You know, you may say you want to go to Chicago,
你们知道,你们可能会说想去芝加哥,
but it's gonna be hard to get there if you keep buying tickets to Las Vegas.
但如果你们一直买去拉斯维加斯的票,就很难到达芝加哥。
I think we don't realize how important time is.
我认为我们没有意识到时间的重要性。
When we couldn't communicate at the speed of light, we didn't think about it that much.
当我们无法以光速沟通时,我们就不会想那么多。
But things do take time like the time it takes for your brain to work on a problem.
但一切都需要时间,就像你们的大脑需要时间解决问题一样。
And chemical reactions take time. Mourning a loss takes time.
化学反应需要时间。为失去的事情哀伤需要时间。
In fact, all the transitions of our life take time.
事实上,我们生活中的一切转变都需要时间。
Getting your brain or your body in shape takes more than a weekend no matter what they tell you in the brochure.
不论他们在宣传册里怎么说,要让你们的大脑或身体变得健康所花费的时间绝不仅仅只是一个周末。
It takes time for a species to adapt to changes in the environment that we cause,
物种也需要时间适应我们人类引发的环境变化,
which makes us one of the most dangerous species that's ever lived.
这也使我们成为有史以来最危险的物种之一。
We can make changes in the environment,
我们能改变环境,
so rapid that nature doesn't have time to replenish species that can live in that changed that environment.
且改变速度如此之快,以至于大自然来不及补充能够适应新环境的物种。