A Holiday From School
学校假期
Tommy hates school and is always looking for excuses not to go.
汤米讨厌上学,总是找借口不去上学。
He spends more time at home than at school.
他在家的时间比在学校长。
On the days he has to go to school,
有几天他不得不去上学,
he looks for excuses to come home early.
他找借口早点回家。
One day he comes home from school in the middle of the day.
有一天,他中午就回到了家。
His father is surprised. "You're home early, is the school closed today?"
父亲非常惊讶,你今天回来得真么早,学校今天不上课吗?
"No. Dad," Tommy says. "It's open. I came home early. "
“没有。爸爸,”汤米说。“今天上学,可是我早回来了。
"How can you do that? What do you say to the teacher?"
“你怎么能这样做?你对老师说什么了?
"I told her that I had a new baby brother
“我告诉她,我有了个小弟弟
and that I had to come home and help you. "
我回家帮你。”
"But your mother has had twins, " his father says,
“但是你妈妈生了一对双胞胎,”他的父亲说,
"you've got a baby brother and a baby sister. "
“你有一个小弟弟和小妹妹。”
"Yes, I know, Dad," Tommy says.
“是的,我知道,爸爸,”汤姆说。
"I'm saving up my baby sister for next week. "
“我正在为下周的小妹妹攒钱。
WORD BANK
词汇表
hate
憎恨
excuse
理由
spend
花费;度过;消磨
closed
关闭的