I have a question about Batman. Batman is a man who dresses up like a bat. Manbat is a part man, part bat hybrid.
我有个跟蝙蝠人有关的问题,蝙蝠人是个穿得像蝙蝠的人,人蝠是半人半蝙蝠的混种生物(与蝙蝠侠同一家公司出品的漫画人物)
Now, if ManBat dressed up as a man to fight crime, would he be ManBatman?
如果人蝠打扮成人去打击犯罪,那他会变成人蝙蝠人吗
No, he'd be BatManBat.
不会,他会变蝙蝠人蝠
But wouldn't ManBatman just be a Batman that was bitten by a radioactive man?
但是人蝙蝠人不应该是蝙蝠人被放射性人类咬过之后的样子吗
But Batman is a man. You're talking about a man who would have the powers of a man. That's just ManMan. Well, isn't ManMan just man?
但蝙蝠人本来就是人啊,你刚才说人被赋予人的能力,就像是人类吃了人人果实,但人人其实不就是人而已吗
But what if ManMan dressed as a bat?
但要是人人穿成像蝙蝠呢
Well, that's just Batman.
那就是蝙蝠人啊
No, if a man dresses as a bat, that's Batman, but if ManMan dresses as a bat, that's BatmanMan. So does that answer your question?
不对,一个人穿上蝙蝠装,那是蝙蝠人,但如果是人人穿上蝙蝠装,那就是蝙蝠人人,这样算回答了你的问题吗
Oh, I haven't asked it yet.
我还没问我的问题呢
Oh, that's Claire. Got to run.
是克莱尔,我得先走了
I thought you were back with Emily.
我还以为你跟艾米丽复合了呢
Uh, actually I'm... seeing both of them.
其实我...同时在跟她们交往(看)
You mean like through their window from behind a bush?
你是指躲在她们窗外草丛偷看的"看"吗
No, I'm actually dating two women. Later.
不是,我是指同时跟两个女生交往,回头见
Really? The guy who for years couldn't even talk to women is suddenly going out with two of them? How is that possible? I know.
不是吧,这多少年来不敢跟女人说话的人居然突然就开始脚踏两条船,这怎么可能,对啊
Scientists have tried to reproduce it with computational models, but, in each case, the world blows up.
科学家一直试图用计算模型模拟这件事,但所有尝试中,最后世界都会爆炸
Seriously, that guy's dating two women?
说真的,这家伙居然能享齐人之福
What, why did you get a party sub?
你为什么买了一个派对潜艇堡
People are coming over; it looked fun.
大家要来玩,这样感觉有意思啊
Well, we're only watching Game of Thrones. A party sub implies it's a party.
我们只是要一起看《权力的游戏》,但派对潜艇堡意味着会有派对
Your attendance implies it's not.
但你会出席已意味着不会有派对
I like a party as much as the next man, as long as the next man doesn't like a party.
我喜欢派对的程度与一个普通人无异,前提是这普通人并不喜欢派对
Oh, by the way, don't forget, tomorrow is our quarterly Roommate Agreement meeting.
对了,你别忘了,明天是我们的室友协议季度大会
Oh, Sheldon, we don't need a meeting every three months.
谢尔顿,我们不需要每三个月就开一次会吧
Well, it sounds like the kind of thing one would bring up at a quarterly Roommate Agreement meeting. Lucky for you it's tomorrow.
你这个提议感觉就很值得在明天的季度大会上提出呢,你真走运,会议刚好在明天
Oh, you know what? I'm not going.
我告诉你,我是不会参加的
Well, you have to go. It's Penny's first time leading the Pledge of Allegiance.
你必须得参加,明天是佩妮首次主持效忠宣誓呢
This meeting is a waste of time. Whether we make the switch from Post Raisin Bran to Kellogg's Raisin Bran should not require parliamentary procedure.
这个会议根本就是浪费时间,比如决定要不要从早餐谷物产品A换到产品B这种事不需要经过议会程序来定好吗
You realize one of them has sugar on the raisins.
