When you come to imaginary time,you have this rather peculiar possibility
当你进入虚时间 你就有这种相当特殊的可能性
of having a "now,"as it were without necessarily having a sort of a chain of past moments.
拥有"现在" 它不需要 建立在过去的基础上
If we start where we are at the moment and start running backwards in time
如果我从我们所处的瞬间开始 跑向过去的时光
then for a long time, things work perfectly normally.
那么在很长的一段时间里 事物都会非常正常的运作
But as you begin to get further and further back towards
但是当你往前越走越远时
what would be the origin point in the conventional real-time picture,you'd find that the nature of time changes
当你愈发远离传统的实时间图像时 你就能发现时间的性质改变了
that the imaginary component becomes more and more prominent
虚的一部分越来越显著
until what ought to have been the singular point in the classical theory
直到进入经典理论的奇点
gets smoothed away, and you have this beautiful picture of these bowls where the creation of the universe is pictures
才变得光滑 然后你就看到这个美丽的碗的画面 宇宙诞生的碗
of where we are now, and a smooth bowl of the past where there's no initial point, just a sort of smooth shape.
我们现在在这 光滑的碗是过去 那里没有奇点 只是光滑的形状
So long as the universe had a beginning We could suppose it had a creator.
只要宇宙有一个起点 我们就应该有一个创造者
But if the universe is completely self-contained having no boundary or edge
但是如果宇宙是完全独立的 无限并且无界
it would neither be created nor destroyed.
它就不会被创造或者毁灭
It would simply be.What place, then, for a creator?
它很简单地存在着 那么 把创世者摆在什么位置