We found that within a seventh of a second
我们发现在1/7秒内
there was activity in the frontal part of the brain,
在大脑的前端部分有活动
just over the eyebrows, in the orbitofrontal of cortex
刚好眉毛上方 眼窝前额皮质处
that was present when you were looking at the infant faces
而这个活动只有在看到婴儿面部图像时才有
but not when you were looking at the adult faces.
而在看到成年人面部图片时是没有的
This part of the brain is very much
人类脑部的这个部分与
involved in emotional responses, and so what we think we may
人类情感反应的关联非常紧密
have stumbled across here is really in
我们发现 这片区域
many ways the brain equivalent of the parental instinct.
和人类哺育后代的本能有着直接的联系
There's almost like a wired-in automatic reaction.
这些几乎是就是一个本能的条件反射
Kringlebach is now testing to see
瑞安现在测试当我们对
if we have a similar response to dogs' cute features.
可爱狗狗是否有类似的反应
The data is still being analysed but he suspects
数据还在处理中 但他猜测
there will be a comparable signature in
人类脑部与养育生命本能相关联的区域
regions of the brain associated with nurturing responses.
应该会有类似(看婴儿的时候一样)的反应
Just as with the infant, when you're looking at dogs,
和看见婴儿一样 当你看到狗狗时
you find it very hard to control your emotions,
你会发现你很难控制你的情感
you find it very hard not to get that need to nurture.
你会觉得很难压制这种对抚育生命的需求