Have faith. You made an impression. Leave it at that.
要有点信心。你留下了深刻的印象。不去管它就好了。
If he likes you, he'll still remember you after the tsunami, flood, or Red Sox loss.
如果他喜欢你,哪怕是海啸、洪水,或红袜队输了比赛之后,他都会记得你。
If he doesn't, he's not worth your time, you know why? You are great. (Now, don't get cocky. )
如果他不记得你,那他不值得你浪费时间,你知道为什么吗?你是优秀的。(但是你不要自大。)
The "Maybe I Don't Want to Play Games" Excuse
This is dumb. I know you're not supposed to call guys, but I call guys all the time because I don't care!
这太傻了,我知道你认为女方不应该打电话给男方,但是我经常这么做,因为我不在乎。
I don't want to play games. I do whatever I want! I've called guys tons of times.
我不想玩游戏,我随心所欲,我给男人打了无数个电话。
You're such a square, Greg. Why do you think we can't call guys and ask them out?
你是个古板的人,格雷格。为什么你认为我们不能给男方打电话约他们出去?
Signed Nikki
尼基来信
Dear Nikki,
亲爱的尼基,
Because we don't like it. Okay, some guys might like it, but they're just lazy.
因为我们不喜欢这样。好吧,也许有些男人喜欢,但是他们只是太懒了。
And who wants to go out with Lazy Guy? It's that simple.
所以谁愿意跟懒人约会呢?答案显而易见。
I didn't make the rules and I might not even agree with them.
制定规则的不是我,我甚至不同意他们的看法。
Please don't be mad at me, Nikki. I'm not advocating that women go back to the Stone Age.
请别对我发火,尼基。我并不是主张女人回到石器时代。
I just think you might want to be realistic in how capable you are of changing the primordial impulses that drive all of human nature.
我只是认为你可能想要真实面对自己是可以改变推动所有人本性的原始冲动的。
Or maybe you're the chosen one.
也许你就是命中注定的那个人。
Still listening, Greg
一直倾听你的格雷格
Men, for the most part, like to pursue women.
大多数男人都喜欢追求女人。
We like not knowing if we can catch you.
我们不知道我们是否能追到你。
We feel rewarded when we do.
如果我们追到了你的话会有成就感。
Especially when the chase is a long one.
尤其是漫长的追求。
We know there was a sexual revolution. (We loved it. )
我们知道有一场性革命。(我们喜欢它。)
We know women are capable of running governments, heading multinational corporations, and raising loving children—sometimes all at the same time.
我们知道,妇女有能力经营政府,走向跨国公司,同时也在抚养子女,有时候这些是在同时进行的。
That, however, doesn't make men different.
然而这并不会使男人有所改变。