Honestly, I would probably say,
说老实话 我可能会说
"Forget nonprofits, Brad. Just go make a lot of money."
“小布 别搞什么非营利了 好好挣点钱”
Shut up. You aren't serious.
别闹了 说了不开玩笑的
No, I'm totally serious.
没有 我还真没在开玩笑
If you want to make an impact in the world
你要是真想对这个世界有点影响
and have respect, go be Bill Gates.
有点地位 只能去做比尔盖茨
Go make a lot of money,
去挣数不完的钱
and then you can do whatever you want with it.
然后你才能做你想做的事
That's what you would say? Yeah.
你就想说这个 对啊
Look, I go to a dinner party and I tell people
知道吗 我在饭桌上跟人说
what I do for a living, and for about three minutes,
我是干什么的 别人会用三分钟的时间
they act like they admire me and they're interested,
表示他们很敬重我 很感兴趣
and then, uh, after three minutes, I'm invisible.
然后呢 三分钟之后 我就不存在了
They do not admire me.
没有人真的敬重我
And what's worse, they think I'm gonna ask them for a donation...
更惨的是 人们都觉得我会向他们要捐款
which I usually do.
我也确实会要
Mmhmm.
嗯