Thanks for doing this here.
谢谢你能来这儿
No problem.
不用谢
What are you thinking?
你的意思是
I'm in.
我加入
With Agos/Florrick?
叫艾格斯&福瑞克律所
Florrick/Agos.
福瑞克&艾格斯
Carey in litigation;
诉讼部的凯里
Jeremy, family law;
家庭法部的杰里米
Andre, acquisitions.
企业并购部安德雷
They all wanted to join; they're all good.
他们都想加入,也都很不错
I agree.
我同意
And what about Kalinda?
那凯琳达呢
No. Robyn.
不来,罗宾来
Why not Kalinda?
为什么没有凯琳达
Money.
因为钱
Are you okay with that?
你能接受吗
Yeah.
可以
Just kind of weird.
就是有点奇怪
Everything's ending.
一切都结束了
Beginning too.
也是新开始
So...
那...
how are we gonna tell them?
我们怎么跟他们说
Who?
跟谁
Will and Diane.
威尔和戴安
Oh, it's the circle of life.
这不过是生命循环罢了
They had to leave their old law firms
他们也曾离开之前的律所
to start Lockhart/Gardner.
创办了洛克哈特&加德纳
I have the death row appeal on Thursday.
我周二有死刑上诉案
I will tell them after that.
之后再跟他们说
We have to get some office space anyway.
反正我们得先找办公地点
Unless you want to take the Sweeney offer?
除非你想接受斯威尼的交易条件
No.
不想
Congratulations,
恭喜
Mrs. First Lady.
州长夫人
I forgot.
我都忘了
What time is it?
几点了
It's been two hours and ten minutes.
2小时10分钟了
Is that normal?
那正常吗
No.
不正常
Is that one of the moms?
那是受害者的母亲吗
Mrs. Henning.
是海宁夫人
God, she must hate us.
天啊,她肯定恨死咱们了
I will now read the warrant.
由我宣读行刑令
"Whereas Eddie Alan Fornum,
"鉴于艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆
"on the 26th of May, 1999,
"于1999年5月26日
"murdered both Lynn Gore and Susan Henning,
"谋杀了琳恩·戈尔和苏珊·海宁
"and whereas Eddie Alan Fornum..."
"以及艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆..."
"...and whereas
"以及...
"Eddie Alan Fornum was adjudicated guilty of two counts
"艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆被裁定
"of murder in the first degree and sentenced to death,
"犯有两起一级谋杀罪并判处死刑
"we will now carry out the sentence"
"我们现在行刑"
Mr. Fornum, do you have any last words?
佛努姆先生,你最后想说点什么吗
I'm sorry to everyone here.
在场的各位,对不起
To my new lawyers,
我的新律师
Diane and Alicia,
戴安和艾丽西娅
I have a favor to ask of you both.
我想请你们帮个忙
Please...
请...
...if you could...
如果可以的话
go see my mom.
去看看我妈妈
I was her only son,
我是她的独子
and I was a disappointment.
而我让她失望了
To the parents
受害人
of Miss Henning and Miss Gore,
海宁小姐和戈尔小姐的父母们
I am sorry
我为发生在
what happened to your daughters,
你们女儿身上的事感到遗憾
but I did not do this.
但那不是我做的
And I wish...
我还希望...
I wish I could say what was happening
我希望我可以违心地说
here tonight was just,
今晚正义得到了伸张
because that might bring you some...
这样也许可以带给你们...
because that might make...
也许可以让你们...
They're having trouble finding a line.
他们找不到血管了
Ma'am, please sit down.
女士,请坐下
Ma'am, I'm gonna need you to sit down right now.
女士,请你马上坐下
I want to talk to the Warden.
我想跟典狱官说话
Ma'am, I need you to sit down right now.
女士,请你立刻坐下
You got to go and sit down right now. Let's go, let's go.
你必须立刻坐下,走吧,走吧
Warden? Excuse me, go back to your seat.
典狱长,抱歉,请回座位上去
Warden Barkin, I need to speak with you!
巴尔金典狱长,我有话跟你说
All right, let's go.
好了,我们走
Warden Barkin!
巴尔金典狱长
We're Eddie's lawyers, you can't just...
我们是艾迪的律师,你不能...
Yes, we can and we will.
我们可以,也会赶你们出去
Wait.
等等
Sir, this is an Eighth Amendment violation.
先生,这违反了第八修正案
Lower your voice,
小声点
Miss Lockhart.
洛克哈特女士
I know, we're all tense.
我知道,我们都很紧张
Our two medical technicians are having trouble
我们的两个医疗技术人员
finding a suitable vein.
没找到合适的血管
But that is all.
但仅此而已
Mr. Fornum was an intravenous drug user,
佛努姆曾通过静脉注射毒品
and many of his veins have collapsed.
他的很多血管都坍缩了
You have been trying for two hours and 20 minutes
你们试了2小时20分钟
to find a vein?
就为了找血管吗
Yes, but we're now attempting to run a line in his foot.
对,但我们准备用脚上的血管了
This is torture, this is the definition of torture.
这是折磨,教科书式的折磨
That's not for you to say, ma'am.
那不是你说了算的,女士
That's right. It's for the court.
没错,得法庭说了算
Broom v. Strickland.
布鲁姆诉斯崔克兰案有先例
This execution is a direct violation
这场执行直接违反了
of Eighth Amendment protections,
第八修正案保护的权益
and it should be delayed
应该延期
until you can ensure its proper administration.
直到你们找到适当实行方式
Hi, could you open the door for me?
你好,能帮我开下门吗
Uh... sure.
好
Hi, I'm Monica in litigation.
我是诉讼部的莫妮卡
I'm teleconferencing from home.
我在家远程参加会议
Okay, settle down, everybody.
各位请坐
Just got out of court.
绕过法庭
We need to pursue an evidentiary path to an appeal.
我们得找到有凭有据的方式上诉
Clearly it's a long shot...
明显很难成功...
Just shut the door on it.
把它关出去
Alicia just got here.
艾丽西娅来了
Good. She has the legal aid work.
好,她有法律援助机构的资料
They want us to take point on the appeal.
他们希望我们成功上诉
And when is the execution now?
执行改在什么时候了
Saturday, midnight.
周六,午夜
It's been delayed 48 hours.
推迟了48小时
Look, it's a second chance.
听着,这是第二次机会
That's all we need. Robyn, take us through.
我们有这个就行,罗宾,介绍情况
Eddie Alan Fornum was arrested in July, 1999,
艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆于1999年7月被捕
for murdering two 17-year-old girls outside of a movie theater
罪名是在南本德一家影院外
in South Bend after a botched carjacking.
抢劫汽车失败后谋杀两个17岁的女孩
Eddie had an alibi, but he was found
艾迪有不在场证明,但被发现
in possession of one of the girls' necklaces.
持有其中一个女孩的项链
Which he bought at a flea market.
他是从跳蚤市场买的
And his hair was found on the body.
尸体上还发现了他的头发
That's where we want to focus our appeal.
这是我们上诉的关键点
We don't think it's Eddie's hair on the body,
我们不认为尸体上真有艾迪的头发
and we're subpoenaing the forensic lab to retest it.
