I have sand in the weirdest places.
我的私处都进了沙子
Jones beach? Don't be so sure it's sand.
在这琼斯海滩,那可不一定是沙子(长岛的海滩之一,纽约人常去的玩水圣地)
hold up.
等等
We got hitchers.
有人搭车
Made it. I see that.
终于赶上了,是啊,
Girls on the hop.
美女坐我腿上
You gotta get up.
恐怕只能委屈你坐我腿上了
All I want to say is I did not plan this.
我只想说,我不是故意要占你便宜
Nobody talk. I'm really stoned.
都别说话,我醉得头痛欲裂
I'm sorry.
抱歉
You're like a pound or less.
你轻盈若无物
I see you went in.
我看到你进去的
I like the water.
我喜欢这里的水
Can I quote you on that?
我能借用下这句话吗
I'm learning.
我正在学游泳
Oh my god. You're a slob. Shh!
天,你这里真乱,嘘,
we have to be quiet. I have a roommate.
轻点,我室友还在呢
God I love your shoulders.
天,我爱你娇嫩的香肩
You look like you're in the olympics.
你就像奥林匹克山上的女神
You never stop talking.
你就不能闭嘴吗
It was like the movies.
就像电影一样
One minute we're listening to a lecture on rhododendrons
前一刻我们还在听个杜鹃花讲座
The next Patricia is driving like a speed racer to the hospital.
下一刻,帕特丽夏就像赛车手般飞车赶去医院了
And Trudy keeps apologizing in the back seat.
特鲁迪坐在后座不断道歉
We're saying "It's okay. Nobody cares.
我们安慰她,没事的,没人介意
You're having a baby!"
你就要当妈妈了
Meanwhile Campbell's on the back nine with his fatherinlaw
那个时候,坎贝尔正跟他岳父一起打高尔夫
who's also a client.
他也是我们的客户
Well that's a nice way to end a round.
以这种方式结束比赛倒是挺有意思的
Ken Cosgrove. Don't get up.
肯·科斯格罗夫,别起来了
John Flory.
约翰·弗洛瑞
This is my fiancee Cynthia
这位是我未婚妻辛西娅
Her parents Ed and Lillian Baxter.
这二位是她的双亲,埃德和莉莉安·伯克斯特
Sorry to interrupt. It's a pleasure.
抱歉打扰,欢迎之至,
Nice to meet you. Aren't you lucky?
幸会,你真是幸福,
I'm spending my Sunday night with Dodge.
我的周日夜都用来招待道奇那些客户了
Nice to see you Ken. And I'm sorry about you know.
能碰到你真好,肯,关于那件事我很遗憾
My condolences. Oh David Montgomery?
节哀,哦,大卫·蒙哥马利那事,
I was only there for about six months. I didn't really know him.
我就在那呆了6周,几乎不认识他
Oh. Right.
哦,对哦
Well I should be on my way.
我该忙去了
It was nice meeting you all.
很高兴见到各位
Flory.
弗洛瑞
Look you're with your family.
你正享受天伦之乐呢
I shouldn't have said anything. You didn't.
别让我坏了你兴致,不会,
What's going on?
到底怎么回事
Lucky strike.
幸福时光香烟
They're coming over to us.
他们要转投我们公司了
What?
什么
Look you didn't hear it from me okay?
听着,别说是我告诉你的,行吗
you're winding me up.
你在耍我吧
No. American tobacco came in last Monday
不是,美国烟草公司上周来的
Said they're moving all the brands to us.
说他们旗下所有品牌都由我们公司做
Well that's not true.
那不可能的
Someone should tell Lee Garner Jr. That.
这话你该跟小李·加勒说
Sorry.
抱歉
You okay son?
你没事吧,孩子
Whenever ad men meet all they ever do is brag and brag.
广告人的聚会,一向都只有自吹自擂
It's hard not to get rattled.
想不生气都难
Ed Lillian you'll have to excuse me.
埃德,莉莉安,请恕我失陪
Sweetheart I swear to you I wouldn't do this
亲爱的,原谅我,要不是情况紧急
If it wasn't serious.
我必不会如此
Ken! What a pleasant surprise!
肯,你怎么会来这儿
There's nothing much to celebrate yet.
现在还没到庆祝的时候
They were going to send Trudy home but her mother protested.
医生建议特鲁迪先回家,但她妈妈拒绝了
I sent her for food just to get rid of her.
我打发她去买点吃的了
Anyway I suppose your visit is premature.
总之,你好像来早了(一词多义,早产)
I shouldn't use that word around here. Can I talk to you?
我这会真不该提这个词的,能跟你谈谈吗,
John Flory some prik over at B.B.D.O.
约翰·弗洛瑞,天联广告公司的一个家伙
Just told me that lucky strike is going there.
刚告诉我,幸福时光香烟要转投他们公司
What?
什么
you made me wait for you while you worked.
你就知道忙工作,让我好等
I'm not waiting anymore.
我再也不想等了
I should get it.
我得接个电话
Of course. The kids.
当然,肯定是孩子们打来的
Hello? It's Pete.
喂,我是皮特,
Have you heard anything about lucky strike leaving?
你有没有听说幸福时光香烟要转投别家了
No. Ken heard from somebody at B.B.D.O
没有,肯从天联广告公司的人那听说的,
That lucky's coming over. Bullship. Call Roger.
说他们要接手了,胡说,打给罗杰,
I did. He's out.
我打过了,他外出了
Wake Cooper. Meet me in the office.
叫醒库珀,我们办公室见
What happened? I'm not sure.
怎么了,还不确定,
I have to make a call.
我得打个电话
Hello?
人呢
What's going on?
怎么回事
Ken here heard that lucky strike is leaving.
肯刚听说,幸福时光香烟要转投别家了
That they've already left. What?
他们已经定下合作事宜了,什么,
Who told you what? John Flory.
谁告诉你的,约翰·弗洛瑞,
He's an account executive at B.B.D.O. That's where they're going.
他是天联的客户经理,就是他们接手
No. That's impossible. Call him.
