手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第五季 > 正文

广告狂人第五季(MP3+中英字幕):第7集:尝试新生意

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Previously on Mad Man.

《广告狂人》前情提要
Don and Megan sold Heinz last night over dinner.
唐和梅根昨天晚饭时敲定了亨氏的生意
Way to go.
干得太漂亮了
You should be shaking her hand.
你应该握她的手
It's just beginner's luck.
新手运气好而已
Mr. Sterling will be handling the day to day.
斯特林先生将处理日常杂务
But everything he knows I'll know.
不过有我统筹全局
Do you know you're good at all of it?
你知道吗,你简直是全能了
I have nothing, Don.
我一无所有,唐
Megan, congratulations.
梅根,恭喜啊
There's a point, when you go from going home on the 5:25 to the 7:05.
此前你会从5:25到改坐7:05的车回家
I didn't want to play cards anyway.
我本来也不打算玩牌
I was supposed to talk to Dunphy, but he's sick again.
我本该和邓菲聊聊的,不过他又病了
You know, the other top salesman in my department,
知道吗,我部门另一个王牌销售
he reads all day long,
也整天捧着本书在读
and I'm out here on the train hustling people.
而我却得在列车上向人推销
I'm really having a lean month.
我本月过得可不怎么顺
Okay, Howard,
好吧,霍华德
I knew this day would come.
我就知道这天迟早会来
Look, I already have life insurance.
听着,我已经有人寿保险了
It came with my junior partnership.
我初级合伙人的身份附带的
And it's six times my annual salary,
数额是我年薪的6倍
and after two years, it covers suicide.
两年以后,自杀也将涵盖在内
So make your pitch brief.
所以你有话就直说吧
Are you kidding me?
你开什么玩笑
What?
什么
Look, I wasn't gonna put the arm into you,
听着,不是我故意要你担心
but you have a kid.
但你是有孩子的人
I guarantee you that policy pays the company
我打包票,保单的钱是付给公司的
and not you.
不是给你个人
Imagine everything you have just stopped short
想象一下,现在拥有的一切
the minute they put you in the ground.
都在你身死入土的那一刻化为乌有
I don't think you're right about that.
我觉得不是这样
Oh, I'm positive.
我确信无疑
Forget it.
算了
I'll leave that to you and your sleepless nights.
你晚上辗转反侧自己捉摸去吧
I'm surprised you're not doing better.
你的推销技巧真是一点长进都没有
You like my new tie? Yes.
喜欢我的新领带吗,喜欢,
You know what a new tie means?
知道新领带意味着什么吗
It means I have a spectacular
意味着我又在城里"偷吃"到
new side dish in the city.
新鲜美味的"小菜"了
Strawberry blonde.
略带微红的金发女郎
Tiny thing with huge tits.
娇小的身材,雄伟的双峰
24th floor, 24 years old.
24楼的公寓, 24岁的年纪,
I got an apartment.
我城里有个公寓落脚了
What's your wife saying?
你老婆意见如何
She's happy because I provide for her.
她当然开心了,有我养着她
She's not worried about what might happen to her
我就算出了什么事
if something happens to me.
她也不用担心
Aren't you worried you're going to get caught?
你就不怕被抓个正着吗
I'll be right back.
失陪,去去就来
I have a Jack Shapiro calling for you.
有一通杰克o夏皮罗的电话
Well, for Megan Calvet.
找梅根o卡维特的
Thank you so much, Dawn.
非常感谢,唐恩
So shot for shot, it's "A hard day's night"
整组镜头都是模仿《一夜狂欢》(《一夜狂欢》 1964年披头士主演电影,主题曲与其同名)
as the screaming girl and the increase numbers
惊声尖叫的女孩,越聚越多的人群
until our moptop in the white leather jacket
我们马桶盖发型的主人公,身着白色皮夹克
ducks into the Chevalier Blanc pub.
闪进一家白骑士西装酒馆
Notice the white chess piece.
注意到那白色的棋子
Then we're inside and we're in color,
然后画面跟进,黑白变彩色
But there's even more girls.
不过女孩变得更多了
The music cuts and they stare at him
音乐戛然而止,所有人都盯着他
like at the end of "The birds."
就像电影《群鸟》的结尾一样(《群鸟》 希区柯克1963年作品,结尾处鸟群袭击人)
"You may have second thoughts about wearing chevalier blanc.
"白骑士西装,穿前需谨慎,
It's more trouble than it's worth."
穿上有风险,只为敢冒险的你"
So we've been looking for a piece of music.
我们一直想找一段音乐
It really has to have that sound that the movie has.
必须和原电影的配乐相当
Well, that sound is the Beatles,
电影原声是披头士唱的
who you said are impossible to get.
你们说没办法搞到版权
Oh, don't worry.
那个你不用担心
There's a million bands that sound like that.
同类型的乐队多得是
Or we'll make our own.
找不到我们可以自己做
All we want is the chaos and the fun,
我们希望看到的是,纷乱与乐趣交织
That sort of, um, adolescent joy.
有一种,青春期的欢愉
We know what the beatles sound like.
我们很清楚披头士的音乐是什么样的
We'll do our best.
我们会全力以赴
Great.
很好
Well, we'll get back to you
关于该点和后续日程
on that and the schedule.
我们会给你们答复
Great seeing you both.
幸会,二位
You, too.
彼此彼此
Make sure in the casting
选角时一定要确保
That this guy is more like Calvin than Rick.
男主人公要阳刚点,别像瑞克一样女气
Usually you have to go to one of your finer men's rooms
一般来说,瑞克那种男人你要去
to find a man like Rick.
高档华丽的厕所里才能找到
So nothing about the applause?
就没人想聊聊刚才那阵掌声吗
It was their idea.
本来就是人家的点子
Now what about the song?
现在那首歌怎么说