我们正在要求法院实验室重新检测
What about the snitch?
那个告密者呢
He's the real reason that Eddie was convicted.
他是艾迪被定罪的真正原因
He died six years ago.
他六个年前死了
I don't think we'd find much there.
我觉得我们在这点上查不到什么
Okay, so we'll break up into groups.
好,下面我们分组
Tonya, you work the team on witnesses and testimony.
谭雅,你去跟证人证言组
Carey, the forensics.
凯里,准备法医鉴证的部分
Robyn, the background of the experts.
罗宾,去查专家背景
Thanks, Monica.
谢谢,莫妮卡
Good point.
说得有理
Am I really needed here or can I go?
这真的需要我吗,我能走了吧
We have 48 hours.
我们有48小时
Let's make them count. Cary, hold on a minute.
把它们用起来,凯里,等一下
Uh, me?
我吗
No, Cary-Cary.
不,是凯里
Diane, that's not enough time, is it?
戴安,时间不够,对吗
To get a subpoena on the hair and test it, no.
要拿到传票取出头发重检,肯定不够
Okay, you work your evidentiary track,
好吧,你在证据链上下工夫
and I'll grab Cary and Alicia
我带着凯里和艾丽西娅
and we'll try to buy you more time.
去试试能不能多争取点时间
How?
怎么争取
I have no idea.
还不知道
Diane?
戴安
Yes? I was getting...
怎么,我在...
Excuse me.
抱歉
I was getting a subpoena to retest the hair.
我在申请重检头发的传票
Yes? Someone already retested it
然后,六年前
in the prosecutor's office six years ago.
检察官办公室已经有人重检过了
Right, for an appeal.
没错,为准备上诉
No, not in the office in Indiana,
不,不是在印第安纳州
the one here in Chicago.
是在芝加哥这里
Someone tested it here.
有人在这里检测过
Why?
为什么
Your dad knows Barry Scheck?
你爸爸认识巴里·谢克
Yeah, he did. Why?
对,怎么了
He's in federal court on an Eighth Amendment
他现在联邦法院
class action right now.
提起第八修正案的集体诉讼
Call him.
给他打个电话
Hey, Cary, what's up?
凯里,怎么了
Barry... Mr. Scheck,
巴里,谢克先生
we need some help on the Eddie Alan Fornum appeal.
艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的上诉需要你的帮助
Oh, I heard his execution was delayed.
我听说他的处决延期执行了
What do you need?
你需要什么
We were hoping to contribute to your class action.
我们打算为你的集体诉讼出把力
Well, I don't know
这样啊
if the judge is gonna let him join this far along.
都现在了,法官不一定同意他加入原告
I know, we don't want to join.
我知道,我们不打算加入原告
Hey, I'm glad you're coming with us.
很高兴你能跟我们一起来
Oh, hey, uh, Cary told me the good news.
你好,凯里告诉我了
Can I tell the clients? What?
我能跟客户说吗,什么
The governor's wife is joining our new firm.
州长的妻子要加入我们公司
It's a selling point.
是个卖点啊
No, please don't.
不要,请你别说
Well, that's not what I said.
我说的可不是这样
Get rid of those, and let's talk.
把那些放好,咱们聊聊
Get out of my way!
别,烦,我
Here's what I need.
我需要你干件事
All the phone numbers called by the fourth-year associates
把所有四年律师过去三个月里
over the last three months. Why?
拨过的号码单给我,怎么了
I think the fourth-years are intending to leave
我觉得那些四年律师打算开公司
and take some of our clients with them.
还要带走我们的一些客户
Why do you think that?
你为什么这样觉得
Because I'm psychic.
因为我有超能力
Well, I can't legally access their calls.
我不能非法盗取通话记录
They're using the company cell phones.
他们用的是公司的手机
They're not their phones, they're ours.
不是他们自己的手机,是我们的
Just get me the metadata.
把数据单给我
I want to see who they're calling.
我想看看他们在给谁打电话
Eli, I'm on a death row appeal, I don't have time.
伊莱,我在处理死刑上诉案,没时间
I know, but this is important.
我知道,但是这事很重要
Eli, did you just hear me?
伊莱,你没听我说吗
I said, "Death row appeal."
我刚说的是"死刑上诉案"
Oh, I thought that was hyperbole.
是吗,我以为你那是夸张
Uh, but you agreed to 4:00.
但我们说好是四点
We've already delayed twice.
已经延期两次了
Where's the hair testimony?
头发检验结果在哪里
Eli...
伊莱
Look, any time after Saturday I can do this, not today.
周六之后我都有时间,但今天不行
Okay, Sunday at noon?
那好吧,周日中午呢
At 7:00. What is it again?
七点,什么事来着
It's the basic ethics talk for the Governor-elect's family.
就是州长亲属的基础道德教育
Okay, we're changing strategies.
大家听我说,改变策略
Got to go, Eli.
先挂了,伊莱
Peter?
彼特
Mr. Gold?
戈德先生
I'm Marilyn Garbanza,
我是玛丽莲·戈班扎
executive director of the Illinois Ethics Commission.
伊利诺斯州伦理委员会执行理事
We have a 4:00.
四点的预约
Actually, I have a 4:00
可是我四点的预约
with a Mitch Garbanza.
是与米切·戈班扎
Yes, that's me.
那就是我
Governor Quinn used to call me Mitch.
奎因州长以前叫我米切
Why?
为什么
I have no idea.
我也不知道
Okay.
好吧
Um, Mrs. Florrick,
是这样
unfortunately, has to reschedule
福瑞克夫人临时有事
for Sunday at 7:00, if that's all right.
所以改约到周日七点了,可以吗
That is all right. Thank you.
没问题,谢谢你
I'll see you then.
到时候见
Yeah, that sounds about right.
确实有道理
The choice isn't actionable, I want to be clear.
我只是想说清楚,这样做不现实
I know, you're just raising a red flag.
我知道,你只是在提醒我
What are we discussing here?
这是在讨论什么呢
Eli, you've met Marilyn?
伊莱,你见过玛丽莲了吗
Just a few seconds ago in your office.
几秒钟前在你的办公室见过
Marilyn has some concerns about Mickey.
玛丽莲有点担心米奇的事
Our chief of staff? Oh, I didn't know he was chosen yet.
我们的幕僚长吗,已经确定了吗
He hasn't been yet, but he is our top choice.
还没正式确定,不过他是最佳人选
So Marilyn's concerned that Mickey
玛丽莲担心的是,米奇
hired you as a crisis counselor.
曾经雇你做危机顾问
It could look like a conflict of interest.
有可能会使公众觉得是利益冲突
Because I ran the search committee?
就因为选拔委员会是我负责的吗
Yes.
对
Again, I'm not here to say you can't hire him.
我这样不是说你们不能用他
I don't have that power.
我没那个权利
I'm just saying it could look ethically compromised.
我只是说这样做显得道德上有亏欠
Okay, we'll look into it. Thanks.
好,我们会处理的,谢谢
Okay.
好
Thank you, Marilyn.
谢谢你,玛丽莲
She's doing her job, Eli.
