About ten years ago, I was sitting outside...downtown at a restaurant, and it must have been 11 o'clock at night.
大概是十年前有一天,我坐在下城的一下餐厅外面那会儿大概是夜里十一点。
And all of a sudden, there goes Bill Cunningham on his bike.
忽然我看见Bill和他的自行车。
I thought, "Oh, I want to say hello," but he was gone in a fleeting moment.
我正想着和他打个招呼,但是他一下就从我面前骑了过去。
And all I could see was his blue coat and the bike go by.
然后我只能看见他和他蓝色的外套远去是身影。
And I knew where he was headed.
我大概知道他是赶着去哪里。
He goes to many events in one evening.
他一天晚上要参加很多的活动和派对。
He's in one event uptown, and he's downtown at another event.
可能去上城参加一个活动然后又要赶去下城参加另一个。
It's rigorous work.
这样的工作节奏很紧。
This is too early to be at one of these downtown parties.
我们是不是来的太早了。
We're the only ones here.
现在只有我们到了。
Bill's gonna be here for five minutes and leave.
Bill只能待五分钟,然后就要走了。
Big smiles. Come on, Annie!
笑一个嘿,Annie!
Beautiful, guys.
很好看。
That's a classic Schwinn.
这是我的老Schwinn车。
Someone gave it to me.
别人送给我的。
That's my 29th. Wonderful.
这是我的第29辆车了好的。
I've had 28 stolen.
前28辆都被偷了。
28 stolen bikes?
28辆自行车?
Yeah. That's the 29th.
是的…这是第29辆。
Oh, my goodness, the kids are all here.
哦,天呐,你们都来了。
The kids are here.
你们都来了…
I came out from L.A.With Annie.
我从洛杉矶和Annie一起过来的。
Oh, how wonderful. -She's ensconced down there.
哦,那真好。-她住在这边。
Oh, aren't you kids beautiful? Look at you.
你看,你们这样很好看啊。
"You kids." Never changes.
你还是叫我"孩子"。
Look at you two kids. -You gonna take?
看你们两个…-你要拍照么?
Yes. -Of us?
是的-给我们两个拍?
Yes. In basic black? Are you kidding?
是的…你穿的黑色,开玩笑么?
A very special one too. Yes.
不过这也很特别。
Bill is a true egalitarian.
Bill对每个人都是一样的。