How brightly through the mist of years, my quiet country home appears!
如烟岁月中清晰呈现,儿时的故乡,安静的乡村!
My father busy all the day in plowing corn or raking hay;
爸爸整日忙忙碌碌,犁着玉米地,或打干草,
My mother moving with delight among the milk pans, silver-bright;
妈妈在亮银色的奶锅旁,开心地忙前忙后;
We children, just from school set free,
放学后我们小孩子们,
Filling the garden with our glee.
在菜园里欢声笑语。
The blood of life was flowing warm when I was living on a farm.
我在农场生活的时候,流淌着温暖的盎然生机。
I hear the sweet churchgoing bell,
钟声召唤人们去教堂,
As o'er the fields its music fell,
声音悦耳响彻原野,
I see the country neighbors round
美妙的钟声下面,
Gathering beneath the pleasant sound;
渐渐聚拢起村民,
They stop awhile beside the door,
他们在门旁逗留,
To talk their homely matters o'er:
谈着各自的大事小情:
The springing corn, the ripening grain,
玉米蹿高了,谷子在成熟,
And "how we need a little rain;"
“要是下场小雨就好了”
A little sun would do no harm,
多点日光也不赖,
We want good weather for the farm.
农场需要好气候。
When autumn came, what joy to see the gathering of the husking bee,
秋天是多么快乐,参加剥玉米壳聚会,
To hear the voices keeping tune,
轻声低语。
Of girls and boys beneath the moon,
月光下少男少女,
To mark the golden corn ears bright,
月光下金黄玉米穗,
More golden in the yellow light!
闪闪发光。
Since I have learned the ways of men,
越是长大成人,
I often turn to these again,
越是喜欢回顾,
And feel life wore its highest charm.
生活是那么富有魅力。
When I was living on the farm.
在农场度过的日子,