手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 绯闻女孩 > 绯闻女孩第四季 > 正文

绯闻女孩第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第11集:寻找失踪的茱丽叶

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Gossip girl here,

"八卦天后"在此
Your one and only source
这是您了解曼哈顿名流们
into the scandalous lives of manhattan's elite.
绯闻的唯一渠道
My mom's filing for divorce.
我妈妈提出离婚申请了
I'd love the chance to talk to her
我希望能有机会和她谈谈
So she could see for herself just how much I've changed.
让她亲眼看到我已改变了许多
I should hear your father out.
我应该等到你父亲出狱
Really nice seeing your mother up here after all this time.
很高兴能看到你母亲来这儿
Yeah.
是啊
Just in time, too, right?
来的真及时啊,对吧
Just in time for what?
什么及时
Your father's parole.
你父亲的假释啊
Serena and colin are over. Do not continue
瑟琳娜和科林已经结束了
to jeopardize her future.
别再谋划着如何毁她前程了
If only he were the only teacher
除非科林是瑟琳娜
Serena had an inappropriate relationship with.
唯一与之乱搞过的老师
Serena's in the hospital.
瑟琳娜进了医院
Oh, my god. You drugged her? That was not part of the plan.
天啊,你让她嗑药了吗,这可不是原计划
Look, this isn't just about you anymore.
听着,这已经不单是你一人的事情了
I was wondering if you wanted to discuss
我想请你们商量下是否应为她的康复
a place for her recovery.
找个合适的地方
Ostroff center.
送到康复中心吧
Your daughter wakes up alone, drugged,
你女儿醒来时孤身一人在空荡的旅馆中
in an empty motel room, and you just have her committed.
还被下药了,你只知道给她找地方关起来
Juliet may have been behind Serena's overdose.
茱丽叶可能是瑟琳娜这件事的幕后黑手
What do you say we find that bitch
我们找到那个臭婆娘后
And get us a little frontier justice?
替天行道给她点颜色看,你觉得怎样
Spotted--Dan and Blair exiting Sat Ambroeus
现场播报,丹和布莱尔二人手持着美式黑咖啡
with espresso doppio for two, but we hear it's not
走出了桑塔布柔斯(纽约餐馆)但他们
the caffeine that's got them talking a mile a minute.
可不是为了一同享用咖啡
It's a mission.
而是为了策划任务
So Juliet dressed up like Serena
茱丽叶打扮成瑟琳娜的样子
at saints and sinners to destroy her relationships
来到化装舞会,打算破坏她与我和
with me and Nate.
内特之间的关系
And enlists Vanessa and Jenny to mess with me.
然后又唆使瓦内萨和珍妮来整我
Which is devious and pathetic, but let's face it,
虽说这听起来是狡诈可悲的,但我们得仔细想想
around here, it's just another Saturday night.
事情发生在这里,不过是一般的周六夜生活罢了
Well, you can't show up at a masked ball and not expect
但是你不可能大费周章来到舞会
at least one social-climbing doppelganger
只为了寻求一个约会的机会
to try and impersonate you.
亦或是来假扮你这么简单
But then, according to Jenny, Juliet posted a photo of herself
但根据珍妮的说法,茱丽叶用自拍
as serena doing coke.
来模仿瑟琳娜嗑药
And for that, she will be judged by a higher power, but we've
这个行为的确该被更权威的地方处置,但我们...
we've seen worse.
我们见识过比这更卑鄙的事
Well, I was gonna say "Done worse," But yes.
或者说,我们"做过"比这更卑鄙的事
Okay, but then... Serena wakes up in a motel room
好吧,但那之后,瑟琳娜在一个汽车旅馆醒来
After almost O.D.Ing.
在差不多嗑药过量之后
And that is where the "Juliet express"
这就是茱丽叶所谓的
goes off the rails and heads straight for crazy town.
整人于无形,而后又可以扬长而去
The next thing we know, Serena wakes up,
我们所知的下件事,就是瑟琳娜醒来后
insists she didn't go on a bender.
坚称自己没有去寻欢作乐
But then the photo shows up online, and she starts
但之后她的照片被公诸于网络,她也开始
to doubt herself and checks herself into the ostroff,
怀疑自己是否真的磕过药,并回到了康复中心
which brings us up to the present.
也就是现在的情形
The thing we need to figure out is why.
我们要搞清茱丽叶这么做的动机
I mean, Colin, Nate, Hamilton House?
我是说,为了科林,内特,还是汉密尔顿之家
None of that explains taking things so far.
这些解释不了她这么执着的原因
Well, as someone well-acquainted with the darker human emotions,
当问道人类的阴暗面这一问题时
Let me offer my theory.
请允许我阐述独家理论
There is only one motive powerful enough to fuel
只有一件事能让她如此处心积虑
a gaslighting like this, and that is retribution.
来毁灭一个人,那就是复仇
Retribution for what?
为了什么而复仇呢
I know I've already said this,
我知道我已经说过了
But I'm really proud of you, and so is mom.
但我还想再说一次,我以你为荣,妈妈也是
Is that why she's here, to tell me herself?
这是她来这的原因吗,想亲自跟我说这个
Do I even wanna know where she is?
我是不是该问问她现在人在哪呢
She and Chuck are meeting with a reporter
她和恰克去见邮报记者了
from "The post" This morning, some profile on bass industries.
讨论一些关于拜斯集团的事情
Oh, "The post," Because they have such
去见记者了吗,就因为他们
award-winning business coverage.
能做出有利于商业化的报导吗
Oh, don't tell me you detect a whiff of edu damage control.
别跟我说你察觉出这对你有何不利影响了
Mom's classic scent brings back
妈妈的经典手段
the fondest memories of childhood.
又让我找到了童年的影子
I am way ahead of you there,
这个问题有我作为前车之鉴
But when I confronted her about it, she didn't deny it.
当初她遭逢我的事情时,也没有坐视不管
Bass industries is a family-run company,
拜斯集团是个家族企业
And like it or not, what the family does
但不管你喜欢与否,家族成员的所作所为
affects what people think about it.
是会影响外人对于企业的看法的
I know I've put her in a tough position,
我知道我让她深陷窘境
But please promise me that you'll try to keep her honest
但你要跟我保证,她关于我的行踪和
about where I am and what's going on.
现在的事态发展能据实坦承
No stories about aunt carol's
不要像你在这里时编造什么
in miami like when you were here.
在卡萝阿姨家的谎言了
I-I am on it, although that marlins jersey
好的,其实巴特?拜斯在我住院时
that bart bass bought me that year for christmas
作为圣诞礼物送我的棒球衫
Would look great on you.
穿你身上看起来更合适
Serena, Eric.
瑟琳娜,艾瑞克
So... Have you made a decision?
你已经做好决定了吗
what do you mean, no visitors?
你说的禁止访客是什么意思
I don't think you realize who we are.
我想你不清楚我们是谁吧
Who she thinks she is, is more like. Look, I'm family.
可能她有点自以为是了,我是她家人好吧
I'm Serena's brother, or stepbrother, technically,
我是瑟琳娜的哥哥,准确来说应该叫继兄
Which I do mostly try to put out of my mind
所以我想表明的是
seeing as we dated pretty seriously--
我们曾经的相处是很认真的...
Humphrey, they treat people in here
汉弗瑞,他们不希望
for less serious complexes than that.
访客的身份过于复杂好吧
Do you wanna get committed? I'll just call her.
你想接受审查吗,我还是给她打个电话吧
I'm sure that we're on her list.
我很确信我们在她的访客名单上
There is no list,
根本没有什么名单
And her phone is locked away in a drawer somewhere.
她的电话也锁在了抽屉里的某个角落
Look, Serena's doctor recommended
瑟琳娜的主治医生建议
that she start her treatment with 72 hours, no contact.
她的72小时疗程最好避免打扰
That includes me, my mom, and you guys.
所以也包括了我,我妈妈,和你们
No, but serena doesn't need to be here.
但瑟琳娜根本没理由呆在这
Juliet was behind everything.
茱丽叶才是幕后黑手
And we have some questions for her.
我们只想问她几个问题而已
Whatever screwy series of events got her in the front door,