Like I said, there's a million of them.
我不说了嘛,同类的乐队俯首即是
Herman's hermits, Chad & Jeremy,
赫尔曼的隐士,查德与杰里米
The Merseybeats, The Zombies.
莫西节拍乐团,僵尸乐团
Eh, you really think the zombies are right?
僵尸乐团的歌合适吗
It's gotta be right.
一定要完美配合才行
You know whatI'll ask Megan. She'll know.
这样吧,我去问问梅根,她准知道
You wanted to see me?
你要见我吗
See anything you like?
看看有没有你中意的
Are you asking if I ski? No.
你是在问我滑不滑雪吗,不是,
I want to know which skis you want.
我就想知道你会挑哪一个滑雪板
Or take them both.
或者全拿走
Do they explode or something?
滑着滑着会突然爆炸什么的吗
Yes, Allen Funt sent them over.
是,艾伦o芬特亲手送来的(艾伦o芬特,整人节目《真实镜头》创始人)
Do you want them or not? Because they want you.
你到底要不要,他们可是点名要的你
The skis do?
它们这么说了
Roger O'hara took it upon himself
罗杰o奥海拉本人亲自出马
as head of the Head Ski Company
以海德运动品公司最高领导人的名义
to demand your handling of his account over my lunch.
跟我午餐时,点名要你来负责这单生意
Really?
真的
Yes. You're making quite a name for yourself.
是啊,你现在可算是名声在外了
Why are you telling me this?
你为什么要跟我说这些
Relax. It's good.
放轻松,没使坏
It's what I've always wanted
这是我一直以来希望的
Sit back, let the business roll in while you pass the jug
退居二线,看着生意送上门,让你负责和一帮
with some schmo from Lutherville, Maryland.
来自马里兰小村子的傻逼打交道
Go on, take them.
去吧,都收下
Yes.
好吧
I suppose I will.
那我就都收下了
And I got to see that.
还能看到你这幅狼狈样
Where have you been hiding all day? I was about to leave.
你一整天都上哪儿去了,我正要走呢
I've been working. I thought you were, too.
我在工作,我以为你也是
Nope.
没有
Why don't you come with me,
跟我一起走吧
dress up another drab client dinner?
再上演一场敲定客户的好戏
Don. Hey, let me ask you something.
唐,问你点事,
When did music become so important?
什么时候音乐变得这么重要了
It's always been important.
一直很重要
I mean jingles, yeah.
广告乐是很重要
But now everybody keeps coming in, looking for some song.
但现在每个客户都要求广告里有配乐
And they're so specific.
还都描述的那么具体
You love specific.
具体不好吗
But I have no idea what's going on out there.
但我一点都不知道现在什么音乐流行
Well, no one can keep up. It's always changing.
没人能跟得上潮流,潮流总在变
We're going to Danny's Hideaway.
我们要去丹尼的避风港餐厅
You have to go and I have to work.
你去吧,我得加班
See you at home?
回家见
I promise.
好的
You're leaving late.
你这么晚才回家
Is it snowing out there?
外面下雪了吗
No. Sporting goods account.
不是,运动品牌商送的
And they're already giving us presents. That's good.
他们还给我们送礼物,势头不错啊
They're giving me presents
他们是送给我礼物
and I've never even met them.
我都没见过他们
Are you a really good skier? Like famous?
你滑雪很棒吗,威名远扬那种吗
Heh. Well, good night.
先走了,晚安
I thought we were working.
我以为我们要一起加班呢
Don just called. I have to meet him for dinner.
唐刚打来电话,我得跟他一起吃晚饭
Nothing I can do about that, I guess.
那我就没什么好说的了
You can go home, too.
你也可以回家
I don't know. They're not right.
我不知道,感觉这些有点不太对
They're exactly as you dictated them to me.
那些都是按你的要求完成的
They're exactly like they're supposed to be,
确实是呈现出预想的样子
But they're not it.
但就是感觉不对
Maybe they are.
也有可能是对的
Go ahead.
你走吧
Thanks. Good night.
谢谢,晚安
I'm sorry.
打扰一下
Excuse me?
有什么事吗
You didn't happen to see Howard Dawes on the train?
你在火车上见到霍华德o道斯了吗
Are you Beth?
你就是贝丝吗
Um, yes.
对,
He talks about you often.
他常说起你
I'm sorry, he doesn't talk about anyone to me.
抱歉,他从不跟我提别人
Peter Campbell.
我是皮特o坎贝尔
We should switch cars.
我们真该互换一下车
I don't know how I'm gonna get these in there.
这些东西我车里都塞不下
Except I locked my keys inside.
可惜我把钥匙锁在里面了
He should have been home by now
他现在应该到家了
and I'm afraid maybe he fell asleep on the train.
可是我很担心他可能在火车上睡过站
He's done that before.
以前就出过这样的事
Oh, uh, now that I think of it,
我想起来了
I saw some fellow corner him in the oyster bar.
我看到他在牡蛎餐厅遇上熟人
He may be a while.
可能还得呆一会儿呢
I can notify a locksmith for the car and the house.
我可以找个开锁匠来帮你开车门和房门
Can you just drive me home?
你能载我回家吗
The house is open. I'll deal with this in the morning.
门没有锁,我明早再处理这车
Next time we turn, I'll warn you.
下次要转弯的时候,我会先告诉你
When's the next train?
下趟列车什么时候来
You know what? I'll give you my number.
这样吧,我把我的号码给你
And when Howard calls from the station,
如果霍华德从站里打电话过来
I'll shuttle him home.
我会载他回家的
He' not coming home. He's staying in the city.
他不回家,他要在城里住
We got an apartment.
我们在那有一套公寓
"We."
"我们"
You're enough of a stranger that I've never heard your name,
我从没听过你的名字,你和他不熟
yet you know where he is and I don't.
但你知道他在哪儿,我却不知道