你知道其中一款里的葡萄干上有糖吧
You're the only one who eats them!
反正都是你一个人吃啊
And yet you get to weigh in. Democracy it's pretty cool, isn't it?
而你居然有幸能提出意见呢,民主,就是这么酷,对吧
I'm not going; you can't make me.
我不参加,你也逼不了我
Well, we'll just see about that.
那我们就走着瞧
What is the problem?
怎么啦怎么啦
He says he's not coming to the Roommate Agreement meeting tomorrow.
他说明天不来参加室友协议季度大会
Well, why the hell did I memorize the Pledge?
那我不是白背了效忠宣誓词吗
You have fun. I will not be attending.
祝玩得愉快,我反正不参加
Oh, fine. We don't have to have a Roommate Agreement meeting if you don't want to.
行啊,你要是不想参加,我们以后可以不办室友协议季度大会啊
Thank you. Of course, it will require a vote. Unfortunately, my official gavel is in my bedroom, but luckily, I have my travel gavel.
谢谢,但这件事需要经过投票表决,遗憾的是,我的正式木槌放在房间里,但好在我的旅游随身木槌在这
You're being ridiculous. There's a motion on the floor, "I'm ridiculous."
你是在耍白痴,有一个动议"谢尔顿是在耍白痴"
Do we have a second? There is no second. The motion is denied. Next time, make sure you have the votes first.
有人附议吗,无人附议,动议驳回,下次请确保有人会投票
That was embarrassing. Can you please talk to him?
刚才也太丢人了,你能跟他说说吗
Well, why are you fighting him on this?
你为什么要跟他争这事啊
Because I am tired of him always getting his way. We don't need a stupid meeting.
因为我受够了什么事都得顺他意,我们又不需要这傻逼大会
We don't even need a Roommate Agreement, and I hope that sandwich does cause a party!
我们甚至都不需要狗屁《室友协议》,而且我还真希望这潜艇堡能招来派对呢
Well, I will still come to your meeting.
我还是会来参加你的大会
Well, I should hope so. Tomorrow's picture day.
希望如此啊,明天可是拍照日
Why are you taking his side?
你为什么站他那边啊
Because it's important to him, and when we signed the Roommate Agreement, we made a deal.
因为这事对他很重要,我们签署《室友协议》时,就同意了这事啊
YYou keep talking like that, you're gonna make color guard.
你再这么讲话,很快就要荣升扛旗者了
Man, I'm worn out. I know. Imagine if we were actually moving.
天啊,我真是心力交瘁,对啊,想象一下如果真像游戏里那么跑动
No, it's just, ever since I started dating Claire and Emily at the same time, it's exhausting.
不是啦,我是说自从我开始跟克莱尔和艾米丽同时交往,真是精疲力尽啊
You're exhausted? Try folding every five pages in a pregnancy book so your wife thinks you read it.
你这就精疲力尽啦,等你试过孕妇书里每五页就折个角,好让你老婆觉得你有读,你才知道累
But, dude, you're so lucky. Getting to stay home at night with the woman you love. I guess I am lucky.
但兄弟,你很幸运了,每晚能在家与你相爱的女人共度,我的确很幸运
You are, because dating two women, I mean, I can't even remember the last time I slept in my own apartment.
没错,如果你同时和两个女人约会,我是说,我都不记得上一次我睡在自己家是何年何月了
I wake up and I'm like, "Am I at Claire's or am I at Emily's? Is there a third girl I've forgotten about?" Like..."Where am I?"
我每天醒来就想,"这是克莱尔还是艾米丽家,还是某个我想不起芳名的新妞家",就像是"我在谁家香闺啊"
Hey, Raj. Hey, how's the mommytobe?
拉杰,准妈咪,你还好吗
Good. A little tired.
还好,有点小累
I feel you. I've been dating multiple women. You sure you don't want to come watch Game of Thrones with us?