无论是什么复杂的事情导致了她现在的情形
she's here now, and she's getting the help.
她已经在这了,并且在接受帮助
She's probably needed for a long time,
她可能需要比较长的时间
So whatever you're up to, you need to do it without Serena.
所以无论你们打算做什么,都别扯上瑟琳娜
Looks like someone's gonna have a busy holiday season.
看来某人要度过一个繁忙的假期了
Well, unfortunately, they're all followed up
很遗憾的是,总是有礼貌的电话
by a polite phone call asking if your father will be attending.
来询问我你的父亲是否会出席这些邀请
Or in the case of Lily's holiday party
或者像莉莉的假日聚会一样
for bass industries, a handwritten note
用一个小便签写着"为了拜斯集团"
Saying she hopes I understand.
写着她希望我能理解她的处境
Wow, I guess I always thought the mean girls
我想坏女孩儿们长大后
got a little nicer once they grew up.
都会变得更和蔼可亲了吧
and had kids of their own.
她们的孩子也应如此
Quite the opposite, I'm afraid.
恐怕正好相反吧
Yeah.
是啊
But no party is more important than family.
但是没有什么聚会比家庭更重要
Yeah. About that...
是啊,关于这件事...
Nate, what is it?
内特,怎么了
So I really appreciate
我很感激
everything you've been doing for dad, and I, you know,
你为爸爸做的每件事
Wanna make sure he deserved the chance you're giving him.
我只想让你知道,他是值得你付出的
So I called the business manager and asked if dad had been
我跟业务经理取得过联系
in contact, made any plans for when he got out.
问他是否为爸爸出狱后的事情做过规划
Please tell me he didn't book a one-way flight to the caribbean.
别告诉我他买了去加勒比的单程机票
No, but he did ask about leasing a house outside the city.
这倒没有,但是他说爸爸想在外边租间房子
Why wasn't I told about this?
他为何没跟我说过
He wanted to tell you.
他本想告诉你的
Dad begged him not to say anything.
但是爸爸求他别跟你说
I already said you'd find out soon enough.
我跟他说过你迟早会知道的
It was supposed to be a surprise.
这本应是个惊喜
I wish I was surprised.
我怎么没觉得惊喜
So he uses our address to get parole,
所以他利用我们来得到假释
Then uses my money to get his own place. Same old howard.
然后利用我的钱去置自己的地,本性难移
I'm sorry, mom.
对不起,妈妈
I understand if you don't wanna go through with this.
我很明白你不想再经历这些了
I just, you know, I really thought he had changed.
我只是,我真的以为他改过自新了
So did I.
我也是
I'll call the lawyers.
我等下给律师打个电话
I got you into this mess, okay?
是我把你扯了进来
I'll go to dad. I'll tell him.
我去找老爸,让我来跟他说
We can't do nothing for three days.
这三天里我们不能就这么干等着
Who knows how far Juliet could get in that time?
谁知道这几天里茱丽叶会干出些什么
Yeah, I think we just gotta tell my dad and Lily
没错,我看还是跟我爸和莉莉说一声
what Juliet did with these pills is against the law.
茱丽叶用这些药做的事可是犯法的
Police and parents,
警察和父母
of course that's your plan, Humphrey.
果然是你想出来的计划,汉弗瑞
Or we could sneak in to see Serena.
或许我们能偷溜去看看瑟琳娜
That receptionist got a pretty good look at me,
那个接待员看我的脸色还不错
but maybe with a wig...
但也许我需要顶假发
That's your plan-- disguises and accents?
这就是你的计划吗,伪装和变声
I never said anything about accents. Can you do any?
我从没提过变声二字,你可以吗
No, look, Eric is right.
不,听我说,艾瑞克说得没错
We need to leave Serena out of this
我们不该把瑟琳娜牵扯进来
and just find Juliet on our own.
就让我们自己去找茱丽叶吧
Well, Colin is her cousin.
好吧,科林是她的表哥
We could track him down
我们可以查查看
at whatever economic summit he's at this week.
这周他要参加哪些经济峰会
Well, Nate dated her.
还有,内特曾经跟她约会过
My minions knew her for a whole year
我的跟班们在我们到大学之前
before we showed up.
就认识她整整一年了
Or... there is someone
或者,别忘了还有个
who seems to know everything about everyone.
似乎掌握每个人的所有消息的家伙
Besides me, who?
除了我,还有谁
Gossip girl? She's not a Ouija board, humphrey.
八卦天后,她又不是灵应牌,汉弗瑞
You can't just ask, "Where's juliet?"
你不能直接问她茱丽叶人在哪
And expect her to point you in the right direction.
还期待她给你指条对的路
Maybe you can. Look, think about it.
或许你就行,听我说,你想想看
You and Serena are her people,
你和瑟琳娜都是她所关注的人
not Juliet.
而茱丽叶并不是
Serena really could have been hurt, and plus
瑟琳娜确实是被人陷害的,况且她知道
I'm sure she's furious that Juliet sent in that fake photo.
是茱丽叶寄的假照片,肯定大为光火
Does she even know that it's fake?
她知道照片是假的吗
Hey, Juliet. It's good to see you. It's been a while.
茱丽叶,真高兴见到你,很久没见了
Yeah, thanks. It's good to be home.
是啊,谢啦,回家真好
This is excruciating. What if she doesn't respond
等待真痛苦,要是她不回复怎么办
and all we're doing is wasting valuable time?
那我们不就是在浪费宝贵的时间
Our time is not that valuable.
我们的时间没那么宝贵
Until we know where Juliet is,
况且在弄清楚茱丽叶身在何处之前
we don't know whether we need to charter a jet
我们也不知道是否该租架喷气机
or if your metro card will suffice for our journey.
或者你的地铁卡是否足够支付我们的路费
That's from her.
她回信了
Open it.
快打开
Well, I guess we have our mission.
看来我们的任务来了
Buckle up, kids.
快系好安全带,孩子们
You up for a road trip?
准备好走一趟了吗
Looks like this unholy alliance is hitting the road.
看来我们的邪恶同盟正要上路了
Serena, help me understand.
瑟琳娜,你得告诉我
Are you upset because of what you did
你这么沮丧是因为你所做过的事
or because you can't remember it?
还是因为你不记得做过什么了
both and... neither.
都有吧,又或者两者都不是
You know, if you saw
你知道吗,如果你在互联网上
a photo of yourself on the Internet doing cocaine,
看到自己在吸食可卡因的照片
what would you think?
你会作何感想
I wouldn't know what to think. I would never do that.
我不知道,我从没做过那事
Exactly.
这就对了
But with me, I can't be too sure.
但于我来说,我并不确定
You know, I may not remember kissing Dan and Nate
我可能不记得我亲吻过丹和内特
or--or crossing Blair, but...
或是冲布莱尔发脾气,但
you know, this wouldn't be the first time
你知道吗,这并不是我第一次
that I had been with two guys in one night
在一个晚上周旋于两个男人之间
or betrayed my best friend.
还背叛了我最好的朋友
That never happened.
这从来没发生过
You're still a man in my eyes.
在我眼里你还是个男子汉
I always knew there was something. Get out!
我就知道事有蹊跷,给我滚出去
Things had gotten so out of control,
所有的事情都失去了控制
I didn't know how to pull them back anymore.
我不知道该怎样让它们回到正轨
Hey, what's happening? Are you okay?
你怎么了,你还好吗
We have to go.
我们得马上离开
No, we can't leave him.
不,我们不能就这么扔下他
There's drugs everywhere. We can get arrested.
这里到处都是毒品,我们会被逮捕的
so I left town alone
所以我独自离开
to Cornwall, Connecticut,
去了康涅狄格州的康沃尔
to try to start over.
想要重头再来
Is the pedal to the metal?
你确定这油门没坏吧
Because I swear if I shove my feet through the floor,
因为我发誓如果我用脚跑
I could run faster. At least there's no radio,
都能跑得比它快,还好这车没有广播
so I'm spared your horrid taste in music.
省得我还要欣赏你恐怖的音乐品味
I think we were supposed to turn there.
我想我们刚刚应该拐过去
You know, I'd tell you to stop being such a backseat driver,
我说又不是你开车,就别指指点点的了
