All he had was an idea. Well, that is an important part.
他不就出了个点子吗。点子也是很重要的啊。
Oh, please! I have ideas all day long. Reverse SeaWorld where dolphins are allowed to pet people.
拜托!我脑子里天天都有新点子。反转海洋公园 。
A new clothing size between medium and large called Marge.
添加一个新尺寸,在中号和大号间加入中大号。
Snow White retold from the point of view of Sneezy. Why won't Doc prescribe him something? We finally find out.
从小矮人中喷嚏精的角度重述《白雪公主》。为什么万事通从不给他开药治喷嚏呢?
But Leonard's idea was good.
我们总算可以知道了。
Fine. Then Grumpy-- what's he so grumpy about? Maybe his girlfriend won't take his side.
可莱纳德的点子真的不错啊。那就从爱生气的角度吧,他到底气什么呢?也许是气他女朋友胳膊肘往外拐吧。
I'm the one who thought of it! Well, didn't he do a lot of the work?
我才是提出点子的那个人!可是很多部分不也都是他完成的吗?
But now he's happy to let people think he's responsible for everything.
但他现在沉醉于让别人以为一切都是他的功劳。
And that's why you get an iPad helicopter!
所以你才能得到平板遥控直升机嘛!
Is it my fault I have a much bigger reputation than he does? It's not your fault.
名气比他大难道是我的错吗?不是你的错。
Is it my fault that my name came first on the paper alphabetically? Not your fault.
论文上我的名字按字母顺序排在他前面这也是我的错吗?不是你的错。
Is it my fault that when the reporter cited me as the lead scientist I didn't correct him?
记者把我记为主导科学家我没有纠正他,这也是我的错吗?
Hey, look at that pretty bird.
快看那只漂亮的小鸟。
He always needs all the attention. He's such a baby. I know, I know.
他总是需要成为众人的焦点。跟个孩子一样。我知道,我知道。
I swear, he is never ever playing with my helicopter.
我发誓,我的直升机永远不让他玩。
Okay, I'll start heating some of this stuff up. Thanks.
我要开始加热这些东西了。谢了。
Oh, man. This is the boutonniere from my high school prom. A piece of cake from my Bar Mitzvah.
天啊。这是我高中毕业舞会戴的襟花,还有我犹太成年礼上剩的一块蛋糕。
Did she throw anything away? No. If I find my foreskin, I'm gonna kill myself.
她真是什么都舍不得扔啊?是啊。要是我的包皮也在里面,我立马自尽。
Okay, so we've got, um, three briskets, four meatloafs, one lasagna...No, that's noodle kugel.
我们现在找到了3块鸡胸肉 、4坨烘肉卷、 1份千层面...不,那是烤面条。
One Jewish lasagna, two pound cakes that are about eight pounds each, and one giant container of matzah ball soup.
1份犹太千层面、2份各重达8磅的磅蛋糕,还有一大盒的面丸子汤。
Ma always kept it on hand, in case I got sick. She thought she could cure anything with her cooking.
妈妈总是备好丸子汤,以防我生病了。她觉得她的菜包治百病,甚至连食物中毒也能治。
Even the time I got food poisoning. From her cooking.
其实那次就是她的菜害我中毒。
You okay? Yeah, I'm okay. Let's get started. You got it.
你还好吗?我没事。我们开始吧。好的。
I'm never gonna talk to her again.
我以后再也没机会和她说话了。
Should we tell everyone not to come? No. I want to do this.
要不我让大家今天别来了?不,我想要办这次聚餐。
Okay. Well, I'll keep it together if you can. Okay. I'm not making any promises!
好吧,我们都要坚强点。好的。人家可不保证哦!
Glad you guys could make it. Of course. Wow, it looks really pretty in here.
你们能来真是太好了。一定得来呀。这里看起来好漂亮啊。
Yeah, turns out half a dozen menorahs really sets a mood.
是的,半打犹太烛台还挺能烘托气氛的。
So, Stuart, have you thought about what you'd do if Howard sells the house? And there goes the mood.
斯图尔特,如果霍华德卖掉了这房子,你要怎么办呢?气氛立马灰飞烟灭。
Hi. Hello. Oh, and a special hello to Leonard, who needs to be mentioned by name. Subtle.
嘿,大家好。还要特别向莱纳德问声好,因为他特别需要被提到名字。你真机智。
But you got it, right? Hey, guys. Hey. Hi.