I don't know anything.
我什么也不知道
Did you know that was a stop sign?
你没看到那有个停车指示牌吗
You're an awful driver.
你真是个糟糕的司机
Are you from Manhattan?
你是从曼哈顿来的吗
Yes. And I just learned.
是的,我刚学会开车
I could never live in the city.
我没办法住在城里
What's wrong with it?
怎么了
Well, I love it, but all the hobos and the panhandlers...
我喜欢城里,但那么多流浪汉和乞丐
There aren't that many.
也没那么夸张吧
Well, they always accost me.
他们总是跟我搭讪
I think it's because I make eye contact.
我想是因为我多看了他们几眼
And then I always give them money
并且我也常常给他们钱
and I can't stop thinking about them for the rest of the day...
然后接下来的一整天脑子里一直纠结着他们
Wandering around, sleeping in doorways.
四处游荡,露宿街头
When I was little, I tried to make my father
小时候,我曾试图说服我父亲
give one money and he wouldn't.
给他们点钱,但是他不肯
He said, "We couldn't take care of everybody."
他说"我们不可能照顾每一个人"
I guess we're supposed to get used to not seeing them.
我想我们应该学会去习惯忽略他们
Yes.
没错
That's exactly what happens.
现在的情况不就是那样嘛
Hello?
喂,
It's me. Is Megan there?
是我,梅根在吗
Isn't she with you?
她不是跟你在一起吗
Yes, we're playing a hilarious joke on you.
是的,我们逗你玩儿呢
She left a while ago to meet you at the restaurant.
她刚走不久,说是要跟你在饭店见面
When?
何时走的
I don't know after you called.
不清楚,在你打电话之后吧
I didn't call.
我没有打电话
She must be at home.
那她肯定在家
I'm at home.
我在家呢
Maybe she went to the restaurant and missed you
也许她去了酒店,却没有看到你
and now she's on her way home.
现在正在回家的路上
I don't know where she is. Do you know where Abe is?
我不知道她在哪,你知道艾博在哪儿吗
Goodbye, Peggy.
再见,佩奇
It's a lovely house.
你家真漂亮
Is it harder to lie to me now that you know me?
认识我之后,对我撒谎是不是就变难了
Howard is working, I'm sure of it.
霍华德正在工作,我很肯定
I don't even think he'd care if I was alive or dead.
我觉得他都不在乎我的死活
I'm sorry, but you're being very dramatic.
我很抱歉,但是你情绪真的很不稳定
You drove me home. Now leave me alone.
你已经送我到家了,现在让我静一静
I'm not leaving until I'm sure you're not hysterical.
我要确保你没事,不然我不会走的
You don't know what you're doing.
你不知道自己在做什么
You just want to get back at him.
你只是想报复他
Don't you want me?
难道你不想要我吗
You can have me.
你可以拥有我
Are you really worried that Howard's coming home?
你还担心霍华德会回来吗
Hello?
喂,
Hello? Peggy?
喂,佩奇吗
Pizza house.
披萨屋
I used to be like this.
我也曾这样过
What do you mean?
什么意思
Just reckless.
任性冲动
I can't believe that happened.
我不敢相信这真的发生了
Say something.
说点什么吧
I've had men paying attention to me since before it was appropriate.
我尚未长大,就总能吸引男人到注意力
They don't care what I say.
他们不在乎我说什么
They just watch my lips move.
只是看着我嘴唇在动
I'm listening to every word you say.
我会把你说的每一个字印在脑海
Your irises are so blue and round.
你的眼睛是蓝色的,好圆
Have you seen those pictures of the earth from space?
你看过那些外太空俯瞰地球的照片吗
I have.
看过
I'll take that as a compliment.
就当你在赞美我吧
It didn't bother you to see the earth tiny and unprotected,
你不会心伤吗,地球那么渺小,毫无防备
surrounded by darkness?
笼罩在黑暗中
So you don't like my eyes?
所以你不喜欢我的眼睛咯
This can never happen again.
不会有下次了
What?
什么
No, of course. I
不,当然,我
No, I mean it.
不,我是认真的
Okay. You should get home.
好吧,你该回家了,
I don't want to leave you here.
我不想把你一个人留在这儿
Why not? I'm fine now.
为什么不,我现在挺好的
I'm going to have a snack and go to bed.
我去吃点东西就睡觉了
I don't want to leave you.
我不想离开你
Thank you for the ride home.
谢谢你送我回来
Where were you?
你去哪儿了
Peggy said I called you and you were going to meet me?
佩奇说是我打电话给你,然后你去见我了
Oh, I went out for a drink with Joey and Troy.
我和乔伊还有特罗伊出去喝了一杯
Had to lie to Peggy to get out of there.
对佩奇撒了个谎才得以脱身
I've done that.
我也这么干过
I'm hungry. I'm going to get some crackers or something.
我饿了,打算吃点饼干什么的
You want anything? No.
你想吃点什么吗,不用了,
Good morning. Morning.
早上好,早,
I'm sorry. I had no idea he was gonna call.
对不起,我不知道他会打电话给你
It's not what you think.
不是你想的那样
Don't put me in that position again.
下次别让我难做人了
I cannot lie to him.
我没法对他撒谎
I lost a night's work. I couldn't sleep
我一整晚没心思工作,又失眠
Would you stop?
你能住嘴吗
A friend of mine knows somebody doing an offoffbroadway show.
我有个朋友认识人在做小剧场
I read on the weekend,
我周末去试读了剧本
and then I got a callback last night,
昨天接到通知让我再去一趟
and I didn't want to miss it.
我不想错过这次机会
But I didn't get it, so that's it; it's done.
但是没选上,就这样,不会有下次了
Why can't you tell Don?
你为什么不告诉唐
Tell Don I still want to be an actress?
告诉他我还想当演员吗
Do you?
你想吗