but how can you be one when you don't even know how to drive?
况且你连开车都不会,怎么这么多话呢
I offered to get us a car service--
我都说了我可以提供轿车服务
professional driver, comfortable seats, champagne!
专业的司机,舒服的座椅,还有香槟
We're on a mission here.
我们是来执行任务的
we need to be able to move at any moment and tail people,
我们必须能够随时上路或是跟踪某人
speed, if necessary.
急速前进,如果可能的话
Speed?! Please. And as for tailing someone,
急速前进,拜托,说到跟踪某人
a stretch Hummer with a hot tub
一辆有浴缸的加长悍马
would be more inconspicuous than this.
可要比这玩意隐蔽多了
First, my dad swapped
首先,我老爸用一把
a '69 Les Paul for this car.
六九年的电吉他换了这辆车
It's a collector's item, and second,
那可是藏家必得的对象,第二
it was either this or the Lincoln Hawk Van,
除了这个,他只能选择林肯鹰牌面包车
which, all I'm saying, has graphics.
我说的可都是有迹可循的
Fine. We should almost be there.
很好,我们快要到了
Let me just consult the G.P.S. Oh, wait. That's me.
让我查下GPS当然,就是我
No, but for real, Cornice should be just up here.
事实上,柯尼斯应该就在那儿
Thank you so much for your time.
您能抽空过来,我十分感谢
Enjoy your holiday.
假期愉快
We really appreciate
我们十分欣赏
"The post's" Interest in the company.
贵公司的邮报股份项目
Bye. Bye.
再见,再见
Ahh. Oh, my god. That was punishing.
天呐,这可真遭罪
I think my face actually hurts from smiling so much. Drink?
我想我的脸都要笑得抽筋了,来一杯吗
Please. It's barely afternoon,
当然,虽然我很少在下午喝酒
but we've earned it.
不过这是我们应得的
Serena only came up once.
瑟琳娜就出庭了一次吗
Yes, and I kept my promise to Eric
是的,我遵守了跟艾瑞克的承诺
to tell the truth.
绝不有所隐瞒
She is exhausted. I know I am.
她已经筋疲力尽了,我想我也是的
I think we both killed it.
我想我们都挺过来了
You talking about how proud you are
你该发表下你对我
of the work I've done at the Empire.
在帝国酒店所做的工作的骄傲之情
And you're saying what a great job I've done
那你也该说说我在管理拜斯集团董事会
leading the board at Bass.
方面做得多么出色
Well, I meant what I said.
我就是这个意思
So do I.
我也是
Mm, there was that sticky question
刚刚有人一直在问你
of when I might take back the reins of Bass Industries.
何时才能让我重掌拜斯实业的大权
You kind of flinched when she asked you about it.
你似乎被她问得有点不耐烦了
Well, I didn't see that it was any of her business.
因为我觉得这不关她的事
It's a long ways away,
现在谈这个还太早
and it was off topic.
况且今天也不是这个主题
I will want it back at some point.
有朝一日,我要重掌大权
You know that, right?
你知道的,对吧
Of course.
当然
It was never my intention
我只想做监护人
to be anything more than a custodian,
监督理事会的工作
overseeing the board
直到你能够胜任为止
until you were ready to do it yourself.
仅此而已
I have to get ready for this party,
我得去做准备了
and the caterers are gonna be here any moment to set up,
派对负责人随时都会过来打点
so...
那么
I'll see you tonight.
晚上见
It's a little early in the day for that, don't you think?
大清早就喝酒,不太合适吧
Things not go well?
事情不顺吗
No, actually, the interview was, um, fine.
不,采访很顺利
If this is Juliet's house,
如果这是茱丽叶的家
then she is even freakier than we thought.
那她真是比我们想的还要古怪
Who pretends to be poor?
居然装穷
Wait a second. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen right now.
等等,我不知道现在是什么情况
If she is really in there, what's our plan?
如果她在里面,我们下一步怎么做
I mean, what are we gonna do?
我是说,该怎么办
We're just gonna march up to her
难道就破门而入
and pull her hair?
暴打她一顿吗
For starters.
菜鸟才这么干
Take it off.
脱掉
Yeah! Take it off, baby!
宝贝儿,快脱掉
Oh. At least he's owning it.
至少他还有那玩意儿
Juliet wouldn't be at a party like this,
茱丽叶根本不会参加这种派对
let alone host it.
更别说举办了
I-I don't think this is her house.
我觉得这不是她家
Well, gossip girl didn't say it was,
八卦天后又没说这是她家
so don't just look for Juliet.
你别光顾着找茱丽叶
Look for clues.
找找线索
Body shots!
激情四溢
Or someone who has one.
或者找找线人
Damien Dalgaard?
达米恩?达尔加德
I don't understand. What changed her mind?
我不明白,她为什么改变主意了
Found out about the Rhinebeck house, dad.
她发现了莱茵贝克房子的事,爸爸
You couldn't even wait two weeks
你这么等不及,已经开始用她的钱了
before you start spending her money?
就不能再等两个星期吗
That's what you think?
你是这么想的吗
Nate, your mom and I vacationed at that place
内特,我和你妈妈结婚的时候
when we were first married.
是去那里蜜月旅行的
She said it was her dream house.
那是她梦寐以求的房子
I saw it was for lease and I thought,
我看到那房子在出租,于是我想
wouldn't it be great if we could get out of the city,
如果我和你妈妈能离开这儿
just the two of us?
就我们俩,该有多好
Spend some time reconnecting,
一起享受重逢的喜悦
away from all our so-called friends.
远离那些所谓的狐朋狗友
I'm sorry. I might have--
抱歉,也许我
Jumped to conclusions? Pretty quickly, too.
过早下结论了,是啊,真够快的
No, you're right.
你说得对
I guess this transition's gonna be harder
我想,这一次要让妈妈转变态度
than we thought.
会更难了
I'll talk to mom.
我会再和她谈谈的
Don't bother.
别费心了
I guess you're not the only one who assumed
我想,大家都认为
I was incapable of doing something nice.
我做不了什么好事吧
I was kidding myself.
我真是想得太美了
Two of us alone in the country? Two of us together at all?
居然想和你妈妈两个人一起住在郊外
It's been over for a long time.
我们之间早就不可能了
What does that mean when you get out? I mean...
那么你出狱后要干嘛,我的意思是
If you don't come home to mom, are you gonna--
如果你不回家,你是不是会
A halfway house? Yes, I am.
住戒护院吗,是的
Dad, you--
爸爸,你
Nate, coming off of two years behind bars?
内特,我在监狱里蹲了两年
A halfway house sounds pretty good to me.
戒护院是再好不过的选择
If you wanna stick around,
你如果想再待一会儿
I got TV privileges, and, uh, the game is on.
我有看电视的特权,而且,节目快开始了
Sure. Okay.
好吧
How's your sister?
你妹妹最近怎么样
She's good. She's been living in Hudson.
她挺好的,现在住在哈得孙
I banished her.
我把她流放到那儿的
Yeah, but it's been for the best.
嗯,不过那样对她最好
Listen, we're not, uh, here for a reunion.
那个,我们不是来叙旧的
Yeah, me neither. I'm working.
是啊,我也是来工作的
Connecticut 'burbs,
在这康乃迪克郊区
do big business over the holidays.
打算在节日期间接点大生意
College kids come home. School is always reliable.
大学生都放假了,以学校的名义也更可靠
School?
什么学校
Yeah. Knightley. I went there.
嗯,奈特利,我在那上过学
Wait. Boarding school?
等一下,是寄宿学校吗
Where you met Serena?
你在那认识了瑟琳娜
I didn't make the connection, but of course.
我从没想到这点,不过没错
When Serena ran away,
瑟琳娜离开之后
she went to the Knightley school in Cornwall.
她去了康沃尔的奈特利寄宿学校
So do you know Juliet Sharp?
你认识茱丽叶?夏普吗
I do. I saw her in the city about a week ago,
认识,几周前还在城里见过她
but whatever this is, uh, I'm not getting involved.
不管你们想干嘛,我可不想被牵扯进来
Well, if you sold drugs to Juliet,
如果你卖药给茱丽叶
then you already are.
那你就难辞其咎了
It was bad. Serena ended up in the hospital,
后果很严重,瑟琳娜被送进了医院
