You need us to keep the conservative side of the party in the traces
你需要我们稳定住 共和党内的保守派
while you diddle the radicals and bundle up with Thaddeus Stevens' gang,You need our help.
与此同时你去说服 并拉拢塞德斯·史蒂文斯那伙激进派 你需要我们的帮助
Yes, sir, I do.Well, what do we get? Whoo! Blunt!
是的 没错 那我们有什么好处 你也太直接了
Your manners, Monty.Must be why Mr. Lincoln pushed you out of his cabinet.He was pushed out.
礼貌一点儿 蒙蒂 我算知道为什么林肯先生把你逐出内阁了 他不是被逐出的
I wasn't pushed. Oh of course you weren't.I agreed to resign.He was pushed out to placate the goddamn radical abolishonists!
我不是被逐出的 当然不是 我主动辞职的 他被逐出是为了安抚那些该死的废奴激进派
Oh Daddy, please! Daddy.Oh. You don't mind, boy, do you?
爸爸 请你注意点 小伙子 你不介意吧
He spends his days with soldiers.They taught me a song! Did they?
他跟士兵一起混过 他们教了我一首歌 是嘛
Soldiers know all manner of songs.How's your brother Bob?
当兵的最会唱歌了 你哥哥鲍勃还好吗
He's at school now,but he's coming to visit in four days. For the shindy!
他还在上学 不过再过4天他就回来参加宴会了
At school? Ain't that fine!Good he's not in the army!
上学 真棒啊 至少没去参军
He wants to be, but mama said he can't Dangerous life, soldiering.
他想去 但是妈妈不让他去 当兵危险得很
Your mama is wise to keep him clean out of that.
你妈妈不让他去很明智
Now your Daddy knows that what I want,in return for all the help I give him,
现在你父亲知道我想要什么 换取我对他的帮助
is to go down to Richmond like he said I could,as soon as Savannah fell,and talk to Jefferson Davis.
如他所承诺的一样 我要去里士满 萨瓦那一沦陷我就去 我还要和杰斐逊·戴维斯谈一谈
Give me terms I can offer to Jefferson Davis to start negotiating for peace.
告诉他我能提供的条件 以开启和谈
He'll talk to me!Conservative members of your party want you to listen to overtures from Richmond.That above all!
他会和我谈的 你们党内的保守派 想让你听一听来自里士满的提议 这才是重中之重