棒球赛吧
Only to check the score.
只是看一下比分
Hey check it out. I've got a new expression I want to try.
听好了,我要试个新词
You ready? It's a gas.
准备好了吗,"碉堡了"
I like it. Try it.
我喜欢,说说看,
It's a gas. Nope. Terrible.
碉堡了,烂死了,
You can't do it. I'm almost there.
你说不出感觉,我快到了
It'll be a gas. Seriously no.
碉堡了,真的不行,
All right. All right I'll be there in a minute.
好吧,好吧,我马上到,
I love you. And I do too.
我爱你,我也是,
Yeah maybe if you stare at that piece of paper long enough
你就一直盯着那张纸吧
the time will reverse itself
也许时间就会倒流
and the last 10 seconds will be erased from the universe.
把刚才那10秒从宇宙中抹去
All right first of all
好吧,首先
can we agree that sometimes
我们能不能达成共识
being this connected by technology does more harm...
科技把人拉近,其实坏处比...
I love you and I do too?
"我爱你" "我也是"吗
Here's what happened. Lisa told me she loved me last night.
事情是这样的,昨晚利萨跟我说她爱我
She did? Yes.
她说了,对,
She does that too early. I completely agree.
她一向说得太早,完全同意,
Save your agreement
同意个屁
'cause I don't think we're gonna be on the same side on this one.
我才不会跟你统一战线,
How do you feel about that?
你对此有何感觉
Her? How do you feel about her?
她,你对她有何感觉
I don't feel the same way. You don't?
我还没到那一步,你没到,
I like her. She's really nice
我喜欢她,她人很好
and really funny and incredibly sexy.
非常有趣,而且特别性感
Really very sexy with the sexiness that...
太性感了,她那性感的...
I get it. And I like the new expression.
明白了,我也喜欢她的新词,
It's a gas. Don't even.
碉堡了,闭嘴吧,
But I don't love her. You don't?
但是我不爱她,真的吗,
No.
真的
So what did you say when she said "I love you"?
那她跟你说"我爱你"后,你说什么了
I said "I love you too." Of course you did.
我说,"我也爱你"猜到了,
Anything else seemed rude.
说别的都很没礼貌
And then you just told her again.
而你刚才又说了一遍
No what I said was "And I do too."
没有,我刚才说"我也是"
Which means that I love me.
意思是我爱我
And I do. I look in the mirror and I like what I see.
我确实爱我,每次照镜子我都特愉悦
I've been on a journey of selfdiscovery
最近我一直在探寻自我
to answer the question who is Jim Harper...
吉姆·哈珀到底是谁
Shut up. Okay.
闭嘴,哦,
You can't keep telling her you love her if you don't.
你不爱她,就不能一直说爱她
Which is why frankly i would have preferred not to take the call.
所以我刚刚,才不愿接电话
You think blaming me is gonna be a winning strategy?
你以为把责任推给我,有用吗
No. What are you gonna do now?
没,你现在怎么办,
Well obviously I have to leave the country.
显然,我得潜逃出国
You have to break up with her. Why?
你得和她分手,为什么,
You can't have a relationship
这么做行不通
where one person's here and the other person's there.
你们俩的心不在一块儿
Really? Where's Don?
是吗,唐在哪
Don's on a plane back from DC.
唐正从华盛顿飞回来
And was that a dig wrapped in a metaphor?
你这是挖苦加比喻吗
No. I think it was a dig wrapped in a metaphor.
不是,这就是挖苦加比喻,
I have to break up with her? Yes.
我非得和她分手吗,没错,
You don't think that's gonna
我刚说完我爱她
come as a surprise after I told her I loved her?
就提出分手,她不会措手不及吗
I do yes.
当然会
I think it'll be a surprise.
她会措手不及
I'll write her a nice letter.
我还是给她写封信吧
No. Everybody likes getting mail.
不行,人人都喜欢收到信,
You're not overseas fighting World War I.
你又不是参加一战的士兵
You have to do it in person and you have to do it tonight.
必须当面分手,而且是今晚
In the middle of a party? No.
开派对的时候,不是,
When she gets here you'll tell her you'd like to take a walk.
等她来了,你就跟她说想出去散步
Hang on.
等等
And she's not that sexy. Yeah she is.
而且她也没那么性感,她就是性感,
Just because of her sweet face?
就因为她脸长得好看吗
Yeah that's it.
对,没错
I think... It's from Mike Tapley.
我觉得...是麦克·塔普莱,
"I'm available. Call me."
"我有空,打给我"
Why would Tapley want me to call him?
塔普莱为什么要我打电话给他
I mean I get that she has physical attributes that are prized by...
我明白她身材很好...
Hey. Tapley? Our own National Security analyst.
是塔普莱,台里的国家安全分析员
Stay here and look around and find out what he's talking about.
坐下,弄清他在说什么
Where do I start? Start by emailing him back
从哪着手,先给他回邮件,
and asking "What are you talking about?"
问他,你在说什么
Do not take a tone with me "American Gigolo."
不许对我颐指气使,美国舞男
I wasn't tak...
我没有...
Hey listen. Sing more.
听着,再唱一曲吧,
No I just got a strange email from Mike Tapley.
不要,我刚收到麦克·塔普莱发的奇怪邮件
So did I. It said "I'm available. Call me."
我也是,上面说"我有空,打给我"
Why is he hitting on both of us?
他为什么要同时勾引我们俩
He's not hitting on either one of you.
他不在勾引你们
He's saying he's available to go on the air.
他是说,他可以上节目
For what? When?
为什么,什么时候,
Now. What are you talking about?
现在,你在说什么,
Wait for it.
等着瞧
"Get to work." Who's it from?
开工,谁发来的,
The White House. What does yours say?
白宫,你那上面写的什么
"POTUS to address the country at 10:30 EST
总统将在东部时间十点半,
on matter of national security."
就国家安全问题发表讲话
Hang on.
等下
It's Kaylee right? What's wrong?
你叫凯莉对吧,什么事,
The Rock he has a cousin who's a Navy SEAL?
巨石强森有个在海豹突击队的兄弟吧
Yeah. And tell me what his tweet said.
对,告诉我他推特写了什么,
"Just got word that will shock the world.
"刚听说了震惊世界的消息,
Land of the free home of the brave.
自由之土,勇士之家
Damn proud to be an American."
当美国人真他妈骄傲"
He's coming back to avenge Triple H. No he's not.
他要回来找三H报仇,不是
Everybody quiet down.
大家,安静一下
Will turn off the music.
威尔,把音乐关了
Turn it off.
关音乐
Martin throw me the remote. It's right next to you.
马丁,把遥控器扔过来,在你边上
You're fine.
没事
Martin throw me the remote. It's right next to you.
马丁,把遥控器扔过来,在你边上
The president's speaking in 90 minutes
总统将于90分钟后
on a matter of national security.
就国家安全问题发表讲话
That's all we know right now.
目前只知道这些
30 minutes from now I want to know a lot more than that.
半小时之后,我需要更多消息,
Four people to a cab. Let's go.
四人一辆出租车,出发
What do you think it is?
你觉得是什么事
It could be Gaddafi. It could be Iran.
可能是卡扎菲,可能是伊朗
They could have fired on a ship in the Gulf.
可能攻击了海湾的军舰
Jimmy Carter just got back from North Korea.
吉米·卡特刚从朝鲜回来(美国前总统,曾于2011年访问朝鲜)
He could have learned something. We could be under attack.
他可能知道些什么,我们或许被攻击了
But what do you think it is?
但你觉得会是什么
I think we got bin Laden.
我认为是抓住了本·拉登
How many people does your lift hold? What?
你家电梯能装几个人,什么
Your elevator how many people can it hold?
电梯,一次能运几个人
Six. Call down to the doorman.
六个,给门卫打电话,
Just up and down no stops. Yeah. Lonny!
直上直下,中间别停,好,朗尼
I'm bringing the car around. You stand in the lobby.
我去开车,你在大厅等我
Do not go out on the sidewalk. Yeah.
别到外面去,明白
Guys get Lonny in the elevator.
各位,让朗尼上电梯
Right. What is going on?
你来了,怎么回事
There's breaking news and we don't know what it is
突发新闻,但还不知道具体是什么
but the president's gonna go on TV at 10:30.
