卡洛斯:那你打算在哪里上大学?
Torrie:I've picked Harford University.
托雷:我已经选择了哈特福德大学。
Carlos:The only Harford University I've heard of is a degree mill.
卡洛斯:我唯一了解到那所大学的是不具备正式学位授与权。
Torrie:I'm sure it's not the same one.
托雷:我敢肯定这所和你那个不一样。
The Harford University I'm attending is accredited, at least I'm pretty sure it is.
我选择的哈特福德大学经过了认证,至少我敢肯定。
The best part of going to Harford is I'll never have to attend classes on campus.
而选择这所学校最棒的是于我不需要去学校上课。
I can do all of my coursework online.
我可以在线学习完所有课程。
Carlos:You want to attend an online university?
卡洛斯:你想在在线大学学习?
There are some legitimate ones that offer good distance education, but many have low admissions standards and don't provide a very good education.
有一些合法的大学提供良好的远程教育课程,但许多学校标准普遍较低,而且课程质量也不是很好。
Torrie:Not Harford.
托雷:哈特福德就不是这样。
It's a good degree-granting institution and they even give you credit for relevant life experience.
这所大学有一个很棒的学位授予机制而且他们甚至给你提供相关的生活经验。
I won't need to take very many courses to graduate.
我不需要很多课程就能毕业。
Carlos:That sounds pretty fishy to me.
卡洛斯:对我来说,这听起来很可疑。
Torrie:Don't worry.
托雷:别担心。
My transcript and degree will be indistinguishable from those from a traditional university, without nearly as much work.
我的成绩单和学位会同那些一般大学的差不多,而且不需要付出很多就能拿到。
Carlos:That should tell you something. How is their job placement rate?
卡洛斯:这让我想到一件事。他们的就业率怎么样?
Torrie:I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll be as competitive as any other college graduate.
托雷:我不是很清楚,但很确定的是我会像其他大学毕业生那样竞争。
Carlos:If you say so. What are you doing right now?
卡洛斯:如果你这么说的话。你现在在做什么呢?
Torrie:I'm playing a video game stealing cars.
托雷:我正在玩偷汽车的电子游戏。
At Harford, that's considered relevant life experience. Cool, huh?
在哈特福德,这就是相关的生活经验。很酷,是不是?
Carlos:Yeah, cool.
卡洛斯:是的,太酷了。