and she says she didn't do it to herself.
而且她坚持说她没有嗑药
Is she okay?
她还好吧
She will be.
她会好起来
Juliet made a pretty big buy, all right?
茱丽叶买了大量的药
She bought coke, pills,
她买了可卡因,还有些药片
even some ether.
甚至还有乙醚
I assumed she was throwing a party
我当时以为她想哪儿开个派对
for those sorority girls
和那些联谊会的女生一起
at whatever house.
爽一爽
Ether?
乙醚
It's like a turn-of-the-century roofie.
一种能让你神魂颠倒的药
So serena goes to boarding school with Damien.
也就是说瑟琳娜和达米恩一起上的寄宿学校
Damien sells drugs to Juliet.
而达米恩卖药给茱丽叶
But what's the connection between Juliet and Serena?
可茱丽叶和瑟琳娜之间到底什么过节
You know what? Why don't we find her address
我们不如直接去她家
and go ask her ourselves?
当面问她
This is where I first met juliet.
我第一次遇到她就是在她家
She's a townie.
她可是城里人
Whoa! Watch where you're going, man!
哇,看路,伙计
What's the deal with the can opener?
这是什么破玩意儿
It's a car from Britain. It's not that weird.
是辆英国车,没那么差劲吧
I told him we should park away from the house
我告诉过他,我们该停得远一点
so no one would see us getting in it.
这样没人会看到我们坐的是这种车
Oh, shotgun, by the way.
我要坐前面
Better step on it, Juliet,
抓紧吧,茱丽叶
because your clean getaway just got very messy.
你的逃跑计划已经被人发现啦
Let the sugar cube melt. Drop it in.
将方糖熔化,倒进去
Extinguish the flame.
把火焰熄灭
And drink up.
然后一饮而尽
Whoo! Oh, check it out. I love this song.
快听,我超爱这首歌
Serena, wh-what do you think about a b-minus?
瑟琳娜,帮你得个B怎么样
I want an A-plus.
我要得A+
I know. I just think it would seem pretty obvious
我知道,但突然间你的西班牙语得A+的话
if all of a sudden you started getting A's in Spanish.
作弊嫌疑就太过明显了
I thought we were going for more of a gradual improvement.
还是慢慢进步比较说得过去
You've been studying harder
你一直努力学习
and working with a-- with a tutor.
还请了家教
Aw, my tutor.
哦,我的家教
Mrs. Sharp.
夏普夫人
Hi. Uh, we're Juliet's friends from New York.
嗨,我们是茱丽叶的纽约朋友
Is, uh, is she around?
她在家吗
Oh. Um, no, no, she's out running some errands for me.
她不在家,出门帮我办事去了
I see.
知道了
Um, I guess we'll-- we'll try again later.
那我们过会再来
Or maybe we can come in and wait?
或者我们进屋等
We've been dying to see her, and it was a long ride.
我们特想见到她,开了很久的车到这的
Um, sure. Sure. Come on in.
那好吧,请进
Well, what did you say your names were?
你们叫什么来着
Oh, we didn't. I'm Blair.
还没做过自我介绍,我叫布莱尔
This is Dan and Damien.
这两位分别是丹和达米恩
I'll put the kettle on. You guys sit.
我去烧水泡茶,你们请坐
Um, so do you go to Columbia with Jules, or...
你们是茱丽叶在哥伦比亚的同学吗,还是
I do.
我是
Um, but Dan goes to N.Y.U.,
丹是纽约大学的
and Damien's in the school of life.
达米恩上的是"家里蹲"大学
I actually know Juliet from here.
其实我是在这儿认识的朱丽叶
I went to Knightley.
我上的奈特利中学
Oh. Uh, so I-I assume you know our Ben.
那你们肯定认识我家本了
He was a damn good teacher,
不管旁人怎么说
no matter what they say.
他绝对是个出色的老师
I don't remember a Mr. Sharp.
我不记得有一位夏普先生
No, no, his last name is Donovan--
不,他姓多诺万
The same as my first husband.
与我第一任丈夫同姓
Do you recognize him?
你认得他吗
Yeah, I don't know it was julies's brother.
是的,我不知道他就是茱丽叶的哥哥
well, if I taught at Knightley,
要是我在奈特利教书
I wouldn't bring my "Mystic pizza" townie family
我也不会把家里的现代灰姑娘
to school events either.
拿到学校里来当话茬说
When Serena went back to the city,
瑟琳娜回到城里之后
he got fired for sleeping with a student.
他因为和学生乱来而被解雇
Everyone was sure it was her.
大家都确信对象就是她
Is, uh, Earl Grey okay?
伯爵茶可以吗
Actually, we won't be able to stay.
实际上,我们得走了
So you're at a new school, but it's the same old thing--
你到了新学校,但仍旧是老样子
Partying, boys.
频繁聚会,约会男生
Yeah, but there was one person there who was different.
是的,但那里有一个人与众不同
Mr. Donovan, hey.
多诺万先生
If you're wondering,
这两杯咖啡
no, I don't plan to drink both of these coffees.
我没打算把它们都喝了
One is actually for you.
有一杯是给你的
It's, uh, with two creams and no sugar.
里面放了两包奶精,没加糖
I notice that's how you take it in the dining hall.
我注意到你在食堂里就是这么放的
Thank you.
谢谢
Um, so if you don't mind, I was, um, wondering,
如果你不介意,我在想
I actually have some questions about
其实,我有一些问题想请教你
arbor imagery in the poems of Sylvia Plath.
有关西尔维亚?普拉斯诗中的乔木意象
Well, I happen to know that will be on the final next week.
嗯,我刚好知道下周的期末考里有这内容
So, uh, will you sit down?
请坐吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
Yeah, of course.
不客气
It felt good to have someone
终于有人因为正当的学术交流
who paid attention to me for a positive reason,
对我予以重视,这让我很开心
And we began to spend more and more time together.
之后我们在一起的时间越来越多
There wasn't a keg cracked within 10 miles
瑟琳娜原本很爱玩
that Serena didn't know about, then suddenly,
然而突然间
she started staying home, reading in her room.
她开始待在家里,专心读书
The generous conclusion to draw would be that Serena
总而言之
was getting her act together, focusing on school.
瑟琳娜变得规规矩矩,用心学习
Yeah, but no one thought that. They assumed she was sleeping
但没人会这么想,他们都以为
with the handsome, young English teacher.
她和帅气年轻的英语老师勾搭上了
Was she?
到底是不是真的
Well, I always thought the best about Serena, but--
我总是把瑟琳娜往好的方面想,但是
But something made you believe it was true.
但事实让你不得不相信这是真的
I was having dinner with my aunt at the Millbrook inn
那次我和阿姨在波基普西的
in Poughkeepsie.
米尔布鲁克饭店吃晚餐
As we were heading out, I saw Serena
我们正要离开,却看到了瑟琳娜
checking in with Mr. Donovan.
正和多诺万先生办入住手续
Uh, I-I can't believe we got a flat tire in that weather.
真不敢相信居然会在这种天气遇上爆胎
A trip to the Mary Mccarthy collection
去瓦萨尔学院找玛丽?麦卡锡作品集
at the Vassar library is so not worth it.
真是太不值了
Ah. Why don't you, uh, dry off and get something to eat?
要不你去换身衣服,再吃点东西
And I'll go take care of that car.
我去想办法修车
What? Are you kidding? You're not going back out there.
什么,你开玩笑呢吧,你可不能出去
You'll drown.
你浑身都湿透了
The tire's not gonna fix itself.
轮胎坏了,我们就回不去了
Yeah, but it'll stop raining by morning.
是的,但天亮了雨就会停了
Maybe we could... get a room.
也许我们可以,开间房
Serena...
瑟琳娜
Come on. You can't act like you haven't thought about it.
别装出一副想都没想过的样子
The ability to have thoughts and not act on them--
凡事三思而后行
It's what separates man from beast.
这就是人和动物的区别
You're not gonna quote your way out of this.
你不能就这样退却
I know what the stakes are for you. For me, too.
我知道你要承担多大风险,我也一样
But this is real on both sides,
不过这对我们双方来说都是真实的
and if you deny it, you're lying.
如果你否认,你就是在撒谎
I'm not a liar.
我不是骗子
I'm not gonna deny anything.