不,不可能,打给他证实下,
I'm telling you it's impossible.
我说了这不可能
Don't lose your temper.
别发脾气
Somebody call Lane in London?
有人打去伦敦通知莱恩了吗
Yeah I don't think he'll go back to sleep.
打了,估计他也睡不着了
Could I get a drink?
能帮我倒杯酒吗
It's ringing.
接通了
Lee. Roger Sterling.
李,我是罗杰·斯特林
From your agency?
代理你们广告的那个
Well it's serious.
这事刻不容缓
He's drunk.
他喝醉了
You're dare right I heard.
我当然听说了
Because you can consolidate your business here.
因为大合并以后的广告业务,我们也可以做
Just because your father's non compos mentis
你父亲简直是大脑失常,举动疯狂
Doesn't mean you have to listen to the board.
但你不必事事都听董事会的
It's bullshit! Lee!
一派胡言,李
30 years?!
30年的交情,
I have to hear it on the street?
我还得从别人那儿听说这事
No review? Nothing?!
没有转圜余地了吗,都不可能了吗
He hung up.
他挂了
It's true?
是真的吗
I need to sit down
我需要坐一会儿
Tomorrow morning
明天一早
we're getting on the 6:00 A.M. to raleighdurham.
我们赶6点的飞机去罗利达勒姆
I'll do it.
我去吧
I've known him half my life.
我认识他半辈子了
I need a drink.
给我杯酒
What time is it? Midnight.
几点了,半夜了,
You want one?
要来一杯吗
Looks like you need both.
看上去你一杯都不够
It looks like lucky strike might have gone south.
幸福时光香烟这客户似乎是留不住了
Holy crap.
太糟糕了
Obviously we'd like to avoid that information getting out.
显然这消息目前还不能泄露出去
What happened?
怎么回事
Supposedly they're consolidating
他们想实行广告业务合并
for a reduced commission at B.B.D.O.
统一交给天联去做,减少代理费用
Hey watch it. You have to keep a clear head.
少喝点,你得保持头脑清醒
Every day I tried not to think about
每天,我都避免去想
what would happen if this happened.
万一这事发生了,我们将如何是好
Aw look at that plum.
看你那梅红色的脸
What's that? That face.
什么,脸都成红色的了,
You're the most hirable man on Madison Avenue.
你是麦迪逊大道最炙手可热的广告人
I'm not at that point yet.
还没到跳槽的地步吧
Okay.
好吧
Where's Trudy? Her mother's got her all worked up.
特鲁迪呢,她妈妈带她出去走动走动,
She made such a stink.
她在这儿坐立不安
And that thing's at least another day away.
估计还有好几天才能生
Can I see her?
我可以见她吗
Have you been drinking?
你是不是喝酒了
You need to calm down.
你得冷静下来
I was at a ballgame when Trudy was born.
特鲁迪出生的时候,我还在看球赛呢
Go about your business.
去忙公事去吧
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Could I speak with you candidly?
我能跟你坦白说吗
Always. I'd like to think I'm more to you than a typical fatherinlaw.
当然,我很希望对你来说我不只是岳父而已
You are. That's the problem. It's about business.
的确,这就是问题所在,是关于业务的
There's no business in here son.
现在不谈公事,孩子
We may have lost Lucky Strike.
我们可能失去幸福时光香烟了
I'm sure this agency was a thrill
我就知道新公司只是昙花一现
but you've had your folly.
你一时失误才会选择加入
That's not right Tom.
不是那样的,汤姆
I haven't stayed at Vick Chemical for 28 years because I love it.
我留在维克制药28年,不是因为我爱那里
It's because I have a family.
而是因为我要养家糊口
Any minute here you will too.
很快,你将面临同样的境况
This still can work. I'm not rooting against you.
公司或许可以度过难关啊,我没说不行啊,
You've got my account for god's sake.
无论如何,你还手握我这个客户呢
It's just...
只是
You're a frequent topic at C.G.C.
在C.G.C广告公司,大家常提到你
Apparently you were a tough act to follow
显然,你的工作成绩是他们望尘莫及的
when we moved Clearasil over there.
克利拉思转到那边以后立刻暴露无遗
Ted Chaough? I hate him.
泰德·赵吗,我很讨厌他
He's a good guy.
他是个好人
He's not interested in me. He's just trying to hobble Don.
他并非真的对我有兴趣,他只是想借机让唐难堪
There's no reward in going down with the ship.
同归于尽无利益,识时务者为俊杰
I have an agency. I'm a partner.
公司也有我的一部分,我是合伙人
I found him.
我找到他了
He was down at the candy machines dozed off.
他在糖果机那里打瞌睡
Can I see her? No.
我可以见她吗,不行,
She finally went to sleep.
她好不容易睡了
Why don't you just go back to the candy machines and we'll wait?
不如你再回糖果机那里打个盹儿,我们继续等
I'm sorry about that.
我很抱歉
The air conditioning guy's supposed to be there at 8:00.
冷气工人应该八点会到
I guess I'll see you then.
期待下次再会
You don't want me to go?
你不希望我走吗
I want you to do whatever you usually do.
你就像平常一样过日子就行了
Hey I don't usually do anything.
我平常什么都不做
Really?
真的吗
Can't you tell by how badly I'm leaving?
你看不出我不擅长离别吗
I'm not letting you leave.
我不会让你离开的
What about your air?
你的冷气怎么办
You're unbelievable.
你简直让人欲罢不能
I'm sorry. I'm not usually like this.
真抱歉,我通常不是这样的
Hello? I just walked out of there.
你好,我刚走出他的办公室,
It's over.
没救了
I see. Since his father got sick
我知道了,自从他父亲病了之后,
the board took over. There's no point in talking to them.
权力都落到董事会手里,跟他们谈纯粹是浪费时间
He said we did good work.
他说我们的广告做的非常出色
Our clients need to hear this from us.
这话应该说给我们的客户听
I know Bert. Don't wait for me.
我知道,伯特,别等我了
I'm standing by Lee's receptionist.