她只是在尽职工作,伊莱
Currently, Indiana protocols...
目前,印第安纳州的行刑规范里...
...has insufficient protections built in that guarantee...
相关规定不能保证实施...
...a painless execution...
无痛处决
The printer, the mobile printer.
那个打印机,移动打印机
Okay, I'll go get it.
好,我去取
New innovation?
办公室的创新?
Test program.
这项目还在测试
So how does it feel
你感觉如何
to be first lady of Illinois?
伊利诺斯州第一夫人
Weird.
很诡异
Kind of like... first galactic princess.
简直像,银河第一公主
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you the other night.
抱歉那天晚上我没赶回去找你
Hey, you've been celebrating,
这几天你忙着庆祝
you've been on death row, it's been...
还忙着处理死刑上诉,确实...
A weird few days.
过得很忙乱
But we can talk...
但是我们可以聊
When this is over. Don't worry.
事情结束再说吧,别担心
Well, I... I was hoping to...
其实,我是想...
All right, I got it.
我拿到了
ASA Pine.
派恩助理检察官
Ms. Lockhart.
洛克哈特女士
Hello.
你好
You worked at the South Bend
你在南本德市
prosecutor's office, didn't you? A while ago.
检察官办公室工作过吧,很久之前了
Why? Do we know someone...?
怎么,是谁介绍你来的吗
You were the assistant prosecutor
艾迪·佛努姆的谋杀案
on the Eddie Fornum homicide.
你当时是助理检察官
Do you know how we know that?
你知道我们怎么知道的吗
I don't care.
无所谓
You had Eddie's hair retested six years ago.
六年前,你重新检验了艾迪的头发
Ms. Lockhart, I'm not talking to you.
洛克哈特女士,我不想跟你谈
They're going to execute him.
他要被处以死刑了
They tried once
上次没成功
and they're going to execute him in 48 hours.
两天后,就会再次执行
And you had ten years to appeal his execution.
你曾有十年的时间为他上诉
Don't come to me with 40 hours left.
却在最后关头来找我
You think he's innocent.
你觉得他是无辜的
I think you're out of time.
你们来不及了
Just give us the hair test.
把检验结果给我们吧
Will, I have a lead, but I need time.
威尔,有线索了,不过需要时间
That is a very good point, Your Honor.
您说得很有道理,法官阁下
That wasn't a point, Mr. Scheck.
我没说什么道理,谢克先生
I just wanted you to finish.
我只是希望你快点说完
Well, uh, let me address that point, if I may...
好吧,那么请允许我阐述下您的意思
Uh, but before I do,
不过在此之前
let me introduce my co-counsel...
我来介绍一下我的合作律师...
Will Gardner.
威尔·加德纳
...Will Gardner, joining the case.
威尔·加德纳,将要参审
Your Honor, if it pleases the court,
法官阁下,如果法庭不介意的话
we ask that the execution of Eddie Alan Fornum
我们要求艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的处决
be delayed until... Your Honor...
延期到... 法官阁下
I'm way, way ahead of you, Ms. Cesca.
行了,我比你反应快,西斯卡女士
You know, it doesn't please the court.
不好意思,法庭介意
Not very much pleases the court these days.
最近法庭非常不近人情
But your guy is not gonna join this suit.
你们的客户不能参与此次诉讼
Now, what else do you have?
还有什么要说的
You misunderstand me, Your Honor.
法官阁下,您误会了
We're not looking for Eddie Alan Fornum to join the suit.
我们不是希望艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆参与诉讼
We're looking for him to be the evidence.
我们是希望他的处刑能作为证据
Mr. Fornum's testimony
佛努姆先生的证词
is the most relevant as to how much pain is suffered in the subject of lethal injection
最能够证明死刑处决的痛苦程度
because he was the subject of lethal injection.
因为他曾接受过死刑处决
Your Honor, I am speechless.
法官阁下,我简直无语了
Me, too.
我也是
I am speechless.
我也无语了
And yet intrigued. Go on.
但是很有兴趣,请继续
If Mr. Fornum is executed,
如果佛努姆先生被处决
the state will have destroyed crucial evidence for the plaintiff.
州政府也就毁掉了原告的重要证据
Your Honor, they are trying to delay an execution.
法官阁下,他们是要拖延死刑时间
Of course they are.
我看得出来
How much time do you need to depose him?
他什么时候才能出庭作证
Six weeks. A month.
六周,一个月
Three days.
三天
All right.
好吧
You have till Monday.
周一之前
Your Honor... Just relax, all right?
法官阁下,别激动
The State of Indiana can execute him on Tuesday.
印第安纳州政府可以周二对他行刑
Now, look, I know what you three are doing,
我知道你们三个想干什么
but y-you're not gonna save your guy with schemes.
但是光凭耍诡计你们是救不了他的
You're gonna buy him a little time.
你们只能给他争取一点时间
You're not gonna save him.
但你们救不了他
Time is all we need, Your Honor.
我们只需要时间,法官阁下
And please use it well.
那你们最好物尽其用
Get on with Kalinda.
跟凯琳达联系
We bought her another 48 hours.
我们又给她争取到两天时间
Governor-elect Florrick's office. Please hold.
候任州长福瑞克办公室,请稍候
You're sure you don't need anything?
你确定什么都不要吗
Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks.
我确定,谢谢
I'm fine, thanks.
我很好,谢谢
Four of the last eight governors of Illinois
前八任伊利诺伊州长中有四位
have gone to prison.
进了监狱
Four of the last eight.
前八任中有四位
Which is why we need to remember
因此我们不能忘记
that the spouse and the children
配偶和孩子是
are an extension of the governor.
州长形象的外延
Your choices become his choices.
你们的决定就是他的决定
Now, I've looked over your work at Lockhart/Gardner, Alicia.
我调查了你在洛&加律所的工作,艾丽西娅
There shouldn't be any problem there,
只要你不主动去拉
as long as you don't actively solicit clients
和州长打交道的客户
who have business with the governor's office,
也不利用和州长的关系
and that your relationship with the governor
去吸引客户上门
isn't used as a lure to clients.
那就没问题
It should not look like Peter is receiving
决不能看上去像是
backdoor remuneration through your business.
彼得通过你的工作接受什么秘密收入
And that your clients shouldn't believe
同时你的客户也不能认为
that your spousal connection...
通过你们的婚姻关系...
We need to talk.
我们得聊几句
About?
聊什么
We need to talk.
我们得聊聊
I'm starting my own firm.
我打算自己开律所
You're...
你打算...
When?
什么时候
Next week.
下周
Me, Cary and ten others.
我,凯里和另外十个人
Peter, I wanted to tell you yesterday,
彼得,我昨天就想告诉你
but there was just no time.
只是没找到时间
That's fantastic!
太棒了
You've been wanting to do this since law school.
你在读法学院的时候就想开律所了
I know. But I'm just worried that...
我知道,但是我担心...
it might complicate your ethical issues.
这会让你的道德审查变复杂
Oh, Marilyn was covering
玛丽莲刚才在讲
all the spousal conflict of interest issues.
配偶利益冲突问题
Have you told Will?
你告诉威尔了吗
And Diane?