我也不会否认任何事
I care about you very much, Serena...
我非常关心你,瑟琳娜
which is why I'm going to brave the weather and fix the tire
所以我顶着暴雨去修轮胎
so I can drive you home
好载你回家
so you can sleep in your own bed tonight.
让你今晚能在自己的床上睡觉
You know, I think he was the only guy
他是唯一一个会对我
to ever say no to me. I was in love with him.
说"不"的男人,我当时就爱上了他
Well, as in love as I had ever been at that point.
从未有过的爱他
After that, I didn't know how to act around him,
在那之后,我不知道该怎么和他相处
so... we, uh, we never really talked again.
所以,我们也再没说过话
This must have been very disappointing
这对于当时16岁
to the 16-year-old adventuress
渴望奇遇的你而说
that you were at the time,
肯定令你非常失望
But when you tell this story now,
那你现在再说这件事的时候
What does it make you think?
有什么感受
That Ben Donovan was a pretty great guy.
本是个不错的人
Hey. Finally.
终于接电话了
what do you need, Ben?
你想怎么样,本
What's with the mood? Mom wear you out christmas shopping?
怎么说话呢,妈妈和你出去圣诞大采购了吗
No, we actually never made it to the mall.
不,我们没有去商场
Dan and Blair showed up in Cornwall with Damien Dalgaard.
丹和布莱尔还有达米恩在康沃尔郡见面
Damien? What's he doing with them?
达米恩,他们怎么走到一块的
Well, considering he's the one who sold me the pills
考虑到他就是那个看见我对瑟琳娜下药的人
That I used on Serena, I think I have a pretty good guess.
我想我猜的八九不离十
Look, I told you the drugs were going too far.
我告诉过你下药的事做得太过了
Never mind if they go to the cops.
他们当然会去找警察
What if those guys show up at mom's
如果他们去找妈妈
and start asking questions?
然后质问该怎么办
Yeah, I'm sure they already did.
我相信他们已经去过了
And I'm sure they're figuring it all out right now,
他们现在都弄的水落石出了
Which is exactly why I am gonna finish this thing
正因如此,我才要去一次性了结这件事
Once and for all like I should have done in the first place.
一开始就应当这样做的
Where are you? Are you in the city?
你在哪儿,在城里吗
Juliet... You have done enough. Do not go after Serena.
茱丽叶,该收手了,别再对瑟琳娜穷追不舍了
If you touch her--
如果你敢动她
What? It's not like you can stop me.
你能把我怎样,你能阻止我吗
Hey, I-I need to make another call.
听着我还需要打个电话
Please, you've got to let me make a call.
求你了,让我打个电话
Okay, fine, you make the call, but someone has to warn her.
好吧,你来打电话,必须有人提醒她
Serena Van Der Woodsen.
瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森
Hey, Archibald! I'm Ben. I'm Juliet's brother.
阿齐布尔德,我是本,茱丽叶的哥哥
All right, you need to find Serena and make sure she's okay.
你务必要找到瑟琳娜确保她没事
Wait, wait. What? Hey!
什么
Hey, man. You gotta back up from the bars, man.
兄弟,不要靠近围栏
You can't talk to him, okay?
他无权和你说话
Hey, man, what's up?
怎么了
hey, when's the last time you talked with serena?
你上次和瑟琳娜说话是什么时候
She's not answering her phone.
她没接电话的那次
No, they took it away. It's part of her therapy.
他们把电话拿走了,治疗所需
Oh, so she's still at the Ostroff?
她还在治疗中心吗
That's good. I guess she's safe there.
太好了,在那儿就安全了
What do you mean? Safe from what?
什么意思
I was visiting my dad,
我去探望我的父亲
and I ran into Juliet's brother Ben?
结果却遇到了茱丽叶的哥哥本
He was really upset, and he, uh, seemed to think
他情绪很激动
Serena's in danger.
好像认为瑟琳娜有危险
From--from who? Juliet?
谁要下手,茱丽叶吗
I don't know. He didn't get a chance to say.
不知道,他没来得及说清楚
But, uh, we should probably go check on her.
但是很有可能,我们需要去看看瑟琳娜
Can you go? I'm in Staten Island.
你能去吗,我还在史坦顿岛呢
No, I'm...
不能
I'm with Blair and Damien in Connecticut.
我和布莱尔还有达米恩在康涅狄格州
It's a long story, but...
说来话长
All right, meet us at the Van Der Woodsens'.
好吧,那就在瑟琳娜家见吧
Serena should be okay where she is,
在治疗中心应该没事
But we--we need to find Juliet.
但我们得找到茱丽叶
Okay, I'll see you there.
好的,再见
S uh-
oh, S.
You've got a surprise visitor,
有不速之客来访哦
And she's about to give you shock therapy.
她将会给你带来休克治疗
Look, I think I figured it out.
让我们来理清一下思路
Okay, Serena had an affair with her teacher
瑟琳娜和她的老师纠结不清
Because, let's face it. It's Serena,
面对现实吧,那可是瑟琳娜
And what else is there to do in Connecticut?
除了她,在康涅狄格州还有谁干的出来这种事
Then she came to her senses and discarded him
然后她幡然悔悟抛弃了那个男的
Like last season's Chanel booties.
就像甩掉过季的香奈儿靴子一样
Then he became a crazy stalker, and Serena pressharges.
那男的变疯狂地追随,瑟琳娜却不理不睬
That should be a warning to you, Humphrey.
前车之鉴啊,汉弗瑞
Yeah, because the parallels are striking.
是啊,因为类似的人总是引人注目
Never-to-be-realized literary aspirations--check.
幻想也就是应当三思的理想
Townie--you're from Brooklyn, so check.
你来自布鲁克林,所以三思一下吧
And giving up everything to become
放弃一切
Serena Van Der Woodsen's stalker--check.
只为了追随瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森
Face it, humphrey.
面对现实吧,汉弗瑞
You are one knitted tie away from Mr. Donovan territory.
你就是他的悲剧的翻版
Yeah, except for the fact that stalker implies one-sided.
追随是一方的行为,而我们显然是两情相悦
Serena went to the saints and sinners ball
瑟琳娜去了圣徒与罪人舞会
Because she chose me.
就因为我才是她要的人
Yes, it was obvious this morning at the Ostroff center
很显然在治疗中心的那个早上
That Serena couldn't wait to be in your arms.
瑟琳娜等不及要投入你的怀抱
And for the record, I haven't given anything up
就这点来说,和瑟琳娜在一起
to be with Serena.
我没有放弃任何事
Oh, of course not... Besides your time and your dignity.
当然没有了,除了你的时间和尊严
You are chauffeuring me around, aren't you?
你开好的你的车就好
And I'm just curious.
我只是好奇
when was the last time you wrote anything?
上一次你写文章是什么时候
And scribbling "D. Loves s."
还标明了D爱S
All over your journal every night doesn't count.
除了你晚上写的日记
and the photo of me on "Gossip girl"--
还有我在八卦天后上的照片
That was you, too?
那也是你弄的,不是吗
Yep. I went out dressed like you
是的,我穿成你的样子
And partied like it was 2007.
然后就像2007年那次一样
And then you just left me for dead in a motel room--
然后你就把我那样扔在汽车旅馆
Why? Because of Nate or Colin?
为什么这么做,因为内特还是科林
No, you stupid bitch,
不是,是因为你这个小贱人
Because you destroyed my brother's life.
毁了我哥哥的一生
Who's your brother?
你哥哥是谁
Ben Donovan.
本?多内瓦
Ben is your brother?
本是你哥哥
Wh-what did I ever do to him?
我对他做了什么
The official charge is statutory rape
官方指控为法定强奸罪
And transporting a minor across state lines.
还有非法带未成年人出州界
But nothing happened.
但什么都没有发生过
The girl signed an affidavit stating otherwise.
但这女孩所签的口供可不是这样
I can't believe Serena would do this.
不敢相信瑟琳娜竟然这样做
Okay. So I prove my innocence in court.
好吧,我会在法庭证明自己的清白
It's her word against mine.
她是在污蔑我
