So then we would go into work and usually we'd go in and see if there were any scientific papers that people sent out.
然后我们就开始工作 通常我们会看看是否有 其他人发表的科研论文
I did discover that despite Hawking's great brilliance,he does read quite slowly.
我确实发现尽管霍金才华横溢 但是他阅读得相当慢
I could read about twice as fast as he.
我阅读速度是他的两倍
But of course he would have to read to remember it
当然他必须要边读边记
because it would be very difficult for him to go back and access the thing
因为对于他来说 回过头来再看是非常困难的
whereas I could skim the paper rather quickly and see Is there something interesting in this?
而我能相当快速地略读这些论文 并看看 这里头没有什么有趣的东西
If I wanted to work on it, I could pick the thing up and look at it.
要是我想研究它 我就能找出来接着看
Black hole radiation has shown us that gravitational collapse is not as final as we once thought.
黑洞辐射 向我们展示了引力坍缩 并不像我们曾经想象的那样
If an astronaut falls into a black hole
如果一个宇航员掉进了黑洞
he will be returned to the rest of the universe in the form of radiation.
他将会以辐射的形式 回到宇宙中
Thus, in a sense the astronaut will be recycled.
因此 在某种意义上 这个宇航员再生了
However, it would be a poor sort of immortality
然而这是一种可怜的永生形式
because any personal concept of time would come to an end as he is torn apart inside the black hole.
因为当他被撕碎的时候 个体的时间概念就会走到尽头 只存在于在黑洞之中
All that would survive would be his mass, or energy.
世间万物 都有他的质量或能量