"I wish you would come with me," said Hans.
我希望你能跟我一起走,汉斯说。
"After I find the pearls, you could help me to get back to the king's palace very fast.
在我找到珍珠后,你可以帮我迅速回到王宫。
For I am going to work for the king's beautiful daughter as soon as I take back the pearls."
如果我把珍珠取回来,便可以为美丽的公主效力了。
"If that is so," said the giant, "I think I will go with you."
如果事情是那样的话,我想我会跟你一起走的,巨人说。
The two walked along together, until they saw what Hans thought was a large, round stone ahead of them.
两人一起走着,他们前面出现了一个庞然大物,汉斯以为是一块又大又圆的石头。
But when they came to it, the boy saw that it was another giant, lying asleep by the roadside.
但是走到近处才发现这又是一个巨人,他正躺在路边睡觉呢。
"I will cut some branches from a tree to shade that poor fellow's face," said Hans. "The sun is so hot that it will hurt his eyes."
我来从树上砍一些树枝,遮住这个可怜家伙的脸,汉斯说,太阳太毒了,会伤到他的眼睛的。
At these words the first giant laughed aloud.
听到这些话,第一个巨人大声的笑了。
"Oh! Oh!" he cried, "Don't you know who that is? That is a neighbor of mine.
哈哈,你不知道他是谁吧?巨人大声说道,他是我的一个邻居。
He has the strongest eyes in the world.
他的眼力是世界上最好的。
He can see a fly on the leaf of a tree that is a mile away."
他能看到一英里以外树叶上的苍蝇。
The loud laugh woke the sleeping giant, who opened his great eyes and looked in surprise at Hans.
巨大的笑声吵醒了睡梦中的巨人,他睁开了他那双大大的眼睛,惊奇的看着汉斯。