手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第七季 > 正文

生活大爆炸第七季:第24集:谢耳朵独自踏上旅程(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

How's your mom holding up?

你妈妈怎么样了?
She's doing okay, but we just lost another nurse.
她还好,不过又有一个护工不干了
How many is that now?
现在是多少个了?
Two, and I know what you're thinking she's eating them.
两个,我知道你在想什么,她根本是在吃人
She's just so impossible, they keep quitting.
她简直是不可理喻,护工一个接一个走了
So, who's watching her now?
那现在谁照顾她?
A bowl full of M and M's with a few Ambien tossed in.
一整碗M and M巧克力豆,里面放了几颗安眠药
What up, guys?
大伙都在干嘛?
Hello. Hey. Hello. Okay.
你来啦,嗨,你来啦。好吧
Well, now that everyone's here, Penny and I have some big news. We're engaged!
既然大家都在这里,我和佩妮有个好消息要宣布。我们订婚啦!
And I thought me having sex with Emily was gonna be the big news. That's right...
我还以为我和艾米丽滚床单才算是好消息呢。太对了...
Hey! Hey! What the hell!
喂!喂!你们太过分了!
You guys propose all the time. This never happens. You're right!
你们总是在互相求婚,而这个从来没有过啊。你说得对!
Boy, I'm so hungry today. I wonder why?
我的天,我今天真饿啊。这是为什么呢?
Because you had sex the other night?
不就是因为你前几天的晚上滚床单咯?
You know what?
你知道吗?
That may be it.
估计就是这样
By the way, it isn't like riding a bike. Like, I fell off a few times.
对了,滚床单不像骑自行车,我摔下来了好几次
Hey, buddy. Hello. You okay?
嗨,伙计。嗨。你还好吗?
I just got called into President Siebert's office.
我刚被叫去西伯特校长的办公室
The university won't let me switch my field of study to inflationary cosmology.
我想研究宇宙膨胀理论,但学校不让我改研究方向
They're forcing me to continue with string theory. Why?
他们让我必须接着研究弦理论。为什么?
He said it's why they hired me, it's-it's what my grant was designated for, and that everybody has to do things they don't want to do.
他说聘我就是为了让我研究弦理论,我的科研基金也是为了干这个的,还说每个人都得做自己不想做的事情
He then gave an example of something he had to do, even though he didn't want to, which was look at my stupid face.
然后他举了个例子,说虽然他不想,但还得面对我这张蠢脸
That's a rude thing to say. Out loud.
太没礼貌了啊。这么坦白
It's an outrage. Honestly, I'm tempted to leave the university.
太过分了,坦白说,我不想在学校干了
You know, if you're really serious about that, I hear there are some exciting opportunities in home care for the old and fat.
如果你真的铁了心的话,我听说现在给又老又胖的人当护工是个很有前途的职业
Whatever you do, just don't make any rash decisions. I don't know.
不管你做什么,不要草率做决定。我不知道
I am really aggravated.
我现在真的很烦躁
When I'm feeling low, I have sex with a girl.
我烦躁的时候,就会和姑娘滚床单
But that's just me.
不过也就只有我吧
Oh, come on, give her a chance. No. Life, it is too short.
拜托,给她一次机会吧,不行,人生苦短
I know you've only been here a day and a half, but you're like part of the family!
我知道你只在这里呆了一天半,但你就像家庭的一份子!
I don't think the service is gonna send any more people.
我觉得不会有护工再过来了
Yeah, maybe it's time we just release Ma back into the sea.
或许是时候把老妈放归大海了
That's not helpful.
别扯没用的
Well, then, we may need to get used to the idea that we're gonna be living here the next few months.
那咱就得适应一下,未来几个月就得住这儿了
But we have jobs. We can't baby-sit her 24 hours a day.
但我们有自己的工作呀。我们不能一天24小时照顾她
Well, what if we use our vacation time?
要不咱们把年假用了?
I wanted to go to Hawaii, not Hell.
年假我想去的是夏威夷,不是地狱
I don't know what else we can do.
我不知道我们还能做些什么
Howie, I love you, and as your wife, your mother is every bit as much my problem as she is yours, so... I want a divorce.
华仔,我爱你,作为你的妻子,你母亲的问题就是我的问题,所以...咱离了吧
Hello, Leonard. Hi, Mom. I have some exciting news. I'm listening.
嗨,莱纳德。嗨,母亲大人。我有好消息要告诉你。我在听
Before I tell you, will you promise to try and be happy for me and keep any concerns you have to yourself? No.