我感同身受,我最近和好几个妹子约会来着,你确定不跟我们一起看《权力的游戏》吗
You guys have fun. I'm just gonna snuggle up in bed with a book.
你们自己慢慢看,我去床上窝着看书就好
Oh, that sounds great a bed to yourself. Can't even remember what that's like.
听起来好爽啊,一个人独占一张床,我都想不起那种感觉是什么样了
Are you uptodate on Game of Thrones?
你熟悉最新的《权力的游戏》剧情吗
Mm, I think so. Dragons, snow zombies, and all the hot guys are dead.
应该是吧,龙呀,雪僵尸啊,还有凡是长得帅的家伙都死了
Oh, I don't know. Theon Greyjoy looks pretty good for a guy who had his genitals cut off.
这我可不确定了,席恩·葛雷乔伊的长相对于没了小弟弟的人来说,相当不错了
Uhoh, somebody's still pouting. Leave me alone.
哎哟喂,有人还在闹小情绪呢,别管我
If it's because you lost a stick, I know where it went. Not funny.
如果是因为掉了一根"小棒子",我知道它在哪里,一点也不好笑
You know you're gonna make up with him. Can we just skip to that part?
明知道会和好,就不能直接跳到握手言和的那刻吗
Oh, of course, because I'm the only adult around here. Really? The only adult?
对,因为我是这里唯一一个成熟的人,真的吗,唯一成熟的人
Yeah, that's right. Tonight I'll be watching a show rated M.A., and that stands for "Mature Audiences," buster.
没错,今晚我要看的节目可是标识为M.A.的,意思是成年观众,你个小屁孩
All right, you would think "the only adult" wouldn't let something silly ruin our entire night.
"唯一成熟的人"可不会因为一些蠢事而破坏别人整晚的情绪
And I'd think you'd understand why I'm annoyed.
我还以为你会理解我不爽的原因呢
All this could be avoided if you'd just come to the meeting.
只要你来参加大会,不就没这些事了吗
I don't want to. Oh, it's just a meeting. One simple meeting. Stop saying "meeting"!
人家不想参加,只是一个大会而已,一个简单的大会,不要再提大会两个字了
Meeting, meeting, bobeeting Bananafana, fofeeting, Feefi momeeting...
大会,大会,三四五六七,你不想听,我却偏要提,大灰,打毁,答慧
I brought my famous spinach dip.
我带来了我的招牌菠菜蘸酱
Yo, Amy, just one second. Meeting.
艾米,等一下,大会
I'm not sure if I'm hoping for a boy or a girl.
我不知道自己想要个儿子还是女儿
I mean, if it's a boy, I'm gonna have to teach him to play catch. Which means I'm gonna have to Google "How to play catch."
如果生的是儿子,我就得教他玩接投球,那我就得上网去查怎么玩接投球
If it's a girl, I mean...they're so innocent and...you know how guys are.
如果生的是女儿,她们那么天真无邪,而你知道男人都是什么鬼样子
Totally, guys are the worst. I mean, look at me. I let Emily make me a frittata and I kept the leftovers in Claire's fridge that night. I'm such a dog.
真的,男人都不是好东西,看看我,我让艾米丽给我做了意大利烘蛋,然后把吃剩的留在克莱尔的冰箱里,我真是个渣男
There you go again. I'm sorry, have I been complaining about it too much?
你又来了,抱歉,我是不是抱怨得太多了
Actually, what you're doing is pretending to complain, but really trying to brag.
其实你现在是在假抱怨真显摆
How could you say that?
你怎么能这么说
"Oh, I wish could enjoy a cup of tea without a naked girl bouncing up and down on me." I never said that.
人家真希望可以安静喝完一杯茶而没有裸女在我身上跳来跳去",我从未说过这话
"Don't you hate it when you can't remember whose bra it is you found wedged in your couch?"
人家记不得掉在沙发里的胸罩到底是谁的,真是好讨厌哦"
Okay, that I said. But that's a real problem!
