1、take out
去除;除掉
I got an abscess so he took the tooth out.
我牙龈脓肿,所以他就把那颗牙拔掉了。
When you edit the tape you can take out the giggles.
你编辑录音时,可以把咯咯笑的部分删了。
邀请…外出,带…出去(吃饭、看电影等)
Jessica's grandparents took her out for the day.
杰茜卡的祖父母带她出去玩了一天。
Reichel took me out to lunch.
雷赫尔请我出去吃的午饭。
取得,获得,领到(贷款、执照、保单等)
They find a house, agree a price, and take out a mortgage through their building society.
他们找到一处房子,谈妥价格,通过住房互助协会办理了抵押贷款。
2、hang on
等一会儿;稍等
Can you hang on for a minute?
你能不能稍等一会儿?
Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.
稍等,我跟你一起去。
(面对困难或阻力)坚持不懈,不泄气
Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.
假如没有我父母的支持,我可能已经彻底垮掉了。但我还是坚持了下来。
Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.
曼联队坚持到了最后,夺得了足总杯的冠军。
保住;守住
The British driver was unable to hang on to his lead.
英国车手没能保住自己的领先地位。
The President has been trying hard to hang onto power.
总统一直在设法抓住权力不放。