在我说之前,你能不能先保证你会试着替我感到高兴然后把你的真实想法藏在心里?不行
Let me save you all of your hemming and hawing. Sheldon already told me that you and Penny are engaged.
你就不必多费口舌了,谢尔顿已经告诉我,你和佩妮订婚了
I-I hate that you talk to him more than you talk to me.
我好不爽你跟他比跟我聊得还多
Would you like for you and me to talk more?
那你想和我多聊一下吗?
You know what? It's probably fine.
算了,其实也没事
In any event, while I've had my misgivings about... Penny...
无论如何,虽然我对佩妮还有所疑虑...
Sheldon spoke very fondly of her, and if she is good enough for him, then she's good enough for me.
但谢尔顿总是在夸她,那么如果谢尔顿觉得她还不错的话,那我也就没什么异议了
I'm your son. What about the fact that she's good enough for me? Sure.
我是你儿子。为什么你不想想我觉得她好不好呢?行
Thanks, Mom. Leonard, would it make you feel better to hear that your mother approved of your life choices?
谢谢,母亲大人。莱纳德,如果我说我同意你的人生选择你会觉得好过一点吗?
Yes, it would. Yeah. Well, you should work on that.
会呀。那你应该努努力克服这点
No, Mom, it's the same guy I've been going out with for the past two years.
不是的,妈,是我男朋友都谈了两年了
Yeah, the scientist.
对,那个科学家
Well, it's complicated. I mean, he works with lasers and atomic magnets.
挺复杂的,他跟激光和原子磁体打交道
No, I did not see it coming.
没啊,我也没想到
No, we did not set a date.
没啊,日子还没定
No, I'm not pregnant Yeah, this is a first for our family.
没,我没怀孕,是啊,这是咱家头回不是奉子成婚
All right, tell Dad I love him.I gotta go. All right, bye.
好,跟爸爸说我爱他,我得挂了。好的,再见。
Atomic magnets? Shut up.
原子磁体?闭嘴。
Sorry I'm late. The leaf blower broke, so I had to hand-dry my mother-in-law.
抱歉我来晚了,吹叶机坏了,我不得不用手把我婆婆擦干
You want some wine? Thanks.
要喝点酒吗?谢谢
Little warning before you jump into this marriage business: You're not just marrying him, you're marrying his family.
在你一头扎进婚姻之前,给点小小的忠告:你不只是嫁给他,你是嫁给他全家
I think Leonard's mom's okay with me.
我觉得莱纳德的妈妈对我没啥意见
It doesn't matter if she's okay with you. The question is: Can she go to the bathroom by herself?
她对你有没有意见不重要,重要的是,她能不能自己上厕所?
Hit me again.
再来一杯
So, what are the living arrangements gonna be?
那么,你们以后怎么住?
Well, haven't really talked about it yet, but I figure, at some point, I'll move in with him, or he'll move in with me.
还没讨论这个,但我想什么时候,我搬去跟他一起住,或者他搬进来跟我住
Well, with you not working, that makes financial sense.
正好你没工作,这样倒省钱了
You're not working!
你没工作!
How would you like a job in home health care?
想不想当护工?
Not a chance.
门儿都没有
Please. I'm desperate. No. I'll pay you anything you want. Okay, then, yeah.
求你了,我都绝望了,不行。你想要多少我都给,那行
No! Keep your money!
算了!钱你们自己留着吧!
I could've ridden a bull longer than that.
我在公牛背上坚持的时间都比这长
What you working on?
你在忙什么?
I'm writing an appeal to the Faculty Senate, so that I can move on from string theory.
我在给教授评议会写一封申诉信,这样我就可以不再研究弦理论了
Oh. How's it going?
写得怎么样了?
You tell me.
你听听看
"Dear Esteemed Colleagues, "As you may know, I have requested "to change my field of study.
"尊敬的同事们"如您所知,我已请求"改变我的研究领域
"My decision to do so "is, I believe, in the best interest of science.
"我之所以这样决定"是因为我相信,这最有益于科学
"At your convenience, I'd be happy to explain it to you in words you'll understand."
"在您得便之时,我非常乐意向您解释,我会使用您可以理解的字眼"
It's nice that you called them "esteemed."
你称他们为"尊敬的"这样挺好的
You're right. I'll take that out.
你说得对,我这就把它删了
So, listen, there was something I was hoping to float past you.
听着,有些事我想提前跟你说一下
Mm. Now that Penny and I are engaged, I thought we might want to talk about our living arrangements. Of course.
既然佩妮跟我已经订婚了,我觉得咱们也该谈谈怎么住的问题了。当然
She's spent many nights here, and you're worried about preserving the myth of her virginity before the wedding.
