My students to carry out. First of all,
大家使用首先
Because it is not to the exclusion of the average. Just like positive psychology does not say let's exclude
因为它不是排除了普罗大众就像积极心理学不是说 排除不可行的事
What's not working; let's exclude study of pathology . Similarly, growing tip statistics is not saying
排除病理研究 同样 成长尖端统计学不是提倡
Let's not study the average . It says let's also study the best .
我们别研究大众了 它提倡也去研究最优秀的个体
So this is the first thing to alleviate the concern of elitism. The second issue, the second response is even more important.
因此在这问题上无须计较研究对象是不是精英第二点 更为重要的是
Because everyone benefits, when we study the best. And the average whatever that means the average ,
研究最优秀的个体 能让每个人从中受益而所谓的 大众
Benefits even more than the best of this kind of studies.
在这种研究中 大众 比 精英 受益更多
Why? For example: the study of resilience.
为什么呢?例如 对适应力的研究
We could have gone on and studied the average at risk population for decades and centuries.
我们本可以继续研究几百年来的平均受危人群
And very little advances would have been made. Very little advances were made.
应该会取得一点点进展事实证明进展甚微
It was only when we started to study those best examples, those successful kids,
只有当我们开始研究这些 最优秀 的个体 成功的孩子
Those super kids as they were initially named. It was only when we started to study those
那些 超级 孩子只有当我们开始研究这些