I know copywriting's hard,
我知道文案不好做
but you're doing great.
但是你做得很好啊
You shouldn't give up.
你不该半途而废
I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't think you had talent.
要不是觉得你有天赋,我才不会劝你
The other day they asked me
前几天他们让我
to take Stan's originals down to the printer,
把斯坦的原件拿下去复印
and I thought all I have to do is throw these in the trash
我当时就想,只要把这些原件丢进垃圾桶
and they'll fire me,
他们就能开除我了
or at least they'd yell at me,
或者最起码劈头盖脸骂我一顿
and I could cry enough and quit.
我就能大哭一场把工作辞了
But then I realized they'll they'll never fire me.
可我后来意识到,他们永远都不会解雇我
You want to quit?
你想辞职吗
I don't know. What do I do?
我不知道,我该怎么办
You know there are people killing to get this job.
你要知道多少人为这份工作争得头破血流吗
You're taking up a spot and you don't even wanna do it?
你在这儿拥有一席之地,却想辞职不干
I'm sorry I told you.
抱歉,不该告诉你
You didn't. I caught you.
你没有告诉我,是我发现的
And then you act like you want advice,
你搞得好像是要征求我意见
but you've obviously already made up your mind.
但其实你早已下定决心了
Because he's so easy to talk to?
可我根本不可能将他说通
Well, you can't keep lying to him.
那你也不能一直瞒着他
It's so simple when it's someone else's life, isn't it?
别人的问题就不是问题了,是吗
You're right. I don't care what you do.
你说的对,你怎么做与我无关
Phil Beachum is not just the boss,
菲尔o比彻姆不止是老板
he's the head of desserts.
他还是甜品大王
Head of desserts? Please tell me he's 300 pounds.
甜品大王,别告诉我他体重300磅
He's big, just not as big as you'd like.
他是很魁梧,只是没你想的那么庞大
Anyway, Pat Wallace loved the way you and Megan
总之,帕特o华莱士喜欢你和梅根那样
You know, your banter.
就是,你们的打情骂俏
Dawn, where's Megan?
唐恩,梅根在哪儿
She's not coming.
她不会来了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I was just saying how Pat Wallace
我刚说到帕特o华莱士有多
loved the Mr. And Mrs. Draper bit.
喜欢你们德雷柏夫妇的恩爱秀
And you're gonna go to the test kitchen,
你要到试验厨房
taste a couple of different formulations of Cool Whip,
品尝不同配方制作的清凉维普(清凉维普为卡夫食品旗下的一种人工生奶油)
and maybe put on a little show to his boss,
然后在其老板面前表演一下那段
You know, as a courtesy.
你知道的,出于礼貌
So, Don, if you could bring everybody up to speed.
那么,唐,麻烦你跟大家说明下情况
Well, I don't know what anybody knows about Cool Whip.
我不知道你们对清凉维普有多少了解
I read a 30page dossier
我通读了30页的介绍
that fails to use the words "fake whipped cream."
里面竟然对"仿制生奶油"只字未提
Because it's a nondairy whipped topping
因为那是一款非乳制蛋奶甜品
that comes frozen and then melts into this miracle.
冰冻融化后会有奇迹般的味道
Just do the bit.
演演你们那段吧
Okay.
好吧
Honey, I don't even think I want dessert.
亲爱的,我一点都不想吃甜点
You love dessert. You love dessert.
你爱吃甜点的啊,是你爱吃,
And you just want me to have some so you can have some.
你让我吃甜点是为了自己能吃到
I made two.
我做了双人份
What is it? It's Cool Whip.
这是什么,清凉维普,
It looks like whipped cream. Just taste it.
看起来像生奶油,来尝尝吧,
Is it a topping?
是奶油装饰吗
Well, you can have it on ice cream like this,
你可以像这样放在冰淇淋上
on fruit or cake, or just by itself.
配水果或蛋糕也可以,单独吃也行
Just taste it. So it's a dessert?
来尝尝吧,所以是甜品吗,
Just taste it. Is it sweet?
来尝尝吧,甜吗,
Just taste it.
你就尝尝吧
That's it. That's the line "Just taste it."
就这样,广告词就是"来尝尝吧"
People are gonna be yelling it at the TV set.
观众会这样对着电视大喊
It's adorable, right? It's a nice twist
可爱吧,构思挺精巧,
on the stupid husband and pushy wife
傻丈夫和固执妻子
because they actually like each other.
心底深爱着对方
Are you going to be in the ads?
你们要亲自出演吗
No. I tried. They're not interested.
不,我问过了,他们不愿意
Cool whip's not interested or Don and Megan aren't intested?
清凉维普的人不愿意,还是他们夫妻不愿意
We're not interested.
我们不愿意
Don't you like it?
你不喜欢吗
No, I do.
不,很喜欢
Just absorbing it.
就是要点时间消化一下
Hello?
喂,
Beth?
贝丝
It's Peter.
我是皮特
I know who it is.
我知道
I want you to get on a train and meet me in the city.
我要你现在跳上火车来城里见我
Anywhere. No.
哪里都行,不,
Just a minute.
稍等
What do you want?
什么事
Nothing. You came over to me.
没事,不是你走过来的吗
You opened the door.
是你开门我才过来
Are you still there?
还在吗
Was your secretary on the line?
你秘书也在线上吗
No. I'm at a pay phone.
没有,我用的公用电话
You're taking away all my fears.
那我可真放心了
I mean, suddenly I don't think about the fact
听你这么一说我都忘了
that you ride with my husband on the train twice a day
你每天要和我老公一起坐两趟车
and that you live 20 minutes away
而且你家离我家只有20分钟
and I'd see your wife at the market, if I ever went.
我去超市的时候甚至能碰到你老婆
I know, I know.
我知道,我知道
Are you sorry I called?
你不想我给你打电话吗