她在这儿住过太多天了,你不知道婚礼之前,该怎么让她的贞操依旧保有神秘感
I'm not. Good, because not only has that ship sailed, if it hit an iceberg, countless men would perish.
不是。那就好,因为她贞操不仅是木已成舟了,如果撞上冰山,要陪葬的男人都数不清了
Actually, this is about where she and I are going to live.
实际上,是她跟我以后要住哪儿的问题
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Well... well, we might want to live together.
我们可能打算住一起
Oh, yeah, well, I've already given this some thought, and... I'm willing to let Penny live with us one day a week for a trial period.
噢,好吧,我已经想过这事儿了,还有...我愿意让佩妮跟我们一起住,试住期一周住一天
Now, obviously, not when she's made cranky by the shedding of her uterine lining.
当然啦,她因子宫内膜脱落,而脾气暴躁的那几天可不行
That's very sweet.
真体贴
But we were thinking more of us maybe living together with... not you.
不过我们想的是我俩可能住在一起,没有你
I don't understand.
我不懂
How could we all live together if I'm not there?
如果我不在,怎么称得上是"一起"住?
Look, I-I know this is... this is change, and that sounds scary, but... Where are you going to go?
听着,我知道这是改变,而且听着挺吓人,但是...你们要去哪儿?
I don't know. We just started to think about this.
我不知道。我们才开始考虑这事儿
Maybe I'll move in with Penny, or maybe she and I'll take this place, and you can move across the hall. Move across the hall?!
也许我搬过去跟佩妮一起住,也许她跟我一起住这儿,你可以搬到对面。搬到对面?!
Did you take a marijuana?!
你吸大麻了?!
No, I did not. Did you get hit on the head with a coconut?
不,我没有。你脑袋被椰子砸了?
No. Well, then, I'm all out of guesses.
也没有,好吧,那我真不知道你怎么了
What? Me move across the hall. Why would you even suggest such a thing?
什么? 让我搬到对面,你怎么会提出这样的建议?
Because I love Penny, and want to give her the life she deserves. I see.
因为我爱佩妮,想给她她理应得到的生活。我明白了
You're putting your future bride's happiness above mine. Well, yeah. Wow.
你觉得你未来新娘的幸福比我的更重要了。是啊。哇哦
How dare the university force me to go back to string theory!
学校怎么能逼着我回头搞弦理论啊!
They just don't appreciate you.
他们只是不理解你
Yeah, and on top of that, Leonard has the audacity to suggest that now that he and Penny are engaged, he may not want to live with me anymore.
对,还有,莱纳德厚颜无耻地提议,既然他跟佩妮订婚了,他就不想再跟我一起住了
Here, I made you some Strawberry Quik.
给,我给你调了杯草莓速溶奶
I have real problems here, Amy.
我这些问题都不是闹着玩的,艾米
I can't be mollified with a beverage designed for children. Mmm! Yummy.
我不会因为一杯幼儿饮品而心情舒缓的。真好喝
You know, this might work out for the best. I mean, you're always complaining about what a terrible roommate Leonard is.
其实,这样没准儿是最好的安排,我是说,你也一直在抱怨莱纳德是个多差劲的室友啊
Like how he turns up the thermostat when you're not there.
比如趁你不在调高恒温器
Ugh! It's like walking into the Amazon.
哎哟! 简直是到了亚马逊啊
And not the good Amazon with one-day shipping. The awful one with birds and snakes.
还不是那个能一天送货的好网站亚马逊,是那个满是鸟和蛇的讨厌的亚马逊
You hate the sound of all those keys on his key chain. Four keys!
你还讨厌他把所有钥匙套在钥匙链上发出的声响。四把钥匙啊!
Who does he think he is, a warden?
他以为他是谁?监狱长?
See? Maybe you'll love living alone.
看吧?没准儿你会喜欢一个人住呢
I don't know. Perhaps.
我也不知道,可能吧
And if it turns out you don't... you and I could live together. You and... Oh, sure.
而且,如果你还是不喜欢一个人住,咱俩可以住在一起啊。咱...当然

重点单词   查看全部解释    
string [striŋ]

想一想再看

n. 线,一串,字串
vt. 串起,成串,收紧

 
rash [ræʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 鲁莽的
n. 疹子,大量

联想记忆
desperate ['despərit]

想一想再看

adj. 绝望的,不顾一切的

联想记忆
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
grant [grɑ:nt]

想一想再看

n. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予
n. 财产

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
myth [miθ]

想一想再看

n. 神话

 
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。