He made up his mind not to pay taxes.
他决心不再缴税。
Trying broad margin meditation,
试着放宽冥想的界限,
I sit in the sunny doorway of my casita, amidst the yucca and loquats and purple rain birches.
我坐在阳光下的门廊边坐在丝兰花,枇杷和紫色的雨桦树间。
Some I planted, some volunteered.
一些是我种的,一些是自行长出来的。
Birds, chickadees, finches, sparrows, pairs of doves, a pair of towhees, and their enemy, the jay.
鸟儿,山雀,燕雀,麻雀,成对的鸽子,一对红眼雀,还有它们的天敌松鸡。
Hawk overhead. Barn swallows at twilight.
老鹰在头顶上飞来飞去,暮色中谷仓上栖息着燕子。
I know: Thoreau sat with notebook and pencil in hand.
梭罗拿着本子和笔,静静的坐着。
Days full of writing.
日复一日的写作。
A wonderful thing that I could accomplish in this long poem
在这首长诗里我能做到的美妙的事
is that I found a way to end some of the stories that I started in my first book The Woman Warrior.
就是找到了结我在第一本书《女战士》里开头的一些故事。
I am going to read to you from the very beginning of The Woman Warrior
我会从《女战士》的最开头开始读给你们听
in which a curse was placed on our family and...
在开头,我的家庭被下了诅咒……
Well I will just read it and this will give you a... the background for something that I will do in the long poem.
我会读给你们听,给你们提供一些长诗的相关背景。