但你懂我意思,对吧?各位好。好啊。好啊。
I just want everyone to know, uh, tonight's not a sad occasion.
我只想让你们知道,今晚不是一个悲伤的场合。
Yeah, we just want to have the kind of dinner that we've all had here so many times before.
我们只是想重温一次大家都在这吃过无数回的晚餐。
Good food, good friends, and sometime around midnight, heartburn that makes you pray for death.
一桌好菜 、一群好友、 以及半夜时令你抓心挠肺的胃灼热感。
Do you need any help in the kitchen?
需要去厨房帮你吗?
No, we got it. You guys make yourselves comfortable.
不用,有我们就够了,你们自己随意就好。
All right, hey, you two, we're here for Howard right now, okay?
你们俩记住,今晚的主角是霍华德,好吗?
Yes, so please behave yourselves. Fine. Of course.
对啊,表现乖一点。好吧。没问题。
So I heard you two, uh, wrote a paper together. How's that going?
我听说你俩一起写了一篇论文啊。结果怎么样?
This food is amazing. Mm, and not a vegetable in sight.
这些菜太好吃了。而且一点蔬菜也没有。
That's not true. We've got tomatoes right here.
错了,这里有好多"番茄"呢。
All these bright people sitting around a table by candlelight. Feels like we could be an 18th century French salon.
一群聪明人围着烛光坐成一圈,感觉仿佛回到了18世纪的法国沙龙。
Indeed. Penny, a salon is a gathering where intellectuals entertained each other with sparkling conversations about issues of the day.
没错。佩妮,沙龙是指知识分子们围在一起讨论时下最新的事件。
Oh, so it's like The View. Sheldon, The View is a daytime talk show hosted by women.
所以就跟《访谈》节目一样嘛。谢尔顿,《访谈》是一档女性主持的日间节目。
Oh, I'm aware. It features Whoopi Goldberg. She played Guinan on Star Trek: Next Gen. Penny, Next Gen refers to Star Trek...Shut up.
我知道。里面有琥碧·戈博,她在《星际迷航·下一代》中扮演了吉南。佩妮,《下一代》是指星际迷航的... 闭嘴。
I would like to propose a salon topic. Ooh, please do, Rajesh.
我愿意提一个沙龙话题。愿听其详,拉杰什。
The lead in The Hunger Games is a woman. Marvel has made "Tor" a female.
《饥饿游戏》的主角是女人,漫威也将"托尔"改成了女性。
Wait, who's Tor? You know, Tor, the God of "Tunder."
等等,谁是托尔?你懂的吧,托尔,"雷神"啊。
As I was saying, is this a sign that our society is approaching gender equality?
综上所述,这是标志着我们的社会逐步走向性别平等吗?
Certainly a lot more women are reading comic books now.
现在很多女性也爱看漫画了。
It's true. At the store, I had to put a seat on the toilet.
这是真的。我还得为店里厕所装上个马桶坐垫。
We won't know if there's equality until female Thor has a baby and the Avengers are cool with her pumping breast milk at work.
在女索尔生孩子后,而其他复仇者们不介意她在工作场所挤母乳之前,性别平等还很难说。
I wonder if only a baby who is worthy can suckle at the bosom of Thor.
我在想什么样的孩子才有资格能吸雷神的奶子。
Okay, new salon topic. Salons-- dumb thing from a long time ago or interesting thing made dumb by talking about superheroes? Discuss.
新沙龙话题:沙龙是从很久以前就这么蠢,还是本来挺好的,讨论起超级英雄才变蠢的?讨论开始。
I don't believe it matters what the topic is. What's crucial for a salon is that we conduct the discussion in an elevated and insightful way. It's all about the execution.
我觉得沙龙的话题并不重要。沙龙重要的是,我们可以将讨论变得有高度且有见解。重点在于如何执行。
Of course you'd focus on that rather than the inspiration. Uh, new salon topic. What's more important, an idea or its execution? Oh, that's fun.
你当然注重执行,而不是注重灵感。新沙龙话题:点子和执行力哪个更为重要?这个好。
Yeah, good for you, Leonard. That's a lovely little notion. Kind of like, "I wish I could talk to my uncle in Chicago." Yeah, now stand back while I invent the telephone.
说得不错,莱纳德。这个观点很有趣。就好比"我非常想跟我在芝加哥的舅舅通话。"行,先闪边,我发明电话去。
"Hello? Oh, hold on." Leonard, it's your uncle. He says you just got burned.