Just... Stop.
反正...别打了
Enjoy the memory. Leave it alone.
把美好的都留在回忆里吧
I mean, fantasize about it. I will, too.
偶尔幻想一下就好,我也会的
But... don't call me again.
但是,不要再给我打电话了
Don.
唐,
Don.
唐,
What's the matter?
怎么了
I have to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
What's wrong?
出什么事了
I, uhI lied to you last night.
我昨晚说谎了
Okay.
好吧
I told you that I went for a drink, but I didn't.
我说和朋友去喝酒,其实不是
I had a callback for a play.
我去参加一部剧的面试了
Okay. So?
然后呢
I feel really bad about lying to you.
对你说谎,我感觉很歉疚
And now you're telling me.
现在你告诉我实话了
You do that a lot?
你经常这样吗
Audition?
面试吗
No, lie to me. No.
不是,对我说谎,没有,
Did you get it? What?
选上了吗,什么,
No. No, I didn't.
没,没有
But it was incredible, Don.
但是感觉很美妙,唐
I think I was pretty close.
我觉得差一点就成功了
My heart was racing.
我当时很紧张
I mean, I'm rusty.
我已经生疏了
I need to go back to class,
得重新回去学习
but I realized something.
但我意识到一件事
What?
什么
I miss acting.
我怀念表演
I think I gave up too easy
我觉得我之前太轻易就放弃了
and I don't even know how I stopped.
我都不知道怎么的就放弃了
I never made a decision, that's for sure.
我从来没有明确地做出决定
We can't be in the Cool Whip ad.
我们不能去演清凉维普的广告
It's bad for business.
那对生意影响不好
No. I just keep thinking
不,我只是在想
I could be on Broadway
我或许可以去百老汇表演
or off Broadway
或者中型剧场
orI don't know films, even.
甚至去拍电影,我也不知道
Sweetheart...
亲爱的
Sometimes we don't get to choose where our talents lie.
我们没办法决定自己的天赋所在
I mean, what you did with Heinz
你在亨氏广告上展现的才华
it took me years to be able to think that way.
我花了很多年才能达到
Well, I can't explain it,
我没办法解释
but I felt better failing in that audition
尽管我面试失败,却依然很开心
than I did when I was succeeding at Heinz.
喜悦之情远胜过拿下亨氏的广告
Because that was about making the client happy.
那是因为做广告是为了让客户开心
Wait till you walk down the street
等你走在街上
and see the work on a wall or on TV,
看到你的广告挂在墙上,在电视里播出时
that's when you feel something.
你才会有成功的感觉
Do you know that I can't even stand going to the theater anymore
你知道我现在无法忍受去剧院看戏
because all I feel is envy?
因为我只能感受到深深的嫉妒吗
And I know the next thing is bitterness,
嫉妒过后就是凄苦
and I don't want to feel that.
我不想这样
Okay. So what do you want to do?
好吧,那你想做什么
I mean, there's no guarantee.
我不一定能当上演员
And I'm so grateful.
我很感激
This gave me so much confidence.
广告给了我很大的自信
But I never tried as hard at acting as I did at advertising.
但我在表演方面,远没有做广告投入得多
And it'll never be for me what it is for you.
广告之于我,永远不会像它之于你一样
Look, I know it's uncomfortable for you with me there.
听着,我知道你和我一起工作会觉得不自在
There's a shadow over everything.
一切都在我的阴影之下
I put you in a terrible position.
我让你处在一个很尴尬的位置
There are 20 firms that would be glad to have you.
但还有很多公司会为你敞开大门
I don't want to do it, Don.
我不想做这行,唐
You don't want to do it?
你不想吗
I'm sorry.
对不起
Since I was a little girl, it's all I ever dreamed about.
我从小就梦想着有一天能站上舞台
I understand.
我明白
I don't want to keep you from your dream.
我不会成为你追寻梦想的绊脚石
You're so good to me.
你对我太好了
So what do you want to do?
那么你想怎么做
I mean, you woke me up in the middle of the night.
我是觉得,你半夜把我叫醒
It's obviously some sort of emergency.
一定是有什么急事吧
Well, I can finish up my work
其实,我可以把手上的工作都完成
and then help train the new person.
然后把新人带起来
You want to train somebody? No.
你想带别人,不用了
We'll go in tomorrow
我们明天去公司
and you'll say goodbye to everybody
你跟大家道个别
and we'll get you on your way.
然后就可以追求自己的路了
Really?
真的吗
It's what you want.
如此正合你意吧
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么好了
I love you.
我爱你
I love you, too.
我也爱你
Morning. Morning.
早上好,早上好,
Megan's quitting.
梅根要辞职了
Yes. So I think today's going to be her last day.
对,今天是她最后一次上班了
Okay.
好,
How do you do this?
通常你会怎么处理
Do you want to have a seat?
你想坐一下吗
It's not like that, Joan.
琼,不是这样的
She's up for a part in a play, and even if she doesn't get it,
她打算去试镜一个角色,如果没选上
she's decided to go back to acting full time.
她也决定做专职演员
Well, I'm sure she'll be wonderful.
她一定会做得很好的
Do we make an announcement? Do we have a party?
我们要发文吗,组织聚会吗
What's the protocol?
一般是怎么做的
Why don't we have the girls take her to lunch?
不如让她和其他女孩一起吃顿午餐吧
I mean, she's not disappearing, is she?
反正,她又不会从此销声匿迹了,对吧
No, she's not.
不,不会的
Don, I'll take care of it.
唐,我会安排好的
There you are.
你来了
Yep, been here for a while.
对,我来了有一会儿了