还有戴安
No. Not yet.
还没
Uh, just you two.
就告诉了你们俩
I'm damn proud of you.
我真是太为你骄傲了
Damn proud of you.
太为你骄傲了
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm so sorry, I have to get this.
抱歉,我得接个电话
I am on my way.
我在路上
What?
干嘛啊
There were two nurses, a man and a woman.
当时有两个护士,一男一女
And they had the needles.
他们都拿着针
And they tried to put them
他们在我左右手上
into the veins of my right and my left arm.
都试过扎针管
How many times?
试了多少次
I again object to this line of questioning
我反对这种问法
as a delaying tactic.
这是拖延时间
Do you want to get the judge on the line?
你想让连线法官吗
What, and delay this even more?
好让你们拖得更久吗
Go ahead, Eddie.
继续,艾迪
Well, then another nurse came on--
然后另一个护士又接着来
a head one, I guess--
我猜是护士长
and he tried again on this arm,
他又在我这只手臂上试了一次
but something really hurt.
但这回弄得我很痛
Can you show us where on your arms?
可以展示下胳膊上扎针的部位么
Objection. Good, let's get the judge.
反对,好吧,让我们连线法官
I'm preserving my objection for the record.
请把我的反对意见记录在案
Go on, Eddie.
继续,艾迪
No, I'll do it.
别动,我来
So, after that,
在那之后
they went to your neck? Yeah.
他们就尝试在脖子上扎针,是的
I guess there was a lot blood, because...
我猜流了很多血,因为
I heard the guy say "Oops""
我听见有人惊呼
and the female nurse had to leave the room.
女护士不得不离开了那间房
Why did she have to leave the room?
为什么她不得不离开
I don't know, but she was crying.
我不知道,但她哭了
Do you remember her name?
你还记得她的名字吗
"Joan," Your Honor.
她叫做琼恩,法官阁下
That's all we know.
目前我们只知道这个名字
But I'm sure the AUSA can locate her.
但我肯定联邦助理检察官能够找到她
Your Honor, the identity of nurses
法官阁下,为了保证护士
at Indiana State is kept confidential
参与行刑任务的保密性
so that it doesn't become known
他们的身份在印第安纳州
that they participated in an execution.
是不公开的
Yes, but that doesn't shield them from questioning.
是的,但不能因此免于审讯
We would assert that it does.
我们认为可以
Really? You're asserting some kind
真的吗,你在声明某种
of immunity, Ms. Cesca?
豁免权吗,西斯卡女士
Your Honor, we need to have a hearing on this question.
法官阁下,就此问题我们要求听讯
Hold on, hold on.
稍等,稍等
Ms. Cesca, any thoughts about walking that one back?
西斯卡女士,军师给了你什么新想法吗
We apologize, Your Honor.
抱歉,法官阁下
We agree there would be no immunity,
我们同意这不算豁免权
but Mr. Gardner is merely using
但加德纳先生只是
this deposition as a ploy.
在利用这次取证
Your Honor!
法官阁下
And he will insist that Mr. Fornum be kept alive
他会坚持要求佛努姆先生活着
for his rebuttal testimony. No.
作为他的反驳证人,不
No.
不
I was merely going to insist
我只是坚持认为
that the AUSA is trying to destroy evidence
联邦助理检察官试图加快
by expediting this execution. No, no, no.
行刑进程来湮灭证据,不不不
I'm not gonna delay this execution any longer.
不打算再推迟行刑时间
How soon can you have that nurse available?
你们什么时候能让护士出庭
Tomorrow afternoon. That's not nearly enough time!
明天下午,这也太久了
It'll be too late then...
到那时就太晚了...
Shut up.
闭嘴
Tomorrow afternoon
明天下午
after Mr. Fornum's been executed?
在佛努姆先生行刑之后吗
Well, that's just coincidence.
这只是巧合
Yeah, I'm sure.
我想也是
Make her available this afternoon
让她今天下午准备参加
for a supervised deposition or be held in contempt.
受监督的取证,否则就是蔑视法庭
How did you get back here?
你怎么回来的
I needed to use the bathroom.
我得上洗手间
Call security!
叫警卫
You quit Indiana a month
宣告佛努姆有罪后一个月
after convicting Fornum.
你就向印第安纳检察院辞职了
You know something is wrong with this case.
你知道这个案子有问题
You know he's innocent.
你知道他是无辜的
He's not innocent.
他不是无辜的
You retested the hair evidence.
你再次检验了作为证据的头发
Why would you do that unless...
你没必要这么做除非...
Because I thought I was wrong.
因为我以为自己弄错了
I wasn't.
但我没错
The test came back consistent
测试结果还是表明
with Fornum's hair. I don't believe you.
那是佛努姆的头发,我不相信
Last page.
最后一页
There.
那里
That doesn't mean it's his hair. You're right.
这不能说明是他的头发,对
But it does mean there's no convincing you.
但也证明不了你的观点
Why did you do it six years ago?
为什么六年前你要那么做
Excuse me? Why did you
什么,为什么你六年前
double-check the hair evidence six years ago?
要再次对头发进行检验
What do you mean?
你想说什么
Well, the date of this report
这份报告的时间刚好是
is one week after the snitch, Tommy Diehause, died.
是告发者汤米·德豪斯死后一周
You thought he might be lying?
你觉得他可能撒谎了
I don't have time...
我没时间...
No, Eddie Fornum doesn't have time.
别,艾迪·佛努姆才快没时间了
He escaped execution once; he won't a second time.
他躲过一次死刑,不可能有第二次了
This is the moment to come forward, Ms. Pine.
是时候站出来了,派恩女士
Please. You called security?
拜托你了,你叫的警卫吗
It's all right.
没事了
I was using Diehause on another case.
我当时在另外一个案子上需要德豪斯
He snitched on a top drug dealer
他告发了一个毒品大贩
in exchange for his freedom...
来交换他的自由
and a new identity.
和新的身份
Will, the snitch is still alive.
威尔,那个告发者还活着
He's using the alias...
他现在用的名字叫做...
Robbie Walker.
罗比·沃克
Kalinda, we have a lead.
凯琳达,我们有线索了
We think he's still in the Illinois area.
我觉得他还在伊利诺伊附近
Forget the hair. It's a dead end.
别纠结头发了,那是个死胡同
It's the snitch.
抓住告发者这个线索
But we need more time to find him.
但我们还需要时间找他
Robbie Walker, aka Tommy Diehause.
罗比·沃克,也就是汤米·德豪斯
What'd you find out?
你有什么发现
The snitch is still alive, but we're having...
告发者还活着,但我们...
No, about the fourth-year phone calls.
不,我是说四年律师电话的事
Do you want me in this meeting?
你希望我参加这个会议吗
Dear God. Go away!
我的天,走开
I haven't looked into the calls yet.
我还没有调查电话
Yes, you have.
你调查过了
I checked with our provider.
我问过了营运商
They said they sent you the records.
他们说已经把记录给你了
Then why do you need me? Maybe I don't.
那你为什么还需要我,或许我不必找你
Here's another question for you:
我还有个问题要问你
Why aren't you doing your job?
