I hate to step into sort of a gendered pitfall,
我虽然不想涉及性别方面的问题
but what advice do you have for female cofounders as they pursuing funding?
不过,对于女性创业者进行融资,您有什么建议吗?
Female cofounders when you're pursuing funding,
女性创业者进行融资
well it probably is true that women have a harder time raising money, right?
的确,女性创业者进行融资更困难
I've noticed this in empirically, and,
我深有体会
Jessica is just about to publish a bunch of interviews with female founders.
Jessica打算发布一系列女性创业者访谈
And a lot of them said that they thought they had a hard time, a harder time raising money too.
其中很多人说她们融资更困难
So, what I would, you remember I said, like the way to raise money?
还记得我说过的融资方法吧?
Make your startup actually do well.
让公司发展好!
Well, that's just especially true in that case.
在融资时尤其重要
If have any, if you, if you miss the ideal target from the VC's point of view in any respect,
如果从风险投资人角度考虑,你们尚有欠缺
the way to solve that problem is make the startup do really well.
解决办法就是让公司发展好
So in fact, there was a point like a year or two ago
有这么一件事,一两年前
when I tweeted this growth graph of this company and I didn't say who they were.
我把一家公司的业绩增长图发到了Twitter上,我并没有说明是哪家公司的
But I knew it would start people asking and it was actually a female founded startup
我早就知道网友们会问的,其实是一家女性创业的公司
that was having trouble raising money but their growth graphs were stupendous.
她家公司融资有困难,但是业绩增长很快
And so I tweeted it, knowing that, like, all these VC's would start asking me who is that, right?
我就发到了Twitter上,果不其然,有风险投资人问我,那个图是哪家公司的?
And, like, growth graphs have no gender, right?
业绩增长图不分男女
So if they see the growth graph first, let them fall in love with that.
让投资人看看业绩增长图,用业绩增长图来说话
Right? So do well, which is good advice for startups generally. Yes?
把公司发展好,这是实用的建议