Well, I wanted to tell everyone, actually.
其实,我想等大家都到齐了
Megan, are you okay?
梅根,你没事吧
I'm not going to be working here anymore
我马上就要离开这里了
And it's really hard to tell everybody.
告诉大家这个决定真的很艰难
Hey! Megan's talking to you.
喂,梅根在跟你们说话呢
Go ahead.
说吧
I'm so sorry.
真的很抱歉
I'm not going to work here anymore.
我要离开这里了
Did he fire you? That son of a bitch!
他把你炒了吗,那个混蛋
No.
不是
No, I'm going back to try acting again.
不是的,我只是想重回演艺事业
Are you kidding me? Stan.
你开玩笑吗,斯坦,
No, I'd better get used to it. Oh, I was...
不用,我该慢慢习惯质疑,我只是,
Gonna miss you. Me, too.
我会想你的,我也是,
Acting is fascinating. It's probably easier for girls.
表演实在太棒了,女孩子可能会容易不少
But let me ask you, do they always give you clothes
但是我想问问,演出服装是发的吗
or do you have to do it in your own clothes?
还是说你要自己解决服装
II don't know. Yes, they give you a costume.
我,也不知道,应该会发戏服吧
Shoes, too? Yes.
鞋子也有吗,有的,
Break a leg.
祝你演出成功
See you around.
再见了
I think I'm in the middle of a lot of things,
我知道我手上还有挺多活没做完
but Don told me that I was just supposed to hand it over.
但是唐让我直接交接
Are you sure about this?
你考虑清楚了吗
Peggy...
佩奇
I've always appreciated what you've done for me,
我一直很感激你为我所做的一切
Not just yesterday.
不仅仅是昨天的事
I should see Joan.
我该去见琼了
That takes a lot of guts.
那需要很大的勇气啊
I'll tell you what takes guts
还有比这更需要勇气的呢
never having money for lunch.
吃午饭从来不带钱
She owes me, like, $15 at this point.
到现在,她欠了我将近15美元了
What am I gonna do, ask Don? Call her?
我能怎么办,问唐要,还是打电话给她
I think it's clear why she left.
她离职原因很明显
That's not why.
才不是这个原因
Well, why?
那你说为什么
Come on, reality got her.
得了吧,她被现实打击了
You work your ass off for months,
工作累得要死要活的
bite your nails, for what?
诚惶诚恐,为了什么
Heinz baked beans.
亨氏烘豆
Why are you so late?
怎么来这么晚
I missed the early train.
没赶上早班车
Megan's gone. She quit. She's gonna be an actress.
梅根要走了,她辞职了,去当演员了
Joan just told me, like, five minutes ago.
琼刚刚跟我说的
Is that so?
是吗
It doesn't shock you?
你不吃惊吗
No, not really.
不,没有
What about Don?
那唐呢
Please. They do whatever they want, even to Draper.
算了,她们一直爱怎样就怎样,对德雷柏也是
Well, the good news is
好处是
we don't have to look over our shoulders anymore,
我们再也不用担心
wondering what she's gonna tell him.
她会给唐吹什么枕边风
They work it over in their minds,
她们自己琢磨好
turn it off and on when they feel like it,
想干什么就干什么
and we're just there, waiting at attention.
我们就得待在这里,等着被垂青
It's not the way it's supposed to be.
本来不应该是这样的
Trudy pregnant again?
特鲁迪又怀孕了吗
Have you seen those pictures of earth from space?
你看过那些从外太空拍摄地球的照片吗
Of course.
当然
Do they make you feel small and insignificant?
你有感到自己很渺小吗
No, Jennifer does that.
不,詹妮弗这么觉得
And I'm not small, Pete.
而且皮特,我可不"小"
Don't know if you've ever heard that about me.
你难道没有耳闻我的"巨根"故事吗
Save it for your convention whores.
俏皮话留着跟你的卖淫女说吧
Hey, keep it down.
小点声儿
I'm asking you a serious question.
我是很严肃地问你的
I like the pictures of the earth.
我很喜欢那些地球的照片
I find them to be majestic.
十分的宏伟
Why do they give you a glimmer of hope
她们为什么在拒绝之中
in the midst of rejection?
又给你那么一丝丝希望
A little thread to hang on to
给你一点救命稻草
A misplaced word, a suggestion of the future.
一个不恰当的词,一个对未来的暗示
under a court of law, it would look like an accident,
严格说来,完全就和一场意外一样
but it's not.
事实却并非如此
So we're not talking about Megan
我们不是在说梅根吧
and we're not talking about Trudy.
也不是在说特鲁迪
Why do they get to decide what's going to happen?
她们凭什么决定一切
They just do.
现实如此
So enjoy your lunch.
好好享受你的聚餐
I'll see you after. I have to get my box.
一会儿见,我还要回来拿箱子
Do you really wanna come back here and do this again?
你确定还要回来再经历一次离别吗
I'll bring it home.
我帮你带回家吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'll see you at home.
回家见
You will.
回家见
Hey, chief, good news.
老大,好消息
Rick from Chevalier found a song they like
白骑士的瑞克找了一首歌
for the "Hard Day's Night" spot.
来代替《一夜狂欢》
Bet it's his boyfriend's favorite.
肯定是他"男朋友"的最爱
Help yourself.
自己放吧
I think it works pretty well.
我觉得挺好
Not that it matters when they send it over, right?
反正是他们选好送来的,对吧
Are you kidding me?
开什么玩笑
Why am I listening to this?
为什么选这歌
You know we can't get the Beatles.
我们不能选披头士的歌
It's not the Beatles.
这不是披头士
This song's, like, 30 years old.
这歌听起来像30年前的老歌
But it's happy and it's fun.
但是很欢乐