你为什么不做好自己的工作
You have a complaint, you go to Will or Diane.
你要是想抱怨,去找威尔或者戴安
Is this about Cary?
是不是和凯里有关
Or are you thinking of leaving with them?
还是你也想和他们一起走
David, you should leave investigating
大卫,这种调查你应该
to the professionals.
留给专业人士来做
You might hurt yourself.
小心波及自己
Okay! Save that photo,
好啦,存下这张照片
because it's the last time you're gonna see
因为这是最后一次有我在场的情况下
the ethics committee smiling in my presence.
道德委员会还能面带微笑了
Thank you, Governor-elect.
谢谢你,候任州长
Maybe we can talk later.
或许我们过会能谈谈
Not until you call me "Peter."
等你喊我"彼得"后吧
We should replace her.
我们应该换了她
Why?
为什么
Because the optics aren't good.
因为影响不好
What optics?
什么影响
Her... looks.
她的...外表
Don't be ridiculous, Eli. I'm serious.
别搞笑了,伊莱,我是认真的
I can't fire someone because they're too pretty.
我不能因为人家长得太漂亮就开除她
Then don't. Promote her.
不开除也行,给她升职
Move her laterally.
调到其他部门
You don't want sex to be an issue here.
你不会想在性上面再出问题
It's not an issue.
这不是问题
Not for you, but for your enemies.
不是说你,你的敌人会这么想
They'd be delighted to crown a new bimbo.
他们非常乐意再给你找个姘头
She's not a bimbo.
她不是姘头
And we don't do that.
而且这不是我们的作风
We don't fire someone because of the way they look.
我们不会因为外表开除一个人
Ok.
行吧
It was my first execution.
这是我第一次参与死刑执行
In fact,
事实上
you're not really a medically-trained nurse,
你并不是一位接受过医学训练的护士
is that correct, Joan?
对吗,琼恩
Well, I have training...
我受过训练...
Yes, but due to the Hippocratic oath,
没错,但根据希波克拉底誓言
trained nurses and doctors
受过训练的护士和医生
are not allowed to participate in executions.
不允许参加死刑执行
Attorney is testifying, Your Honor.
律师在自证,法官阁下
Yes, at some length.
是的,过于详尽了
Sustained.
反对有效
Joan, did you leave
琼恩,你有没有哭着
the execution prep in tears?
离开死刑执行的准备工作
Well, I was upset.
我当时很难受
Eddie said you left in tears.
艾迪说你哭着离开了
Do you disagree with that?
你不同意吗
No. He's right.
没有,他说得对
He said it was because of
他说是因为静脉注射管线没找对
the blood spilling from his neck after a faulty IV line.
导致的脖颈溅血让你有这样的反应
That sounds right.
听起来没错
I left because of the blood.
我是看到血后离开的
Joan, did the prosecution prepare you for this testimony
琼恩,控方是否曾引导你在作证时
by telling you to agree with everything I said?
完全同意我所说的
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下
No, no. Overruled.
反对无效
Please answer.
请回答
She didn't say "Agree with everything,"
她没有说"要完全同意"
but she did say you were trying to create disagreement
但她确实说过你想在佛努姆和我之间
between Fornum and me
造成分歧
so that Fornum would have to be kept alive as a rebuttal witness.
这样佛努姆就能作为反驳证人继续生存
So you are actively deceiving this court? No.
所以你故意欺骗了法庭,没有
I'm just not seeing any area of disagreement.
只是没有找到有异见的地方
Do you believe Mr. Fornum was tortured?
你认为佛努姆先生遭受了折磨吗
I think the offender was in pain.
我认为罪犯当时很痛苦
He tried to keep from crying and screaming out.
他克制着不哭不叫
I think...
我认为...
Yes, it was torture.
是的,这是折磨
And don't you think
难道你不认为
this is a systematic problem of lethal injection?
这是注射死刑中存在的一个系统问题吗
I don't think so.
我不这么认为
It was his veins.
是他的静脉有问题
We've never had this problem before.
以前从没有过这样的问题
Eddie's veins?
艾迪的静脉吗
What do you mean?
你的意思是什么
He has what we call
他患有我们所称作
rolling veins... Objection!
滚动静脉... 反对
Your Honor, we insist that a physical
法官阁下,我们坚持要求对艾迪·佛努姆
of Eddie Alan Fornum be conducted.
进行体格检查
Oh, dear God. Your Honor... The witness has made
上帝啊,法官阁下,证人已说明
an assertion that Mr. Fornum is
佛努姆先生因其的滚动静脉
an exception due to his rolling veins.
而是一个特例
Well, we need a physical
我们需要对他进行体格检查
to see if he is in fact an exception.
来验证他到底是不是一个特例
This is game-playing. I don't know how it's game-playing...
这完全是在玩游戏,这怎么就算玩游戏了
All the appeals have all been exhausted.
所有的上诉都是在拖延时间
It's absolutely ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
The only game-playing is...
唯一的游戏是...
I don't want to shout over you guys. Sit down.
我不想喊出声来盖过你们,坐下
Sit down.
坐下
Good.
很好
How long will it take to do this physical?
做这个体格检查要多久
That was good.
刚才真不错呢
No, you were good.
没有,是你不错
Okay.
好吧
Kalinda, the court's delayed a few days.
凯琳达,法院同意推迟几天审理
Diane, yeah, we got our reprieve.
戴安,我们得到了我们的缓刑
Yeah. Yes, I'm serious.
没错,真的,我没开玩笑
Are you serious? Dude, totally serious.
你说真的,老兄,当然是真的
Stiles said he hooked up with her after second period.
斯蒂尔斯说他第二节课后就钓上了她
Hey, what's up with your sister?
你妹子怎么了
What do you mean?
什么意思
When did she start looking so hot?
她什么时候变得这么性感了
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
Oh, you probably haven't seen it.
可能你还没看见
Seen what?
看见什么
Turbochap.Com. Stiles sent me the link. Turbochap.com
斯蒂尔斯发给我的链接
Hello.
你好
Zach, it's Mom. What are you doing?
扎克,是妈妈,你在做什么
What am I doing? Nothing. Homework. Why?
我在做什么,没什么,家庭作业,怎么了
Nothing, I just...
没什么,我只是...
I need you to get your sister dinner tonight.
今晚要你给你妹妹准备晚饭
Hey, is that Mom?
是妈妈吗
Uh, yeah.
是的
Can you just tell her we need more juice?
你跟她说要买果汁了
We need more juice.
要买果汁了
And I love you, too.
我也爱你
I'll be home around 11:00 or so.
我大概11点左右到家
Not too much TV.
别看太多电视哦
Okay. Bye. Bye.
好的,拜拜,拜拜
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
What's going on?
干什么呢
West Side Story?
演《西城故事》呢
We have a possibility on some office space.
办公地点我们又有了一个选择
Just outside the Loop on Harrison.
就在哈里森外环那里
$20 a square foot. Good.
每平方英尺20美元,太好了
It doesn't become available for three weeks.
三周后才能空出来
Okay, so we rent temporary offices in the meantime.
没事,那我们先暂时租个地方
No.