我正站在李公司的接待处
I didn't want to have to pay for the longdistance call.
我可不想付长途电话费
Very well then.
很好
Lane Pryce isn't coming back.
莱恩·普莱斯不会回来了
That's my guess.
我猜是宣布这事儿
I think they'd do that in a memo.
那种小事,根本不会如此劳师动众
I got $5 that says Cooper's retiring.
我出五块,赌库珀要宣布退休
No champagne?
没有香槟吗
I'd say he's got cancer.
我猜他可能得了癌症
It's in bigger print now.
字体都放大了
Everyone? If we could have your attention please?
各位请安静,有要事宣布
Bert.
伯特
"We have called this meeting of our nearest and dearest
此次召集全体员工共同出席大会,
to let you know of a change in the agency.
旨在通知公司的一项巨变
After 30 years of consummate service
经过30年的愉快合作
American tobacco has reluctantly decided
美国烟草公司艰难地做出决定
to consolidate their business
实行业务大合并
at Batten Barton Durstine and Osborn".
并将所有广告业务转投天联公司
Damn it.
该死
"So what does this mean to you?"
这对各位来说意味着什么呢,
Now Donald Draper partner creative director.
现在有请唐纳德·德雷柏,公司合伙人,创意总监
Pete Campbell and Ken Cosgrove
皮特·坎贝尔跟肯·科斯格罗夫
will handle calls to clients.
会负责打电话给客户
Those are the only calls we want made with this news.
除了他们,这一消息我们将不对任何人泄露
Now we've had a pretty good year.
公司本年度业绩蒸蒸日上
We've gained more accounts than we've lost a lot more
我们争取到的新客户,比失去的旧客户多的多
Because our work is thoughtful and effective
因为我们的广告作品构思新颖,效果显着
Even Lucky Strike said so
连幸福时光都这么说
which means that nothing should change.
这意味着一切仍将如常
Nothing will change.
不会有任何改变
We're gonna push ourselves shoulder to shoulder
我们将一起肩并肩度过这个难关
and we're gonna overcome this and succeed tenfold
取得比以前更辉煌的成就
and it will be exhilarating.
最终的胜利必将鼓舞人心
Joe?
乔,
As Don said nothing is going to change.
如唐所说,一切如常
There's only a small modification in policy.
但公司规章制度上会做一些小调整
Anything out of the ordinary
一切特殊事件
must be approved by myself Joan Harris or Lane Pryce.
必须征询我,琼·哈里斯和莱恩·普莱斯的意见
and that said inquiries as to paychecks and advances...
比如,薪资或是升迁之类的事宜
What's going on? That's the head of accounting.
发生什么事了,那是会计部领导,
What do you think's going on?
你觉得发生了什么事
Any questions?
有任何问题请现在提出
Nothing?
没有吗
Okay. If you want to talk to me individually
好吧,如果有人想私下里找我谈谈
I'll be in my office.
我在办公室恭候
What happened? We lost Lucky Strike.
出什么事了,我们失去了幸福时光,
Jesus.
天啊
But it sounds like everything's under control.
但听起来一切似乎还在掌控之中
I've got to go to a meeting.
我得去参加个会议
Peggy Freddy Danny Stan in my office.
佩奇,弗雷迪,丹尼,斯坦,来我办公室
We're in some trouble here.
公司现在有大麻烦了
Creative needs to be on its toes.
创意人员要引起警惕
Is it a "Last hired last fired" Sort of thing?
一旦要开除员工,是不是会拿新人开刀
You're in this room. That's all I can say.
至少现在还没开除你,我只能这么说
Now myself and the other partners
我和公司其他合伙人
will be out there beating the bushes for new business
会去积极寻找新客户
But creative's job is to hold on to what we have.
而创意人员的任务就是留住老客户
That means client's ideas should seem better than they normally do.
也就是说,我们要比平常更重视客户的意见
For the next few weeks the only words you know
接下来的几周,你们必须面对客户时只能说
Are "Yes sir." yes sir.
遵命,先生,遵命,先生,
That means Stan
这意味着,斯坦
you babysit that Samsonite shoot every day.
你必须每天去监督新秀丽的广告拍摄工作
Peggy the Playtex presentation is still set for tomorrow.
佩奇,倍得适的广告展示将在明天如期举行
I'll bring in my notes. I can prep you in 10 minutes.
我去拿我的笔记,大概在10分钟后可以做简报
No. You're still gonna do it.
不,还是由你来做
It'll look desperate if I'm suddenly involved.
如果我突然参与,会让他们觉得公司已经穷途末路了
So what about it then? Be successful.
那该怎么做呢,只许成功,不许失败,
I'm not worried.
我一点都不担心
Okay. Let's skip the gossip out there.
好了,废话不多说了
Get to work.
都去忙吧
Peggy?
佩奇
you're not worried?
你不担心吗
I don't know. You seem to have everything in hand.
我不知道,你看上去大局在握
Should I be worried?
我该担心吗
We don't even know how bad this is gonna be until Lane shows up.
莱恩不出现,我们甚至不知道情况到底会有多严重
Every time something good happens something bad happens.
果然情场得意,商场失意
I knew I'd pay for it.
我就知道我会付出点代价的
You're not paying for anything.
你不需要付出任何代价
But I'm counting on you.
我对你寄予厚望
Close that will you?
能把门带上吗
Joan Harris. Joanie I'm glad you're there.
琼·哈里斯,琼妮,我很高兴你在,
I'm so sorry.
我很遗憾
I feel so guilty.
我觉得好愧疚啊
It's not your fault.
这不是你的错
I need to see you.
我得见你
I need you to come down here.
我要你来这里
I'm not flying to Raleigh.
我才不要飞去罗利呢
When do you get back? No I'm here.
你什么时候回来,不,我还在这儿呢,
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
Mr. Cooper said he spoke with you.
库珀先生说他跟你通过话了
He did but I didn't go.
确实,但我没去
Damn it Roger. Get on a plane.
该死,罗杰,赶快飞过去啊
You're very persuasive in person.