总统将于10点30发表电视讲话
You don't know what it is? No.
不知道是什么吗,不知道,
Can I come watch? I'll sit in the corner.
我能一起去吗,坐在角落就行
Sure. Yeah. But once you're there
当然,不过一旦你到了那里
you can't leave and you can't communicate with anyone.
你就不能走了,也不能和任何人联络
Okay. What do you think is going on?
没问题,你觉得是什么事
We don't know. But I have to be honest
不知道,但说实话
it can only be very good or very bad.
不论好坏,一定是天大的消息
It's almost I don't know. It's almost...
就像是,就像是...
Like she's trying too hard. Yeah.
她在努力掩饰,对,
Like she's trying too hard to show you everything's fine.
她在努力掩饰,想让你觉得一切正常
It's almost like that. It's right near being like that.
差不多就是这样
What are you guys talking about?
你们在聊什么呢
Don thinks that Maggie... Too loud.
唐认为玛姬,太大声了,
is trying too hard to create the appearance... Way too loud.
在努力制造假象,太大声了,
...that she's happy in their relationship.
假装和唐在一起很快乐,
Full plane. Man sitting right here.
全飞机都听到了
You've been yammering about your love life for two weeks.
你抱怨情感问题足足两个礼拜了
Wow also bizarrely loud.
你也这么大声
Including last night's Correspondents' Dinner.
昨晚在记者晚宴上还在抱怨
I'm a financial news reporter and the Secretary of the Treasury turned around
我是财经记者,财政部长转过身来
and said "When's he gonna shut up about Maggie?"
却问我,他能不能闭嘴别再提玛姬
That was really embarrassing for me
太让我难堪了
and it came right after I accidently set him on fire.
而我刚刚不小心把他点着了
Hey don't turn on your phones yet. We haven't touched the ground.
别开手机,还没降落呢
I turn mine on at 500 feet.
离地500英尺时,我就开机了
I turn mine on when I see someone else turn theirs on.
我看到有人开机,我也就开了
It messes with the navigation.
手机会干扰导航系统
The runway is right in front of him.
跑道就在飞行员眼前了
Do you use your car's navigation system
你开车从车道进车库时
to get from your driveway to your garage?
还会用导航吗
I don't have a driveway a garage or a car
我家没车道,没车库,也没车
but why don't we assume the pilot knows...
就当是飞行员知道...
Hey sir can you take his phone away?
先生,麻烦您能拿走他的手机
He's endangering your life and the lives of the other passengers.
他危害到了你和其他乘客的安全
I'm not. I'm not.
我没有,没有
She set the Treasury Secretary on fire.
她把财政部长点着了
It's true. Why?
是真的,为什么,
Just to show the other cabinet secretaries that I could.
为了向其他内阁部长展示才艺
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to New York's LaGuardia Airport
女士们先生们,欢迎来到纽约拉瓜迪亚机场
where the current time is seven minutes past 9:00.
当地时间,9点07分
We ask that you... You okay now?
请您...现在行了吧,
Or are you worried he can't find the airport from here?
难道你还担心飞行员找不到机场
I'm all about safety.
我是为安全着想
Yeah I'm sure if we went to the burn unit
我确定,如果咱们现在去烧伤病房
Timothy Geithner would say that... damn it.
盖特纳部长一定会说...被斯隆点着的财政部长,该死
My phone was on the whole time. It's out of juice.
我的手机一直开着,没电了
Could you guys scroll through your messages
你们快查查信息
and see if there's anything I need to know?
看有没有什么重要的事
It's my daughter. "Daddy are you the smartest man in the world?"
我女儿,"爸爸,你是世上最聪明的人吗"
Yes. Scroll.
我是,下一条,
"Miss Sabbith a lady always buttons her top button.
莎碧斯小姐,淑女永远都会系上领扣,
If you buttoned your collar on television you would be a lady.
若能在电视上系上领扣,你就是淑女了
If you spilled water all over your front
但如果你被水洒湿了胸口
I would like that too."
我也会喜欢
It's a fan.
一个粉丝
Scroll scroll. Shit.
下一条,下一条,妈呀,
Jesus.
上帝啊
Hey do you have this?
你有这条吗
Excuse me would you mind just switching seats with that woman?
打扰一下,能和那位女士换一下座位吗
We're almost at the gate.
快到登机口了
I know it sounds crazy but would you do it for me?
看在我的份上,帮我个忙吧
Well can I get your number?
能给我你的电话号码吗
No. Sure. I will give you her number.
不能,当然,我给你她的号码,
If you'd just give me a chance... How old are you?
你就给我个机会嘛,你多大了,
I'm old enough. I will give you a chance.
足够大了,我会给你机会,
Your first test is will you
你的第一项考验就是
switch seats without asking for anything in return?
能不能换个座位,而不求回报
Yes. Excuse me.
好,打扰一下,
You have to stay seated until we're at the gate.
飞机着陆前,你们必须在座位上坐好
Points for trying? Throw me your phone.
我心意到了,把你电话扔给我,
You think they're still at the party? Not anymore.
你觉得他们还在派对吗,不会了,
Guys wait till we're off the plane.
两位,等下了飞机再说吧
There's just too much we don't know
现在消息太少了
and too many words we don't want to say out loud.
而且不方便大声说出来
What's going on? See?
出什么事了,瞧,
No I mean the plane's stopping.
我是说,飞机怎么停了
Ladies and gentlemen this is the captain.
女士们先生们,我是机长
Well no good deed goes unpunished.
好事多磨
We arrived 10 minutes early and
我们提前十分钟到达
ground traffic control doesn't have a gate for us.
但地勤没有可用的登机口给我们
No no no.
别,别啊
It'll be just a few minutes and then we'll have you on your way.
请大家稍等几分钟
All right you guys mind switching seats now?
好了,你们可以换座位了吗
Remember I've already proven myself with the first test.
记住,我已经通过第一项考验了
Excuse me.
不好意思
You have to stay seated. But we're stopped.
你应该坐下,但飞机已经停了呀,
We're still on the taxiway.
我们还在滑行道上
You have to stay seated until the captain turns off the seat belt sign.
机长关闭安全带指示灯前,请坐在座位上
Ma'am this is a bit of an emergency.
我们有点急事
Sir FAA rules require passengers to stay seated...
先生,联邦航空局规定
Sure. ...with their seat belts fastened
当然,在安全到达登机口,
until we're safely at the gate and the captain...
机长关闭安全带指示灯之前
Got it. ...has turned off the seat belt sign.
明白,我们必须系上安全带坐好,
It's not just for your safety.
这不仅是为你的安全
You could fall into one of the other passengers.
你有可能倒在其他旅客身上
Understood ma'am. Please don't make me tell you again.
明白了,请不要让我再讲一次,
If I can just say this: we're stopped. Right?
我想说的是,飞机已经停了
And the pilot just said that it would be a few minutes.
飞行员说需要等几分钟
Now if the plane does start moving while my colleague and...
就算我同事和这位
Lester. ...Lester are changing seats
莱斯特,莱斯特换座位时飞机突然启动,
it'll be going two miles an hour.
时速也不过两英里
Up there you let us stand and move around
而在天上时,你却允许我们起来走动
and we were going like 550.
飞行时速高达550英里
So I thought maybe we could apply logic and see where that took us.
所以,或许我们该讲讲道理
Insulting me is not gonna help you out much.
羞辱我也是无济于事的
I wasn't insulting you.
我没有羞辱你
I can't get anybody to answer their phone.
我联系不到任何人
You're calling people who are on the subway.
你联系的人都在地铁里
Call people who are in taxis.
打给搭计程车的人
You have to let us off this plane.
让我们下飞机吧
I'm not letting you unbuckle your seat belt.
我都不让你解开安全带
You think I'm letting you off the plane?
你觉得我会让你下飞机吗
If you know what we know... which is nothing...
你要是知道我们知道的事,其实没事
you'd be behind us and they'd be behind us
你一定会支持我们,他们也会
and I think later on tonight you're gonna be saying
而且晚些时候,你就会说
"I wish I'd been more cooperative with that passenger."
"我应该对那位旅客更宽容一点的"
I think later on tonight you're gonna be saying
我想晚些时候,你会说
"These handcuffs hurt my wrists."
