(Act I, Scene II. Hamlet alone in a room, of the castle. Enter Horatio, Marcellus, and Bernardo.)
(第一幕,第二场。哈姆雷特单独在城堡一间屋内。霍瑞修、马塞勒斯与勃那多同上)
Horatio says: Hail, to your lordship!
霍瑞修说:向您致敬,陛下!
Hamlet says: I am glad to see you well: Horatio,—or I do forgot myself.
哈姆雷特说:你身体很好,见到你很高兴。你是霍瑞修?或许我记忆有误。
The same, my lord, and your poor servant ever.
没错,陛下,正是您谦卑的仆人。
Sir, my good friend; I'll change that name with you:
不,我的好朋友,我倒希望与你不受地位名分之拘。
And what make you from Wittenberg, Horatio?—Macellus?
霍瑞修,你怎么从威登堡回来了?马塞勒斯呢?
Marcellus says: My good lord—I am very glad to see you. (To Bernardo.) Good even, sir.
马塞勒斯说:在,陛下——(对勃那多)见到你真高兴,晚上好,朋友,
But what, in faith, make you from Wittenberg?
不过,坦诚地说来,你为何要离开威登堡?
Horatio says: A truant disposition, good my lord.
霍瑞修说:不过开开小差而已,尊贵的陛下。
I would not hear your enemy say so, Nor shall you do mine ear that violence, To make it truster of your own report Against yourself:
但愿你的仇家不要用这样借口来搪塞,你也别用这样话来刺我,你的言不由衷只会使你愈发尴尬,
I knew you are no truant.
我知道,你本不是闲散懒惰之徒,
But what is your affair in Elsinore? We'll teach you to drink deep ere you depart.
可你来埃尔西诺有何公干?这么说来,在你动身之前,我们真该和你好好地喝上几杯。
My lord, I came to see your father's funeral.
陛下,我来参加您父王的葬礼。
I pray thee, do not mock me, follow-student; I think it was to see my mother's wedding.
拜托,请别取笑,小伙子,恐怕你是来参加我母后的婚礼吧?
Indeed, my lord, it followed hard upon.
当然,陛下,这两桩事确实前后相近。
Thrift, thrift, Horatio! the funeral baked meats Did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables.
霍瑞修!从葬礼上撤下的杯羹残酒,再度款待参加婚宴的八方宾客,这可真够节俭便捷。
Would I had met my dearest foe in heaven Or ever I had seen that day, Horatio!
我宁可与此生血海深仇的仇家相遇天堂,亦不愿亲眼看着那个日子来临,霍瑞修!