你当面交谈非常有说服力
There's no point.
没救了
It's been over for weeks.
几周前一切就结束了
Garner was supposed to give me a month.
加勒原本答应给我一个月时间的
The bastard couldn't keep to it.
可那混蛋却不守信用
You knew about it?!
你早就知道了
I can't believe you. We could've done something.
你简直不可理喻,我们或许可以采取补救措施的
Don't yell at me.
别对我吼
You know what it's been like walking around with this?
你以为我隐瞒着这消息心里好受吗
I got a hole in my gut.
简直如鲠在喉,如坐针毡
What am I supposed to do with this information?
你现在告诉了我,我该作何反应
I'm sorry.
对不起
But I need you to know why I need to see you.
我只是想让你知道,为什么我想见你
You should've told me.
你早该跟我说的
Why didn't you tell me?
你之前为什么不告诉我
I kept meaning to say something.
我一直想跟你说
I thought I still had time. I don't know.
我以为时间还有很多,我脑子乱了
I should go. There's a lot of work to do.
我要挂了,还有很多工作要忙
Come after work.
下班了过来吧
I'm at the Statler.
我在斯塔特勒酒店
I had to stay away from midtown.
我得离市中心远点
I'll have to see.
到时候再说吧
I think my setup is good
我觉得我的创意挺不错
But Don always has these little examples at the end
但唐会在最后加一些例子,画龙点睛
that explain to the client how big the idea is.
让客户感受到我们的创意是多么精彩绝伦
They're always kind of poetic.
他的作品总是那么富有诗意
So get Don to write it. We can't lose this.
那就让唐来写,我们不能丢了这么大的客户
Since when do we have donuts?
什么时候开始有甜甜圈吃了
Condemned man always gets his choice of a last meal.
人之将死,美食相送
You know what Pete Campbell just said to me?
你知道皮特?坎贝尔刚才对我说什么了吗
He said if anybody sends a resume out of here
他说要是有人敢向其它公司投简历
they're gonna get executed.
立刻就地开除
Fellas we're on an account right now.
各位,我们手头还有个案子呢
Playtex gloves protect a woman's hands
倍得适手套,呵护女性玉手
so they're soft enough to touch
让您的双手柔软娇嫩
all the things a woman wants to touch.
触摸你想触摸之物
All the things?
什么都可以摸吗
The exciting things she wants to feel with her fingertips.
一切令她亢奋,让她的指尖无法抗拒的东西
His lips.
比如他的嘴唇
The tuft of hair on his chest.
他丛生的胸毛
The small of his back.
他坚实的后背
I can't imagine Don saying that.
我无法想象唐说出这种话会是怎样的效果
Excuse me. I have a delivery for Peggy Olson.
打扰一下,这里有佩奇·奥尔森的包裹
What?
什么
Are you Peggy Olson? It's C.O.D.
你是佩奇·奥尔森吗,这里有你的货到付款包裹
Let me get my purse.
我去拿钱包
Go ahead without me.
你们接着讨论
I'm gonna take care of this and then practice.
我先办完这事,然后再来参与
Am I wrong or is she giving it off?
是我的错觉,还是她真的春光乍泄
Well it's the last days of Rome.
就像罗马帝国的末日一样
I was in an agency that went down.
我曾经所在的那家公司倒闭之前
The women get sexcrazed.
女人都变得如饥似渴
The energy is very good.
真是"干"劲十足
They said they wanted to revise the media plan
他们说想要重新订立媒体计划
But I think what they really wanted was a budget
我觉得他们的真实意图是想获知预算情况
to see how much of their money we haven't spent yet.
看看还有多少运营费用在我们手上
Who are we talking about? Birdseye.
这是在说哪个客户呢,伯利兹,
Why are we worrying about existing accounts?
我们为什么要担心现有的客户
If anything they're going to get more attention.
幸福时光一走,我们会更重视他们才对
Because they're afraid we won't be here.
因为他们怕我们会倒闭
I have news from London.
伦敦那边发来消息了
Pete wake up.
皮特,别睡了
Lane thinks our billings are probably
莱恩说如果不算幸福时光
around $22 million without Lucky
我们的资金总额大约有2200万
but he has to look at everything in person.
但他还得亲自核查一番
When's he coming?
他什么时候回来
As soon as he can.
他说尽快
David Montgomery's memorial is tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午有大卫o蒙哥马利的追悼会
In case we need cheering up?
我们难道还不够沮丧吗
The man was senior vice president of accounts at the #4 agency.
他是美国广告代理协会客户部的高级副总裁
There's gonna be a lot of vulnerable clients in attendance.
届时会有许多前往吊唁的客户
I think Roger knew him. Sorry to interrupt.
罗杰应该认识他,不好意思打断一下,
It's Al Weaver from glocoat. What does he want?
彩衣地板蜡的阿尔·韦弗来电,他有何贵干,
I don't know. Do you want me on the call?
不知道,要不要我去接电话,
Didn't you talk with him this morning?
你今天早上不是跟他谈过了吗
No.
不必了
Al how are you? Hello Don.
阿尔,你好啊,唐,你好,
I'm glad I could reach you. I just wanted to let you know
很高兴能联系到你,我只是想让你知道
we appreciate everything you've done for us
我们很感激你们为本公司所做的一切
but we've decided to take the account in a different direction.
但我们决定将业务交给其他广告公司经营
All right Al
听着,阿尔
I want you to know it wasn't an easy decision.
我想告诉你,做出这样的决定也是迫不得已
Now can I talk? Sure.
能让我说几句吗,当然,
I don't think you understand what's happened here.
我认为你并不了解我们当前的情况
And I'm not talking about losing Lucky Strike.
我指的不是失去幸福时光这件事
Lucky Strike didn't enter into it. Really?
我们的决定跟幸福时光没有任何关系,是吗,
So that has nothing to do with this?
所以二者毫无关联吗
Don it's a simple coincidence that it happened now.
唐,时间上的相近纯属巧合
Okay you're right. It is bad timing.