"手铐好痛啊"
All right she's not easy. I need information now.
算了,她真难缠,我需要消息
If they knew more they'd be telling us right?
他们查到了,就会告诉我们的
We'll keep calling the desk
我们会继续给公司打电话
but I think we're just gonna have to wait.
但目前也只能等待了
Waiting patience... words like that always my last option.
等待,耐心这类词,永远是下下策
Borrow somebody's phone and start dialing.
借个电话,赶紧多找人问问
Lester.
莱斯特
Andy listen most of my staff are kids.
安迪,我的员工大多是孩子
Five years ago half of them were editing their college newspapers.
一大半的人,五年前还在搞校报
Will we can't... You just got to give me a little guidance.
威尔,我们不能,给我些提示,
We think it's bin Laden.
我们认为是本·拉登
If we're wrong just wave me off.
如果不是,就给我打个手势
I can't do any waving.
我打不了手势
All right we're gonna do a Carl Bernstein from "All the President's Men."
那就学《水门事件》里的卡尔·伯恩斯坦
I'm gonna say it's bin Laden and I'm gonna count to 10.
我说是本·拉登,然后数十下
If you don't say anything that's what we're pursuing.
你若一声不吭,我们就跟进下去了
Ready? One...two...
准备好了吗,一,二
Wait a second. That's where they fucked up in the movie.
慢着,电影里他们就是这样搞砸了的
I've got to go man. No he didn't...
我得挂了,不,他没有...
the guy misunderstood the directions.
是那家伙理解出了问题
Andy?
安迪
We're not moving.
堵死了
There's construction. On a Sunday night?
前方施工,周日晚上施工,
They do it on Sunday night so they don't inconvenience people.
选在周日晚上,就是为了避免给人带来不便
This is gonna be a great city once they finish building it.
这城市建好后,一定会很宏伟
Just sit tight.
好好坐着吧
What are we 22 blocks away?
我们在哪,还差22条街吗
I'm gonna get you there.
我会把你送到的
I'm gonna run.
我跑过去吧
No you're not. I can run fast.
不行,我跑得很快的,
You can't get out of the car without me.
你不能独自下车
I see you thinking about it.
看得出来你在想跑过去
Do not do it.
想都别想
What are you putting that in your pocket for?
你把手机放口袋里干嘛
Motherfucker!
我勒个去
Get back here! You are not safe out here!
回来,外面不安全
McAvoy get back! God damn it.
麦卡沃伊,回来,该死的
Sir is there a problem? There's a guy running west.
先生,有事吗,有人往西跑了,
He's gonna go north on 5th. Just calm down.
他会在第五街转北走,请冷静,
I'm calm Officer. But that man cannot...
我很冷静,警官,但那人不...
Please step back in your vehicle. The keys are inside.
请退回到你的车里,钥匙在车里面,
Could you just move it over to the side?
你们能把它移到路边吗
I'm private security. Calm down and step back.
我是私人保镖,冷静,后退,
Please listen to me.
请听我讲
Turn around and place your hands on the car.
转过身去,把双手放在车上
Officer. Turn around and place your hands on the car.
警官,转过身去,把双手放在车上,
I'm gonna kill him. What was that?
我要杀了他,你说什么,
Officers I'm armed. He said he's armed.
警官,我有枪,他说他有枪,
Put your hands on the car. I'm licensed to carry.
双手放在车上,我有持枪执照,
And there's a weapon currently on your person?
武器在你身上吗
Under my jacket on my left side.
外套左边口袋里
It's loaded with the safety on.
装了子弹,上了保险
My carry permit's in my back right pocket.
我的持枪执照在右边黑色钱包里
I work for Blue North Security and my client is at large.
我在北蓝保全公司工作,我的客户跑了
You're a big guy okay?
你个子很大
Don't do anything that's gonna make us nervous.
别做任何让我们紧张的事,好吗
Nothing I can do about being big and black at the same time.
又黑又壮,可不是我的错
You guys you can sit anywhere over here.
你们俩,可以到那边坐坐
The kitchen is back there with...
厨房就在那里,里面有...
with uh... PopTarts.
有...果酱馅饼
Why did you choose PopTarts?
为什么是果酱馅饼
I don't know but you were never gonna finish that sentence.
不知道,我只是看你说不下去了
Just sit tight. And remember
别乱跑,并且记住
you're not gonna hear please and thank you a lot.
不会有人和你说什么"请"和"谢谢"
How long does it take to get the studio warmed up?
演播室多久能准备好
15 minutes. And the control room is warming up right now.
15分钟,控制室也在准备中,
You talking to DC?
你跟华盛顿联系了吗
They'll start rolling coverage in 20 minutes.
他们将在20分钟后开始直播
Of what? A live shot of the White House.
播什么,白宫的现场实况,
Let them know New York's running this
告诉他们,纽约会报道
and they don't say a word until Charlie says okay.
未经查理同意,他们一个字都不许说
Any idea when we're breaking?
那我们何时开始报道
President speaks in 45 minutes.
总统将在45分钟后讲话
If we know something before then we'll go.
若能在此之前确认消息,我们就报
Gary. Have you tried Gary?
格雷,你找过格雷了吗
Quiet. Quiet!
安静,给我安静
Let's get organized.
我们梳理一下
What exactly do we know? And I mean know.
我们现在知道些什么,我是指"知道"
The president is speaking at 10:30 on a matter of national security.
总统将于十点半,就国家安全问题发表讲话
What else? That's it.
还有呢,就这么多,
Okay that's exactly what we knew 20 minutes ago.
20分钟前,我们也知道这么多
Just to be clear he's breaking into the networks too.
补充一下,他把电视网的节目也叫停了
That's "Desperate Housewives"
《绝望主妇》
"Celebrity Apprentice" "Brothers and Sisters."
《名人学徒》《兄弟姐妹》
That's a ton of money in ad givebacks. This can't wait till the morning.
宁愿退还一大笔广告费,也不能拖到明早
It's bin Laden Mac.
一定是本·拉登
We want it to be bin Laden.
我们希望是本·拉登
Let's not let the wish be the father of the thought.
不要被希望牵着鼻子走
Obviously we're pursuing bin Laden.
本·拉登必然要跟进
But let's just talk about what else it could be.
但还可能是什么情况
Gaddafi. Follow it. Put together a team out there.
卡扎菲,建个组,跟进,
A foreign attack.
外来袭击
No one at State or DOD is talking right?
国务院和国防部都没有消息,不是吗
If they're not clamming up they honestly don't know anything.
他们要么是口风紧,要么就是真不知情
Who did the Santa Tracker story at Christmas? Anyone?
当时谁做的"追踪圣诞老人"那条新闻
When we get the NORAD on the phone
我们当时打电话给北美防空司令部
they report they're tracking a big sled with reindeer.
他们说正在追踪圣诞老人的驯鹿雪橇
I did. Get him on the phone.
我做的,打电话给他,
You think the Santa guy is gonna know something?
你觉得追踪圣诞老人的人,可能知道点什么
I'd be pretty surprised but I'm not doing nothing.
也许是异想天开,但总好过干等着
What about outside the box? Way way outside the box?
发散下思维,发散到外太空去
Ahem all right. Here I go. What?
我有想法,什么,
A study published in the "Astrophysical Journal" estimates
《天体物理学》的一项研究成果称
there are 10 trillion planetary systems in the known universe.
宇宙中存在着十万亿个行星系统
Which one are you from? She said outside the box.
你来自哪颗星,她说要发散思维,
Then she added way way outside the box.
还说要发散到外太空去
Besides the near certainty
几乎可以确定
that intelligent life exists outside this planet...
在地球之外,存在着智能生命
Are you suggesting that we've made contact with beings from another planet?
你认为人类已经与外星生物取得联系了吗
Is that your suggestion?
你是想说这个吗
You said way outside the box. Come back in the box.
是你说要发散到外太空,回到地球来,
The birth certificate. What about it?
出生证,怎么了,
What if the long form's a forgery and the president's resigning?
也许是总统因伪造出生证明而被迫辞职
I think it's more likely ET is standing on the Truman Balcony.
我宁愿相信外星人正站在白宫杜鲁门阳台上
So should I follow... No.
那我就...别
Where's Will?
威尔去哪儿了
Okay where's Elliot?
埃利奥特呢
Elliot Sloan and Don...
