实习,Internship, 是从学校迈向职场的跨越,也是从旧环境到新工作的提前融入。到达实习单位的第一天是最令人兴奋也是最紧张的,要和陌生的同事认识,要和老板见面,要带领自己尽快适应实习工作环境,实习的新鲜感总是给人留下难忘的印象
Dialogue 1:
(The new intern, Xiao Gao,talks things over with his colleague Jingjing)
(新来的实习生小高正在和他的同事京晶说话)
Jingjing: Welcome to the organization, Xiao Gao, I'm here to show you the ropes, and answer any questions you might have.
京晶:欢迎加入我们公司,小高,我来帮你熟悉熟悉环境,你有任何问题都可以问我。
Xiao Gao: Thanks,Jingjing, I'm a little nervous but I hope I can pick up some tricks of the trade.
小高:谢谢京晶,我有点儿紧张,但是我希望今天能学学这个行业的工作方式。
Jingjing: First things first, let's get you settled into a desk, how about a window seat?
京晶:首先,我先帮你找一个办公桌吧,一个靠窗的位置怎么样?
Xiao Gao: Sounds good,when do I get to meet the top dog?
小高:听起来不错,我什么时候要见老板呢?
Jingjing: I'm not sure,could be today if she's not busy.
京晶:我不确定,如果她不忙的话可能就是今天。
Xiao Gao: Do you need me on hand for anything special?
小高:你今天有什么特别的事情需要我留出时间帮你做吗?
Jingjing: No, not for now, you just get settled in, talk to the people in Administration if there's something special you need.
京晶:今天不需要,你只要安顿下来就好,如果你需要任何东西就跟行政部说。
Xiao Gao: Thanks again,Jingjing, for walking me through this.
小高:再次感谢京晶,谢谢你帮我熟悉新的环境。
Jingjing: Don't mention it.
京晶:不用客气。
习语短语
1. show you the ropes = 指导一个新手,带新手熟悉环境
2. tricks of the trade = 行业秘密
3. first things first = 首先
4. window seat = 靠窗的位置
5. top dog = 老板
6. on hand = 留出空来
7. settle in = 安顿下来
8. walk someone through this = 教某人如何做某事