好吧,你说的对,确是时运不济
How can you blame us for wanting to move on?
我们想另择良木也无可厚非吧
Because that commercial that little cowboy kid
因为那个广告,那个小牛仔
was the first successful strategy you've been near
是自你赞助《小骗子麦吉与莫莉》之后
since you sponsored Fibber McGee and molly.
第一个成功的广告战略
We won the Clio!
我们还借此获得了克里奥奖
You won the Clio. With work we did for you!
是你获了克里奥奖,那是为你们的产品而做的,
With your direction!
你们功不可没
Believe me we know how it looks
相信我,我知道那个广告很精彩
But it's just business plain and simple.
但生意场上就是这样的,树倒猢狲散
I'm coming out there. We're gonna talk about this in person.
我马上就过来,我们得私下谈谈
I'm sorry Don. The decision's been made.
很抱歉,唐,木已成舟了
I just thought you should hear it from me.
我只是觉得我应该亲自告诉你
You know we're gonna want another shot at this soon.
很快你就会反过来求我们做代理的
As long as you're around.
那就看你们公司能不能撑得下去了
We'll be here. Don't worry.
我们会屹立不倒的,用不着你操心
Good luck Don.
祝好运,唐
I hope we can work together again sometime.
我希望以后还能有机会与你合作
Okay. Goodbye.
好吧,再见,
Goodbye.
再见
What was that?
刚才什么声音
Nothing.
没什么
Do you want ice? No but I need a favor.
想要冰块吗,不要,但是我要你帮个忙,
Make sure I don't overdo it. Okay.
不要让我喝多了,好吧,
How do I um it's hard to tell with you.
我怎么...我怎么知道你有多大酒量
Stop me at three. This is one.
在第三杯的时候阻止我,这是第一杯
The doctor says they never let the labor go past two sunsets.
医生说分娩时间超过两天就会有危险了
What exactly is the problem?
到底是什么问题
Apparently Trudy's pelvis is too small
特鲁迪的盆骨明显过小
And the baby's shoulders can't get through.
宝宝的肩膀无法通过
They should cut it out. They don't like to start there.
那应该做剖腹产,医生通常不推荐这么做,
Go to the hospital. There's nothing to do here.
去医院吧,这儿没你什么事了
It's obviously what matters to you. What?
很明显你老婆生孩子更重要,什么,
I don't know what the hell you said to them this morning.
我不知道你早上对他们说了些什么
So Joan that puts us at what? 20 million and change?
那么,琼,现在还有多少资产,两千万多一点吗
Are you doubting my efforts?
你是在质疑我的努力吗
All you had to do was tell them everything was fine.
你只需要安抚住他们,告诉他们万事大吉
You think that call's easy to make?
你觉得我打那通电话很容易吗
I think you're distracted.
我觉得你根本六神无主
Because of that I think you scared the shit out of 'em.
正因如此,才引起了他们的极大恐慌
Who the hell do you think you're talking to?
你以为你在跟谁说话呢
Don't blow a gasket.
千万要沉住气
He called looking for me and my secretary told him where I was.
他打电话找我,我秘书跟他说了我在这儿
Incredible.
难以置信
That was something else.
那又是另外一回事了
There he is the man of the hour.
终于来了,准爸爸现身了
Ted. How considerate of you to stop by.
泰德,感谢你能抽空前来
I wish the baby was here already
我希望宝宝已经降生了
But I'm sure everyone feels that way.
我估计每个人都是这么想的吧
Good news is always worth waiting for.
千金难买是佳音嘛
Well Jeannieremember:
珍妮,你要知道
Don't let your vanity get the best of you.
别为了辈分的增长而暗自神伤
There is nothing wrong with being called grandma.
即使儿孙满堂,你依然魅力难当
It's a rattle. You can get it engraved.
是一个拨浪鼓,可以找人刻上宝宝的名字
Ogilvy sent me one when my son was born.
奥格威在我儿子出生的时候也送了一个
Thank you. What do you want Ted?
谢谢,你有什么事吗,泰德
No this is about what you want.
不,你应该考虑一下自己的未来了
I mean you're about to have everything the minute that baby comes.
我是说,孩子一出生你就拥有一切了
You know your fatherinlaw never stops talking about you?
你知道你岳父一直对你赞不绝口吧
He doesn't know the half of it.
实际上他还有很多不知道的
You've brought in a little business since you went out on your own
你凭借自己一人之力,为公司带去了不少的客户
Glocoat Life Cereal
彩衣地板蜡,新生活燕麦片
Sugarberry Hams Vick Chemical obviously
舒格伯里火腿,很明显,还有维克制药
Mountain Dew Fillmore auto Birdseye Ponds?
激浪,菲尔莫尔,伯利兹,旁氏
I didn't do all that by myself.
这些可不是靠我一人之力实现的
Pete as far as I'm concerned you're what's missing from C.G.C.
皮特,在我看来, C.G.C正缺你这样的人才,
Jim Cutler's due to retire.
吉姆·卡特勒退休在即
Gleason & Chaough"?
新的C.G.C公司,"Campbell(Campbell的首字母也是C与原本Cutler中的C相同)
Has a nice ring to it.
读起来朗朗上口
Wouldn't you want your name first?
你不想你的名字排第一个吗
I'm open to it if we're having that discussion.
这个可以再商议,完全无所谓的
You'll have a full voting third.
你会拥有三分之一的表决权
I'm not Don.
我可不是唐
It's not the wild west.
C.G.C也不是西部蛮荒之地
We just got Alfa Romeo little Italian sports car.
我们跟阿尔法罗密欧合作了,一种小型意大利跑车
I don't know if you've heard of it
不知道你是否听说过
but I think you'll really enjoy driving one.
但你肯定会期待开一辆的
I don't drive. I'll teach you.
我不会开车,我会教你的,
Tom Jeannie my offer still stands.
汤姆,珍妮,我说话算话
If you want a hotel room I can get you one across the street.
你们要订房的话,我可以到街对面弄一间
Roger. I let you come over
罗杰,我让你来
because you said you needed to talk. We can talk.
