The part assigned to me is to raise the flag,
我的任务是来升旗
which, if there be no fault in the machinery, I will do,
如果设备没问题 我会将它升起
and when up, it will be for the people to keep it up.That's my speech.
但之后让国旗飘扬的任务就属于人民了 演讲结束
We are coming Father Abraham three hundred thousand more.
我们不远万里 为国父林肯而战
From Mississipp's winding stream and from New England's shore.
从密州潺潺溪流 到新英巍巍海岸
We leave our plows and workshops our wives and children dear.
我们弃业从军 无惧妻离子散
Even if every Republican in the House votes yes,far from guaranteed,
就算众议院的共和党员都投了赞成票 但这也无法保证
since when has our party unanimously supported anything?
我们党什么时候团结一致过
but say all our fellow Republicans vote for it,We'll still be twenty votes short.
就假设所有党员都投了赞成票 我们仍然会少20票
Only twenty? Only twenty!We can find twenty votes.
才20票吗 才20票 我们会拉到这20票的
Twenty House Democrats who'll vote to abolish slavery,
赞成废奴的20名民主党议员
In my opinion,To which I always listen.Or pretend to.With all three of my ears.
在我看来 你的意见总是很宝贵 是奉承话吧 我洗耳恭听呢
We'll win the war soon.It's inevitable, isn't it?Ain't won yet.
我们很快会打赢这场战争 这是大势所趋 不是吗 但毕竟还没有赢
You'll begin your second term with semi-divine stature.
你会以一个英雄形象开始下个任期
Imagine the possibilities peace will bring!
想象一下和平对我们的意义
Why tarnish your invaluable luster with a battle in the House?
为什么还要让众议院辩论玷污你的光辉形象
It's a rat's nest in there,the same gang of talentless hicks and hacks who rejected the amendment ten months ago.We'll lose.
那里鸡飞狗跳 10个月前否决提案的那帮 乌合之众乡巴佬还在那里 我们输定了