And Don thought it was the Beatles.
而且唐还当成披头士了
And they like it. Turn it off.
客户也喜欢,关掉,
It's stabbing me in the fucking heart.
这歌就像在扎我的心一样
Why are you cursing?
你那么激动干嘛
Can you excuse us? Sure.
我们能单独待会儿吗,当然,
We're due at the test kitchen tomorrow.
我们明天要去试验厨房
And they're expecting, uh...
他们希望你和...
what do you want to do? We can just cancel it.
你打算怎么做,我们可以直接取消
We're not canceling. Tell them Megan's sick. Peggy will do it.
不取消,就说梅根病了,让佩奇做
Sure. I'll let her know.
好的,我去告诉她
I wasn't expecting to see you.
我没想到会见到你
Yeah, well, tonight I go home,
是啊,今晚我回家
have dinner with the wife, everything's in balance.
跟妻子吃顿饭,平衡一下两边
You know, Howard, I talked to my office
霍华德,我跟公司谈了谈
and it turns out you were right about my policy,
结果发现保单跟你说的一样
so I let them set me up with a broker.
所以我让他们给我找个代理人
Oh, well, why'd you do that?
你为什么那么做
You didn't even give me a chance.
你也不给我个机会
I'm telling you, aren't I?
我这不正跟你说呢
I got all the paperwork at my house.
文件都在我家里
I can go home, have supper, and stop by later.
我回趟家,吃顿饭,稍后去你家
Well, our baby's been sick.
我家孩子病了
You know, I could just stop by right now.
其实,我现在就可以去你家
Beth's a great cook. Is she?
贝丝做饭很好吃,是吗,
We missed you at Megan's lunch.
梅根的午餐聚会上没看到你
I guess you have some extra work.
我猜你工作缠身
No. I told her I'd rather go to my own lunch with her.
不,我跟她说希望能单独和她告别
I'm not gonna lieI did not see it coming.
说真的,我真没想到会这样
I thought she would fail here.
我本以为她在这里会失败
I feel bad.
我感觉很糟
I think maybe I was harder on her,
我觉得也许我太严厉
scared her away.
吓走了她
Second wives it's like they have a playbook.
第二任妻子,她们都像有个剧本似的
I don't think she's like that.
我觉得她倒不是那样
Peggy,
佩奇
she's going to be a failing actress with a rich husband.
她会成为一个有着富有丈夫的失败演员
No, I think she's good at everything.
不,我觉得她什么都在行
I think she's just one of those girls.
我觉得她是那种完美的女孩
Then you had every right to be hard on her.
那你更该对她严厉点
Did you know that he met Betty Draper doing a print ad?
你知道唐是在做印刷广告时认识的贝蒂o德雷柏吗
Did you know she was a model?
你知道她以前是个模特吗
That's the kind of girl Don marries.
唐爱娶的就是那种女孩
Good night.
晚安
Beth? Honey?
贝丝,亲爱的
I don't know where the hell my kids are.
我不知道我家孩子去哪儿了
Hello.
你好
You have a lovely home.
你家真漂亮
This is my friend Pete from the train.
来见过我在火车上认识的朋友皮特
He has, believe it or not, an insurance emergency.
信不信由你,他有点保险要务要处理
I really don't want to be an intrusion. It's fine.
我真的不想打扰,没事的,
We've always got room for one more.
我们一直很好客
Where are the kids?
孩子们去哪儿了
At my mother's.
在我妈家
Now, don't tell me you're... 32.
现在,让我猜猜,你...32岁
I'll be at the Hotel Pennsylvania at 12:30.
我12点30分会在宾夕法尼亚宾馆
No.
不,
I don't want that.
我不想那样
Then throw it out.
那就把纸条扔了
Your old man died young, but in a plane crash, right?
你父亲在空难中英年早逝,对吗
That's right.
是的
Howard, may I speak with you?
霍华德,能和你说句话吗
Where are you going?
你要去哪儿
She's got a migraine.
她有点偏头痛
It's baked chicken.
我们做了烤鸡
I can set a table.
我也能摆餐具
I don't know.
我不知道
You've got me in a little trouble here.
你今天给我添了个小"麻烦"
Don't run away.
别跑哦
Okay.
好吧
You shouldn't cook in bare feet.
你不应该光脚做饭
Hello.
见到你真好
Don't get used to this because there is going to be
别太习惯这样,以后我可能会经常
a lot of crying from rejection.
因为被拒绝而在你身上痛哭的
No, I'll try and hold it together.
好,我会努力保持镇定
Beef Bourguignon. Taste.
红酒炖牛肉,尝尝
It's hot as hell.
烫死了
I thought for sure you'd come home drunk.
我还以为你会醉醺醺的回家
Megan...
梅根
It's okay.
没事的
Do you wanna fix yourself a drink?
你想喝一杯吗
Don...
唐,
I love you.
我爱你
You're everything I had hoped you'd be.
你是我所期待的一切
You, too.
你也是
They're arranged in varying degrees of sweetness,
它们根据甜蜜程度排列
the sweetest at the end.
最甜的在最末端
It's like cheese.
就像奶酪
You have to try the camembert before the gorgonzola.
试戈尔根朱勒干酪之前得先试卡门培尔干酪
And we have to use clear bowls.
我们用了透明碗
because everybody used to pick the blue one.
因为人们总是习惯挑蓝色那个
Go ahead, start and we'll take notes.
来试试吧,我们会记录下来
We'll start with your thoughts, Ken.
先来说说你的看法,肯
Well, I can't imagine it tasting any better than that.
人间哪得几回尝
Welcome to the creative cookery kitchen.
欢迎来到创造厨房
You know, I always like to say you're in for a treat,
我一直跟人说,你们要受到款待了
but today it sounds like we are.
不过今天恰好是反过来
How's it going? Did I miss anything?
怎样,我错过什么了吗
They just sampled "A." And?