是因为你说你有话要说,现在说吧
Joanie I need you. Stop it
琼妮,我需要你,住手,
or we can talk on the phone.
否则我们还是继续在电话里谈吧
Is that what you sleep in now?
你现在就住在这里
What do you want? I'm exhausted!
你到底想要什么,我已经心力交瘁了
I waited for you at the hotel.
我一直在酒店等你
Why didn't you come? Are you mad at me? No.
为什么没来,生我的气了吗,没有,
Roger I can't do this anymore.
罗杰,我不能再这样下去了
You always say that.
这话你不是第一次说了
Then you come back to me
但你最后还是回到我身边
because we belong together. Don't do that.
因为我们无法分离,别这样,
I need you right now.
我现在需要你
Because I'm a port in a storm?
只因我是个避风港吗
No. Because I feel like shit
不是,因为我心情很不好
and you care about me.
而且我知道你关心我
I'm not a solution to your problems.
但我无法解决你的难题
I'm another problem.
我也是你的难题
Are you serious?
你说真的吗
I can't do this anymore.
我不能再继续这样了
You'll change your mind. You'll see.
你会改变主意的,你会明白的
I'm sorry.
对不起
I just can't do this anymore.
真不能再继续了
So what are you trying to say?
你到底想跟我说什么
Roger.
罗杰
So that night we got mugged
我们被抢的那晚
that was the last time?
是最后的温柔吗
Wish I'd known that.
我早明白过来就好了
God I'd think this place would be packed still.
老天,我以为公司还如往常般忙碌呢
It's 8:00.
都8点了
There's only so much we can pretend like we're doing.
而且目前只有这点儿事情可做
Are you okay? You want something?
你没事吧,喝点什么吗,
I'd rather eat but that's me.
我更想"吃"点东西,不知你意下如何
I'm one over for the day.
随时恭候
See that?
瞧,
I kissed you and it got quiet.
我吻了你之后,就安静了
How'd it go? It was...
情况如何,有点...
miserable.
悲惨
Clients are running scared.
客户四散而去
I'm used to having my ideas rejected not me.
创意被否决,我倒是习惯了,可我无法忍受自己也被否决
How do you do it?
你怎么样呢
My job is to present facts.
我的工作就是呈现事实
If they're unhappy with the agency it's not my problem.
要是客户对广告公司不满意,那可不是我的错
Who's unhappy?
谁不满意
Come on. Clients are always unhappy.
拜托,客户向来都难得称心如意
Like who?
比如呢
Are you kidding? No.
你说笑吧,没有,
Why? I'm drowning here.
不行吗,我这边正在做垂死挣扎呢
You know I can't do that.
你知道我不能那样做
If a client is unhappy they're unhappy.
如果客户不满意,那就是无法改变的事实
There's nothing against telling them to have dinner with me.
你帮我约他们吃饭,有何不可
If you don't want to tell me who they are.
如果你不愿意当中间人,告诉我他们是谁就行
I'll call'em out of the blue.
我可以亲自约他们
I can't do that.
我不能那样做
Sure you can. Who'll know?
有何不可,谁会知道啊
The standard of ethics in this business is low enough.
广告行业的道德底线已经够低了
God knows I've done some things I'm not proud of
我当然也曾做过一些不光彩的事
but those other agencies pay me.
但那些公司雇我效力,我不能背叛他们
What about protecting the clients?
但你这样做对客户来说是有利的
So I'm gonna kill my business to save yours?
我要牺牲我的业务,来帮你走出困境吗
It's not your business. It's Atherton's. This is different.
那不是你的业务,是阿瑟顿的,不一样
This is everything to me. I don't believe this.
我只能孤注一掷了,难以置信,
You want a shoulder to cry on fine.
你要一个肩膀寻求安慰,没问题
You want to throw me to the wolves so you can save your neckforget it.
可你为求自保,就把我往火坑里推,没门
I would do it for you.
如果你我位置互换,我会为你这么做的
I would never ask.
我根本不会向你开口
I would never use you like that.
我绝不会像那样利用你
Because I know the difference
因为我知道
between what we have and this stupid office.
私人感情和职业道德是不能混淆一谈的
Mr. Cosgrove says Playtex just left the hotel.
科斯格罗夫先生说倍得适的人刚从宾馆出发
Thank you.
谢谢
God I'm so nervous.
天呐,我太紧张了
You need to relax.
你得放松一下
I can't do this drunk.
喝醉了还怎么做展示
I know a technique
我知道一个妙招
that can really take the nerves away.
可以消除紧张
I learned it from a Yogi.
我跟一个瑜伽行者学的
Show me. Close your eyes.
来吧,闭上双眼,
Take a deep breath.
深呼吸
Fill your lungs until you can't anymore.
用尽全力,吸气
Stick out your stomach.
腹部向前倾
Now release it in a cool stream right in my face.
现在放松,朝着我呼一口气
Hey! What are you doing?
你干什么呢
You said you wanted to relax so...
你说你想放松啊,那么
Let's relax. Stan no.
我们一起放松啊,斯坦,住手,
Oh come on. You're so horny I can smell it on your breath.
得了吧,我知道你欲火难耐,面带春容
Stan knock it off.
斯坦,住手
Hey I saw you with the delivery boy yesterday.
我昨天看见你跟那个送货员打得火热呢
What? He's my boyfriend.
什么,他是我男朋友
Oh come on baby. It's the end of the world.
拜托,小宝贝,来一场世界末日的激情大战吧
Why do you keep making me reject you?
为什么你非要逼我讨厌你
I was trying to do you a favor.
我只是想帮你个忙
Well thank you. I'm not anxious anymore.
是吗,多谢,我一点都不紧张了
Should I get the door? No. It didn't get any worse.
要关上门说吗,没必要,情况糟糕透顶了,
What exactly did he say?
他究竟怎么说的
He said they were terrified about
他说他们非常惶恐
the British banning cigarette ADs from TV
因为英国禁止在电视上播出香烟广告
and they need to cut costs.