不
We were, uh, wondering whether we should stick around until then.
我们在考虑是否等到那时再搬出去
For three weeks? Why?
再等三周吗,为什么
Chumhum needs some work on a case.
查查网还有点活没干完
So, we do it from our new office.
我们可以在新办公室做啊
Look, we can't keep skulking around.
我们不能一直这么偷偷摸摸的
We have to cut the cord at some point. I agree.
早晚都得自立门户,我同意
We need to get going. Tell her the real reason.
我们得准备撤了,告诉她真实理由
People want to wait for bonuses.
大家想分了红再走
Oh, come on!
不是吧
It's $1 million between us.
我们大家可以分到一百万呢
If we walk out before the first of the month,
如果我们月初就走
they'll never pay us.
他们就不会分我们钱了
A lot of us are counting on
我们很多人都指着这笔钱
that money for start-up costs.
作为启动成本呢
We can't keep fooling the partners.
我们不能这么耍合伙人
We can't keep fooling Will.
我看是不能这么耍威尔吧
Do we have a problem?
你对我有意见吗
No. But you were all right waiting a week to leave
没有,但你可以等一周
after your case was finished,
结了你的案子再走
but you're not all right when it's our issue?
但我们想这么做你就不爽了
It's a death row case.
这是死刑犯案件
Okay, let's not make it a big issue.
好了,我们别把问题搞大
Listen, the difference here is two weeks.
分歧就在于两个星期嘛
Let's just put it up to a vote to the others, okay?
我们投票表决,好吗
Hey, Tommy.
你好啊,汤米
Who are you?
你们是谁
Kalinda. Robyn.
凯琳达,罗宾
I don't know who you guys are looking for.
我不知道你们在找什么
My name isn't Tommy. It is.
我不叫汤米,是的吧
Tommy Diehause.
汤米·德豪斯
Sad. You win a whole new identity,
伤心,你赢得了一个全新的身份
but you still can't resist being a thief.
却还是干起了小偷的勾当
Look, I don't know how you guys found me,
我不知道你们是怎么找到我的
but I told the truth at Eddie's trial.
但关于艾迪的案件我说的是实话
He killed those girls.
他杀了那两个女孩
He was only trying to jack their car,
他本来只想抢她们的车子
but they fought him and pulled off his ski mask,
但她们和他打了起来,拉下了他的滑雪面罩
and that's why he had to kill them.
所以他只能杀了她们
Come on, Tommy, why would anyone confess to you?
得了,汤米,怎么可能有人跟你坦白
You have snitch written all over you. Yeah.
你就是一脸奸人相,是啊
But how'd I know about the ski mask
那我怎么会知道滑雪面罩呢
if Eddie didn't tell me, huh?
如果不是艾迪说的
The police never told anyone about that little detail.
警方从来没公布这个小细节
Maybe you heard it from the real killer.
或许是凶手告诉你的
I did hear it from the real killer:
确实是凶手告诉我的
your client.
他就是你们的客户
Alicia, Alicia.
艾丽西娅,艾丽西娅
Kalinda found the snitch,
凯琳达找到了告密者
but he's sticking to his story.
但他绝不改口
Damn. Does she believe him?
见鬼,她相信他吗
No. She thinks there might be
不,她认为或许可以换种方法
another way to get him, though.
攻破他的防线
Are you okay?
你还好吗
The parking garage meet?
停车场的那个集会
Sure. We're fine.
当然,一切都好
Hello?
有人吗
Can someone help me, please?
有人能帮帮我吗
I can't see anything.
我什么都看不见
Is anyone around?
有人吗
Thank you. Alicia.
谢谢,艾丽西娅
Do you have a minute?
你有空吗
Sure.
当然
What's wrong? We looked into the company's phones.
怎么了,我们调查了公司手机的通话记录
Over the past month,
在过去的几个月里
the fourth-year associates have called
每位四年律师都曾多次
our top clients a dozen times each.
给我们的首要客户打电话
We're worried they're thinking of leaving with them.
我们担心他们想要跳槽
Do you have any insight?
你有什么想法吗
No.
不
We called the clients, but they're being tight-lipped,
我们向客户询问,但他们口风很紧
said they have no plans of leaving at the present time.
说他们目前并不打算离开
Which is known as "preserving their options""
也意味着他们保留离开的权利
I say we move past metadata
我提议我们绕过元数据
and access their texts.
调出他们的短信
Can we do that?
我们能那样做吗
Where's Kalinda?
凯琳达在哪里
Kalinda's sympathetic with them.
凯琳达向着他们
Yes, we can do that. They're our phones.
我们当然可以那样做,那是我们的手机
We own the texts.
短信当然也是我们的
Alicia, you're friends with Cary.
艾丽西娅,你是凯里的朋友
Are you hearing anything at all?
听到过什么消息吗
No. Not since the fourth-years tried to scare us.
不,最新消息就是四年律师试图恐吓我们
It would be helpful if you could get closer to them.
如果能同他们拉近距离,将会大有益处
Find out if they're happy,
去看看他们是否开心
and whether we should be worried.
我们是否需要担心
Sure.
好的
Okay, here's my problem:
好的,我的问题是
I have two medical reports conducted by
我手上有两份不同医生出具的
two different doctors--
医学报告
one for the plaintiff, one for the defense--
一份是原告出具的,另一份是被告出具的
and surprisingly, they tell two different stories.
令人惊讶的是,它们大相径庭
Your Honor, may I suggest...
法官大人,我能否建议...
That Mr. Fornum be preserved as a rebuttal witness?
让佛努姆先生成为反证证人
Your Honor, we withdraw
法官大人,我们撤回
our medical report on the offender's physical condition
对犯罪人的身体健康评估报告
and stipulate to the truth of the plaintiff's report.
承认原告报告的真实性
Excuse me?
你说什么
In addition, we stipulate
另外,我们承认
to everything testified in Mr. Fornum's deposition.
佛努姆先生的一切证词
So let me get this straight.
让我把话说清楚
You've decided that it's better to execute
你们认为,即使会输掉这场官司
Mr. Fornum than to win your lawsuit?
佛努姆先生也要被执行死刑
We also have the Warden
另外
from the Indiana State Prison who will swear to changes
印第安纳州立监狱的典狱长
in the lethal injection protocol so as to reduce the pain
发誓愿意修改注射死刑程序
associated therewith.
用以减轻被执行人的痛苦
I imagine, Mr. Gardner,
我猜,加德纳先生
you would like to depose said Warden?
你想现场质询一下典狱长?
Definitely, Your Honor. Either way, -
当然,法官大人,-不管怎样
there's no reason to delay this execution anymore.
没必要再推迟死刑了
If you so stipulate, I suppose that's true.
既然你们如此坚决,我认为那只能是真的
Ms. Lockhart?
洛克哈特女士
Eddie didn't do it.
艾迪没杀人
I agree.
我同意
How do we prove it?
我们怎么证明呢
The snitch testified about the ski mask,
告密者说凶手戴着滑雪面罩
something he could only know from the killer, right?
这件事他只能从凶手嘴里知道,对吗
But when I was at Treasury, we looked into prison brokers.
