Adam Hunt was reluctant at first,
亚当·亨特一开始也不情愿
but was more cooperative upon being informed we knew about his embezzlement.
但他一听说我们知道他挪用公款的事,就配合多了。
Police communication system could use an upgrade.
警方的通信系统该升级一下了
I think Mr. Hunt can be persuaded to make an anonymous donation.
我认为可以劝亨特先生匿名捐个款。
Well, that will certainly cure what ails this city. What's that, Malcolm?
这样就能治愈星城的结症了。怎么了,马尔科姆
We're emptying the Atlantic with a tablespoon.
我们这是愚公移山
For years we've been forcing the city's worst to do what is best,
这些年来我们一直强迫这里的恶势力
leverage them to help us save the city. But it's... not working.
去做好事来拯救这城市。但这...并不奏效
Crime in the glades is rising. The cancer is spreading.
贫民区的犯罪率一直在上升。毒瘤在扩散。
We just need to... take some more time. Did Rebecca get more time?
我们只是需要更多的时间。丽贝卡当时有那么多时间吗?
Did the man who raped Frank's daughter give her any quarter?
强暴弗兰克女儿的家伙给过她一分钱吗
Everyone in this room has lost something or someone to the glades.
在座各位都因贫民区蒙受过损失
And we have committed ourselves to fixing it.
我们下过决心要整治
But what have we truly accomplished? Nothing.
可我们究竟做了些什么呢?什么都没有
Maybe it's because the glades can't be fixed.
或许这是因为贫民区根本无药可救了
You're saying we should abandon the project? Yes.
你是说我们该就此放弃这个计划吗?不错。
In favor of a new undertaking. Like Ben Tre in Vietnam.
另起一个新事业。就像越南的槟椥。
The village must be destroyed before it can be saved.
必须先毁灭,才能再拯救
Are you suggesting we somehow level the glades?
你的意思是,我们要一举铲平贫民区吗?
Down to the bedrock. Only then can we truly rebuild Starling City and make it safer for everyone.
连根拔除。只有到那时我们才真正可以重建一个人人安稳的星城。
That's 24 square blocks.
那可是24个街区
And if we did-- And I'm not saying we should-- if we did, wouldn't suspicion fall on us?
如果我们这么做了,我不是说应该,只是假设,难道不会有人怀疑我们?
Not if the destruction appears to be caused by a natural disaster.
只要这个摧毁行动看起来像是由自然灾害造成的,就不会有问题。
You've always had something of a god complex, Malcolm. It's part of your charm.
你总是有点上帝情结,马尔科姆。这也算是你的魅力。
But even you can't create a natural disaster.
但就是你也没法制造自然灾害
Have you ever heard of Unidac Industries? It's a small company.
你听说过尤尼达克工业吗?那是个小公司
They have an idea... An idea that will serve our purposes.
他们有个设想...这个设想正好迎合我们的需求
My sources tell me they're 5 years away from prototype.
据我所知,五年内他们就能做出原型模型
And any undertaking of value is worthy of patience. And restraint.
只要有事业价值就值得耐心等待。也会有约束限制。
One man alone can't save this city, Robert, and we both know that.
单凭一个人无法拯救这座城市,罗伯特,我们都知道。