You were looking for me?
你找我做什么
This arrived from Holland this morning.
这封信是今天早上从荷兰寄来的
It's from Jo, Theo's widow.
是乔寄的 提奥的遗孀
It turns out Gachel did send the letter.
看来加歇医生确实把信转交了
And, she was terribly touched by what you did.
你送信这事让她非常感动
She thought it only right that you should know what was in it,
她觉得你有权知道这封信的内容
so she copied it out for us.
就抄了一份给我们
She sends her,
她寄的
she said something about
她里面说的是
... Alright, give it here.
行了 让我读吧
In the life of the painter,
在画家的人生里
death may perhaps not be the most difficult thing.
死亡并非难以接受
For myself, I declare I don't Know anything about it.
对于死亡 我的说法不尽准确
But, the sight of the stars always makes me dream.
然而每当我仰望星空时 我总会畅想一番
Why I say to myself should those spots of light
我常常问自己 我们为什么触摸不到
in the firmament bet Inaccessible to us?
头上的点点星光
Maybe we can take death to go to a star
莫非人类可以通过死亡去往那一片星空
and to die peacefully of old age would be to go there on foot.
这么说 暮年的安详离世该是朝向星海徜徉徘徊吧
For the moment, I'm going to go to bed because it's late,
夜已深了 我该上床安歇了
and I wish you goodnight and good luck
祝你晚安 也祝你好运
with a handshake,
与你亲切地握手
your loving Vincent.
来自你挚爱的文森特