I have to advise against going to trial.
我介意不要上法庭
They have a witness that saw you at the bed and breakfast.
他们有证人,看见你在在晚上和早上出现
You left campus with an underage student
你和一名未成年学生出校
And drove across state lines.
越过州界
To a library.
是去图书馆
I know. It's a bitter pill, but the girl's family
我知道,这让人难以消受,不过这女孩的家人
doesn't want the story to get out either,
也不希望此事外泄
So they pressured the d.A.
所以他们给地方法官施加压力
into offering a plea bargain.
要求他们提供认罪协议
They can do that?
他们能这么做吗
Serena's from a powerful family.
瑟琳娜家里有背景
And we're nobodies.
而我们什么都不是
A plea bargain keeps the case out of the papers
有了认罪协议,此事不会记录在案
And keeps your name off the national sex offenders list.
你的名字就不会出现在全国性骚扰犯罪的名单内
You can start over again.
你还可以重新生活
After I serve time for a crime I didn't commit.
在我蒙冤坐牢之后
I'm sorry, Ben.
很抱歉,本
Thanks to you,
托你的福
My brother's currently serving a 5-year sentence.
我哥现还没有坐完五年的牢
I swear, I never accused Ben of any crime.
我发誓,我从未起诉过本
He was nothing but good to me.
他对我那么好
I saw the affidavit.
我看过口供书
I didn't sign anything.
我没有签过任何文件
Then who did?
那是谁呢
Lily!
莉莉
The party's lovely.
这派对太棒了
Thank you.
谢谢
Now tell me, honestly, how is Serena doing?
你老实跟我说,瑟琳娜怎么样了
Oh, she's fine. She just needed a breather,
她很好,只是需要休息休息
And if it were up to me,
如果我能做主的话
She would be at canyon ranch right now, but they were booked.
她现在可能就在峡谷牧场,不过机票订满了
Actually, my sister needs more than a hot stone massage
虽然不是一次热石按摩就能让她好起来
to get better, but she's on her way to a full recovery.
不过我姐正在康复
I'm sorry,
不好意思
But that was what Serena wanted, and you know it.
那是瑟琳娜想要的,你知道的
Eric, somewhere between a marlins jersey
艾瑞克,在谎言与真实之间
And the absolute truth lies the better part of decorum.
是恰到好处的礼貌得体
Becoming an adult is about learning the distinction.
要长大成人,得学会拿捏分寸
You're doing some very exciting things, I hear.
我听说你正在做一些很激动人心的事
I appreciate that.
谢谢你这样说
Mom, hey.
妈妈
Oh, sweetheart, hi.
亲爱的
Well, looks like Lily heard the divorce is back on.
看起来莉莉已经听说离婚的事了
Look, I messed up. The house dad rented--
听着,是我搞砸了,爸爸租的那间房子
It was this place in Rhinebeck
在莱茵贝克
You guys went on your first vacation.
你们第一次去旅行的时候
He really did want to surprise you.
他确实想给你一个惊喜
I'm afraid it doesn't change anything.
恐怕这不能改变什么
But it's not his fault,
但这不是他的错
And now he's gonna have to go to a halfway house.
现在他不得不去住小旅馆
I'm sorry, Nate. It was never gonna work.
对不起,内特,没有用的
We were all just fooling ourselves.
我们都在自欺欺人
hi, Anne!
你好,安
The truth is, I need this more than I need your father.
事实是,比起你父亲,我更需要这个
Minnie, hi.
米妮,你好
How are you? Is that one of your designs?
你好吗,这是你设计的吗
It is. Oh! You look adorable.
是的,真漂亮
Thank you.
谢谢
Come. I need to catch up with you.
过来,我们聊一聊
Good evening. On behalf of Bass industries,
晚上好,我代表拜斯企业
I'd like to wish you all a very happy holiday.
祝你们有一个愉快的假期
I'd also like to acknowledge my stepmother
在此,我还要感谢我的继母
And all the work she's done for the company.
感谢她为公司所做的一切
Serena, what is she doing here?
瑟琳娜,她在这儿做什么
It's okay. I asked Juliet to come.
没事的,我叫茱丽叶来的
Wait here. I'm gonna go talk to my mom. Okay.
在这儿等等,我得先找我妈妈
When Charles asked me to take over, I was overwhelmed.
当恰克委任我接管公司,我当时有点不知所措
Serena will explain.
瑟琳娜会解释的
But he's family, and I've tried to do what's best
但是他的家庭,我一直尽最大努力
for my family. It's the one thing that has always guided me.
为我的家人着想,这种想法一直引导着我
Serena! What a lovely surprise.
瑟琳娜,真是惊喜啊
Everything okay?
你还好吗
I need to talk to you.
我想跟你谈谈
Okay. Well, let's just take a few photos real quick. Smile.
好的,我们先拍几张照片,微笑
What's going on?
怎么回事
I don't know, but I feel a little sick inside
我不知道,但我觉得有点反胃
And not just because I'm looking at him.
不是因为我看到了他
What, have you come to recruit another virgin
怎么样,你是不是还想找个处女
to be your drug mule?
来给你当毒贩
I would say, "Why, are you available?"
我会说,怎么,你想当吗
But I'm leaving. Thanks for the ride into the city.
不过我要走了,谢谢你载我进城
Okay, that's enough. Thanks for helping.
行了,够了,谢谢你帮忙
Just one more.
再来一张
I can't do this. Hi. I'm--I'm Serena.
我受不了了,大家好,我是瑟琳娜
I'm Lily's daughter. I wasn't gonna be able to make it tonight
莉莉的女儿,我本来今晚来不了的
Because, um, I was actually at the Ostroff center.
因为,事实上,我在奥斯特罗夫中心
But if it were up to my mother,
但如果我妈妈能说了算
She'd have you believe that I was at canyon ranch.
她一定让你们认为我正在峡谷牧场
That's because having a daughter who's in a mental hospital
因为一个进了精神病医院的女儿
threatens her carefully protected image.
会损了她精心呵护的形象
She wants you all to think that she's the perfect host
她希望所有人认为她是个完美的主人
And mother and wife, but the truth is
完美的母亲,完美的妻子,不过事实是
She's a selfish liar who will destroy anyone
她是一个自私的骗子,谁挡她的路
Who stands in her way.
谁就要遭殃
Time to turn on the charm, Lily,
莉莉,是时候展现魅力了
Because your perfect party just turned into the perfect storm.
因为你那完美的派对转眼变成了一场暴风雨
I apologize. I told Serena she couldn't take
很抱歉,我告诉瑟琳娜不要坐公司的飞机
the company plane to Belize for christmas break,
去伯利兹度假
And apparently, she took it harder than I realized.
很明显,我没想到她这么任性
Go find out what's going on with your sister.
去看看你姐这是怎么了
Please, Rufus, take the holiday to get things under control.
鲁弗斯,趁着假期把事态控制下来
With the upcoming sale of Bass industries,
拜斯实业出售在即
we don't need any more surprises.
可不要再搞出什么"惊喜"
Lily said she told you.
莉莉说她告诉过你
Of course. Forgive me. Um, it's been a dizzying few days.
是的,抱歉,最近事情比较混乱
Look, I don't know what's going on,
听着,我不知道具体发生了什么事
But Serena brought Juliet here tonight.
但是今晚瑟琳娜把茱丽叶带来了
Don't take one step closer to her.
别想靠近她半步
How do you feel about prison food
监狱里的伙食,还有光身搜查
and daily strip searches?
合你胃口吗
B, it's okay. I talked to Juliet. B
没关系,我和茱丽叶谈过了
She's not the problem anymore. It's my mom.
她不再是麻烦了,是我妈的错
Well, clearly, she's drugged Serena again.
很显然,她又给瑟琳娜下药了
Dan, write a list of everything
丹,列出所有
Damien said that he sold to Juliet, and, you,
达米恩卖给茱丽叶药物的清单,还有你
look at the list and tell us
看看那个清单,告诉我们
which one of those drugs
哪种药
causes you to repeatedly trust psychopaths.
导致你一再的相信这个变态
And you call the police.
你去报警
Okay, nobody is calling the police.
听着,谁都不准报警
