Let's all toast to my mother, who was born, not only on the 30th of March, but in 1902, the 30th of March was Easter Day.
让我们为她干杯为她的生日,她在1902年3月30号那个复活节出生。
Mrs. Astor represented some timeless sense of style and elegance...and philanthropy...and doing the right thing.
Astor夫人身上展现这一种永恒的优雅,她一直坚持的慈善事业还有她做的事情。
I really am not so extraordinary.
我并不是多么杰出的人。
I'm just an ordinary person who has had a very good life...and is very near...and it is getting very near to the end.
我只是个有着幸福生活的普通人,并且…似乎很快就会走到人生的终点。
And I've had a wonderful time.
我拥有过很多美好的时光。
You've all really been so sweet.
你们一直都对我那么好。
I think it was impossible not to admire her.
我觉得你不可能不去崇敬她。
They became really very close friends.
她和Bill是非常好的朋友。
And he did chronicle her every single move.
他几乎用相机记录下了她的一生。
It was with a genuine kindness and affection, and he protected her.
他出于一种发自内心的友谊和亲情保护着她。
To the very end they were great friends.
一直以来,他们是非常非常好的朋友。
I'm guessing...that he might actually have come from a wealthy family because of that, and because only people who come from wealth can live the way he lives.
我猜…Bill是来自一个非常富裕的家庭,因为只有来自这样家庭的人,才会有他这种生活态度和理念。
So that's always been my assumption, but I've actually never discussed it with him.
我一直是这么假设的但是从来没有和他讨论过这个问题。