Unit6 Umgwalagwala
第六节 安瓜拉瓜拉
A politician was out on the Indian reservation displaying his sympathy for the oppressed Native Americans. He addressed a gathering of the people.
一位政客抵达一处印第安人居留地向居住在该区被压迫的原住民表达他的关切之情。他向一群民众发表演说。
The plight of your tribe has always been close to my heart," said the politician.
“我一直切身体会到你们的穷苦困境,”政客说。
"Umgwalagwala , "responded the audience enthusiastically.
“安瓜拉瓜拉!”群众热烈欢呼。
I shan' t rest until greater efforts are made on your behalf.
“不为你们争取更多的福利,我个人绝不会松懈。”
"Umgwalagwala," they responded more loudly.
“安瓜拉瓜拉!”群众反应更为热烈。
"And I personally guarantee that you will all be accorded full and equal civil rights."
“此外我愿个人保证你们将被赋予完全及公平的公民权利。”
"Umgwalagwala," shouted the tribe.
“安瓜拉瓜拉!”整个部落的人都叫喊起来。
The politician was pleased with his reception and asked for a tour of the reservation. Soon, he and his guide were standing next to a fenced enclosure.
对这样的接待,政客感到非常高兴,因此他要求游览该居留地,不久他和向导就走到一处封闭的篱笆围墙。
"And what is this used for?" asked the orator.
“这是做什么用的?,’政客问道。
"oh, this empty now, but before we keep bulls in here. "
“喔,现在空无一物,但以前我们在这里养牛。”
"I see," said the visitor, and was planning to enter the enclosure.
“原来如此,”政客说着准备进入篱笆内。
"Hey,you better not go in there,You likely step in a lot of umgwalagwala."
“嘿,你还是不要进去的好,否则你可能踩到很多的安瓜拉瓜拉。”