The shapes, I mean, of these people.
类似于欧洲中世纪的服装。
Didn't someone give you your first camera?
你的第一台相机是谁送给你的么?
David Montgomery, an American photographer who lived and worked in London.
David Montgomery,一个常年居住在伦敦的美国摄影师。
We were there at his home with his wife and all for dinner one night.
当时我和他还有他的妻子在一起吃晚饭。
I said, "Gee, do you have an assistant who could take a picture for me tomorrow?" Some fashion shop, I mentioned.
我问他,他有没有个助手可以帮我在一些时尚店铺拍张照片。
And...Yes, he sent one of his assistants out.
然后他果然叫了一个助手来帮我拍照。
And then when he came to New York about three months later, he said, "Here, I brought you something."
大概三个月之后他来了纽约他说带给了我意见礼物。
He said, "Use it like a pen, like you take notes. Do it with a camera."
他说,像你用笔写字那样用相机来记录生活吧。
A little Olympus half-frame. They were $39, and you got 72 pictures to a 36 roll of...Frame...
那是一台奥林巴斯的半框相机,39美元可以拍72张照片,其中一半有帧辊。(译者注:对不起我没弄清楚相机原理这部分==)
Frame roll of film so I liked that even better.
于是我更加喜欢这台相机了。
One of the interesting things about street style...is that it emerged at the same point...that, um, Bill got a camera.
街头潮流很有趣的一点在于在它兴起时Bill正好得到了他的第一台相机。
And by street style, I'm talking about fashions that really did emerge from the street.
在这种街头潮流的影响下有些时尚就真的来自于街上普通人的穿着。