埃利奥特,斯隆还有唐
we're able to communicate with them
我们能联系到他们
but they're stuck on the tarmac at LaGuardia.
但他们正困在拉瓜迪亚的机场跑道上
All right Maggie dust off the obit packages for bin Laden.
玛姬,拟好本·拉登的死亡通告
Tess you're on Gaddafi. Okay.
特丝,你负责卡扎菲,好的,
Jim do what you do and get us new information
吉姆,尽你所能,弄些新情报
and get the bookers to line up our National Security guys.
让统筹赶紧联系国安局的人
You can start with Mike Tapley who's available.
从麦克·塔普莱开始,他有空
Let's go.
做事
What?
怎么
The president's gonna tell us what's going on at 10:30.
十点半总统就会发表讲话
He's gonna tell us. What's the virtue of breaking it five minutes early?
他马上要宣布了,提前五分钟的意义何在
America thinks bin Laden's alive.
举国上下都以为本·拉登还活着
If I can make him dead one minute sooner
我哪怕能让他早死一分钟
my entire life in journalism up until this point will have been worth it.
这么多年的记者生涯,就没白费
All right.
那好吧
I got a White House usher who says
有个白宫接待员说
they're bringing a backup generator into the East Room.
他们正在东厅安置备用发电机(白宫东厅为白宫最大最气派的厅堂,供总统宣誓就职仪式,记者招待会,圣诞舞会等使用)
Mac he's speaking from the East Room.
麦肯,他在东厅讲话
Presidents don't announce bad news from the East Room.
坏消息一向都不会在东厅宣布
They do it from the Oval Office or the Briefing Room.
而是在总统办公室,或新闻发布室
All right good. Listen...
很好,那么...
you don't think there's any chance it's a UFO do you?
你觉得会不会跟飞碟有关
Keep it together would you?
你醒醒吧
She's in the bathroom. Thanks.
她去洗手间了,多谢,
What do you have?
你那有什么消息
What is this your boyfriend?
怎么,他是你男朋友吗
Yes. No. Yes.
对,不是,是,
Look I'm not the kind of guy that likes to play games.
听着,我不赞成人们玩弄感情
He's with Maggie. Thanks Pete.
他女友是玛姬,谢谢关心,皮特,
What'd you find? According to FlyersRights.Org
你查到什么,旅客权益网说,
we can download a petition demanding we be allowed off the plane
可以下载一份申请,要求离开飞机
but it's not clear how many signatures we need.
不过上面没说需要多少人的签名
We don't have time to circulate a petition. What else you got?
哪有功夫收集签名,还有别的吗
A website that lists seven ways to get kicked off a plane
网上有列举,被赶下飞机的七种方法
including shouting loud
包括,大声宣扬
unpopular political views. I can do that.
非主流政治观点,这倒是可行,
Being dressed in an inappropriately revealing manner.
着装过分暴露
Take off your clothes. You take off your clothes.
把你衣服脱了,脱你自己的,
I guess I'm stuck with the tiebreaker.
平局,看来决定权在我了
Lester I'm gonna lose my shit on you.
莱斯特,别怪我对你不客气
Generator in the East Room. It's not bad news.
讲话在东厅,不是坏消息,
Uh Elliot let's try...
埃利奥特,咱们试试...
Boy that Genghis Khan had some pretty good ideas.
成吉思汗是个大英雄(大声宣扬非主流政治观点)
You see what happened? Yes.
瞧,出事了吧,没错,
The worst thing that could possibly happen.
真是出大事了
I fell down and guess what nobody died.
我摔了,猜猜怎样,没人上西天
Get in your seat fasten your seat belt.
回到座位上,系紧安全带
Sure but I might need to see that demonstration again
没问题,但我得再看一遍演示
'cause I've never seen a seat belt before.
因为我从没见过安全带,
He's stopping.
停下来了
The gate's right there. It's right out the window.
舱门就在那儿,就在窗外
I can see it. I'm practically touching it right now.
我能看见了,都能摸着了
Take it easy. It's right there!
冷静点,就在那儿,
Well folks this is the captain.
伙计们,我是机长
Good news our gate has opened up. Thank you.
好消息是舱门已经打开,谢天谢地,
But this is a towin gate. No!
但需要拖车把飞机拖到门前,不
So it'll be just a few more minutes.
所以还要再等几分钟
Let me out! Let me out
让我出去,让我出去
and I will push the plane to the gate.
我来把飞机推到舱门
Maggie's a lucky girl.
玛姬真是幸运啊
No one's asked us to switch over to the Emergency Broadcasting System
没人让我们切换到紧急广播系统
so there isn't a North Korean missile headed towards San Diego.
所以不是朝鲜导弹飞向圣地亚哥
No one knows anything at the CDC
疾病控制中心没有丝毫消息
so a vial of smallpox hasn't been dropped
所以没有人把天花病毒
in the middle of Madison Square Garden.
洒到麦迪逊广场花园
We have a computer that monitors all the police scanners
我们有台电脑监控所有警方无线电
and listens for certain words.
并注意特定关键词
There's been no act of domestic terrorism
所以没有发生国内恐怖袭击
though there is a frat party at Michigan State
不过,密西根州立大学有个兄弟会派对
that's about to get broken up.
快要被警方打断了
You guys know it's bin Laden don't you?
你们知道就是本·拉登,是不是
Believe me when we know it's bin Laden you'll know.
如果确定是本·拉登,会告诉你们的
I'd have expected it to be a lot more chaotic.
本以为这里会混乱得多
Since the first day Mackenzie got here
自从麦肯兹第一天上任
we've been practicing this once a month. We do dry runs.
我们每月都要进行一次演习
Obviously there are always wild cards you can't predict.
因为总有意料之外的事情会发生
Hey little buddy.
小盆友
Oh boy. Are you alright?
天哪,你没事吧,
Yeah. Mac's been worried.
没事,麦肯正担心呢,
We got stuck in some traffic so I ran here.
堵车了,我是跑来的
We've been calling.
我们一直在给你打电话
I thought it would be better to keep running than answer the phone.
我觉得与其接电话,不如早点跑过来
What's that?
那是什么
I stopped to get a falafel.
我半路停下,买了个沙拉三明治
I'm just gonna...
我要把它...
Good. Thanks. Anything new?
很好,多谢,有什么新进展
It's bin Laden or Gaddafi.
不是本·拉登就是卡扎菲
And the White House pushed it 15 minutes to 10:45.
还有白宫推迟了15分钟,10点45开始
God. Have you ever noticed
老天,你有没有发现
how we've never been able to agree on a way to spell Gaddafi?
卡扎菲的拼法,从来没有统一过(卡扎菲的"卡"字的英文拼写,"Qa" "Ka" "G." "Qa" "Ka" "G.")
Will are you able to...
威尔,你可以...
Gaddafi would have been a NATO operation.
抓捕卡扎菲,必然是北约的行动
I've spoken with Wesley Clark
我和韦斯利·克拉克通过话
who called NATO HQ in Brussels. They don't know anything.
他打给布鲁塞尔总部,没有任何消息
You've already spoken to NATO HQ?
你已经和北约总部通过话了
When I was getting the falafel.
买沙拉三明治的时候
Kaylee.
凯莉
I need to be able to count on your discretion.
我需要你把嘴封得牢牢地
You can't imagine how important this night is.
你没法想象,今晚有多重要
You're gonna be great.
你会很棒的
Just keep drinking water.
多喝点水
All right.
好吧
So I'm gonna go in my office and...
那我就回办公室,然后...
take it from there.
再说了
So if it's not Gaddafi doesn't that mean...
既然不是卡扎菲,是不是说...
Like I said when we have it confirmed you'll know it.
我说过,消息一旦确认就会告诉你们
Go back to work.
回去工作吧
Yeah.
好
You can see the Press Briefing Room is empty.
你可以看到白宫新闻室是空的
The White House Press Corps is starting to arrive on the scene
白宫记者团开始到达现场
but they're staking out positions near the northwest executive entrance.
但他们却在西北入口附近徘徊
Mac can you hear me? Yup.
麦肯,能听到我说话吗,可以,
Keith Urbahn
凯斯·厄本
who's the Chief of Staff for Donald Rumsfeld
前国防部长,拉姆斯菲尔德的幕僚长
has tweeted the following:
发了以下推特
"So I'm told by a reputable person
"可靠人士告知,
they have killed Osama bin Laden. Hot damn."