但我在财政部供职时,我们在调查监狱经纪人
Prison...? Brokers.
监狱,经纪人
They're police insiders who sell information to prisoners
他们潜伏在警方,向犯人卖消息
so that they can snitch on their cell mates in exchange
这样犯人能举报其他犯人
for a lighter sentence.
来换取减刑
You think Diehause got the ski mask information from a broker?
你认为德豪斯从经纪人那里得知了滑雪面具的事情
I don't know. Maybe.
我不确定,或许吧
But he'll just deny it.
但他会否认的
If we go to him.
要是我们直接问他的话
But what if we go after the broker?
如果我们找到那个经纪人呢
Tommy Diehause snitched for our office three times.
汤米·德豪斯向我们告过三次密
So we want to find someone on all three cases.
所以我们想找出经手过这三个案件的人
Yeah, like a police officer, forensic investigator.
是的,像是警官,法医
Good luck.
好运
You're not gonna help us?
你不打算帮我们吗
Sir?
先生
Why do you think Alicia's leaving Lockhart/Gardner?
艾丽西娅为什么会离开洛克哈特&加德纳
Why do I think?
我的想法吗
Because she wants to make something of herself.
因为她想创出一番事业
Not about Will?
与威尔无关
Well, I-I wouldn't presume.
我不会胡乱猜测
And, uh...
还有...
you think the optics are wrong with Marilyn?
你认为雇佣玛丽莲会给人错误印象
Yes.
是的
Photos of you with her would give the wrong impression.
你和她在一起的照片会给人错误印象
Okay.
好的
Promote her.
让她升职
No. No cops in common,
不,没有共同的警察
no forensic investigators, nothing.
也没有共同的法医,什么都没有
We're still looking.
我们还在找
Okay.
好的
The execution is on for tonight.
死刑今晚执行
Who typed up your crime report?
谁是这份犯罪报告的书记员
What?
什么
Who was the clerk on your crime report?
谁是你那份犯罪报告的书记员
Bottom of the page, there.
在最底下,那里
The typist.
书记员
Thank you, so much, Ms. Munn,
十分感谢,默恩女士
for coming in on such short notice.
谢谢您这么快赶来
Oh, no problem, but I'm-I'm not sure how I can help.
没关系,我不知道我能帮到什么
I just type.
我只是打字而已
I don't actually catch the bad guys.
我又没有抓到坏人
Actually, uh, we want to help you.
实际上,我们想帮助您
Really? How do you want to do that?
真的吗,你们想怎么帮我
We want to keep you out of jail.
我们想让您免于牢狱之灾
We discovered your brother works as a prison guard,
我们发现您的兄弟是狱警
and that's how you sell information to snitches.
你就是通过他向告密者卖消息
We are meeting next with Tommy Diehause,
稍后我们要和汤米·德豪斯见面
and one of you is gonna turn on the other.
你俩肯定会有人主动开口的
That's the problem with working with
这就是与告密者合作的弊端
a snitch, Ms. Munn: they like to snitch.
默恩女士,他们喜欢告密
So I would start talking first.
所以我肯定会第一个开口
What do you want?
怎么了
Did Stiles talk to you yesterday at school?
斯蒂尔斯昨天在学校与你说过话吗
What? Drew Stiles?
什么,德鲁·斯蒂尔斯
Yeah. Why?
是的,怎么了
What'd he say?
他说了什么
Nothing. He's disgusting.
没什么,他是个讨厌鬼
I know. What'd he say?
我知道,他说了什么
Did you say something to your friends?
你是不是对你的朋友们说了些什么
No. Why?
没有,怎么了
They're all trying to talk to me now.
他们现在都想跟我说话
What are you doing?
你在做什么
What is this?
这是什么
Kids, hurry up! Your ride's here!
孩子们快点,车来了
Can we talk?
我们能谈谈吗
Uh, my mistake.
我的错
I have to get to work.
我得去上班了
You were in with the partners yesterday.
昨天你和合伙人开了个会
What did they say?
他们说了什么
Nothing.
没什么
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
We need to leave by the end of the week.
我们这周末必须离开
They said that? No, I'm saying it.
他们那样说的,不,这是我说的
I'm still a partner here.
我依旧是律所的合伙人
And I'm stuck in the middle.
我被困在中间
I have a fiduciary responsibility
我对洛克哈特&加德纳律所
to Lockhart/Gardner.
具有诚信义务
And I am opening myself up to a lawsuit
单单与你们谈话
just by talking to you about anything.
就会让我陷入诉讼
We need to leave. Look.
我们得辞职,听着
One of the things we said we didn't like
我们不喜欢洛克哈特&加德纳律所的一点就是
about Lockhart/Gardner was how decisions were made
决定总是由威尔和戴安
by fiat, by Will and Diane.
独断产生
We said we wanted to run things democratically.
我们说过我们想要一切民主化
And we all voted to wait three weeks.
我们表决同意三周后离职
Would we take this case?
我们会接受这个案件吗
This death row case.
这个死刑案件
I don't know.
我说不好
Probably. Why not?
可能吧,为什么不呢
It's pro bono.
它是公益案件
50 partner hours.
50个合伙人工作小时
We would be afraid of going broke.
要是我们就会担心破产
Yeah, but Lockhart/Gardner
没错,但洛克哈特&加德纳律所
didn't take death row cases
也是从业六,七年后
until its sixth or seventh year.
才开始接死刑案件的
Are you having second thoughts?
你是犹豫了吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I like watching Diane and Will work.
我喜欢看戴安和威尔工作
They care. Alicia.
他们关心客户,艾丽西娅
You and I are the new Will and Diane.
我和你就是新的威尔和戴安
Don't use the company phones.
别用公司电话
They're accessing the data.
他们正在访问数据
I have a deposition.
我还有个取证会
Very simply, the medical team thought
原因很简单,医护人员以为
they could put an I.V. in the offender's arm,
他们可以把针头扎进罪犯胳膊
but they were wrong.
但他们想错了
And how will tonight's execution be different?
今晚的死刑执行会有什么不同
We will do a better job hydrating Mr. Fornum
我们对佛努姆先生进行了补水
and using warm compresses to raise his veins.
并用热敷的方法使其血管突起
And we will place the I.V. in his foot.
我们会在他的足底进行静脉注射
And you didn't do this the last time?
你们在上次没有这样做吗
We would've.
本来是
But the execution was halted.
但执行过程中断了
And I didn't supervise it.
我也没有在场监督
So, you weren't present during the last attempt?
上次整个过程你都没有在场吗
Not all the time.
不是一直在场
We had a late arrival of potassium chloride.
我们晚到了一批氯化钾
We've had difficulties with the supply of this drug in the past,
过去我们的这种化学品比较紧缺
so I supervised and witnessed its removal from an overnight pouch
所以我就去监督化学品从隔夜邮袋取出
and placement in the intravenous tubing.
放入静脉输液管的过程
However, we will have greater control...
不过,这次我们一定会加强管理
What?
怎么了
This court seems to be all Eddie Alan Fornum all the time.
