At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky.
在一个乡村集市上 我决定去拜访一位称作别林斯夫人的算命人
I went into her tent and she told me to sit down.
我走进她的帐篷 她叫我坐下
After I had given her some money,
我给了她一些钱后
she looked into a crystal ball and said
她便查看着一个水晶球说道
A relation of yours is coming to see you.
您的一个亲戚就要来看您了
She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a few days.
她将于今天傍晚到达 并准备住上几天
The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise.
您一走出这个帐篷 就会大吃一惊
A woman you know well will rush towards you.
一位您很熟悉的女人将向您冲来
She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place.
她会对您说点什么 然后带您离开这个地方
That is all.'
就是这些
As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky
我一走出帐篷 就把别林斯基夫人给算卦的事忘得一干二净了
because my wife hurried towards me.
因为我的妻子正匆匆向我跑来
'Where have you been hiding?' she asked impatiently.
你躲到哪儿去了 她不耐烦地问
'Your sister will be here in less than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her.
再有不到一个小时 你姐姐就要到这儿了 我们得去车站接她
We are late already.'
现在就已经晚了
As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.
当她走开时 我也跟着她出了集市