I know everything that Juliet did,
我对茱丽叶的所作所为一清二楚
and nothing excuses it,
虽然都是不可饶恕的
but the Van der Woodsens are not putting any more
但范德?伍德森家不会
of her family members behind bars.
再将她家的任何人送进监狱
Juliet, I'll find a way to get Ben out of prison,
茱丽叶,我会想办法把本从监狱里弄出来的
I promise.
我发誓
You're free to go now.
你现在可以走了
What? No! No, this is unacceptable.
什么,不,不,这可不行
Juliet has tried to hurt you too many times.
茱丽叶反反复的伤害你
You can't just let her walk away.
你不能就这么轻易饶了她
Blair's right, Serena.
布莱尔说的对,瑟琳娜
I promise I won't do anything to harm Serena again,
我保证不会再做任何伤害瑟琳娜的事
or anyone else for that matter.
或与之相关的人
Yeah, that's reassuring.
是啊,这种保证说得到轻巧
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I just spent a day
我和丹?汉弗瑞
in a... car with Dan Humphrey to try to track her down,
在车里守了一天,就是为了抓住她
and you're just letting her leave.
而你就这么放她走了
I really need someone to tell me what's going on.
我想知道这到底是怎么回事
Okay, look, I'll explain everything to everyone.
听着,我会跟大家解释所发生的一切
I just need to talk to my mom first.
不过我得先和我妈谈谈
I apologize, Charles.
我道歉,查尔斯
It seems that my biological children
看来我的亲生儿女们
don't understand that when business is at stake,
都不明白当生意危危可芨之时
you need to leave your dirty laundry in the hamper.
需要将脏衣服放进衣筐里
Is that what Ben Donovan was to you--dirty laundry?
本?多诺万对你来说,就是"脏衣服"吗
Who's Ben Donovan?
本?多诺万是谁
He was my boarding school teacher.
他是我在寄宿学校时的老师
Mom falsely accused him of statutory rape,
我妈诬告他强奸未成年少女罪
so now he's serving time for a crime he didn't commit.
他正为自己根本没有犯下的罪行服刑
Is that what the ostroff center calls treatment these days?
那就是康复中心这些天的治疗结果吗
Public scenes and false accusations?
当众无理取闹,无端指责
Juliet is Ben's sister. She told me everything.
茱丽叶是本的妹妹,她告诉了我一切
So, please, no more lying. What happened?
所以请你别再撒谎了,到底发生了什么
You wanted to come home, and I wanted you here.
当时你想回家,我也希望你回来
But when Constance saw your records from Knightley,
但是当康斯坦斯看到你在奈特利的记录
they wouldn't take you back,
就不再愿意接收你
and it was the same with all the decent schools.
所有的好学校都不会愿意
And I-I was worried about your future,
我很担心你的未来
so I went to Knightley
所以我就去了奈特利
and talked to the administration.
和学校高层谈了谈
Of course you did.
你当然会那么做
Well, when I was on campus,
我在校园里
there were some girls gossiping about you.
听到一些女孩讲你的闲话
They said that you had spent the night
他们说你和一个老师过夜
at a bed and breakfast with one of your teachers.
还一起吃早餐
That was just gossip.
那些只是流言蜚语
Well, it was gossip I could use to our advantage.
没错,是一些我可以利用的流言
I expressed my concern to the school
我向学校表达了我的担心
that one of their teachers was having
告诉他们有一个老师
an inappropriate relationship with my underage daughter.
和我未成年的女儿有不正当关系
So you sent Ben to prison
所以为了能让我我回康斯坦斯
so that I could go to Constance?
你就将本弄进了监狱
Well, no! O-of course not.
不,当然不是
But after I left, the school... alerted the authorities,
但是我离开之后,学校通知了当局
and then I didn't know what I had set in motion
直到地方检察官联系我
until I was contacted by the D.A.,
我才清楚这件事的后果
and by then, it was too late.
到那时候,已经太晚了
What, too late to tell the truth?
什么,太晚说出真相吗
So you just destroy a man's life,
所以你就这样毁了一个男人的生活
all so that you can keep up appearances?
就为了你的面子
No, I did this for you,
不,我做这些都是为了你
for your future.
为了你的未来
Look, it's not like Mr. Donovan was guilt-free.
多诺万先生也不是完全无辜的
He--he shouldn't have been having an affair with a student.
他不该和学生有染
But he didn't do anything. Nothing ever happened.
但是他什么都没做,什么事都没有发生
Serena, you don't have to protect him.
瑟琳娜,你不必替他说话
I'm not protecting him.
我没有替他说话
He never touched me, mom.
他从来都没有碰过我,妈妈
You sent an innocent man to prison.
你将一个无辜的人送入了监狱
Look, everyone here has crossed the line at some point
听着,在座的人为了保护他们关心的人
to protect someone they care about.
都曾经做过一些过分的事
Sometimes... there's collateral damage.
有时,会带来一些伤害
It's not so easy when you're the collateral damage.
当你受到伤害时,事情就不那么简单了
Maybe it's time to put everything on the table.
也许到了摊牌的时候了
Lily, do you have something you need to tell Chuck?
莉莉,有些事你是不是该告诉恰克
Well, if there was something I wanted to tell Charles,
如果有一些事我想告诉恰克
I would have told him.
我早就告诉他了
Lily's selling Bass industries.
莉莉准备卖掉拜斯实业
It's all very complicated. I had to talk to the board first.
这很复杂,我不得不得先和董事会谈
I trusted you with my father's company.
我信任你,才把我父亲的公司交给你
I want it back...
我现在想立即
immediately.
收回所有产业
Do you really think the board would allow me to give
你真的认为董事会,会让我把公司交给
the company to someone who just disappeared for three months?
一个刚刚失踪三个月的人吗
Your instability is the reason that I ended up in charge
你的不安定是我想卖掉公司的
in the first place.
主要原因
I won't let you do this, Lily.
我不会让你得逞的,莉莉
Serena, I'm so sorry. Please believe me.
瑟琳娜,很抱歉,请相信我
You have to.
你必须要相信我
I don't have to do anything for you ever again.
我再也不必须为你做任何事了
I...
I didn't wanna hurt anyone, Rufus.
我不想伤害任何人,鲁弗斯
I really thought I was helping.
我以为是在帮他们
I'm sorry, Lily. I-I don't know that I believe that anymore.
对不起,莉莉,我不觉得我还会再信你
They say you reap what you sow.
俗话说,种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆
Better get out your gardening gloves, Lily.
赶紧准备好你的手套吧,莉莉
Looks like you're going to have a bumper crop this year.
看来你今年可要大丰收了
See, I told ya,
看,我说的吧
food is more delicious when you cook it yourself.
自己做的食物就是好吃
Yep, that's why we're gonna end this experiment
那么接下来,我们就该以中层阶级的生活方式
in middle class living and call housekeeping to clean up.
了结此事,叫家政服务来收拾残局
No way! I stuck my hand up a turkey's butt.
没门,为了做火鸡大餐,我费了多大劲啊
You're not getting out of your job.
你们可别想吃完就走人
Well, I provided the location, so I did my part.
我提供了场所,我的任务完成了
Now I'm off to New Zealand to enjoy a taste of summer
现在我打算去新西兰享受夏日气息
and girls who like sex games in the rain forest.
顺道和喜欢雨林性游戏的美女们约个会去
Well, I'll help clear. It's only fitting,
好吧,我来打扫,只有看着我买菜
seeing as I did the shopping, set the table,
铺桌子,做饭
and oversaw the cooking.
你们才能如此之爽
All right.
好吧
Is that lily?
是莉莉打来的吗
By proxy. She's in montecito
她的代理打来的,她在蒙特西托
so she's having Cece call.
所以她让茜茜给我打电话
Is Rufus going to join her?
鲁弗斯也会过去吗