奥萨玛·本·拉登被杀了,真他妈爽"
We got the tweet. We want to report it.
我们看到推特了,我们想报导,
You can't do it. We're not gonna say confirmed.
不行,我们不会说是确切新闻,
We just want to report the tweet.
我们只是报导这条推特
Jane this is double confirmation territory
简,这类事必须有两个来源确认
and we don't even have one yet. The tweet is reportable.
我们一个都没有,推特也能报导,
Do you know how many tweets there are out there?
你知道网上有多少推特吗
Just one from the Chief of Staff to the former Secretary of Defense.
可只有一条是来自前国防部长的幕僚长
I'm sorry you're gonna have to keep vamping.
对不起,你只能继续现编词
We've got a package on past live addresses from the East Room.
我们有条东厅的现场拍摄录像
We'll shoot it to you. Mac
马上给你发过去,麦肯,
we're eight blocks from the White House.
我们离白宫只隔了八条街
We'd like to report some news.
我们想报道些新闻
Then go get some Jane.
那就去搞些新闻来,简
Will's here.
威尔来了
Mac? Back to you Jane.
麦肯,转回给你,简,
The president was scheduled to address the nation at 10:30.
总统原定于10点半进行的全国电视讲话
But we have been told it will be closer to 10:45.
已确认将延迟至10点45分
If you're just joining us I'll recap everything we're able to report.
如果您刚打开电视,我将回顾一遍最新消息
It shouldn't take long.
内容很短
Thank God. Where have you been?
谢天谢地,你刚才去哪了
There was construction. I have to get on the air.
道路施工,我马上要直播
What do you want to say? It's not Gaddafi.
你想怎么说,跟卡扎菲无关,
We've got NATO saying it's not Libya.
北约方面称,跟利比亚无关
And we've got London and Paris saying it's not Gaddafi.
伦敦和巴黎也表示与卡扎菲无关
It's not Gaddafi. So who's saying it is?
不是卡扎菲,谁说是的,
Continuing what we have assumed that Gaddafi...
假定是卡扎菲...(电视上是FOX新闻台主播,杰拉尔多·瑞弗拉)
it has something to do with Gaddafi.
事情牵涉到卡扎菲
Do you agree with the general that the war in Libya
你认为利比亚的战争
will continue or do you think that the death of Gaddafi...
会持续下去吗,又或者卡扎菲之死...
Jesus Christ.
上帝啊
Let them know New York is ready.
通知华盛顿,纽约这边准备就绪
I'm just gonna go on say it's not Libya
我上电视宣布,与利比亚无关
and then throw it back to Washington
然后再切回华盛顿
until we have a double confirmation. Good.
直至找到两个确认源,很好,
Okay so let's let them know New York is ready.
通知华盛顿,纽约这边准备就绪
I'm just gonna go on say it's not Libya
我上电视宣布,与利比亚无关
and then throw it back to washington until we have double confirmation.
然后再切回华盛顿,直至找到两个确认源
You just said that.
你刚说过一遍了
You all right?
你没事吧
I just think this is some kind of trick tie.
我觉得这条领带有问题
I can't get it to... What's the problem?
我没法...你怎么了
I can't remember how to tie a Windsor knot.
我不记得怎么打温莎结了
I can tie a square knot and a sheepshank.
我会打平节跟羊角结
Will? But that's not useful right now.
威尔,但一点用处也没有,
What is wrong with you?
你到底怎么了
I'm wasted okay?
我嗑药了,行了吧
I'm completely baked. What?
我都飘起来了,什么,
I had okay listen. Oh no.
我,听着...不
No no it's okay. Oh my God.
别这样,没事的,上帝,
Listen Neal's girlfriend and you should see her
你真该见见尼尔的女友
she can play Guitar Hero blindfolded.
她可以蒙起眼睛玩《吉他英雄》
Oh my God. No you're right. It doesn't matter.
上帝啊,对,这不打紧,
Let me back it up.
听我解释
When you're pitching you have your pushoff leg and your landing leg.
投球时,一只脚支撑,一只脚落地
That landing leg as you can see takes a lot of force
投球时身体大部分重量
when you come down on it like that.
都落在着地的那只脚上
Boom. Like that. And marijuana...
砰,就像那样,而大麻...
This isn't happening. You can't do this.
见鬼了,你不能直播
I'm a medical marvel. You can't go on the air.
我是医学奇迹,你不能直播,
My body has the melatolical tolerance...
我新陈排谢能力极棒...
Metabolical. What did I say?
新陈代谢,我说成了什么,
Will! Mackenzie listen to me.
威尔,麦肯兹,听我说,
There is no way no way
我绝对,绝对不能
I'm not reporting this story.
不报道这消息
You understand right?
你懂吗
Of course.
懂
I'm not gonna let you down.
我不会让你失望的
I know.
我知道
Hey we got Obama.
嘿,我们抓到奥巴马啦(本·拉登名为奥萨马,与奥巴马相近)
Bin Laden.
是本·拉登
I got that one out of my system.
不会再犯了
Let's think of the people who would know.
想想还有谁会知道
Well POTUS. VPOTUS.
总统,副总统,
Head of JSOC. Bill McRaven.
特种作战部队司令,比尔·麦克拉文,
Gates. Panetta.
盖茨,帕内塔, 罗伯特·盖茨(当时美国国防部长,莱昂·帕内塔,当时美国中央情报局局长)
Guys. It was either Delta
两位,三角洲特种部队,
SEAL Six
海豹突击队六分队
or a bullet from the CIA. Guys.
或是中情局干的,伙计们,
What about a drone? I don't think they'd use a drone.
也许是无人机,不太可能用无人机,
They'd want an immediate positive ID.
他们必须要有人核实身份
Guys!
伙计们
What does EKIA mean?
EKIA是什么意思
It means "Enemy killed in action."
"敌人在行动中被击毙"
I have the first confirmation.
我有第一封确认了
With the White House now telling us that the president's address
白宫最新通知,总统的电视讲话
has been pushed back another 15 minutes to 11:00.
再次推迟15分钟,将于11点开始
You will know everything we know as we know it.
我们将第一时间播报最新消息
And in the meantime let's go back
现在,让我们转至
to Jane Barrow in Washington. Jane.
华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗
Don just called. We got the first confirmation.
唐打来电话说我们收到第一封确认
From who?
谁发的
Chris Harkin at CENTCOM.
中央司令部的克里斯·哈金
CENTCOM in Tampa. That's one.
第一封来自坦帕市的中央司令部
Mac we got the second confirmation.
麦肯,我们收到第二封确认
From who?
谁发的
"New York Times." You're kidding.
《纽约时报》开玩笑吧,
Helene Cooper just posted she has it from two sources.
海伦·库伯刚刚发布称,她已有两封确认
Maggie.
玛姬
We've got Chris Harkin at CENTCOM
第一封,中央司令部的克里斯·哈金
and Helene Cooper at the "New York Times."
第二封,《纽约时报》的海伦·库伯
We got him. Let's go.
我们干掉他了,开始吧,
No. What do you mean?
不行,什么意思,
We're not going yet.
现在还不能报
We've got double confirmation.
都收到两封确认了
First of all we don't.
首先,没有两封
We have Harkin at CENTCOM
只有中央司令部的哈金
and a reporter saying she has two sources.
而那记者,只是声称她有两封确认
I don't know who the sources are.
我不知道她消息的来源
It's Helene Cooper.
是海伦·库伯
It's solid. We're not going.
她靠谱的,不能报
Charlie.
查理
There's nothing wrong with waiting for the White House to tell us it's reportable.
等白宫通知说"可报"再报也不迟
This isn't Watergate. They're not the enemy.
这又不是水门事件,政府不是敌人
We don't know what's going on.
我们并不清楚原委
We sent military assets into sovereign airspace.
我们有飞机飞入外国空域
Maybe they're not out yet.
也许他们还没撤回来
Maybe someone's injured on the ground.
也许是有人在地面上受伤了
Maybe someone's been taken prisoner
也许是有人被俘虏了
and the rescue operation is underway.
正在展开救援行动
Maybe we're at war with Pakistan.
