The state of things now is, I don't want to say grim, but it feels like the studios of Carnegie Hall, the legendary studios, are on its last legs.
现在事情是这样的我不想说现在形势很严峻但是Carnegie Hall的这些工作室这些传奇的工作室,有的已经走向末路了。
There are six tenants remaining in the building, all rent control.
留下的六家租客,都受到了租金管制。
Everything is turned into offices. Corporate offices.
现在到处都变成了办公室,企业的办公室。
Beautiful artist studios like this have been divided up...with partitions and computers and telemarketers.
那些美丽的艺术家工作室正被电脑和推销员们分隔取代着。
Agnes de Mille's studio...This is the famous one, Ballet Arts, where she choreographed Oklahoma.
Agnes de Mille的工作室,是最著名一个芭蕾舞团她编排了俄克拉何马州的芭蕾舞剧。
Can you imagine how big that studio was? That is now a sea of telemarketers.
你能想象这个曾经的芭蕾舞团工作室现在什么样了么?现在那里到处都是推销员。
For us it feels criminal.
对此我们真的有负罪感。
It feels immoral that these people, at this stage of their life, are going to spend their twilight years, fighting to hold on to these studios.
这样做似乎很不道德,让这些年老的艺术家必须在暮年去抗争来保住他们的工作室。
That's why it's a treat to see Bill and Editta Sherman standing their ground...and being the last holdouts here of the Carnegie Studios.
这也就是为什么Bill和Editta Sherman在这件事上这么受关注他们是最后守在Carnegie工作室的人了。
Editta Sherman!
Editta Sherman!
Come on in!
进来吧!
What is this thing?
这是怎么回事?
How come they're not doing something on me?
为什么他们不拍我?
We did something on you. This is all of you.
我们在拍你,这都是你。
We're doing something on all of you now.
我们现在都在拍你。
Well, why?
好吧,为什么?
Here I am. They don't even bring a cup of coffee.
好吧,我在这儿他们怎么都不拿一杯咖啡来。
Well, I think they're not very civilized.
我觉得他们不是很懂礼貌。
Editta's always hungry.
Editta总是会饿。
She's always hungry.
她总是很饿。
You see? This is a crazy house.
你瞧这真是个疯狂的屋子。
That's so beautiful. -I know that.
那真漂亮。-我知道的。
Suzette, how long have you known Editta?
Suzette,你认识Editta多久了?
Were you here when I moved in in '49? No. You were here first. -Forty-nine. I moved in here in the '40s. I guess I must have been here around 1940, huh?
我49年搬进来的时候你住在这儿么?不,你先搬进来的。-49年。我五十年代搬进来的。我记得我大概1940前后搬进来的吧。