Yeah, but he's driving out on his own.
会,但他自己开车过去
He kind of needs time to clear his head.
他需要点时间理清头绪
See? I told you road trips are strictly for Humphreys.
看,驱车旅行,典型的汉弗瑞家族风格
Since my mom isn't going to help get Ben out of jail,
既然我妈不打算帮我把本弄出来
I wanna find the judge whose name is on the affidavit.
那我就自己去找审理那件案子的法官
I think that he lives upstate, so I thought I'd turn it
我想他应该住在州北部,所以我也打算
into a road trip. Why don't you come with me?
来一次驱车旅行,你跟我一起去吧
Uh, how long were you thinking?
大概要多久
Well, I have to be back by the time school starts.
我得在开学前赶回来
I called Dean Reuther and explained that
我给鲁瑟院长打过电话,跟她解释了
it wasn't me that dropped out. She was not happy,
我没有发退学短信,虽然她不太高兴
but she did reinstate me.
但她还是恢复了我的学籍
Good-bye, friends, Dan.
再见了,朋友们,还有丹
I'll see you in the new year.
明年见
Wait. I'll, uh, I'll walk you out. Here.
等等,我送你出去,帮我拿着
New zealand?
新西兰
That's awfully close to Australia.
离澳大利亚也太近了吧
You know me. I like the heat.
你了解我的,我喜欢高温酷暑
Well, you'll get plenty of it if you try to make a deal
那可不,试图和恶魔做交易
with the devil. Jack will never help you.
无异于引火上身,杰克不会帮你的
Maybe, but a shared enemy makes for unlikely friends.
也许吧,同仇敌忾或许会让我们团结起来
You ready?
好了吗
Happy holidays, Blair.
假日愉快,布莱尔
Hey. I'm sorry to just spring a road trip on you like that.
嘿,抱歉,突然拉你去驱车旅行
I didn't even ask what your plans for the break were.
我都没过问你,你假期有什么安排
Oh, no, I don't really have any plans.
没事,我假期没什么安排
I was... sort of hoping to hang out with you
我早就想和你一起出去了
and... go see some movies, maybe get some writing done.
看个电影什么的,或者写点东西
Well, then why don't you come with me?
那你就和我一起去吧
You could still write. Come on. It would be so much fun.
途中你也可以写东西,这会很有趣的
It would be just the two of us listening to the radio
只有我们两个人一起,听着电台
and eating roadside food and do a little recon along the way.
吃着路边食物,修补我们的关系
What do you say? I think it would be good for us.
你觉得呢,我认为这对我俩都好
But would it be good for you?
但这样对你好吗
Serena, I would love to go away with you,
瑟琳娜,我很想跟你一起走
but it feels like this trip
但我觉得,这次旅行
is something you might need to do on your own.
恐怕还是得由你自己来完成
I've been trying so hard to prove to the world
我一直努力的向全世界证明
that I've changed.
我已经改变了
But I think the person that doubted the most was me.
但那个对此最怀疑的人, 恰恰就是我
I'm gonna work on that.
我会努力的
And you'll succeed. I know you will.
你能行的,我知道你能行
I mean, I know you better than anyone.
我是说,我比任何人都了解你
Be safe.
路上小心
Whenever we gave up something we really care about
在我们放弃我们真正在乎的东西时
we hope that the universe
我们总是希望上天
will reward our selfless choice.
会回报我们无私的选择
Hey, dad, how's it going?
老爸,最近怎么样
I've done some research
我看了一些
on my options for halfway houses,
戒护院的资料
and some of them aren't too bad.
其中一些还可以
I mean, after prison,
当然是跟监狱比起来
It's not like I need the four seasons.
我又不是要在那里待一整年
What about the empire?
你觉得帝国大厦怎么样
What do you mean?
什么
Well, I spoke with the parole board.
我跟保释委员会谈过了
I gave them my address as
我给了他们,我的地址
where you'll be reporting in January.
作为你一月份报到的地点
I want you to come back to a home.
我想让你回家
Thank you, Nate.
谢谢你,内特
I can't tell you how much this means to me.
这对我真的很重要
Well, I'm out buying you some new clothes.
我出去给你买了些新衣服
I know you've been locked away for a while,
我知道你被关进去有些日子了
but no one's wearing orange this season.
不过这个季节可没人穿橙色衣服
However, it's not always fate that gives us a gift.
然而,给我们带来礼物的,并不仅有命运
Sometimes it's someone closer to home.
有时候,也会是家人
What are you still doing here?
你还在这干什么
Shouldn't you be off living your dream--
你不是该和你梦寐以求的
days on end in a real car with serena?
瑟琳娜一起驱车去旅行了吗
No, I'm staying here, so actually,
不,我不去了,因此
I'll be living out my nightmare,
我即将活在人间炼狱里
trapped in the city with only Blair Waldorf to talk to.
被困在一个只能和布莱尔?霍道夫聊天的城市
Nate's here.
内特也在
I'll share custody as long as I'm in first position.
只要我在第一位,我就有监护权
No, Nate's with his grandfather.
不,内特会和他的祖父待在一起
Eric, then.
还有艾瑞克
Gstaad with Elliot. Please don't continue down the list.
和埃利奥特在格施塔德,别再一一列举了
I promise you, it's just me. I won't be calling.
我保证,只有我一个,我不会给你打电话的
I'm gonna be very busy writing,
我要忙着写东西
turning Vanessa's room into an office,
把瓦内萨的房间改造成办公室
Seeing "Ninette" at the film forum.
去影院看"尼内特"
I'm seeing "Ninette" At film forum.
我也要去影院看"尼内特"
You like french documentaries about orangutans?
你喜欢关于猩猩的法国纪录片
"Ninette" Is an inspiration.
"尼内特"能启发人的灵感
Last summer, I'd go to the jardin des plantes
去年夏天我特意跑去巴黎植物园
all the time just to visit her.
就是为了去看她
If we happen to run into each other,
如果我们偶然碰到了
please don't sit next to me.
千万别坐我旁边
I wouldn't think of it.
我绝对没这种想法
Let's just finish these dishes so we can go home, all right?
我们还是快点洗完盘子回家吧
I'll wash. You dry.
我来洗,你来擦
You wouldn't know how to handle Redel.
该怎么洗
This coming from the one holding what appears to be
难以置信这话居然是从一个拿着
a bottle of l'occitane shampoo.
一瓶欧舒丹洗涤剂的人口中说出的
You can't wash good wine glasses in common dish soap.
平常的洗涤剂洗不了好酒杯
Just follow my lead, Humphrey.
跟着我做就行了,汉弗瑞
You're used to doing that.
你不是都习惯了吗
Could you please just tell me what's going on?
你能不能告诉我,到底发生了什么
My mom and sister are out of town,
我母亲和妹妹都出城了
so I know they aren't visiting.
这会他们肯定不会来探视
Serena. What are you doing here?
瑟琳娜,你怎么来了
I had to come see you.
我得来看看你
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该从何说起
Neither do I.
我也是
But I feel like I should start.
但我觉得应该由我先开口
If you love someone, set them free.
如果你爱他,就给他自由吧
X.O.X.O., gossip girl.
X.O.X.O. 八卦天后

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stake [steik]

想一想再看

n. 桩,赌注,利害关系
v. 下注,用桩支撑

联想记忆
consult [kən'sʌlt]

想一想再看

v. 商讨,向 ... 请教,查阅

 
liar ['laiə]

想一想再看

n. 说谎者

联想记忆
therapy ['θerəpi]

想一想再看

n. 疗法,治疗

 
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆
gossip ['gɔsip]

想一想再看

n. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人
vi.

 
dizzying ['diziiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 极快的,极高的

 
sticky ['stiki]

想一想再看

adj. 粘的,闷热的,困难的,令人不满意的

 
dignity ['digniti]

想一想再看

n. 尊严,高贵,端庄

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。