也许我们对巴基斯坦宣战了
Guys in '91
伙计们,1991年
I was cheering on my guy in Tel Aviv
我正为在特拉维夫的同事加油(特拉维夫,以色列港口城市)
who was reporting where the Scud missiles were landing.
他在报道,飞毛腿导弹会击中哪里
Turns out the Iraqis didn't know where the missiles were landing
原来伊拉克并不知道导弹会击中哪里
and I was helping them range their targets.
我的报道,却帮助他们定位了
Three killed 96 injured in that operation.
那次行动中,3人被杀,96人受伤
Geraldo's probably still up the street
杰拉尔多也许还在大街上乱嚷
saying we're in a dogfight with Finland.
我们和芬兰开始空战了呢
Whatever happened tonight
不论今晚发生了什么
I promise you
我向你们保证
lives and a presidency were put on the line.
它关系到众多生命和总统的职位
We're going to get this one right.
我们必须报道正确
And if we're two minutes late
如果我们迟了两分钟
let that be a small penance for all the ones we got wrong.
就当作是对以往错误报道的小小救赎吧
Agreed.
同意
Yes. Yes sir.
好,遵命
What's wrong with him?
他怎么了
Nothing.
没事
Charlie I do think you should tell them.
查理,你该告诉他们
That I'd love to do.
乐意之至
Can everybody quiet down?
大家安静一下
Everybody quiet down.
请大家安静
Charlie would like to tell you something.
查理有话对大家说
I need to tell you
我得告诉你们
that you're going to remember this night for the rest of your lives.
今晚注定会让你们永生难忘
It's going to be a long night
这将是一个漫长的夜晚
and we need you to work fast and we need you to work well.
我需要你们保质保量地工作
But once in a while
但是偶尔
take three seconds you can't spare more than that
花个三秒钟,再多就不行了
take three seconds to notice
花个三秒钟,留意一下
where you are
你身在何处
and what you're doing.
你在做什么
Will's gonna go on the air in a few minutes
威尔几分钟后会上节目
so that we can report
然后我们将报道
that at the order of the President of the United States
奉美利坚总统之命
US Special Forces
美国特种部队
have shot and killed Osama Bin Laden.
击毙了奥萨马·本·拉登
Get to work.
继续干活吧
You're out here.
你在这啊
Neal's looking for you.
尼尔正找你呢
I think word's starting to get out we got Gaddafi.
消息正在传开,卡扎菲被捕了
Yeah.
没错
Neal she's out here.
尼尔,她在这儿
Are you all right? Yeah.
你还好吗,还好,
Hey. You should be working.
你该回去干活啊
I told you when we knew for sure you'd know it.
我说了,一旦确定就会告诉你
Yeah.
没错
I just didn't want to be the skunk at the garden party.
我不想扫大家的兴
Why would you... You're not.
你怎么会...不会啊,
I was an idiot.
我真傻
I thought it would make me feel better when it happened.
我以为这一刻,我会好过些
Like an onoff switch. Of course it doesn't.
像开关一样,当然不会,
You knew someone in one of the Towers.
你认识在双子塔里遇难的人
Her father was a partner at Cantor Fitzgerald.
她父亲是坎托·菲茨杰拉德公司的合伙人之一
We've been celebrating around you all night.
我们整晚都在你身边庆祝
You should. Everybody should.
你应该庆祝,大家都应该
You guys should get back to work. Nah it's all right.
你们该回去工作了,不,没关系,
No I want you to.
我希望你回去
All right. I'll be right inside.
好吧,我就在里面
He wants us to wait?
他要我们等着
Until the White House says it's reportable.
直到白宫说可报
Aren't we the only ones with Harkin?
我们不是唯一得到哈金确认的吗
As far as I know.
应该是
So we are the only ones who have double confirmation?
所以我们是唯一有两封确认的媒体
As far as I know.
应该是
We're going. No.
那我们就报,不行,
The White House just pushed the speech another 15 minutes.
白宫又把讲话推迟了15分钟
We're going.
我们得赶紧报
If I have to bring Charlie in here to tell you himself
如果我让查理亲自来跟你说
he's gonna do it in a different voice.
他可就不是这种口气了
Washington's keeping the audience warm for Will.
我这儿一直吊着观众的胃口,给威尔暖场
We're getting our facts straight.
我们在确认
We got bin Laden what do you want?
我们击毙了本·拉登,你还想怎么确认
For one thing I don't want
首先,我不希望报道得像
it reported like the Redskins won the Super Bowl.
华盛顿红人队赢得了超级碗似的
I don't believe you people.
你们怎能这样
We're waiting for the White House to tell us it's reportable.
要等白宫通知说可报,才能报
We're not. Jane. Jane!
我们不等了,简,简,
Okay I've just received... Cut the fiber from Washington.
我刚刚收到...切断华盛顿的信号
It'll go black. Yeah.
会黑屏的,对,
Cut the fiber. Copy.
切断信号,收到,
You think she got the message yet?
你觉得她明白了吗
Couple of more seconds. Okay.
再等几秒钟,好,
Bring 'em back.
切回来
Hi. Damn it Mac.
你好啊,你狠,麦肯,
Move one inch in that direction again
再多说一个字
and you're blacked out for the night.
你就等着整晚黑屏吧
The decision to go
是否报道
will be made by the president of the news division Charlie Skinner.
将由新闻部主席查理·斯金纳决定
And the announcement will be made
而宣告这一消息的
by the face and voice of Atlantis Cable News Will McAvoy.
将是ACN的招牌主播,威尔·麦卡沃伊
Keep an eye on her.
盯着她
What are you working on?
你在干嘛
Will asked me to look over his intro copy.
威尔让我帮他检查他的开场词
Wow that's a compliment.
他很赞赏你呢
I know Charlie's right but I wish we'd get on there.
查理说得对,但我好希望能现在就播报
This is just counterintuitive.
这么做太背离我的本性了
So's Lisa being attracted to you
这就好比利萨对你着迷
but you still have to deal with that.
但你还是得来个了断一样
Are you kidding? I'm not doing it tonight.
开什么玩笑,我才不会今晚提
You have to. Tonight?
你非提不可,非得今晚,
You can't sleep with her again.
你不能再和她上床了
Why are you sure I would?
你凭什么认为我会
"She is very sexy because of her sexy sexiness "
她特别性感,她那性感的气质,
and the very sexual sexiocity of the..." Fine.
性感的这,性感的那,好吧,
Tell me what you're gonna say.
你打算怎么说
I'm not gonna tell you what I'm gonna say.
我才不会告诉你
You need to rehearse.
你需要排练
I don't need to rehearse. You're gonna be like "Spiderman"?
我不需要排练,你想跟《蜘蛛侠》一样吗,
I'd love to. The musical.
我很乐意,我说的是音乐剧,
They didn't have enough rehearsal and actors died Jim.
他们排练得不够,结果演员死了,吉姆(演出时,蜘蛛侠及女友从高处摔落)
They lost their lives.
把命给丢了
I don't think anybody died.
我不记得有闹出人命
Well they got bruised pretty bad.
至少,他们摔得都不轻
So tell me what you're gonna say.
快告诉我,你打算怎么说
Lisa you kind of took me by surprise last night when you told...
利萨,昨晚我被你吓了一跳,你说...
Shh shh she's coming over. Dummy up.
她要过来了,快住口
Okay. Thank God we're not in the middle of breaking news.
幸好现在没有什么爆炸性新闻
You mind if I talk to Jim a second?
我能和吉姆单独说两句吗
No. I'll be right there at my desk.
没问题,我马上回我的办公桌
It's right there. Where?
就在那,哪里,
Right there.
就在那
I'm sorry where? Okay.
在哪啊,好吧,
It's too bad the SEALs are in Pakistan tonight.
真不凑巧,海豹突击队今晚在巴基斯坦
Because they'd be getting some mad ass
他们假如在纽约市
if they were in New York City.
那可有享不尽的艳福了
Lisa I... This is the worst possible time
利萨,我...这时机可真不好,
but I feel ridiculous
可我忍不住了
because you guys are talking about me and I'm standing there.
我就站在那儿,你们还在背后议论我
No we weren't.
不,我们没有
We weren't talking...
我们没在说...
Last night I said something
我昨晚说了句话
that forced you to say it too and that's not fair.
