Mrs. Lincoln has invited General and Mrs. Grant to join us at the theater this evening.
我夫人邀请将军和他夫人 今晚在剧院与我们会面
And General Grant already hints that they will decline in favor of taking a train to New Jersey to visit with their children.
不过格兰特将军已婉拒了我 因为他们要坐火车去 新泽西州看望孩子
I trust that you have had no occasion to encourage this desertion in the face of entertainment?
估计你没趁机鼓吹他们 放弃去看戏吧
Had I the occasion, I would have seized it.
有机会的话我会抓住的
I am sorry, sir, but it is a fact that rumors of assassination schemes are everywhere now.
抱歉 先生 不过 现在关于刺杀的谣言四起
It remains a constant subject of concern between myself and Mr. Seward, even in the face of his recovery.
即使在西华德先生康复期间 我跟他都在一直忧心这件事
The doors to the White House stand open,to one and all, day and night, Stanton.
白宫的大门无论何时 都为所有人敞开着 斯坦顿
My life is within reach of anyone,sane or mad.
谁都能找得到我 无论对方神志清醒 抑或失去理智
By the hand of a murderer, I can die but once.
无论被杀多少回 我也只会死一次
But to go continually in fear,that is to die over and over and over again.
但活在恐惧中 却像是被人杀了一遍又一遍 永无止尽