手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之2.0版城市:设计改变城市,创意成就舒适(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So we said, we'll, let's look at new cities, and we're involved

所以我们说,看看这些新城市
in a couple of new city projects in China.
我们也要在中国弄几个新城市出来
So we said, let's start with that neighborhood cell.
那我们就从社区单元开始着手吧
We think of it as a compact urban cell.
我们觉得这是一种紧凑的城市单元
So provide most of what most people want
这样大部分人就能在20分钟步程内
within that 20-minute walk.
满足生活所需
This can also be a resilient electrical microgrid,
这也能成为一种有弹性的微电网
community heating, power, communication networks,
社区供热网,电力网,通讯网
etc., can be concentrated there.
等等,都能集中在那儿
Stewart Brand would put a micro-nuclear reactor
Stewart Brand很可能会在正中心
right in the center, probably.
建一个原子核反应堆。
And he might be right.
他或许是对的
And then we can form, in effect, a mesh network.
事实上,我们就能形成一个网状网络了
It's something of an Internet typology pattern,
这是一种类型学的互联网模式
so you can have a series of these neighborhoods.
所以我们有了这一系列的社区
You can dial up the density -- about 20,000 people per cell
你可以了解到人口密度,如果在剑桥
if it's Cambridge. Go up to 50,000
大概就是每个社区2万人。如果是在曼哈顿
if it's Manhattan density. You connect everything
这个数字就是5万。我们把那些
with mass transit and you provide most of what most people
大的中转点连接起来,这样单在社区里
need within that neighborhood.
就能满足很多人的需求了
You can begin to develop a whole typology of streetscapes
我们也能开创一个新的类型学
and the vehicles that can go on them. I won't go through
包含了街景和交通工具
all of them. I'll just show one.
我就不详讲,我就说一个方面
This is Boulder. It's a great example of kind of a mobility
这里是博尔德,它的驾车专用道路
parkway, a superhighway for joggers and bicyclists
还有跑步者和自行车者的高速公路,是很有代表性的
where you can go from one end of the city to the other
你可以顺着它横穿整个城市
without crossing the street, and they also have bike-sharing,
不用过马路,而且他们也有公共自行车
which I'll get into in a minute.
能让我很快就适应进去
This is even a more interesting solution in Seoul, Korea.
在韩国首尔,还有个更有趣的解决方案
They took the elevated highway, they got rid of it,
他们放弃了高架公路
they reclaimed the street, the river down below,
重新回到街道上,还有街道下面的小河流
below the street, and you can go from one end of Seoul
这样不用穿过马路
to the other without crossing a pathway for cars.
就能从首尔的一端到达另外一端
The Highline in Manhattan is very similar.
曼哈顿的高压线也是类似的情况
You have these rapidly emerging bike lanes
在全世界,我们拥有这种迅速面世的单车道
all over the world. I lived in Manhattan for 15 years.
我在曼哈顿住了15年
I went back a couple of weekends ago, took this photograph
上几个周末我回去了一趟
of these fabulous new bike lanes that they have installed.
给这些新建的漂亮的单车道拍了些照
They're still not to where Copenhagen is, where something
比起哥本哈根,仍有些差距
like 42 percent of the trips within the city
在哥本哈根,42%的路程都是在单车上的
are by bicycle. It's mostly just because they have
很有可能是他们那里
fantastic infrastructure there.
有更好的基础设施
We actually did exactly the wrong thing in Boston.
在波士顿我们完全做了错误的事
We -- the Big Dig -- (Laughter)
我们——那个大隧道——(笑声)
So we got rid of the highway but we created a traffic island
我们是摆脱了高速公路,但我们也制造了交通岛
and it's certainly not a mobility pathway for anything
显然除了汽车,它还真的不适用于
other than cars.
其他的交通工具