这个法庭似乎总是艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的案子
Yes, His Honor Manfreddi
是的,曼佛雷迪法官
referred this death row appeal to your court,
将这一死刑上诉安排到您的法庭
Your Honor,
法官阁下
given that you were already hearing
想必您已经听说了
the Eighth Amendment appeal.
第八修正案的上诉
Lucky me. All right.
"非常有幸"好了
So you're ten hours away from an execution.
离执行死刑还有十小时
What do you have for me?
有什么要给我看
We'd like to call a witness.
我们想要出示一位证人
You testified at Edward Alan Fornum's trial?
你曾在爱德华·阿兰·佛努姆审判中出庭作证
Yes.
是的
And you testified that he confessed to the double murder?
你曾作证他承认双重谋杀
Yes.
是的
And you would like to now withdraw that testimony?
现在你要撤销那份证词吗
Yes.
是的
As far as you know, eddie Fornum is innocent?
就你所知,艾迪·佛努姆是无辜的吗
Yes.
是的
And you received the information to condemn him
你是从那个女人,莱斯利·默恩的兄弟处
from the brother of that woman there--
获取了给他定罪的情报
Leslie Munn?
对吗
Yes. Is there anything else you would like to say?
是的,你还有其他话要说吗
No.
没有
You know, I didn't plan on judging this appeal,
要知道我没打算主审这次上诉
but you bring me that snitch
但你找来了那个告密人
who changes his testimony after almost a decade?
过了近十年,他才更改了证词
Now... now I'm sorry, ms. Lockhart, I'm sorry,
很抱歉,洛克哈特女士,很抱歉
but, uh, an appeal of actual innocence
但一个经过多年上诉
after years of appeals and decisions and-and delays
判决和延期的无罪上诉
has to stand on a much more ground
需要建立在更多的证据之上
than an indecisive snitch.
而不是一个善变告密者的证词
Your Honor... No.
法官大人,不行
At a certain point,
在某种程度上
it has to be over, judgments must stand.
都该结束了,维持原判
God forgive me...
愿主原谅...
I find for the state.
政府方胜诉
Execution will proceed.
死刑将执行
Eddie, I need you to stand.
艾迪,我需要你站起来
Eddie, please.
艾迪,请站起来
Place your hands out in front of you.
将双手放在身前
Turn around, please.
请转过身
You know the way, Eddie.
你认识路的,艾迪
You wanted to see me, Mr. Gold?
你要见我吗,戈德先生
Oh, yes. Hi, Marilyn.
是啊,你好,玛丽莲
How are you? Good.
你好吗,不错
I think we're off to a great start, don't you think?
我觉得我们开局不错,您觉得呢
I do, I do.
没错,没错
And I have some good news.
告诉你一个好消息
Peter wants to promote you to the Transit Authority...
彼得要提升你去交通管理局...
Board.
委员会
I...
什...
I'm sorry, what?
对不起,什么
Yes, uh, an opening has
没错,交通管理局委员会
opened up on the Transit Authority Board,
正好有一个空缺
uh, where you will have authority... over transit.
你会在交通方面...行使权利
It's a step up.
这可进步不小
Congratulations.
恭喜你
Did I do something wrong?
我做错什么了吗
No, you did something right.
不,你做得很好
It's a promotion.
这是升职
No, Marilyn.
不行,玛丽莲
Peter promoted you.
彼得提升了你
If he'd wanted to tell you that himself, he would have.
如果他想亲自告诉你,他会的
You guys are making a mistake.
你们犯了个大错
Maybe.
也许吧
You have a good evening.
祝你晚上愉快
How did it go?
怎么样
Well. She took it like a pro.
她懂规矩
She's right, you know,
她说得对
we need a new chief of staff.
我们需要一个新的幕僚长
She's not right, she's anal.
她没对,她就是个放屁孔
Well, anal's what we need right now.
我们现在需要的就是放屁孔
Did I just say that? Yes.
我把这话说出口了?没错
Our new state motto?
这就是我们州新的格言了?
I'll make up a list.
我去列个名单
Why don't you do it?
要不你来做
What? Be chief of staff?
什么,幕僚长
But I...
但是我...
I'm working on your next campaign, sir.
我要着手准备你的下次竞选
My next campaign is here in this office.
我的下次竞选就从这间办公室开始
I screw that up, there's nowhere to go but down.
要是搞砸了,我就无路可退了
You're going tonight?
你要回去吗
No.
不
We did everything we could.
我们竭尽全力了
Not everything.
还没有
We want to put an I.V. in early, Eddie,
我们想提前进行静脉注射,艾迪
so there isn't the same confusion at midnight.
这样就不会出现半夜那种状况了
Tell us if you feel any pain.
如果感到疼就告诉我们
You should feel a small pinprick
我们注射的时候
as we attempt to put in the I.V.
你会有种针扎的感觉
The monitor you see above your ankle is a VeinMapper.
你脚踝上的仪器叫做静脉映射器
It uses ultraviolet imaging to help find veins.
它通过紫外摄像来找到血管
Okay, the pain should be over in a minute, Eddie.
好了,痛感马上会消失,艾迪
Warden, excuse me.
监狱长,打扰一下
What? There's somebody out here for you.
怎么了,外面有人找你
I'll be right back with you, Eddie.
我马上回来,艾迪
Excuse me.
请原谅
We're in the midst of a protocol. What is it?
我们正在执行死刑,什么事
Yes, our apologies, sir.
是的,很抱歉,先生
My name is Agent Lionel Franklin from the South Bend office
我是禁毒署南本德办事处的
of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
莱昂内尔·富兰克林探员
It's come to our attention that you've transported
我们注意到你通过邮政部门
toxic chemicals through the U.S. Postal Service.
运送了有毒化学品
Are you serious?
你跟我来真的吗
It's a direct violation of 49 U.S.C. 5101.
这直接违反了美国法典第49篇51章第1部分的规定
Have you transported any such chemicals?
你是否运送过这类化学品
We use potassium chloride in our L.I. Protocol,
我们在注射死刑中要用到氯化钾
and, yes, we transferred it by overnight post.
所以我们通过次晨达邮递运送的
I'm gonna have to confiscate those chemicals.
我现在要没收这些化学品
The governor has put the execution on hold, Eddie.
州长已暂停执行死刑了,艾迪
They don't want to try a third time.
他们不想再试第三次了
It's over, Eddie.
都结束了,艾迪
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢,谢谢
Good work.
干得漂亮
Thanks.
谢谢
Were you the one who called the DEA?
是你打给禁毒署的吗
Now, what would make you think that?
你为什么猜是我呢
It was a smart move.
这招很聪明
Have some?
喝点吗
Will?
威尔
I need to tell you something.
我得告诉你件事
No, you don't, Alicia.
不,不用了,艾丽西娅
Look, I know why you didn't call, and it's okay.
我知道你为什么没打给我,没关系
We were on a merry-go-round and we needed to get off,
我们一直转来转去,现在需要停下来
so we're off.
所以我们就停下来了
That's all.
就这样
Don't end up hating me.
请最后别恨我
What?
什么
Nothing. Have a good night.
没什么,晚安
Are you sure you don't want some?
你真不想喝点吗
No, I'm good.
不,我不喝了