好吧,这话我说过,但这是真实的问题啊
You give a girl another woman's bra, and you will not be having sex with her that night. Maybe the other girl, but not her.
你把一个妹子的胸罩给了另一妹子,你那晚上就别想和那妹子滚床单了,也许还能和另一个妹子睡,但这妹子绝对没戏
What's going on with him?
他怎么了
Oh, he's all bent out of shape about having a Roommate Agreement meeting.
他为了参不参加室友协议大会而闹别扭呢
Apparently, perfect attendance isn't cool anymore.
这年头完美出勤率貌似不够酷炫了
Don't worry, he'll come around.
别担心,他会想明白的
Well, I get why he's annoyed.
我能理解他为什么不高兴
Well, then you don't understand what's happening.
那是你不明白到底是怎么回事
See...Leonard refused to participate in a mandatory quarterly Roommate Agreement meeting.
你看,莱纳德拒绝出席一个强制性的室友协议季度大会
This is what a generation raised on Bart Simpson looks like.
这就是以巴特·辛普森为榜样养育下一代的恶果
You love The Simpsons. I love Lisa Simpson.
你明明自己也爱看《辛普森一家》,人家喜欢的是丽莎·辛普森
Well, I know how he feels. I never enjoyed our Relationship Agreement meetings.
我能理解他的感受,我就不喜欢咱俩的恋爱协议大会
Wait. You were pretending? Sorry.
等等,你之前都是假装的吗,抱歉
No! I don't believe you. I could tell.
不可能,我不相信,我能分清真假
"Oh, Sheldon, I never thought refiling a matter in a standing subcommittee could be so fascinating."
"哇,谢尔顿,我从未想过在常务委员会里重审一个议题会如此让人目眩神迷"
Hmm, what do you think? You don't know?
你觉得这是真是假,你分不清吗
Hey, did I say something to upset you? No, I'm fine.
我是不是说了什么惹你不高兴了,没有,我没事
Really? Because usually we walk side by side, and I just went up two flights of stairs staring at your bottom.
是吗,因为通常我们都肩并肩一起上楼,而今天我爬了两层楼梯都是跟在后面盯着你的屁股
Just drop it. Okay, I think I see what's happening here. You're jealous of me.
消停会儿吧,好吧,我知道是怎么回事了,你嫉妒我
Oh, please. What could you possibly have that I would be jealous of?
拜托,你有什么好让我嫉妒的
It's not what I have, it's how many people I'm having it with.
不是我有什么,而是我跟多少人一起"分享"
Come on, Sheldon, we'll watch Game of Thrones over here. Gladly.
走吧,谢尔顿,我们去对面看,乐意之极
Oh, good, go. You know, it'll be nice to watch an episode without someone saying, I read the books. Don't get too fond of this character."
好啊,走吧,我高兴还来不及呢,终于看剧的时候没人在旁边说"我看过原着,别太喜欢上这个角色"
It's not always because they die. In one case, it's because they've become involved with underground tree people from the dawn of time.
不全是因为他们会死啊,举个例子,某角色是因为跟太古之初就有的地下的森林之子扯上关系
Yeah, but I won't say who it is. It's Bran!
是的,但我不会说是谁,是布兰
Wait, what is going on?
发生什么事了
Leonard's being a jerk, so we're gonna watch over here, do you guys want to watch with us?
莱纳德是个混球,所以我们要在这边看剧,你们俩想跟我们一起看吗
As long as I don't have to watch with him.
只要不跟他一起看就行
Fine, I don't want to watch with you either.
好啊,我也不想跟你一起看
I'll go over here. Why do you get to pick? Okay, then you go there!
我去那边,凭什么你来选,好,那你去那边好啦
Don't tell me where to go!
老子爱去哪儿就去哪儿
Howard, just come in here. Yeah, come on, Raj.
霍华德,你快进来吧,来这边,拉杰
Wait, did Amy make her spinach dip?
慢着,艾米有做菠菜蘸酱吗
She did. And I'm gonna eat it all!
做了,老子会帮你吃光光