Um,but there's a more colorful example that we share at the YC kickoff
在YC,我们讲过一个更生动的例子
Um, Paul Gram started using this, and I've kept it going.
保罗格拉姆这么说过,我借过来用
Um, so you're looking for co-founders that need to be unflappable, tough.
所以你寻找的合伙人是镇定且坚强的人
They know what to do in every situation.
他们知道在每种情况下做什么
They act quickly. They're decisive. They're creative.
他们反应迅速,他们果断坚定,他们创意非凡
They're ready for anything.
他们时刻准备着
Um,and it turns out that there's a model for this in,in pop culture
在流行文化中,有一个很好的例子
And it sounds really dumb, but it's at least very memorable.
听起来令人无语,但却令人难忘
And we've told every class of YC this for a long time, and I think it helps them.
长时间以来,我们在YC的课堂上都讲过,我觉得挺有用的
Um, and that model is James Bond.
这个例子就是詹姆斯·邦德
Um, and again it sounds crazy but it, it, uh, it will at least stick in your memory and,
听起来有点疯狂,但至少可以让你牢牢记住
and you need someone that behaves like James Bond more than you need someone that is you know an expert in some particular domain
比起某个领域的专家,你更需要一个詹姆斯·邦德那样的人
As I mentioned earlier, you really want to know your co-founders for a while, ideally years.
正如我之前提到的,你的合伙人必须是你认识了一段时间的人,最好是许多年
This is true for early hires as well.
对早期雇佣的人也适用
But incidentally, more people get this right for early hires, than they do for co-founders.
不经意间很多创业者在早期雇佣人时这么做了,在选择合伙人却没有做到
Uh, so again, take advantage of school.
再次强调,利用在校的时间
Um, in addition to relentlessly resourceful, you want a tough and a calm co-founder.
除了敏思笃行之外,你还需要一个坚强冷静的合伙人
Uh, there are all the obvious things like smart.
有许多明显的特征需要考虑,如聪明
But everyone knows that you want a smart co-founder.
但每个人都知道你想要一个聪明的合伙人
Uh, most people don't prioritize tough and calm well enough.
大多数人并不优先考虑坚强和冷静这两种品质
Especially if you feel like you yourself aren't, you need a co-founder who is.
尤其是如果你觉得你自己并不是这样的人,你就需要这样一个合伙人
Um, if you're not technical, and hopefully most people in this room are,
如果你不是专业人士,希望教室里的大部分人是
you really want a technical co-founder.
你就真地需要一个专业的合伙人
There's this weird thing going on in start ups right now where it's become popular to say, like you know what?
创业中有一件很奇怪的事,那就是,人们喜欢说,你们知道吗
We don't need technical founders, we're gonna hire people,
我们不需要专业合伙人,我们将雇佣专业技术人员
We're just gonna be great managers.
我们只要成为了不起经理人就可以了
Um, that doesn't work too well, in our experience.
以我们的经验看来,这并不奏效
In a software, people really should be starting software companies.
搞软件的人就应该创建软件公司
Media people should be starting media companies.
媒体人士应该创建媒体公司
Um, so and in the YC experience, two or three co-founders seems to be about perfect.
因此,以YC的经验来看,两个或三个合伙人是最完美的
Um, one obviously not great, five really bad, four works sometimes,
单打独斗显然不好,五个人也不行,四个人有时候可以
but uh, two or three I think is what to target.
但我认为两个或三个最佳