"您好,请稍等。"莱纳德,是你舅。他说你炸了。
Sheldon. You guys. No, it's okay. We're all adults trying to have an intelligent discussion. At least I am. Howard, what do you think?
谢尔顿。你们俩。没事。我们都是成人,正在进行知识上的探讨。至少我是这样。霍华德,你觉得呢?
Well, I guess, as an engineer, lean towards execution. I spend my days trying to take ideas and make them real.
我作为一名工程师,我的答案倾向于执行。我的工作就是将点子变成为真实的东西。
Well said, old chap. I thought eloquence had died; here it stands before us.
说的好,老兄。谁说世人再无雄辩,我们面前不就是吗。
Starting today, it'll go: Gettysburg Address, "I have a dream" and what you just said.
从今天开始,刚才你的那段话与葛底斯堡演说,还有《我有一个梦想》齐名。
Oh, now he's a genius? All you ever do is make fun of him and engineering.
现在他就是天才啦?你以前不是一直嘲笑他是工程师吗。
Leonard, please. His mother just died.
莱纳德,注意点。人家才刚刚丧母。
You're being ridiculous. Yeah, so are you.
你真是要笑死人。你也是。
Guys, if I wanted to hear people be bitchy, I'd go to my real salon.
伙计们,如果要听揭短吵架,我就去我的美发沙龙了。
Leonard, lots of people could've had that idea, but very few people could've worked out the math the way I did.
莱纳德,很多人都可以有过那点子,但只有少数人能像我一样去实现它。
Lots of people also didn't have that idea, like everyone in the entire world except for me.
还有很多人提不出这样的点子呢,比如除了我以外的全世界。
Oh, well, apparently Leonard thinks he's better than everyone in the whole world, including those fighting for our freedom.
看来莱纳德觉得自己比全世界所有人都强,包括为我们的自由而战的人们。
Yeah, well, I don't know about you, but I support our boys overseas.
我不知道你怎么想的,但我支持我国派驻海外的铁血男儿们。
And girls. Hey, you already ruined Thor; give it a rest.
还有巾帼英雄们。你已经把雷神毁了,歇会吧你。
So I'm just supposed to be okay with you hogging all the credit? !
所以我就活该忍受你把功劳霸占了?!
I didn't hog anything. Unlike you and that weird lasagna with raisins in it.
我什么都没霸占。不像你,霸占着那坨有葡萄干的奇怪千层面。
You want some of this? I'll give you some.
你想要吗?我赏你一顿饱啊。
Sheldon, Leonard, living room, right now!
谢尔顿,莱纳德,马上给我去客厅!
She said my name first; that must kill you.
她先叫的我,你嫉妒死了吧。
I don't know what you think you're doing, but this is a very difficult time for my husband!
我不知道你们俩是闹什么呢,但我老公现在可是很难过!
We're eating the last food his mother ever made, and you were gonna throw it at each other like children? !
我们吃的是他老妈最后做的食物,你们俩还想学熊孩子把饭拿起来乱扔吗?!
Whatever it is you're fighting about, put it aside, go back in there and be a good friend to Howard or there's no dessert for either of you!
不管你们俩吵什么,给我憋回去。滚回桌子,乖乖当好霍华德的朋友,不然甜点没你们的份!
Look at me when I'm talking to you! And don't think...
我在跟你们说话呢,看着我!别想...
You guys ever notice sometimes Bernadette sounds like my mom?
你们注意到,有时候博纳黛特和我妈说话有点像吗?
I don't hear it. No, not at all.
没听出来啊。哪有,完全没有。
I don't think I've eaten that much in my entire life.
我这辈子没吃过这么撑。
It's why my people wandered the desert for 40 years. Took that long to walk it off.
所以我们族人在沙漠里暴走了四十年,才能把肚子里的东西消化掉。
You see, Penny, the Israelites were in the desert...Shut up! So glad you two are done fighting.
佩妮,是这样的,以色列人在沙漠中...闭嘴。太高兴你俩不吵了。
Right now, I'm just trying to burp without throwing up.
现在,我只想怎么把嗝打出来才不会吐。
Hang on. Physics Today mentioned the paper.
等等。《今日物理》提到了我们的论文。
What'd they say? Who cares? Did they mention Leonard?
他们怎么说?谁在乎?他们提莱纳德了吗?
They did. Yay. Good news, I found more Tums. Yay!
提到了。太好了。好消息,我又找到抗胃酸片了。太好啦!