而且他们需要减少开支
Maybe it's a good time to get out of this business.
或许现在放弃幸福时光正是最佳时机
That's crap. Sales were up 10%.
荒谬,他们的销售额上涨了10%
You do what you can do.
有本事你来啊
David Montgomery's memorial is in 40 minutes
大卫·蒙哥马利的追悼会四十分钟后
at the River Club. David Montgomery died?
在清河殡仪馆举行,大卫·蒙哥马利死了吗,
Well there's your silver lining.
这就是你们所谓的一线生机吗
Who the hell wants to go to that?
哪有客户愿意去啊
We're trying to get new accounts.
我们试图去那儿结识新客户
Remember how to do that? You wanna dogpile on me?
你还记得怎么找吧,要我去跑腿,
Saving that account was impossible.
留住那个客户是不可能的
Because you ignored it!
因为你疏忽了
One dam account and you ignored it.
你就负责一个客户,你却疏忽了
You don't know what you're talking about.
你知不知道你在说什么
Pete explain it to him.
皮特,你跟他解释一下
You squeezed me off of it Roger.
你叫我别插手的,罗杰
You wanted it all to yourself.
你要一个人干
He would have never let this happen.
如果他插手,这一切都不会发生
But you do what you can do which is nothing.
你有对策你就全力补救啊,可你毫无作为
Hey. You're the one who dragged me into your amateur hour.
嘿,是你拉我建立新公司,造成这一堆烂摊子的
I was perfectly happy where I was.
在旧公司我原本过得十分惬意
Why did I do it? Out of friendship.
我这么做是何苦呢,为了我们的友谊啊
But now that the account's gone I guess that went with it.
既然客户都走了,友谊也没了
Get out of here all of you. Go chase a hearse.
出去,都出去,去送葬去吧
Sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰
Mr. Campbell your fatherinlaw called.
坎贝尔先生,您岳父来电话了
Your wife and your daughter are resting comfortably.
母女平安,正在做产后休养
Oh. Just now?
刚刚吗
Yes it happened. You've got a baby girl.
是的,已经出生了,是个千金
Congratulations. Good job.
恭喜,不错啊,
Thank you Megan.
谢谢,梅根
Okay we should get going.
好了,我们该走了
Let me get my coat.
我去拿外套
Where does Draper get off?
德雷柏要去哪
Lee Garner Jr. Never took you seriously
小李·加勒从来没把你当回事
because you never took yourself seriously.
因为你从来没把自己当一回事
Are you ready? Mmm.
准备好了吗,好了,
No hard feelings?
不紧张了吧
None at all.
轻松自如
Everything good?
我状态还好吧
Absolutely.
很好
And so I think about that night
遥想当晚
Staring out the window of that Detroit hotel room
在底特律宾馆的房间里,星光在窗外闪烁
knowing we were going home with Buick
我们知道,别克终于成了我们的客户
and saying to David
我对大卫说
"Is this the best thing we're ever going to do?"
"这是我们做的最有意义的事吧"
Lynn it was your fifth birthday.
琳恩,那天是你五岁生日
The next day when we were in the airport
第二天我们在机场时
he showed me this pendant he'd bought the day before downtown.
他拿出在市区买的吊坠给我看
As he closed the box he said
他盖上首饰盒,对我说
"Crosby that's the best thing I'll ever do."
"克罗斯比,这才是我做的最有意义的事"
I know it's hard
我知道你很难过
But Dave loved you more than anything sweetheart.
但亲爱的,大卫爱你胜过一切
that's Stu Carlsbad from Ralston Purina.
罗斯顿普里纳公司的斯图·克罗斯比(一家生与销售各种饲料与谷物食品的企业)
He's always ripe.
他总是醉醺醺的
We have dog food experience.
我们有狗粮广告的经验
I've got him.
我去和他谈
I don't know how prepared I am
我不知道我准备得够不够充分
But Dave was always a fan of winging it.
但大卫总是喜欢临场发挥
Beth his beautiful wife.
贝萨,他美丽的妻子
You were there before he made partner
在他成为合伙人之前你一直陪伴着他
And then you gave him to us
然后把他交给我们
But you know you and Lynnie were always on his mind.
但你要知道,他心中永远牵挂着你和琳恩
True story.
真实经历
We'd been in london for three months
我们曾在伦敦呆了三个月
Trying to nail down british petroleum.
想要搞定英国石油公司的案子
Never happened.
但没成功
But once a week he would drag me to portobello road
但每周他都会拉我去波特贝罗路
Looking for thimbles for your collection Lynn.
帮你收集顶针
Silver thimbles.
银顶针
And he was an expert.
他可是行家
It's because playtex is strong enough
因为倍得适手套防护性强
to protect a woman's hands.
足以保护女性的手
Through her fingertips she can dry the tears of a child
透过指尖,她可以帮孩子拭干泪水
Or feel the warmth of her husband's skin.
还可以感受到丈夫皮肤的温暖
Playtex protects a woman's touch.
倍得适,保护女人的敏感触觉
It's very romantic. I have to admit
我不得不承认,这创意太浪漫了
When you first brought it up
你一开始提出的时候
I didn't think that was possible for latex gloves.
我还觉得乳胶手套不太可能实现这些功能
These images are about the moments after the housework is over.
这些情景都是女性做完家务之后的事
They're about the meaningful life
关于她们有意义的生活
A woman leads when work is done.
当做完家务,女性的情感追求
Well I feel pretty good about this.
我觉得这创意相当不错
Peggy our pleasure.
佩奇,谢谢
We're thrilled to get this in the first try.
我们都有点等不及看成品了
Well I'm gonna let you get back to the hotel
我送你们回酒店
And then steaks and a show.
晚上吃牛排大餐,看表演
That went well.
进行得还不错吧
You have lipstick all over your teeth.
你牙齿上都沾满了口红
What?
什么
Why are you still here?
你怎么还没走
I didn't know if I should leave or not.
我不知道该不该先走
How was the funeral? We'll see.
