Sister, uh, the abbess, please.
修女 请问院长在哪
In the garden. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
在花园里 谢谢
You're late, young man.
你迟到了 年轻人
And Lord save us, you smell of fish.
主拯救我们 你满是鱼腥味
Mr. Prater says you know your business, so look sharp.
普拉特先生说你很在行 所以得赶快
The gate's locked at sundown.
日落时锁门
I am Willem Brok.
我是威廉·布鲁克
Do you mind staying downwind?
你介意避开顺风吗?
Uh, II bought a parcel of his whites.
我买了一包他的白花
He said I should come here to get the certificate countersigned.
他说我应该来此获得会签证书
Oh, so you're not the rat catcher? No. No.
你不是抓老鼠的? 不是我
Would you kindly take me to the abbess, please?
请去院长办公室好吗?
Well, unless you have a pen and ink pot about you, follow me.
除非你带着笔墨 跟我来
Is this an orphanage?
这是孤儿院吗?
We take them in off the streets, feed them, school them,
她们是街上来的 供她们吃饭 教育
and send them out to fend for themselves
自生自灭
as kitchen maids, scullery maids...
厨房女佣 洗碗女佣
They find husbands, or worse, or remain here as novices.
她们或嫁人 或更糟 或留在这里作为见习女修士