Mr. Simms.
西姆斯先生
Yes.
在
You don't wear contact lenses, do you?
你不戴隐形眼镜 是吧
No, sir.
不戴
With your untrammeled sight, whom did you see?
当时眼前没有障碍 你看到了谁
Well, I saw...I saw something,
我看到了些什么
but I...I couldn't say who.
但是说不上是谁
All right. What was the something you saw?
好吧 那你到底看到些什么
I couldn't say. You couldn't say or you wouldn't say?
说不上 说不上 还是不愿意说
Well, I just, I...I just couldn't say. I'm...
我只是...就是说不上是谁
Couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't.
说不上 不愿说 还是不该说
You're exhausting my patience and making a mockery of these proceedings.
你是在考验我的忍耐力 也是在嘲笑这场会议
I will give you one last chance.
我再给你最后一次机会
The consequences of your response will be dire.
你的回答会造成很严重的后果
By dire I mean, Mr. Simms,
严重的意思是 西姆斯先生
your future will be jeopardized permanently.
你的未来可能就此葬送
Now for the last time, what did you see last Tuesday night outside my office?
现在我最后问你一次 周二晚上 在我办公室外 你看到了什么
I saw somebody.
我看到有人
"I saw somebody." Good.
"我看到有人" 很好
Did you see their size and shape?
看清他们的身型了吗
And they were the size and shape of whom?
从身型判断 你觉得是谁
They were the size and shape of most any Baird student, sir.
那身材可能是任何一名同学 先生
I am left with no real witness.
那就没有目击证人了
Mr. Willis's testimony is not only vague, it is unsubstantiated.
威利先生的证词不仅含糊不清 还没有实质内容
The substance I was looking for, Mr. Simms, was to come from you.
西姆斯先生 我们需要的证据只能来自于你了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry too, Mr. Simms,
我也很抱歉 西姆斯先生
because you know what I'm going to do,
你知道我会怎么处理的
inasmuch as I can't punish Mr. Havemeyer, Mr. Potter or Mr. Jameson?
因为我不能处罚哈梅尔先生 波特先生和詹姆森先生
And I won't punish Mr. Willis.
也不会处罚威利先生
He's the only party to this incident who is still worthy of calling himself a Baird man.
他是整个事件中唯一配得上博德人称号的
I'm going to recommend to the Disciplinary Committee that you be expelled.
我建议纪律委员会将你开除
Mr. Simms, you are a cover-up artist, and you are a liar.
西姆斯先生 你真会包庇人 还是个骗子