葬礼怎么样,还不知道,
Get me the campaign briefs on Ken's accounts
给我肯的客户的简报
And then you can go.
然后你就可以走了
And send Peggy in.
顺便叫佩奇来见我
Miss Olson's gone for the night
奥尔森小姐已经走了
But if you need help
但如果你需要帮忙的话
Did you do that?
这是你弄的吗
I thought in the end you wouldn't want to throw it away.
我觉得你其实并不忍心扔掉它
You're wrong.
你错了
That commercial was great
那个广告真的棒极了
And nothing they do can change that.
任何事都无法改变这一事实
I'll take those.
拿给我吧
Thank you. You can go.
谢谢,你可以走了
You sure you don't want some help?
你真的不用我帮忙吗
This is a little complicated.
这很复杂的
That's okay. I'd really like to learn what goes on here.
没关系,我早就想学一下广告方面的事了
Really.
真的吗
Well first of all I think it would help me
嗯,首先我觉得,了解广告业的相关知识
From making mistakes with your work the way I have.
可以减少我工作中的失误
And secondly
其次
I think I'd like eventually to do what you do
我觉得我想尝试一下你所从事的工作
Or what miss Olson does.
还有奥尔森小姐的工作
I didn't know that.
我不知道你还有这个志向呢
Unless you'd rather be alone.
除非你想一个人呆着
I don't want to be in the way.
我不想为您添麻烦
No. I don't mind.
没关系,留下来吧
This is a strategy statement signed by fillmore auto parts.
这是菲尔莫尔汽车零部件的广告战略策划
Copywriters stray from these midstream sometimes
有时,文案们会偏离这一主旨
If they have a better idea
因为他们觉得自己的创意更佳
But we can't take that chance now.
但现在,我们不能冒这个险
Wouldn't clients want a better idea?
难道客户不想要更好的创意吗
What'd you like about the commercial?
你为何喜欢那则广告
You're putting me on the spot. Um...
这问题有点难回答
I know it's a floor wax
我知道那只是则地板蜡广告
but I really remember that feeling of being a little kid
但它真的勾起了我对童年的回忆
And feeling like I was being punished
感觉那个被责罚的小孩就是我
when my mother cleaned the house.
因为我弄脏了母亲辛苦打扫的地板
Where are you from? Montreal.
你是哪里人,蒙特利尔,
We didn't have glocoat.
我小时候还没有彩衣地板蜡
Why'd you move here? Well first of all it's New York.
为什么搬来这里,因为这里是纽约啊,
For an artist it's mecca.
简直是艺术家的圣地
You're an artist?
你是艺术家
I wouldn't say I'm an artist.
不敢当
I'm an artistic person. I majored in literature
兴趣罢了,我主修文学的
And I've dabbled in writing and painting
写作和绘画也有涉足
And a little bit of acting.
还有表演
What are you laughing about?
你笑什么
Because I just realized
我刚发现
I know everything about you.
我知道你所有的事
I mean you're in my head all day
我脑子里几乎每天都是你
Even when I go home.
即使是回家之后也这样
And you don't know anything about me.
可你却对我一无所知
Well you haven't been here that long.
你来的时间太短了
And you don't know how long I will be
你也不知道我会呆多久
So why get to know me?
所以何必花时间了解我
I can see that's what everybody must think.
我估计所有秘书都是这么想的
You judge people on their work.
你通过工作能力判断一个人
I'm the same way.
我也一样
Everything else is sentimental.
其他的都不重要
You want one? How many is that?
你要来一杯吗,你喝了几杯了,
Four.
四杯
I know you're angry but I hope you're not afraid
我知道你很生气,但我希望你不要害怕
Because you will get through this.
因为你一定会渡过难关的
You don't know that.
谁也不敢保证
Why do you care what I think?
你干嘛在乎我的想法
Megan I don't think this is a good idea.
梅根,这样似乎不太好
This has nothing to do with work.
这与工作无关
I can't make any mistakes right now.
我现在不能犯任何错误
Let's be clear.
先声明
I'm not gonna run out of here crying tomorrow.
我明天不会哭着从这里跑出去的
I just want you right now.
我现在只想要你
Hey. Where are you going?
嘿,你要去哪儿
I'm exhausted.
我很累了
How was your day?
今天怎么样
Fine.
还可以
I know how to make it better.
我知道怎么能让你高兴一点
I'm really tired.
我真的很累了
Sit down.
坐下
What'd you buy?
你买了什么
Look.
自己看
Look at it.
看看
Sign it.
帮我签个名
"To my loving wife."
献给我挚爱的妻子,
I'm so proud of you.
我真为你感到骄傲
You should go first. Actually I should go first.
你先走吧,算了,还是我先走
Do you want to grab a bite?
你想去吃点什么吗
I want you to go home
我想你回家
And I want you to sleep.
今晚不要再喝酒了
And I don't want you drinking any more tonight.
然后好好睡一觉
Wait. Did you want to go first?
等下,你要先走吗
Good night Mr. Draper.
晚安,德雷柏先生
Didn't expect to see you here.
你怎么来了
I was gonna call
我本来想先打电话的
But I didn't want to do this over the phone.
但我不想在电话里说
So you were gonna write it on an envelope.
所以你就写了封信吗
Can I come inside?
我能进去吗
I got you a meeting with Heinz.
我安排了你和亨氏食品的人见面
It's vinegar sauces and beans.
他们主要做醋,酱油还有豆类
They're at Ketchum Macleod and they're restless.
他们现在是凯麦公司的客户,但他们不是很满意
Faye. I thought about what you said
菲娅,我将你说的话又思考了一遍,
I thought about you...
我想到你
And I thought about whatever. You are my life right now.
想到了太多的东西,现在你就是我的全部
You didn't have to do this.
你不必这么做的
I wanted to.
我心甘情愿的
Thank you.
谢谢
You're welcome.
不客气
Do you wanna stay?
你要留下来吗
I'll probably fall asleep on you.
我可能会在你身上睡过去
Just sit with me.
陪我坐会儿就好