他们刚尝了样品A 结果呢,
It's not whipped cream, but it's delicious on its own.
这不是生奶油,但单独吃就很美味
Now you answer your wife, right?
现在你和你夫人要演一段,对吧
What?
什么
Listen, Phil, Don's wife is sick.
菲尔,唐的妻子身体不适
This is peggy. She's the copywriter.
这位是佩奇,她是文案
Aw, really? It'll be just as good.
是吗,效果是一样的,
Go ahead.
开始吧
Honey. Yes, dear?
亲爱的,怎么了,亲爱的,
I was just going to say
我刚才是想说
I don't even think I want dessert.
我今天不想吃餐后甜点
Well, I made two.
我做了双人份
Don't do that.
别拿过去
Don't you wanna know what it is?
不想知道我做了什么吗
It's Cool Whip. That's right, it's Cool Whip.
是清凉维普,没错,
Just try it.
来试试吧
Honey, is that really what you want?
亲爱的,真的想让我试下吗
Yes, I want you to try it.
没错,试下吧
Don't you want me to taste it?
不想让我尝尝吗
Yes, just taste it.
对,来尝尝吧
Why? Is it a topping?
为什么,这是装饰奶油吗
Yes, and you can put it on ice cream
没错,你还可以放在冰激凌
And cake and and fruit.
蛋糕,或者水果上,一起吃
So it's a dessert, then?
所以说这是甜点吗
Just try it already.
来试试吧
Just taste it.
来尝尝吧
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢,谢谢,
Thank you. A pleasure.
谢谢你,我的荣幸,
We'll talk soon.
我们再聊
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
I am so thirsty.
我嘴巴好干
Look, I think you did great.
我觉得你们演得好极了
It wasn't what it was about anyway.
本来这就不是重点
They know we're going to cast it.
他们知道我们会找专业演员
You think the actress can remember to say, "Just taste it"?
你觉得女演员会记得要说"来尝尝吧"吗
You didn't want to rehearse.
是你自己不想排练
You ran it through one time halfassed.
最后又只是草草过了一遍
Look, I've done it a bunch. I knew my lines.
我演过很多遍了,知道自己的台词
Do you think Megan would come back and do it in the office?
你觉得梅根会回来去办公室演一遍吗
Megan is not the problem. You didn't want her there!
不是因为梅根,是你不想她留在那,
You were threatened by everything about her.
是你觉得她的一切都威胁着你
I spent more time training her than you did
我比你花更多时间训练她
and eight months defending her.
整整八个月为她说话
Defending her? She was great at it!
为她说话? 她做得好极了
She thinks advertising is stupid.
她觉得广告业很愚蠢
No, she thinks the people she worked with
不,她是觉得自己同事
are cynical and petty.
对她冷嘲热讽又小气
Listen I did everything right,
听着,我从没做错什么,
and I am still getting it from you.
现在还要挨你骂
You know what? You are not mad at me, so shut up!
其实你根本不是在生我的气,所以闭嘴吧
I'm sorry, you can't smoke in here.
抱歉,此处禁烟
For god's sake, are you avoiding me? Yes.
拜托,你是在躲着我吗,没错,
What happened?
怎么了
She's following her dream.
她在追寻自己的梦
That's admirable.
非常令人钦佩
I gotta say, I can see her as an actress.
我必须说,我一直觉得她像演员
not that she's insincere, but, you know.
不是说她虚伪,只是...
She's very sincere.
她一向真诚
I sure as hell didn't get to choose what I wanted to do.
我一向无法选择自己的梦想
My father told me.
都是我爸告诉我的
I was raised in the '30s.
我成长于30年代
My dream was indoor plumbing.
我的梦想就是就当水管工
You know what? She wants to have a baby.
知道吗,她真正想要的是个孩子
This is just the beginning of her process.
这只是她追寻过程的开始
I don't know. I suggested that path on our honeymoon.
我不知道,蜜月的时候我就提议过
She said my kids were enough.
她说我的孩子够多了
Jane wanted a baby,
简之前就想要个孩子
But I thought, "Why do that to somebody?"
但我觉得,何必为难那孩子
Why shouldn't she do what she wants?
为何她不能追寻自己的梦想
I don't want her to end up like Betty.
我不想她走贝蒂的老路
Or her mother.
或她妈妈的老路
You gotta go home,
你该回家了
let her know that there's a routine.
让她知道,双方规律性的日常生活
It'll keep you both out of trouble.
可以帮助你们避免问题
Mona's dad told me that.
莫娜的父亲教我的
I was afraid I was going to leave for class and miss you.
我恐怕得去上课了,想你哦
You said you didn't know what was going on.
你说过你跟不上潮流
I bought you the latest Beatles album.
我给你买了披头士的最新专辑
Start with this one.
先从这张开始听
Have fun.
上课愉快

重点单词   查看全部解释    
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
dramatic [drə'mætik]

想一想再看

adj. 戏剧性的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
insincere [.insin'siə]

想一想再看

adj. 不真诚的

 
adolescent [.ædə'lesnt]

想一想再看

adj. 青春期的,青少年的
n. 青少年

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
grateful ['greitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 感激的,感谢的

联想记忆
leather ['leðə]

想一想再看

n. 皮革,皮制品
adj. 皮革制的

 
thirsty ['θə:sti]

想一想再看

adj. 口渴的,渴望的

 
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
majestic [mə'dʒestik]

想一想再看

adj. 宏伟的,高贵的,壮丽的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。