In fifty years, maybe a Negro colonel.In a hundred years, the vote.
50年后 或许会有黑人上校 100年后就能参加选举了
What'll you do after the war, Corporal Clark?
战争结束后你会做什么 克拉克下士
Work, sir. Perhaps you'll hire me.Perhaps I will.
去上班 长官 也许您会雇用我 没准我会的
But you should know, sir,that I get sick at the smell of bootblack and I cannot cut hair.
但是长官 我不想再擦皮鞋了 也不会理发
I've yet to find a man could cut mine so it'd make any difference.
我已经有理发师了 所以这倒无所谓
You got springy hair for a white man.
作为一个白人您的头发太卷了
Yes, I do. My last barber hanged himself.
没错 我前任理发师上吊自杀了
And the one before that.Left me his scissors in his will.
他的前任也一样 还在遗嘱里把剪子留给我
President Lincoln, sir? Evening, boys.
林肯总统 晚上好 小伙子们
We saw you at, we We were at, at We was at Gettysburg!
我们见过您 就在 在 在葛底斯堡见过您
You boys fight at Gettysburg?Naw, we didn't fight there. We just signed up last month.
你们在葛底斯堡打过仗吗 没有 我们上个月刚入伍
We saw him two years ago at the cemetery dedication.
我们在两年前的公墓演讲见过他
Yeah, we heard you speak.We, damn, damn damn!Hey, how tall are you anyway?!
没错 我们听过那次演讲 我们 唉呀妈呀 您到底有多高啊
Jeez, shut up!Could you hear what I said?No, sir, not much. It was.
老天 快闭嘴 我的演讲你记住了多少 不太多 长官 那时
Four score and seven years ago,our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation,
先人立国 已逾八十有七载
conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
自由平等 乃立国之本
That's good, thank you.Now we are engaged in a great civil war,testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure.
不错 谢谢你 今逢内争 欲明以此 为本之国 能永存否
We are, we are, we are met on a great battlefield of that war?That's good, thank you.
吾人 吾人 吾人来此战场 很好 谢谢
We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live.
欲以方寸之地 奉我勇士 勇士者 为赴国难而亡
It is His uncles, they died on the second day of fighting.
吾人此举 他的叔伯们在战争第二天就牺牲了
I know the last part. It is Company up! Move it out! It is rather.Boys, best go and find your company. Thank you.
我还记得最后一段 集合 出发 吾尚存者 小伙子 该归队了 谢谢你们
Thank you, sir. God bless you.God bless you too.
谢谢您 长官 愿上帝保佑您 愿上帝也保佑你