Mobility on demand is something we've been thinking
我们一直在思考迫在眉睫的流动性问题
about, so we think we need an ecosystem
我们觉得我们需要一个公交生态系统
of these shared-use vehicles connected to mass transit.
他们可以将那些大的中转站给连接起来
These are some of the vehicles that we've been working on.
这些是我们目前着手的一些交通工具
But shared use is really key. If you share a vehicle,
公共使用是关键,如果我们共用一辆车
you can have at least four people use one vehicle,
那么相对一个人使用一辆车来说
as opposed to one.
这辆车的使用人数至少可以是四人
We have Hubway here in Boston, the V??lib' system in Paris.
在波士顿我们有Hubway自行车共享系統,在巴黎有Vélib系统
We've been developing at the Media Lab this little
我们在媒体实验室研发这种
city car that is optimized for shared use in cities.
城市小车,可以在城市充分共享使用
We got rid of all the useless things like engines
我们摒弃了那些没什么用处的东西,像引擎
and transmissions. We moved everything to the wheels,
还有传动装置,我们把一切都搬到轮子上
so you have the drive motor, the steering motor,
所以车上的轮子就集成有驱动马达,转向电机
the breaking all in the wheel.
和刹车系统
That left the chassis unencumbered, so you can do things
这使得底盘灵活不收阻碍,所以你可以
like fold, so you can fold this little vehicle up
进行底盘折叠,你可以把这辆小车折叠起来
to occupy a tiny little footprint.
使得占据的空间变得更小
This was a video that was on European television last week
这是上周在欧洲电视台上播放的一个视频
showing the Spanish Minister of Industry driving
讲了西班牙的工业部长开着
this little vehicle, and when it's folded, it can spin.
这辆小车,而且当它折叠起来时,它还可以旋转
You don't need reverse. You don't need parallel parking.
无需退车,也无需平行泊车
You just spin and go directly in.
你只要旋转一下,直接开进去就行了。
So we've been working with a company to
所以我们已经在和一家公司合作
commercialize this. My PhD student Ryan Chin presented
将它商业化。我的博士生Ryan Chin
these early ideas two years ago at a TEDx conference.
两年前在TEDx的一个大会上提出了这个想法
So what's interesting is, then if you begin to add
更有趣的是,你会开始不断为它增加
new things to it, like autonomy, you get out of the car,
新的东西,像自动化,你走出这部车
you park at your destination, you pat it on the butt,
想要停在指定位置,你就拍下它的屁屁
it goes and it parks itself, it charges itself,
它就自动进去停车,自己控制自己
and you can get something like seven times
而且一个传统的汽车的车位
as many vehicles in a given area as conventional cars,
你可以停放七辆这样的小车
and we think this is the future. Actually we could do this today.
我们觉得这就是未来,其实我们今天已经可以做到了
It's not really a problem.
没什么大问题的
We can combine shared use and folding and autonomy
我们能把共享使用和折叠还有自动化结合起来
and we get something like 28 times the land utilization
而且我们的土地使用率可以提高28倍
with that kind of strategy.
只要按照这种方式(就会有可能)

重点单词   查看全部解释    
combine [kəm'bain]

想一想再看

v. 结合,联合,使结合
n. 集团,联合企业

联想记忆
conventional [kən'venʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的,惯例的,常规的

 
brand [brænd]

想一想再看

n. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记
vt. 打烙印,

联想记忆
occupy ['ɔkjupai]

想一想再看

vt. 占领,占用,占据,使忙碌,使从事

联想记忆
emerging [i'mə:dʒ]

想一想再看

vi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来

 
autonomy [ɔ:'tɔnəmi]

想一想再看

n. 自治,自治权,自主

联想记忆
reverse [ri'və:s]

想一想再看

n. 相反,背面,失败,倒档
adj. 反面的

联想记忆
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
chassis ['ʃæsi]

想一想再看

n. 底盘

联想记忆
resilient [ri'ziliənt]

想一想再看

adj. 适应力强的,有弹力的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。