手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 福尔摩斯探案全集 > 福尔摩斯探案之四签名 > 正文

四签名(MP3+中英字幕) 第50期:贝克街的侦探小队(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

"A wooden-legged man?" said Holmes with bland surprise.

福尔摩斯惊讶地问道:“一个装木腿的人?"
"Yes, sir, a brown, monkey-faced chap that's called more'n once for my old man.
"是呀,先生!一个猴头猴脑的小子,来过不止一次,
It was him that roused him up yesternight,
昨天晚上就是他把我老伴从床上叫起来的。
and, what's more, my man knew he was comin', for he had steam up in the launch.
还有,我老伴在事前就知道他要来,因为他已经把汽船升火等着了。
I tell you straight, sir, I don't feel easy in my mind about it."
先生,我老实告诉您,我实在是不放心。"
"But, my dear Mrs. Smith," said Holmes, shrugging his shoulders,
福尔摩斯耸肩说道:“可是我亲爱的斯密司太太,
"you are frightening yourself about nothing.
您不用自己瞎着急。
How could you possibly tell that it was the wooden-legged man who came in the night?
您怎么知道昨天晚上来的就是那个装木腿的人呢?
I don't quite understand how you can be so sure."
我不明白怎么您就肯定是他呢?"

福尔摩斯探案集 四签名

"His voice, sir. I knew his voice, which is kind o' thick and foggy.

"先生,听他那样粗重模糊的口音,我就知道了。
He tapped at the winder--about three it would be.
他弹了几下窗--那时大概是三点钟
'Show a leg, matey,' says he: 'time to turn out guard.'
说道:'伙计,快起来,咱们该走了!'
My old man woke up Jim--that's my eldest--and away they went without so much as a word to me.
我老伴把吉姆--我的大儿子也叫醒了,没有跟我说一个字,他们爷俩就走了。
I could hear the wooden leg clackin' on the stones."
我还听见那只木腿走在石头上的声音呢。"
"And was this wooden-legged man alone?"
"来的就是那装木腿的一个人,没有同伴吗?"
"Couldn't say, I am sure, sir. I didn't hear no one else."
"先生,我说不清,我没有听见还有别人。"
"I am sorry, Mrs. Smith, for I wanted a steam launch,
"斯密司太太,太不巧啦,我想租一只汽船,
and I have heard good reports of the...Let me see, what is her name?"
因为我老早就听说过这只……让我想想!这只船叫……?"
"The Aurora, sir."
"先生,船名叫'曙光'。"
"Ah! She's not that old green launch with a yellow line, very broad in the beam?"
"啊!是不是那只绿色的、船帮上画着宽宽的黄线的旧船?"
"No, indeed. She's as trim a little thing as any on the river.
"不,不是。是跟在河上常见的整洁的小船一样,
She's been fresh painted, black with two red streaks."
新刷的油,黑色船身上画着两条红线。"
"Thanks. I hope that you will hear soon from Mr. Smith.
"谢谢您,我希望斯密司先生不久就能回来了。
I am going down the river, and if I should see anything of the Aurora I shall let him know that you are uneasy.
我现在往下游去,如果碰到'曙光'号,我就告诉他您在惦记着他。
A black funnel, you say?"
您方才说,那只船的烟囱是黑的吗?"
"No, sir. Black with a white band."
"不是,是有白线的黑烟囱。"
"Ah, of course. It was the sides which were black. Good-morning, Mrs. Smith.
"啊,对了,那船身是黑色的。斯密司太太,再见吧!
There is a boatman here with a wherry, Watson.
华生,那儿有一只小舢板,
We shall take it and cross the river."
叫他把咱们渡到河那边去。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
bland [blænd]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,不油腻的,引不起兴趣的,平淡无奇的

 
frightening ['fraitniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的

 
trim [trim]

想一想再看

n. 整齐,装饰,修剪下来的部分
adj. 整

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
uneasy [ʌn'i:zi]

想一想再看

adj. 不自在的,心神不安的,不稳定的,不舒服的

 
beam [bi:m]

想一想再看

n. 光线,(光线的)束,(横)梁,桁条
vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。