手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第21期:寻找合伙人

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Um, today, we're gonna talk about how to hire ah, and how to execute.

今天,我们将谈谈如何招聘与如何执行
Hopefully you don't execute the people you hire.
希望你们不会解雇你自己招的人
Um. Sometimes.
有时会
Uh, so, first, I wanna talk about co-founder.
所以,首先,我想先谈谈合伙人
Um, co-founder relationships are among the most important in the entire company.
合伙关系是整个公司中最重要的关系之一
Um, and everyone says that you need to watch out for tension brewing among co-founders,
每个人都说你得提防合伙人之间酝酿的紧张关系
and address them immediately, and that's all true.
并立刻解决这种紧张关系,这些都是真的
And certainly in YC's case.
当然在YC中也是如此
The number one cause of early death for start ups is, is co-founder blow ups.
创业公司很早就失败的最主要原因是合伙关系的告吹
But for some reason a lot of treat choosing their co-founder with even less importance than they put on hiring.
但由于某种原因,许多人更加看重雇佣,而不是选择合伙人
Um, don't do this.
不要这样干
This is one of the most important decisions you make in the life of your start up,
这是你创业生涯中做的最重要的一个决定,
and you get treated as such.
这个决定对今后影响重大
And for some reason, students are really bad at this.
由于某种原因,学生在这方面很不擅长
They just pick someone, they're like I wanna start a business,
他们随意挑了一个人。他们的想法是,我想创业
you wanna start a business, let's start it, start it together.
你想创业,那我们就一起干吧,就开始一起创业

寻找合伙人

Um, there are these, like, co-founder dating things where you're like hey, I'm looking for a co-founder.

就像在合伙人见面会上寻找一个合伙人
We don't really know each other, let's start a company.
我们并不了解彼此,我们一起开个公司吧
And this is like crazy.
这很疯狂
Um, you would never hire someone like this,
你绝不会随便雇佣一个人
and yet people are willing to choose their business partners this way.
然而人们却愿意这样选择他们的生意伙伴
Um, it's really, really bad.
这真的很糟糕
And choosing a random co-founder or choosing someone you don't have a long history with.
随机选择一个合伙人或者选择你认识不久的人
Choosing someone that you're not friends with.
选择一个不是你朋友的人
So that when things are really going wrong, you have this sort of past history to bind you together.
以至于出现问题时,你们之间的关系基础又不牢
Um, usually ends up in disaster.
合作关系通常都会以失败告终
We had one YC batch where nine of about 75 companies
我们曾孵化过约有75个公司的一批公司
added on a random co-founder between when we interviewed the companies and when they started,
其中9个公司在我们面试他们时或他们公司成立之初不慎重地增加了一个合伙人
and all nine of those teams fell apart in the next year.
这9个公司在下一年全部都四分五裂了
Uh, the track record for founders that don't already know each other is really bad.
我们的跟踪记录发现,公司创建者之间的不了解带来的影响很大
Um, a good way to meet a co-founder is in college.
找到合伙人的一个好方法是在大学里找
If you're not in college and you don't know a co-founder,
如果你不在大学,并且不认识合伙人
the next best thing I think is to go work in an interesting company.
我认为接下来你最好是能在一家有意思的公司工作
If you work at Facebook or Google or something like that, um, it's probably almost as co-founder Rich at Stanford.
如果你在Facebook或谷歌等公司上班,潜在合伙人有可能不比斯坦福少
It's better to have no co-founder uh, than have a bad co-founder, but it's still bad to be a solo founder.
与其找一个糟糕的合伙人,不如不要合伙人,但没有合伙人也不好
Um, I was just looking at the status here before we started.
上课之前我看了一些统计资料
For the top, and I may have missed one cause I was counting quickly,
由于我数地比较快,可能会遗漏
but I think, but for the top 20 most valuable YC companies um, all of them have at least two founders.
但我认为,最有价值的20家YC孵化的公司,它们都至少有两个合伙人
Uh, and we, we probably fund at a rate of something like one out of ten solo teams.
我们资助的创业公司中,单人创业公司的比例大概是十分之一
Uh, so best of all, founder you know, co-founder you know.
因此最好的是,找个志同道合的合伙人
Um, better than that or not as good as that but still okay, solo founder.
这比没有要好,没有合伙人也是可以的
Random founder you meet.
随随便便找个合伙人最次了
Uh, again students do this for some reason.
再次,学生会出于某种原因这样做
Really, really bad.
这真的很糟糕
Uh, so as you're thinking about co-founders and people that could be good,
因此,当你考虑合伙人,一些潜在合伙人
there's a question of what you're looking for, right?
随之而来的问题是,寻找什么样的合伙人?
And at YC we have this public phrase.
在YC,我们有这样一个众所周知的词语
Um, and it's relentlessly resourceful.
那就是敏思笃行
And everyone's heard about it.
每个人都听过
And I think that really is a very good description for what you're looking for with co-founders.
我认为这是对你寻找合伙人的最佳描述
Um, you definitely need relentlessly resourceful co-founders.
你一定需要敏思笃行的合伙人

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tension ['tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压

联想记忆
resourceful [ri'sɔ:sfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 资源丰富的,足智多谋的

联想记忆
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
status ['steitəs]

想一想再看

n. 地位,身份,情形,状况

联想记忆
solo ['səuləu]

想一想再看

n. 独奏,独唱
adj. 单独的

联想记忆
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
random ['rændəm]

想一想再看

adj. 随机的,随意的,任意的
adv. 随

 
relentlessly

想一想再看

adv. 残酷地,无情地

 
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。