还强迫你也说,这是不公平的
I didn't feel forced.
你并没有强迫我
This was a fixup that you never wanted
本来你就不想被牵线搭桥
and it went too far and now I have to let you off the hook
我拖了你太久,现在必须让你解脱
because you're so nice
因为你人太好
that we'd be searching for preschools
等到我们孩子都上幼儿园了
before I realized that you were just being polite.
我都不会明白,你只是礼貌迁就而已
I'm breaking up with you.
我要和你分手
Just say okay.
就说,好
I really did like you.
我真的喜欢过你
Just say okay.
就说,好
Okay.
好
Okay.
很好
Um I'm gonna go talk to spy girl.
现在我要去找女间谍了
Get to work. That's an order.
干活去,这是命令
And thanks for bringing me here for this.
谢谢带我来这里,听到了拉登的消息
Look I... Work.
我...干活
What happened?
发生了什么
I broke up with him. He did?
我和他分手了,他居然
I mean you did? What?
我是说,你居然,什么
I saw your face when I was talking on the phone
他在电话里说"我爱你"的时候
and he said "I love you."
我看到了你的表情
He said "I do too." And what are you talking about?
他说的是"我也是"你想说什么
I'm not doing this to you anymore.
我不能继续这样对待你
You're not doing anything to me. I've got Don.
你什么都没做,我已经有唐了
I shouldn't even be standing here. I'm with Don.
我真不该来这,我和唐在一起,
I saw your face. Come with me.
我看到了你的表情,跟我来,
James Tiberius Harper.
詹姆斯·提比略·哈珀
Not my middle name.
那不是我的中间名
Lisa is no is under the impression
利萨,别走,她认为
that you broke up with her because you have feelings for me.
你和她分手是因为你喜欢我
I didn't break up with her at all.
我根本没说要和她分手
But you were about to. Any reason she needed to know that?
但你本打算,有必要让她知道吗,
She already knew. This isn't at all embarrassing.
她早就知道,真是一点也不丢人,
And she is under the impression that I also have feelings for you.
她还认为,我也喜欢你
Did you hear we killed bin Laden?
你们听到本·拉登的死讯了吗
We're in a holding pattern.
我们正处于暂停状态
Now can we please state clearly
现在,我们能否明白无误
unambiguously and for the record
直截了当地公开声明
that neither of us likes the other in any romantic context?
我们从没产生任何男女之情
I so state. As do I!
我声明,我也是,
You guys can't begin to imagine how unconvincing that was.
你们没觉得,这话一点说服力都没有吗
Is it all right if I stay for the president's address?
我能不能留下,看总统的讲话
Yes.
可以
But we're not nearly done talking about this yet.
但我们这事儿还没完
Maggie I need you. Not nearly done.
玛姬,能过来一下吗,还没完,
I'll be over there out of the way.
我去那边,不耽误你了
Wait I... Just say okay.
等等,我...就说,好
Okay.
好
I'm the guy who wins the lottery and loses the ticket.
我就像赢了大奖,却丢了彩票
Biggest story in a generation and I'm a spectator.
这是世纪头条,我却成了观众
You are not a spectator. We are locked on a plane
你不是观众,我们虽然困在飞机里
and we still helped put it together.
但我们帮着一起,做出了新闻
That's pretty good.
我们很厉害
What is this compulsion you have to look on the bright side?
你总想着好的一面,这是什么强迫症
I can never count on you to be Jewish.
一点都不像个犹太人
If it helps we should probably be concerned about violent retaliation.
我们可能会遭到武力报复,满意了吧
That does help man. Thanks.
舒服多了,谢谢
My regret is that I'd like to have been with my wife for this.
我后悔的是,听到消息时没和老婆在一起
Tell her to wake up the kids bring them down to the studio.
让她把孩子叫醒,一起来演播室
We'd all watch together.
全家人一起看
Yes I'd like to be with your wife too.
是啊,我也想和你老婆一起
I'd like to be in the newsroom
我想待在新闻编辑室里
with Will and Charlie and her and you.
和威尔,查理,她和你一起
And Maggie. I said Maggie.
还有玛姬,我刚说了玛姬,
No you didn't. You didn't.
你没说,你确实没说,
So you have to ask yourself
所以,你得想想
what happens when you and Maggie break up
要是你和玛姬分手了会怎么样
which you know is going to happen
你知道你们肯定会分手的
and Jim's with someone else.
而吉姆还另有所属
We were talking that loud?
我们说话有那么大声吗
Over Delaware after the second scotch.
特拉华州上空,你酒过两杯之后就开始了
There's passengers in row 22 who know about you Maggie and Jim.
第22排的乘客都知道你,玛姬和吉姆
True story. Shut up.
真的,闭嘴,
Excuse me I've got a text message saying
打断一下,我收到一条短信说
the president is speaking tonight in a few minutes.
总统几分钟后要发表讲话
Do you know anything about this?
你知道些什么吗
The Internet says he's speaking
网上说
on a matter of grave national security.
他将就重大国家安全问题发表讲话
Yeah I've got the same thing.
是啊,我也收到了
I've got a flight that's been cancelled.
我听说有一架航班被取消了
Does that have anything to do with what you were talking...
这和你们讨论的有关系...
Has there been a terrorist attack? No.
是不是有恐怖袭击了,不是,
Wait there's been a terrorist attack?
什么,发生恐怖袭击了
No there hasn't.
没有,没有发生
I've got an email saying we're at war with Libya.
我收到邮件说,我们和利比亚开战了
Nope.
没有
You guys know what's going on don't you?
你们知道发生了什么事,是吧
Folks there hasn't been a terrorist attack.
大伙,没发生什么恐怖袭击
None of your friends and family are in danger.
你们的家人朋友都很安全
The president will be speaking in just a few minutes.
总统几分钟后就会发表讲话
No.
停下
Listen they're just nervous.
听着,他们都很紧张
I don't care. You do not take over control of the cabin.
我不管,你不能控制机舱乘客
They're getting emails and going online and seeing...
他们收到各种邮件,在网上看到...
You do not take over control of the cabin ever.
你不能控制机舱乘客
Now sit down and... Ma'am no...
坐下,女士,别这样,
You know I'm gonna getting the captain.
我要去找机长了
Yeah get the captain
很好,找机长去吧
'cause I'd like to have a word with him.
我还想找他说两句呢,
The seat belt while we're standing still is one thing
停着不动还不准解安全带是其一
but how paranoid do you have to be to think
但你是疯成什么样,才会觉得
that I'm declaring myself in charge of the...
我在宣告控制...
Is there a problem sir? Yeah
有什么问题吗,先生,当然有,
I was asking how paranoid you have to...
我刚还在问呢,你是疯成什么样...
you have to be... Sir?
什么样...先生
Sir?
先生
Captain my name is Don Keefer.
机长,我的名字叫唐·基佛
That's Elliot Hirsch
这位是埃利奥特·赫什
and that's Sloan Sabbith.
这位是斯隆·莎碧斯
We work for Atlantis Cable News.
我们供职于亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻
And we wanted you and your first officer
我们希望您和副机长
and Flight Attendant Crazy Lady
以及空服员疯子小姐
to be the first ones on this plane to know
成为飞机上第一批知道这消息的人
that our armed forces
我们的军队
killed Osama bin Laden for you tonight.
今晚为你们杀死了奥萨马·本·拉登
You're serious?
真的吗
Yes sir.
是的,先生
We reported the news.
我们还是报道这条新闻了
Sorry I thought it was a spider.
抱歉,我以为是蜘蛛
Tapping you on the shoulder?
蜘蛛能拍你肩膀
Not everything makes sense. Most things do.
并非事事都符合常理,大多都是啊,
Look can I say something?
我能说几句吗
You have to get the last word too?
你还要最后说几句吗
This never would have worked.
我们俩本来就不可能
I want to find out.
试了才知道
Yes this was a fixup that I didn't want.
的确,这次牵线我本来不想要的
And Maggie forced Valentine's Day on me.
情人节也是玛姬强迫我的
And there was a certain amount of...
而且我做了一些...
cowardly behavior disguised as politeness.
懦夫行为,还自诩是礼貌
But now I'd like to ask you out on a first date.
但现在,我希望你能跟我初次约会
A complete doover.
彻底重新来过
I like you and I'm asking you out on a date.
我喜欢你,我要和你约会
Took your breath away didn't I?
大吃一惊吧
Now I get to make a cool exit.
现在我可以华丽退场了
Less cool because you said so.
说出来就不华丽了哟
McAvoy! You don't have to shout.
麦卡沃伊,别吼了,
You haven't heard me shout. Where is he?!
你还没听过我真正吼过呢,他在哪里
Lonny. Good evening officers.
朗尼,晚上好,警官们
Uhoh. There's no way they can know right?
他们不可能看得出来吧
No. Can we help you?
不会,有何贵干,
Mr. McAvoy you know this man?
麦卡沃伊先生,你认识这人吗
Of course he's a very famous jockey.
当然啦,他是个有名的驾驶员啊
Sir we'd appreciate your cooperation.
先生,请您配合
He's my bodyguard
他是我的保镖
and I ran out of the car because we were stuck in traffic
我从车里跑出来,因为我们堵在路上了
and chances are he abandoned the car to try to protect me
我估计他下了车,想要保护我
'cause he's good at his job.
因为他恪尽职守,
He's also a former MP in the US Army
他还曾在陆军部队当过宪兵
so I want to tell him something. Lonny come here.
所以我有话跟他说,朗尼,过来
You should tell them.
你应该告诉他们(因为他们是纽约警察)
You should tell them.
该由你告诉他们
Officers...
警官们...
I have some news for you.
有个新闻要告诉你们
This is Charlie Skinner.
我是查理·斯金纳
So we've established trust?
我们建立信任了吧
Is this Late For Dinner?
你是"不速之客"
Yeah.
是我
You work for the White House or DOD?
你在白宫还是国防部工作
Neither.
都不是
You've been calling me on a cell phone.
你一直在拿手机给我打电话
There are about 19 different ways...
我有19种方法...
The calls are encrypted.
通话都加密了
I know how to find out who I am but you don't.
我懂得如何查出我是谁,但你不懂
So you're with the NSA? I am.
你是国家安全局的,是的,
I'm with a unit that's been monitoring illegal electronic surveillance.
我的小组负责监测,非法电子监视
By whom? By AWM.
谁的非法监视,AWM的
"News of the World" isn't the only tabloid
《世界新闻报》不是唯一一家,
that figured out how to hack a phone.
懂得窃听手机的小报
If you're fucking around with me...
如果你是在搞恶作剧...
I think by now you know I'm not.
你现在应该清楚,我不是
You've got a big night ahead of you.
今晚是个大日子
We'll talk again. When?
我们以后再聊,什么时候,
When I want to.
等我想聊的时候
AWM owns a tabloid magazine "TMI."
AWM持有一家叫TMI的小报杂志
Are you saying you have evidence
你是想说,你有证据
that they've been engaging in the same kind of...
证明他们从事非法...
you're not there are you?
你已经挂了,是吧
Charlie.
查理
Charlie?
查理
What if I told you that bin Laden wasn't the only story we got tonight?
也许本·拉登不是今晚唯一的故事
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
Don't worry about it.
没什么
I think we should go.
我们该报了
Jay Carney or someone's office would have sent us an email saying reportable.
若消息属实,杰·卡尔尼会发来邮件确认可报(白宫新闻发言人)
They also would have called us begging us not to report it.
他同时还会打电话来,求我们不要报
I'm unwilling to take that chance.
我不愿冒险
When was the last time you checked your emails?
你上次检查邮件是什么时候
15 seconds ago. When was the last time you did?
15秒前,你上次检查是什么时候,
Look at your BlackBerry.
看你的黑莓
Press the buttons! Sure.
按亮它,好,
Okay not tonight but in days to come you'll look back
过了今晚,以后你们回想起这一刻时
and think that this moment was funny.
一定会觉得很好笑
It's from 20 minutes ago. Yeah.
20分钟前发来的,没错,
What's it say?
写的什么
"OBL reportable. Knock 'em dead just like we did."
"拉登可报,像我们从前那样,把观众震翻吧"
Who's it from?
谁发来的
Joe Biden. Are you kidding me?!
乔·拜登,你开玩笑的吧
We used to play softball together when he was in the Senate.
他还是参议员时,我们常一起打垒球
He knows something about the landing leg.
他对落地腿很有研究
Get on the air!
快去直播
We're going!
立刻直播
When did you turn into Ted Baxter?
你什么时候变成特德·巴克斯特了
Oh come on. Enjoy the moment.
人生得意须尽欢
Herb have Washington throw it to us in 30 seconds.
赫布,让华盛顿30秒后插播我们
Copy that. DC control you're gonna throw it here in 30.
收到,华盛顿控制室,请30秒后开始插播
Good thinking.
好想法
Let's see the banner. Right here.
看一下版头,好
In five.
倒数五秒
Do it for me Will.
为我而做吧,威尔
Good evening.
晚上好
From New York City I'm Will McAvoy.
这里是纽约,我是威尔·麦卡沃伊
ACN is now able to report and confirm
ACN终于可以报道,并确认
that for the first time in almost three decades
三十年以来,世界可以首次
the world has no reason to fear Osama bin Laden.
不再畏惧奥萨马·本·拉登
In just a moment in a live address to the nation
在稍后的全国直播中
the president will announce
总统将会宣告
that in a coordinated operation under the cover of darkness
在一项行动中,在夜幕的掩护下
US Special Forces tonight
美军特种部队,于今晚
killed the leader of alQaeda
杀死了"基地"组织的首领
and the mastermind behind the deadly attack of September 11th 2001.
2001年9/11恐怖事件的幕后主导
It's been nine years seven months and 20 days
九年七个月20天前
since America's most wanted criminal took from us
美国头号通缉犯夺去了
2977 American sons and daughters
2977位美国儿女,
fathers and mothers friends and colleagues.
父母,朋友和同事的生命
We were transformed that morning into a different nation
那天早晨,改变了这个国家
more fearful and so of course more hostile.
加深了我们心中的恐惧,也加深了敌意
And while nothing
然而,没有任何东西
not even this victory our country has waited for for such a long time
哪怕是我们等待了如此之久的这场胜利
can bring back the souls lost on that terrible morning
都无法挽回那个悲惨早晨,我们失去的生命
in New York City in Virginia
在纽约市,在弗吉尼亚州
in a field in Pennsylvania
在宾夕法尼亚州的旷野上
and all across America and the world
在全美以及全世界
let tonight serve as a welcome reminder
让今晚成为一个可喜的提醒
that throughout our history
纵观我国的历史
America's darkest days have always
最黑暗的日子过后
been followed by its finest hours.
都将迎来最光明的未来
Here now from the East Room of the White House
现在,来自白宫东厅
the President of the United States.
美利坚合众国总统
Good evening.
晚上好
Tonight I can report to the American people and to the world
今夜,我终于能向美国人民和全世界宣布
that the United States has conducted an operation
美国指挥的一项行动
that killed Osama bin Laden
已成功击毙奥萨马·本·拉登
the leader of alQaeda
"基地"组织的头目
and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands
这名恐怖分子背负着上千条
of innocent men women and children.
无辜美国男女儿童的生命
It was nearly 10 years ago
近十年前
that a bright September day was darkened
九月的一天,明媚的阳光
by the worst attack on the American people in our history.
被美国有史以来最惨重的恐怖袭击所遮蔽
The images of 9/11 are seared into our national memory.
9/11事件的情景,烙在了全国人民的记忆中
Hijacked planes cutting through a cloudless September sky.
被劫持的飞机划过万里无云的九月晴空
The Twin Towers collapsing to the ground.
双子塔轰然倒塌
Black smoke billowing up from the Pentagon.
五角大楼冒出浓浓黑烟
The wreckage of Flight 93 in Shanksville Pennsylvania
宾夕法尼亚93航班的残骸
where the actions of heroic citizens
93航班上乘客们的英勇行为
saved even more heartbreak and destruction.
阻止了更严重的伤亡和破坏
And yet we know that the worst images
然而我们知道,最痛心的印象
are those that were unseen to the world.
是那些无法展示在世人面前的
The empty seat at the dinner table.
餐桌边的空座位
Children were forced to grow up without their mother or their father...
孩子们不得不在失去父母的环境中长大...